PDA

View Full Version : Bogut out indefinitely with rib fracture

leprechaun5
04-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Warriors center Andrew Bogut has been diagnosed with a rib fracture and is sidelined indefinitely.

huge blow

GiantsSwaGG
04-14-2014, 08:59 PM
He's made of glass

goingfor28
04-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Shocker

leprechaun5
04-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Kevin Pelton ‏@kpelton
Rib fractures uncommon in the NBA. Ty Lawson missed 3 weeks earlier this year and Aron Baynes recently missed 2 weeks.

Hawkeye15
04-14-2014, 09:04 PM
this really, really hurts GS. Hopefully, he can return mid-1st round, but in the west, where they will probably play the Clippers in round 1, this really hurts them.

AddiX
04-14-2014, 09:17 PM
I've had multiple rib fractures, they suck, makes it hard to move or even breath.

But for the playoffs, I'd at least take some pain killers and give it a shot.

GS got no shot without him.

Hawkeye15
04-14-2014, 09:23 PM
I've had multiple rib fractures, they suck, makes it hard to move or even breath.

But for the playoffs, I'd at least take some pain killers and give it a shot.

GS got no shot without him.

I have had my ribs broken twice. It does suck haha.

torocan
04-14-2014, 09:24 PM
Really bad luck for GSW. Clippers-GSW was looking to be a really good series.

Best wishes, and hope he comes back strong before the play offs are done.

AddiX
04-14-2014, 09:25 PM

Fully broke or fractured?

If it wasn't the floating rib, that must of been quite a blow to fully break them.

ghettosean
04-14-2014, 09:26 PM
These guys can't get a break with injuries during or before the playoffs. Damn shame... Lee now Bogut... yikes!

MonroeFAN
04-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Can't say I'm even remotely surprised, but that sucks for Golden State.

Duncan = Donkey
04-14-2014, 09:29 PM
I have played soccer with a fractured rib. He is a ***** if he sits out even one playoff game.

Hawkeye15
04-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Fully broke or fractured?

If it wasn't the floating rib, that must of been quite a blow to fully break them.

Broken once, fractured another time.

Yeah, it was a major blow. When I fractured my ribs, it was a kick I let slip through stupidly. I was actually able to finish the fight, but lost anyways. To a canadian....

Cal827
04-14-2014, 09:32 PM
Well, looks like there's gonna be a team that the higher seeds would prefer to play.

Very Unfortunate for the Warriors and their fans.

AddiX
04-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Broken once, fractured another time.

Yeah, it was a major blow. When I fractured my ribs, it was a kick I let slip through stupidly. I was actually able to finish the fight, but lost anyways. To a canadian....

Spinning back kick?

Those things are def rib breakers.

I did Muay Thai for a short time, getting kicked just wasn't for me. Why's your name highlighted grey, does that mean your retired or something or just old?

sunsfan88
04-14-2014, 09:46 PM
This is why I thought it was extremely stupid of the Warriors to give Bogut that much money. He's never been a durable player dating back to his time with Milwaukee.

At least they have O'Neal who has been playing pretty well in Bogut's place.

sunsfan88
04-14-2014, 09:51 PM
Why's your name highlighted grey, does that mean your retired or something or just old?

Maybe both? ;)

TheMightyHumph
04-14-2014, 09:58 PM

What the circumstances of each incident?

goku
04-14-2014, 10:45 PM
Bogut just cant stay healthy him nor Lee

All-In
04-14-2014, 10:56 PM
This stinks…I was excited to see the lineup of Bogut, Green, Iggy, Thompson and Curry make a playoff run

Clippersfan86
04-14-2014, 11:50 PM
Clippers in 5. Bogut has been a huge thorn in our sides. Without his D Griffin/DJ are going to feast all day.

NoahH
04-14-2014, 11:55 PM
OWCH. Curry is gonna have to play like Game 1 of the SAS v. GSW series every game for the Warriors to have a shot now. If i was Bogut though I'd wear a padded under shirt and take some advil and go

KnicksorBust
04-15-2014, 12:26 AM
Waiting for another absurd "Warriors will be better without him!" post.

ThaDubs
04-15-2014, 12:31 AM
I have played soccer with a fractured rib. He is a ***** if he sits out even one playoff game.

It's the NBA. He's going against 7'0'' 240 lbs beasts every night and injuries are hard to deal with when you're as big as he is. Peewee soccer ain't ****

Htownballa1622
04-15-2014, 12:32 AM
I wanted to see #FULLSQUAD. :mad:

TOUGH break. :ouch:

ThaDubs
04-15-2014, 12:49 AM
I wanted to see #FULLSQUAD. :mad:

TOUGH break. :ouch:

Have fun in the second+ round... and I'm serious. No way we're making it out of the first.

lol, please
04-15-2014, 01:25 AM
Maybe no more #FULLSQUAD, but the Warriors will prevail. O'neal goes hard in the paint, and we are getting back a healthy Ezeli. The Warriors will not be denied.

lol, please
04-15-2014, 01:30 AM
Spinning back kick?

Those things are def rib breakers.

I did Muay Thai for a short time, getting kicked just wasn't for me. Why's your name highlighted grey, does that mean your retired or something or just old?
I farcured a rib in a fight as well, at the very end of it, like a fool, dropping my hands and he slipped in a hook meant for my head because I was low but I came up as I moved away and I felt a crack with 30 secs left, I finished with earmuffs on like Clottey had against Pacquiao, and was able to walk out and talk and whatnot and wasn't in that much pain, but I think that was adrenaline, because later it hurt with every breath.

