PDA

View Full Version : Which college player did you think would be a Stud in the NBA that bombed?

JasonJohnHorn
04-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Every year there is are a few guys that everybody thinks is going to be a stud in the NBA, but ultimately becomes busts in the NBA.

Which player, or players, were you most excited to see blow up in the NBA that turned bust instead?

Heatcheck
04-03-2014, 09:49 AM
Chris Porter
Scoonie Penn
Khalid el amin
Marcus Fizer
Trajan Langdon
Juan Dixon
TJ ford
Rashad Mccants
Julius Hodge
Luther Head

NYKnickFanatic
04-03-2014, 09:51 AM
He hasn't played yet, but I feel like Noel is going to be a bust.

NYKnickFanatic
04-03-2014, 09:52 AM
Chris Porter
Scoonie Penn
Khalid el amin
Marcus Fizer
Trajan Langdon
Juan Dixon
TJ ford
Rashad Mccants
Julius Hodge
Luther Head

TJ Ford suffered a serious neck injury, I don't think I would call him a bust.

EL_MACHETE
04-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Hasheem Thabeet & Jimmer Fredette

LongIslandIcedZ
04-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Not a bust because he's still contributing in the NBA, but I thought Beasley was going to be a monster. I thought taking Rose over him was ********.

kobebabe
04-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Thabeet and Beasley for me

ewing
04-03-2014, 11:14 AM
hasheem thabeet & jimmer fredette

wow

ewing
04-03-2014, 11:16 AM
did you people watch thabeet in college?

ewing
04-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Hubert Davis, Bobby Sura, Mccants, Olowokandi, Linsey Hunter, I was a HUGE Francisio Garcia fan, and of course Greg Oden

Heediot
04-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Michael Beasley.

nyballa1991
04-03-2014, 11:53 AM
I usually have a really good track record at identifying stars and sleepers...that said, I totally bombed on Beasley; I was telling people that id def take him over d-rose haha total fail.

mRc08
04-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Tyrus Thomas. I just saw all that athleticism. :hide:

Snapshot
04-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Randolph Childress (star guard and best player on a Wake Forest team that had Tim Duncan on it)
Shawn Respert
Lawrence Moten
Trajon Langdon
Donny Marshall
Jason Williams (motorcycle accident ended his career, I know, but he had a terrible rookie season)
Adam Morrison
O'Bannon bros

D-Leethal
04-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Hubert Davis, Bobby Sura, Mccants, Olowokandi, Linsey Hunter, I was a HUGE Francisio Garcia fan, and of course Greg Oden

Definitely consigned on McCants. OJ Mayo I had pegged as a perennial all star.

sixers247
04-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Derrick Favors- Thought he would be super legit.

abe_froman
04-03-2014, 12:18 PM
oj mayo
jay williams(injuries)
greg oden(injuries)
eddy curry(not college)
evan turner
rashard mccants
tyreke evans
beasley(thought he was abit overrated by everyone else,but still thought he'd be a lower level star)
jordan hill

Snapshot
04-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Whats a bust? A lot of people are naming solid players that contribute sumn and will have longevity in the league.

IMO a bust is a straight bum that never contributed to anything and more than likely finds themselves out the league within a few years...lol @ ET, Reke, and Mayo etc being busts...those guys are just underachievers, not BUST.

Nick O
04-03-2014, 12:29 PM

i still truly believe Oden can have a successful career. miami isnt the place for it though

ewing
04-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Tyrus Thomas. I just saw all that athleticism. :hide:

felt the same way about Chris Wilcoxs

ewing
04-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Randolph Childress (star guard and best player on a Wake Forest team that had Tim Duncan on it)
Shawn Respert
Lawrence Moten
Trajon Langdon
Donny Marshall
Jason Williams (motorcycle accident ended his career, I know, but he had a terrible rookie season)
Adam Morrison
O'Bannon bros

I'll see your Lawrence Moten and raise you a Boo Harvey :) Anyway, i thought about Donny but then thought well maybe he was good enough to not qualify as a bust but you are right, he wasn't

ewing
04-03-2014, 12:42 PM
oj mayo
jay williams(injuries)
greg oden(injuries)
eddy curry(not college)
evan turner
rashard mccants
tyreke evans
beasley(thought he was abit overrated by everyone else,but still thought he'd be a lower level star)
jordan hill

I still like Turner's game :hide:

smood999
04-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Joe Forte

Jamiecballer
04-03-2014, 12:47 PM
i can't answer this question because i am still awaiting the call to be a pro scout.

