PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: According to Kentucky alum Rex Chapman, Calipari to Lakers will happen

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-07-2014, 09:37 PM

Hawkeye15
04-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Calipari hasn't show much coaching wise, he has shown is the the best recruiter of the one and done era in a landslide. How does that translate to the NBA?

sunsfan88
04-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Calipari hasn't show much coaching wise, he has shown is the the best recruiter of the one and done era in a landslide. How does that translate to the NBA?

NBA is now all about getting recruiting superstars to play for your team so sounds like he should fit right in.

P&GRealist
04-07-2014, 09:46 PM
Kobe's last tweet on March 28th:

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant Mar 28
I have Kentucky winning it in my bracket #Wildcats

Hawkeye15
04-07-2014, 09:47 PM
NBA is now all about getting recruiting superstars to play for your team so sounds like he should fit right in.

no, its not. Its not similar at all actually.

SwatTeam
04-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Over/under Kobe ripping on Calipari to the media by game 41? I say over, but barely.

jerellh528
04-07-2014, 10:14 PM
I don't know how to feel about this

MrfadeawayJB
04-07-2014, 10:25 PM
He will regret that if he does

Jets012
04-07-2014, 10:25 PM

No reason to complain about this!

But seriously, Calipari is a douchebag. He will only add to the Lakers hate. He's not even a great coach, but I guess he can't get worse than what the Lakers currently have...

cssdmark
04-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Sounds good to me because I do not want him in New York. I like U cons coach

lakerfan85
04-07-2014, 10:31 PM
God I hope not.. I can't stand that scumbag..

MDD
04-07-2014, 11:26 PM
Add Content

Gibby23
04-07-2014, 11:27 PM
His boy is Worldwide Wes, so I wouldn't mind it.

ewing
04-07-2014, 11:45 PM
i'd love to see him fall on his face. Unless rexy, is just trying to make noise i think this might have substance. He is a KU alum who has in interest in KU basketball

lpdunks8
04-07-2014, 11:52 PM
Rex Chapman ‏@rexchapman 11m

Take your pick re: Cal.'s future. One, he's gone to LA. Two, if they call - he's definitely listening. Both very credible sources. #potluck

sunsfan88
04-08-2014, 12:22 AM
Calipari is gonna be the next Pete Caroll & we are all gonna hate him and the Lakers even more just like NFL fans hate Caroll & the 'Hawks.

Hawkeye15
04-08-2014, 12:30 AM
Calipari is gonna be the next Pete Caroll & we are all gonna hate him and the Lakers even more just like NFL fans hate Caroll & the 'Hawks.

again, doesn't make sense. Neither post you have made in this thread makes sense.

Sadds The Gr8
04-08-2014, 12:47 AM

this

FlashBolt
04-08-2014, 01:24 AM
As if his first stint wasn't bad enough. Reminds me of Pitino as well. NCAA is a completely different ball game from NBA. You'll deal with a lot more as well.. NBA players aren't like college players who will behave for one year until they get the big contract.

P&GRealist
04-08-2014, 01:25 AM
IF he can reshape the culture of the Lakers, the way Phil is going to do with the Knicks, Doc with the Clipps, Riles with the Heat, then hell why not?

We got nothing to lose. Just don't bring Antonio back next yr.

FlashBolt
04-08-2014, 01:36 AM
IF he can reshape the culture of the Lakers, the way Phil is going to do with the Knicks, Doc with the Clipps, Riles with the Heat, then hell why not?

We got nothing to lose. Just don't bring Antonio back next yr.

Nothing to lose? Uh, he failed coaching in the NBA during his first stint. Probably one of the worst NCAA coaching to NBA coaching transition. Not only that but coaching young adults compared to an established franchise is completely different. I'm not saying it won't work because anything is up for grabs but I don't see elite players tempted to play for Calipari. Also, what was D'Antoni supposed to do with an injured Howard, aging Bryant, often inactive Gasol, and indefinitely active Nash? Not much to work with when they are in and out of rotations. Practically forced him to work with new pieces every game.

PraiseJesus
04-08-2014, 01:38 AM
Calipari is 100 times better than Dantoni and I prefer someone like Calipari to any other NBA retread coach.

I like the move for the Lakers

abe_froman
04-08-2014, 01:44 AM
i dunno about this.he isnt that much of a coach,he's just the greatest recruiter ever...so dunno if it'd be good move for the lakers or him(he's already in the perfect situation for himself)

P&GRealist
04-08-2014, 03:06 AM
Nothing to lose? Uh, he failed coaching in the NBA during his first stint. Probably one of the worst NCAA coaching to NBA coaching transition. Not only that but coaching young adults compared to an established franchise is completely different. I'm not saying it won't work because anything is up for grabs but I don't see elite players tempted to play for Calipari. Also, what was D'Antoni supposed to do with an injured Howard, aging Bryant, often inactive Gasol, and indefinitely active Nash? Not much to work with when they are in and out of rotations. Practically forced him to work with new pieces every game.

How do you think Kobe injured himself in the first place. How do u think Howard injured his shoulder when he shouldn't have been playing fast pace small ball with an already bad back??

How do you think all the role players this yr got injured. Hell a guy like Bazemore never got injured with the Warriors, but he plays like 25 games as a Laker and rips a tendon in his foot for offseason surgery and rehab playing fast pace D'Antoni small ball with loaded heavy minutes.