Anyway you can still play a game depending on how severe it is if you take some pain killers and suck it up, but we know Bogut will ride the bench like a boss, and stylez will love every minute of it and rub it in.

mightybosstone
04-15-2014, 01:45 AM
This is why I thought it was extremely stupid of the Warriors to give Bogut that much money. He's never been a durable player dating back to his time with Milwaukee.

At least they have O'Neal who has been playing pretty well in Bogut's place.

I've been saying this ever since they signed him to that contract. I like the guy, and I'd like him to stay health and return to the form of his peak. But neither of those things is ever happening. People have been saying for years that all of Bogut's injuries are just flukes, but at some point, those "flukes" start to add up and you start to realize they were never really flukes to begin with. The guy is just injury prone. Period.

Hopefully he can get healthy early enough in the Clippers series to make it somewhat competitive, but they need him for at least 2-3 games in that series to realistically have a chance against the Clippers. Either that or Steph Curry's going to need to put up 40+ every night and Jermaine O'Neal is going to have to channel his Indiana days.

mightybosstone
04-15-2014, 01:47 AM
Maybe no more #FULLSQUAD, but the Warriors will prevail. O'neal goes hard in the paint, and we are getting back a healthy Ezeli. The Warriors will not be denied.

If the Warriors lose in the first round I wonder if we'll see you in the NBA forum for a while.

Bruno
04-15-2014, 01:49 AM
and thats why you don't pay big bucks for lee and bogut. can't have two big risks like that on your front court if you wana survive the western conference. the warriors are made of glass, despite the talent and ability.

lol, please
04-15-2014, 02:05 AM
If the Warriors lose in the first round I wonder if we'll see you in the NBA forum for a while.

If and when we exit I will come and eat my crow as I always do, you can be sure of that. :)

But I will focus on the Giants if and when that happens, so after coming in to admit I was wrong, I would not be posting in here til next season very much at all.

Guppyfighter
04-15-2014, 02:06 AM
In this thread we have a bunch of people who think they understand health talking about what makes a person injury prone.

Stop using WebMD, it doesn't make you a doctor.

This is a case of "**** happens." It's not a case of "Damn, Bogut has chronic have shattered rib" disease.

It's bad luck. It's all you can really call it. And I am not sure why people think Lee is injury prone as he has played in the vast majority of his career games.

ThaDubs
04-15-2014, 02:13 AM
Why are people acting like D Lee is injury prone?..

lol, please
04-15-2014, 02:16 AM
O'neal and Ezeli will carry the weight for Bogut while he heals, you can bet on that.

mightybosstone
04-15-2014, 02:30 AM
and thats why you don't pay big bucks for lee and bogut. can't have two big risks like that on your front court if you wana survive the western conference. the warriors are made of glass, despite the talent and ability.

It's actually kind of funny to think that Curry's contract almost seemed like a gamble two offseasons ago. Everyone was talking about how his ankles were made of papier mache, and the guy is now a top 10 player in the league hasn't missed but eight games over the last two seasons. But I suppose that's kind of how things go. They got lucky that Curry's ankles didn't continue to be a major problem, but they weren't going to get lucky twice. If you sign or re-sign guys with a history of injury concerns, you shouldn't be surprised when they're always injured.

goingfor28
04-15-2014, 02:34 AM
O'neal and Ezeli will carry the weight for Bogut while he heals, you can bet on that.

lol, please

Guppyfighter
04-15-2014, 02:35 AM
Injuries like this can happen to any player. Their freak accidents. It's not being injury prone.

Talking to fans about injury history and the health status of a player is such a futile exercise. No matter what an actual professional would say, they insist they know a ton about a players health.

lol, please
04-15-2014, 02:38 AM
lol, please

Why not? I'm not saying the loss doesn't hurt, but don't count out the warriors, O'neal can definitely hold his own against anyone and Ezeli is a servicable backup C, and we have green and lee, and Kuzmic.

goingfor28
04-15-2014, 02:41 AM
Why not? I'm not saying the loss doesn't hurt, but don't count out the warriors, O'neal can definitely hold his own against anyone and Ezeli is a servicable backup C, and we have green and lee, and Kuzmic.

Blake and DJ will **** on them without Bogut. And if somehow they didn't, then Dwight would as well.
Bogut is a huge loss

mightybosstone
04-15-2014, 02:44 AM
Injuries like this can happen to any player. Their freak accidents. It's not being injury prone.

Talking to fans about injury history and the health status of a player is such a futile exercise. No matter what an actual professional would say, they insist they know a ton about a players health.

You can call it whatever you like, but I don't deal in excuses. I deal in the truth. And the reality of the matter is that Bogut hasn't played 70 games in a season since 2008. The last time Bogut played 70 games in a season, George W. Bush was president and Heath Ledger was still alive. You can call them "freak accidents" all you want to, but if I had that many "freak accidents" at my job that caused me to miss that much work, I would have been fired years ago.

FOBolous
04-15-2014, 02:51 AM
get well soon, Bogut.

Guppyfighter
04-15-2014, 03:01 AM
You can call it whatever you like, but I don't deal in excuses. I deal in the truth. And the reality of the matter is that Bogut hasn't played 70 games in a season since 2008. The last time Bogut played 70 games in a season, George W. Bush was president and Heath Ledger was still alive. You can call them "freak accidents" all you want to, but if I had that many "freak accidents" at my job that caused me to miss that much work, I would have been fired years ago.

