PDA

View Full Version : If the 2013 Finals was the Thunder vs Heat, Who Wins?

RocketLoc80
04-10-2014, 06:35 PM
If it was the Thunder vs Heat again last year who wins this match up well who would`ve won anyway?

kobe4thewinbang
04-10-2014, 06:41 PM
If it was the Thunder vs Heat again last year who wins this match up well who would`ve won anyway?Without Russell Westbrook, the Heat would likely sweep the Thunder, given that OKC only won a single game when they actually faced off with Westbrook. OKC struggled to beat Houston and couldn't even beat Memphis.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2014, 04:55 AM
The thunder win 4-1

stawka
04-11-2014, 05:26 AM
The thunder win 4-1

Delusionist strikes again

With Westbrook I say Heat in 6, without Westbrook I say Heat in 5

Delrayhc
04-11-2014, 08:08 AM
The thunder win 4-1

Instigating just like the child that you are.

Dade County
04-11-2014, 09:01 AM
If the Final was scripted (just like last year)... HEAT would win in 6 games.

If the HEAT/Lbj played real, they would win 4-0 or 4-1 (thats including the matchup between them and the Spurs too).

This HEAT team is just too good, they are scripted down to their competition... and i hope congress exposes this one day (in all of sports, not only basketball)

ManRam
04-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Without Westbrook the Heat win in less than 7.

San Antonio was better than OKC last year. Not sure why this is a thread.

mdm692
04-11-2014, 09:56 AM
No Westbrook so Heat.

therealwd27
04-11-2014, 10:09 AM
The thunder win 4-1

I know everyday your mom wishes she had swallowed

Hawkeye15
04-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Heat in 5-6. No Westbrook, and they would get a lesser opponent than the Spurs.

Chrisclover
04-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Op please add Westbrook to the lineup otherwise this thread is pointless.

P&GRealist
04-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Without Westbrook, and not to mention they lost Harden right before the season started...

Heat in a dominant sweep.

Quinnsanity
04-11-2014, 01:37 PM
If the Final was scripted (just like last year)... HEAT would win in 6 games.

If the HEAT/Lbj played real, they would win 4-0 or 4-1 (thats including the matchup between them and the Spurs too).

This HEAT team is just too good, they are scripted down to their competition... and i hope congress exposes this one day (in all of sports, not only basketball)

Wait wait wait, are we really just gonna let this pass? You realize the Heat came one incredible three away from losing the series right? ****ing moron.

tredigs
04-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Wait wait wait, are we really just gonna let this pass? You realize the Heat came one incredible three away from losing the series right? ****ing moron.

But but... the offensive board and last ditch 3 was all part of The Master Script!

jerellh528
04-11-2014, 02:28 PM

I mean, the op asked a question. Illustionist answered. Although I don't agree with him, what is the point of the thread if everyone just says "heat in 5 or 6". He may truly believe Okc would win in 5. Give the guy a break lol

Delrayhc
04-11-2014, 02:40 PM

I mean, the op asked a question. Illustionist answered. Although I don't agree with him, what is the point of the thread if everyone just says "heat in 5 or 6". He may truly believe Okc would win in 5. Give the guy a break lol

Don't be naive. If you answered OKC in 5 it would be a different story because whenever you post your pretty rational even if you don't really care for the team or player your referring to. We all know why illusionist posts what he does so he will never get a break.

KnicksorBust
04-11-2014, 02:48 PM
Without Westbrook the Heat win in less than 7.

San Antonio was better than OKC last year. Not sure why this is a thread.

This. I don't understand what logic anyone could use to justify OKC over Miami last year.

tredigs
04-11-2014, 03:02 PM
This. I don't understand what logic anyone could use to justify OKC over Miami last year.

Without Westbrook, no. But with him it's obviously a real argument. They had the top SRS throughout the regular season as well as the #1 offense and #4 D. With a 24/25 year old battle tested KD/Ibaka/Westbrook and no Harden to stink up the finals on high usage like he did the last time they matched up, I'd have had them slightly favored going into the finals. And I don't think SAS can beat OKC in a 7 game series, so that probably would have been the matchup.

koreancabbage
04-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Without Westbrook, no. But with him it's obviously a real argument. They had the top SRS throughout the regular season as well as the #1 offense and #4 D. With a 24/25 year old battle tested KD/Ibaka/Westbrook and no Harden to stink up the finals on high usage like he did the last time they matched up, I'd have had them slightly favored going into the finals. And I don't think SAS can beat OKC in a 7 game series, so that probably would have been the matchup.

exactly, but we are taking it as if OKC actually made the finals without Westbrook. so.... Miami would win.

tredigs
04-11-2014, 03:07 PM
exactly, but we are taking it as if OKC actually made the finals without Westbrook. so.... Miami would win.

Are we? It's a fairytale scenario so I'm assuming full health. OP was not clear.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2014, 06:23 PM
With westy the thunder win in 5, without the Heat win in 6. Stop crying Heat fans.

5ass
04-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Dellusionist the pathetic

ManRam
04-11-2014, 06:29 PM

I think the best way to answer the question of "with Westy, could the Thunder have beaten Miami last year" is to let this year play out and hope we get that match up. Not identical, but at least it's not merely hypothetical/pointless.

therealwd27
04-11-2014, 06:56 PM

This.

EL_MACHETE
04-11-2014, 07:43 PM
Okc in 7

Dade County
04-11-2014, 11:13 PM

It never would have gotten to that point, if the HEAT/Lbj were playing at the level they are capable of.

Lbj played with fire/stern, and stern almost pulled the wool over his eyes, in game 6.

But but... the offensive board and last ditch 3 was all part of The Master Script!

No that ray shot wasn't scripted, but the events that lead up to that point (spurs up in the series), and there even being a game 6, was scripted.

The Spurs are an awesome team, and I love their ball movement... It's just Lbj and Wade being on the same team, with the cast that Pat put around them, was just too much; so the league stepped in and started scripting things out.

Drama against the bulls in their first regular season together... Bosh quote on quote injury against the Pacers, scripting a game 7 series against the C's... on and on.

FlashBolt
04-12-2014, 09:46 AM
They wouldn't even win this year because Miami are a bad matchup for them. Truth be told, my team would lose to Miami. I would much rather play against Pacers but it's going to be tough getting past the West this year. LAC/SAS are going to go the distance.

Delrayhc
04-12-2014, 09:56 AM
With westy the thunder win in 5, without the Heat win in 6. Stop crying Heat fans.

Seems as if your getting a bit defensive about being called a instigator. You will grow up one day.

RandomGaminCrew
04-12-2014, 06:08 PM
The Heat because they are the best dynasty of all time.