Bruno
04-08-2014, 03:08 AM
anyone but mda.

P&GRealist
04-08-2014, 03:27 AM
anyone but mda.

Alright!

Dan D'Antoni it is!!!

PurpleLynch
04-08-2014, 04:15 AM
I really don't know what to say about it. I dunno Calipari as a coach in the Nba,anyone can give me any info on him?

sunsfan88
04-08-2014, 04:33 AM
again, doesn't make sense. Neither post you have made in this thread makes sense.
Why not?

Caroll was someone who had once been in the NFL, flamed out and someone who alot of people hated in college and then joined a team in the pros who was in pretty bad shape and turned it around.

Callipari is someone who has once been in the NBA, flamed out and someone who a lot of people hate in college and now could join a team in the pros who is in pretty bad shape and could turn it around.

randyorton33
04-08-2014, 04:35 AM
This is really weird.

FlashBolt
04-08-2014, 12:32 PM
How do you think Kobe injured himself in the first place. How do u think Howard injured his shoulder when he shouldn't have been playing fast pace small ball with an already bad back??

How do you think all the role players this yr got injured. Hell a guy like Bazemore never got injured with the Warriors, but he plays like 25 games as a Laker and rips a tendon in his foot for offseason surgery and rehab playing fast pace D'Antoni small ball with loaded heavy minutes.

Because it's his fault he was stuck with Nash and Pau Gasol - both who were heavily injured at that time. Not to mention the reports stating that Dwight shouldn't have been playing because his back wasn't 100%? And do you really think Kobe would've listened to Mike and sat down? Kobe ran the show. He sits when he wants to sit. No other coach can demand Kobe to willingly sit other than Jackson. Kobe wanted to make the playoffs and he played. Mike D'Antoni really didn't have much to work with despite what happened.

Avenged
04-08-2014, 12:37 PM

:laugh2:

Avenged
04-08-2014, 12:38 PM
anyone but mda.

Alright!

Dan D'Antoni it is!!!

Mike Brown.

ManRam
04-08-2014, 12:45 PM
Not mad about this, at all.

Kills two birds with one stone for me. As a Florida fan, I'm happy to see him go. As a not-Lakers fan, it's not a coaching move that scares me.

slashsnake
04-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Nothing to lose? Uh, he failed coaching in the NBA during his first stint. Probably one of the worst NCAA coaching to NBA coaching transition.

To be fair, getting a team to the playoffs when you are led by Van Horn (who missed 1/4 of the year) and Kittles isn't too bad, so if you are going to give D'Antoni a pass, why not give Calipari one for a bad team? He wasn't Lon Kruger, Mike Montgomery, or Tim Floyd bad. Definite issues, but its a 3 year stint. Kind of funny. Jerry Sloan looked just as bad at the exact same age coaching the Bulls. Got another try with the Jazz and looked much better.

Not saying it can happen, but I don't see any locks as great coaches available, and he's a risk just like any other.

therealwd27
04-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Not mad about this, at all.

Kills two birds with one stone for me. As a Florida fan, I'm happy to see him go. As a not-Lakers fan, it's not a coaching move that scares me.

Pretty much this lol. Ollie would be a much better NBA coach

P&GRealist
04-08-2014, 02:19 PM
Because it's his fault he was stuck with Nash and Pau Gasol - both who were heavily injured at that time. Not to mention the reports stating that Dwight shouldn't have been playing because his back wasn't 100%? And do you really think Kobe would've listened to Mike and sat down? Kobe ran the show. He sits when he wants to sit. No other coach can demand Kobe to willingly sit other than Jackson. Kobe wanted to make the playoffs and he played. Mike D'Antoni really didn't have much to work with despite what happened.

Great. Seems like you have all the excuses for D'Antoni. Maybe you guys should take him!

astonmartin10
04-08-2014, 02:20 PM
He has a pretty sweet gig right now,why leave? He has full control and his one and dones are performing well. I would stay if I were him.

todu82
04-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Yeah, don't think this would be a wise move for the Lakers. Calipari's record as a NBA coach is pretty poor.

Gibby23
04-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Pretty much this lol. Ollie would be a much better NBA coach

Based on? His team getting hot at the end of the year? Or the poor year they had prior to getting hot for the tourney? His so so bad year last year? Coaching Calhoun left overs to a NCAA championship? What player that he recruited played a major role last night? He might or might not be a good coach, but you can't base it on his team and guards getting hot at the right time.

Crackadalic
04-08-2014, 06:45 PM
He is good at manipulating players to come play for him. Look at all of the teams he had. He should have at least a dozen titles. Seriously. If anything he underachieve a lot given the talent he had.

If anything this would guarantee a another lottery for the lakers. Think the lakers need to go after a more x and o type coach

NBA_Starter
04-08-2014, 07:20 PM
This means they will probably just keep D'Antoni.

P&GRealist
04-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Chapman backtracking. What a loser!

What was the need to tweet it right before the national championship game? Just to screw with the psyche of Calipari and his guys so they could end up losing at the end?

Jeffy25
04-08-2014, 08:52 PM
People seem to be ignoring that Rex Chapman is an idiot (and I'm a UK fan).