PDA

View Full Version : IF Miami gets bounced, who ends up winning the EC?

torocan
04-09-2014, 10:14 AM
Ok, personally I think Miami are the odds on favorites to win the East. However, stuff happens. Injuries, teams playing above their head, bad calls, take your pick.

IF Miami goes out in an upset, who do You think are the favorites to win the East and why?

And no, I didn't include the Knicks. Mathematically they are a long shot and then some to sneak in...

king4day
04-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Nets, Pacers, Bobcats in that order.

koreancabbage
04-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Raptors. Chris Webber said they they'll make the ECF =P hahaha

I just saw that on the Lakers/Houston game last night.

mightybosstone
04-09-2014, 11:05 AM
It's Indiana. I'll admit they're playing like crap right now, but they have a few games to turn this ship around, and they'll get a first round series against an inferior opponent to gain steam. I could be wrong, but I think people are putting way too much thought into their play as of late. When the playoffs actually start and these games start to matter, that will be a different basketball team. I still don't know that I'd take them over Miami in a seven-game series, but they're certainly the biggest threat to the Heat making their fourth straight finals, and anyone who suggests otherwise is kidding themselves.

chi-townlove1
04-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Man I hate dumb threads. Obviously Indiana. Too many people blowing this **** out of proportion. Watch them turn it up in the playoffs just as all great teams do. I.e. The Miami heat

Cal827
04-09-2014, 11:17 AM
The winner of the Raptors/Bobcats 2nd round match-up :D

lol never thought I would ever say that

Badluck33
04-09-2014, 11:23 AM
the pacers are playing like b-hole. Heat's biggest threat in East are Nets and Bulls.

sixer04fan
04-09-2014, 11:42 AM
I went with the Nets. Something just isn't right with Indy right now.

wizardsfan3
04-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Man I hate dumb threads. Obviously Indiana. Too many people blowing this **** out of proportion. Watch them turn it up in the playoffs just as all great teams do. I.e. The Miami heat

Exactly.

JC_
04-09-2014, 12:11 PM
I think Indiana will destroy any team they face in the playoffs that isn't the Heat. I'm hoping the Raptors can do some damage but we have no idea how they are going to handle the playoff atmosphere.

ATX
04-09-2014, 12:32 PM
I think Indiana and then as a long shot Brooklyn. No one else has a chance imo.

Stinkyoutsider
04-09-2014, 12:41 PM
I would like to say my Bulls could do it but I believe the Pacers will come out of the East if Miami slips up...

The Pacers don't look entirely focused on the big picture late this regular season. All sorts of headlines are floating around about different things happing both on and off the court. But, I think the playoffs will solve all these issues for them and get their focus back on winning imo.

I think the Pacers know how good they are and can't wait until the playoffs start. David West will really have to step up and lead the team vocally if they continue their trend in the first round.

airforceones25
04-09-2014, 12:50 PM
If Miami gets bounced early the nba will move one of the top teams in the west into the east bracket so at least they can have a competive nba finals :p lol

Pierzynski4Prez
04-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Whoever beats Miami is likely the team heading to the Finals.

Jamiecballer
04-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Ok, personally I think Miami are the odds on favorites to win the East. However, stuff happens. Injuries, teams playing above their head, bad calls, take your pick.

IF Miami goes out in an upset, who do You think are the favorites to win the East and why?

And no, I didn't include the Knicks. Mathematically they are a long shot and then some to sneak in...

well not the favorites but i'll go with Raptors as the team i think that would most likely pull it off.

SMH!
04-09-2014, 01:11 PM
Exactly.

Mhm

P&GRealist
04-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Lol they're not gonna get bounced.

goingfor28
04-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Go Bobcats!

krazylegz
04-09-2014, 05:32 PM
if grass wasnt green what color do you think it would be?

torocan
04-09-2014, 05:37 PM
Lol they're not gonna get bounced.

Yes, because nothing could ever, ever, ever happen to the Heat. :crazy:

Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook and countless other players over the years would disagree.

It's a hypothetical discussion. If you don't like it, then nobody is forcing you to participate.

3RDASYSTEM
04-09-2014, 05:54 PM
if grass wasnt green what color do you think it would be?

white

P&GRealist
04-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Yes, because nothing could ever, ever, ever happen to the Heat. :crazy:

Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook and countless other players over the years would disagree.

It's a hypothetical discussion. If you don't like it, then nobody is forcing you to participate.

We will have plenty of "others will give them a run for their money and be competitive" moments, but no one will actually beat them.

Deal with it!

torocan
04-09-2014, 06:47 PM
We will have plenty of "others will give them a run for their money and be competitive" moments, but no one will actually beat them.

Deal with it!

Who said anyone was beating the Heat?

Do you intentionally NOT read the actual post or are you just reading impaired? The question was what IF the Heat ended up being bounced due to untimely injury, etc, then who takes it?

If you take Lebron off the Heat, the Heat is not much better than low end play off team unless you think a beat up Wade and Bosh is going to win a chip.

So, let's say Bosh and Lebron get injured and misses the play offs and the Heat get bounced in the first round. Who wins then?

