PDA

View Full Version : Will Durant make history and wins the MVP unanimously?

lamzoka
04-07-2014, 12:29 PM
As you guys remembered, last year LeBron was one first place vote away from sweeping the trophy.

To remind you guys this never happen before

So back to the question. Should KD wins the MVP unanimously?

FraziersKnicks
04-07-2014, 12:34 PM
No

Someone will vote for LBJ or Blake.

DallasTrilla23
04-07-2014, 12:37 PM
If lebron didn't do it after the season he had last year then I don't think Durant can do it this year. Someone is going to vote for Lebron.

Bruno
04-07-2014, 12:38 PM
people will vote for LeBron.

tredigs
04-07-2014, 12:47 PM
I'd say a solid 15% will still vote LeBron, and maybe a couple other 1st place randoms. Even though the MVP is very clear by virtually all criteria we see year to year, we've definitely seen bigger divides before (and as mentioned 0 unanimous).

ManRam
04-07-2014, 12:48 PM
If lebron didn't do it after the season he had last year then I don't think Durant can do it this year. Someone is going to vote for Lebron.

This was gonna be my response verbatim.

I think more than 2 guys will get first place votes. KD and LeBron...and then probably a few for Blake (especially if they catch OKC) or even Noah. Hell, maybe a Charlotte homer votes for Al Jeff or something dumb.

I mean, Melo got a vote last year...MELO! I'm sure there will be plenty of (stupid) votes for people other than KD.

Cal827
04-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Nope. Lebron was the best shot at it last year, when he set all those records. This year, there has been a ton of debate between 1-2 for the MVP.

I see Durant winning it, but I can see Lebron getting a lot of first place votes too (as well as maybe Noah stealing a couple).

nickdymez
04-07-2014, 01:00 PM
people are desperately in love with Lebron and will vote for him, so no.

alexander_37
04-07-2014, 01:01 PM
No

beyourself
04-07-2014, 01:08 PM
In every voters mind it should be unanimous; for the guy they voted for.

Ill21
04-07-2014, 01:13 PM
nah, LeBron will get a vote or two

torocan
04-07-2014, 01:40 PM
No chance that Durant sweeps the vote. He's been the best this season, but it hasn't been mindblowingly better than the rest of the candidates.

Hawkeye15
04-07-2014, 01:59 PM
nope. never happens. There are always a handful of biased voters, and a handful that want to make sure it isn't unanimous. They will vote for LBJ, or someone else just to make sure Durant doesn't win it in that manner.

JasonJohnHorn
04-07-2014, 02:13 PM
I see some voters from Miami and LA both being inclined to give a not to LBJ and Blake respectively.

I think the beat reporters in Portland and Chi-town might want to throw a vote to LMA and Noah respectively as well.

KD gets my vote, but I think a strong case can be made for Noah if you are looking past stats and going in terms of impact on teammates and wins brought to the team.

Obviously LBJ is quietly having a historic season of his own and is deserving of some votes.

PurpleLynch
04-07-2014, 02:29 PM
KD deserves it. Cannot be different. Just hope fans will be unbiased and see that this Mvp belongs to him this year.
But right now the truth is different.I'm not sure that LBJ will win this,but it's not an easy race for KD.

Beating MJ's record is the key.

Goose17
04-07-2014, 02:59 PM
No way.

Lebron and Blake will get votes, dark horse chance that Noah gets a vote.

VinceCarter
04-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Anybody who votes for anybody not named Kevin Durant is an idiot.

RLundi
04-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Not at all. LeBron, Blake and Noah will all take away votes from Durant. KD should still win though.

archdevil84
04-07-2014, 04:14 PM
KD gonna win
Bron wil end second
bron wil get some first place votes but not enough

lamzoka
04-07-2014, 04:17 PM
OK, it looks like some of you guys don't understand how the voting process for MVP works

1- Its voted by about 130 media members

2- Each member gets to turn it 5 ballots. First place, second place, third place, fourth place and fifth place

For example Stephen A Smith's ballot could look like

1st place- (worth 10 points) Durant

2nd Place- (worth 7 points) Lebron

3rd Place- (worth 5 points) Blake Griffin

4th Place- (worth 3 points) Noah

5th place- (worth 1 point) Paul George

IF every media member agrees that Durant is first place. ITS UNANIMOUS

arlubas
04-07-2014, 04:20 PM
No chance that Durant sweeps the vote. He's been the best this season, but it hasn't been mindblowingly better than the rest of the candidates.
This.

