PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant Warned Us All....

Jasper6
04-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Congrats to KD on an MVP season, he played like a killer this year. But he did say it would happen! Move over LeBron.

http://www.balldontstop.com/kevin-durant-is-the-mvp-2/

lol, please
04-05-2014, 04:42 PM
I've never met anyone in my life who would take Lebron over Durant, any version.

Ese Vato Loco
04-05-2014, 05:07 PM
lj

Hawkeye15
04-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Durant has had an amazing season, but he needs to do more to pass LeBron, sorry.

Supreme LA
04-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Durant has had an amazing season, but he needs to do more to pass LeBron, sorry.

What else does he need to do? If stats are enough for you to catapult Lebron to being #1 then why not Durant? It's obvious many of you guys don't put too much stock into rings so what edge does Lebron have over KD at this point besides playing in a weaker conference with a better organization and a better team?

FriedTofuz
04-05-2014, 05:15 PM
What more does KD have to do to pass Lebron? Last season KD was definitely not better than lebron because of playmaking. This year, KD IS playmaking , and he's carrying his team even with Westbrook down and his team has a better record in a tougher conference. I dont see how Lebron is better than KD.

OKC
04-05-2014, 05:31 PM
I think Lebron still is the better player but Durant had a slightly better year.

ManRam
04-05-2014, 05:47 PM
KD was better this year. Not sure why LeBron has to move over (yet?). They can both be at the top...and, I mean, KD's gotta get that ring and do it in the playoffs. There are some people that would be being quite hypocritical if that team success factor wasn't a prerequisite.

Still, he's got the Based God Curse to deal with. It might look good now, but it ain't!

Goose17
04-05-2014, 05:48 PM
LOL... I love Lebron haters.

A few years ago...

"You can't compare Lebron to Kobe because Lebron doesn't have a ring"

Now...

"Durant is better than Lebron! I no longer use the ring argument because it doesn't support my opinion for this specific argument"

Give it a break. Lebron is still HANDS DOWN the best basketball player on this planet, he's an absolute beast of a player and Durant can't touch him, not yet. He embarrassed KD when they met in the playoffs a couple of years back, and until Durant sustains his current play (as in, plays like this for the next three years and wins at least one championship and another MVP award), you can't even begin to argue him being the better player.

ONE SEASON does not make you the better player.

IF Durant wins the MVP award (which he should), then congrats but how can people seriously still be hating on Lebron this much? He's clearly more well rounded and overall just superior.

I HATE the rings arguments, but you can't use it to support one argument and then ignore it because it doesn't support another. If you're going to hate at least show some consistency. And how does Durants ONE MVP season suddenly trump Lebron's four MVP seasons? (assuming Durant actually wins)

Guess what haters, KD is still second best.

Goose17
04-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Regardless, I hope they get a chance to match up in the playoffs within the next year or so, would make for a fun match up.

More-Than-Most
04-05-2014, 05:49 PM
What else does he need to do? If stats are enough for you to catapult Lebron to being #1 then why not Durant? It's obvious many of you guys don't put too much stock into rings so what edge does Lebron have over KD at this point besides playing in a weaker conference with a better organization and a better team?

First season ever he was better and its not even by much. He would need to do this every year for the next 3. One great season does not make him the best

Defense does matter as well

More-Than-Most
04-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Not I am not sure Durant could do this if he was under even half the scrutiny James has had to deal with every single year of his career.

sunsfan88
04-05-2014, 05:56 PM
LeBron is still the better all around better. Better defender and passer. KD's defense is pretty garbage whenever I watch OKC play. Last game against the Suns, Markieff Morris took a piss on KD's defense and then they switched Durant to guard Green and then Green went off for 40.

Durant is a GREAT player and best scorer in the league by far but he hasn't passed LeBron as best player on the planet.

Mell413
04-05-2014, 05:59 PM
When Durant can guard all 5 positions then LeBron can move over.

slashsnake
04-05-2014, 06:01 PM

Who is Lebron catapulting? He's clearly moved past Kobe by now as best player in the NBA currently. Past three years have done that.. Lebron has 2 MVP's 2 rings, 3 finals appearances, 2 finals MVP's, 3 first team all NBA awards... This year isn't helping Kobe catch him either. His worst year of the past four years has been better than Kobe's best. I'd say the past three years Durant has as well. It's nothing against Kobe, but this late in his career he's going to give up that title of best player currently in the league. Jordan had to as well. Lebron will someday too.

Better team? You really wouldn't trade Bosh and Wade in a heartbeat for Westbrook and Ibaka? Well I guess if you like your stats, it is pretty clear you would. Wade/Bosh combine for 36 points, 10 boards, 6 assists, 2.5 steals and 1.5 blocks... Ibaka/Westbrook combine for 37 points, 14 boards, 8 assists, 2.5 steals and 3 blocks. Is there a single category where OKC's others outside of Durant doesn't beat Miami?

As for the weaker conference, that is true. KD wins 70% of his games vs. the west this year, Lebron wins 69% of his with what you call a much worse team..

I do put stock in rings and when we are talking alpha dog players, the elites, of course nothing is more important than the Finals MVP's to me. Sorry Derek Fisher, you aren't on the same level as Kobe even though you have the same number of rings... Kobe has a couple of those. Fisher doesn't.. clearly makes a difference to me.

And just because Barkley may have won an MVP over Jordan, doesn't mean he is better. I think over the next 5 years Durant has a chance to push Lebron as the best in the NBA. Maybe it will happen, and I think it very well might.

But no, this year, KD is the MVP. lack of care about defense (iverson and Nash) kinda ensured that along with voter fatigue.

mdm692
04-05-2014, 06:09 PM

A few years ago...

Now...

"Durant is better than Lebron! I no longer use the ring argument because it doesn't support my opinion for this specific argument"

Give it a break. Lebron is still HANDS DOWN the best basketball player on this planet, he's an absolute beast of a player and Durant can't touch him, not yet. He embarrassed KD when they met in the playoffs a couple of years back, and until Durant sustains his current play (as in, plays like this for the next three years and wins at least one championship and another MVP award), you can't even begin to argue him being the better player.

IF Durant wins the MVP award (which he should), then congrats but how can people seriously still be hating on Lebron this much? He's clearly more well rounded and overall just superior.

I HATE the rings arguments, but you can't use it to support one argument and then ignore it because it doesn't support another. If you're going to hate at least show some consistency. And how does Durants ONE MVP season suddenly trump Lebron's four MVP seasons? (assuming Durant actually wins)

Pretty much this. LBJ had won 3 MVP's, 1 finals MVP, and a championship yet people still didn't give him any credit. IMO the loss to Dallas is what took him to the next level and he proved it with a monster season and a dominant playoffs. KD is up there with him right now and is on the right track but he will not pass him until he continues what he's done in the reg season in the playoffs and finals.

jerellh528
04-05-2014, 06:14 PM
He's the clear MVP. But needs a ring to be best player. I'm not one to judge solely off stats.

Cal827
04-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Durant's the MVP this year, but Lebron is still the best overall. Lol, Did people honestly believe that Rose was a better player than Lebron after he won an MVP over him?

If Durant can win a title or two, then they'll be closer to par. But it's kinda difficult to put the best in the world, and possibly a top 5 all time down, especially when they are also in their prime.

ztilzer31
04-05-2014, 06:28 PM
I've never met anyone in my life who would take Lebron over Durant, any version.

You should leave the bomb shelter where you and all the other trolls apparently live.

Kushed
04-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Lol this makes me lol and lol

Hawkeye15
04-05-2014, 06:32 PM

because there still isn't a large statistical difference, and we don't know what these guys will look like come playoff time. Furthermore, one season of statistical superiority doesn't do it. Now, if he starts routinely putting up stronger seasons than LeBron, regular season and playoffs, then we can look back to this year and say this was the year. But it's too early to say that.

I didn't think LeBron was the best player in the league in 07-08', at the time. It wasn't until another year went by where we could start to pinpoint that was the year he basically became the best player in the league. For some, it took even another 2-3 seasons.

Basically, keep showing it Durant, because you don't knock off a player of LeBron's caliber, over the course of 7 years of completely dominant play, with 75 regular season games.

Hawkeye15
04-05-2014, 06:34 PM
KD was better this year. Not sure why LeBron has to move over (yet?). They can both be at the top...and, I mean, KD's gotta get that ring and do it in the playoffs. There are some people that would be being quite hypocritical if that team success factor wasn't a prerequisite.

Still, he's got the Based God Curse to deal with. It might look good now, but it ain't!

Yeah, I actually think they will flip back and forth the next few years, before Durant and possibly Davis take over.

LeBron/Durant are the current Bird/Magic. Those 2 took turns being the best player in the league for years.

Hawkeye15
04-05-2014, 06:35 PM

A few years ago...

Now...

ironic....

mdm692
04-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Durant's the MVP this year, but Lebron is still the best overall. Lol, Did people honestly believe that Rose was a better player than Lebron after he won an MVP over him?

If Durant can win a title or two, then they'll be closer to par. But it's kinda difficult to put the best in the world, and possibly a top 5 all time down, especially when they are also in their prime.

