PDA

View Full Version : Antoine Walker

NoahH
04-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Chucker or not a chucker?

Looking back on his stats he shot at a poor clip throughout his entire career.

Was he even a good 3PT shooter or did he just shoot 3s against everyone's best wishes like Josh Smith?

goingfor28
04-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Chucker

abe_froman
04-07-2014, 06:54 PM
"antonie,why do you shoot so many 3's?" "because there are no 4's" lol

....that should tell you all you need to know

RaginRondo17
04-07-2014, 06:55 PM
He had his moments, but he was def a chucker. Should of been down on the block, more often because that is where he was actually good.

Slug3
04-07-2014, 07:07 PM
He had the ability to hit 3 or 4 straight 3s and then come back and air ball the next 2. It was amazing.

Hawkeye15
04-07-2014, 07:08 PM
I have never seen a player so content on pulling up for a 27 footer on a 3-1 break...

chucker supreme.

Jamiecballer
04-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Chucker or not a chucker?

Looking back on his stats he shot at a poor clip throughout his entire career.

Was he even a good 3PT shooter or did he just shoot 3s against everyone's best wishes like Josh Smith?

He wouldn't even have a career nowadays much less an all-star appearance.

ManRam
04-07-2014, 07:25 PM
the chuck gawd!

and i loved him for it. the c's have been a DISTANT 2nd favorite team of mine for most my life. i made my dad by me a 'toine jersey when i was in 5th grade. i loved him...but that was when i was too young to really grasp his awfulness. i did enjoy those awful C's teams a lot...he and pierce (one of my 5 favorites ever) were fun.

i think we've reached a level of understanding these days that no longer are guys averaging 20 points a game on 20 shots a game making AS games, like he did (thrice). he's a vestige.

ThuglifeJ
04-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Dude was good in NBA street game.

But yeah he was the chucker of all chuckers.

Hawkeye15
04-07-2014, 07:30 PM
the chuck gawd!

and i loved him for it. the c's have been a DISTANT 2nd favorite team of mine for most my life. i made my dad by me a 'toine jersey when i was in 5th grade. i loved him...but that was when i was too young to really grasp his awfulness. i did enjoy those awful C's teams a lot...he and pierce (one of my 5 favorites ever) were fun.

i think we've reached a level of understanding these days that no longer are guys averaging 20 points a game on 20 shots a game making AS games, like he did (thrice). he's a vestige.

you just liked the shimmy

P&GRealist
04-07-2014, 07:49 PM
JR Smith before JR Smith

NoahH
04-07-2014, 07:59 PM
the chuck gawd!

Haha exactly my scenario. I loved Antoine Walker and had a jersey but at the tender age of 10 I didn't understand what it meant to shoot 41% from the field and be viewed as a chucker. I just saw ALL STAR! 22 POINTS PER GAME! WOW HE MUST BE GOOD

ThuglifeJ
04-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Sadly..he was pretty talented. If only guys like him, Marbury, Francis, JR Smith, yes I'll even say it about the legend - Allen Iverson, were just a tad bit smarter.

Ever notice a lot of players from Kentucky (Walker went there) are pretty darn dumb? I mean Rose did pay someone to do his ACT just to get the pre requisites to get in a university.. I'm almost positive that school is one crooked organization. I bet they pay their players to get them there, only care about getting their players to NBA so greedy parents with stud kids send them there, don't require any GPA minimum for athletes, etc etc.
But that's another story.

Chronz
04-07-2014, 09:18 PM
It was actually his best method of scoring, there once was a time early in Antoine's career that he actually led the league in shots in the paint, at the very least top-3, but he sucked so badly at making them that shooting 3's actually made him more efficient.

Hawkeye15
04-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Sadly..he was pretty talented. If only guys like him, Marbury, Francis, JR Smith, yes I'll even say it about the legend - Allen Iverson, were just a tad bit smarter.

Ever notice a lot of players from Kentucky (Walker went there) are pretty darn dumb? I mean Rose did pay someone to do his ACT just to get the pre requisites to get in a university.. I'm almost positive that school is one crooked organization. I bet they pay their players to get them there, only care about getting their players to NBA so greedy parents with stud kids send them there, don't require any GPA minimum for athletes, etc etc.
But that's another story.