Nick O
04-03-2014, 12:50 PM
oj mayo
jay williams(injuries)
greg oden(injuries)
eddy curry(not college)
evan turner
rashard mccants
tyreke evans
jordan hill

i wouldnt call Tyreke evans a "bust" hes still a pretty good player

smood999
04-03-2014, 12:53 PM
Every Duke player to come out not named Brand, Irving, Reddick (now) and Hill

Nick O
04-03-2014, 12:53 PM
Michael Sweetney. fat tub o lard right thurr... oh. and who in the hell thought Robert Swift would be any good at anything?

smood999
04-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Any Knicks' lottery pick not named Ewing or Gallinari

ewing
04-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Michael Sweetney. fat tub o lard right thurr... oh. and who in the hell thought Robert Swift would be any good at anything?

if Swift didn't get hurt he would have been good

abe_froman
04-03-2014, 01:01 PM
i wouldnt call Tyreke evans a "bust" hes still a pretty good player

when you are taken as high as he was(in a good draft),winning roy ,yet find yourself struggling to even start,ect.,yeah,i think you can

Snapshot
04-03-2014, 01:02 PM
I'll see your Lawrence Moten and raise you a Boo Harvey :) Anyway, i thought about Donny but then thought well maybe he was good enough to not qualify as a bust but you are right, he wasn't

lol tbh ive never heard of dude in my life u might be a lil older than I am, started following college hoops round 94', 95'...and there was Donyell Marshall (not a bust) and Donny Marshall, maybe u have em confused cuz there is no doubt Donny was a bust lol

Surprised no one mentioned Felipe Lopez, was heralded as the next MJ at one point smh

Miles Simon is another one that comes to mind...big bust after winning Most Outstanding Player in the 97' NCAA tourney.

Nick O
04-03-2014, 01:03 PM
when you are taken as high as he was(in a good draft),going 20/5/5 in your rookie year ,yet find yourself struggling to even start,ect...yeah,i think you can

hes still going to have a decent career though. not up to his potential by any means. but i see busts as guys who don't last in the league or have dismal careers

Nick O
04-03-2014, 01:04 PM
if Swift didn't get hurt he would have been good

i dont see how

joeym
04-03-2014, 01:11 PM
Every year there is are a few guys that everybody thinks is going to be a stud in the NBA, but ultimately becomes busts in the NBA.

Which player, or players, were you most excited to see blow up in the NBA that turned bust instead?

I would say Harold Miner...

ewing
04-03-2014, 01:21 PM
lol tbh ive never heard of dude in my life u might be a lil older than I am, started following college hoops round 94', 95'...and there was Donyell Marshall (not a bust) and Donny Marshall, maybe u have em confused cuz there is no doubt Donny was a bust lol

Surprised no one mentioned Felipe Lopez, was heralded as the next MJ at one point smh

Miles Simon is another one that comes to mind...big bust after winning Most Outstanding Player in the 97' NCAA tourney.

Boo was a PG at St John and played against Moten when he was an underclassmen. They may of had a year of overlap. you are right i was thinking of Donyell. As for Flelipe and Zeldon Hamilton they were 2 of the most overrated recruits ever. Lopez did introduce the Knicks on Hispanic night last week and has about 500 followers on twitter so at least he is staying relevent

kingkenny01
04-03-2014, 01:22 PM
not that they all suck but i really thought that greg oden, michael beasley, and emeka okafor would be superstars

ewing
04-03-2014, 01:49 PM
i dont see how

he was talented. Dude had great footwork. He came into the league straight from HS and was built like a stick. Everyone knew he was a project but he had skills. he had actually put on a ton of muscle right before he blew out his ACL

nycericanguy
04-03-2014, 01:55 PM
surprised no ones mentioned Derrick Williams...

Nick O
04-03-2014, 01:57 PM

i personally never thought he was going to be all that good. he just gave off that average player vibe.

abe_froman
04-03-2014, 02:05 PM

was never a believer in him(most people werent),reminded me of another beasley(but less talented),him going 2 was more of a product of a weak class

bagwell368
04-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Ed O'Bannon and Mike Sweetney come to mind...

ewing
04-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Ed O'Bannon and Mike Sweetney come to mind...

i liked Sweets, he was a heck of rebounder and had real soft hands

Mr.SmackYoMama
04-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Beasley!!!

joshwbfantasy
04-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Larry Hughes, Adam Morrison, Darius Miles, Yi Jianlian, Dajuan Wagner............