How is it an excuse? Injuries like this are bad luck. There is no medical argument you can make against that. You can quote it like that all you want, you can say he is injury prone, but what you say doesn't matter for reality.

It's just ****** ****ing luck. You know what, I suggest you go talk to a medical professional, of any kind and give your opinion about sports players injury histories. See what they think. It may be enlightening. You don't have to take my word for it.

Htownballa1622
04-15-2014, 03:08 AM
Have fun in the second+ round... and I'm serious. No way we're making it out of the first.

I think the chances haven't decreased much with the loss. They were already underdogs imo but if the splash bros can play well along with Lee then they've got a shot to extend the series. It's not too out the realm of possibility that O'neal could hold down the paint either. Only thing is, idk how long he can man the paint w/o Bogut being active to stagger those minutes.

sunsfan88
04-15-2014, 04:06 AM
Lee isn't injury prone. Curry is more injury prone than Lee.

tredigs
04-15-2014, 04:28 AM
There are exactly 0 posters on here who have called Lee injury prone before he happened to go down in a playoff series last season. And they would be idiots to do so, as he has been a rock throughout his career.

Anyway, Bogut lightly cracked the rib when Faried elbowed him in the Denver game, then he played through it for 2 games until he got sandwiched between LMA and another player in the Portland game and it fractured further. The "I told you so!" from you guys BS is just that; that trade was genius and a big reason why we're in the place were in. That and the other "wow, stupid contract" we gave to Steph Curry at 11 mil a year (looks like the best contract in the NBA at this point, ay?).

All that said, we're likely ****ed without Bogut. D. Lee being out would've been a blessing in disguise against certain teams, but Bogut being out crushes us. He's the 2nd most important player on the team and one of the keys to why I thought we were going to take out the Clips. O'Neal has been solid and if Ezeli can contribute that could be a wild card, but this is clearly terrible news for GS.

Clippersfan86
04-15-2014, 12:15 PM
Tre the Warriors WITH Bogut aren't taking out the Clips, especially without HCA. Now that Crawford and Redick are back, with Granger not far behind... Best case for GS would of been a competitive loss in 6.

Clippersfan86
04-15-2014, 12:17 PM
Clippers have the second best home record in the NBA, just behind Indy. Which is why I felt that 2 seed was so important (damn injuries).

mightybosstone
04-15-2014, 12:49 PM
How is it an excuse? Injuries like this are bad luck. There is no medical argument you can make against that. You can quote it like that all you want, you can say he is injury prone, but what you say doesn't matter for reality.

It's just ****** ****ing luck. You know what, I suggest you go talk to a medical professional, of any kind and give your opinion about sports players injury histories. See what they think. It may be enlightening. You don't have to take my word for it.
Perhaps the problem is you don't understand what "injury prone" means. "Prone" generally means that something is more likely to happen than the norm. If something happens to you far more often than it happens to the average person, you are prone to that thing. Injuries keep happening to Andrew Bogut. I don't care if they're freak accidents or bad luck or whatever the **** you want to call them. But he is far more prone to getting injured than the average professional athlete. Hence "injury prone." You can call it whatever you want or justify it however you like, but that does not remotely change the fact that he is an injury prone athlete. Period.

MonroeFAN
04-15-2014, 12:57 PM

Injury prone or just having bad luck, I don't see the difference. Most people who are injury prone have bad luck.

mightybosstone
04-15-2014, 01:01 PM
There are exactly 0 posters on here who have called Lee injury prone before he happened to go down in a playoff series last season. And they would be idiots to do so, as he has been a rock throughout his career.
I don't consider Lee to be injury prone. The few injuries he's had the last few seasons have just been more notable because of their timing, but they weren't even serious injuries.

Anyway, Bogut lightly cracked the rib when Faried elbowed him in the Denver game, then he played through it for 2 games until he got sandwiched between LMA and another player in the Portland game and it fractured further. The "I told you so!" from you guys BS is just that; that trade was genius and a big reason why we're in the place were in.
I don't knock the trade. It was the right move, and if they could go back in time and change it, they shouldn't. Bogut gave the Warriors a legitimate interior presence and got rid of Ellis, who was always going to be a bad fit next to Curry. Great trade. Love it. I'm knocking the contract extension they gave Bogut. 3 years, $36 million isn't a bad deal for a great defensive center, but it's a bad deal for a player who will never play more than 75-80% of a season and can't give you a consistent 30+ minutes a night. If it had been $24-$28 million over three years, I wouldn't have blinked an eye. But $12 million a year for a player with his injury history is a huge gamble, and it's one that could really bite them in the *** this postseason.

That and the other "wow, stupid contract" we gave to Steph Curry at 11 mil a year (looks like the best contract in the NBA at this point, ay?).
I didn't think the Curry contract was a bad one. I thought it was decent value for a player with his potential and a slight gamble because of the concerns with his ankle injuries. Other players with similar value were getting about the same on the market that offseason. Obviously now that looks to be one of the top contracts in the entire league, so things sort of even out between Bogut and Curry.

