PDA

View Full Version : Bulls, Warriors had Barnes for Butler trade brewing prior to deadline

spreadeagle
04-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Hadnt heard this, interesting swap if it had went down

The Chicago Bulls and Golden State Warriors discussed a Jimmer Butler-for-Harrison Barnes swap prior to the February trade deadline, according to a report.

It is reportedly unclear which team said no in the talks.

Butler has averaged 13.2 points and five rebounds this season while Barnes has averaged 9.2 points and 3.9 rebounds.

Peter Vesey https://twitter.com/PeterVecsey1

abe_froman
04-05-2014, 03:53 PM
i cant see the bulls doing that

NoahH
04-05-2014, 04:02 PM
SMH Wouldve been huge for the Warriors playoff run. Butler is a great player and a huge upgrade on Barnes (at this point)

Warriors would have two of the best perimeter defenders in the league. Can you imagine a lineup of

Curry-Butler-Iggy-Lee-Bogut

That's a potent combination of killer defense and killer offense

or some small ball?

Curry-Klay-Butler-Iggy-Lee / Bogut

lol, please
04-05-2014, 04:44 PM
I would have pulled the trigger.

Htownballa1622
04-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Butler might seem a little better right now but Barnes has more potential imo.

TurboDEEZsmoke
04-06-2014, 01:17 AM
Jimmys getting better every year

DillyDill
04-06-2014, 01:34 AM
Wow perimeter D would have been set for y'all

shep33
04-06-2014, 01:36 AM
Butler might seem a little better right now but Barnes has more potential imo.

I agree with this. Although I think Butler has some upside on the offensive end too.

I don't know what happened with Barnes. Seems like he's lost all confidence in himself. I mean last year he averaged 17 and 7 against the Spurs and 15 and 6 against the Nuggets in the playoffs as a rook.

I think he's just lost, doesn't really know his role. Hopefully he figures it out.

Allphakenny1
04-06-2014, 02:01 AM
Would do that in a heart beat as a Warriors fan! I am not ready to give up on Barnes because I am a firm believer in the sophomore slump and want to see one more year out of him, but I do not have any confidence in him at the moment.

Chrisclover
04-06-2014, 02:06 AM
Why did it not pull off ?
I suppose it was the Bulls who turned it off. Jimmy Butler was better than Barnes so a single swap was not acceptable. They might get halted when it came to including other players.