With that said however KD has been playing out of his mind this year, it's like he took his already impressive game and added more to that. He deserves all the praise he's gonna get.

jerellh528
04-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Kd should win unanimously, but no chance he will. There will be a couple votes for lbj and some morons might even give a vote or two to blake and Noah. If kd doesn't win at least 85% of the votes, that would be ridiculous.

JordansBulls
04-08-2014, 12:34 AM
Jordan didn't get it in 1992 unanimously, nor Shaq in 2000 either. So why would Durant this year? You can understand a bit of why Lebron missed last year because he didn't play in 6 games. That is a lot of games to miss to win unanimously.

FlashBolt
04-08-2014, 12:53 AM
If LeBron couldn't do it last year, no way Durant gets it this year. There was much more of a separation last year than this. KD isn't playing much better than James but James was playing far better than KD last year.

jerellh528
04-08-2014, 04:45 AM
If LeBron couldn't do it last year, no way Durant gets it this year. There was much more of a separation last year than this. KD isn't playing much better than James but James was playing far better than KD last year.

I wouldn't say far better. Kd is better this year at a greater margin than lbj was better than kd last yr.
the raw numbers were almost identical, biggest difference was Miami 66-16 vs Okc 60-22 and actually depending on who you ask. Kd could make a case for better last yr as well.
28 8 5 on .647ts kd
26 8 7 on .640ts. Lbj
But this yr kd is head and shoulders above lbj
32 8 6 on .641ts kd
27 7 6 on .649ts lbj

5ass
04-08-2014, 05:18 AM
Jordan didn't get it in 1992 unanimously, nor Shaq in 2000 either. So why would Durant this year? You can understand a bit of why Lebron missed last year because he didn't play in 6 games. That is a lot of games to miss to win unanimously.

Lol I doubt its bcz of those 6 games. Half of them were at the end of the season after they had already secured the 1st seed iirc.

lamzoka
04-08-2014, 06:58 AM

Durant didn't stop LeBron from winning it unanimously, it was Melo by 1 vote.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-08-2014, 09:22 AM
The same guy that stopped Lebron winning it unanimously last year will stop Durant this year.

Some voters probably don't think an MVP should win it unanimously

mightybosstone
04-08-2014, 09:40 AM
No. Does he deserve it based on the season he's having? Probably, but nobody wins unanimously. And I think we'll see several players get votes aside from Durant. Lebron will certainly see a few, Blake will get some and Noah may get 1-2 thrown in. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Harden, Curry and Love got a few votes thrown their way, or maybe someone from San Antonio, although I doubt it.

mightybosstone
04-08-2014, 09:41 AM
The same guy that stopped Lebron winning it unanimously last year will stop Durant this year.

Some voters probably don't think an MVP should win it unanimously

You think Melo is more deserving of an MVP vote that Lebron, Blake, Noah, Harden, Curry or Love? Agree to disagree.

Slug3
04-08-2014, 10:04 AM
I do think this year though they are going to release who voted for who for the first time. So if we get some stupid vote it will be made public.

FYL_McVeezy
04-08-2014, 10:26 AM
I think KD will finally win the MVP trophy, and rightfully so, but there's enough LBJ stans in the media to ensure it won't be unanimous...

slashsnake
04-08-2014, 11:04 AM
I think some will look at defensive presence a bit more than offensive and LBJ and Noah even might get a few votes... but as said before, if LBJ couldn't do it last year, then it shouldn't happen this year.

TylerSL
04-08-2014, 11:32 AM
lol @ the 6 clowns who voted yes. Durant is having the better year, although only slightly. If Lebron, who was by FAR the best player in the league last season did not unanimously win MVP it would be down right wrong for Durant to do the same. Durant's stats have only been slightly better this year. Somebody will vote Lebron, and a couple people may even vote Blake. No way that Durant wins unanimously. I believe he probably will win, and he would deserve it if he does win, but in no way should he be unanimous.

koreancabbage
04-08-2014, 12:18 PM
people are desperately in love with Lebron and will vote for him, so no.

Anybody who votes for anybody not named Kevin Durant is an idiot.

Kd should win unanimously, but no chance he will. There will be a couple votes for lbj and some morons might even give a vote or two to blake and Noah. If kd doesn't win at least 85% of the votes, that would be ridiculous.

I think KD will finally win the MVP trophy, and rightfully so, but there's enough LBJ stans in the media to ensure it won't be unanimous...

Lebron isn't having a Melo season to Lebron's season last year. and KD isn't having a heads and tails better season than Lebron. and their team records are almost identical albeit Miami in the East. Miami is probably gonna finish first in the East and Durant's team, someone will hold it against him-more likely than not, for not finishing first in the West - or something like that.

