PDA

View Full Version : DWade taking games off?

bathroom_man
04-14-2014, 11:44 AM
whats up with that. has any player ever done this kind of disrespectful act?

Discuss

ManRam
04-14-2014, 11:56 AM
So disrespectful!

mRc08
04-14-2014, 12:02 PM
I don't know if I would consider it disrespectful. Its the most logical play heading into the post season for Miami. It just raises the question to me: How much does Wade have in the tank? Is this something that we are going to come to expect the next few seasons? Will he ever regain top form? Will it play into Lebrons future with the team? Those are serious questions related to Wades health and effectiveness on the floor.

72 Wins
04-14-2014, 12:08 PM
So disrespectful!

lmao

bathroom_man
04-14-2014, 01:09 PM
He just a little chicken scare of getting injured. And letting lebron puttin all the work. Yeah u get paid for not working. Might as well play game 7 ECF. The guy not even 33 yrs old.

FlashBolt
04-14-2014, 01:10 PM
If Wade is healthy and can put in 10-15 great games, Miami will win. Regular season means nothing at this point for them. Sure, home court advantage is important but if Wade is limping and not himself because of fatigue, it's not going to help either.

MonroeFAN
04-14-2014, 01:16 PM
I mean, Wade is a little *****.

But I don't blame him or the organization for allowing him to take time off, knowing that he has never been able to stay healthy before.

Vinny642
04-14-2014, 01:17 PM
I never really expected much from Wade...

P&GRealist
04-14-2014, 01:21 PM
It is disrespectful to the game, and it's not just games, he's missed basically half the season.

bathroom_man
04-14-2014, 01:23 PM
Might as well retired if u cant stay healthy. Stop piggy back riding. If wade play just limited minutes in half the games he miss, the heat would already lock up home court long time ago. Bet HC gonna come back to bite them

P&GRealist
04-14-2014, 01:24 PM
This kinda shows the dude is really overrated. I think it's these times we appreciate the crap that Kobe used to play thru throughout his career, broken fingers, mest up knees and ankles, separated shoulders, coming back asap from a broken hand 1 season where he would still practice with his left hand. The times Heat fans tried rankings Wade ahead of Kobe as the 2nd greatest SG ever is now basically laughable.

But you know, Wade can afford to sit out half the season when he has the reigning league/finals mvp and best player in the world carrying the load. Kobe had to and would willingly play those games injured and hurt without having someone like a LeBron taking over his shift.

bathroom_man
04-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Wade should take a look in kobe's book. No passion for basketball. Only passion whens the finals comes around.

MonroeFAN
04-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Oh lovely, a Kobe reference.

dalton749
04-14-2014, 01:27 PM
he better not win any all nba honors or ill be pissed

P&GRealist
04-14-2014, 01:28 PM
NOt to mention that Wade has stayed pudgy the last couple of yrs and refused to work on that horrid jumpshot. It's like from yrs 2 & 3 (when his midrange game was the best), it's declined rapidly from then. Of course he's one of the best paint scorers in the game if you look at his FG%, but it's risky and higher chance of getting hurt down there. Plus the excessive histrionics after contact and flopping doesn't help his case as he puts his body into further jeopardy.

Great player, but lousy approach to the game compared to the all time greats. and now he's always injured and comfortable with levying that shoulder onto his teammates.

I really wonder why LeBron would even want to stay beyond this yr title or no title.

P&GRealist
04-14-2014, 01:28 PM
Oh lovely, a Kobe reference.

Wade is a SG. Kobe is a SG. Wade has been said to be the 2nd best SG of all time by some people here.

This is the perfect opportunity to rehash that old argument, no?

P&GRealist
04-14-2014, 01:30 PM
he better not win any all nba honors or ill be pissed

They will probably still give him 3rd although yes, he doesn't deserve it at all.

MonroeFAN
04-14-2014, 01:31 PM
I'm not gonna hate on it, no. I don't think very highly of Wade.

P&GRealist
04-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Wade should take a look in kobe's book. No passion for basketball. Only passion whens the finals comes around.

If Wade picked up that book, it'd be in a totally different language for him. He wouldn't be able to comprehend it.

These 2 guys are made from 2 entirely different things.

Chronz
04-14-2014, 01:39 PM
Hes old with tons of stress on those knees. Despite ignorant opinion, the man isn't in his prime anymore.

MonroeFAN
04-14-2014, 01:41 PM
When was Wade's prime? Those 2 seasons in which he was healthy?

ghettosean
04-14-2014, 01:43 PM
So disrespectful!

Funny but the thing is when the spurs did it last year against the heat it's soooooooooooo disrespectful and with wade it's not... Not sure what to say about it to be honest except that it seems to be ok one way and not the other.

BALLER R
04-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Doesn't that mess up Miami's offence sometimes?

BALLER R
04-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Wade is a SG. Kobe is a SG. Wade has been said to be the 2nd best SG of all time by some people here.

This is the perfect opportunity to rehash that old argument, no?

all of time?

P&GRealist
04-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Hes old with tons of stress on those knees. Despite ignorant opinion, the man isn't in his prime anymore.

So lose weight pudgy!

And being or not being in your prime has NOTHING to do with anything.

Duncan is towards the tail-end of his career but he plays the majority of games despite having a head coach who is so anal in DNP olds and managing minutes.

Stop with the excuses.

Chronz
04-14-2014, 01:56 PM
When was Wade's prime? Those 2 seasons in which he was healthy?

Wade's prime began at some point in between year 2 or 3 at age 23/24 and lasted until year 1 of the Big-3 era at age 29, you could argue his prime extended into the last 2 years, its just been very sporadic due to severe injury. Frankly, hes had alot of trouble staying healthy at every juncture of his prime/peak but when healthy, he still showed up alot more than he has the last 2 consecutive years, that enough for me to distinguish from them.

Still putting up quality years, and if you define ones prime by All-Star caliber play, then you could very well argue Wade is still in it, I chose to define it by their own star standards.

P&GRealist
04-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Wade's prime began at some point in between year 2 or 3 at age 23/24 and lasted until year 1 of the Big-3 era at age 29, you could argue his prime extended into the last 2 years, its just been very sporadic due to severe injury. Frankly, hes had alot of trouble staying healthy at every juncture of his prime/peak but when healthy, he still showed up alot more than he has the last 2 consecutive years, that enough for me to distinguish from them.

Still putting up quality years, and if you define ones prime by All-Star caliber play, then you could very well argue Wade is still in it, I chose to define it by their own star standards.

He never truly adjusted his game, still in love with reckless in the paint ball. This is why he gets injured.

Losing some weight and working on that jump shot release could have down wonders.

To me, he's no higher than a top 25 player all time. Current players like Dirk, LeBron, Duncan and Kobe are all well ahead of him in all time rankings.

Slug3
04-14-2014, 02:04 PM
So lose weight pudgy!

Duncan is towards the tail-end of his career but he plays the majority of games despite having a head coach who is so anal in DNP olds and managing minutes.

Stop with the excuses.

Lose weight? He is not fat and you are making idiotic statements. He is literally missing a meniscus in his knee. That is why he at this end of his career is having knee problems.

Chronz
04-14-2014, 02:07 PM
So lose weight pudgy!
To his credit he has, but lets not make Wade's work ethic out to be horrible, he wasn't fat under there. Dude has been shredded over the years.

Sure it does.

You dont seem to get how that works. Its because hes had a coach who has massaged his minutes throughout his career that hes been able to extend his prime, that and the fact that size/fundamentals don't diminish as much as quickness/hops as you age. The Heat have only recently done that for Wade, and it very well may prolong his career as well. Moral of the story, not everyone's prime degrades the same way. What other players have done would not change what has happened with Wade.

Stop with the excuses.
I see no point in willful ignorance. It really sounds like you dont understand what it is Im saying. You can conjure up whatever reasons you feel hes no longer able to play as much, but the point would still remain, hes no longer in his prime due to a plethora of reasons.

bathroom_man
04-14-2014, 02:17 PM
If he played it would mess up his career best field goal %. I used to like Wade when he was the lone star and carried the team. Now he's just lazy and call in sick and let other do his work.

Chronz
04-14-2014, 02:21 PM
He never truly adjusted his game, still in love with reckless in the paint ball. This is why he gets injured.
I dont know how you define "truly adjusted" but I've seen adjustments, tho him not refining his jumper is something of a sin, we agree on that. Still, its his career to determine, hes done pretty good I'd say.