Hard to tell considering we haven't seen him since, horrible example tbh. Maybe if he would of built on it but we're never going to know since he's been injured ever since. Taking into consideration what has transpired though Rose belongs nowhere near both KD and LBJ right now. That year when Lebron choked in the finals and Rose won MVP you could of made a small case but like I said faith had other plans.

Hawkeye15
04-05-2014, 06:37 PM
He's the clear MVP. But needs a ring to be best player. I'm not one to judge solely off stats.

I generally don't agree that a player NEEDS a ring to be the best, but Durant has a very good team capable of winning it all around him. In that scenario, they had better go deep in the playoffs and he better play out of his mind if we are going to say he had the best season.

LeBron was the best player in the league well before he won his first ring for instance.

randyorton33
04-05-2014, 06:55 PM
KD was the better man this season. Therefore KD is the best player in the world atm

archdevil84
04-05-2014, 07:07 PM
i think lebron is playing worse then last 2 seasons. sometimes he's lazy on defense and he's avering a lot of turnovers this year. Right now KD is having a better season but i would stil take lebron over him at this point in time. maybe in a few years when lebron starts to slow down

slashsnake
04-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Hard to tell considering we haven't seen him since, horrible example tbh. Maybe if he would of built on it but we're never going to know since he's been injured ever since. Taking into consideration what has transpired though Rose belongs nowhere near both KD and LBJ right now. That year when Lebron choked in the finals and Rose won MVP you could of made a small case but like I said faith had other plans.

Not that hard, he wasn't then even. Voter fatigue and again who cares about defense, and get the new name in. No offense but Nash shouldn't win more MVP's than Kobe. And remember that was the year Rose met Lebron in the playoffs. That case died then and there.

If what Lebron did was choke in the finals, well we need a new word to describe Rose in the ECF.

mdm692
04-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Not that hard, he wasn't then even. Voter fatigue and again who cares about defense, and get the new name in. No offense but Nash shouldn't win more MVP's than Kobe. And remember that was the year Rose met Lebron in the playoffs. That case died then and there.

If what Lebron did was choke in the finals, well we need a new word to describe Rose in the ECF.

How can you award the MVP to a player which can't even get his team out of the 1st round? At that time Kobe. Andas good as a defensive team thay Chicago was they were never getting past Miami with Bogans as their SG when they were facing a top 2 sg, the best sf and a top 5 pf. The simple fact that Rose played PG and SG(not literally, before some smart *** makes an idiotic remark) at the same time earned him the MVP along with the excellent coaching of Thibs which combined attributed to the 62 wins.

Shammyguy3
04-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Mdm... to be fair, Rose did **** the bed mightily in that series. There's no defending his awful decision making, turning the ball over and forcing things while settling for jump shots far too often when he wasn't making them.

Bruno
04-05-2014, 08:56 PM
he needs to surpass him in the post-season. LBJ is 'coasting' until proven otherwise. can't wait for the real season to begin. so excited for playoffs.

tredigs
04-05-2014, 09:05 PM

A few years ago...

Now...

The guy who was one upped both offensively and defensively throughout the course of the season is "HANDS DOWN" better than the one who bested him? That's one way to look at it.

I'd wait to see how each respond in the playoffs on an individual level this season to get a clearer picture of where LBJ is currently at, and just how high KD will ascend. But at the very least they are alone on the mountain top currently. Neither is hands down better than the other, but KD just became the first guy to top an LBJ regular season in half a decade, and there's very little reason to think that trend won't continue (and likely expand) going forward.

Supreme LA
04-05-2014, 09:06 PM

A few years ago...

Now...

Why do you have to bring Kobe in to this?

This is the exact reason I'm asking the question. I'm just making sure you Kobe haters stay consistent is all. These are the arguments people like you use for debates. It's people like you who go only off stats and try to discredit Kobe's rings as if they aren't part of the equation.

Again, I'm just making sure you guys are consistent. It's quite ironic if you guys all of a sudden change your criteria for KD over Lebron.

RateSports
04-05-2014, 09:23 PM
You should leave the bomb shelter where you and all the other trolls apparently live.

Hahahahahahahahaha this is the greatest post.

Hawkeye15
04-05-2014, 09:24 PM

This is the exact reason I'm asking the question. I'm just making sure you Kobe haters stay consistent is all. These are the arguments people like you use for debates. It's people like you who go only off stats and try to discredit Kobe's rings as if they aren't part of the equation.

Again, I'm just making sure you guys are consistent. It's quite ironic if you guys all of a sudden change your criteria for KD over Lebron.

why did you skip right over my response to you?

Hawkize31
04-05-2014, 09:30 PM
I think Lebron still holds the title of 'best player'. Durant has earned the MVP, but its not like hes head and shoulders above Lebron now.

PPG:
KD 32.1 > Lebron 27.6 - this is huge for the MVP race. When 2 players are close for MVP honors and have similar team records, and one outscores the other by almost 5ppg, thats game over.

But take a closer look.
FGA per game:
KD 20.6 > Lebron 17.4
FG%:
Lebron 56.8% > 50.8%
Points per FGA:
KD 1.55 > Lebron 1.54

To me, thats so close you could basically call it a tie. Lebron makes a higher percentage, but shoots less 3s. They score almost the same points per FGA, KD just shoots more.

Rebs/game:
KD 7.6 > Lebron 6.9
Assists/game:
Lebron 6.5 > KD 5.6

Again, this is a tie IMO. 13.4 combined rebs and assists for LBJ vs. 13.2 for KD.

I see a lot of evidence they are pretty much on the same level, but not much evidence that either guy is ahead of the other. And since Lebron has been the 'best player' for about 5-7 years, I think he keeps that title until KD can take a real step ahead of him, not "maybe an ever-so-slight nudge ahead but its kind of up for debate". KD needs to erase all doubt if he wants that distinction.

mdm692
04-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Mdm... to be fair, Rose did **** the bed mightily in that series. There's no defending his awful decision making, turning the ball over and forcing things while settling for jump shots far too often when he wasn't making them.

He just got shut down by the best defender in the NBA at the time. All I'm saying is that at one point there was a small argument to be made, as diminutive as it may have been, but faith took Lebron to the top and Rose off the picture for the past 2-3 years. Lebron clearly became the superior player hands down and there is no denying that.

beyourself
04-05-2014, 09:34 PM
because there still isn't a large statistical difference, and we don't know what these guys will look like come playoff time. Furthermore, one season of statistical superiority doesn't do it. Now, if he starts routinely putting up stronger seasons than LeBron, regular season and playoffs, then we can look back to this year and say this was the year. But it's too early to say that.

I didn't think LeBron was the best player in the league in 07-08', at the time. It wasn't until another year went by where we could start to pinpoint that was the year he basically became the best player in the league. For some, it took even another 2-3 seasons.

Basically, keep showing it Durant, because you don't knock off a player of LeBron's caliber, over the course of 7 years of completely dominant play, with 75 regular season games.

Durant has been the 2nd best player in the NBA since 09-10. I understand where you are coming from in that this is probably the first time Durant has been playing better than LeBron for an extended period of time. But Durant has been straight balling for 5 years.

I think the bolded is a discredit to him.

mdm692
04-05-2014, 09:38 PM

Because the Lebron haters loved to use Kobe's rings to bring down LBJ back then and now they want to disregard Lebrons rings just to keep on hating and say KD is better. It's just a comparison so don't even start on Kobe please. KD vs LBJ that's it move on. And I hate Lebron but he paid his dues, earned his place in history and proved his worth.

beyourself
04-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Because the Lebron haters loved to use Kobe's rings to bring down LBJ back then and now they want to disregard Lebrons rings just to keep on hating and say KD is better. It's just a comparison so don't even start on Kobe please. KD vs LBJ that's it move on. And I hate Lebron but he paid his dues, earned his place in history and proved his worth.

Just ignore the insecure Kobe stans. That's all you have to do.

Hawkeye15
04-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Durant has been the 2nd best player in the NBA since 09-10. I understand where you are coming from in that this is probably the first time Durant has been playing better than LeBron for an extended period of time. But Durant has been straight balling for 5 years.

I get that he hasn't exactly come out of nowhere, but the fact is, he needs to not only prove it come playoffs, but sustain it to knock of LeBron.

UPRock
04-05-2014, 10:04 PM
People said the same thing when Rose won the MVP, LeBron won 2 MVP's after that.

Minimal
04-05-2014, 10:06 PM
LeBron is still the best player, sorry. Its just LeBron is coasting this regular season. Scoring wise they are pretty much the same, LBJ shoots less but has higher FG%, if he shot the same amount as KD and got all the ticky tack fouls he gets, his PPG would be around 32 this year. LeBron is much better defensively, which makes up of half of the game. And during their meetings its pretty clear who trully is the better player.

beyourself
04-05-2014, 10:10 PM
I get that he hasn't exactly come out of nowhere, but the fact is, he needs to not only prove it come playoffs, but sustain it to knock of LeBron.

