PDA

View Full Version : Are OKC Unbeatable?

RocketLoc80
04-04-2014, 09:24 PM
Do you see them breezing to the championship and dominating?

king4day
04-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Spurs will give them hell (and IMO, beat them). The West is too stacked for any team to breeze through.

EL_MACHETE
04-04-2014, 09:28 PM
I like our chances, but no team is unbeatable

kdspurman
04-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Nope. Can't breeze through anything out west. And dont think they dominate Miami if they make it that far. If they play Indy, they have a much better chance.

Cal827
04-04-2014, 10:04 PM
^ With How Indiana has played over the past bit, I think the Eastern Conference Teams are wanting to be in their bracket lol.

And of course the Thunder are Unbeatable. We'll just ignore the fact that they aren't at the top of their conference, a team in their conference just won 19 straight games, and that they will likely be drawing a team that has given them problems in the past playoffs. Yeah, nobody has **** on this team.

kdspurman
04-04-2014, 10:09 PM
^ With How Indiana has played over the past bit, I think the Eastern Conference Teams are wanting to be in their bracket lol.

And of course the Thunder are Unbeatable. We'll just ignore the fact that they aren't at the top of their conference, a team in their conference just won 19 straight games, and that they will likely be drawing a team that has given them problems in the past playoffs. Yeah, nobody has **** on this team.

Yea i'm sure teams def want to see Indy. They've just fallen apart internally it seems. They could very well be upset in the first round. Brooklyn is looking like Miami's toughest possible opponent.

mzgrizz
04-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Are you serious? The way the Spurs have been playing. ? I'm desperate to get and hold 7 spot. !!!

MTar786
04-04-2014, 11:51 PM
why do people think okc is unbeatable? lolol

*Superman*
04-05-2014, 12:17 AM
Well they just lost tonight so to answer your question, no.

Saying any team in the NBA is unbeatable is ludicrous.

FOBolous
04-05-2014, 12:17 AM
no one's "breathing" through the Western Conference.

mightybosstone
04-05-2014, 01:28 AM
They certainly weren't unbeatable tonight. If I had to make a bet between the Thunder making it out of the West or the field, I'm taking the field. That's the smart money. Between San Antonio, LA, Houston and Golden State, there are enough road blocks for OKC to slip up and get knocked out. The series that I think could do them in is that potential second round matchup. If the Clippers get past Golden State, I think they've got a damn good chance to upset the Thunder.

Pakman
04-05-2014, 01:34 AM
It will be OKC or San Antonio out of the west when all said and done. I'd definitely bet that.

mightybosstone
04-05-2014, 01:37 AM
It will be OKC or San Antonio out of the west when all said and done. I'd definitely bet that.

I'd say it's a relatively safe bet, but I certainly wouldn't consider it a lock. Either team could be upset by the right team in the wrong matchup. The Clippers match up well with the Thunder and Houston matches up well with San Antonio. It just so happens that those are the likely second round matchups given the current seedings.

Pakman
04-05-2014, 01:39 AM
Thats why I love the playoffs. Anything can happen. Thankfully im not a betting man when it comes down to it.

P&GRealist
04-05-2014, 01:41 AM
The Thunder will NOT win an nba championship.

Heat and then Spurs are the favorites.

mightybosstone
04-05-2014, 01:46 AM
The Thunder will NOT win an nba championship.

Heat and then Spurs are the favorites.

I'm curious about how you worded this point. You didn't say that the Thunder won't win "the" championship or "this" championship. You said they won't win "an" NBA championship. Do you mean ever? Because those are some fairly bold words about a team with that much young talent. I probably wouldn't name them my favorite to win the title this year, either, but I certainly wouldn't be so bold as to say this core can't ever win a ring together.

P&GRealist
04-05-2014, 01:49 AM
I'm curious about how you worded this point. You didn't say that the Thunder won't win "the" championship or "this" championship. You said they won't win "an" NBA championship. Do you mean ever? Because those are some fairly bold words about a team with that much young talent. I probably wouldn't name them my favorite to win the title this year, either, but I certainly wouldn't be so bold as to say this core can't ever win a ring together.

