PDA

View Full Version : 7 foot 5 highschool junior

NYKNYGNYY
04-10-2014, 06:01 PM
This kid should be dominating but apparently he's only averaging 1.3 blocks lol... I was just at a loss for words watching him if he bulks up he'll be a number 1 pick in 3-4 years lol

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-CThQskBM

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/this-7-foot-5-high-school-basketball-player-isnt-very-good-at-basketball/

Any thoughts lol

BoSox47
04-10-2014, 06:06 PM
Missed the opening tip off.

NYJ - NYY
04-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Feeeeed him!!!!!

NYKNYGNYY
04-10-2014, 06:16 PM
Dude prob dosnt even weigh 200 lol imagine he gained bulk ... He's only 16-17 give him some time

tredigs
04-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Hakeem and Manute Bol had a baby?

tredigs
04-10-2014, 06:19 PM
He's terrible... but huge. So if he can stay healthy he'll make the NBA by default.

archdevil84
04-10-2014, 06:25 PM
man, being that tall must be a curse. I'm 6'7 and in holland i'm very tall compared to most people but imagine being 7'5!!! Thats just not fun anymore

FraziersKnicks
04-10-2014, 06:31 PM
I love the fact some of the highlights were missing the opening tip, missing a free throw and missing a putback dunk. Guy is garbage but huge. His game won't develop because he's just gonna rely on his size until he comes up against decent competition.

FraziersKnicks
04-10-2014, 06:32 PM
He ain't no Thon Maker that's for sure

tredigs
04-10-2014, 06:32 PM
man, being that tall must be a curse. I'm 6'7 and in holland i'm very tall compared to most people but imagine being 7'5!!! Thats just not fun anymore

Which is saying something since the Dutch have the tallest people by a decent margin. But yeah, I do not envy this man. Even basketball can't be that fun for him yet. He just clogs the paint and shoots layups or dunks against kids half his size. No moves or the coordination to attempt moves yet.

MrfadeawayJB
04-10-2014, 11:28 PM
Hate to high jack your thread, but this 7"5 beast puts yours to shame

http://youtu.be/AURnnpiGOxs

He also has a better name :laugh:

NYKNYGNYY
04-10-2014, 11:42 PM

The link u posted came up as the same guy idk if it just came in wrong

Jeffy25
04-10-2014, 11:45 PM
Seems really unathletic....but he's so young, that that is probably because he isn't used to his size yet.

Gain some weight, keep working at it, and the NBA will give him a shot.

Jeffy25
04-10-2014, 11:48 PM

averaging 11.1 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.3 blocks for the Lions (11-15) this winter.

But has a 7 year old brother that is 5'9....wtf

DillyDill
04-10-2014, 11:51 PM
OMG imagine if he had post moves!! I hope he gets with a superb Big Man coach because he can be unstoppable with the right development.

5ass
04-11-2014, 12:02 AM
If I was going to guess, to it seems he's lacking in IQ. I don't know, I'm judging him way prematurely, but IMO eventually he will lack the IQ to become a great post scorer.

NYKNYGNYY
04-11-2014, 12:02 AM
He should work with keem if he had the money but Jeffy is right prob not used to his size... If he gets muscle he can be a top notch player... But he'd prob be injury prone

NBA_Starter
04-11-2014, 12:37 AM
What a monster!

NYKNYGNYY
04-11-2014, 01:25 AM
If I was going to guess, to it seems he's lacking in IQ. I don't know, I'm judging him way prematurely, but IMO eventually he will lack the IQ to become a great post scorer.

I agree b

ackar
04-11-2014, 01:54 AM
Funny thing is he probably doesn't want to play basketball. When high school and that tall it almost indenture servitude.

JWorthy42
04-11-2014, 01:59 AM
He plays for UC Irvine.

http://ucirvinesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/2013-14/bios/ndiaye_mamadou_vy9a

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/67147/mamadou-ndiaye

He sucks, lol.

Iron24th
04-11-2014, 03:44 AM
OMG imagine if he had post moves!! I hope he gets with a superb Big Man coach because he can be unstoppable with the right development.

like shawn bradley?

*Superman*
04-11-2014, 05:00 AM
LMFAO that's so unfair. They guy has a poster every time he gets the ball.