By sustaining it do you mean sustaining play at a higher level than LeBron? Durant has a solid body of work. And now he's outplayed LeBron for basically an entire season. If it continues through the playoffs and into next year this discussion would get interesting.

jerellh528
04-05-2014, 10:33 PM

True

Shammyguy3
04-05-2014, 10:43 PM
He just got shut down by the best defender in the NBA at the time. All I'm saying is that at one point there was a small argument to be made, as diminutive as it may have been, but faith took Lebron to the top and Rose off the picture for the past 2-3 years. Lebron clearly became the superior player hands down and there is no denying that.

Lebron guarded him for a total of like 10 minutes during that series :laugh2: the "Rose got shut down by the best defender in the game" bit is soooooooooooo blatantly over-stated. Rose sucked every second of the game, and Lebron did nothing different than that entire defense did trapping Rose on every pick and roll and meeting him with two bigs at the rim every time he got into the paint

And I don't think Rose was ever near that top player of the league status. He was, on the best of best days, top-3 with Lebron and Dwight that season. Then you also had Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, and Kevin Durant there as well. Rose was realistically a top-7 player that year.

ghettosean
04-05-2014, 11:13 PM
I'm curious because I haven't seen it but does Durant flop... We all know LBJ does it because many times he makes it so obvious but has Durant got caught blatantly flopping?

Method28
04-05-2014, 11:19 PM
I'm curious because I haven't seen it but does Durant flop... We all know LBJ does it because many times he makes it so obvious but has Durant got caught blatantly flopping?

He doesn't need to. You sneeze on Durant and it's a foul.

Avenged
04-05-2014, 11:25 PM

In the words of Clippers Ralph Lawler "BINGO!!!"

mdm692
04-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Lebron guarded him for a total of like 10 minutes during that series :laugh2: the "Rose got shut down by the best defender in the game" bit is soooooooooooo blatantly over-stated. Rose sucked every second of the game, and Lebron did nothing different than that entire defense did trapping Rose on every pick and roll and meeting him with two bigs at the rim every time he got into the paint

And I don't think Rose was ever near that top player of the league status. He was, on the best of best days, top-3 with Lebron and Dwight that season. Then you also had Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, and Kevin Durant there as well. Rose was realistically a top-7 player that year.

Rose was averaging 23.4ppg 4.0rpg 6.6apg 1.0 spg. His fg % was horrible as was his 3pt % which came from facing an elite perimeter D in Miami. All games were close decided by single digits and when it was time for Rose to go to work in the last 2 min he got SHUT DOWN by LBJ, who basically guarded him the last 2-3 min of every game. TBH though the determining factor in the series was Bosh who came through big for Miami in Chicago and helped take back HCA.

MTar786
04-05-2014, 11:41 PM
durant is the best atm. and one thing he needs to start getting recognition for is that IMO he is on his way to being the most clutch player of all time. yes more than my kobe, more than reggie, jordan or dirk.

MTar786
04-05-2014, 11:43 PM

better than when loebron gets touched they check to see if they can call it a flagrant for some strange reason

FlashBolt
04-06-2014, 12:18 AM
Notice how it's all the LAL fans who hate LeBron.

MTar786
04-06-2014, 12:51 AM

is durant a laker?

Supreme LA
04-06-2014, 01:11 AM

And notice it's only the Lebron fans who are butthurt?

Supreme LA
04-06-2014, 01:12 AM

Let's not even start with that because your idol Lebron gets more phantom calls than anyone in the league...smh.

Denver-boy
04-06-2014, 01:59 AM
Congrats to KD on an MVP season, he played like a killer this year. But he did say it would happen! Move over LeBron.

Move over? Durant get a ring first lol

Denver-boy
04-06-2014, 02:01 AM

They're just trying to stay relevant this season, don't mind them.

koreancabbage
04-06-2014, 02:54 AM
Let's not even start with that because your idol Lebron gets more phantom calls than anyone in the league...smh.

lol is that his fault? Both get the benefit of the call. Durant gets way more calls than Lebron and he doesn't even play physical nor tries to create contact. I'm actually surprised by the difference in calls for Durant vs Lebron. Lebron plays more physical yet Durant gets all the ticky tacky calls. If the calls on Durant aren't phantom calls, i dont know what is. Again, i'm not saying its Durants or Lebron's fault, and it isn't. its the officiating and rules that has been gotten worse.

kingsdelez24
04-06-2014, 03:54 AM
Saying that KD is better than LeBron now is like saying that Karl Malone is better than Jordan in 98

Supreme LA
04-06-2014, 04:47 AM
Saying that KD is better than LeBron now is like saying that Karl Malone is better than Jordan in 98

That's quite a stretch and not even close to being a comparable analogy.

R. Johnson#3
04-06-2014, 06:43 AM
KD is definitely the MVP this year. Does that make him a better player than Lebron? No.

Delrayhc
04-06-2014, 07:34 AM
KD had a fantastic year and definitely deserves the MVP.

Snapshot
04-06-2014, 08:15 AM
On the subject of ticky tack fouls, ive never seen anyone get more than KD its ridiculous...top 3 of all time in that regard (in recent memory) is KD, Wade in his prime, and now Harden. Kobe and LBJ are both bout average in regards to gettin the ticky tack fouls called, its not outrageous for either tbh.

On topic LBJ is still the best but in no more than 2 years KD will be hands down, it's already debatable now...in another season or 2 it wont be.

Shammyguy3
04-06-2014, 09:17 AM

Rose was averaging 23.4ppg 4.0rpg 6.6apg 1.0 spg. His fg % was horrible as was his 3pt % which came from facing an elite perimeter D in Miami. All games were close decided by single digits and when it was time for Rose to go to work in the last 2 min he got SHUT DOWN by LBJ, who basically guarded him the last 2-3 min of every game. TBH though the determining factor in the series was Bosh who came through big for Miami in Chicago and helped take back HCA.

You're not getting my point. Lebron James didn't do anything differently or more effectively guarding Rose than anybody else did that series. If you rewatch the games, Rose got past Lebron multiple times and was greeted at the rim with multiple defenders. Then when Lebron realized he couldn't keep up with Rose playing so close to him, he backed off and let him shoot 20 foot jump shots which Rose gladly (and stupidly) accepted.

The determining factor in that series was Miami's defense because they stifled Rose better through 5 games (even the first game where the Bulls won Rose played poorly) than any other team in the league had done.

Kaner
04-06-2014, 12:34 PM

A few years ago...

Now...

Whhaaat? Those are ridiculous requirements for someone to be considered a better player. According to you by the time Durant(or anybody) can even be considered for being better then Lebron won't be until Lebron is leaving his prime when Durant is playing right now as well as we've ever seen Lebron. Their isn't a time requirement for one player to surpass another, all time does is prove it.

As to Durant can't 'touch' Lebron yet, do you realize that Durant might be having the greatest offensive season ever? Wilt and Jordans best years are the only seasons with an argument for being better. Generally Historically great seasons tend to make an argument for best player in the nba.

beyourself
04-06-2014, 12:45 PM
I just need to say a few things about the fouls.

1. Everybody who hates on Durant wouldn't care nearly as much about his 10 FTA's per game if he was a horrible Free Throw shooter, but since he is a career 88% from the line he is always making them.

2. LeBron has taken 10 FTA's per season three times in his career

3. LeBron generally gets away with a stiff arm on every halfcourt drive he takes. If he wants to stiff arm and the defender also makes contact the refs are more inclined for a no call.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-06-2014, 01:20 PM

Lmao! Durant has had a much better season, in a ten times harder conference. Lebron has beat up on the pathetic easy his whole career.

slashsnake
04-06-2014, 01:45 PM
You're not getting my point. Lebron James didn't do anything differently or more effectively guarding Rose than anybody else did that series.

You didn't see that series...

Lebron mostly just covered Rose in the 4th quarter.

I remember ESPN talking about it how when Lebron was on Rose, Derrick Rose shot 6 percent in that series.

The determining factor in that series was that the bulls averaged 16 points a game in the fourth quarter in their four straight losses. Which just happened to be the one quarter Lebron spent most of his time covering the league MVP. I'd call that a "determining factor".

slashsnake
04-06-2014, 01:45 PM
"NEXT LEVEL: After going 0-for-5 from the floor with a turnover when guarded by LeBron James in Game 4, Derrick Rose struggled against him once again Thursday, going 1-for-10 with two turnovers in Game 5. Rose shot 6.3 percent from the floor in the series when defended by James, lowest among any player that defended him on five or more plays."

From ESPN's game box score for game 5.

nastynice
04-06-2014, 01:56 PM
I think Lebron still is the better player but Durant had a slightly better year.

x2

nastynice
04-06-2014, 01:59 PM
I just need to say a few things about the fouls.

1. Everybody who hates on Durant wouldn't care nearly as much about his 10 FTA's per game if he was a horrible Free Throw shooter, but since he is a career 88% from the line he is always making them.

2. LeBron has taken 10 FTA's per season three times in his career

3. LeBron generally gets away with a stiff arm on every halfcourt drive he takes. If he wants to stiff arm and the defender also makes contact the refs are more inclined for a no call.

not sure how the thread tuned into this, I just skipped from page 1 to 5, but yea, lol, lebron steady stiff arming fools like adrian peterson.

