13. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Bobcats
14. Patrick Beverley, Rockets
15. Jeremy Lamb, Thunder
16. Mirza Teletovic, Nets
17. Maurice Harkless, Magic
18. Brian Roberts, Pelicans
19. Mike Scott, Hawks
20. Thomas Robinson, Blazers

What do you guys think? Waiters seems pretty low to me and Raptors got two of the top 10. This was a really good draft class and might be better then the 2014 one.

GunFactor187
04-12-2014, 01:19 AM
Really glad to see guys like Miles Plumlee, Brian Roberts, and Dray Green make a list like this. Goes to show how the increased importance of role players are in the game today.

BHF
04-12-2014, 02:29 AM
Ross should be 4th or 5th on that list

BenFrank
04-12-2014, 02:49 AM
Before the season started I remember arguing with this guy about Terrance Jones, and he went't on to say he hasn't proved anything.. and he wouldn't make a impact this year' He's lucky I don't remember who he is, I just want to know how he feels about him now..

RipCity32
04-12-2014, 02:52 AM
Is Harrison Barnes so bad that hes not even top 20?

COOLbeans
04-12-2014, 03:20 AM
Is Harrison Barnes so bad that hes not even top 20?

Epic sophmore slump

sf-fanatic
04-12-2014, 04:32 AM
He's saving it for the playoffs.

YoungOne
04-12-2014, 05:39 AM
sully will go up this list in the foreseable time, just needs to lose weight and a center next to him

YoungOne
04-12-2014, 05:50 AM

can you please explain to me, why ross should be 4th or 5th place?

very curious to hear.

Gibby
04-12-2014, 06:11 AM

Ross numbers are no where near impressive to be in the top 5. He has been highly inconsistent.

I think the list is fine. would put Lillard over Drummond and Val over Jones. I wasn't looking to closely at the bottom of the list.

Goose17
04-12-2014, 06:13 AM
Epic sophmore slump

Not really. He's about the same in every single statistical category.

Rookie year; 9.2 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.6 SPG, 0.2 BPG, FG% .43, 3PT% .35
Sophomore year; 9.3 PPG, 3.9 RPG, 1.4 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.3 BPG, .FG% .40, 3PT% .34

The hard truth is, during the regular season he wasn't good last year, at all. And he hasn't been good this year, at all.

The playoff run he had is a very small sample size, and it's more likely that his regular season career stats of 9.2 PPG, 4 RPG and 1.3 APG is the "true" Barnes, where as the playoff averages last year of 16.4 PPG, 6.4 RPg and 1.3 APG were an anomaly.

I still believe Barnes has the potential to be a 20 and 7 type of guy, but I don't think he's going to be the full blown all NBA-second team player that I thought he could be.

It's all on him, how he improves during the offseason and whether or not he's willing to accept the role that the Warriors have him in. He had an opportunity to be a 6th man of the year if he had played like he did in the playoffs, but he blew it. Plain and simple.

Goose17
04-12-2014, 06:16 AM
As for the list, it seems about right to me.

jon32
04-12-2014, 08:27 AM
Good list but I think id switch drummond and lillard personally. Val and jones could be flip flopped but no argument with that.

MrfadeawayJB
04-12-2014, 09:18 AM
Sullinger is a soph?

mightybosstone
04-12-2014, 09:26 AM
I love that both Beverley and Jones made the list. Both guys are very deserving, and I think their spots seem fair, although Beverley would inevitably be higher if not for his injury concerns this season. The author even suggested Beverley would be in the top 10 if not for injuries. But to think Houston has two of the top players on this list and neither guys is among their three best overall is so promising. I don't think Beverley will ever be much more than he is now, but Jones can continue to get better. I can see him being an 18/9 guy in his prime if he continues to improve with a 3-point shot and above average defense.

ManRam
04-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Epic sophmore slump

It's not a slump tho. He was garbage last year. Had a few good playoff games to fool some people, but he's made no strides at all. A disappointment nonetheless. He's just not a good player.

I think Ross' spot is fine. He's probably been a tad better than Beal, but I still like Beal's upside a bit more. I know Raps fans love love love him, and love to overhype him, but that's about fair. I'd go Henson 7, Ross 8, Beal 9...but that's just splitting hairs. Actually, I'd have Henson at 6. I love his game.

The list is fine. I'd move some guys up or down a tad, but nothing is too far off.