Kyben36
04-11-2014, 05:30 AM
when will people get that tall doesnt = good, you cant teach height, but you also cant teach work ethlic, see Joakim NOah.

there have been plenty of tall players who havnt worked out, if he is only averaging a block and a half, there is something wrong. maybe he will improve. but he is a HS Senrior already.

Kyben36
04-11-2014, 05:32 AM
BTW, how does a 7'5 beast loose a jump ball to a 6'1 guard

torocan
04-11-2014, 07:36 AM

The kid has only been playing organized basketball for 4 years. He was literally recruited out of a gym pick up game in Senegal. I'd say he's playing pretty well for not having played organized basketball from a very young age.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/03/01/kcbskcals-kristine-leahy-introduces-you-to-the-countrys-tallest-basketball-player-mamadou-ndiaye/

And it sounds like the kid has a pretty decent work ethic. He talks a lot about improving his skills because he doesn't want to let anyone down as he was directly recruited to the US for basketball and adopted by a American family.

"OK, if you just see me for, like, the first time, what are you thinking?" he asks later.

Before a response is offered, the 20-year-old Senegal native interjects to answer his own question.

"A basketball player, exactly," he says. "They think you're good, and people expect that. So you have to push yourself. Do anything you can. Sometimes, the people will come from far away, and you don't play great. You're going to make yourself sad, or you feel bad. I don't want these things to happen to me. I just want to be good, because people see and expect, 'Oh, he's good.' I don't want that, to let them down."

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/67717370/uc-irvine-7-foot-6-center-mamadou-ndiaye-discusses-challenges

The kid is now 20 years old. Give him time to work out the kinks and we'll see how it goes.

DillyDill
04-11-2014, 10:42 AM
like shawn bradley?

Lol truuuueee, but at worst he can be an imposing prescene in the paint on D.

1-800-STFU
04-11-2014, 10:46 AM
His knees will explode by the time he's 25

Chairman Mao
04-11-2014, 03:01 PM
I swear I've heard of a Mamadou N'diaye in the NBA before

torocan
04-11-2014, 03:18 PM
I swear I've heard of a Mamadou N'diaye in the NBA before

You did. It's not an uncommon name ala John Smith. Not that common, but you get what I mean.

Auseranami
04-11-2014, 03:38 PM
He looks uncoordinated, definitely not used to his height yet. That tip that he lost, it looked like he thought it would be thrown higher. If he doesn't get a good coach soon though, that size will go to waste. I bet mchale and Hakeem would be more than happy to teach him post moves. Regarding his 1.3 blocks per game, I doubt he gets that many opportunities to make a block because players don't go inside when he's there. I know if I were under 6' playing against a 7'5 guy, I wouldn't try very many lay ups lol.

SeoulBeatz
04-11-2014, 04:39 PM
when will people get that tall doesnt = good, you cant teach height, but you also cant teach work ethlic, see Joakim NOah.

there have been plenty of tall players who havnt worked out, if he is only averaging a block and a half, there is something wrong. maybe he will improve. but he is a HS Senrior already.

Completely agree. I'm thinking of Kenny George and that other 7'8" British guy who Yahoo was hyping up a couple years ago.

Just because you're 7' 5"+ doesn't mean you're going to the NBA.

Guys that height often run into severe leg/foot problems down the road. And like you said... 1.5 blocks at that height in H.S? Inexcusable. Really points to a lack of awareness or mobility, or both.

Deception
04-11-2014, 06:18 PM
Hasheem Thabeet.

Deception
04-11-2014, 06:23 PM
It looks similar to me playing against 5th graders, he's so much taller then everyone that he just sits in the paint and waits for a pass, but there's no way in hell this guy does much outside of HS.

smith&wesson
04-11-2014, 06:53 PM
he is very young, he has lots of time to work on his game.

bleedprple&gold
04-11-2014, 08:17 PM

Completely agree. I'm thinking of Kenny George and that other 7'8" British guy who Yahoo was hyping up a couple years ago.

Just because you're 7' 5"+ doesn't mean you're going to the NBA.

Guys that height often run into severe leg/foot problems down the road. And like you said... 1.5 blocks at that height in H.S? Inexcusable. Really points to a lack of awareness or mobility, or both.

Exactly. I think there comes a point where being that tall is a detriment more than an advantage. I think the human body is just not meant to grow that tall. These guys must have some type of thyroid problem or something to grow that tall. They seem to have no coordination or athletic ability. Just big stiffs. This guy will never get closer to sniffing the nba if he's not dominating in high school at that height.

freejimmer
04-12-2014, 12:23 AM
He dunk real good.

