PDA

View Full Version : Mike Conley's contract

arlubas
04-10-2014, 07:20 AM
I remember a few years ago when Conley signed his 40 mil/5 yrs contract and the majority of NBA fans were saying that the Grizz were gonna regret this move and that they overpayed. Seeing his progression from season to season though I have to say, he has totally justified the ammount he's getting paid. Easily one of the most under appreciated guys in the league atm.

Do you think Mike Conley has lived up to his salary so far and what's your guess for his next contract money wise?

I Rock Shaqs
04-10-2014, 07:44 AM
I remember a few years ago when Conley signed his 40 mil/5 yrs contract and the majority of NBA fans were saying that the Grizz were gonna regret this move and that they overpaid. Seeing his progression from season to season though I have to say, he has totally justified the amount he's getting paid. Easily one of the most under appreciated guys in the league atm.

Do you think Mike Conley has lived up to his salary so far and what's your guess for his next contract money wise?

Nope still overpaid.

Hawkeye15
04-10-2014, 08:29 AM
at the time, I thought it was a reach, but it has become a bargain. $8 million a year for a guard as good as Conley is a very good deal.

jp611
04-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Great deal really.

It was a risk at first, because no one knew Conley would become as good as he has.

Walt
04-10-2014, 09:25 AM
One of the most unnoticed players in the league. You NEVER hear about him.

GiantsSwaGG
04-10-2014, 09:55 AM
It was still stupid, they could of signed him for a cheaper deal!

NoahH
04-10-2014, 11:18 AM
At the time it he was overpaid, but now he has lived up to his contract. In hindsight tho at the time he was overpaid so if Memphis was able to sign him for something more like 30mill for 5 years it would have been even better for them. They overpaid at the time and now that he's a fringe-allstar doesnt mean he wasnt overpaid to begin with

Im reiterating though that he has definitely lived up to the contract tho.

AddiX
04-10-2014, 11:23 AM
One of my favorite players in the NBA. The guy flat out knows how to play.

MrfadeawayJB
04-10-2014, 01:54 PM
We got a good deal with him. He is such a steady, consistently good player and a huge part of grizz success. His next contract will prob be around 9-10 mil annually

king4day
04-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Def worth the contract. If he was a Free Agent this offseason he'd probably get about the same.

Stunner
04-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Nothing beats that Curry deal

kobe4thewinbang
04-10-2014, 04:35 PM
How good is Conley, though? I mean, really?
Can someone break down his game for me?

sunsfan88
04-10-2014, 04:56 PM
He's very good. A good shooter, quick and good at driving, can pass well and is a very good defender.

kobe4thewinbang
04-10-2014, 06:45 PM
He's very good. A good shooter, quick and good at driving, can pass well and is a very good defender.Should he be a superstar by this point, or does he not have that kind of mentality?

flea
04-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Good player, underrated, and worth his contract. He's better than a lot of PGs that get more love on PSD, at least.

IndyRealist
04-10-2014, 09:05 PM
How good is Conley, though? I mean, really?
Can someone break down his game for me?

He is borderline great at defense, and good at everything else. If he has holes in his game, it is very minor. A very well rounded mid-usage player.

I will say this, most of people here who bash advanced statistics don't realize that Conley is the exact kind of guy that they pick out. Several metrics had him as significantly underrated when he signed his deal. So yes, there were people who knew he was going to be this good.

Blitzbolt
04-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Conley has always been worth it his first few seasons were bad because of the players he had around him and because he was super young.But you could easily see his improvement every year we even traded Lowry because of it.

NBA_Starter
04-11-2014, 01:10 AM
It seems like a fair deal now.

Deception
04-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Should he be a superstar by this point, or does he not have that kind of mentality?

Superstars can have the offense ran through them, where as I don't see Conley as the player to be the focal point of an offense. He's a great player and for his 8 mill a year, it's a great deal, especially with how teams tend to overpay players just to sign them.