IKnowHoops
04-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Joe Smith-Thought he'd be KG level
Shawn respert- mitch richmond level
Lou Roe- poor mans barkley level
Ed Obannon- Pippen level
Beasley - At least Big dog level
Donyell Marshall - poor mans durant level

Max.This
04-03-2014, 02:44 PM
derrick williams

mRc08
04-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Every Duke player to come out not named Brand, Irving, Reddick (now) and Hill

I would add deng and boozer in their as well.

IKnowHoops
04-03-2014, 02:46 PM

Donyell was definitely a bust coming out of college averaging 26pts a game. Donnie Marshall sucked in college, so none expected him to do anything anyway. If he made it to the NBA, consider his career a huge success. Donyell reminded me of Durant in college. If you average 26 a game in college, you should be a top 10 scorer in the nba during the prime of your career or you didn't live up to expectations.

Donyell came out with Kidd, Big dog, and Grant hill. He was arguably as good as any of them in college. He didn't come close to any of them in the pros.

Jamiecballer
04-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Donyell was definitely a bust coming out of college averaging 26pts a game. Donnie Marshall sucked in college, so none expected him to do anything anyway. If he made it to the NBA, consider his career a huge success. Donyell reminded me of Durant in college. If you average 26 a game in college, you should be a top 10 scorer in the nba during the prime of your career or you didn't live up to expectations.
Donyell Marshall had a really nice career. I'm not sure how anybody could consider him a bust.

ewing
04-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Joe Smith-Thought he'd be KG level
Shawn respert- mitch richmond level
Lou Roe- poor mans barkley level
Ed Obannon- Pippen level
Beasley - At least Big dog level
Donyell Marshall - poor mans durant level

I was a fan of no ordinary Joe and I had lunch with TV Lou Roe

IKnowHoops
04-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Donyell Marshall had a really nice career. I'm not sure how anybody could consider him a bust.

Add him to the long list of top 5 picks the Twolves got who was supposed to be a difference maker who couldn't start over trash that was already on the team (Doug West) and couldn't come close to making a single solitary difference. Guys the wolves got who were better include Christian Laettner (bust) and Isaiah JR. Rider (underachiever)

curtcocaine
04-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Tyreek Evans

ewing
04-03-2014, 02:52 PM
I would add deng and boozer in their as well.

plus Battier and this years steals in Singler and Plumlee

Jamiecballer
04-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Add him to the long list of top 5 picks the Twolves got who was supposed to be a difference maker who couldn't start over trash that was already on the team (Doug West) and couldn't come close to making a single solitary difference. Guys the wolves got who were better include Christian Laettner (bust) and Isaiah JR. Rider (underachiever)
well. let's just say i won't be calling you IKnowHoops anymore. :P

ewing
04-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Robert Horry and Rasheed Wallace :hide:

IKnowHoops
04-03-2014, 02:56 PM
I was a fan of no ordinary Joe and I had lunch with TV Lou Roe

Loved watching Lou Roe and Camby play together in college. Lou was the best player on that team, but Camby obviously had more upside.

abe_froman
04-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Robert Horry and Rasheed Wallace :hide:

i dont think you could call either ,wallace didnt live up to the hype but still had a great career as did horry

IKnowHoops
04-03-2014, 03:07 PM
well. let's just say i won't be calling you IKnowHoops anymore. :P

First 5 years in the league
Laettner 17pts 8rbs (PER - 17)
Rider- 18pts 4rb 3asst (PER-15)
Marshall - 10pts 6rbs (PER- 14)

ewing
04-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Loved watching Lou Roe and Camby play together in college. Lou was the best player on that team, but Camby obviously had more upside.

my HS coach is good friends with coach cal and took us on a trip to UMASS

Hawkeye15
04-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Michael Beasley for sure. I thought taking Rose over him was stupid.

Another under the radar guy is Hubert Davis. Thought he was going to be a really good NBA player.

IKnowHoops
04-03-2014, 03:12 PM

Donyell Marshall was supposed to come in and be a boss. He was the equivalent of Beasley in college. Beasley has outplayed him in his first 5 seasons easily. And Beas has been a bust.