Riodagoat
04-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Kobe nut-huggers and Lebron haters be like:

"Lebron is not better than Kobe because 5 rings > 2 rings"
"KD has surpassed Lebron. You can't use ring arguments because they are a team accomplishment."

Gotta love it

FreakaNashur
04-06-2014, 04:42 PM
idk how many times it has to be stress that MVP doesn't mean better/best player

KD deserves it, it is his year..congratulations Kevin Durant.

JC_
04-06-2014, 04:49 PM
I think it's KD's time for mvp. Lebron is still obviously the better all-around player though.

numba1CHANGsta
04-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Durant is so much more likable than LeBron. I love his style and personality. The LeBron era is coming to an end whether he stays in MIA where they will be old and brittle or he goes somewhere else but won't have the kind of success he has had in MIA

OaklandsFinest
04-06-2014, 05:10 PM

This!! Lebron plays all facets of the game, and Wade has missed more games than Westbrook, and his impact on the game is bigger. Sorry Durant, wrong era.

JC_
04-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Durant is so much more likable than LeBron. I love his style and personality. The LeBron era is coming to an end whether he stays in MIA where they will be old and brittle or he goes somewhere else but won't have the kind of success he has had in MIA

I think a lot of people that have the hater gene don't like Lebron. I personally don't understand it, considering Lebron is a very positive guy who has gone out of his way to do good things time and time again.

Delrayhc
04-06-2014, 05:27 PM

I think a lot of people that have the hater gene don't like Lebron. I personally don't understand it, considering Lebron is a very positive guy who has gone out of his way to do good things time and time again.

I like KDs personality better than LeBron but I don't think he's a jerk off. People who do hate him have the hater gene. He's said some stupid s**t but I don't see where he's done anything that gives anyone a true reason to hate him.

THE MTL
04-06-2014, 05:43 PM
I feel like Lebron been on auto pilot this year. After winning 2 championships, multiple mvps, etc..... the regular season is just about securing home court advantage in the playoffs

3RDASYSTEM
04-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Like I've said on here before that KD has been battling BRON for mvp past few yrs so I don't get all the hoopla and bent out of shape folk on here, its like when BARKLEY/MALONE won over JORDAN or when IVERSON trumped SHAQ/DUNCAN its just when you are best of the best it can come down to win-loss record and who has the best stat play down the stretch after being so close all year long, BARKLEY was every bit as good as JORDAN for most part on the hardwood, just not the media fame

this has nothing to do with deep playoff runs nor scoring tiles nor amount of rings or mvp awards, this comes down to who is having the better year both all around stats+w-l+clutch+lack of bad games because its clear they have played long enough to see its going to come down those 2 and a HOWARD/CP3/MELO type other style player, I would imagine if LOVE was on big market winning team he would garner more votes than CP3/HOWARD/GRIFFIN based on sheer stats alone

BRON Is in like his 11th season so he is on flip side of the other half at this stage and KD is in like 6-7th season ripe for the taking but it still feel he may be a couple yrs back from winning and HOWARD/HARDEN and CP3/GRIFFIN wont make it any easier for him, which may also help him win mvp next couple yrs if he can have best record or better than BRON's team in tougher conference top to bottom

Quinnsanity
04-06-2014, 06:27 PM
KD is the MVP, LeBron is the best player.

Munkeysuit
04-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Lets just put it this way, look at how great Durant has to be to even be in contention with James for an MVP trophy...this is just an MVP trophy guys, this is not a "move over Lebron" moment happening here, this is KD playing out of his mind and he still isn't out of the woods just yet in the MVP race...all this proves to me (and I'm not a KD hater) is how much further progressed Lebron's game is than Durant's, Kevin Durant has a LONG way to go to catch #6 (which I personally think he will) but at this moment? I think one of them has tunnel vision, while the other sees the bigger picture...I'll let you figure out who.

sammyvine
04-06-2014, 07:01 PM

I think Lebron is the better player but quiet a bit but Durant is far more likeable. i can warm to him far more than Lebron even though I don't really like the amount of phantom calls Durant gets

sammyvine
04-06-2014, 07:02 PM

Not really

some stars are just not as likeable as other athletes. ...

A lot of people prefer Steph Curry to Westbrook, Tim Duncan to Garnett...just the way it is.

Hawkeye15
04-06-2014, 07:08 PM
Not really

A lot of people prefer Steph Curry to Westbrook, Tim Duncan to Garnett...just the way it is.

very true. I mean, who actually liked A-Rod, or Bonds, or Tiger for instance?

But I really have never gotten how LeBron is hated so much. By all accounts, he seems like a good guy. Never in trouble, never in the news for anything but his sport, and great with giving back to the community, great teammate. Not sure why he gets the same level of hate as some of the biggest douchebags in sports.

Minimal
04-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Not really

Yeah, I always rooted for Vegeta to beat Goku to death and phuk Bulma and Chi Chi in a threesome.

N.Carolina King
04-06-2014, 07:22 PM

I mean no disrespect, as I'm new to this site, and I see you are one of the vets. However, are you being serious with this statement?

Once again I mean no disrespect, but if you were being serious, I'd have no choice but to never take anything you say in the future seriously.

Kaner
04-06-2014, 07:27 PM
I mean no disrespect, as I'm new to this site, and I see you are one of the vets. However, are you being serious with this statement?

Once again I mean no disrespect, but if you were being serious, I'd have no choice but to never take anything you say in the future seriously.

Of course he's not, everyone knows based god lifted the curse.

Avenged
04-06-2014, 07:37 PM

Welcome to the club!

Jk manrammer :)

JC_
04-06-2014, 08:03 PM

Yeah, understandable. I was talking about the people who hate Lebron. Guys who would pick the other guy vs Lebron in "likeability" no matter who it was. There are also people who dislike Steve Nash or Shane Battier for whatever reason, I can't think of a reason to not like either one of those guys. Some guys just have the Clayton Bigsby mentality.

"If you have hate in your heart let it out!" - Clayton Bigsby circa 2003.

JC_
04-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Of course he's not, everyone knows based god lifted the curse.

I thought based god put the curse back on?

Supreme LA
04-06-2014, 08:17 PM

But I really have never gotten how LeBron is hated so much. By all accounts, he seems like a good guy. Never in trouble, never in the news for anything but his sport, and great with giving back to the community, great teammate. Not sure why he gets the same level of hate as some of the biggest douchebags in sports.

I think it's the flopping, arrogance, referring to himself in 3rd person, victim mentality, leaving Cleveland and promoting the it with "The Decision" on national tv, colluding with his buddies to ensure an easy road to the ECF each season, and there are others I'm sure.

There are tons of reasons people don't like stars. Everybody's values and opinions differ just as many people don't like Kobe for some reasons. I don't complain about it. I just chalk it up to being that everybody has differing opinions of what they dislike about people so it varies.

Just don't act like Lebron doesn't have qualities that makes him unlikable because I would never do that for Kobe. In the end, despite all those reasons I listed, while I don't like him personally I would never let that blind me from the fact that he is the most physically gifted athlete in the game's history IMO.

And just because I think KD is the better player now it shouldn't mean I'm just hating on Lebron because I really do believe KD is better. That's my opinion and you have yours.

Hawkeye15
04-06-2014, 08:33 PM
I think it's the flopping, arrogance, referring to himself in 3rd person, victim mentality, leaving Cleveland and promoting the it with "The Decision" on national tv, colluding with his buddies to ensure an easy road to the ECF each season, and there are others I'm sure.

There are tons of reasons people don't like stars. Everybody's values and opinions differ just as many people don't like Kobe for some reasons. I don't complain about it. I just chalk it up to being that everybody has differing opinions of what they dislike about people so it varies.

Just don't act like Lebron doesn't have qualities that makes him unlikable because I would never do that for Kobe. In the end, despite all those reasons I listed, while I don't like him personally I would never let that blind me from the fact that he is the most physically gifted athlete in the game's history IMO.

And just because I think KD is the better player now it shouldn't mean I'm just hating on Lebron because I really do believe KD is better. That's my opinion and you have yours.

Karl Malone referred to himself in the 3rd person his entire life. Do you hate him?

Again, he isn't A-Rod, Tiger, or some athlete who is just despicable as a person, nor has he ever been in trouble off the court, failed a drug test, or been a documented bad teammate.

I really don't get the hate for him. You try not having some arrogance when by age 15, you are on the cover of SI, and being called the "Chosen One".

Kobe is actually an unlikeable person to me. And nearly everyone who has played with him or coached him agrees. The same can never be said of LeBron. And I won't even get into the rape crap, but cmon, the breakup of the Lakers was in large part due to Kobe. And flopping? Remember when they started calling Kobe for offensive fouls, FINALLY, when he did his leg kickout, arm flailing, carnal scream sell job on his jumpers?

ghettosean
04-06-2014, 08:45 PM

Hawkeye knows this because he says yhe same sorry thing in every Lebron thread as if people are reading him say "i don't get why Lebron is so hated?"... Then you get multiple people saying the samething like you or I like--> him self proclaiming himself the king, him dumping on his home crowd on public tv and running to Miami for easy rings, flopping, arrogance... etc

Hawkeye says the samething in every thread I honest don't know if he's baiting/trolling or just in denial.