Losing some weight and working on that jump shot release could have down wonders.
But there are trade offs regardless, the path Wade has take was his to choose. Some players have different priorities when it comes to their games/bodies, Wade wanted to be strong enough to finish and put in the work to overcome a serious knee injury in his youth. If he were to lose the weight and rely more on the less efficient jumper, he would be a radically different player.

Since Kobe is the guy you know most, lets use his career decision over the years. Remember in 03 when Kobe came into the season at a robust 220-225 lbs. He had the best season of his career to that point, career highs all across the board, particularly on the boards. All this at the tender age of 24. But he wore down that season, injuries mounted and the dropoff in the playoffs was substantial, dude simply couldn't hold up under that much weight. Kobe made the decision to prolong his career, but you gotta imagine the kind of career curve he would have had, if he had the genetic makeup/desire to play at 220+ like Wade had.

To me, he's no higher than a top 25 player all time. Current players like Dirk, LeBron, Duncan and Kobe are all well ahead of him in all time rankings.

Whatever your criteria (accolades, production, peak vs prime), I doubt you could name 25 players with a better resume.

bathroom_man
04-14-2014, 02:27 PM
You dont seem to get how that works. Its because hes had a coach who has massaged his minutes throughout his career that hes been able to extend his prime, that and the fact that size/fundamentals don't diminish as much as quickness/hops as you age. The Heat have only recently done that for Wade, and it very well may prolong his career as well. Moral of the story, not everyone's prime degrades the same way. What other players have done would not change what has happened with Wade.

perhaps limit his minutes or play a lesser role. i bet hes probably afraid his stats would fall off the cliff. no wonder he has a career high in FG % knows when to pick his poison. what a smart guy

P&GRealist
04-14-2014, 02:32 PM
I dont know how you define "truly adjusted" but I've seen adjustments, tho him not refining his jumper is something of a sin, we agree on that. Still, its his career to determine, hes done pretty good I'd say.

But there are trade offs regardless, the path Wade has take was his to choose. Some players have different priorities when it comes to their games/bodies, Wade wanted to be strong enough to finish and put in the work to overcome a serious knee injury in his youth. If he were to lose the weight and rely more on the less efficient jumper, he would be a radically different player.

Since Kobe is the guy you know most, lets use his career decision over the years. Remember in 03 when Kobe came into the season at a robust 220-225 lbs. He had the best season of his career to that point, career highs all across the board, particularly on the boards. All this at the tender age of 24. But he wore down that season, injuries mounted and the dropoff in the playoffs was substantial, dude simply couldn't hold up under that much weight. Kobe made the decision to prolong his career, but you gotta imagine the kind of career curve he would have had, if he had the genetic makeup/desire to play at 220+ like Wade had.

Whatever your criteria (accolades, production, peak vs prime), I doubt you could name 25 players with a better resume.

In 2003, he didn't really wear down. It was that shoulder injury he sustained in a dunk attempt against Rasho Nesterovic in the first round of that Lakers-Timberwolves series. His shooting % went down after that, and then he ran into defensive buzzsaw Edward Scissorhands Brucen Bowen the following series and shot horribly while TP came into his own and abused the Lakers in the paint with little or no resistance while Duncan nullified out of shape big toe surgery Shaq.

beasted86
04-14-2014, 02:35 PM
19 PPG on 55% FG, 5 REB, 5 AST. Good defense, team player, good leadership.
I'll take that over a weaker player instead playing more games per season.

Funny how this is a non-issue with how the Spurs use their players while heading to the Finals, but because the HEAT employ a similar strategy they don't know what they are doing / Wade is DISRESPECTFUL!!!!!!!!

P&GRealist
04-14-2014, 02:38 PM

That's not the point. He levies the physical burden on his teammates, especially LeBron. This is the most worn down he's been entering the postseason, not to mention he's been to 3 straight finals prior to this. The man deserves a break. This is when Wade along with Bosh are supposed to be letting LEBRON REST. But LeBron is the consummate professional, so he'll do his thing.

bathroom_man
04-14-2014, 02:42 PM

stat whore. if he played more, his stat would go down. and playing against a bunch of weenies in the Eastern Conference. like i said, hes smart but i dont like his approach to the game of basketball. we fans want to see him play and hes being paid for it.

beasted86
04-14-2014, 02:58 PM
That's not the point. He levies the physical burden on his teammates, especially LeBron. This is the most worn down he's been entering the postseason, not to mention he's been to 3 straight finals prior to this. The man deserves a break. This is when Wade along with Bosh are supposed to be letting LEBRON REST. But LeBron is the consummate professional, so he'll do his thing.

So its professional to play injured and hurt your team if there are better options? Also, why do you think you know more than Wade, the coach, the doctors, and his teammates do? All outside media and interviews suggest Wade is putting in the proper work and training to get himself in shape and perform at a peak level when he does play. If he was coming into camp out of shape and getting injuries then we'd be having a completely different conversation. If he was a locker room distraction, then this would be another indication he isn't a professional. But none of these things are coming out, so basically this is just your opinion based on nothing. LeBron is having a career high in efficiency and playing at an overall level that matches any of his previous years. But I'm glad you have the insider information nobody else does and you know that LeBron is worn out.

stat whore. if he played more, his stat would go down. and playing against a bunch of weenies in the Eastern Conference. like i said, hes smart but i dont like his approach to the game of basketball. we fans want to see him play and hes being paid for it.

His stats would go down based on what logic? And which stats exactly? It surely can't be his career resume as this is his 2nd worst player efficiency since his rookie season, and 2nd lowest minutes played. Also if you take a look at his splits he's a night and day better player when playing MORE minutes. He's also a better player with 1 day rest than he is with 3+ days rest.

So sounds like your pulling that out of thin air. You're post is based only on your opinion of what you think than any facts or reality.

archdevil84
04-14-2014, 03:01 PM

every heat game i see that wade doesnt play in i lose more interest in the NBA. i want to see him play!!

bathroom_man
04-14-2014, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE=beasted86;
His stats would go down based on what logic? And which stats exactly? It surely can't be his career resume as this is his 2nd worst player efficiency since his rookie season, and 2nd lowest minutes played. Also if you take a look at his splits he's a night and day better player when playing MORE minutes. He's also a better player with 1 day rest than he is with 3+ days rest.

So sounds like your pulling that out of thin air. You're post is based only on your opinion of what you think than any facts or reality.[/QUOTE]

not talking about effiency here. im talking about his pts. assists, rebs, fg %. it will all take dips whether he plays 1 day rest 3 day rest. plus thats just a small ample size to compliment how he plays better on a 1 day rather a 3 day rest... his fg is career best also that will go down if he plays more

bathroom_man
04-14-2014, 03:24 PM
every heat game i see that wade doesnt play in i lose more interest in the NBA. i want to see him play!!

ok i see u only igain nterest when the Heat & lebron are holding up the golden trophy in june. what a loyal and great Heat you are

Tony_Starks
04-14-2014, 03:28 PM
How disrespectful for him to not play more on a bone on bone degenerative knee condition that will probably require a total knee replacement when he gets older.

This man should be ashamed of himself!

beasted86
04-14-2014, 03:29 PM
not talking about effiency here. im talking about his pts. assists, rebs, fg %. it will all take dips whether he plays 1 day rest 3 day rest. plus thats just a small ample size to compliment how he plays better on a 1 day rather a 3 day rest... his fg is career best also that will go down if he plays more

Again, what facts or sample is this based on? Or do you agree that its simply your opinion based on nothing else?

bathroom_man
04-14-2014, 03:31 PM
How disrespectful for him to not play more on a bone on bone degenerative knee condition that will probably require a total knee replacement when he gets older.

retired. stop free loading

bathroom_man
04-14-2014, 03:33 PM
Again, what facts or sample is this based on? Or do you agree that its simply your opinion based on nothing else?

probably based on most people's opinion. due to the fact: hes past his prime, bad knees, lebron hogging the ball..

Tony_Starks
04-14-2014, 03:36 PM
It's amazing how many people that claim to know basketball don't know he had his meniscus cut in college to get on the court faster and altered his knee forever in the long run.

For comparison D Rose had his reattached and missed the season to avoid the long term affects that Wade has.

bathroom_man
04-14-2014, 03:44 PM
It's amazing how many people that claim to know basketball don't know he had his meniscus cut in college to get on the court faster and altered his knee forever in the long run.