Jamiecballer
04-03-2014, 03:13 PM

it's all good man. Donyell didn't bloom right away but i didn't realize that this was going to be measured strictly in PER.

Hawkeye15
04-03-2014, 03:13 PM

was it our fault the lottery gods totally ****ed us in the *** in 93'? We had the worst record, and Orlando and Miami jump over us.

Shaq
Mourning

Laettner

**** the NBA lottery.

Hawkeye15
04-03-2014, 03:14 PM
it's all good man. Donyell didn't bloom right away but i didn't realize that this was going to be measured strictly in PER.

Donyell didn't do crap for the Wolves really.

Randomfan
04-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Syracuse Orange stars. John Wallace, Donte Greene, Paul Harris (never even drafted) Jonny Flynn and Wes Johnson (jury still out). And Kansas studs Wayne Simien and Keith Langford. I thought Harris was gonna do what Lance Stevenson is doing right now. And Wayne Simien I guess he would be a Zach Randolph type. Thought Donte Greene was gonna be Melo. Good thing I kept my day job. Then again maybe I just wanted those guys to be good since I root for their college teams. Oh and Sherron Collins while Im at it. Does anybody remember Hollis Price???? Seen this kid Darius Washington play Sebastian Telfair in a high school game, he was so much better than Telfair, had a stint with the Spurs and then I never heard of him again.

ewing
04-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Syracuse Orange stars. John Wallace, Donte Greene, Paul Harris (never even drafted) Jonny Flynn and Wes Johnson (jury still out). And Kansas studs Wayne Simien and Keith Langford. I thought Harris was gonna do what Lance Stevenson is doing right now. And Wayne Simien I guess he would be a Zach Randolph type. Thought Donte Greene was gonna be Melo. Good thing I kept my day job. Then again maybe I just wanted those guys to be good since I root for their college teams. Oh and Sherron Collins while Im at it. Does anybody remember Hollis Price???? Seen this kid Darius Washington play Sebastian Telfair in a high school game, he was so much better than Telfair, had a stint with the Spurs and then I never heard of him again.

Hollis Price could ****ing stroke it

Hawkeye15
04-03-2014, 04:08 PM

how is the jury still out on Johnson?

Yeah, Cuse players, outside Melo, and possibly MCW, just don't translate well into the NBA. Duke as well. They consistently have GREAT college players, and only a handful of really good NBA players.

Another guy I forgot about was Felipe Lopez. He was supposed to be amazing coming out of high school, and was really nothing in the NBA.

bucketss
04-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Andrea bargnani

edit: woops, college player i would go with charlie Vilenevua

Kaner
04-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Tyrus Thomas I was so excited when the Bulls got him thought he was going to take us over the top.

Michael Beasley- embarrasing to admit but I was very conflicted on who the Bulls should pick Rose or Beasley, literally the deciding factor in my head was Rose is from chicago, I thought they both were going to be superstars.

Greg Oden- Not really a bust per-say but I had very high expectations that if it wasn't for the injuries I think he would have matched

Jay Williams- again injuries but he wasn't really living up to my expectations even before the motorcycle crash

Hasheem Thabeet- Didn't think he'd be a stud but definitely expected more

Sebastian Telfair- espn tricked me...

Dajuan Wagner- he got sick but I did think he and Lebron were going to be amazing

Sadds The Gr8
04-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Beasley, tyrus Thomas, salim stoudemire

SugeKnight
04-03-2014, 04:48 PM
I wanted Johnny Flynn over Steph Curry :facepalm:

EL_MACHETE
04-03-2014, 05:01 PM
did you people watch thabeet in college?

Actually I did. ****ing Mook!

koreancabbage
04-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Joey Graham. dude was a robot.

NJrockPD
04-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Sebastian Telfair

Jamiecballer
04-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Donyell didn't do crap for the Wolves really.
Sorry to hear that. Did he do nothing? Or just fall short of expectations? Cause he was awfully solid later.

1-800-STFU
04-03-2014, 05:21 PM
I really thought Joe Alexander could develop some skills to compliment his crazy athleticism.

