PDA

View Full Version : Frank Vogel to sit all 5 Pacers starters vs. Bucks

JordansBulls
04-09-2014, 05:24 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/frank-vogel-will-sit-all-5-pacers-starters-against-bucks---the-most-important-thing-for-our-team-is-fixing-our-team-203418986.html

“The starters are not going to play tonight, all five of them,” Vogel said after shootaround. “We’re going to rest them and try to heal up some various bumps and bruises involved with all five guys.
“We’re not playing well as a basketball team right now and the starters aren’t playing well. Our bench is not playing well. We want to try to get the starters on track by getting their legs back under them and getting them healed up.”

goingfor28
04-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Interesting strategy

LAKobeBryant
04-09-2014, 05:36 PM
their bench is weak tho.... should just play starters limited mins since their only 0.5 from Miami and lead season series

sunsfan88
04-09-2014, 05:46 PM
I know most people will bash this move but I like what Vogel's been doing lately.

Stunner
04-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Lmao idiots

xxplayerxx23
04-09-2014, 06:18 PM
I know most people will bash this move but I like what Vogel's been doing lately.

Oh you do? The result is a downward spiral right before playoff time. It's so bad we can see any upset

P&GRealist
04-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Vogel has lost the team

hgtiger32
04-09-2014, 06:53 PM
They're playing the Bucks. I like their chances.

SteBO
04-09-2014, 07:04 PM
They're playing the Bucks. I like their chances.
Okay, but that Pacers' bench is nothing to write home about...

Donald Sloan/CJ Watson
Evan Turner
Chris Copeland
Luis Scola
Ian Mahimni

And honestly, with Indy struggling, a blowout win against the Bucks could help get the team going even a little bit. Believe it or not, Miami's the team that should be resting starters and it's not like they've been world beaters lately either....

MrfadeawayJB
04-09-2014, 07:16 PM
He might get fined for that

kdspurman
04-09-2014, 07:16 PM

Donald Sloan/CJ Watson
Evan Turner
Chris Copeland
Luis Scola
Ian Mahimni

And honestly, with Indy struggling, a blowout win against the Bucks could help get the team going even a little bit. Believe it or not, Miami's the team that should be resting starters and it's not like they've been world beaters lately either....

I have no clue why Spo hasn't rested Lebron more down the stretch.

hoosiercubsfan
04-09-2014, 07:19 PM
Oh you do? The result is a downward spiral right before playoff time. It's so bad we can see any upset

They are in a downward spiral with or without this move. To this point you have to figure that every other strategy has been tried. So why not at least eliminate the reason that they are tired from the equation? They all had the day off yesterday and only the backups really practiced today. With the starters only doing conditioning drills. So by the time practice starts tomorrow they should be about as rested as you could possibly be at this point in the season. Then they can start to prepare for Miami the only team they have played at least somewhat decent against.

hoosiercubsfan
04-09-2014, 07:24 PM

Donald Sloan/CJ Watson
Evan Turner
Chris Copeland
Luis Scola
Ian Mahimni

I am not going to lie to this point I am not even certain the starters could blow out the Bucks for as bad as they are playing. What happens if God forbid they actually got beat by the Bucks? I mean losing to Miami in Miami is one thing but losing to a horrible Bucks team would be horribly devastating you would think. Though with this Pacer team when you think they have hit bottom they just keep sinking.

At this point anyone in town that is even half way serious isn't even thinking about Miami. They are worried that they won't make it out of the first round let alone to the ECF.

bleedprple&gold
04-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Are the Pacers going to get fined for this? They should based on what happened tothe Spurs last year but probably won't because its against the Bucks.

NBA_Starter
04-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Yep, he's going to get fired.

hoosiercubsfan
04-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Yep, he's going to get fired.

This would not have been done without prior approval from Bird. Not saying he won't be potentially fired if they get bounced early. But for this action no he won't be fired.

BudGrant
04-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Bucks should rest all of there starters too.

hoosiercubsfan
04-09-2014, 09:09 PM

Just said on the broadcast that they asked for and got permission from the league office to sit all 5 starters.

Chrisclover
04-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Too bad Bucks are not Heat.

freejimmer
04-09-2014, 11:23 PM
Oh damn, genius move by Vogel. Back into first and message sent.

Indy still has a shot if they get home court.

MrfadeawayJB
04-09-2014, 11:24 PM
Wow Milwaukee is really that bad

bleedprple&gold
04-09-2014, 11:29 PM
Wow Milwaukee is really that bad

Yea really. I think that's the only team Vogel would have rest all his starters against and it worked out (barely).

sjbirds
04-10-2014, 12:01 AM
Pacers started imploding around the same time bynum got there. Is he really a team destroyer? haha

P&GRealist
04-10-2014, 12:08 AM
Funny how the Pacers have been sucking, and with 1 Heat Loss and they are back to being the 1 seed.

DreamShaker
04-10-2014, 01:14 AM
And....they still beat the Bucks!!!

Gibby
04-10-2014, 01:25 AM
Bucks really want to clinch the worst record. It would be funny if they get the 4th pick.

Asik's better
04-10-2014, 06:08 AM
People on this thread overreacted so much. It was a smart move by Vogel

Guppyfighter
04-10-2014, 06:11 AM
This thread is full of ignorance.

The starters asked him to be rested. They are tired.

Shlumpledink
04-10-2014, 08:25 AM
They are playing the bucks, the coachs could play against milwaukee and win. Milwaukee has been sleepwalking all year.

ManRam
04-10-2014, 09:36 AM
People on this thread overreacted so much. It was a smart move by Vogel

Agreed. They've all been complaining about fatigue and I'm sure a move like this would not be a unilateral decision. Just now scrolling thru the thread reading "he's gonna get fired for this" had me quite confused. This wasn't a big deal, neither before the fact of the matter or after it.

Trwood12
04-10-2014, 05:04 PM
Not only was this a huge "f_ck you " to the pacers starters, but it was also a huge "f_ck you" to the bucks.

hoosiercubsfan
04-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Not only was this a huge "f_ck you " to the pacers starters, but it was also a huge "f_ck you" to the bucks.

It wasn't a **** you to the starters at all. If the reports locally are true West and George went to Vogel and asked for the rest. And the Pacers got permission from the league office to rest all 5 last night. So if anything it is only a diss on the Bucks even though they almost beat them last night. But when you have only won 14 games in the season what more respect do you expect them to receive?