All that said, we're likely ****ed without Bogut. D. Lee being out would've been a blessing in disguise against certain teams, but Bogut being out crushes us. He's the 2nd most important player on the team and one of the keys to why I thought we were going to take out the Clips. O'Neal has been solid and if Ezeli can contribute that could be a wild card, but this is clearly terrible news for GS.
There's always a chance Golden State could get really, really hot in the playoffs like they did last season, but I just can't see them beating a team as talented as LA over a seven game series without Bogut. Hopefully he heals up enough to give the Warriors some meaningful minutes in that series.

Tony_Starks
04-15-2014, 01:04 PM
I swear this guy is one of the most unreliable son of a guns I've ever seen. I guess you can attribute it to his physical style of play but still it's not like he's Blake Griffin or anything...

Goose17
04-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Bogut is a huge loss, I wish he hadn't tried to play through the initial injury but kudos to him for the effort. He must be heart broken knowing that he can't be there for his team.

This is significant for the Warriors. Bogut is an incredible player and was huge for us last year. O'Neal has stepped up during Bogut's other injuries (even locking down D12 at one point) so there's hope yet.

Guess what?

We STILL Believe.

Tre the Warriors WITH Bogut aren't taking out the Clips, especially without HCA. Now that Crawford and Redick are back, with Granger not far behind... Best case for GS would of been a competitive loss in 6.

LMAO

Bro, easy to say that when we'll never get to know.

I'm not going to take your comment too serious because you're just being a homer and it's cool because I'm about to do the same;

We will still beat you. With or without him.

But let's face it, we MIGHT end up playing OKC (doubtful though)

tredigs
04-15-2014, 01:53 PM
No offense MightyBosstone, but I could care less what you yourself have to say on the subject, I was speaking to the general sentiment of the trades/contracts to outside fans (and Monta fans). And the Warriors were not particularly hot at all in the post-season, that's just the team they were with Bogut to anchor the D.

@Clippersfan86, I highly disagree. The Warriors aren't a squad that frets playing on the road; T-3rd best road record in the league and no stranger to knocking teams with HCA out in the 1st round. It's not a particularly ideal matchup for the Clips, either. It was a matchup I was highly looking forward to and one I had a feeling GS would pull off as underdogs. That changes now, but it's still not impossible. And it's not as if we can rule out other series-changing injuries occurring to either team over the next week.

Mudvayne91
04-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Lolz

lol, please
04-15-2014, 03:20 PM
No offense MightyBosstone, but I could care less what you yourself have to say on the subject, I was speaking to the general sentiment of the trades/contracts to outside fans (and Monta fans). And the Warriors were not particularly hot at all in the post-season, that's just the team they were with Bogut to anchor the D.

@Clippersfan86, I highly disagree. The Warriors aren't a squad that frets playing on the road; T-3rd best road record in the league and no stranger to knocking teams with HCA out in the 1st round. It's not a particularly ideal matchup for the Clips, either. It was a matchup I was highly looking forward to and one I had a feeling GS would pull off as underdogs. That changes now, but it's still not impossible. And it's not as if we can rule out other series-changing injuries occurring to either team over the next week.
Great post.

Peopel are writing the dubs off already and its laughable, sure it's a hit, but whatever, the warriors have been playing with a chip on their shoulder and it probably will bring the best out of them, they can never do enough to satisfy the doubters but keep winning.

mightybosstone
04-15-2014, 03:37 PM
No offense, but that's kind of a dickish thing to say. Next time, just don't respond at all. I'd prefer that.

*Note* While we're being *******s to one another, don't say "I could care less." That means you clearly care enough that you could be more apathetic to the situation. You're trying to say "I couldn't care less."

mightybosstone
04-15-2014, 03:44 PM
Peopel are writing the dubs off already and its laughable, sure it's a hit, but whatever, the warriors have been playing with a chip on their shoulder and it probably will bring the best out of them, they can never do enough to satisfy the doubters but keep winning.

No one is saying the Clippers winning is a foregone conclusion. But if any team were to lose its interior defensive anchor and arguably the second or third most important player a week before the playoffs started, and they were underdogs to begin with, few people are going to pick them to win that first postseason series.

And let's not play the "nobody believes in us" card. The Warriors are one season removed from becoming a relevant franchise again, and they get exactly the right amount of respect for a team as young and talented as they are. If there are "doubters" about the Warriors chances to make a deep playoff run, it's because they're playing in a freakishly talented conference without home court advantage in a single series against teams with more playoff experience and without one of their best players. There's reason for doubt.

Hawkeye15
04-15-2014, 03:54 PM

Anyway, Bogut lightly cracked the rib when Faried elbowed him in the Denver game, then he played through it for 2 games until he got sandwiched between LMA and another player in the Portland game and it fractured further. The "I told you so!" from you guys BS is just that; that trade was genius and a big reason why we're in the place were in. That and the other "wow, stupid contract" we gave to Steph Curry at 11 mil a year (looks like the best contract in the NBA at this point, ay?).

That is just it. The Bogut trade was a great one. He had gone down with a freak injury, but it was to his elbow, not a lower body one, which are the scary ones for big men. No reason to believe he will be prone to injury going forward with the ones he has had either. Just ****** timing on this one, period.

So, he was hurt 2 nights ago (well, the fracture). The playoffs start Saturday. A fractured rib will keep him out 2-3 weeks. Lets say he is able to return by April 28, best case. That would mean he misses 4 playoff games probably. If GS can just sneak out a win on the road, there is a decent chance that it would be 2-2 when he gets back.

But, that is the ideal scenario. Lot to hope for.