Goose17
04-12-2014, 10:05 AM
I love that both Beverley and Jones made the list. Both guys are very deserving, and I think their spots seem fair, although Beverley would inevitably be higher if not for his injury concerns this season. The author even suggested Beverley would be in the top 10 if not for injuries. But to think Houston has two of the top players on this list and neither guys is among their three best overall is so promising. I don't think Beverley will ever be much more than he is now, but Jones can continue to get better. I can see him being an 18/9 guy in his prime if he continues to improve with a 3-point shot and above average defense.

With the right coaching, Jones is going to be a monster. Not an All-NBA guy, but like you say, 18/9 with a lot of heart and hustle.

dalton749
04-12-2014, 12:04 PM
nice to see a few up and coming centres there for once

RandomGaminCrew
04-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Thats a horrible order

BHF
04-12-2014, 09:32 PM
can you please explain to me, why ross should be 4th or 5th place?

very curious to hear.

Because he is a playing better basketball than the guys above him like: Terrence Jones, Bradley Beal, John Henson, John Henson, Miles Plumlee. Not one of these players impacts the game as much as Ross does on defense and offense.

WhiteSoxGod
04-12-2014, 11:28 PM
4 of these guys wore Rockets Uniforms. Makes me smile at the Great Rockets GM Daryl Morey.

Ese Vato Loco
04-12-2014, 11:47 PM
t-ross caught my attention after he dropped 51. j-val been tearing it up this past month and a half.

Ese Vato Loco
04-12-2014, 11:49 PM
raptors did mess up by taking ross over Drummond. t-ross still too sick

joshhorvath
04-13-2014, 05:45 AM
raptors did mess up by taking ross over Drummond. t-ross still too sick

not gonna complain with the pick. on draft day, yes, but TRoss has come a long way since being ranked #16 in that draft.

joshhorvath
04-13-2014, 05:48 AM
It's not a slump tho. He was garbage last year. Had a few good playoff games to fool some people, but he's made no strides at all. A disappointment nonetheless. He's just not a good player.

I think Ross' spot is fine. He's probably been a tad better than Beal, but I still like Beal's upside a bit more. I know Raps fans love love love him, and love to overhype him, but that's about fair. I'd go Henson 7, Ross 8, Beal 9...but that's just splitting hairs. Actually, I'd have Henson at 6. I love his game.

The list is fine. I'd move some guys up or down a tad, but nothing is too far off.

Hes turning into a fan fav, but we dont over hype him. Ross's potential is sky high, but right now i think we view him as being a very good/athletic 3 and D type player.

monty77
04-13-2014, 05:59 AM
If I were GM I would prefer Drummond over A.Davis. Both of them will be a perennial allstars throughout next decade, but Drummond have more chances to become a dominant player in the league. I believe he has more improvement margin because his weak point is IQ on the court, and years make it better.

However, if you take into account this year performance, I could understand that A.Davis is over Drummons. But I don't understand that Lillard is below Drummons because he is the star (or second star) in a very good team like Blazers. He make his team works, and he does that with great rates, better than Pistons' player, so he should be at number 2 spot this season.

Regarding the other players, I would put Beal and Waiters as top 5 players because they have more talent than anyone in the remaining list. Maybe I have some doubt about Valanciunas, he would deserve a top 5 position too because he plays in a winner team and contribute more than Waiters to win games. He is more focused. My particular list would be the next one (this year):

1. A.Davis
2. Lillard
3. Drummond
4. Beal
5. Valanciunas/Waiters

In my opinion, T.Jones is a little overrate at this list because playing with Howard is easier than anything else. He play without the same preasure than other players, such as Haslem did when he played with O'Neal. He maybe is a good player but I think so right now.

However, Jeremy Lamb is prejudiced by the fact that he plays at the same team than Durant. He could play more minutes and proving his value more than he does. He has a lot of potential, just as Harkless and Henson. They are my favorite players in the list behind the top 5 before-mentioned. The rest of the list will be only role players in the league. Maybe if Teletovic joins other team and plays more minutes could score near 15 points.

R. Johnson#3
04-13-2014, 07:59 AM
If MKG could learn how to play offense then he'd go way up on that list. I really thought we'd see more from him this year.

Vinny642
04-13-2014, 09:07 AM
Thank god for the lottery

JasonJohnHorn
04-13-2014, 02:55 PM
Ross is a little too high on that list.

THE MTL
04-13-2014, 03:43 PM
I think Bradley Beal is ranked way too low!

DetroitBadBoy
04-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Drummond and Davis were were 1 pick away from being on the same team. That's scary.......

FriedTofuz
04-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Raptor fans, quit being so biased. Ross is horribly inconsistent and streaky. One game hell give you 20, the next he'll give you 5. His rating is fair. I would put Lillard above Drummond.