The SEC doesn't exactly spit out brain surgeons for athletes......

Delrayhc
04-07-2014, 10:01 PM
He had the ability to hit 3 or 4 straight 3s and then come back and air ball the next 2. It was amazing.

He air balled layups once in awhile

GiantsSwaGG
04-07-2014, 10:02 PM
He thought he was Michael Jordan

stawka
04-07-2014, 10:10 PM
you just liked the shimmy

I mean really, that's all there is to it ManRam. We don't wanna hear your life story bro, just tell us the truth!

ewing
04-07-2014, 11:39 PM
I have never seen a player so content on pulling up for a 27 footer on a 3-1 break...

chucker supreme.

:laugh:

ManningToTyree
04-07-2014, 11:49 PM
Serious chucker lol

arlubas
04-08-2014, 08:09 AM
'Toine was the based god of chucking.

Ever notice a lot of players from Kentucky (Walker went there) are pretty darn dumb? I mean Rose did pay someone to do his ACT just to get the pre requisites to get in a university.. I'm almost positive that school is one crooked organization.
Are you talking about Derrick Rose? Because he went to Memphis, not UK.

Plus what you're saying is kinda iffy because Mashburn was a Wildcat and he's arguably one of the most successful businessmen slash former NBA players around. Case in point, don't generalize.

MonroeFAN
04-08-2014, 11:44 AM
I assumed the label "chucker" was created by Antoine Walker. Career 18 PPG scorer on a TS% of 48%.

ManRam
04-08-2014, 11:57 AM
I assumed the label "chucker" was created by Antoine Walker. Career 18 PPG scorer on a TS% of 48%.

One of 21 players ever to average over 17 points a game on a sub 50 TS% for his career. Some solid names on that list tho, like Schayes, Hondo, Hayes, Mikan, Elgin, Cousy, Cowens, Sharman, Heinsohn, and Pistol Pete.

NoahH
04-08-2014, 12:32 PM
One of 21 players ever to average over 17 points a game on a sub 50 TS% for his career. Some solid names on that list tho, like Schayes, Hondo, Hayes, Mikan, Elgin, Cousy, Cowens, Sharman, Heinsohn, and Pistol Pete.

All these guys are legends too. Is it fair to say if these guys played in the current generation they would not even close to as much burn as they did back then? I mean Pete Maravich put up 24ppg on 21fga over his career. I dont think coaches would be as forgiving now

Or how bout Dolph Schayes? A PF/C with a career FG% of 38%!!!!

ManRam
04-08-2014, 12:43 PM
All these guys are legends too. Is it fair to say if these guys played in the current generation they would not even close to as much burn as they did back then? I mean Pete Maravich put up 24ppg on 21fga over his career. I dont think coaches would be as forgiving now

Yeah. People can mock the league for whatever reasons they want, but the fact of the matter is that a much smarter brand of basketball is being played now than ever before. Coaches wouldn't be forgiving now, nor should they.

Rivera
04-08-2014, 12:46 PM
I love me some Antoine walker. Dude would pull up from 30 on any fast break. I loved watching him play he was so much fun to watch and that shimmy!

Granted I wouldn't want him on my team but I loved watching him play. He's the definition of the word chucker

Cal827
04-08-2014, 01:04 PM
The best chucker you'll ever know. What would be more horrifying is if they thought of the 4 point line during his career. Half court shots all day-erryday.

But on the bright side, he also did other things on the court, which made a lot of people look away (He averaged 8+ rebounds and 5+ assists in a few seasons, which isn't too shabby).

In this league now though, he probably wouldn't ever see the ball. He's the guy we would look at and say, "If he wasn't around, we would be coming down hard on Rudy Gay".

TylerSL
04-08-2014, 01:10 PM
He was a good shooter, and pretty clutch at times, but he was indeed a chucker.

Chronz
04-08-2014, 07:00 PM

Some would be more efficient in this era, Pete would have seen a dramatic increase in his eFG%, considering he was stupidly taking long range shots anyways. Its best to measure efficiency vs their era while keeping an eye on team circumstance.

abe_froman
04-08-2014, 07:06 PM
need to take into account era in which they played

NBA_Starter
04-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Chucker