PDA

View Full Version : DeAndre Jordan's Season

Clippersfan86
04-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Were you impressed with the year he had? 10.5 ppg, 13.8 rpg, 2.5 bpg, 1 spg. Finished with a WS/48 of nearly .200 which is a place only the elite players in the NBA sit. I was tempted to bump the thread where everybody said he was a scrub and wouldn't improve, but figure maybe we could discuss this from scratch.

He just turned 26 and was a late bloomer like Tyson Chandler. Do you think he can be an all star any given year going forward? Do you think he's good enough to be a 3rd piece for a title contender? Do you think he's deserving of consideration for any of the awards, specifically MIP and DPOY?

Mr.SmackYoMama
04-14-2014, 07:30 PM
No

Buckwheat
04-14-2014, 07:34 PM
I don't think the Clippers have a shot to beat the Spurs or Thunder in the playoffs. And he's their third best player, so no.

And no to the rest, too.

Lakers + Giants
04-14-2014, 07:37 PM
I got him in the last round of my fantasy draft, was happy as **** when I got him. I think this is his ceiling tho, which is solid but not impressive. Just a solid center. Nothing more nothing less.

That's all you guys need with CP3 and BG anyway.

Method28
04-14-2014, 07:38 PM
I feel the jump he made this year was NECESSARY in order for the Clippers to truly contend.

He has made wonderful strides not only as a player but as a leader. You can see him talking more out there and taking responsibility on the defensive end. While I think he still needs to improve his one on one post defense (he's a great help defender) in order to be strongly considered for DPOY I do think he has the potential to do so.

DetroitBadBoy
04-14-2014, 07:40 PM
He's better than Hibbert lol

ManRam
04-14-2014, 07:46 PM
His defense has been a little disappointing this season. Obviously still quite elite, but he didn't take the step forward there. I don't think he should win DPOY or MIP. He's made strides, for sure...and it was needed. But still, there are more improved players and better defenders.

But yeah, we know what he is. A great rebounder and defender who as a 5th option on offense knows not to get in the way and **** things up. A solid 3rd best player and a good fit with CP3 and Blake.

bleedprple&gold
04-14-2014, 08:36 PM
He's better than Hibbert lol

This. Unlike Hibbert he actually understands that when the ball is shot he's free to go retrieve it and he can have success at doing it because he's taller than most everyone else, a concept Hibbert can't seem to grasp.

MrfadeawayJB
04-14-2014, 09:49 PM
He's improved a bunch but he still has limited offensive moves other than lob dunks and put backs

SluggeR
04-14-2014, 10:08 PM
The kid can ball and he's one of the best bigs in the league. He's a big that actually plays big, that is becoming more and more rare. He actually has post moves, but using them are at the bottom of the clipper's offensive emphasis. If Gasol won DPOY last year, I can easily seen Jordan winning it this year. Ultimately the Clippers are going to have to commit to defense as a whole. BG needs to step up his defensive game..

IndyRealist
04-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Jordan's a statistical beast. Don't watch enough Clippers games to comment more in depth.

All-In
04-14-2014, 11:05 PM
When it comes to NBA defenses bigs are the back line of defense, they need to communicate to the team wheres the ball and whats the action or else your defense scrambles, slow on a rotation and then bam easy buckets…that happens more than I want it to for Jordan…no way he wins DPOY not even close

Clippersfan86
04-14-2014, 11:48 PM
When it comes to NBA defenses bigs are the back line of defense, they need to communicate to the team wheres the ball and whats the action or else your defense scrambles, slow on a rotation and then bam easy buckets…that happens more than I want it to for Jordan…no way he wins DPOY not even close

Can tell you watch :cheers:. DJ definitely allows WAY too many easy dunks and layups due to slow rotation. That being said he's still a big time plus defender over all.

Vinny642
04-15-2014, 12:35 AM
Would rather Anthony Davis

Clippersfan86
05-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Finished round 1 averaging an absurd 12/15/4 on 70 plus percent shooting. Defense was much sharper. Only player in NBA history to put up his numbers playoff time was Ben Wallace in the modern era.

MVP of series 1.

FYL_McVeezy
05-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Finished round 1 averaging an absurd 12/15/4 on 70 plus percent shooting. Defense was much sharper. Only player in NBA history to put up his numbers playoff time was Ben Wallace in the modern era.

MVP of series 1.

That's the DJ y'all need to beat OKC. Very much looking forward to that series...

Vinylman
05-04-2014, 12:15 PM

MVP of series 1.

yes... he competed against some all star 5s putting up those numbers :rolleyes:

probably the dumbest example to hang your hat on...

not surprised though it's deep throat the clippers day

ewing
05-04-2014, 12:23 PM
yes... he competed against some all star 5s putting up those numbers :rolleyes:

probably the dumbest example to hang your hat on...

not surprised though it's deep throat the clippers day

he can only play against the guys put against him. He was a beast in round 1

Vinylman
05-04-2014, 12:28 PM
he can only play against the guys put against him. He was a beast in round 1

again... if the context of his accomplishment is not of concern to you then maybe his per36 numbers not being significantly different than the regular season numbers should be.