Spanklin
04-15-2014, 04:33 PM
This franchise is screwed. I think I might have to quit being a fan and root for whatever team drafts Andrew Wiggins.

Spanklin
04-15-2014, 04:36 PM

Trade was genius bro? We gave away Monta Ellis who is helping lead and ancient Mark Cuban roster to virtually identical record as us.

Then we compounded the problem by trading away two unprotected first round picks, so we have no chance of ever digging ourselves out of this hole. How happy are we to watch this team get swept 0-4 in every first round, if they even make it that far next season?

Chronz
04-15-2014, 04:38 PM
SWEEP

Would've been fun at full health tho

Hawkeye15
04-15-2014, 04:39 PM
Trade was genius bro? We gave away Monta Ellis who is helping lead and ancient Mark Cuban roster to virtually identical record as us.

Then we compounded the problem by trading away two unprotected first round picks, so we have no chance of ever digging ourselves out of this hole. How happy are we to watch this team get swept 0-4 in every first round, if they even make it that far next season?

you traded a player you no longer had a place for, to get a legit anchor in the middle. It was a great trade, this timing just sucks.

Spanklin
04-15-2014, 05:07 PM
you traded a player you no longer had a place for, to get a legit anchor in the middle. It was a great trade, this timing just sucks.

We could have gotten Spencer Hawes for free and kept Monta.

There was always room for Monta but our idiot coaching staff couldn't figure out how to use him correctly like Rick Carlisle. End of story.

Guppyfighter
04-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Don't worry about Spanklin. He is a known troll on the Warriors board.

This forum just doesn't find it fit to ban trolls for some reason if "they don't break rules." They like ****** posters or something

TrueFan420
04-15-2014, 05:23 PM
SWEEP

Would've been fun at full health tho

haha im sorry but there isnt a chance you sweep us. yes it will be much more dificult for us to beat you but sweep isnt happening. curry and klay both get hot in a game and no one can beat us. lets also not forget that we have an crazy great home atmosphere.

Tony_Starks
04-15-2014, 05:31 PM
Bogut is solid but don't get it twisted, this isn't the end of the world. His main job would've been checking DJ who isn't exactly a offensive threat. Oneal is more than capable of doing that.

The key to the series remains can they contain Blake, CP3, and J Crawford. That's it, Curry and Klay aren't going to be able to just shoot their way out of the series.

TrueFan420
04-15-2014, 05:34 PM
This franchise is screwed. I think I might have to quit being a fan and root for whatever team drafts Andrew Wiggins.

Dude you’re not a warriors fan. You’ve admitted to liking multiple other teams before liking the warriors. You’re nothing more than a bandwagon fan that will never truly understand how great it feels for your team to win a championship. As a warriors fan who suffered through countless losing seasons the day we win it all will be unbelievably satisfying

AddiX
04-15-2014, 05:39 PM
I think warriors may win one game, just because they'll have a hot day at the 3 point line, but thats it.

As for bogut, warriors had to do that trade.

Have you seen how soft that team is without him? Softest team in NBA playoff history, you see more physical play from WNBA teams than this group of betas.

I bet klay and curry have have a twerking contest in the middle of the locker room before games. smh, these dudes is soft. Mark Jackson is begging to leave that team.

Guppyfighter
04-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Bogut is solid but don't get it twisted, this isn't the end of the world. His main job would've been checking DJ who isn't exactly a offensive threat. Oneal is more than capable of doing that.

The key to the series remains can they contain Blake, CP3, and J Crawford. That's it, Curry and Klay aren't going to be able to just shoot their way out of the series.

This would make sense if you don't use statistics and don't watch Warrior games.

Bogut is probably the biggest reason we are third in defensive efficiency.

Hawkeye15
04-15-2014, 06:08 PM
We could have gotten Spencer Hawes for free and kept Monta.

There was always room for Monta but our idiot coaching staff couldn't figure out how to use him correctly like Rick Carlisle. End of story.

Spencer Hawes? How does he possibly help anchor a defense?

And Monta was entirely replaceable at that point. For a much cheaper option(s).

Tony_Starks
04-15-2014, 06:09 PM
This would make sense if you don't use statistics and don't watch Warrior games.

You're right. I don't do stats and never watch the most exciting team in basketball. I'm speaking strictly from blind hypotheticals....

Hawkeye15
04-15-2014, 06:10 PM

no, Bogut's job would have been to keep Paul from creating pure hell for the Warrior defense in the lane, and to keep DJ off the glass, and Griffin from attacking every time down the floor.

Crackadalic
04-15-2014, 06:16 PM
Losing him hurts. He was one of the better defenders at center

Tony_Starks
04-15-2014, 07:21 PM
no, Bogut's job would have been to keep Paul from creating pure hell for the Warrior defense in the lane, and to keep DJ off the glass, and Griffin from attacking every time down the floor.

You're vastly overrating him if you think he's doing all that. First off in the two losses to Clipps they gave up 124 and 111. He played both of those games. There's nothing he can do with CP3, if he steps up to contain him it's lob city time to DJ. Same with Blake.

Secondly he's routinely missed games, hes having his typical 60ish game season so it's not like they're not used to playing without him.

If anything Iggy will be the biggest defensive factor because he can defend multiple guards and switch to CP3 If he decides to bully Curry.