For comparison D Rose had his reattached and missed the season to avoid the long term affects that Wade has.

so what, he chose to play basketball and the money. why not just sit out the playoffs if hes afraid of the long term affect. better yet sit out the Finals
how about limit his minutes, play a lesser role instead of DNP. if this was Kobe, i'll be mad as hell

Max.This
04-14-2014, 03:48 PM
it sucks cause maybe some people go to the games to get a glimpse of him playing in person.

beasted86
04-14-2014, 03:50 PM
due to the fact: hes past his prime, bad knees, lebron hogging the ball..
You can't say in one sentence he has bad knees, and in the previous sentence that he's lazy and taking games off. Seems like you are either trolling or simply posting to increase your post count. Either way you've take up enough of my time. Peace.

Slug3
04-14-2014, 03:51 PM
so what, he chose to play basketball and the money. why not just sit out the playoffs if hes afraid of the long term affect. better yet sit out the Finals
how about limit his minutes, play a lesser role instead of DNP. if this was Kobe, i'll be mad as hell

Because they want him to be in good form for the playoffs.

Fnom11
04-14-2014, 03:54 PM
I was going to say I've never read so many ******** troll statements before but we all know that'd be a lie on this site....

ManRam
04-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Funny but the thing is when the spurs did it last year against the heat it's soooooooooooo disrespectful and with wade it's not... Not sure what to say about it to be honest except that it seems to be ok one way and not the other.

1. I didn't say it was disrespectful. It was an overreaction from Stern though, for sure.
2. At least the Heat are saying he has an injury...you can't punish a team for not a playing a player who's listed as being injured.
3. The Pacers rested their entire starters purely for "rest" without a blink of the eye from the league.

I don't see why people care. The Heat have NOTHING to gain in the regular season. All that matters is the playoffs, and quite frankly, Wade hasn't been close to his normal self the last 2 playoff runs, despite having GREAT regular seasons. It's called priorities.

Everyone and their mom's have been saying "Wade's just gotta stay healthy for the playoffs". So, they're making sure to do that, and now it's bothering people? The dude has CHRONIC knee issues. CHRONIC. He can rest if he so pleases.

Tim Grover (the most respected trainer in the game?) had this to say about critics of what Wade's doing.

""It really doesn't matter to me, because the whole way the program is set up is for him to excel in the playoffs."

And fin.

P&GRealist
04-14-2014, 03:59 PM

Exactly, he should retire then and not half-*** everything.

Tony_Starks
04-14-2014, 04:13 PM
You can't say in one sentence he has bad knees, and in the previous sentence that he's lazy and taking games off. Seems like you are either trolling or simply posting to increase your post count. Either way you've take up enough of my time. Peace.

He's trolling dude. I'm not even a Wade fan and I can see it would've been stupid to go all out this season against a pathetic conference and then limp through another playoffs.

It's obvious the plan for the season was rest as much as possible and be 100% for the playoffs.

The Spurs have been doing this for years BTW with not 1 but 3 players....

ghettosean
04-14-2014, 04:23 PM
1. I didn't say it was disrespectful. It was an overreaction from Stern though, for sure.
2. At least the Heat are saying he has an injury...you can't punish a team for not a playing a player who's listed as being injured.
3. The Pacers rested their entire starters purely for "rest" without a blink of the eye from the league.

I don't see why people care. The Heat have NOTHING to gain in the regular season. All that matters is the playoffs, and quite frankly, Wade hasn't been close to his normal self the last 2 playoff runs, despite having GREAT regular seasons. It's called priorities.

Everyone and their mom's have been saying "Wade's just gotta stay healthy for the playoffs". So, they're making sure to do that, and now it's bothering people? The dude has CHRONIC knee issues. CHRONIC. He can rest if he so pleases.

Tim Grover (the most respected trainer in the game?) had this to say about critics of what Wade's doing.

""It really doesn't matter to me, because the whole way the program is set up is for him to excel in the playoffs."

And fin.

I did not mean to insinuate that you think it's disrespectful as to what the spurs did last year but what I'm trying to say is that Wade is not injured at all... They are resting him for the playoffs and in comparison Pop did the same thing he's just not being a puss about it he's saying DIRECTLY our schedule is crap and it's setup for failure with all these back to back games so I'm just not going to play my stars and let them rest. Pop says this directly to the media at times and Wade just hides behind the excuse of injury... Stern said it was disrespectful to the fans when Duncan, Ginobli and Parker didn't play against Miami last year and that's the double standard here... I know there is a new commissioner and all but if you want to rest a guy you should just rest him like in hockey they rest guys, soccer they rest guys, football they rest guys in the NBA it has to be an injury to hide behind for most of the season :facepalm:

Just venting dude but it drives me nuts how much of a girls game basketball has become with all the flailing, flopping, whining/complaining and hiding behind excuses.... It's your turn Silver make this a mans game again.

FlashBolt
04-14-2014, 04:28 PM
The reason Stern fined Spurs was because it was a nationally televised game. If you knew anything from a business perspective, it cost money to host these games in channels such as ABC, TNT, or even ESPN. When people find out a certain superstar(s) is sitting out, they don't tune in. When they don't tune in, ABC/TNT/ESPN loses money. When they lose money, NBA loses their contract. It's just how things work. Of course, there is nothing that stops Pop from doing it but I just don't agree with coaches sitting players out unless they have a legitimate reason. It's like you're cutting the fans short.

NetsPaint
04-14-2014, 04:29 PM
I haven't watched much Heat games at all this season. How did he look when he did play?

In Chris Paul's last year or two on the Hornets when PLAYING he seemed to not show any passion. He passed up on wide-open shots when it was the best play available. He said he saved himself for the Playoffs, which is fine, but half-heartily playing instead of trying to gain more chemistry isn't good.

Unless Wade did that, then Wade made the right decision. Fans pay good money to see Wade play, but they also want to see him win a championship. Do these people even know what they're bodies are going through? Do you want him to use smoke and mirrors and just perform as a novelty for the rest of the regular season? Like professional wrestling, even just performing for entertainment can get you injured.

bathroom_man
04-14-2014, 04:37 PM
He's trolling dude. I'm not even a Wade fan and I can see it would've been stupid to go all out this season against a pathetic conference and then limp through another playoffs.

It's obvious the plan for the season was rest as much as possible and be 100% for the playoffs.

The Spurs have been doing this for years BTW with not 1 but 3 players....

Pop limits their minutes and they dont sit out consecutive games. it used to be sit out the remainding 3/4 games. its all Pops fault..and the miami heat are making dwayne wade look like a handicap person

ManRam
04-14-2014, 04:39 PM
I did not mean to insinuate that you think it's disrespectful as to what the spurs did last year but what I'm trying to say is that Wade is not injured at all... They are resting him for the playoffs and in comparison Pop did the same thing he's just not being a puss about it he's saying DIRECTLY our schedule is crap and it's setup for failure with all these back to back games so I'm just not going to play my stars and let them rest. Pop says this directly to the media at times and Wade just hides behind the excuse of injury... Stern said it was disrespectful to the fans when Duncan, Ginobli and Parker didn't play against Miami last year and that's the double standard here... I know there is a new commissioner and all but if you want to rest a guy you should just rest him like in hockey they rest guys, soccer they rest guys, football they rest guys in the NBA it has to be an injury to hide behind for most of the season :facepalm:

Just venting dude but it drives me nuts how much of a girls game basketball has become with all the flailing, flopping, whining/complaining and hiding behind excuses.... It's your turn Silver make this a mans game again.

I think this issue of Wade resting and the game itself being a "girls game" aren't the same. The dude has chronic knee injuries and hasn't been his normal self the last two post seasons. He's been legit banged up all year. I don't think it has anything to do with "softness" or "whining" or "flopping" or any of that. Wade's resting so he can be healthy, and this is neither a new phenomena nor an uncommon one. Unrelated issues.

Chronz
04-14-2014, 04:57 PM
I think this issue of Wade resting and the game itself being a "girls game" aren't the same. The dude has chronic knee injuries and hasn't been his normal self the last two post seasons. He's been legit banged up all year. I don't think it has anything to do with "softness" or "whining" or "flopping" or any of that. Wade's resting so he can be healthy, and this is neither a new phenomena nor an uncommon one. Unrelated issues.
It has to do with intelligence and our understanding of physiology. Rest matters and teams are catching on. I'd your don't gauge your players, you're at a competitive disadvantage.