10.7/14/2.5 vs 11.9/14.8/3.9

Again... playing against a midget line up his numbers weren't significantly different

ewing
05-04-2014, 12:30 PM
again... if the context of his accomplishment is not of concern to you then maybe his per36 numbers not being significantly different than the regular season numbers should be.

10.7/14/2.5 vs 11.9/14.8/3.9

Again... playing against a midget line up his numbers weren't significantly different

you're right he wasn't a beast

Vinylman
05-04-2014, 12:33 PM
you're right he wasn't a beast

got it... clipper logic at work here

make a case using statistics to say he beasted

poster shows his stats are similar to his regular season stat and adds context...

clipper fans... ignore logic

SOLID!

ewing
05-04-2014, 12:35 PM
got it... clipper logic at work here

make a case using statistics to say he beasted

poster shows his stats are similar to his regular season stat and adds context...

clipper fans... ignore logic

SOLID!

not a clippers fan

Vinylman
05-04-2014, 12:37 PM
not a clippers fan

calling you a clipper fan was giving you the benefit of the doubt...

more context for you

Clippersfan86
05-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Bro no player in NBA history has had 18 rebounds/4 blocks in four games of a series. No matter who it was against, that's nuts. Lee sucks on D but Green/O'Neil are good defenders. But Vinyl has always been a bitter hater, so not surprised with failure to acknowledge it.

Vinylman
05-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Bro no player in NBA history has had 18 rebounds/4 blocks in four games of a series. No matter who it was against, that's nuts. Lee sucks on D but Green/O'Neil are good defenders. But Vinyl has always been a bitter hater, so not surprised with failure to acknowledge it.

again... handpicking stats is the game of the fanboy... again his numbers per 36 are very similar to his regular season numbers and when you add the context that GS had no legit 5 it makes his numbers easily understandable... except for fanboys of course.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Also game 4 after Sterling news broke DJ clearly wasn't himself. Played under 25 minutes, 0 points and 5 rebounds. Doc benched him early for being "mentally out of it". Had he not had that game we may be looking at averages of 14/17/4 or something like that. To be the most dominant player in a series featuring 3 top 10 players is huge.

Vinylman
05-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Also game 4 after Sterling news broke DJ clearly wasn't himself. Played under 25 minutes, 0 points and 5 rebounds. Doc benched him early for being "mentally out of it". Had he not had that game we may be looking at averages of 14/17/4 or something like that. To be the most dominant player in a series featuring 3 top 10 players is huge.

so he is feeble minded ... way to make the case for him

P&GRealist
05-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Wonder what would have happened if Warriors had a healthy Bogut.

BKLYNpigeon
05-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Everyone on the Deandre Bandwagon now after the first round vs Golden State.

David Lee was guarding him the whole time lol.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Wonder what would have happened if Warriors had a healthy Bogut.

I wonder what would of happened if CP3 wasn't injured since game 1 and Sterling ordeal never messed with team.

BKLYNpigeon
05-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Deandre won't have that big of an impact with okc when Perkins and Adams are guarding him.

Method28
05-04-2014, 01:37 PM
I love how people dismiss how great he looked out there because of who was guarding him lol

Let's dismiss anything any 2 guard does because the position is so weak.

Use stats all you want, if you WATCHED the games which I believe you did, there's no denying that he played awesome.

Vinylman
05-04-2014, 01:43 PM
I love how people dismiss how great he looked out there because of who was guarding him lol

Let's dismiss anything any 2 guard does because the position is so weak.

Use stats all you want, if you WATCHED the games which I believe you did, there's no denying that he played awesome.

his numbers aren't that much different than the regular season and the competition was obviously inferior to what he faced over the season...

only a fanboy would ignore the facts

Method28
05-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Do the stats you're looking at show the impact each rebound or block had? What about the timing of the play.

I understand using stats to help confirm what your eyes saw but actually watching the series, to ME it was pretty clear that Jordan was a beast. His late game plays on both defense and offense helped close out the Ws

Clippersfan86
05-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Well since he's the only player to do what he did in NBA history (Besides Wilt and Russell probably if stats were tracked more)... Do you honestly believe none of the other great centers played weaker competition at times? I guess they all went up against elite defenders..

Avenged
05-04-2014, 03:23 PM
not a clippers fan

calling you a clipper fan was giving you the benefit of the doubt...

more context for you

Oh **** lol

Clippersfan86
05-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Vinyl is mad because the biggest event for his team this year is the coming Hornets rebrand. Damn shame. Really though Vinyl, why do you act like a salty ***** regarding the Clippers? In literally every single Clippers thread, you're in there discrediting or bashing them? I get the vibe of a long time Clippers fan who was spurned and got enraged one day, vowing to curse the team forever.

