PDA

View Full Version : Warriors fire another assistant

mdm692
04-05-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm on my phone so if someone can post the links I would appreciate it. I'm more curious to hear from the GS fans themselves who might have a better idea of the situation. Seems odd in the eve of the playoffs and a potential trip to the WCF.

sf-fanatic
04-05-2014, 03:17 PM
It sounds like he broke a team rule. Scalabrine was fired by Jackson and Darren Erman was fired by the FO and upper management.

OAKLAND For the second time in less than two weeks, the Warriors have dismissed an assistant coach.

Darren Erman, the No. 2 assistant and one of the chief strategists under head coach Mark Jackson, was fired after meeting with key team officials late Friday night.

General manager Bob Myers, visibly shaken, on Saturday morning stressed that Erman's dismissal was for violation of company policy and that any Warriors employee would have been fired if committing such an infraction.

Morever, Myers insisted that Erman's separation was completely exclusive to the March 24 demotion of former assistant Brian Scalabrine. Scalabrine's removal from the staff was the result of a decision made by Jackson.

Erman's dismissal, coming near the end of his third season with the franchise, was made at the ownership/management/legal level.

"This is the type of decision that would be made across the board and irrespective of position within the organization,'' Myers said in a news release statement. "Obviously, the timing is unfortunate but we hold all of our employees, whether in basketball operations or other aspects of the business, accountable for their actions and to the same standard.

"We move forward and thank Darren for his contributions.''

Erman, 37, earned a reputation for devotion to task, spending countless hours in the team facility, working with players, viewing film and studying opponents.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/warriors-fire-assistant-darren-erman

Goose17
04-05-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm guessing this was a more serious issue. All we can do at this point is speculate, I doubt it's basketball related though.

lol, please
04-05-2014, 04:46 PM
I'm guessing this was a more serious issue. All we can do at this point is speculate, I doubt it's basketball related though.

Basically this. Good post.

IndyRealist
04-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Any idea what he did?

mdm692
04-05-2014, 05:59 PM

Any idea or rumors that you guys might of heard of?

torocan
04-05-2014, 06:41 PM

Agreed. The wording was VERY specific... real boiler plate CYA legal dismissal kind of stuff.

Something REALLY bad happened, enough to get someone terminated on the spot. It's quite possible the next thing we hear involves legal action of some kind.

sunsfan88
04-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Maybe he got arrested or caught with drugs but GSW didn't turn him in out of respect idk.

torocan
04-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Maybe he got arrested or caught with drugs but GSW didn't turn him in out of respect idk.

Nah, a guy that high profile doesn't get terminated on the spot for that kind of stuff. They get reprimanded, suspended, maybe even sent to rehab, etc. Especially in San Francisco. It's not like he's living with the Amish.

The guy would have to be arrested for selling drugs to get terminated this close to the play offs.

No, this is something serious. As in embezzlement/fraud/criminal act kind of serious.

Guppyfighter
04-05-2014, 07:11 PM
He's close to Woj and he was probably the media leak. Warriors FO wants to be tight lipped. He got axxed for being a source.

torocan
04-05-2014, 07:14 PM
He's close to Woj and he was probably the media leak. Warriors FO wants to be tight lipped. He got axxed for being a source.

You have something to link or is that just a theory? Though breach of trust would certainly qualify for immediate termination in many companies.

Goose17
04-05-2014, 07:22 PM
"Told that if the Warriors didn't fire Erman, and later it came out what he did, it would look really bad on Warriors"

"Darren Erman fired due to violation of company policy unrelated to basketball. Bob Myers said unrelated to Brian Scalabrine."

Tweets from reliable reporters/sources^ Leung and Marcus Thompson

torocan
04-05-2014, 07:36 PM
"Told that if the Warriors didn't fire Erman, and later it came out what he did, it would look really bad on Warriors"

Ho boy... that's definitely not "leak to Woj" kind of stuff.

If a company is THAT worried about PR hit you know it's bad.

If you're a GSW fan, you just gotta hope all this stuff doesn't mess too much with your team chemistry and operations. It's not like you're packed with grizzled old vets.

Best of luck GSW. Would really hate to see a good season wasted over non-basketball stuff.

Goose17
04-05-2014, 07:40 PM
To be honest, I doubt it effects the players, maybe some of the coaching staff but that's about it. It would be the player equivalent of losing Nedovic at this point.

As long as it didn't directly involve players (which it doesn't sound like it did) then I doubt it's much of an issue, if any.

lol, please
04-05-2014, 08:21 PM
To be honest, I doubt it effects the players, maybe some of the coaching staff but that's about it. It would be the player equivalent of losing Nedovic at this point.

That's an absolutely terrible comparison, Nedovic is the second coming in Warriors terms, a future ATG, the mascot, the light of galadriel, the future face of the franchise, the Warriors' playoffs secret weapon, and it's a terrible shame I had to bump this non-story potential bait thread to get that across to another Warriors fan.

FOBolous
04-05-2014, 08:40 PM

As long as it didn't directly involve players (which it doesn't sound like it did) then I doubt it's much of an issue, if any.

he's a "chief strategist." how much the warriors will be impacted by his dismissal will depend on how big of a role he played in preparing the team versus its opponents.

just like how we can't speculate on what happened, because we don't know all the facts...we can't speculate on how his dismissal will affect the warriors, because we don't how big of a role he had. but based on the events that happened, it doesn't seem all is well behind the scenes in Warriors land. how many assistant coaches has the Warriors gone through?

Chronz
04-06-2014, 04:57 AM
he's a "chief strategist." how much the warriors will be impacted by his dismissal will depend on how big of a role he played in preparing the team versus its opponents.

just like how we can't speculate on what happened, because we don't know all the facts...we can't speculate on how his dismissal will affect the warriors, because we don't how big of a role he had. but based on the events that happened, it doesn't seem all is well behind the scenes in Warriors land. how many assistant coaches has the Warriors gone through?

How much would losing thibs hurt big gecko in the days

Goose17
04-06-2014, 09:46 AM
but based on the events that happened, it doesn't seem all is well behind the scenes in Warriors land. how many assistant coaches has the Warriors gone through?

If you had actually read through the article you would know it's not basketball related, probably a breach of contract or something criminal. It has nothing to do with the franchise or the team from a basketball perspective. Nothing like the Sacalabrine situation.

Nice troll attempt, your trolling is normally better than that though got to admit.

FOBolous
04-06-2014, 12:09 PM
How much would losing thibs hurt big gecko in the days

I'm assuming by "big gecko," you mean the Celtics. Honestly, I always thought Doc Rivers was slightly overrated and much of his success with the Celtics was due to Thibs being his assistant. Doc River's vaulted defense wasn't very "vaulted" until Thibs became his assistant.

FOBolous
04-06-2014, 12:14 PM
If you had actually read through the article you would know it's not basketball related, probably a breach of contract or something criminal. It has nothing to do with the franchise or the team from a basketball perspective. Nothing like the Sacalabrine situation.

Nice troll attempt, your trolling is normally better than that though got to admit.

yea you're right. It's just a coincidence. Not like the warriors have a history with their assistant coaches or anything. Silly me and my troll attempts.