PDA

View Full Version : Larry Sanders suspended 5 games for smoking weed!

randyorton33
04-04-2014, 06:05 PM
Don't blame him, he been on that all year long in Milwaukee.

http://www.balldontstop.com/larry-sanders-suspended-smoking-marijuana/

abe_froman
04-04-2014, 06:08 PM
s-seriously? lol,how the **** do you get suspended for something half the league does?

Kaner
04-04-2014, 06:12 PM
s-seriously? lol,how the **** do you get suspended for something half the league does?

He must have come to practice faded or something, no way he's the only one that would fail a random drug test.

*Superman*
04-04-2014, 06:24 PM
This guy seems to make all the wrong headlines. First his club fight and now this? Even if half the league does it or not, you shouldn't be the one getting caught. Sounds like his case was more obvious than the others.

torontosports10
04-04-2014, 06:36 PM
First thing that came into my head is that it's a reason to hold him out to ensure they are as bad as possible

Hawkeye15
04-04-2014, 06:56 PM
there goes there playoff chances

Hellcrooner
04-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Sriously nba is too easy on recreational drugs.

In any international sport ( tennis/ soccer/ any olympic competition etc) you get a 2 year ban

IndyRealist
04-04-2014, 07:13 PM
He must have come to practice faded or something, no way he's the only one that would fail a random drug test.

You have to fail THREE random drug tests, or be convicted of a drug related crime, to be suspended for marijuana. So he's using all the time, throughout the season.

sens#11fan
04-04-2014, 07:45 PM
LOL, he got busted, half the league should get suspended. I guess weed was part of his rehabilitation process.

mngopher35
04-04-2014, 07:54 PM

In any international sport ( tennis/ soccer/ any olympic competition etc) you get a 2 year ban

Strongly disagree. You really want a 2 year ban for smoking a little weed?

ManRam
04-04-2014, 08:02 PM

for weed?!?!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

drugs are bad, mmmkkkaaayyy?

kobe4thewinbang
04-04-2014, 08:30 PM
AP -- Bucks suspended the rest of the season for sucking so bad.

:D

THE MTL
04-04-2014, 08:32 PM

Actually ur confused. You get such bans for steroids

KnicksorBust
04-04-2014, 08:43 PM
there goes there playoff chances

:laugh:

LARRY SANDERS(!) went from got paid to sucks faster than 99.9% of the league.

YoungOne
04-04-2014, 08:46 PM
maybe we now can trade for him cheaply :)

ManRam
04-04-2014, 08:57 PM

Ehh...he'll be fine. He's been hurt the whole here. When healthy, he's an absolutely elite defender.

Hawkeye15
04-04-2014, 09:49 PM

the nanosecond they hit that joint, they should get a ban for life!

Hawkeye15
04-04-2014, 09:51 PM

yeah, as soon as he signed that contract he was like David Hasselhoff in an episode of Baywatch, when they yelled "cut"!, and his gut came flying out.

"someone pass me that blunt"

ricky recon
04-04-2014, 09:52 PM
I love to hear the little pot heads complain about it. It's entertaining.

Chronz
04-05-2014, 12:27 AM
He plays in Milwaukee. MILWAUKEE FFS

Kaner
04-05-2014, 12:46 AM
While on the topic can Laker and Clippers players get a medical marijuana license?

Hawkeye15
04-05-2014, 12:57 AM

pot heads? I haven't smoked in 15 years, but jesus, how on earth is pot really that bad?

Do you drink alcohol?

DallasTrilla23
04-05-2014, 01:03 AM
maybe we now can trade for him cheaply :)

That's exactly what I'm thinking bro.

Bruno
04-05-2014, 01:22 AM

they shouldn't even be testing for MJ.

Bruno
04-05-2014, 01:25 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/bucks-larry-sanders-defends-his-marijuana-use-b99240842z1-253993711.html

sanders defends his MJ use.

P&GRealist
04-05-2014, 01:53 AM
atta boy

5ass
04-05-2014, 02:16 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he uses it for anger issues. Better than another drunken altercation. Leave the guy alone.