I've always wondered though, just which eras are considered manly and which aren't.

ghettosean
04-14-2014, 04:58 PM

You are using the term resting... the heat and Wade says injured who is right you or them. Soft to me is making excuses and lies... if hes resting do what Pop does and say were resting our guys or the classic there too old... don't say they are injured if he can play... THAT'S SOFT!

Tony_Starks
04-14-2014, 05:13 PM
You are using the term resting... the heat and Wade says injured who is right you or them. Soft to me is making excuses and lies... if hes resting do what Pop does and say were resting our guys or the classic there too old... don't say they are injured if he can play... THAT'S SOFT!

Technically it's both. The only way to treat a chronic joint problem is rest. So while he doesn't have a "injury" like a sprained ankle he's just as limited and playing 82 games would've just made things worse.

The fact that when he plays he's shooting a career high fg% let's you know he's still very effective when he plays so why wouldn't you want him in the best shape possible come playoff time.

They're just being smart, at the end of the day it's all about championships and its nothing new.....

archdevil84
04-14-2014, 05:27 PM
ok i see u only igain nterest when the Heat & lebron are holding up the golden trophy in june. what a loyal and great Heat you are

thanks, if miami doesnt win i hope the trail blazers win it, and after i want the raptors to win it, and after the raptors i would prefer the clipper, then bobcats, then wizards, memphis, golden state, dallas, atlanta, if none of those win i would be pissed!

3RDASYSTEM
04-14-2014, 05:29 PM

so a player can enter his prime in his 2nd or 3rd yr in the league but not be primed rookie yr or preNBA? WOW

The more you sports nerds speak the more I realize the piggy back riding

WADE was in his prime in that final four ncaa form also rookie yr all the way up to like 09-10'', had a good stretch but was clearly damaged good when he played like 15games that yr prior to regaining that form but so briefly like the nickname SHAQ dubbed him, it was all a 'FLASH', now its gone for good now since he has had another surgery done since then, double damaged goods and his age/mileage makes it worse, especially past 3yrs....now he can barely play 50 games and its not going to change

MonroeFAN
04-14-2014, 05:30 PM

I mean, retire then. He is an injury plagued player at this point, what other injury plagued players do we hear about this often?

All of the NBA side stories, and headlines about him being this hero for overcoming injuries in the past few seasons have soured a lot of people on him.

NetsPaint
04-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Hopefully he hasn't been taking steroids or anything.

Does Wade drink tea?

3RDASYSTEM
04-14-2014, 05:40 PM

people on here have no clue on how a lot of nba/nfl players have trouble walking when the bright lights go off and call it a career, now imagine if you are paying a guy you want him to go out there at best ability, now at half percent in the reg season when they can get him ready for unreal 4peat title run

WADE is damaged goods(been since 15game played season) so resting up is the only thing, IVERSON played bone on bone from 04-05 until blackballed so I can only imagine how tough it is on WADE since he doesn't have near the skill shot of B'CHUCK, when injuries amount and take away explosive/speed/ability to attack, then that skill shot is so vital right now, and at any stage for that matter

Tony_Starks
04-14-2014, 06:09 PM
people on here have no clue on how a lot of nba/nfl players have trouble walking when the bright lights go off and call it a career, now imagine if you are paying a guy you want him to go out there at best ability, now at half percent in the reg season when they can get him ready for unreal 4peat title run

WADE is damaged goods(been since 15game played season) so resting up is the only thing, IVERSON played bone on bone from 04-05 until blackballed so I can only imagine how tough it is on WADE since he doesn't have near the skill shot of B'CHUCK, when injuries amount and take away explosive/speed/ability to attack, then that skill shot is so vital right now, and at any stage for that matter

Exactly. Then the "so just retire then" thing is even more amusing. Why would you retire when you can rest and play a key part in another championship.

Fans of teams that don't win multiple chips don't get it. I'm a Laker fan and I can tell you that when we were repeating I routinely watched Shaq take stretches off because at that point everyone new that the regular season didn't matter, it was all about the playoffs.

J_M_B
04-14-2014, 06:22 PM

At what point did Wade only play 15 games? Dude's career low is 51 for a full season

archdevil84
04-14-2014, 06:41 PM
tonight he'll play without lebron and bosh. Good chance for him to prove how healthy he is right now

FlashBolt
04-14-2014, 06:43 PM
I wonder what everyone will say when Wade does come up huge for Miami. Are you guys still going to say trade? If he does fail, yes, surely Miami will have to reconsider their plans. He's definitely staying in Miami and he's definitely not retiring. That just begs the question on whether or not James can hang around with an ailing Wade for 40% of the season. The only thing Miami needs to do IMO, grab a young superstar who can score and light it up. Bosh needs to go. I know he played a huge part for them but he's simply not worth the money. He's a 9-12 million type player - not 18-20 million. Maybe they can work out a deal for Omer Asik and try to snag Melo while convincing everyone else to take another sacrifice. It will work out financially but it's going to depend on Bosh. He's a bit sensitive and I don't think he'll want to leave Miami. With Melo/James/Asik, Wade wouldn't have to worry about playing in the regular season at all. The only reason there's emphasis on Wade not being able to play is because Miami is losing and that's all Bosh's fault for not performing well.

Supreme LA
04-14-2014, 06:53 PM
I can't really speak on whether the guy should retire or not because he obviously is getting paid still. He is the definition of riding coattails to a title by allowing Lebron to carry the entire team this season. I don't have much respect for Wade at this point.

Another ring for him in this way does nothing to add into his legacy IMO. I feel bad for the guy because I'm sure he wishes he could stay healthy, but I have to hold him to the same standard as the other old vets in our league who try to battle through the long NBA season such as Duncan, Pierce, KG, and Kobe.

FlashBolt
04-14-2014, 07:00 PM
I can't really speak on whether the guy should retire or not because he obviously is getting paid still. He is the definition of riding coattails to a title by allowing Lebron to carry the entire team this season. I don't have much respect for Wade at this point.

Another ring for him in this way does nothing to add into his legacy IMO. I feel bad for the guy because I'm sure he wishes he could stay healthy, but I have to hold him to the same standard as the other old vets in our league who try to battle through the long NBA season such as Duncan, Pierce, KG, and Kobe.

Woah, this isn't fair for Wade either. He could be playing but the fact that he's received advice on not playing so he can rest up is what makes it okay. It's not like he's healthy and refusing to play. He's been publicly stating that he can play but it's part of the process for them to ultimately win in the playoffs. Like it or not, this is probably the best decision for Wade and Miami. They can grab the first seed but one less home game is not as important as having a healthy Wade. The only issue I will have with Wade is if he demands big money while knowing this is all going to happen next year too. If he understands that he'll have to sit for 33% of the season, he should subtract that from his salary and be willing to take 12-14 million. If not, it's going to be a huge blow for Miami as they might not be able to get some solid pieces for the next season. Ultimately, James will leave if this continues.

bathroom_man
04-14-2014, 07:05 PM

Well said. Piggy back riding

ghettosean
04-14-2014, 09:22 PM

Technically it's both. The only way to treat a chronic joint problem is rest. So while he doesn't have a "injury" like a sprained ankle he's just as limited and playing 82 games would've just made things worse.

The fact that when he plays he's shooting a career high fg% let's you know he's still very effective when he plays so why wouldn't you want him in the best shape possible come playoff time.

They're just being smart, at the end of the day it's all about championships and its nothing new.....

You can rest an injured player sure but he's not injured... Say it's a preventative measure but the heat and Wade are claiming HE IS INJURED... I know what you are saying is correct it's what the team and Wade are saying that is complete bull**** say we are just resting him for the playoffs but saying he's both injured and resting is false unless we are going to say he's such a great man because he's playing in the playoffs hurt.

It's just the deceit that bugs me like i said in an earlier post, hockey they will REST players before the playoffs same with other sports basketball and more so the NBA is the only puss league where you have to fabricate bull**** and fake injury to make a smart move for your team and protect your image... it's pretty sad.

Hawkeye15
04-14-2014, 09:27 PM

Wade, and his 15 ppg and PER of 18 rode LeBron to a title last year already. If they win this year, he needs to contribute a bit more imo.