Sorry, the championship.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they don't win a championship within the next 2 yrs. Or else one of Kevin or Russell is gone IMO.

Scott Brooks is not the right coach for this team. I think their offense is too sporadic and rely heavily on KD's scoring, Russell gets hot, cold, hot, and I really haven't seen Ibaka take off to that consistent 3rd option that Harden used to be. They lack easy inside scoring from their big men.

The Thunder as currently constructed and coached will not beat the Heat in a 7 game series. It'll be 2012 all over again.

IMO, this team has a 2 yr window, 3 at most to win a title.

LA and their huge capspace is waiting for 1 of those guys in 2-3 yrs from now.

Iron24th
04-05-2014, 01:58 AM
Nope. Can't breeze through anything out west. And dont think they dominate Miami if they make it that far. If they play Indy, they have a much better chance.

kd your sig is priceless!

spurs are a better team imo

sjbirds
04-05-2014, 02:02 AM

Yea i'm sure teams def want to see Indy. They've just fallen apart internally it seems. They could very well be upset in the first round. Brooklyn is looking like Miami's toughest possible opponent.
Look who they added..2 Sixers haha no **** they suck now

Trwood12
04-05-2014, 02:35 AM
Not even close.

TylerSL
04-05-2014, 05:51 AM
no

archdevil84
04-05-2014, 06:48 AM
i dont think KD wil score 40+ every night so easily when he faces the better teams in the playoffs. Its fairly easy when you play teams like the utah jazz and sacramento kings but in the playoffs these teams wont be there anymore

Red_Pill
04-05-2014, 09:58 AM
i dont think KD wil score 40+ every night so easily when he faces the better teams in the playoffs. Its fairly easy when you play teams like the utah jazz and sacramento kings but in the playoffs these teams wont be there anymore

They don't need KD to score 40+ every night as long as Westbrook is playing.

With that said, the west is TOO GOOD for anyone run through. This is going to be a very good and competitive playoff in the west. I still think we'll see OKC vs. SA in the west finals when all is said and done. And between the two, it's a tossup who would win. I wish the east was as competitive.

Yankeefan213
04-05-2014, 10:44 AM
If the Spurs come out of the west, they will beat Miami in my opinion. However, the Thunder can beat the Spurs, obviously, and if they do, Miami will three-peat. I can't see OKC beating Miami.

FlashBolt
04-05-2014, 12:10 PM
OKC won't beat Miami but they can beat Spurs. Spurs can't handle KD like Miami can. Something about playing against LeBron that makes it different.

lol, please
04-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Do you see them breezing to the championship and dominating?

Only if they manage to avoid the Warriors.

JasonJohnHorn
04-06-2014, 09:13 AM
I just check with Basketballreference.com, and thy report that the Thunder have actually LOST 20 GAMES this season! Which is more than the San Antonion Spurs, the Seatle Super Sonics, the Vancouver Grizzlies and the Montreal Expos combined!

So, yes, I'd guess that they are beatable.

Goose17
04-06-2014, 09:44 AM
No.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them knocked out of any round.

kdspurman
04-06-2014, 11:43 AM
kd your sig is priceless!

spurs are a better team imo

I tend to agree with that too. The regular season does not mean much to me cause too many factors went into it that people won't bother to look at. Playoffs IMO, will be a different story.

Chrisclover
04-06-2014, 11:46 AM
No. Even my beloved NBDL team, Lakers have beat them this year.

Chrisclover
04-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Well they just lost tonight so to answer your question, no.

Saying any team in the NBA is unbeatable is ludicrous.

Kobe said in 2010that Lakers would win 82 games. Guess what, we were swept by the Mavs. A conceited team is doomed to stumble sooner or later.

wizardsfan3
04-06-2014, 12:25 PM
I think it's hilarious how people think other teams want to play Indiana...they've been on a slump to end the season but the playoffs are a whole different ball game. They are still one of the best teams in the league and will be tough to beat

rapsjaysfan88
04-06-2014, 12:54 PM
stupid thread...