PDA

View Full Version : Are the Brooklyn Nets the Miami Heat's Kryptonite?

P&GRealist
04-09-2014, 01:29 AM
They swept the 2x defending champs 4-0, 3 of the 4 wins were 1 pt wins (so they showed that late game fortitude).

The Heat are an offensive juggernaut with the big 3 and the plethora of 3 pt shooters.

But in those 4 games, they were held to 94.3 PPG.

Look at the shooting percentages for each game for Miami:

1st game at BKN: 32-67 FGs (47.8%) and 7-14 3's (50%)

2nd game at BKN: 34-80 FGs (42.5%) and 6-23 3's (26.1%)

3rd game at MIA: 34-78 FGs (43.6%) and 9-27 3's (33.3%)

4th game at MIA: 33-69 FGs (47.8%) and 7-24 3's (29.2%)

Combined: 133-294 (45.2%) and 29-88 3s (33.0%)

For the Season, the Heat's shooting percentages:

102.8 PPG

FGs: 50.3%
3s: 36.4%

effen5
04-09-2014, 01:33 AM
Wasn't there a thread like this with the exact same thread title?

Rndy
04-09-2014, 01:35 AM
Wait till the playoffs at this point I can't believe people still make threads like this about the Heat. Nets aren't the first team and won't be the last team to beat Champions during the regular season only to lose in the playoffs if they even make it to Miami.

Nick O
04-09-2014, 01:36 AM
no. Heat are gonna win the East.. not a Heat fan its just whats gonna happen. Indy fell apart. no one can compete with them. Playoff miami isnt regular season miami. i could maybe see em taking them to six. but then again the nets will probably be the 5 seed. they cant win on the road. i dont even see them beating chicago or Toronto whichever they face

goingfor28
04-09-2014, 01:43 AM
We will find out in Rd 2

IversonIsKrazy
04-09-2014, 02:34 AM
I believe Bulls swept Miami in season-series in 2011 as well, and then lost 4-1 in playoffs to them in ECF

WOwolfOL
04-09-2014, 03:02 AM
I believe Bulls swept Miami in season-series in 2011 as well, and then lost 4-1 in playoffs to them in ECF

With HCA

elledaddy
04-09-2014, 03:06 AM
We will find out in Rd 2

wow you just gave them the series vs Chicago like its a given?

But to the OP, in fairness to Miami, D Wade only played vs Brooklyn 1 out of the 4 games. Dont think he miss 75% of a playoff series.

P&GRealist
04-09-2014, 03:15 AM
wow you just gave them the series vs Chicago like its a given?

But to the OP, in fairness to Miami, D Wade only played vs Brooklyn 1 out of the 4 games. Dont think he miss 75% of a playoff series.

kg's defense and championship veteran leadership was also missing the last 2 games against Miami

Ebbs
04-09-2014, 03:33 AM
Someone made this exact same thread last year about the Pacers.

amos1er
04-09-2014, 03:42 AM
Nice thread title. Though I do recall someone starting a thread called "Is Westbrook Durant's Kryptonite". Oh ya, it was me. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... I'll take it as a complement.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?856041-Is-Westbrook-Durant-s-Kryptonite

On the topic at hand, it appears so. Hopefully, the Bulls overtake the Raptors for the three seed to they don't have to face Brooklyn in the first round. Then hopefully we can see a Miami / Nets Semi Finals. Could be very interesting...

amos1er
04-09-2014, 03:43 AM
Someone made this exact same thread last year about the Pacers.

Nice sig.

sunsfan88
04-09-2014, 03:50 AM
Miami is a whole different animal in the playoffs. Why do people still not realize it?

The Knicks swept the regular season series from them a couple years back and Miami smoked them in the playoffs that want year. Chicago has also swept the regular season series from Miami only to see the Heat humiliate and embarrass the Bulls in the playoffs.

The Heat coast in the regular season against teams that they think they will meet in the playoffs. Maybe it's to not give away their gameplan idk.

P&GRealist
04-09-2014, 04:14 AM
Nice thread title. Though I do recall someone starting a thread called "Is Westbrook Durant's Kryptonite". Oh ya, it was me. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... I'll take it as a complement.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?856041-Is-Westbrook-Durant-s-Kryptonite

On the topic at hand, it appears so. Hopefully, the Bulls overtake the Raptors for the three seed to they don't have to face Brooklyn in the first round. Then hopefully we can see a Miami / Nets Semi Finals. Could be very interesting...