Hawkeye15
04-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Hawkeye knows this because he says yhe same sorry thing in every Lebron thread as if people are reading him say "i don't get why Lebron is so hated?"... Then you get multiple people saying the samething like you or I like--> him self proclaiming himself the king, him dumping on his home crowd on public tv and running to Miami for easy rings, flopping, arrogance... etc

Hawkeye says the samething in every thread I honest don't know if he's baiting/trolling or just in denial.

I am not in denial, I simply don't get the hate for LeBron. Never have. It's literally the only reason I became a fan of his.

He isn't a cheater, liar, bad person, bad teammate, in trouble with the law, nothing. I will never get it. The hatred level for him is on the same level as A-Rod's was. Difference is, A-Rod is the most self absorbed douchebag on the planet. LeBron isn't.

Just don't get it. And nothing you can say is going to change my mind. Unfortunately, many of you guys are so blind with your hatred towards him, it will be years after he is gone before you realize how lucky you were to watch him.

Oh well...

ghettosean
04-06-2014, 09:39 PM

I am not in denial, I simply don't get the hate for LeBron. Never have. It's literally the only reason I became a fan of his.

He isn't a cheater, liar, bad person, bad teammate, in trouble with the law, nothing. I will never get it. The hatred level for him is on the same level as A-Rod's was. Difference is, A-Rod is the most self absorbed douchebag on the planet. LeBron isn't.

Just don't get it. And nothing you can say is going to change my mind. Unfortunately, many of you guys are so blind with your hatred towards him, it will be years after he is gone before you realize how lucky you were to watch him.

Oh well...

Yes flopping isn't cheating then saying there after where's the foul isn't lying :facepalm:

I've seen many greats before Bron he's not on the top of I'm so lucky to have seen him list (mainly because I dont think for a split second he'd be putting up these numbers against the teams of old like the bulls, bad boy pistons, knicks etc... he would get dismantled) and for the record currently i appreciate Durants game more than Brons. KD has got mad skills and is something special to see Bron is just an athletic freak and is a product of the way the game is regulated today. He wouldn't be close to as special if he played in any other era before 2000.

Call it hatred if you want and I'll call it the way it is. See you next week!

3RDASYSTEM
04-06-2014, 09:40 PM
Pretty much this. LBJ had won 3 MVP's, 1 finals MVP, and a championship yet people still didn't give him any credit. IMO the loss to Dallas is what took him to the next level and he proved it with a monster season and a dominant playoffs. KD is up there with him right now and is on the right track but he will not pass him until he continues what he's done in the reg season in the playoffs and finals.

this is the thing about what I be talking about game from day 1, BRON was already on that next level proving it 7yrs in Cleveland, the loss to dallas was just a bad series since he destroyed the regular season and prior 3rds leading up to finals in 11', then came back and won back to back ships/nba mvps so just prove that he Is who we all thought he was, same with KD now and past few yrs

BRON was the same player in 07 finals when POP dared him to jumpshot with inferior talent support and he dared him to shoot in 13' finals with superior talent support.....for the last and final time I put it to rest, you are who you are from day 1 until mediahype/PER/WS get involved, period

if KD/BRON can play until 40 they have a chance, other than that it prob wont happen with the injury bug always lurking

jerellh528
04-06-2014, 09:44 PM
this is the thing about what I be talking about game from day 1, BRON was already on that next level proving it 7yrs in Cleveland, the loss to dallas was just a bad series since he destroyed the regular season and prior 3rds leading up to finals in 11', then came back and won back to back ships/nba mvps so just prove that he Is who we all thought he was, same with KD now and past few yrs

BRON was the same player in 07 finals when POP dared him to jumpshot with inferior talent support and he dared him to shoot in 13' finals with superior talent support.....for the last and final time I put it to rest, you are who you are from day 1 until mediahype/PER/WS get involved, period

if KD/BRON can play until 40 they have a chance, other than that it prob wont happen with the injury bug always lurking

Nah

3RDASYSTEM
04-06-2014, 09:48 PM

Oh well...

I've hard stories about BRON in club interacting with females differently than what you are saying and just because they aren't leaked out publicly its because he is well protected by media, since he Is friendly like for his image and has a brand of his own to uphold

food for thought, if you hang around billionaires like BUFFETT and aspire to be a billionaire(like WOODS did) then you are bound to be a liar/cheater/faker, image wise and all, BRON fits that bill to a tee since that story about his mom doing WEST and now dating a rapper leaked out to media

he also was called a quitter in final playoff year with cavs and also wearing that Tshirt rubbed people the wrong way plus the 'espn decision' and his flopping incidents just added on to anything that the so called haters were looking for, small stuff but in hindsight it all is

BRON is pretty much squeaky clean because he is the new age JORDAN and we all know how that guy was protected by stern/media heads

of course its nice to watch BRON, just like it was WILT and so on im sure though I didn't get to see him, i'm still trying to figure out how he could avg 50 and 25 for single season and how KD is chasing 80 straight games of 25+ pts and not the mediahyped version of 40 by JORDAN, now that's crazy and KD has a shot at breaking/tying that mark, now that's some appreciation also to watch unfold

JC_
04-06-2014, 10:00 PM
I've hard stories about BRON in club interacting with females differently than what you are saying and just because they aren't leaked out publicly its because he is well protected by media, since he Is friendly like for his image and has a brand of his own to uphold

food for thought, if you hang around billionaires like BUFFETT and aspire to be a billionaire(like WOODS did) then you are bound to be a liar/cheater/faker, image wise and all, BRON fits that bill to a tee since that story about his mom doing WEST and now dating a rapper leaked out to media

he also was called a quitter in final year with cavs and also wearing that Tshirt rubbed people the wrong way and his flopping incidents just added on to anything that the so called haters were looking for, small stuff but in hindsight it all is

BRON is pretty much squeaky clean because he is the new age JORDAN and we all know how that guy was protected by stern/media heads

So, if you are super rich or aspire to be super rich you are a bound to be a "liar/cheater/faker".. and Lebron is being protected by the media? lol

Hawkeye15
04-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Yes flopping isn't cheating then saying there after where's the foul isn't lying :facepalm:

I've seen many greats before Bron he's not on the top of I'm so lucky to have seen him list (mainly because I dont think for a split second he'd be putting up these numbers against the teams of old like the bulls, bad boy pistons, knicks etc... he would get dismantled) and for the record currently i appreciate Durants game more than Brons. KD has got mad skills and is something special to see Bron is just an athletic freak and is a product of the way the game is regulated today. He wouldn't be close to as special if he played in any other era before 2000.

are you 11?

Hawkeye15
04-06-2014, 10:08 PM

he also was called a quitter in final playoff year with cavs and also wearing that Tshirt rubbed people the wrong way plus the 'espn decision' and his flopping incidents just added on to anything that the so called haters were looking for, small stuff but in hindsight it all is

of course its nice to watch BRON, just like it was WILT and so on im sure though I didn't get to see him, i'm still trying to figure out how he could avg 50 and 25 for single season and how KD is chasing 80 straight pts and not the mediahyped version of 40 by JORDAN, now that's crazy and KD has a shot at breaking/tying that mark, now that's some appreciation also to watch unfold

I have to be honest, I have never read, nor will read, a full post of yours. It's so incoherent.

3RDASYSTEM
04-06-2014, 10:41 PM
I have to be honest, I have never read, nor will read, a full post of yours. It's so incoherent.

I have to be honest, since you copy and paste my post and reply with nothing im guessing you are in shock of the incoherent factual stories of your man crush on BRON

If you cant understand basic English then I don't see how you even reply to say you don't read a full post when in actuality you cant reply to it because it carries weight, BRON is no different just protected very well

go google and read that and see how coherent it comes out to be

3RDASYSTEM
04-06-2014, 10:49 PM
So, if you are super rich or aspire to be super rich you are a bound to be a "liar/cheater/faker".. and Lebron is being protected by the media? lol

birds of the same feather flock together

yeah he is just like manning and others are protected, he will get his one day for sure, just like FAVRE did upon his retirement with the picture sending fiasco

you do understand that pretty much all these corporate companies and cities are built on slave/drug trade right? now add wall street(BUFFETT) and you got some of the most cut throat maniacs in his story of mankind(liar/cheater/faker/insert what you like)

and you can google that also and see if im crazy and read this incoherent quote from a legend who I guess is as crazy as I am for speaking what actually happens

Food for thought i'll do the dishes:

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.

John Lennon

so if you aspire to be super rich you will hang with the real wolf of wall street, W BUFFETT

Now go take your 3 letter female phrase and ponder on that incoherent quote, HAWKEYE98215 included also

3RDASYSTEM
04-06-2014, 10:53 PM
Nah

im taking the HAWKEYE weak route, go post his PER and compare his averages across the board and I guarantee you its pretty much the same

matter of fact make it easy on yourself and think of that 07' eastern conference finals and compare it to that 13' finals and tell me whats the difference between the player of BRON other than better team talent?