LanceUpperCut
04-13-2014, 07:05 PM
Raptor fans, quit being so biased. Ross is horribly inconsistent and streaky. One game hell give you 20, the next he'll give you 5. His rating is fair. I would put Lillard above Drummond.

I agree in a way but what people don't understand about Ross is his impact as a defender. Ross just simple doesn't get the shots some nights which is fine when you have Lowry and Demar beside him.

dalton749
04-13-2014, 07:56 PM

its not so much that he is inconsitent as it is getting no plays called for him
theyre gunna need him in the playoffs so well see how he is then

Ty_Lawson
04-14-2014, 10:05 AM
No Evan Fournier??

Kyben36
04-14-2014, 10:47 AM
1. Anthony Davis, Pelicans
2. Andre Drummond, Pistons
3. Damian Lillard, Trail Blazers
4. Terrence Jones, Rockets
5. Jonas Valanciunas, Raptors
6. Miles Plumlee, Suns
7. Bradley Beal, Wizards
8. John Henson, Bucks
9. Terrence Ross, Raptors
10. Jared Sullinger, Celtics
11. Draymond Green, Warriors
12. Dion Waiters, Cavaliers
13. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Bobcats
14. Patrick Beverley, Rockets
15. Jeremy Lamb, Thunder
16. Mirza Teletovic, Nets
17. Maurice Harkless, Magic
18. Brian Roberts, Pelicans
19. Mike Scott, Hawks
20. Thomas Robinson, Blazers

What do you guys think? Waiters seems pretty low to me and Raptors got two of the top 10. This was a really good draft class and might be better then the 2014 one.

i see alot of things wrong with this to me.

1st, Andre Drummond, i love the kid and think he has tons of potential. that said, untill he develops an offensive game of some sort how can he be ahead of guys like Lillard and Beal, Beal is under rated, very good player. Ross has put it together really well. I think Patrick Beverly is under rated on this list, his defensve alone is worth of top 5, and i think Thomas robinson deserves to be higher as well. but thats just my thoughts.

Kyben36
04-14-2014, 10:48 AM

jon henson, Miles Plumlee, and Terrence jones all bellow Ross for me.

RipCity32
04-14-2014, 11:00 AM

1st, Andre Drummond, i love the kid and think he has tons of potential. that said, untill he develops an offensive game of some sort how can he be ahead of guys like Lillard and Beal, Beal is under rated, very good player. Ross has put it together really well. I think Patrick Beverly is under rated on this list, his defensve alone is worth of top 5, and i think Thomas robinson deserves to be higher as well. but thats just my thoughts.

I'll give you Lillaird but Beal, WTF!!! That kid scores like 17ppg on 16 shots per game and can't do **** but shoot.

MonroeFAN
04-14-2014, 11:06 AM
jon henson, Miles Plumlee, and Terrence jones all bellow Ross for me.

I don't think anyone cares.

:o

Vinny642
04-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Drummond and Davis were were 1 pick away from being on the same team. That's scary.......

Thank you for making me like crap

JWO35
04-14-2014, 02:18 PM
Pretty good list of guys...Drummond & Davis are going to dominate in a few years.

alexander_37
04-15-2014, 04:04 AM
If I were GM I would prefer Drummond over A.Davis. Both of them will be a perennial allstars throughout next decade, but Drummond have more chances to become a dominant player in the league. I believe he has more improvement margin because his weak point is IQ on the court, and years make it better.

However, if you take into account this year performance, I could understand that A.Davis is over Drummons. But I don't understand that Lillard is below Drummons because he is the star (or second star) in a very good team like Blazers. He make his team works, and he does that with great rates, better than Pistons' player, so he should be at number 2 spot this season.

Regarding the other players, I would put Beal and Waiters as top 5 players because they have more talent than anyone in the remaining list. Maybe I have some doubt about Valanciunas, he would deserve a top 5 position too because he plays in a winner team and contribute more than Waiters to win games. He is more focused. My particular list would be the next one (this year):

1. A.Davis
2. Lillard
3. Drummond
4. Beal
5. Valanciunas/Waiters

In my opinion, T.Jones is a little overrate at this list because playing with Howard is easier than anything else. He play without the same preasure than other players, such as Haslem did when he played with O'Neal. He maybe is a good player but I think so right now.

However, Jeremy Lamb is prejudiced by the fact that he plays at the same team than Durant. He could play more minutes and proving his value more than he does. He has a lot of potential, just as Harkless and Henson. They are my favorite players in the list behind the top 5 before-mentioned. The rest of the list will be only role players in the league. Maybe if Teletovic joins other team and plays more minutes could score near 15 points.