I didn't even know about that thread.
Ummm...

GOOD FOR YOU?!

Iron24th
04-09-2014, 06:06 AM
And suddenly the heat will beat them 4-1 in playoffs

amos1er
04-09-2014, 07:36 AM
I didn't even know about that thread.
Ummm...

GOOD FOR YOU?!

Ha... I'm just messing with ya. Don't take it personally. Just a funny coincidence thats all. Guess great minds think alike. :cool:

kdspurman
04-09-2014, 09:41 AM
i think they present the greatest challenge to Miami than any other team at this point. They're built differently than the Bulls team I've seen them compared to that swept Miami in the regular season, so I wouldn't use that as a comparison. Not to mention the mileage Miami has on them vs when they played the Bulls. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I want to see if/when they meet up how Brooklyn does with Chicago.

torocan
04-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Yah, I'm just not going to attach TOO much weight to the regular season when you're talking the 2x defending champs. That's like saying the Rockets are the Spurs kryptonite because they're up 3-0 in the series.

The Nets match up decently against the Heat.

The real question isn't whether the Nets are Miami's kryptonite, but whether Miami this year will be the same play off team we saw the last 3 years.

ATX
04-09-2014, 10:03 AM
The Nets have been playing very well since January and do present a challenge to Miami. The wear and tear could certainly be a factor for Miami in this years playoffs, as they attempt to make it to a fourth consectutive Finals. The playoffs are another animal though and a lot will depend on Wade's play/health during the playoff run.

Chrisclover
04-09-2014, 10:08 AM
Late game fortitude ?because they have more veterans.These old boys are going to tear the young chaps apart before they get washed up.

Chrisclover
04-09-2014, 10:10 AM
We will find out in Rd 2

If the Nets are healthy enough to survive in the 1st round.

BDawk4Prez
04-09-2014, 10:10 AM
I really want to see Brooklyn bounce them in the playoffs, given an opportunity to do so.

king4day
04-09-2014, 10:23 AM
I still see Miami getting to the finals but I believe BKN is the only team with a real shot against the Heat now (can't believe I'm saying that after how the season started).

Chrisclover
04-09-2014, 10:25 AM
You guys must be huge fans of Superman to use kryptonite .

ztilzer31
04-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Wasn't there a thread like this with the exact same thread title?

DoMeFavors last year. Tried to tell everyone that the Nets were "a regular season team" and that they were "built to beat the Heat".

bucketss
04-09-2014, 10:50 AM

lmao those two threads are not similar how is it imitation lmao!!!

and the nets are not gonna beat Toronto, keep sleeping on us.

JC_
04-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Yah, I'm just not going to attach TOO much weight to the regular season when you're talking the 2x defending champs. That's like saying the Rockets are the Spurs kryptonite because they're up 3-0 in the series.

The Nets match up decently against the Heat.

The real question isn't whether the Nets are Miami's kryptonite, but whether Miami this year will be the same play off team we saw the last 3 years.

I agree, the Heat have always found a way to win against these teams but will the Heat be the same team that we've seen the past couple of years? I still think that Indiana is the team to beat but Brooklyn has a lot of great players with a lot of playoff experience. I'd like to see an Indy vs Brooklyn series.

Crackadalic
04-09-2014, 11:03 AM
I think this heat team isn't as strong as the previous two title teams so I dont think it's a given that they will just swept through the east even though I still have them coming out of it this year

THE MTL
04-09-2014, 11:05 AM
LMAO, yeah thats what they said about the Bulls a few years ago

Chrisclover
04-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Lets bet. Anything else is bs.

D-Leethal
04-09-2014, 11:43 AM
I think Jason Kidd has had them figured out for awhile now.

ztilzer31
04-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Remember last year when Nets fans were saying they were going to shock people, and then they lost to the Bulls....

Yeah I don't buy it.

Stinkyoutsider
04-09-2014, 12:37 PM
The Nets are playing well at the right time and it looks like the coaching staff finally ironed out some of the issues defensively.

