PDA

View Full Version : Just In Case Anyone Missed It: Video Of Mats Winning The Steven McDonald Award

SLY WILLIAMS
04-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Mats Wins Big Award (http://video.rangers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=598082)

bsi
04-09-2014, 06:26 PM
Hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as our previous winners...the only one thats left is Hank...Cally, Dubi, Prust all gone.

SLY WILLIAMS
04-09-2014, 10:27 PM
They all go sooner or later. Thats the nature of the business but Cally, Lundy, Prust and Dubi played some good years before and after the award. Cally won the award multiple times.

bsi
04-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Ya..hopefully his contract demands are reasonable this summer, hasn't been a problem with him yet so I am optimistic.

MJL80
04-10-2014, 10:28 AM
In an interview during the intermission on Tuesday, they said it came down to Zucc & McD.... I'd say it's a safe bet to say McD gets it next year

Redfish
04-10-2014, 11:29 AM
In an interview during the intermission on Tuesday, they said it came down to Zucc & McD.... I'd say it's a safe bet to say McD gets it next year

Speaking of McDonagh, and on a somewhat unrelated topic, I was glad to see Nash comment publicly a few weeks back that he thought McDonagh should be the next team captain. Seems like the perfect choice that both veterans and younger players can respect and support based on on-ice effort/performance alone.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/rick-nash-calls-ryan-mcdonagh-leading-candidate-succeed-ryan-callahan-ny-rangers-captain-blog-entry-1.1733524

SLY WILLIAMS
04-10-2014, 12:35 PM
I think Mats definitely deserved this award but what is even better is how his teammates reacted. They liked that he won. They joked with him a bit. Hank seemed really happy. I know Hags and Mats are like best friends. I'm not in the locker room but I always got the feeling that they really enjoy having Mats in that lockerroom based on comments from various players the last 3 years.

As far as McD goes I could see him winning the team MVP. Also Bob Mckensie said today in an informal poll of 16 coaches he had McD in the top 4-7 in the Norris voting.

nyr2002nyr
04-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Speaking of McDonagh, and on a somewhat unrelated topic, I was glad to see Nash comment publicly a few weeks back that he thought McDonagh should be the next team captain. Seems like the perfect choice that both veterans and younger players can respect and support based on on-ice effort/performance alone.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/rick-nash-calls-ryan-mcdonagh-leading-candidate-succeed-ryan-callahan-ny-rangers-captain-blog-entry-1.1733524

Yeah when we talked about this weeks ago he was my hands down choice....That being said it was going to have to be for next year you cant bypass anyone during the season

IAmARanger18
04-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Well deserved for our boy Zucc, eh, Sly?! So happy for him and the success he is having. Hope he carries it into the second part of the season!

SLY WILLIAMS
04-10-2014, 01:55 PM
Well deserved for our boy Zucc, eh, Sly?! So happy for him and the success he is having. Hope he carries it into the second part of the season!

I would say it is very well deserved this season. I think it is good for him personally, good for the team and good for the fans. I'm happy for him. :)

Redfish
04-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Yeah, Zuccarello is is being rewarded for his hard work in recent years amidst some challenging conditions at times as well. What a joy it is to watch him compete, create and contribute to the team's success. This award meant a great deal to him, as it should, and it was nice to see he and Steven McDonald's son were talking on ice as if they were good buds.

Tonight is an interesting night of hockey, with our match on home ice vs an opponent that should present little challenge (hopefully); and the Flyers playing on the road in Tampa Bay. I would really like to see the Flyers lose the #3 slot to Columbus; and our 1st round matchup be against the Blue Jackets. There is a growing rivalry here that looks very ready to get elevated to a higher level and it would be a nice added element away from the Flyers & Caps, for example.

bsi
04-10-2014, 06:40 PM
Yeah, Zuccarello is is being rewarded for his hard work in recent years amidst some challenging conditions at times as well. What a joy it is to watch him compete, create and contribute to the team's success. This award meant a great deal to him, as it should, and it was nice to see he and Steven McDonald's son were talking on ice as if they were good buds.

Tonight is an interesting night of hockey, with our match on home ice vs an opponent that should present little challenge (hopefully); and the Flyers playing on the road in Tampa Bay. I would really like to see the Flyers lose the #3 slot to Columbus; and our 1st round matchup be against the Blue Jackets. There is a growing rivalry here that looks very ready to get elevated to a higher level and it would be a nice added element away from the Flyers & Caps, for example.

For some reason I would rather play Philly...Bobrovsky and Columbus' defense kinda scare me a bit compared to Philly.