PDA

View Full Version : David Lee out for the playoffs?

NoahH
04-07-2014, 11:42 PM
At face value, missing your all-star PF is bad news. But as many people remember in the playoffs last year when Lee went down the Warriors started to click.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24517971/david-lee-out-indefinitely-with-nerve-inflammation-could-miss-playoff-time

What are your thoughts?

mightybosstone
04-08-2014, 12:00 AM
I feel bad for Lee, because he's played so well the last two years only to get hurt and essentially miss the postseason. But as a Rockets fan, I'm no longer frightened of Golden State. The Warriors are still a damn good basketball team, but Lee was the one obvious mismatch they had against Houston. Without him, I can't envision Golden State beating Houston in a 7-game series. Then again, I don't think it will matter. Golden State will likely get the Clippers in the first round, and LA will win that series, especially with the Warriors missing Lee.

sunsfan88
04-08-2014, 12:12 AM
How long til Bogut gets injured too?

GS has the least reliable front court of all playoff teams in the West imo. They should have been expecting this so I'm sure they have a backup plan in place.

lajoie
04-08-2014, 12:25 AM
This is good news for GS.

Goose17
04-08-2014, 02:25 AM
I think he'll make it. But if he doesn't, that lineup with green at the PF is deadly. Jackson hasn't used it enough.

Although I am biased, obviously, I'm a Dubs fan plus Day day is my favourite Warrior right now.

goku
04-08-2014, 02:36 AM
not shocked with his injury history but It sucks hopefully he able to comeback but if he cant the warriors though might push a team 6-7 games will not get out the 1st round against a healthy Clips or Rockets team

Shlumpledink
04-08-2014, 02:40 AM
Dude is injury prone

tredigs
04-08-2014, 03:27 AM
Lee's got the "Injury Prone", "had to expect this to happen" label from you guys now?

Short memories. He's been a very reliable starter throughout his career. Before he went down in the playoffs last year he had missed like 20 total games in the previous 6 seasons. For a big, that's what you call a rock.

Regardless, our team happens to be built better with him out against more opponents than not, so this could be a blessing in disguise if true. It would be amazing if he would be OK taking a bench role next season; that's where we truly need him.

PurpleLynch
04-08-2014, 04:21 AM
Sad new for GS.Lee was awesome with them,what kind of lineup do you think will they use?

mightybosstone
04-08-2014, 09:32 AM
Lee's got the "Injury Prone", "had to expect this to happen" label from you guys now?

Short memories. He's been a very reliable starter throughout his career. Before he went down in the playoffs last year he had missed like 20 total games in the previous 6 seasons. For a big, that's what you call a rock.

Regardless, our team happens to be built better with him out against more opponents than not, so this could be a blessing in disguise if true. It would be amazing if he would be OK taking a bench role next season; that's where we truly need him.

I don't think he's injury prone. I just think he's been incredibly unlucky with the timing of his injuries. That being said, I think this has the potential to be a much bigger blow than Warriors fans make it out to be. Obviously the playoffs are more about matchups than anything, but I don't think a team with such an inconsistent offense like Golden State can afford to lose their No. 2 scorer and one of their only sources of post offense and expect to not skip a beat.

I hope the guy gets healthy in time for the playoffs, but if he's not, I honestly don't see Golden State getting past the first round. It will already be an uphill battle for them facing the Clippers or Rockets without HCA in the first round. Doing so without Lee would make it a difficult series far more difficult.

asandhu23
04-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Dude is injury prone

Nah. He doesn't like playoffs.

lajoie
04-08-2014, 10:50 AM
Nah. He doesn't like playoffs.

Or playing defense

SugeKnight
04-08-2014, 10:53 AM
If we play the Clippers we need David Lee. He always seems to get under Griffins skin and makes him work on defense.

If we play Houston, Lee's injury isn't as big of a deal. Jones killed him in one of their matchups this year. Draymond would help our defense, but the offense could become one dimensional.

Hope he gets back in time

mightybosstone
04-08-2014, 04:00 PM
If we play the Clippers we need David Lee. He always seems to get under Griffins skin and makes him work on defense.

If we play Houston, Lee's injury isn't as big of a deal. Jones killed him in one of their matchups this year. Draymond would help our defense, but the offense could become one dimensional.

Hope he gets back in time

I disagree completely. Lee is the one significant matchup advantage the Warriors have against Houston. He put up 28/14 and 23/10 in his last two matchups against the Rockets, and he's pretty much been their main offensive threat against Houston.

NBA_Starter
04-08-2014, 09:34 PM
I wish him a full recovery.