He have it all.

Nike sign him.

Silver promote him.

Monta friend him.

Chrisclover
04-12-2014, 01:35 AM
Tower.

PowerHouse
04-12-2014, 02:21 AM
This kid should be dominating but apparently he's only averaging 1.3 blocks lol... I was just at a loss for words watching him if he bulks up he'll be a number 1 pick in 3-4 years lol

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-CThQskBM

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/this-7-foot-5-high-school-basketball-player-isnt-very-good-at-basketball/

Any thoughts lol

I dont think the world is ready for another Manut Bol or Hasheem Thabeet. Its too soon. Much too soon.

mightybosstone
04-12-2014, 09:40 AM
Am I the only one who noticed that the two links OP posted were of two completely different players? The first one was from 2012, a player who is now in the NCAA and plays for UC Irvine. The second was some kid who goes by "Taco," was filmed in 2014 and clearly is not the same person. These two links are clearly unrelated.

Trwood12
04-12-2014, 01:39 PM
You don't really need a wide skill set in high school when you only have to get a couple inches off of the ground to dunk it. If he develops his skills he could be a monster in college.

True Sports Fan
04-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Damn I wish I was 7'5 lol.

Sssmush
04-12-2014, 05:11 PM
that guy looks really solid and athletic. I was expecting to see some kind of Manute Bol / Shawn Bradley weirdo, but that guy looks kind of awesome. He's like a 7'5" Lawrence Taylor or something. LoL though it looks like he's playing against 5th graders though

Ezekial
04-12-2014, 05:25 PM
You're about a foot taller than me :sigh:

RandomGaminCrew
04-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Well I'm 7'6

NoahH
04-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Dude prob dosnt even weigh 200 lol imagine he gained bulk ... He's only 16-17 give him some time

He's actually 20 years old and hes garbage

NoahH
04-13-2014, 01:53 PM
Furthermore, I'm not sure people realize this video is over 2 years old and this player goes to UC Irvine and just finished out his freshman year with 8ppg 6rpg and 3bpg averages. Go google his name instead of just relying on the OP who posted a video that I watched literally 2 years ago.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/67147/mamadou-ndiaye

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Mamadou-Ndiaye-7107/

Trwood12
04-13-2014, 09:00 PM
It looks similar to me playing against 5th graders, he's so much taller then everyone that he just sits in the paint and waits for a pass, but there's no way in hell this guy does much outside of HS.

Why not? He has tons of time to get used to his height and refine his skills. Shaq was almost 7 feet his freshman year of high school and he couldn't even dunk.

Deception
04-13-2014, 09:55 PM
Why not? He has tons of time to get used to his height and refine his skills. Shaq was almost 7 feet his freshman year of high school and he couldn't even dunk.

Because it's not just one area where he needs work, it's everywhere except height. His hand eye coordination looks like a toddlers, his defensive instincts are obviously crap if he can't block more than 1 shot a game against high schoolers who are maybe 6 foot. He's a Junior in high school, most kids are putting up great mix tapes of their season for scouts, his just looks like a blooper reel.

Trwood12
04-13-2014, 09:59 PM
Because it's not just one area where he needs work, it's everywhere except height. His hand eye coordination looks like a toddlers, his defensive instincts are obviously crap if he can't block more than 1 shot a game against high schoolers who are maybe 6 foot. He's a Junior in high school, most kids are putting up great mix tapes of their season for scouts, his just looks like a blooper reel.

He is probably getting used to his height. It's not like he's been that tall for very long and I would imagine that it's difficult having such a high center of gravity. If he really wants to go somewhere he will work over the summer and kill it senior year. I'm not saying he will. I'm just saying that you can't be so absolute that he will go nowhere.

Deception
04-13-2014, 10:00 PM
He is probably getting used to his height. It's not like he's been that tall for very long and I would imagine that it's difficult having such a high center of gravity. If he really wants to go somewhere he will work over the summer and kill it senior year. I'm not saying he will. I'm just saying that you can't be so absolute that he will go nowhere.

Right I didn't say it was impossible, but my money is that he won't. I'm sure some team will take a flier on him and hope he improves.

Trueblue2
04-13-2014, 11:55 PM
Thon Maker > this kid