I bet your reply wont be a weak 'nah'
you guys amaze me how you try to transform a player like the weak media does, he was the same player out of HS who was doing the same exact thing, free throws was a weakness on scouting report just like it is now, and he has 'improved', big deal its still a weakness but he does everything else the same, upon being drafted they said he has court vision like MAGIC, how in the hell has that changed 11yrs later?

I get it though, NAH

JJ_JKidd
04-06-2014, 11:09 PM

Okay we are all obsessed with the regular season MVP when the Finals MVP is all that matters. Until Lebron keeps winning those FMVPs, he has no reason to move on. So lets just all move on.

Hawkeye15
04-06-2014, 11:14 PM
I have to be honest, since you copy and paste my post and reply with nothing im guessing you are in shock of the incoherent factual stories of your man crush on BRON

If you cant understand basic English then I don't see how you even reply to say you don't read a full post when in actuality you cant reply to it because it carries weight, BRON is no different just protected very well

go google and read that and see how coherent it comes out to be

no offense, seriously, but your posts are just a lot of babbling. I really don't mean to offend you, I probably shouldn't have even responded initially. I just don't think you are good at putting your thoughts on paper.

beyourself
04-07-2014, 12:01 AM
http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/51c3d72569bedd5b5300000d-800-/lebron-james-trophies-nba-finals-2013.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KZXWHcf08jI/Tb-ppoY2G8I/AAAAAAAAAp4/XJsZTHuB4bM/s1600/Series+MVP+and+guard+Michael+Jordan+of+the+Chicago +Bulls+hugs+the+championship+trophy+as+the+Bulls+d efeated+the+Los+Angeles+Lakers%252C+1991.jpg

This represents why I'm not a huge LeBron fan.

Supreme LA
04-07-2014, 12:02 AM
Karl Malone referred to himself in the 3rd person his entire life. Do you hate him?

Again, he isn't A-Rod, Tiger, or some athlete who is just despicable as a person, nor has he ever been in trouble off the court, failed a drug test, or been a documented bad teammate.

I really don't get the hate for him. You try not having some arrogance when by age 15, you are on the cover of SI, and being called the "Chosen One".

Kobe is actually an unlikeable person to me. And nearly everyone who has played with him or coached him agrees. The same can never be said of LeBron. And I won't even get into the rape crap, but cmon, the breakup of the Lakers was in large part due to Kobe. And flopping? Remember when they started calling Kobe for offensive fouls, FINALLY, when he did his leg kickout, arm flailing, carnal scream sell job on his jumpers?

Well you asked why people hate Lebron and I just gave you some possible answers for why. Ofcourse you don't feel the same because you have a different opinion on what you value in a person and everybody is different as I stated earlier. I'm not here to debate whether Lebron or Kobe deserves more hate. You asked and I answered. I don't need you to accept the reasons for why people dislike Lebron just as I don't care to understand your hate for Kobe. It goes both ways and people value different things, it's just a fact of life.

It's clear people have their biases and everybody knows you have yours and so do I. As I said, I'm simply proposing answers for your question. You don't have to agree with it and I wouldn't try to convince you otherwise. I don't understand your need to defend Lebron so blindly when even I don't even feel the need to defend Kobe against you because it would be a waste of time. You hate Kobe. A lot of people hate Lebron. Each group has valid reasons in their own minds to which I don't care to try to understand.

I am curious to where you get your information when you say nearly all of his teammates dislike him. Throughout his 18 year career, I can only think of a few players that actually disliked him. Off the top of my head, I would say Smush Parker, Shaq (who was childish himself), and Dwight. Kobe has played with many players so I believe your making a bit of an exaggeration about this. I've followed the Lakers nearly my entire life so maybe you could explain to me where you got this information from.

I really have to say that you are the most immature moderator on this site. It's not enough for you to blindly cheer and defend Lebron but I've noticed that you clearly take shots at Kobe every chance you get.

Supreme LA
04-07-2014, 12:12 AM
http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/51c3d72569bedd5b5300000d-800-/lebron-james-trophies-nba-finals-2013.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KZXWHcf08jI/Tb-ppoY2G8I/AAAAAAAAAp4/XJsZTHuB4bM/s1600/Series+MVP+and+guard+Michael+Jordan+of+the+Chicago +Bulls+hugs+the+championship+trophy+as+the+Bulls+d efeated+the+Los+Angeles+Lakers%252C+1991.jpg

And that's fine, I can see that. I don't understand why Lebron lovers feel the need to defend the guy so much. He's not humble and it rubs some people the wrong way. No big deal.

How did this thread turn into this? Anyways, back to the topic. KD is better than Lebron and it's only a matter of time til the whole world knows it. Lebron fans argue that Lebron has been better than Kobe since 2008 before he had any rings, when Kobe even went on to win two more titles. It's clear Lebron wasn't better than Kobe in the 07 season. I don't see why they have such a problem with people thinking KD is better than Lebron starting as of this year even without a title yet. It's hipocrosy at it's finest. But who cares they hold onto their opinions while some agree with me.

DetroitBadBoy
04-07-2014, 12:33 AM

LeBron has been playing competitively and winning his whole life, (AAU, prep school, etc.) and he just so happens to have a different personality than Jordan. But I can find pictures of LeBron showing the emotion that makes you respect Jordan so much.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0621/nba_u_james_b2_576.jpg

Minimal
04-07-2014, 02:27 AM

Omg its just stupid, its his arrogant face to say "phuk you" to all the haters he had and will have during his career. But yeah keep on hating.

CHANGO
04-07-2014, 03:16 AM
Omg its just stupid, its his arrogant face to say "phuk you" to all the haters he had and will have during his career. But yeah keep on hating.

LOL funny thing is... He chooses the worst photo to argument about Lebron not being emotional like MJ and being arrogant.

Here is a video of the arrogant Lebron James receiving his first NBA Championship...
http://youtu.be/cwLMPYGkXu4?t=2m5s

Method28
04-07-2014, 03:32 AM

Lol first off....I'm not a LeBron fan so wrong guess. Both of them are great players but when Durant has shot over 500 more fts than LeBron over the past 2 years....something is wrong.

Lebron plays a physical style that is meant to draw fouls. Durant is not a very physical player and gets calls due to his fragile frame. You fart in his direction and Durant would end up in the 2nd row.

tredigs
04-07-2014, 03:42 AM
I wonder how many of these kids realize that Lebron has averaged more FTA's in his career than KD. Or if they even watch NBA basketball, really.

Supreme LA
04-07-2014, 04:35 AM
Lol first off....I'm not a LeBron fan so wrong guess. Both of them are great players but when Durant has shot over 500 more fts than LeBron over the past 2 years....something is wrong.

Lebron plays a physical style that is meant to draw fouls. Durant is not a very physical player and gets calls due to his fragile frame. You fart in his direction and Durant would end up in the 2nd row.

That's absurd and a false interpretation of style of play. You say Lebron is more physical and deserves more calls? Why so? The same could be argued that he mere fact that he initiates and creates the contact is there main reason he doesn't deserve many of the phantom calls he is receiving. And since KD does his best to avoid contact, it falls upon the defender to create contact, or in this case foul, in order to defend the unguardable.

This is the exact delusion I'm talking about with Lebron fans. They literally put a spin on everything that makes absolutely no sense at all and then deny the fact that they are his fans to gain some credibility for objectivity. This is just pure nonsense.

NBA-GMaster
04-07-2014, 08:35 AM
I really dont know if KD will win the MVP this season.. just like what happened to Kobe when steve nash won the mvp..

beyourself
04-07-2014, 09:43 AM
LeBron has been playing competitively and winning his whole life, (AAU, prep school, etc.) and he just so happens to have a different personality than Jordan. But I can find pictures of LeBron showing the emotion that makes you respect Jordan so much.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0621/nba_u_james_b2_576.jpg

It's just the fact that LeBron had the self absorption to actually arrogantly pose like that. I mean who actually really does this crap moments after winning a title? It was entirely an ego thing and maybe you are right about the haters. Nobody superstar has had this type of media exposure and hate so far so it's possible he's rubbing it their faces. Maybe, but do 2 wrongs make a right? No they don't, he's acting like a clown in that picture I first posted.

And I don't hate LeBron, I just don't like him. There is a huge difference there. The first is being an irrational loser with nothing better to do with your life. The other is simply not liking a player and rooting against their team. There is nothing wrong with having a rooting interest in professional sports.

koreancabbage
04-07-2014, 09:55 AM
That's absurd and a false interpretation of style of play. You say Lebron is more physical and deserves more calls? Why so? The same could be argued that he mere fact that he initiates and creates the contact is there main reason he doesn't deserve many of the phantom calls he is receiving. And since KD does his best to avoid contact, it falls upon the defender to create contact, or in this case foul, in order to defend the unguardable.

This is the exact delusion I'm talking about with Lebron fans. They literally put a spin on everything that makes absolutely no sense at all and then deny the fact that they are his fans to gain some credibility for objectivity. This is just pure nonsense.

LOL okay, thats your interpretation of something that is quite subjective. don't call Lebron fans delusional when you're quite possible talking out of your *** about style of play. phantom calls are out of his hands. he isn't blowing the whistle. even if he does flop lol. But it seems like Durant is the one blowing the whistle out there.