Ill21
04-08-2014, 09:49 PM
guy is so injury prone

DetroitBadBoy
04-08-2014, 09:54 PM
Is this dude ever healthy? He needs to take better care of his body.

kylem4711
04-08-2014, 10:27 PM
sucks for him. this will hurt them if the warrors play the clips. lee can score at will against griffin

goingfor28
04-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Oh well

freejimmer
04-08-2014, 10:48 PM
Warriors stand no chance, which was minimal even with him, at making it out of the west without him.

I hope he plays.

Goose17
04-09-2014, 02:18 AM
Warriors stand no chance, which was minimal even with him, at making it out of the west without him.

I hope he plays.

Lol. It feels like 2013 all over again :D

This is good, Warriors play their best as underdogs. More hate please! More doubt!

freejimmer
04-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Lol. It feels like 2013 all over again :D

This is good, Warriors play their best as underdogs. More hate please! More doubt!

Oh, please. David Lee is ranked 9th in the entire league in the +/- category. He is a huge piece of the puzzle and you guys stand no chance without him. Minimal even with him.

I know playing the underdog role is fun, but don't devalue Lee in the process.

moshy2
04-09-2014, 11:45 PM
I'm really lost why Lee is getting the injury prone label, but I don't really care. Even though the Warriors on occassion look better without Lee, he's quite often our most consistent scorer. Against the Clippers, he'll be needed immensely to try to make Griffin work as much as possible. We lose in the 1st without him

Goose17
04-10-2014, 06:28 AM
Oh, please. David Lee is ranked 9th in the entire league in the +/- category. He is a huge piece of the puzzle and you guys stand no chance without him. Minimal even with him.

That's exactly what people said last year. Yet we beat the 3rd seeded Denver without him and were the only team to win a game against San Antonio in the entire playoffs other than Miami, again, without Lee.

KnicksorBust
04-10-2014, 11:23 AM
That's exactly what people said last year. Yet we beat the 3rd seeded Denver without him and were the only team to win a game against San Antonio in the entire playoffs other than Miami, again, without Lee.

Denver was a fake contender. You won't catch that break this year against the Clippers. Good luck going small against DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin.

KnicksorBust
04-10-2014, 11:24 AM
I feel bad for Lee, because he's played so well the last two years only to get hurt and essentially miss the postseason. But as a Rockets fan, I'm no longer frightened of Golden State. The Warriors are still a damn good basketball team, but Lee was the one obvious mismatch they had against Houston. Without him, I can't envision Golden State beating Houston in a 7-game series. Then again, I don't think it will matter. Golden State will likely get the Clippers in the first round, and LA will win that series, especially with the Warriors missing Lee.

So much for my Heat-Warriors final. :laugh:

AddiX
04-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Warriors aren't doing anything anyway and have been without lee more than with him.

That team is soft as wet baby ****, not built for a real playoff run.

COOLbeans
04-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Warriors aren't doing anything anyway and have been without lee more than with him.

That team is soft as wet baby ****, not built for a real playoff run.

How many Warriors games have you watched this year?

jp611
04-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Mark Jackson is their coach.

As long as that remains, the postseason won't mean much to them anyway.

Goose17
04-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Denver was a fake contender. You won't catch that break this year against the Clippers. Good luck going small against DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin.

LOL we can handle the Clippers. That will be a close series. With Lee or without.

And what makes you think we will be playing small?

Don't forget, Green had already shown he can handle Blake.

Goose17
04-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Mark Jackson is their coach.

As long as that remains, the postseason won't mean much to them anyway.

The guy that outcoached George Karl? The guy that coached us to the third best defense in the league? The guy that coached us to a top 5 road record in the league?

Yeah, we'll be fine.

jp611
04-10-2014, 02:12 PM
The guy that outcoached George Karl? The guy that coached us to the third best defense in the league? The guy that coached us to a top 5 road record in the league?

Yeah, we'll be fine.

Who hasn't done that in the postseason?

Mark Jackson is just a man full of cliches. His X and O's could use some work. (lots of work)

Mark Jackson is not a good coach. He butts heads with his assistants (big reason why they are top 3 in defense), he's not a very good coach.

Goose17
04-10-2014, 04:43 PM

Mark Jackson is just a man full of cliches. His X and O's could use some work. (lots of work)

Mark Jackson is not a good coach. He butts heads with his assistants (big reason why they are top 3 in defense), he's not a very good coach.

That's a load of B.S you're just regurgitating what you've read other haters say. I don't even believe that's your opinion, you haven't formed that yourself, you're just being a sheep. And if you're crediting the assistants with the defense you clearly know nothing about him as a coach. He's a defensive mastermind, excellent strategist on that side. It's his offensive coaching that needs improvements.