NBA_Starter
04-15-2014, 07:48 PM
Get well soon Bogut

Hawkeye15
04-15-2014, 08:08 PM
You're vastly overrating him if you think he's doing all that. First off in the two losses to Clipps they gave up 124 and 111. He played both of those games. There's nothing he can do with CP3, if he steps up to contain him it's lob city time to DJ. Same with Blake.

Secondly he's routinely missed games, hes having his typical 60ish game season so it's not like they're not used to playing without him.

If anything Iggy will be the biggest defensive factor because he can defend multiple guards and switch to CP3 If he decides to bully Curry.

I said that is his job, not that he will automatically handle it. But he is a MONSTER upgrade to their interior defense with what they will march out to start the playoffs. Period.

lol, please
04-15-2014, 08:45 PM

Great post.

Get well soon Bogut

:clap:

COOLbeans
04-15-2014, 09:26 PM
Didn't the Warriors beat the Clippers handedly this year without Bogut?

Spanklin
04-15-2014, 10:25 PM
Dude you’re not a warriors fan. You’ve admitted to liking multiple other teams before liking the warriors. You’re nothing more than a bandwagon fan that will never truly understand how great it feels for your team to win a championship. As a warriors fan who suffered through countless losing seasons the day we win it all will be unbelievably satisfying

Dude, I'm the only real fan in the Warriors forum tbh. My passion for basketball is so high that I'm willing to consider switching teams if the ownership is only in it for money and doesn't care about bringing home a trophy .

For example, I could never be a fan of LA Clippers as long as that racist Donald Sterling owns the team. I even hate those sellouts Chris Paul and Blake Griffin for betraying their race by signing long term contracts underneath his boot. It's deplorable to give your blind loyalty to a team like you do.

You fake Warriors fans don't care, you root for cheap entertainment like NBA is a circus sideshow. I'm the real truefan.

Chronz
04-15-2014, 10:50 PM
haha im sorry but there isnt a chance you sweep us. yes it will be much more dificult for us to beat you but sweep isnt happening. curry and klay both get hot in a game and no one can beat us. lets also not forget that we have an crazy great home atmosphere.

Gentleman's sweep

Chronz
04-15-2014, 10:53 PM

He usually checks Blake, does a great job. CP3 is influenced by team defense, of which Bogut is elite at.

lol, please
04-16-2014, 12:20 AM
Tell em spaklin! Lol

goingfor28
04-16-2014, 12:47 AM
Will Iggy be ready to play? I don't even know why he's been out or for how long.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2014, 04:49 AM
I can already see it now. Clippers sweep or win in 5 and all we hear about is how if Bogut played we would have won the series. Never mind that the Clippers are clearly the superior team in general, despite more injury problems than just about any team in the league. Our top lineup got to play like 20 games together. I'm amazed we are winning 57-58 games and putting up the 2nd best SRS and differential in the NBA despite all the choas. 7 or 8 new players... New coaching staff and system... Starters and best players out consistently with injury. Redick is rounding into form and Granger was a beast before he pulled the hammy and should be back soon. His D will be so valuable come playoff time.

tredigs
04-16-2014, 05:02 AM
I can already see it now. Clippers sweep or win in 5 and all we hear about is how if Bogut played we would have won the series. Never mind that the Clippers are clearly the superior team in general, despite more injury problems than just about any team in the league. Our top lineup got to play like 20 games together. I'm amazed we are winning 57-58 games and putting up the 2nd best SRS and differential in the NBA despite all the choas. 7 or 8 new players... New coaching staff and system... Starters and best players out consistently with injury. Redick is rounding into form and Granger was a beast before he pulled the hammy and should be back soon. His D will be so valuable come playoff time.
I'm just hoping Blake goes down with a pulled hammy so we can even the playing field back up.

torocan
04-16-2014, 08:26 AM
I'm just hoping Blake goes down with a pulled hammy so we can even the playing field back up.

Dude, WTH? I get that it sucks to have Bogut injured, but wishing injury on the other team?

Not cool... :pity:

COOLbeans
04-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Last season the Warriors went 5-1 against the Clippers with no Bogut.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2014, 11:41 AM
And last year we went 3-1 against Memphis including a 26 point blowout in Memphis without CP3. You saw how that correlated to the playoffs. Bottom line is, yes the Warriors are dangerous. But to act like they had a good chance without HCA, with healthy Bogut, is ignorant. In the playoffs coaching disparity is magnified a ton. Do you see Mark Jackson matching up with Doc?

Also lol at comparing the loss of Bogut to Blake Griffin Tre.

mightybosstone
04-16-2014, 12:00 PM

The two teams played six times in a single season? :eyebrow:

Clippersfan86
04-16-2014, 12:21 PM
Warriors actually went 19-1 against us last year in the regular season. It was a typo on his part. They will be starting their 3 peat this year. You didn't know that Boss? Shame on you! #fullsquad. Lol

lol, please
04-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Amidst the sarcasm and facetious statements his point still stands and it's for that reason that warriors fans always look forward to playing the clippers and don't consider them that much of a threat.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Oh the Warriors view the Clippers as a threat. Otherwise all the drama surrounding the teams wouldn't exist. Clippers are favored even with Bogut and only a delusional Warriors fan would act like the Warriors SHOULD win that series. If they do, its a surprise, not the expected result. Warriors actually underachieved this year considering how good we all thought they could be with Iggy.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Let me repeat. Last year Clippers went 3-1 against Memphis by big margins. Regular season wins in H2H often don't correlate to the playoffs.

lol, please
04-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Let me repeat. Last year Clippers went 3-1 against Memphis by big margins. Regular season wins in H2H often don't correlate to the playoffs.
I agree 110%, something warriors have been trying to tell rockets fans all season, but since it's not convenient for them to acknowledge this, it falls on deaf ears.