Tysons_Beard
05-04-2014, 03:38 PM
he had a monster series, and im not saying this to downgrade his play, but i really do wonder what it wouldve been like if bogut was healthy

Vinylman
05-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Vinyl is mad because the biggest event for his team this year is the coming Hornets rebrand. Damn shame. Really though Vinyl, why do you act like a salty ***** regarding the Clippers? In literally every single Clippers thread, you're in there discrediting or bashing them? I get the vibe of a long time Clippers fan who was spurned and got enraged one day, vowing to curse the team forever.

dude ... you constantly suck clipper players dick s for no reason... they won the series... they should of... they played a team missing a key contributor who happened to be the 5 ... did Deandre play slightly better than his normal game? sure... was it worth singling out in the NBA forum ... not hardly

keep the dick sucking in the clippers forum where it belongs

Goose17
05-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Deandre won't have that big of an impact with okc when Perkins and Adams are guarding him.

Perkins? Huh? You mean Kendrick Perkins right? Just to be clear? As far as I was aware, he was still the worst center in any starting 5 in the league.

Adams is a hell of a player though, he'll get under Jordans skin.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Lmao I feel that fire. The rage is strong in this one. BTW when a player is the most dominant in a series featuring 3 NBA superstars, despite not even being an all star, its worth talking about. Who's bragging about beating the Warriors here? Not me.

Really though no other posters tears are more entertaining than yours bro. The hatred is beyond obvious. Hilarious thing is it's not limited to my "Clipper dick sicking" threads. I've seen it from you in Clippers threads started by others, I never even commented in.

Anyway Grats to a non all star putting up Bill Russell type numbers in the playoffs after being a complete no show last year.

Chronz
05-04-2014, 05:02 PM
DJ did exactly what hes suppose to do, dominate far inferior athletes. Which is better than he has shown in years past when he crumbled where he should have only struggled. And statistically, you could argue he was the MVP of the series for sure, lets not undersell his statistical improvement. Sick gains in efficiency, this with him taking on a greater minutes load spells breakout performance.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Duplicate.

SugeKnight
05-04-2014, 07:12 PM
He was the mvp of the series. He had the biggest play of the series, with the block on Curry then the lob on the other end. A healthy Bogut would have owned him. Oh well.

goingfor28
05-04-2014, 10:34 PM
dude ... you constantly suck clipper players dick s for no reason... they won the series... they should of... they played a team missing a key contributor who happened to be the 5 ... did Deandre play slightly better than his normal game? sure... was it worth singling out in the NBA forum ... not hardly

keep the dick sucking in the clippers forum where it belongs

Someone's a little salty

Red_Pill
05-05-2014, 12:42 AM
Perkins? Huh? You mean Kendrick Perkins right? Just to be clear? As far as I was aware, he was still the worst center in any starting 5 in the league.

Adams is a hell of a player though, he'll get under Jordans skin.

Perkins had a great series against Memphis. Maybe not stat-wise, but he performed well against Gasol and Zbo who are better players than Deandre.

And Adams will most definitely get under Jordans skin. He's really good at getting people angry and riled up.

Vinylman
05-08-2014, 10:29 AM
DeAndre Jordan... he is who we thought he was.... 7/6.5/ZERO

mRc08
05-08-2014, 10:45 AM
I think Jordan will just get better as he gets older. With bigman we usually see an increase in production up until the point of athletic decline. Noah had his best season at age 29 and has continually gotten better. I don't think we'll ever see jordan become an elite scorer, but he should be able to continue to develope his passing and finishing abilities around the rim.

bgdreton
05-08-2014, 10:49 AM
Lol I like this guy Vinylman... For real tho Jordan had a great series as he should have with Lee/Oneal/Green guarding him the whole series. He did put up some nasty numbers there is nothing denying that. There is also no denying Boguts absence in the series either. Playing Green and Bogut as the 4/5 would have completely changed the series as un biased Clipper fans know. I applaud Jordan for his beastly work in the series but playing against people out of position or 80 years old leaves me to wonder....... Congrads Clips Im rooting for Doc!

Clippersfan86
05-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Vinyl its two bad games after he pretty much won a series as the best player, calm down. Even if all he did was win the Clips one round, he's earned his check. Its up to Blake and CP3 to carry the team now. Although I'm confident DJ will bounce back at home, where he's truly dominant. He's our most energetic player, who feeds off the home crowd big time.

Clippersfan86
05-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Vinyl you also said 13/15/4 in round onone wasn't impressive because its near his averages... But then turn around and say how he's playing this series is
who he is. Which is it? Make up your mind.

Vinylman
05-08-2014, 05:10 PM
PSD's arbitrary enforcement of rules in full effect...

not surprised...

Vinylman
05-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Vinyl you also said 13/15/4 in round onone wasn't impressive because its near his averages... But then turn around and say how he's playing this series is
who he is. Which is it? Make up your mind.

please use the quote function if you want to reference my prior posts...

your characterization above is inaccurate and misleading...

TrueFan420
05-08-2014, 07:08 PM

MVP of series 1.

I mean yea but to be fair bogut wasn't playing so we went small. He wouldn't have had the same numbers with bogut there they'd be worse. And probably won't have the same numbers the rest of the way as both the thunder and spurs have big men. Tho Perkins blows hard now.

jerellh528
05-09-2014, 05:03 AM
Ehh, he can still improve