Durant will win, but its not going to be unanimously, which, judging by the responses here, seem to be about the hate for Lebron than other reasons as why Durant should win it unanimously. Like I mean, people who are saying he should win unamiously, for the most part, have been Lebron naysayers. no surprise here.

FlashBolt
04-08-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm just saying there was more of a lead of James over Durant than there is a Durant over James this year.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-08-2014, 12:27 PM
You think Melo is more deserving of an MVP vote that Lebron, Blake, Noah, Harden, Curry or Love? Agree to disagree.

No lol, not at all. I meant the guy that voted for Melo.

I think Lebron was the overwhelming MVP last year. But I think there could be voters out there who think that players aren't worthy of a unanimous MVP. Something along the lines of, if MJ/Shaq etc couldn't win a unanimous MVP, than Lebron or Durant shouldn't.

jerellh528
04-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Lebron isn't having a Melo season to Lebron's season last year. and KD isn't having a heads and tails better season than Lebron. and their team records are almost identical albeit Miami in the East. Miami is probably gonna finish first in the East and Durant's team, someone will hold it against him-more likely than not, for not finishing first in the West - or something like that.

Durant will win, but its not going to be unanimously, which, judging by the responses here, seem to be about the hate for Lebron than other reasons as why Durant should win it unanimously. Like I mean, people who are saying he should win unamiously, for the most part, have been Lebron naysayers. no surprise here.

Well let me put it to you this way. Why should Lebron get a vote ahead of kd? If you can't give a legit one then, there ya go. Kd should get every vote. There's no legit reason he shouldn't. If you think otherwise it's about your Lebron gobbling more than how much kd is more deserving.

koreancabbage
04-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Well let me put it to you this way. Why should Lebron get a vote ahead of kd? If you can't give a legit one then, there ya go. Kd should get every vote. There's no legit reason he shouldn't. If you think otherwise it's about your Lebron gobbling more than how much kd is more deserving.

how so? i said KD will win. did you think Lebron should have got every vote last year? or Jordan in his almost unanimously year?

but if I were to give a reason why people would vote against KD, its not even for Lebron - i'm thinking Blake Griffin is gonna get a first place vote as well. Arguments could be made KD would not get the unanimous vote: he's not that far ahead of Lebron in terms of stats and his team isn't in first. Miami is in first and Lebron's stats aren't lagging behind Durant by too much. I'm not saying thats my argument but someone could think like that.

EVEN if I think Durant deserves all the votes - in reality, he's not going to. its not Lebron gobbling - its call common sense. Like the thread says - Will Durant win the MVP unanimously? I don't think he will because other greats before were shafted (Jordan and Shaq).

You might think Durant deserves all the votes, but he ain't getting all of them (Bron and Griffin). i don't know why this is about me gobbling Lebron or anything- I think its just common sense he won't.

If i had to vote: I would give a first place vote: it would be Durant. See its not about gobbling Lebron here.

jerellh528
04-08-2014, 02:21 PM
how so? i said KD will win. did you think Lebron should have got every vote last year? or Jordan in his almost unanimously year?

but if I were to give a reason why people would vote against KD, its not even for Lebron - i'm thinking Blake Griffin is gonna get a first place vote as well. Arguments could be made KD would not get the unanimous vote: he's not that far ahead of Lebron in terms of stats and his team isn't in first. Miami is in first and Lebron's stats aren't lagging behind Durant by too much. I'm not saying thats my argument but someone could think like that.

EVEN if I think Durant deserves all the votes - in reality, he's not going to. its not Lebron gobbling - its call common sense. Like the thread says - Will Durant win the MVP unanimously? I don't think he will because other greats before were shafted (Jordan and Shaq).

You might think Durant deserves all the votes, but he ain't getting all of them (Bron and Griffin). i don't know why this is about me gobbling Lebron or anything- I think its just common sense he won't.

If i had to vote: I would give a first place vote: it would be Durant. See its not about gobbling Lebron here.

Exactly what I said in my post, so I don't understand why you quoted me saying my post was about Lebron hate. My post said I think kd deserves all the votes but Lebron, blake, and maybe Noah may get some so there's no chance of kd winning unanimously.

koreancabbage
04-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Exactly what I said in my post, so I don't understand why you quoted me saying my post was about Lebron hate. My post said I think kd deserves all the votes but Lebron, blake, and maybe Noah may get some so there's no chance of kd winning unanimously.

lol wrong quote. I was taggin all the people who said the other things =P my bad

ahahahaha

SteBO
04-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Well it came down to the bitter end to ensure LeBron didn't win it unanimously last season, so why you'd be surprised to see KD not win it unanimously this year is beyond any rational human being's reasoning....especially considering he hasn't been far and away better than LeBron this year.