Durant DEFINITELY gets phantom calls here and there.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-07-2014, 09:59 AM

I agree with this, but at the same time, isn't it a two way street?

People that crucified Lebron for not having a ring were (rightly) refuted by people that would say its a team game.

Isnt it hypocritical to say that Durant needs to get the ring and do it in the playoffs?

beyourself
04-07-2014, 10:02 AM
I agree with this, but at the same time, isn't it a two way street?

People that crucified Lebron for not having a ring were (rightly) refuted by people that would say its a team game.

Isnt it hypocritical to say that Durant needs to get the ring and do it in the playoffs?

Does two wrongs make a right? Expecting Durant to win a title to become a great player is stupid. There have been plenty of great players who haven't won a ring. People should think for themselves.

LeBron has always had legions of haters and irrational losers reining on his parade. I'm not talking about people who dislike, but legitimate haters. We shouldn't subject Durant to the same thing.

ghettosean
04-07-2014, 10:53 AM

Oh well...

are you 11?

Since no one else will say it I will Hawkeye...

Great rebuttal!!! Very insightful!!!

I feel like I get dumber reading some of your same responses and the same inquiries about Lebron day after day and thread after thread and then when you have nothing more to say you throw an insult to try and win a debate.

:clap::clap::clap:

What a waste of a discussion :facepalm:

Longhornfan1234
04-07-2014, 11:54 AM
LeBron wants to be like KD.

KD is averaging 32 ppg on 64 TS%. KD is the only player in history to average 30+ppg, 50 FG%, 40% 3pt. KD is one of e best ISO defenders in the league. LeBron has never been this good.

JC_
04-07-2014, 12:19 PM
birds of the same feather flock together

yeah he is just like manning and others are protected, he will get his one day for sure, just like FAVRE did upon his retirement with the picture sending fiasco

you do understand that pretty much all these corporate companies and cities are built on slave/drug trade right? now add wall street(BUFFETT) and you got some of the most cut throat maniacs in his story of mankind(liar/cheater/faker/insert what you like)

and you can google that also and see if im crazy and read this incoherent quote from a legend who I guess is as crazy as I am for speaking what actually happens

Food for thought i'll do the dishes:

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.

John Lennon

so if you aspire to be super rich you will hang with the real wolf of wall street, W BUFFETT

Now go take your 3 letter female phrase and ponder on that incoherent quote, HAWKEYE98215 included also

I'd like to try whatever you've been smoking. Not sure how the conversation became about Warren Buffet and hawkeye.

Yes, there is lots of PR that goes on with NBA players. Lebron and Kevin Durant both have PR people deciding what they want the public to see. Your assumption that Lebron is somehow much worse than KD behind closed doors is not very nice.

*scary ghost voice* Oh and by the way, you should be careful with posting your theories online, they see all. They will not tolerate it! :oldguy:

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Yeah, Durant has taken over Lebron pretty quick. Durant will finish higher on the all time ranking.

TheIlladelph16
04-07-2014, 12:59 PM
Since no one else will say it I will Hawkeye...

Great rebuttal!!! Very insightful!!!

I feel like I get dumber reading some of your same responses and the same inquiries about Lebron day after day and thread after thread and then when you have nothing more to say you throw an insult to try and win a debate.

:clap::clap::clap:

What a waste of a discussion :facepalm:

Well, when your spelling, grammar and general thought process is that of a 6th grader, then I'd say its a warranted question, as it is here. You say that Hawk says the same thing over and over again, yet you do the same exact thing from the opposite side of the argument, only Hawks is well thought out and yours.... It's literally the same exact thing you are accusing him off, and you not being able to understand how hypocritical that is further solidifies your 6th grade level posting.

If people don't want to like him for the Cleveland fall out, the flopping or his "arrogance", you know what fine. Go ahead. I don't agree with them, but I at least understand generally where you're coming from on it. But to honestly hate the guy because of a ****ing nickname, a pep rally or that he went to Miami, I truly devalue pretty much anything else you have to say because of how stupid it is.

Nickname? Kobe, Ray Allen, Wade, Shaq, Iverson and damn near every star in this league was known by a nickname. Somehow Black Mamba or Jesus Shuttlesworth are less arrogant and obnoxious than the King? Stupid ****ing criticism.

Pep Rally. He probably should have just gone out there and said, "You know what guys, we're gonna go out there and try really really hard. Hopefully we win some!" That surely would have gotten the crowd at a PEP RALLY more excited, no? Stupid ****ing criticism.

Going to Miami. This has been discussed at length on here, but to reiterate. Lebron wasn't gifted with the teams that Kobe, Magic, Duncan, Durant, etc. were out of the draft. Every single super star ever to win a championship has done it with a ton of help. Accept that this does not diminish your favorite player's accomplishments somehow. Stupid ****ing criticism.

You don't need to like the guy. At least give viable criticisms instead of bull**** so you can just hate the guy not on your team who is going to be a Top 5 player ever and in Lakers fans case, pass their boy on that all-time list.

RiLoc
04-07-2014, 01:35 PM
2013-2014 season:

KD Bron
PER 30.4 29.1
PPG 32.1 26.8
TS% .641 .649
RPG 7.6 6.9
REB% 11.1 11.4
APG 5.6 6.5
AST% 27.1 32.2
Usage 32.9 30.7
WS 18.4 15.2
RPM 6.77 8.11
WAR 16.73 17.07

LeBron is having a weaker season this year. Statistically LeBron's numbers are worse across the board compared to last year with the exception of 2-point field goal percentage and free throw rate.

Kevin Durant is mostly benefitting from a spike in usage, 29.8% last year to a league high 32.9% this year. The notable improvement for Kevin Durant is his assist percentage and that's been climbing since 2010-11 season. Of course, it's getting a boost from Russell Westbrook being hurt. Here are the regular season stats from the past two seasons:

2012-13 & 2013-14 season:

KD Bron
PER 29.3 30.4
PPG 32.1 26.8
TS% .644 .644
RPG 7.8 7.5
REB% 11.5 12.3
APG 5.1 6.9
AST% 24.3 34.4
Usage 31.3 30.4
WS 37.3 34.5

I think it's fair to say that the Heat have been saving for the playoffs, for better or worse. "Rings" may not be the measurement of greatness, but I think the playoff performance is a big part of the measurement between KD and LeBron.

2012 and 2013 playoff stats:

KD Bron
PER 26.9 29.2
PPG 29.3 28.1
TS% .609 .580
RPG 8.0 9.1
REB% 10.9 13.1
APG 4.6 6.1
AST% 21.1 29.3
Usage 30.0 31.3
WS/48 .224 .272

Used WS/48, because it'd be unfair to use straight Win Shares when LeBron played 15 more playoff games in the past two playoffs.

I think this year's playoffs will be a revealing measurement and will become the prevalent narrative in this debate.

ghettosean
04-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Well, when your spelling, grammar and general thought process is that of a 6th grader, then I'd say its a warranted question, as it is here. You say that Hawk says the same thing over and over again, yet you do the same exact thing from the opposite side of the argument, only Hawks is well thought out and yours.... It's literally the same exact thing you are accusing him off, and you not being able to understand how hypocritical that is further solidifies your 6th grade level posting.

If people don't want to like him for the Cleveland fall out, the flopping or his "arrogance", you know what fine. Go ahead. I don't agree with them, but I at least understand generally where you're coming from on it. But to honestly hate the guy because of a ****ing nickname, a pep rally or that he went to Miami, I truly devalue pretty much anything else you have to say because of how stupid it is.

Nickname? Kobe, Ray Allen, Wade, Shaq, Iverson and damn near every star in this league was known by a nickname. Somehow Black Mamba or Jesus Shuttlesworth are less arrogant and obnoxious than the King? Stupid ****ing criticism.

Pep Rally. He probably should have just gone out there and said, "You know what guys, we're gonna go out there and try really really hard. Hopefully we win some!" That surely would have gotten the crowd at a PEP RALLY more excited, no? Stupid ****ing criticism.

Going to Miami. This has been discussed at length on here, but to reiterate. Lebron wasn't gifted with the teams that Kobe, Magic, Duncan, Durant, etc. were out of the draft. Every single super star ever to win a championship has done it with a ton of help. Accept that this does not diminish your favorite player's accomplishments somehow. Stupid ****ing criticism.

You don't need to like the guy. At least give viable criticisms instead of bull**** so you can just hate the guy not on your team who is going to be a Top 5 player ever and in Lakers fans case, pass their boy on that all-time list.

Do you have evidence of the bolded?

Just to add I do not pretend I don't know why people don't like Lebron I know why people don't like Lebron when the question is answered I comprehend instead of asking the EXACT SAME THING THE NEXT WEEK. When the exact same inquiry comes up each week I'm going to give the exact same answer so yes I do repeat what I say but if you actually read the posts you will see Hawkeye just brings it up out of no where... I'm the guy on the other end responding to him.

Also you start your post out by insulting grammar like I need to write an essay with perfect paragraphs to impress you or something I mean this is a basketball forum this isn't a letter to Barak Obama or something get real dude.... If my "..." or whatever else bothers you so much suck a **** a deal with it!