SMH!
04-05-2014, 02:59 AM

For smoking weed? WTF. You talk about they go too easy, and then you talk about a 2 year ban, now thats way too damn harsh for smoking some marijuana. smh

SMH!
04-05-2014, 02:59 AM

How do you know people are pot heads here? Are you just assuming because people are saying weed isn't that bad? Jw.

goku
04-05-2014, 03:17 AM

lol...

GiantsSwaGG
04-05-2014, 07:46 AM
JR Smith

missionh1llpart
04-05-2014, 08:44 AM
While on the topic can Laker and Clippers players get a medical marijuana license?

Yes and they do. I used to live in LA and my roommate at the time was working at a dispensary. She used to tell me about all the random minor celebrities she would see on a regular basis and one night she told me "a guy from the Lakers came in." She was kind of a hippy dippy girl (go figure) so she wasn't a sports fan at all and didn't remember the name of who was in there, so I never knew. Apparently the guy she was working with there was a Lakers fan and was trying to get the guy to hang out and smoke in this lounge area they had, but he wasn't feeling it and left, haha.

Anyway, it's ridiculous how some people think this is a big deal. Who cares if a guy smokes weed? Honestly. Is this the 1950's? It's no worse than drinking alcohol, in fact, drinking alcohol is worse!

slashsnake
04-05-2014, 09:04 AM
It will be neat to see if the NBA does something here in Colorado to let Nuggets players smoke. Free agents galore... Sam Perkins coming out of retirement... Would be fun.

Hawkeye15
04-05-2014, 09:48 AM
It will be neat to see if the NBA does something here in Colorado to let Nuggets players smoke. Free agents galore... Sam Perkins coming out of retirement... Would be fun.

pot will be legal in every state soon enough. it doesn't mean employers will allow it....

I work in transportation. I guarantee I will be an old man by the time they don't test non-drivers/captains.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
04-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Watch all mock drafts showing Bucks selecting Embiid now and queue in Google trade rumors for Sanders.

mike_noodles
04-05-2014, 11:24 AM
I can understand why they suspend for PED's, but weed is not a PED. It is a 100% naturally occurring plant. It was put here on the earth for all of us to enjoy.

hugepatsfan
04-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Watch all mock drafts showing Bucks selecting Embiid now and queue in Google trade rumors for Sanders.

Wasn't that already the projection? The NBA is a league where you don't pass up the top talent because of guys already on your roster.

ManRam
04-05-2014, 12:05 PM

I'd embrace him with open arms in Orlando.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
04-05-2014, 02:31 PM
I see Orlando going after Exum. They see him as Penny Hardaway 2.0. As for the Bucks selection. Its been changing all the time. Was Embiid most of the season. Then he got injured then it was Wiggins, then it was Parker, now back to Embiid. Plus the Bucks are getting new owners soon. Possibly not full ownership right away. But minority owners. Kohl probably wants to hang around a little bit till new arena is lined up. Will be a local owner though.

macc
04-05-2014, 02:36 PM
He should get a lifetime ban! I knew a guy in HS who injected two marijuanas on a dare. Never walked again.

mrblisterdundee
04-05-2014, 02:41 PM
This opens up an opportunity for another team to trade for Sanders, who's still a talented big who plays defense. If he was on a team like the Spurs, I think he'd rip it up and provide part of a new core with Leonard.

slashsnake
04-05-2014, 02:55 PM
pot will be legal in every state soon enough. it doesn't mean employers will allow it....

I work in transportation. I guarantee I will be an old man by the time they don't test non-drivers/captains.

Agreed, I don't smoke it, but at my company in Colorado it goes by Federal law, which makes sense.

Jeffy25
04-05-2014, 03:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10732646/larry-sanders-milwaukee-bucks-advocates-marijuana-ban

Sanders says he believes in Marijuana, and the medical side of it.

Just a feeling, but I doubt he was attempting to use it for a medical related reason.

Yes, it should be decriminalized.....but if it can potentially affect you professionally, then you are an idiot to keep using it.