Yeah Jones totally disappeared when Howard was out ... No ... wait he didn't at all.

alexander_37
04-15-2014, 04:06 AM

Thomas Robinson isn't that good, yet at least. He is super super raw. Drummond's rebounding is overrated there is just nobody else to grab boards and his team misses so many shots he has plenty of chances at offensive boards.

dalton749
04-15-2014, 04:44 AM
Make no mistake, valanciunas is going to be a beast in a few years. In 4 years when he is 25 he will be a very good offensive player as well as a presence on defence.
As a raps fan it's frustrating to watch him sometimes because you forget he is so young still, but like last year he is playing great to end the season putting up great numbers despite very limited touches

RipCity32
04-15-2014, 08:37 AM
Thomas Robinson isn't that good, yet at least. He is super super raw. Drummond's rebounding is overrated there is just nobody else to grab boards and his team misses so many shots he has plenty of chances at offensive boards.

Lol, There's nobody else to grab rebounds. What about Monroe? Or Josh Smith. Plus Josh Smith hasn't played in like 5 games and Drummond is averaging around 20 rebounds per game since he's been out. Some peoples stupidity on this site.

alexander_37
04-15-2014, 10:54 AM
Lol, There's nobody else to grab rebounds. What about Monroe? Or Josh Smith. Plus Josh Smith hasn't played in like 5 games and Drummond is averaging around 20 rebounds per game since he's been out. Some peoples stupidity on this site.

So losing a rebounder doesn't increase his total?

RipCity32
04-15-2014, 11:10 AM
So losing a rebounder doesn't increase his total?

No, Losing the chucker that you claim is the reason why Drummond gets rebounds has been out and Drummond is averaging around 20 rebounds while hes out. Drummond still leads the second place offensive rebounder by over 100+ rebounds. Thats a bigger gap than the one between 2nd and 10th. Drummond has been tenacious on the glass since day one.

MonroeFAN
04-15-2014, 11:29 AM
And here comes the convenient no-response.

koreancabbage
04-15-2014, 12:14 PM
Ross numbers are no where near impressive to be in the top 5. He has been highly inconsistent.

I think the list is fine. would put Lillard over Drummond and Val over Jones. I wasn't looking to closely at the bottom of the list.

agreed.

koreancabbage
04-15-2014, 12:17 PM
No, Losing the chucker that you claim is the reason why Drummond gets rebounds has been out and Drummond is averaging around 20 rebounds while hes out. Drummond still leads the second place offensive rebounder by over 100+ rebounds. Thats a bigger gap than the one between 2nd and 10th. Drummond has been tenacious on the glass since day one.

love that game when he got 26/26 wow. quite impressive.

mightybosstone
04-15-2014, 01:21 PM
I see Raptors fans giving a ton of love to Ross. Am I missing something? He's about as inconsistent a scorer as there is in the league, and it's not like he does much else well.

As for Valanciunas over Jones, I think it could go either way. I'll admit I haven't seen Valanciunas play much, but the few Raptors games I have seen this season, he seems very skilled. I'd give Valanciunas an edge in rebounding and offensive post prowess, but a major edge to Jones in terms of athleticism, passing and overall offensive versatility. I think Jones ultimately has the higher ceiling, because he does pretty much everything well at times, and if he ever fine tunes those rough edges, he could be one of the most well rounded players in the NBA. I think he could be a more athletic version of Paul Millsap.

valade16
04-15-2014, 01:50 PM

Really? I can’t think of a frontcourt where it would be harder to grab rebounds on than Detroit…

ScottFromCanada
04-15-2014, 04:05 PM

no, he shouldn't.

Davis
Drummond
Lillard
Beal
Jones

ScottFromCanada
04-15-2014, 04:06 PM
I see Raptors fans giving a ton of love to Ross. Am I missing something? He's about as inconsistent a scorer as there is in the league, and it's not like he does much else well.

As for Valanciunas over Jones, I think it could go either way. I'll admit I haven't seen Valanciunas play much, but the few Raptors games I have seen this season, he seems very skilled. I'd give Valanciunas an edge in rebounding and offensive post prowess, but a major edge to Jones in terms of athleticism, passing and overall offensive versatility. I think Jones ultimately has the higher ceiling, because he does pretty much everything well at times, and if he ever fine tunes those rough edges, he could be one of the most well rounded players in the NBA. I think he could be a more athletic version of Paul Millsap.

He's an excellent defender but he's very inconsistent so he's ranked about right.