Also if you are going to say my opinion is not viable than give a reason why instead of just saying --> It's bull****.

Especially if you are going to critique other peoples grammar maybe you need to look at your own.... and I'll add --> Your entire post makes you sound like a kiss *** and a Dip****

Just sayin! (uh oh I said sayin instead of saying... call the grammar police :facepalm: )

Dip****

Snapshot
04-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Reading thru the thread i've come to the conclusion that most posters are simply just jealous of Lebron.

Most people don't have a problem with arrogance, they just have a problem with arrogance when it's warranted....in other words, if Shane Battier said he thinks he's the best SF of all time, people would simply crack up and wonder what he had to smoke or drink the day he said that, and that would be it. No one would care or have any disdain for him, for the mere fact that they don't believe it, and deep down don't even believe he believes it himself since it's so far fetched and unwarranted.

LBJ makes that statement and it would be a bunch of people in their feelings getting riled up and pissed off....so is arrogance the real issue, or is it the person it's coming from, and the insecurities his arrogance exposes in most individuals? Jealousy is a female trait...sad.

ghettosean
04-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Everyone is entitled to there own opinion and I won't say it's bull**** just because (doesn't make you right) but everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

ALSO DID ANYONE REALIZE THAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT KEVIN DURANT... It's starts with people like hawkeye bringing up Lebron then you get a whole bunch of other dip****'s spewing the same garbage instead of people speaking about KD.

This deserves a double:

:facepalm:

Now you have full out posts of people not even referencing KD at all like --> TheIlladelph16 and Snapshot

I mean honestly :facepalm: (couldn't resist the 3rd)

mRc08
04-07-2014, 02:13 PM
I still would take lebron right now over KD. He has won two rings and dismantled the thunder in the NBA finals last time they met. This year may be the year KD gets his but he has to prove it on the court.

Outside of the ring argument however (which i think is slightly overated), lebron simply is a more complete player imo. passing, defense, scoring, etc. I think he has preserved himself this season more than any other to make a strong playoff push. The guy has played a lot more basketball than other players the past few years and I believe his sole focus now is the post season.

All this coming from a lebron HATER. but im not going to sit here and kid myself either.

Snapshot
04-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Everyone is entitled to there own opinion and I won't say it's bull**** just because (doesn't make you right) but everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

ALSO DID ANYONE REALIZE THAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT KEVIN DURANT... It's starts with people like hawkeye bringing up Lebron then you get a whole bunch of other dip****'s spewing the same garbage instead of people speaking about KD.

This deserves a double:

Now you have full out posts of people not even referencing KD at all like --> TheIlladelph16 and Snapshot

Haha true...but basically everything there is to say about KD has been said already...yeah, he is the MVP and has had a better season than LBJ, no doubt about it...more wins in a tougher conference, higher scoring avg, rebs, blocks, and most importantly the almighty 'PER'.

Has he surpassed him as a player?...nah, not yet, gotta outperform him a couple more seasons before that distinction becomes concrete.

LBJ has been better, or at least had an argument for being better than Kobe since 08'....it took until damn near 12', 13' for the argument to be put to rest and Kobe stans to finally concede, and even now, after it's clear as day as to who the better player is, some delusional stans will still say Kobe is better than him, in 2014 lmao....so yea, KD still got work to do...

Delrayhc
04-07-2014, 02:26 PM

This deserves a double:

I'm not sure if the OP is a fan of LeBron or not but to be fair he is the one who brought up LeBron in the first post. I do agree however that these threads end up sucking because people will bring up Lebron or Kobe and it turns into a bunch of teenage girls fighting , pulling hair and scratching.

sammyvine
04-07-2014, 03:11 PM

i don't really think he is that unlikable. I think he is just one of those in your face blunt people that can be considered rude and arrogant. I also disagree with everybody dislikes him? Many players across the league speak glowingly of him. Most of the people who dislike him are the scrubs who were not good enough or did not work hard enough.

Lebron is a serial flopper though. A player of his size and talent should not be flopping like that.

Hawkeye15
04-07-2014, 03:27 PM
i don't really think he is that unlikable. I think he is just one of those in your face blunt people that can be considered rude and arrogant. I also disagree with everybody dislikes him? Many players across the league speak glowingly of him. Most of the people who dislike him are the scrubs who were not good enough or did not work hard enough.

Lebron is a serial flopper though. A player of his size and talent should not be flopping like that.

I know YOU don't think he is unlikeable, you are a fan of his. But his ex-coach, and many ex-teammates really don't speak highly of him as a person.

And really, I don't care to go back and forth on this, I stated my opinion. There just isn't much about LeBron not to like, if you judge the man himself. Not that I can tell anyways.

But, people can hate an athlete for wearing his socks too high for all I care.

jerellh528
04-07-2014, 04:23 PM
There may be many reasons or not to dislike james. But one thing is for sure, kd is much more likable.

Hawkeye15
04-07-2014, 04:40 PM
There may be many reasons or not to dislike james. But one thing is for sure, kd is much more likable.

my point has been all along, why does James get A-Rod/Bonds/Tiger hate though? Those guys are despicable humans. Of course KD is more likeable, the media hasn't had a mic and camera up his *** since he was 15 like they have James.

beliges
04-07-2014, 04:43 PM
my point has been all along, why does James get A-Rod/Bonds/Tiger hate though? Those guys are despicable humans. Of course KD is more likeable, the media hasn't had a mic and camera up his *** since he was 15 like they have James.

Nobody really had a problem with Lebron until the "decision" fiasco. The media adored Lebron prior to that. It wasnt until he had the "decision" on TV and joined Wade and Bosh in Miami and had the infamous "not 1...not 2..." speech that he became hated. That is where the "hate" comes from.

ghettosean
04-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Don't waste your breath/keystrokes he knows the answer because it's been told to him a million times but he will claim to forget (so he can troll again) and say the same thing next week in a new thread about someone else like Chris Paul or Kobe and just start talking about Lebron and not understanding why he is so hated :rolleyes:

CHANGO
04-07-2014, 05:16 PM

This deserves a double:

Well to be fair... The OP started with a post saying "Move out Lebron"... What kind of responses are you expecting when the OP ends his post with that sentence.

ghettosean
04-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Well to be fair... The OP started with a post saying "Move out Lebron"... What kind of responses are you expecting when the OP ends his post with that sentence.

Well the title of the thread wasn't why is Lebron so hated... I just hate that Hawkeye hijacks threads like this and just makes it all about Lebron... If that's your question (why is he so hated) and you are that confused about it make a thread about it and stop hijacking others (though there have been a million threads on this question as well so the answer should be obvious by now... It's just beating a dead horse at this point). On top of all that he poses this same question so often that it's just trolling at this point.

In addition the OP said move over Lebron because Durant is going to be the MVP this year clearly and we know they were both going for it but Durant was just the better man this year by a nice margin and setting some records along the way.

He did warn us all and he sure as hell delivered in style... I was at the Raptors vs OKC in double overtime and I had my mouth open on how dirty Durant is. HE'S A BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD MAN!!!

Supreme LA
04-07-2014, 07:05 PM
LOL okay, thats your interpretation of something that is quite subjective. don't call Lebron fans delusional when you're quite possible talking out of your *** about style of play. phantom calls are out of his hands. he isn't blowing the whistle. even if he does flop lol. But it seems like Durant is the one blowing the whistle out there.

Talking out of my ***? The mere fact that it is subjective should show you the absurdity in his claims. If one person initiates all the contact, it's only right that the refs would be less inclined to call fouls against defenders but that isn't even the case. More times than not we've all witnessed Lebron bulldoze his way down the lane, stiff arming defenders and still receiving calls.

Anyways, I'm not here to argue who gets more calls but I simply can't understand the argument that you Lebron fans make for why KD isn't better at this point. It wasn't me who brought up how many calls each player receives. I really don't care about any of this.

Method28
04-08-2014, 04:38 PM

Talking out of my ***? The mere fact that it is subjective should show you the absurdity in his claims. If one person initiates all the contact, it's only right that the refs would be less inclined to call fouls against defenders but that isn't even the case. More times than not we've all witnessed Lebron bulldoze his way down the lane, stiff arming defenders and still receiving calls.

Anyways, I'm not here to argue who gets more calls but I simply can't understand the argument that you Lebron fans make for why KD isn't better at this point. It wasn't me who brought up how many calls each player receives. I really don't care about any of this.

What I'm saying is Durant is much more of a jump shooter than LeBron is, and for good reason as he's got a better shot. Being realistic, where would NBA defenders create more contact? On someone driving on them (around the rim) or on someone shooting an 18th jumper? It's always been the NBA's style to award slashers with contact calls yet here is KD with almost 500 more fts over the last two years.

I agree with you about not caring, I particularly don't care for either player but I do feel that Durant gets an unusual amount of calls due to how frail his frame is. He gets hit and it gives the refs a visual that he got hit harder than LeBron (obviously SHOULD take more force to move LeBron if flopping is put aside lol.)

Any way, still feel that Lebron is the better all around player but both are spectacular.