"The Warriors' Jackson, meanwhile, has been ridiculed for not drawing plays when he actually makes more calls verbally in timeouts than Phil Jackson normally did and offers more explicit instructions on how he wants them executed, which options to be ready to exploit and the proper angles, spacing and timing to make them work. He, just like Holzman and the other Jackson, doesn't believe he needs X's and O's to explain all that."

"Jackson's X's and O's cannot be criticized if his motivational skills are not equally praised. Jackson's offense cannot be questioned if his defense is not affirmed. Barnes' lack of development should not be blamed on Jackson if he is not credited with the development of Curry, Thompson, Green and Ezeli.

The Warriors' home record cannot be seen as an area of concern if the team's road record is being taken for granted.

That road record, by the way, is 22-16. That's the third-best mark in the entire league. If the home record of 26-13 is slightly disappointing, then that road record is a massive achievement."

COOLbeans
04-10-2014, 05:31 PM

Mentioning Jackson's supposed inability to coach X and Os has become a cliche.

lol, please
04-11-2014, 12:44 AM
At face value, missing your all-star PF is bad news. But as many people remember in the playoffs last year when Lee went down the Warriors started to click.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24517971/david-lee-out-indefinitely-with-nerve-inflammation-could-miss-playoff-time

What are your thoughts?

Of course not. He will be ready.

lol, please
04-11-2014, 12:55 AM

So underrated. :laugh2: So many exaggerated cliches about him, he is efficient, consistent, and a team player. A great passer, deadly with both hands, when Curry and Lee get the pick and pop going, it's near unstoppable.

Chrisclover
04-11-2014, 02:09 AM
He denied it.

KnicksorBust
04-11-2014, 02:38 PM
LOL we can handle the Clippers. That will be a close series. With Lee or without.

And what makes you think we will be playing small?

Don't forget, Green had already shown he can handle Blake.

You say that with way too much confidence. Your first test since the thread was posted was against the Nuggets and here was the front line of the Nuggets:

C = Timofey Mozgov - 23pts/29reb
PF = Kenneth Faried - 18pts/17reb + game-winning jumper in the lane over the grossly mis-matched Draymond Green.

Meanwhile your boy countered with 4 pts and 2 rebounds. I'm afraid to imagine what Blake and DeAndre would do to him over a full series.

tredigs
04-11-2014, 03:20 PM
You say that with way too much confidence. Your first test since the thread was posted was against the Nuggets and here was the front line of the Nuggets:

PF = Kenneth Faried - 18pts/17reb + game-winning jumper in the lane over the grossly mis-matched Draymond Green.

Meanwhile your boy countered with 4 pts and 2 rebounds. I'm afraid to imagine what Blake and DeAndre would do to him over a full series.

One game sample size ftw?

They're 8-4 without Lee this year after that L, and the team never looked better than last season with Lee out when they beat up Denver in the playoffs.

tredigs
04-11-2014, 03:24 PM
It's a matchup thing for sure, but in general I truly believe the team is easily better if Lee was willing to take a bench role.

COOLbeans
04-11-2014, 03:53 PM
It's a matchup thing for sure, but in general I truly believe the team is easily better if Lee was willing to take a bench role.

Apparently Lee plays terrible when Curry's not on the floor.

goingfor28
04-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Ya mark Jackson is an awful coach

COOLbeans
04-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Ya mark Jackson is an awful coach

I hope you're not serious

KnicksorBust
04-11-2014, 06:31 PM

One game sample size ftw?

They're 8-4 without Lee this year after that L, and the team never looked better than last season with Lee out when they beat up Denver in the playoffs.

:laugh: Denver was a fake contender last year. Like Portland this year. They cant get away with a small lineup against a team like the Clippers. Also if you think this is simply a one game problem then you are naive.

lajoie
04-11-2014, 06:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UzcNPmI.jpg

tredigs
04-12-2014, 01:06 AM
:laugh: Denver was a fake contender last year. Like Portland this year. They cant get away with a small lineup against a team like the Clippers. Also if you think this is simply a one game problem then you are naive.

I'll just keep it succinct. You don't know what the **** you're talking about. I talk to dozens of kids like you a week, and they lose a lot of money betting sports.

KnicksorBust
04-12-2014, 10:26 AM
I'll just keep it succinct. You don't know what the **** you're talking about. I talk to dozens of kids like you a week, and they lose a lot of money betting sports.

This has to be the lamest reply I've ever seen.

SugeKnight
04-12-2014, 12:39 PM
David Lee is back