Chronz
04-16-2014, 01:48 PM

Pretty sure you guys won all 6 games.

CityofChaos
04-16-2014, 02:03 PM
There has to be a DECENT veteren center FA out there that the Warriors should pick up heading into the playoffs. Anyone know of any names? Greg Steisma?

I dont feel comftorable w/ just Jermaine O'Neal who is injury prone as well,Hilton Armstrong and Ognjen Kuzmic--both who have spent more time in the d league than during regular season.

COOLbeans
04-16-2014, 03:29 PM
The two teams played six times in a single season? :eyebrow:

Preseason included

colgatekiller
04-16-2014, 03:42 PM
I'm the first one to say that the Warriors are screwed without bogut.
That being said, Ive always thought the Clippers were a regular season team. Maybe Doc will change that this year, but if any series was crying for an upset, its this one.

ewing
04-16-2014, 03:45 PM
who won the preseason games? That's important

Clippersfan86
04-16-2014, 03:45 PM
Preseason included

:laugh::laugh:

Clippersfan86
04-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Pretty sure you guys won all 6 games.

Yup. They won the preseason division title. It's time for us to recognize greatness.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2014, 03:51 PM
I agree 110%, something warriors have been trying to tell rockets fans all season, but since it's not convenient for them to acknowledge this, it falls on deaf ears.

Let me say this. The H2H isn't completely useless. It's just that to act like it determines the outcome of a playoff series, is a huge stretch. For example this year we went 4-0 vs the Rockets, but it was pretty much for the same reasons every time, which obviously explains a matchup problem Houston has for us. They couldn't stop Blake, CP3 got easy penetration on their PG's and they turn the ball over too much, feeding directly into the Clippers strength. So in the playoffs, I still think we would beat the Rockets without a doubt.

In the case of GS vs Houston I only watched 1 or 2 of the games, so I'm not sure WHY they won H2H or whatever to say this is the case. If Houston was winning with the same exposing of a flaw over and over, I'd say there will likely be a correlation to the playoffs. For example two years ago when the Clippers beat the Grizzlies in the playoffs. I knew it would happen because of how the Rudy Gay Grizzlies played. They didn't move the ball well or shoot well, which made our terrible 3 point D a non issue. The Clippers were the best turnover team in the NBA or 2nd best in 2012, so the Grizzlies playstyle of turning teams over wasn't going to work the same.

More on the topic at hand... the Clippers are the top ranked 3 point defense in the NBA. When Doc/Gentry have a whole series to adjust things I just don't see GS getting hot and torching us in a 7 game series. The biggest matchup problems the Warriors posed for the Clippers this year have been Lee/Bogut. Lee has for some reason scored at will on Blake AND DJ, and Bogut has raised serious hell on D. Never mind his hard fouls to take guys mentally out of games a bit. Even WITH a healthy Bogut and Lee... I think Clippers win a competitive 6, considering they have HCA. Without HCA, of course things could easily change.

Curry's actually only had one dominant game against us and shot like 35 or 40 percent I think the other 3 combined (if my memory isn't failing me). Thompson had two great games and two bad ones. It's not the Splash brothers that kill us anymore, like in previous years. Thanks to Doc Rivers. I'd much rather Lee drop 30 on us.. than us give up tons of 3's.

Hawkeye15
04-16-2014, 03:52 PM
who won the preseason games? That's important

Wolves were 7-1 in the preseason the year they won 17 games...

COOLbeans
04-16-2014, 03:53 PM
:laugh::laugh:

it's so funny to include the preseason and regular season record in my post. Lol I can't believe I came up with that.

COOLbeans
04-16-2014, 03:54 PM
And I combined them no less!!!

Clippersfan86
04-16-2014, 03:56 PM
it's so funny to include the preseason and regular season record in my post. Lol I can't believe I came up with that.

60 percent of the time, it works every time. That's the perfect line for this scenario.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2014, 03:58 PM
And I combined them no less!!!

Wait... you pooped in the refrigerator and ate a whole wheel of cheese? I'm not even mad. That's actually amazing.

TheIlladelph16
04-16-2014, 04:15 PM
I do love how some fans can convince themselves that a player who: 1)Has played in at least 70 games only one time since his rookie season 2)Has season game totals of 12, 32 and 36 in three of the last six seasons (the latter two coming in the last three seasons) is somehow not injury prone. When freak injuries reoccur on a consistent basis, that player is injury prone. He just is. He's now about to miss the biggest post season of his career and with the best team he's ever been on.

Gimme the Clips in 5.

Guppyfighter
04-16-2014, 04:20 PM
I do love how some fans can convince themselves that a player who: 1)Has played in at least 70 games only one time since his rookie season 2)Has season game totals of 12, 32 and 36 in three of the last six seasons (the latter two coming in the last three seasons) is somehow not injury prone. When freak injuries reoccur on a consistent basis, that player is injury prone. He just is. He's now about to miss the biggest post season of his career and with the best team he's ever been on.

Gimme the Clips in 5.

"I am a medical expert. Bogut obviously has chronic broken bones disease. And no, this is just bad luck. This is obviously something we can predict."