With that being said, the Heat are weak against no one (unfortunately). Playoff basketball suits them just fine for the most part. Tempo slows down and the Heat can focus on their strength defensively which is half court defending.

If the Nets (or anyone) can keep James and Wade out of the paint and have good disclipline and hustle on their rotations, I can see it being a very competitive series. I just don't know if any team has the fitness and desire to do it against the Heat for an entire series so if the Nets can catch a break and the Heat have a few off shooting nights from 3, then I can see them giving the Heat serious problems.

TrueFan420
04-09-2014, 01:33 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2022399-brooklyns-mason-plumlee-blocks-lebron-james-dunk-to-prevent-game-winner?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t2

Thought this was funny.

Nick O
04-09-2014, 01:42 PM
kg's defense and championship veteran leadership was also missing the last 2 games against Miami

KG hurts that team when hes on the floor. they are better without him

P&GRealist
04-09-2014, 02:04 PM
I personally think the loss of Mike Miller will have somewhat of an impact for Miami down the line.

leprechaun5
04-09-2014, 02:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

TheMightyHumph
04-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Remember last year when Nets fans were saying they were going to shock people, and then they lost to the Bulls....

That shocked me.

Kushed
04-09-2014, 06:33 PM
Brooklyn is garbage and if they meet in the playoffs I would almost guarantee a 4-0 or 4-1 series win by Miami.

This happens every year and its funny. The best team in the world plays a little poorly here and there.. people overreact... and then they forget how good they are when the games matter.

I think LeBron is going to show us a playoff performance unlike we've ever seen before. I think he's hungrier than ever. He doesn't show it. He doesn't need to. Because eventually he's just going to pounce and before you know it your team is headed home.

Trwood12
04-09-2014, 06:49 PM
To be fair LeBron got fouled at least twice on that dunk. And the "block" was a foul too. My point is, assuming LeBron made at least one of the free throws, it shouldn't have been a sweep.

SteBO
04-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Definitely not. But Brooklyn plays good defense and the way they move the ball at times is the method that bothers Miami's defense the most.

mrblisterdundee
04-09-2014, 07:36 PM
They could be. But Brooklyn has a struggle in just trying to beat Chicago in the first round.

JordansBulls
04-09-2014, 07:54 PM
I am sure that Lebron does not want any part of Mason Plumlee anymore. Not to mention Paul Pierce usually plays him to a standstill in some games.

ohreally
04-09-2014, 08:04 PM
To be fair LeBron got fouled at least twice on that dunk. And the "block" was a foul too. My point is, assuming LeBron made at least one of the free throws, it shouldn't have been a sweep.

OK, JJ fouled him as he drove, but really, that foul is not and should not be called in a game winning situation. It was inconsequential.

Where was another foul? Plumlee tipped the ball and hit Bron's hand after the balls squibbled away. If you can't touch a guy's hand you can't block a dunk attempt, ever. You can't block anything until after the ball is totally out of the shooter's hands. You can't force a jump ball.

That's dumbing the game down another few notches.

And if they did call a foul and Bron hit one of two , why does that mean the Nets wouldn't have swept them?

But even without a sweep, if Bron got the call because he's Bron, and he hit two shots and won the game, would that take significantly much away from the Nets? Could Miami be proud of that win?

Chicago is playing really well right now, so the Nets will have a tough first round, but this isn't last year's Nets. Chicago swept them in the regular season in 2011, but Chicago basically plays every game like it's the playoffs, so that's a different story. Miami is still going to have an overall officiating advantage, but the Nets definitely have the depth and makeup to give them a serious test. If they're not really up to that they probably still lose to Chicago anyway. But there's no good reason to say the Nets absolutely can't beat the Heat.

archdevil84
04-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Brooklyn is garbage and if they meet in the playoffs I would almost guarantee a 4-0 or 4-1 series win by Miami.

This happens every year and its funny. The best team in the world plays a little poorly here and there.. people overreact... and then they forget how good they are when the games matter.

I think LeBron is going to show us a playoff performance unlike we've ever seen before. I think he's hungrier than ever. He doesn't show it. He doesn't need to. Because eventually he's just going to pounce and before you know it your team is headed home.