Jeffy25
04-05-2014, 03:26 PM

I've got a company that we carry key employee life insurance policies for 'key employees'

In order to have one of these management roles, we carry a term life insurance policy on you, because if you die or become long term disabled, it will greatly affect the companies ability to operate.

In order to get that life insurance policy, they will test you.

I have had several people balk at the idea of being drug tested to work for the company.

Which really blows my mind. You want a professional job. I don't give a **** if you smoke on a personal level, but to protect my liabilities, the company needs this insurance policy.

If you aren't willing to commit to passing one simple drug test, then I think I know what your commitment to my company is going to be.

Hawkeye15
04-05-2014, 04:08 PM
I've got a company that we carry key employee life insurance policies for 'key employees'

In order to have one of these management roles, we carry a term life insurance policy on you, because if you die or become long term disabled, it will greatly affect the companies ability to operate.

In order to get that life insurance policy, they will test you.

I have had several people balk at the idea of being drug tested to work for the company.

Which really blows my mind. You want a professional job. I don't give a **** if you smoke on a personal level, but to protect my liabilities, the company needs this insurance policy.

If you aren't willing to commit to passing one simple drug test, then I think I know what your commitment to my company is going to be.

oh a pre-screen who cares...

But I unfortunately chose a profession where every company I work for randomly tests for your entire duration there. It sucks.

Jeffy25
04-05-2014, 04:12 PM
oh a pre-screen who cares...

But I unfortunately chose a profession where every company I work for randomly tests for your entire duration there. It sucks.

Yeah, these are one time exams that you know about usually 45 days in advance. And nobody cares if you smoke any other times....just make certain that you pass the one time test so the insurance company doesn't jack up the rates or deny the coverage. One time. You can work for the company for 40 years, this would be the only test.

I just never understood how someone, like Sanders, who if you know it can potentially affect your professional life, why you wouldn't continue to use the item/substance? Sure, it should probably be decriminalized. But Sanders isn't helping himself or the debate any by allowing himself to get suspended over it.

abe_froman
04-05-2014, 04:18 PM
I just never understood how someone, like Sanders, who if you know it can potentially affect your professional life, why you wouldn't continue to use the item/substance?
because its so widely prevalent and accepted in the league,and like nobody actually gets disciplined for it(and outside of this 5 day suspension,it wont have any affect on him professionally)....and it a good way to chill ,also,he might have been using it as painkiller for his injury/rehab

Hawkeye15
04-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Yeah, these are one time exams that you know about usually 45 days in advance. And nobody cares if you smoke any other times....just make certain that you pass the one time test so the insurance company doesn't jack up the rates or deny the coverage. One time. You can work for the company for 40 years, this would be the only test.

I just never understood how someone, like Sanders, who if you know it can potentially affect your professional life, why you wouldn't continue to use the item/substance? Sure, it should probably be decriminalized. But Sanders isn't helping himself or the debate any by allowing himself to get suspended over it.

the only player I can think of it hurting his income for real was Birdman. Other than that, its so widely accepted around the NBA. I don't know the details of random tests, but it has to be obvious that notice is given to the players. Otherwise half the league would be suspended all the time.

torocan
04-05-2014, 09:34 PM
*yawn* The only reason the NBA tests for marijuana is publicity purposes.

It doesn't improve performance by any stretch, and it does have documented medical benefits. And in terms of health risk, they don't ban players from drinking alcohol so why bother testing for marijuana? It's just silly when multiple states have legalized it for multiple use, other states have legalized for recreational use, and the entire country of Canada has smoking lounges and grow shops.

That said, Sanders was a knucklehead for getting caught. However, if he's trying to use this as a platform, then more power to him.

It's not like he's hurting his team. They're tanking anyway, he's out for the season rehabbing, and as if a 5 game suspension is going to hurt the team next year. The Bucks are a tanking team, and it's going to be at least a few years before they're even ready to compete for the play offs.

Waste of time, effort and money. Just legalize it and tax the crap out of it. It's not like the current laws are stopping anyone from smoking the stuff anyway.