PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs: Which of these teams has the best chance to make it out of the first round?

Goose17
04-13-2014, 01:13 PM
A debate I had with a friend today, settle it for us.

Assuming they stay in their current seeding, just out of interest which of these teams do you think has the best chance to make it out of the first round? Rank them from most likely to least likely.

(E/5th seed) Brooklyn: 19th in DRtg, tied 17th in defensive efficiency, 14th in ORtg, 13th in TOV%

(E/7th seed) Charlotte: 6th in DRtg, 6th in defensive efficiency, 24th in ORtg, 1st in TOV%

(W/5th seed) Portland: 17th in DRtg, tied 17th in defensive efficiency, 2nd in ORtg, 4th in TOV%

(W/7th seed) Dallas: 22nd in DRtg, 22nd in defensive efficiency, 4th in ORtg, 5th in TOV%

Considering potential match ups etc I had it as; Brooklyn most likely followed by Portland, Dallas and Charlotte.

He had it as; Brooklyn most likely followed by Dallas, Charlotte and Portland.

DetroitBadBoy
04-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Your buddy is not giving Portland enough credit here. They match-up really well against Houston with Lopez being able to body up Dwight and Lilliard a clear advantage at his position with a hobbled Beverly. He thinks a Bobcat team has a better chance against the 2 time reigning champs?

Dallas needs to play defense to beat the Thunder and I just don't see them beating KD in a 7 game series.

I appreciate the job Charlotte is doing on the defensive end this year but they will need to depend a lot on Al Jefferson to lead them offensively against the Heat.

Brooklyn is running into a good matchup against Toronto, not really a clear favorite.

I have to agree with you.
Brooklyn, Portland, Dallas, and Charlotte

P&GRealist
04-13-2014, 04:33 PM
Playoff matchups aren't even etched in stone.

Could we please wait until then?

R. Johnson#3
04-13-2014, 04:40 PM
Portland, Brooklyn, Dallas and Charlotte.

Portland is healthy and Houston isn't.

The Brooklyn/Toronto series could go either way but I see Toronto's D being too much for them.

Dallas has to play defense.

Charlotte has a snowball's chance in hell if they play Miami. Sure they're good on D but so is Miami.

Goose17
04-13-2014, 04:42 PM
Playoff matchups aren't even etched in stone.

Could we please wait until then?

It's a hypothetical question, thought that was pretty clear. You don't have to post if you don't want to.

P&GRealist
04-13-2014, 04:46 PM
It's a hypothetical question, thought that was pretty clear. You don't have to post if you don't want to.

It really depends dude.

We don't know who's gonna be 7/8 out west. (Dallas or Memphis) to combat 1 Spurs or 2 OKC

We don't know who's gonna be 3/4 out east (Chicago or Toronto) to combat Brooklyn (5).

All you have to do is wait 2-3 more days. Then this thread would be worthy of talking about.

Too premature. Hypotheticals play no role when you don't even know what cards you're dealing with.

Goose17
04-13-2014, 05:05 PM
Too premature. Hypotheticals play no role when you don't even know what cards you're dealing with.

Hypothetically, the seeds are exactly what they are right now. If the seeds stay as they are, who is more likely to make it out of the first round?

I literally cleared this up in the second line of the opening post "Assuming they stay in their current seeding"

People make threads like this at the all star break lmao, this is nothing compared to that. It was just a random discussion I was having with a mate that I thought would be interesting to get more opinions on.

Tony_Starks
04-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Portland, Brooklyn, Charlotte, Dallas.