Fnom11
04-14-2014, 10:04 PM
I'm pretty sure this entire thread is like 1 guy trolling on 4 different accounts. There can't be this many trolls on this site...

All-In
04-14-2014, 10:35 PM
The post season is a grind…if you expect to make it to the finals anticipate your starters to log anywhere from 700min to 1000min…that’s a lot…that’s another quarter of the season or more because the intensity increases….Wade last year played 2391min reg season and 782 post season…this season he’s played 1752min which is a difference of 639min…He’s almost rested a whole postseason worth of min….There should be no excuse this year

Tony_Starks
04-15-2014, 11:36 AM
You can rest an injured player sure but he's not injured... Say it's a preventative measure but the heat and Wade are claiming HE IS INJURED... I know what you are saying is correct it's what the team and Wade are saying that is complete bull**** say we are just resting him for the playoffs but saying he's both injured and resting is false unless we are going to say he's such a great man because he's playing in the playoffs hurt.

It's just the deceit that bugs me like i said in an earlier post, hockey they will REST players before the playoffs same with other sports basketball and more so the NBA is the only puss league where you have to fabricate bull**** and fake injury to make a smart move for your team and protect your image... it's pretty sad.

I get what your saying. You seem to have a big problem with the way he's perceived. All I can say is like it or not he is playing through something your typical player would've just retired with, and still doing a pretty damn good job at it.

He also seems to be pretty well respected league wide on and off the court so his "image" as you put it isn't really going anywhere......outside of psd of course.

JC_
04-15-2014, 11:47 AM
I'm pretty sure this entire thread is like 1 guy trolling on 4 different accounts. There can't be this many trolls on this site...

This site is full of trolls.

NYKnickFanatic
04-15-2014, 12:02 PM
Well, he has the luxury of doing that, when you have the best player in the world, LeBron, carrying you to the playoffs.

Chronz
04-15-2014, 04:22 PM
so a player can enter his prime in his 2nd or 3rd yr in the league but not be primed rookie yr or preNBA? WOW
Yes, it has been this way since the dawn of the NBA.

The more you sports nerds speak the more I realize the piggy back riding
Trust me, the book on you is well known by now as well.

WADE was in his prime in that final four ncaa form also rookie yr all the way up to like 09-10'', had a good stretch but was clearly damaged good when he played like 15games that yr prior to regaining that form but so briefly like the nickname SHAQ dubbed him, it was all a 'FLASH', now its gone for good now since he has had another surgery done since then, double damaged goods and his age/mileage makes it worse, especially past 3yrs....now he can barely play 50 games and its not going to change
Nah, Wade was far from his prime in those early days, his jumper, post game and understanding of NBA defenses increased tenfold from where he started. I think what confuses you is that you see a player play great as a youngster and think thats the normal level of a players ability, but what you have to do is look at the entire picture to gauge the consistency of it. See how he reacts to slumps and defensive adjustments throughout the season.

BTW, any idea why Wade stopped shooting his off the board mid range jumper?

Chronz
04-15-2014, 04:30 PM

Not everyone is under the same circumstance, and those guys all got to rest in their careers, even Kobe went through a season where he didn't practice at all because of his condition at the time. **** happens, you do what you can to contribute to the cause. Legacy talk is dependent on performance, both regular season and playoffs, but mostly playoffs IMO. Thats where I judge Wade at this stage of his career.

bathroom_man
04-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Not everyone is under the same circumstance, and those guys all got to rest in their careers, even Kobe went through a season where he didn't practice at all because of his condition at the time. **** happens, you do what you can to contribute to the cause. Legacy talk is dependent on performance, both regular season and playoffs, but mostly playoffs IMO. Thats where I judge Wade at this stage of his career.

I cant remember any of these guys playing 1 game, dont play next game, etc like Wade has. Sure these guys had rest but not the kind of rest as wade. Thats the difference

Crackadalic
04-15-2014, 05:59 PM
His decline of athleticism and style of play forces him to take games off.

Not sure he last another 3 years

He will turn it up come playoff time

Supreme LA
04-15-2014, 07:18 PM

Not practicing and playing half a season are two totally different things. Legacy isn't just dependent on playoff performances. Everything is taken into account by sorts of people when judging a players legacy. The fact that he takes off half the season actually helps him remain fresh for the playoffs and should be counted against him.

Players like KG, Pierce, Kobe, and Duncan never had that luxury. It's funny you say you only judge legacy by playoff performances because it's you and Hawkeye who give Kobe credit for his legacy for the fact that he had been able to sustain his play through 18 seasons. I don't see how that can't be knock on Wade. The hardest thing about 3-peating is the fact that players have to battle through 3 regular seasons and postseasons. Wade doesn't deserve very much credit seeing how Lebron has basically carrid the Heat the entire season.

Supreme LA
04-15-2014, 07:20 PM
I cant remember any of these guys playing 1 game, dont play next game, etc like Wade has. Sure these guys had rest but not the kind of rest as wade. Thats the difference

Exactly. It's hypocritical for him to say that and Wade shouldn't be given any special treatment. Wade knows he piggy back riding Lebron to a title and anybody who argues otherwise is just fooling themselves.

Not to mention the fact that every veteran practices less in the later stages of their career. If anything, I doubt Wade had practiced much at all this season as well. Add that to how many games he's missing and I don't see how it couldn't affect his legacy.

TylerSL
04-15-2014, 08:53 PM
all the crying in here.

NBA_Starter
04-15-2014, 09:19 PM
How dare this guy!

Chronz
04-15-2014, 09:22 PM

They've also been getting the mileage restriction treatment for alot longer than Wade has, nor are they as much of an injury concern as Wade.

Supreme LA
04-15-2014, 09:24 PM
They've also been getting the minutes restriction treatment for alot longer than Wade has, nor are they as much of an injury concern as Wade.

Don't generalize. Kobe received no minutes treatment. KG & Pierce only began with the "minutes treatment" over the last 2 seasons and it's understandable considering how many years they've been in the league and his age.

Chronz
04-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Don't generalize. Kobe received no minutes treatment. KG & Pierce only began with the "minutes treatment" over the last 2 seasons and it's understandable considering how many years they've been in the league and his age.
I respond to generalizations with the same. Not sure what your point is tho, considering Wade is even more injury prone and needs the restrictions more than anyone, even moreso when you consider his team is gunning for their 4th straight Finals. And Kobe has had his minutes cut back in certain seasons, at one point in his career he was given the entire year off when it came to practice sessions. So as you see, we should focus on that players specific need, instead of blindly comparing them to players in different scenarios. All around, a horrible post.

Chronz
04-15-2014, 09:43 PM
Not practicing and playing half a season are two totally different things.
Why?

Legacy isn't just dependent on playoff performances. Everything is taken into account by sorts of people when judging a players legacy. The fact that he takes off half the season actually helps him remain fresh for the playoffs and should be counted against him.
Strawman argument, I never said it was just dependent on playoff performances, I said its MORE dependent on playoff performance, particularly at this stage in his career.

Players like KG, Pierce, Kobe, and Duncan never had that luxury.
Sure they have, for the most part, those guys havent carried the load that Wade has IMO. And again, not every player is under the same circumstance, different players have different needs.

It's funny you say you only judge legacy by playoff performances because it's you and Hawkeye who give Kobe credit for his legacy for the fact that he had been able to sustain his play through 18 seasons.
Its funny because I've literally never said that.

I don't see how that can't be knock on Wade.
Who saying its not a knock, every game missed is technically a knock on a player, ultimately, its the post season that defines them the most. You dont prioritize regular season play over championship play.

The hardest thing about 3-peating is the fact that players have to battle through 3 regular seasons and postseasons. Wade doesn't deserve very much credit seeing how Lebron has basically carrid the Heat the entire season.
When you start to say he doesn't deserve very much credit, thats where we disagree, I dont know what you're talking about because I would need a basis for comparison, what kind of credit would you be comparing his potential ring to? Particularly without knowing or projecting exactly how he performs in the most important section of his teams season. You're making too big a deal out of this, the dude still contributed to their regular season. All objective measures (as opposed to vague, unsubstantiated opinion) paint him as an important contributor.

I cant help but laugh when you guys suggest he should retire when hes still contributing at a high level to a championship team, you not trying to give him credit for something so important isn't very compelling.