I'm hoping lebron is keeping a secret and when the playoffs begin he will explode all of a sudden goes nuts the entire playoffs breaking team after team. Would be so awesome for both the fans and his legacy

ohreally
04-09-2014, 08:33 PM
I'm hoping lebron is keeping a secret and when the playoffs begin he will explode all of a sudden goes nuts the entire playoffs breaking team after team. Would be so awesome for both the fans and his legacy

I don't know, something about Bron's reaction to the block and answer about the Nets being a competitor shows me a crack in confidence that's deeper than I've seen in a while. False bravado is anathema in sport. I think Miami is ripe for the picking. Though it's still going to take a very good effort on the part of whatever team might beat them, I'm starting to think they don't make it to the finals.

kobe4thewinbang
04-09-2014, 08:37 PM
If this series happens, I could see the Nets pulling an upset. Miami is very emotional this season, and it's making them screw up. I mean, how could they not foul the Nets after the LBJ/Plumlee controversy? They're not focused. Wade's health is always the x-factor, along with KG for the Nets. It goes at least 6 games, and Nets win if Wade cannot play.

Chrisclover
04-09-2014, 10:29 PM
I am sure that Lebron does not want any part of Mason Plumlee anymore. Not to mention Paul Pierce usually plays him to a standstill in some games.

The feud between lbj and Pierce is entertaining.

Chrisclover
04-09-2014, 10:59 PM
If the Nets can keep healthy, especially Lopez, they are not so weak as people think.

BIG worm
04-09-2014, 11:19 PM
Yea, Brooklyn has beaten Miami, but they havent beat a playoff Miami team. Different animal. Its my belief that the Heat would make quick work of the Nets in a series.

TurboDEEZsmoke
04-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Why are the bulls so over looked? The bulls swept the heat a couple years ago in the regular season and lost in the playoffs against them 4-1. I think the bulls have much better playoff experience 2ns to miami.

P&GRealist
04-10-2014, 01:11 AM
If the Nets can keep healthy, especially Lopez, they are not so weak as people think.

Isn't Lopez OUT FOR SEASON ?

kobe4thewinbang
04-10-2014, 06:12 AM
I think the Heat having home court advantage in a potential series against the Nets will make the difference.

Chrisclover
04-10-2014, 06:22 AM

FlashBolt
04-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Lol. Bulls were 3-1 against Miami three seasons ago and do fairly well against them in the regular season. Playoff time came and they lost 4-1. Completely different game. Also, Miami lost by 1 in three of those games. All could've gone Miami's way just as well.

kdspurman
04-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Lol. Bulls were 3-1 against Miami three seasons ago and do fairly well against them in the regular season. Playoff time came and they lost 4-1. Completely different game. Also, Miami lost by 1 in three of those games. All could've gone Miami's way just as well.

Said it before, and while I agree the regular season matchup doesn't always dictate post season success, this Nets team shouldn't be compared to that Bulls team. That team was literally stop Derrick Rose and the team would struggle to score due to the lack of shooters or guys who could create with the ball.

This Nets team is not built that way, and they have several guys who can attack offensively and have enough guys they can throw on Lebron to give him different looks defensively.

I think it'd be a very entertaining match up that could go 6-7 possibly.

85BearsDefense
04-10-2014, 04:16 PM

thats a damn lie

CHANGO
04-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Said it before, and while I agree the regular season matchup doesn't always dictate post season success, this Nets team shouldn't be compared to that Bulls team. That team was literally stop Derrick Rose and the team would struggle to score due to the lack of shooters or guys who could create with the ball.

This Nets team is not built that way, and they have several guys who can attack offensively and have enough guys they can throw on Lebron to give him different looks defensively.

I think it'd be a very entertaining match up that could go 6-7 possibly.

Sure it can't be compared, but we can talk about the Celtics team too that same season, they swept the series against the HEAT 3-0 and then in the playoffs the HEAT won 4-1.

We can never make comparisons of different situations, but the pattern in both situations can tell us that the HEAT team plays differently in the playoffs.

ohreally
04-10-2014, 06:19 PM

It's the close ones that mean the most. Winning all the close games against a seasoned champion team shows that Brooklyn is poised and confident in their abilities. They believe. They're not trying to convince themselves.