Either participate or stay out. Take your "the H3@t iz numba Onez!!!" BS somewhere else.

Tony_Starks
04-09-2014, 07:43 PM
It shocks me to say this but I think MIA is going home early and Brooklyn might get to the finals...... yeah, Brooklyn.

NBA_Starter
04-09-2014, 07:48 PM
I think it is fair to say that it would be wide open then.

P&GRealist
04-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Who said anyone was beating the Heat?

Do you intentionally NOT read the actual post or are you just reading impaired? The question was what IF the Heat ended up being bounced due to untimely injury, etc, then who takes it?

If you take Lebron off the Heat, the Heat is not much better than low end play off team unless you think a beat up Wade and Bosh is going to win a chip.

So, let's say Bosh and Lebron get injured and misses the play offs and the Heat get bounced in the first round. Who wins then?

Either participate or stay out. Take your "the H3@t iz numba Onez!!!" BS somewhere else.

lol get over yourself toucan sam

P&GRealist
04-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Watch the Heat 3-peat

JUST WATCH!!!!!!

I will put my account on the line if that doesn't happen.

And when they do, all the haturz can eat dirt!

NYKnickFanatic
04-09-2014, 07:58 PM
People sleeping on the Bulls.

mightybosstone
04-09-2014, 08:16 PM
I cannot believe the vote is this close. Is everyone that delusional that they think bad basketball at the end of the season rules out the Pacers as the No. 2 best team in the conference? I assure you all that it doesn't. I'm not saying their bad play at the end of the season isn't relevant. But that Pacers team playing at 80% their best basketball is still better than every team in the West not named the Miami Heat. I would be legitimately surprised if the Pacers don't make the ECF.

ohreally
04-09-2014, 08:22 PM
People sleeping on the Bulls.

The Bulls are good, but if you play defense and can score in a variety of ways you should beat them in a series. That means there's a few teams that should beat them in the playoffs.

If Miami is out, whoever beat them probably has the edge. Given Indiana's play of late, they're a huge question mark. So that leaves Brooklyn, the Raps, or Charlotte as the possible benefiters.

EL_MACHETE
04-10-2014, 10:11 AM
With D-Rose coming back I'll go with Chicago

Trwood12
04-11-2014, 07:45 PM
The bulls or the nets have a decent chance

Asik's better
04-11-2014, 08:53 PM
It's anyone's game after the heat. Bulls, pacers, nets, raptors and even the bobcats are a chance. I would like to see either the raptors or bobcats make it.

3RDASYSTEM
04-11-2014, 09:29 PM

lets see here, if HEAT go out then PACERS own it record/team talent wise, if they go down then BKN/CHI have edge, CHAR/WASH are super longershots

Jamiecballer
04-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Toronto has been the best team in the East the last 3/4ths of the season I reckon it could be them although I won't be surprised to see Indiana get their **** together either.

BullySixChicago
04-12-2014, 11:18 AM
I like the Bulls vs Nets for the east title if Heat get eliminated. If the Bulls can maintain 3rd and the Nets 5th I can see the Bulls vs Pacers being a 6 games series and Nets vs Heat 6-7 games. Furthermore the Heat cant beat the Nets without Wade we know he is one dribble from being out for several games or the entire series.

effen5
04-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Toronto has been the best team in the East the last 3/4ths of the season I reckon it could be them although I won't be surprised to see Indiana get their **** together either.

Bulls just won 7 straight and 9 out of their last 10.

BullySixChicago
04-12-2014, 11:21 AM
I don't know what you expect from Rose coming back in such a high pressure series. You do remember that he was coming along very slow this season now you expect that he will be fully able to jump into the PO's with very little game experience and play up to his ability?

effen5
04-12-2014, 11:22 AM
And the pacers are extremely overrated right now.

Kyben36
04-12-2014, 11:36 AM
hmm, interesting question, im going to say the Nets have the best chance, think the vets pull it together for the playoffs, but i am going to give a shout out to the raptors. for some reason i think they could pull a few upsets.

KnicksorBust
04-12-2014, 11:37 AM
The amount of flip-flopping on this site is ridiculous. It's been Heat-Pacers since day 1 and it still is. The Heat will still go to the Finals and win the championship.

TheNumber37
04-12-2014, 11:43 AM
If the Knicks make the playoffs... first round upset.

lamzoka
04-12-2014, 11:44 AM
I don't see any "HEAT FANS" on this thread. lol

Back to the tittle.

Chicago, Nets.... Pacers will get bounce in the first rd

P&GRealist
04-12-2014, 11:44 AM
The amount of flip-flopping on this site is ridiculous. It's been Heat-Pacers since day 1 and it still is. The Heat will still go to the Finals and win the championship.

Yup

P&GRealist
04-12-2014, 11:47 AM
If the Knicks make the playoffs... first round upset.

They're not making the playoffs, and nor do they deserve to be in it. Too little too late. I was rooting for them, but they really ****ed the bed. They can go eat dirt. The most worthless bunch of guys in the NBA right now. Good for nothings.

Jamiecballer
04-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Bulls just won 7 straight and 9 out of their last 10.

Does this relate to what I've said in any way? I know the bulls are a strong team.