Chronz
04-15-2014, 09:47 PM
Exactly. It's hypocritical for him to say that and Wade shouldn't be given any special treatment. Wade knows he piggy back riding Lebron to a title and anybody who argues otherwise is just fooling themselves.
Some of us try not to view the game from such a caveman stance, every player contributes something to his team. Wade is still a very productive player who will have a chance to enter the post season healthy for once. How much credit he deserves for his potential championship is still up in the air.

Not to mention the fact that every veteran practices less in the later stages of their career. If anything, I doubt Wade had practiced much at all this season as well. Add that to how many games he's missing and I don't see how it couldn't affect his legacy.

That fact is exactly what I've been preaching. But hes still practicing tho, which is more than we could say for Kobe during his final days. And of course it effects his legacy, just not to the point where hubris overtakes common sense, as some people have done when they suggest a player retire even though the team he plays for preferred he endure.

Chronz
04-15-2014, 09:49 PM
For future reference;

Legacy talk is dependent on performance, both regular season and playoffs, but mostly playoffs IMO. Thats where I judge Wade at this stage of his career.

If you wish to debate, lets not lose sight of context plz.

If Wade dominates the post season (highly unlikely) it would make this the most impressive ring of the Big-3 era. Nobody will care about missing chunks of regular season games if he dominates the most important stage of the marathon.

Supreme LA
04-15-2014, 09:50 PM
I respond to generalizations with the same. Not sure what your point is tho, considering Wade is even more injury prone and needs the restrictions more than anyone, even moreso when you consider his team is gunning for their 4th straight Finals. And Kobe has had his minutes cut back in certain seasons, at one point in his career he was given the entire year off when it came to practice sessions. So as you see, we should focus on that players specific need, instead of blindly comparing them to players in different scenarios. All around, a horrible post.

How was I generalizing? I was merely pointing out to you that everything must be taken into account when assessing legacy. You point Kobe having certain seasons where his minutes were curtailed but which seasons? In fact, Kobe led the league in minutes for much of his last two regular seasons and surely would've played through whatever fatigue and pain issues Wade is dealing with now. The same could be said about KG. Your argument about missing practice is also false as I'm sure Wade is missing practices on top of games. The same can be said for almost all old veterans of the game. So a very horrible response by you because you're the one suggesting that only playoffs must be accounted for when it's clear there are a myriad of factors that affect longevity, preserved energy for postseason play, and all must be accounted for in a player's legacy.

And I'm quite aware players have different injury or health circumstances. I think it's a credit to players who battle through grueling seasons with minor injuries, pains, and any other sort of adversity. Just as a I give credit to players who endure, I also discredit players for not doing the same. I'm not blaming Wade. He's actually being smart by piggy back riding Lebron this entire season. It just doesn't help his legacy in any way as you suggest.

Trwood12
04-15-2014, 09:50 PM
How is it disrespectful? He's older and needs the rest to perform. Plus there are plenty of other players on that team to pick up the slack. I doubt it was even fully his decision.

P&GRealist
04-15-2014, 09:51 PM
Sure they have, for the most part, those guys havent carried the load that Wade has IMO. And again, not every player is under the same circumstance, different players have different needs.

False.

What you fail to understand is that Dwyane Wade for this ENTIRE CAREER has played in the weak east. A conference that's been getting weaker and weaker and weaker the longer he's been in the league. 2008-09 is the season you're talking about Wade, but that was also the yr that the East really started going down the toilet. You had the Big 3 C's, LeBron's Cavs, Dwight's Magic, a D-Rose rookie led Bulls, and Wade's Heat. By that time, the Pistons started going down the toilet (thanks to trading away Big Ben and replacing Brown with Saunders), the Nets started going down hill due to the Kidd trade to Dallas in 08, and you saw the disintegration of the Arenas/Jamison/Butler Wizards.

And when you say guys like KG or Kobe never had to carry that burden. Understand that they played in the ultra competitive western conference, a conference that's been going the exact opposite direction compared to the east. It's been getting more and more and more difficult and competitive the longer those guys stayed in the league (although this is more relevant to Kobe as KG finally made the move to the East in 07-08).

Chronz
04-15-2014, 09:55 PM
How was I generalizing?
Dude SLOW DOWN and actually read my posts. Im not going to keep this up if you cant keep pace. I WAS NOT RESPONDING TO YOU. The post you quoted was a response to bathroom man, so why do you think its about you?

Supreme LA
04-15-2014, 09:55 PM
Some of us try not to view the game from such a caveman stance, every player contributes something to his team. Wade is still a very productive player who will have a chance to enter the post season healthy for once. How much credit he deserves for his potential championship is still up in the air.

That fact is exactly what I've been preaching. But hes still practicing tho, which is more than we could say for Kobe during his final days. And of course it effects his legacy, just not to the point where hubris overtakes common sense, as some people have done when they suggest a player retire even though the team he plays for preferred he endure.

And you know he is practicing how???

If he's not playing, he's not participating in practices. At most it's probably just shoot arounds. You do understand that all vets hit a certain point in their careers where they hardly practice but still play all regular season games right? It's just natural. Their skills have been honed and what's left is to preserve their energy for games. Wade gets neither.

Chronz
04-15-2014, 10:03 PM
False.

What you fail to understand is that Dwyane Wade for this ENTIRE CAREER has played in the weak east. A conference that's been getting weaker and weaker and weaker the longer he's been in the league.
LOL, playing in the east doesn't make it easier to stay healthy, if anything, considering its more half court/defensive oriented, it makes it more grueling. Conference play has a negligible impact on a players contributions for his team.

2008-09 is the season you're talking about Wade, but that was also the yr that the East really started going down the toilet. You had the Big 3 C's, LeBron's Cavs, Dwight's Magic, a D-Rose rookie led Bulls, and Wade's Heat. By that time, the Pistons started going down the toilet (thanks to trading away Big Ben and replacing Brown with Saunders), the Nets started going down hill due to the Kidd trade to Dallas in 08, and you saw the disintegration of the Arenas/Jamison/Butler Wizards.
Wait, wat season am I talking about and why was I talking about it? Were you bringing up the post where I broke down his prime run?

And when you say guys like KG or Kobe never had to carry that burden. Understand that they played in the ultra competitive western conference, a conference that's been going the exact opposite direction compared to the east. It's been getting more and more and more difficult and competitive the longer those guys stayed in the league (although this is more relevant to Kobe as KG finally made the move to the East in 07-08).
I've understood it, it doesn't change anything considering its negligible influence on a players load/production/health. Duncan being in the West (while actually on a contending team mind you) doesn't mean hes carried a bigger load than Wade has during that same span considering his teams success with him on a mileage program and even if the loads were comparable, Wade is certainly more prone to injury, therefore, if anyone has needed the lightened load that Duncan has had, its him.

Im getting confused with all these vague distinctions, Im trying to keep pace here but at some point we're going to start putting words into peoples mouths if we're not more specific. Just what season was I talking about and why again?

Chronz
04-15-2014, 10:06 PM
And you know he is practicing how???

If he's not playing, he's not participating in practices. At most it's probably just shoot arounds. You do understand that all vets hit a certain point in their careers where they hardly practice but still play all regular season games right? It's just natural. Their skills have been honed and what's left is to preserve their energy for games. Wade gets neither.
Because the press has seen him practice and have commented on it, so too have his teammates.....

At most? LOL what an empty line considering you didn't even know he was practicing to begin with. Forgive me if I dont believe you know what the norm is historically for vets in the league but I would agree that practice loads should lessen as you age, just how much is dependent on the individual, I dont live life by extreme rules. I try to remain objective in every aspect of life.

slashsnake
04-15-2014, 10:08 PM

Not sure, but watching Wade this year, he doesn't look healthy to me. He's scoring what? 13 a game and 38% shooting off 0 days rest? I think they have something there.

ghettosean
04-15-2014, 10:45 PM

I get what your saying. You seem to have a big problem with the way he's perceived. All I can say is like it or not he is playing through something your typical player would've just retired with, and still doing a pretty damn good job at it.

He also seems to be pretty well respected league wide on and off the court so his "image" as you put it isn't really going anywhere......outside of psd of course.

No i don't think you get what I'm saying at all. I'm saying in other sports games for MEN REAL MEN the would flat out say we are resting our guys for the playoffs again, HOCKEY, FOOTBALL... etc would just do and say that teams would not fabricate bull**** to protect a players self image or to simply just rest player they would just tell the truth... THE TRUTH... thats what I'm saying... *****es make up bull**** like the girls league we have today (excluding certain organizations like the spurs).