No wonder every doctor I know find sports fans infuriating.

Hawkeye15
04-16-2014, 04:22 PM
"I am a medical expert. Bogut obviously has chronic broken bones disease. And no, this is just bad luck. This is obviously something we can predict."

you do have to admit though, being unlucky is just as bad as being injury prone. I don't care if its because you got hit by a car, or you tore a tendon while playing. If you can't play for my team, you are prone to missing time.

alexander_37
04-16-2014, 04:27 PM
#fullsquad.

Guppyfighter
04-16-2014, 05:34 PM
you do have to admit though, being unlucky is just as bad as being injury prone. I don't care if its because you got hit by a car, or you tore a tendon while playing. If you can't play for my team, you are prone to missing time.

The difference being is anybody can be unlucky and then just stop. There have been plenty of "injury prone" players who stopped being considered injury prone later on in their careers.

Just gotta mark it down as **** happens.

colgatekiller
04-16-2014, 06:33 PM
The difference being is anybody can be unlucky and then just stop. There have been plenty of "injury prone" players who stopped being considered injury prone later on in their careers.

Agreed,
But **** happens a lot with Bogut and you won't be able to prove your point till "later on in his career"

TrueFan420
04-16-2014, 06:40 PM
Dude, I'm the only real fan in the Warriors forum tbh. My passion for basketball is so high that I'm willing to consider switching teams if the ownership is only in it for money and doesn't care about bringing home a trophy .

For example, I could never be a fan of LA Clippers as long as that racist Donald Sterling owns the team. I even hate those sellouts Chris Paul and Blake Griffin for betraying their race by signing long term contracts underneath his boot. It's deplorable to give your blind loyalty to a team like you do.

You fake Warriors fans don't care, you root for cheap entertainment like NBA is a circus sideshow. I'm the real truefan.

Dude you're a joke.

LA is a moot point. Were talking warriors. And cause you weren't a fan before we started winning you wouldn't know that it was the last owner that just cared about money. The new owner cares about winning and it can be seen on the court.

You're breaking new ground tho as you will now become my first ignore. Enjoy never knowing what it means to be a real fan of a team. One that weathers the storm when were losing and enjoys the teams triumphs when were winning. One that doesn't just abandon ship for the next winning franchise like some child.

Good day.

AddiX
04-16-2014, 07:30 PM

As unpredictable as injuries are, its pretty ridiculous to sAy some players aren't injury prone just because you spend all your time dick riding #s and stats, and have no stats to back "injury prone".

goingfor28
04-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Warriors actually went 19-1 against us last year in the regular season. It was a typo on his part. They will be starting their 3 peat this year. You didn't know that Boss? Shame on you! #fullsquad. Lol

This was funny lol good post :clap:

NBA_Starter
04-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Well at least Lee is back.

Guppyfighter
04-16-2014, 09:48 PM
As unpredictable as injuries are, its pretty ridiculous to sAy some players aren't injury prone just because you spend all your time dick riding #s and stats, and have no stats to back "injury prone".

I didn't say some players weren't injury prone. I am saying that most NBA fans or sports fans in general think is injury prone is usually because they are brain dead and lack critical thinking ability.

Hawkeye15
04-16-2014, 10:31 PM

oh no doubt. You can't really say an athlete was injury prone until a certain time, and that time is different for every athlete. Now, would it piss me off that Bogut just continues to miss time as a Warriors fan? Yes. But is his body one that I don't think will hold up, despite his past? No. We are not talking about Greg Oden.

Tony_Starks
04-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Call it bad luck. Chalk it up to ish happens. Maybe some crazy chick put a hex on him. Whatever.

All I know is that if someone offered you a bet that Bogut would play over 70 games next season you'd laugh at them and take their money.

Hawkeye15
04-16-2014, 10:57 PM
Call it bad luck. Chalk it up to ish happens. Maybe some crazy chick put a hex on him. Whatever.

All I know is that if someone offered you a bet that Bogut would play over 70 games next season you'd laugh at them and take their money.

for sure, but generally, anyone that big is going to miss some games, unless they are a freak athlete, ala Dwight or something.

7 footers typically miss games every year. Sure you can come up with many who haven't, but as a response, someone could come up with 20 times as many that have.

The human body is only meant to be so big, without sacrifices.

Goose17
04-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Bottom line is, yes the Warriors are dangerous. But to act like they had a good chance without HCA is ignorant.

People said the same about Denver last year.

Do you see Mark Jackson matching up with Doc?

People said the same about George Karl last year.

Keep doubting, keep hating, this is when we are at our best.

WE STILL BELIEVE.

Warriors in six.

TheIlladelph16
04-17-2014, 01:37 PM

We apparently have different definitions of what makes a player injury prone. I've never claimed to be a medical expert, but quite a nice straw man there. My opinion is that if a guy keeps getting injured year after year and misses significant time because of it, then he is injury prone. It doesn't matter to me if he bumped into a wall and broke his hip or he broke his ankle on the basketball court. You think that playing under 40 games two out of the last three seasons and missing another postseason doesn't constitute that label. To each their own I guess.

I saw wildly similar argument by Pats fans for Rob Gronkowski on this very issue. Rob only further proved that he is injury prone this year by blowing out every ligament in his knee on one play.

Ignoring the "injury prone" label for arguments sake, Bogut is simply a guy you can't count on to be healthy when you need him. He's proven it for years by continually getting injured and now he is going to miss another post season.