When did you become ok with being fed bull****??? Or is that just the way things are now?

therealwd27
04-15-2014, 11:06 PM
Lol is this thread for real?

therealwd27
04-15-2014, 11:09 PM
Not sure, but watching Wade this year, he doesn't look healthy to me. He's scoring what? 13 a game and 38% shooting off 0 days rest? I think they have something there.

Are you mentally ********? He's avg 19 5 and 5 and shooting above 50% only 2 guards in league doing that this year. When he plays he's been really really solid, what's more important a regular season game against a team who won't do a thing in playoffs? Or playing in the playoffs when 16 games are all that matters really in NBA

therealwd27
04-15-2014, 11:13 PM
Because the press has seen him practice and have commented on it, so too have his teammates.....

At most? LOL what an empty line considering you didn't even know he was practicing to begin with. Forgive me if I dont believe you know what the norm is historically for vets in the league but I would agree that practice loads should lessen as you age, just how much is dependent on the individual, I dont live life by extreme rules. I try to remain objective in every aspect of life.

Your wasting your time bro, don't even bother responding with some of these peoples replies they clearly don't understand how basketball works

P&GRealist
04-15-2014, 11:40 PM
LOL, playing in the east doesn't make it easier to stay healthy, if anything, considering its more half court/defensive oriented, it makes it more grueling. Conference play has a negligible impact on a players contributions for his team.

Wait, wat season am I talking about and why was I talking about it? Were you bringing up the post where I broke down his prime run?

I've understood it, it doesn't change anything considering its negligible influence on a players load/production/health. Duncan being in the West (while actually on a contending team mind you) doesn't mean hes carried a bigger load than Wade has during that same span considering his teams success with him on a mileage program and even if the loads were comparable, Wade is certainly more prone to injury, therefore, if anyone has needed the lightened load that Duncan has had, its him.

Im getting confused with all these vague distinctions, Im trying to keep pace here but at some point we're going to start putting words into peoples mouths if we're not more specific. Just what season was I talking about and why again?

When you said Wade was "carrying the load", the only real load he was carrying in was the 08-09 season, the season right after he had that healthy olympics run. That's what people equate to his prime yr as well.

slashsnake
04-15-2014, 11:59 PM
No i don't think you get what I'm saying at all. I'm saying in other sports games for MEN REAL MEN the would flat out say we are resting our guys for the playoffs again, HOCKEY, FOOTBALL... etc would just do and say that teams would not fabricate bull**** to protect a players self image or to simply just rest player they would just tell the truth... THE TRUTH... thats what I'm saying... *****es make up bull**** like the girls league we have today (excluding certain organizations like the spurs).

When did you become ok with being fed bull****??? Or is that just the way things are now?

WHAT??? The NFL would say they were resting someone? Have you not seen an NFL game? EVER? How many times do you see teams keeping every possible injury quiet? Guys not putting players on the injury report then they don't play in the game. The NFL had to completely change their injury reports because they were lying so badly on them. Now they are mandated to gauge injury by how much the guy practiced (full participant, limited, etc). Or the stories how player x is just fine, nothing wrong leading up to the game, and then you hear that they found his ACL was torn a week ago?

And it doesn't even go just before games in the NFL. Faking in game injuries is so widespread they have to come out and say that is against the rules too. And we are supposed to believe that coach when he tries telling us all three players coincidentally cramped up right when a team went to a hurry up and the D wanted to substitute.

Brandon Spikes just came out and said he was put on IR (done for the season injury) for missing a practice, even though the team said it was his knee. Another guy said he never had any hip injury though he was on an injury report for multiple games with one.

And lets not even get into the NHL. Yeah real men only have real injuries. There are more fake injuries in a Hockey game than any sport but maybe soccer. Hockey... the sport who's injury list has more "undisclosed" than any other. The sport where a torn ACL, an amputated leg, and a hangnail can all be disclosed as the same injury "leg injury". Or where a guy can have a concussion, lose 4 teeth and the team doesn't report a thing.

Hockey, where a down season can make sense when a week after it is over the player announces he had a torn MCL all year.

Come on...

I am sorry but saying they need to man up like the NFL and NHL, is like saying the NFL needs to become more of a contact sport like baseball and chess.

ghettosean
04-16-2014, 08:18 AM
NFL has come and gone but since hockey is around the corner for playoffs lets have some evidence shall we:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/13/sports/hockey/the-rangers-are-primed-for-the-playoffs.html?_r=0

Rangers, Primed for Flyers in Playoffs, Rest Top Players

http://www.rantsports.com/nhl/2014/04/08/pittsburgh-penguins-wise-to-rest-players-before-playoffs/

Pittsburgh Penguins Wise To Rest Players Before Playoffs

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2026898-martin-st-louis-and-dan-girardi-resting-tonight-vs-canadiens

Martin St. Louis and Dan Girardi Resting Tonight vs. Canadiens

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/carey-price-andrei-markov-emelin-get-breather-before-nhl-playoffs-1.2603283

Carey Price, Andrei Markov, Emelin get breather before NHL playoffs

Also in response to your last comment basketball used to be a very physical sport today this is the worst it's been and veterans and sports writers and casters have been saying this for sometime now that today's game is soft and the worst it's been. Today have kids making up new fads like Lebroning because the league is so soft so you know what... Saying the NBA should toughen up like other sports sounds like the right idea to me but we may have to agree to disagree and let the game continue to be like a bunch of ballerina dancers or actors out on the court flopping, flailing and faking things every which way.

Great product today!

bathroom_man
04-16-2014, 10:49 AM
ok forget all these injuries, practice, no practices, carry what load crap. the main reason Wade is not playing is because of Lebron James.

if Lebron James didnt join the Heat, would Wade be taking games off? Hell no.
so Wade is the luckiest son of a gun player EVER to play in the NBA.

PleaseBeNice
04-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Ride that penis to the title, Wade. Just let lebron take care of it.

Chronz
04-16-2014, 01:26 PM
Also in response to your last comment basketball used to be a very physical sport today this is the worst it's been and veterans and sports writers and casters have been saying this for sometime now that today's game is soft and the worst it's been. Today have kids making up new fads like Lebroning because the league is so soft so you know what... Saying the NBA should toughen up like other sports sounds like the right idea to me but we may have to agree to disagree and let the game continue to be like a bunch of ballerina dancers or actors out on the court flopping, flailing and faking things every which way.

Great product today!

I dont know about other sports, but I know the NBA. When was the league at its toughest in your opinion? Do you miss brawls? Like those that used to happen more frequently in the 50's, was that the league at its manliest, or would you like to go back to the days where fans were allowed to throw cigarettes and beer bottles at players, oohhh thats tough. Nothing like the sissy 80's right?

What about those of us who determine toughness by difficulty of play? I see nothing more tough about a league where players aren't even allowed to position themselves freely. Where you couldn't even double team the way you can today.

Chronz
04-16-2014, 01:29 PM

Why would you risk a fine? Why make a big deal about something so minuscule when we ALL know whats really going on. Even the Spurs use the injury excuse, I dont see the DNP-OLD anymore, are they still doing that?

Chronz
04-16-2014, 01:36 PM
When you said Wade was "carrying the load", the only real load he was carrying in was the 08-09 season, the season right after he had that healthy olympics run. That's what people equate to his prime yr as well.

Since then, hes still carried a bigger load than most of the guys mentioned, save for Kobe. Duncan, Pierce, KG, those guys since that season, have not had to carry the burden that Wade has. That Wade carried an immense load even before then only exacerbates the issue. The guy needs this more than any of them and has gone longer without it. So hes finally being treated with the same level of precaution even though he needs it more. Thats all I was saying.

Chronz
04-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Your wasting your time bro, don't even bother responding with some of these peoples replies they clearly don't understand how basketball works

Its not a waste of time, there are some comedic responses in here. You dont like laughing?

ghettosean
04-16-2014, 02:39 PM
I dont know about other sports, but I know the NBA. When was the league at its toughest in your opinion? Do you miss brawls? Like those that used to happen more frequently in the 50's, was that the league at its manliest, or would you like to go back to the days where fans were allowed to throw cigarettes and beer bottles at players, oohhh thats tough. Nothing like the sissy 80's right?

What about those of us who determine toughness by difficulty of play? I see nothing more tough about a league where players aren't even allowed to position themselves freely. Where you couldn't even double team the way you can today.

I don't want to go to much into when the league was at it's toughest but I can say without a doubt the league is at it's softest it's ever been... When I see plays like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcGhq8Z-M-E

It just makes me go really???? You eject someone because he hurts another players feelings!?!?! EJECT HIM!!!

As soon as they got rid of hand checking the league went soft... When you cannot put a hand on the offensive player to defend well that's just soft. I don't really care to see brawls or anything but if someone is getting ejected like in the above example (because the Wade raised his arms... I mean honestly it's sad... Even Van Gundy was eluding to that at the very end of that clip).

Regarding difficulty of play I would categorize under skill to be honest not toughness unless it's taking a charge from someone maybe I could see your point I'd still categorize that more under skill than toughness.

Your question is a fair one but I don't know how to say what era is the toughest only what era is the softest and that's this one.

bathroom_man
04-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Its not a waste of time, there are some comedic responses in here. You dont like laughing?

Nah, he mad

True Sports Fan
04-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Of course Laker fans have to involve Kobe.

ghettosean
04-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Why would you risk a fine? Why make a big deal about something so minuscule when we ALL know whats really going on. Even the Spurs use the injury excuse, I dont see the DNP-OLD anymore, are they still doing that?

I don't think Pop is doing that anymore but if he's resting his players he just rests them he doesn't fake or make up injuries... To my knowledge anyway he's usually pretty straight forward and candid about what he thinks of the NBA front office when it comes to the schedule.

Chronz
04-16-2014, 03:32 PM
I don't want to go to much into when the league was at it's toughest but I can say without a doubt the league is at it's softest it's ever been... When I see plays like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcGhq8Z-M-E

It just makes me go really???? You eject someone because he hurts another players feelings!?!?! EJECT HIM!!!
They actually ejected him for getting 2 technicals.

As soon as they got rid of hand checking the league went soft...When you cannot put a hand on the offensive player to defend well that's just soft.
But it was hard when you couldn't even double team at will? When you couldn't even double off the ball like today? Maybe they are just different games, both are tough IMO. I mean, what does it say about the 80's when players today would thrive more in an up and down, zoneless game with inferior athletes? The 80's were beloved despite these softer issues, so its really a non-issue to me.

Your question is a fair one but I don't know how to say what era is the toughest only what era is the softest and that's this one.
Just trying to put into perspective that people could describe the era you loved to watch soft because they saw the league in its infancy, when fights were more frequent. It doesn't make it a better product, just different. Its a personal preference thing but I dont see this chasm of a difference. You seem to emphasize small aspects of the game but ignore the bigger differences IMO.

Chronz
04-16-2014, 03:37 PM
I don't think Pop is doing that anymore but if he's resting his players he just rests them he doesn't fake or make up injuries... To my knowledge anyway he's usually pretty straight forward and candid about what he thinks of the NBA front office when it comes to the schedule.
Yea I dont think any of this is true, I havent seen the DNP-OLD in forever. Someone might have to check this one tho.

ghettosean
04-16-2014, 04:03 PM
They actually ejected him for getting 2 technicals.

Agreed but did he deserve to be ejected for the 2nd??? For hurting DWades feelings??? Honestly that's soft man

(Even the first double tech between him and Wade was pretty soft as well)

But it was hard when you couldn't even double team at will? When you couldn't even double off the ball like today? Maybe they are just different games, both are tough IMO. I mean, what does it say about the 80's when players today would thrive more in an up and down, zoneless game with inferior athletes? The 80's were beloved despite these softer issues, so its really a non-issue to me.

I can't say they had inferior athletes back then... I mean if you have give all the same training, nutrition and advantages that are given to todays NBA stars back then I don't think there would be any difference as far as inferior or superior athletes go in fact I think MJ, Bird, Magic, Kareem... etc would be that much scarier if he was able to take advantage of what these young guys have today. As far as the games they are different but this is the problem when comparing different eras as far as Lebron vs the greats of other era's this might have to be an agree to disagree thing right here but who's to say that Jordan wouldn't average 50 - 60 PPG with all ticky tack fouls in todays game not to mention if he had all the same advantages as todays superstars... In my opinion he would eat this league up alive the way it is regulated today and Lebron wouldn't be averaging no where close to his triple double if he thinks he's playing street ball when playing against the bulls or indy today he'd be in for a world of hurt in the 90's or earlier.

Just trying to put into perspective that people could describe the era you loved to watch soft because they saw the league in its infancy, when fights were more frequent. It doesn't make it a better product, just different. Its a personal preference thing but I dont see this chasm of a difference. You seem to emphasize small aspects of the game but ignore the bigger differences IMO.

I agree I'm not in it to watch fights though I would consider that tough but I'm in it to watch a fight I'm in it to watch a competitive and physical game and I just thing both of those things are lacking today. We may have some new athletic freaks that we haven't seen ever before in the history of the game due to the advances in nutrition, fitness, training... etc.... But as far as how the game is played today it's my opinion with along with actual greats who have played in the NBA and pro writers etc who thing the competitiveness and physicality of the game is diminishing... The clip I showed somewhat solidifies that assumption/opinion... Today there are too many stars looking to join each other while they are still supposed to be competing with each other. I'm just wanting the days of old when there were no friends on the court it was just business. Today you have guys like Noah (who I love to death btw... heart of a champion... His heart is his strength and weakness all in one but love how he plays the game with intensity, emotion and heart)... You have guys like Noah talking to Melo after a game saying he dude come join us and we can win... Things are just different now a days.

ghettosean
04-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Yea I dont think any of this is true, I havent seen the DNP-OLD in forever. Someone might have to check this one tho.

I agreed with you there he hasn't done the DNP-OLD in like 2 years but he is straight forward about resting his players.

bathroom_man
04-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Agreed but did he deserve to be ejected for the 2nd??? For hurting DWades feelings??? Honestly that's soft man

(Even the first double tech between him and Wade was pretty soft as well)

I can't say they had inferior athletes back then... I mean if you have give all the same training, nutrition and advantages that are given to todays NBA stars back then I don't think there would be any difference as far as inferior or superior athletes go in fact I think MJ, Bird, Magic, Kareem... etc would be that much scarier if he was able to take advantage of what these young guys have today. As far as the games they are different but this is the problem when comparing different eras as far as Lebron vs the greats of other era's this might have to be an agree to disagree thing right here but who's to say that Jordan wouldn't average 50 - 60 PPG with all ticky tack fouls in todays game not to mention if he had all the same advantages as todays superstars... In my opinion he would eat this league up alive the way it is regulated today and Lebron wouldn't be averaging no where close to his triple double if he thinks he's playing street ball when playing against the bulls or indy today he'd be in for a world of hurt in the 90's or earlier.

I agree I'm not in it to watch fights though I would consider that tough but I'm in it to watch a fight I'm in it to watch a competitive and physical game and I just thing both of those things are lacking today. We may have some new athletic freaks that we haven't seen ever before in the history of the game due to the advances in nutrition, fitness, training... etc.... But as far as how the game is played today it's my opinion with along with actual greats who have played in the NBA and pro writers etc who thing the competitiveness and physicality of the game is diminishing... The clip I showed somewhat solidifies that assumption/opinion... Today there are too many stars looking to join each other while they are still supposed to be competing with each other. I'm just wanting the days of old when there were no friends on the court it was just business. Today you have guys like Noah (who I love to death btw... heart of a champion... His heart is his strength and weakness all in one but love how he plays the game with intensity, emotion and heart)... You have guys like Noah talking to Melo after a game saying he dude come join us and we can win... Things are just different now a days.

It all started with pierce, kg & allen. But i give them a pass cuz they were old geezers. But lebron, bosh , wade all in their prime join forces. Man that sucks for everybody. Our new culture right there

NBA_Starter
04-16-2014, 08:20 PM
I agreed with you there he hasn't done the DNP-OLD in like 2 years but he is straight forward about resting his players.

DNP - Old knees

Supreme LA
04-18-2014, 05:13 PM
ok forget all these injuries, practice, no practices, carry what load crap. the main reason Wade is not playing is because of Lebron James.

if Lebron James didnt join the Heat, would Wade be taking games off? Hell no.
so Wade is the luckiest son of a gun player EVER to play in the NBA.

Exactly. I don't blame the guy. I would ride that work horse Lebron to the finals and then play in the series clincher.