Not so m

Lakers + Giants
04-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Adam Morrison
Rodney Carney
Anthony Randolph
Sean May
Charlie Villanueva
Acie Law
Al Thornton
OJ Mayo
CDR
Terrence Williams
Ed Davis
Wesley Johnson
Jimmer Fredette
Marshon Brooks

Good thing I'm not an NBA scout :laugh2:

You can't really put anyone from the 2012 draft+ yet imo.

NoahH
04-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Anyone who thought Adam Morrison and Jimmer would be studs in the NBA are CRAZY.. They had bust written all over them!

I thought Beasley would be awesome. And he's shown he can score. 19ppg with Minnesota, but hes a headcase.

OJ Mayo is someone else who comes to mind

slashsnake
04-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Joe Smith... I thought he was a lock to be a 25-10 type of player.

Todd Fuller from NC State. He was a 20-10 guy in college, great at the line, found a 3 pt shot his last year. Got to the NBA and it was just ugly.

Hawkeye15
04-03-2014, 06:19 PM
never understood the OJ Mayo love. He is undersized, couldn't play PG, and wasn't elite athletically. When I saw him play, I started laughing, literally, that he was getting Kobe comparisons. I was so pissed off when I went to bed on draft night when my Wolves took him, and then so happy when I found out the next day we traded him for Love. Had to talk my best friend off a ledge on that one, but it turned out I was right.

Hawkeye15
04-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Sorry to hear that. Did he do nothing? Or just fall short of expectations? Cause he was awfully solid later.

we traded him like halfway into his rookie year is why haha.

Kaner
04-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Anyone who thought Adam Morrison and Jimmer would be studs in the NBA are CRAZY.. They had bust written all over them!

I thought Beasley would be awesome. And he's shown he can score. 19ppg with Minnesota, but hes a headcase.

OJ Mayo is someone else who comes to mind

Yeah I couldn't believe when he was picked over Tyrus and Roy he looked SLOW even against college competition.

Hawkeye15
04-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Yeah I couldn't believe when he was picked over Tyrus and Roy he looked SLOW even against college competition.

look at who drafted him....

I never get why GM's draft a guy because he is a "winner".

abe_froman
04-03-2014, 06:42 PM

for whatever reason,there are still a lot of people who fall in love with college scoring numbers.that somehow being a beast in college means you will be one in the pro's, automatic(things like speed,ect. don't matter)....it baffles me,but you come across it all the time.

Hawkeye15
04-03-2014, 06:47 PM
for whatever reason,there are still a lot of people who fall in love with college scoring numbers and disregard tools(speed,athleticism,ect.)....thinking it will just transfer the same.it baffles me,but you come across it all the time.

Kevin McHale drafted that way for my Wolves, and it always pissed me off. Hell Flip is the one who told him to draft KG. McHale wanted Joe Smith.

abe_froman
04-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Kevin McHale drafted that way for my Wolves, and it always pissed me off. Hell Flip is the one who told him to draft KG. McHale wanted Joe Smith.

one of the reasons why many ex or even current greats arent great judges of talent

R. Johnson#3
04-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Tyrus Thomas

Kaner
04-03-2014, 07:17 PM
look at who drafted him....

I never get why GM's draft a guy because he is a "winner".

Yeah but you'd think Jordan would be more biased against unathletic players than other GMs if anything.

Hawkeye15
04-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Yeah but you'd think Jordan would be more biased against unathletic players than other GMs if anything.

sadly, we have no idea what goes through Jordan's mind when evaluating talent, outside the mere fact that he sucks at it...

Ware_Spencer
04-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Greg Oden I thought was a for sure pick.
Marcus Fizer I thought we be a really good PF.
Sheldon Williams - I thought he would be a 15 and 10 guy.
Terrence Williams - I just liked how he is balanced in a lot of areas.
DaJuan Wagner - Thought he was going to be a great scorer in the league.

NBA_Starter
04-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Adam Morrison :(

Slim Tubby
04-03-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm going back 30 years or so but Keith Lee was a stud at Memphis but he never blossomed in the NBA. Lee and Tisdale are easily 2 of my favorite college players of all time.

alexander_37
04-03-2014, 09:40 PM
I thought Greg Oden would be a modern day Bill Russell ( ok a little bit of exaggeration but he had that kind of potential) and win multiple DPOY's.

NBA_Starter
04-03-2014, 10:59 PM
D. J. Augustin

Hawkeye15
04-03-2014, 11:03 PM
I'm going back 30 years or so but Keith Lee was a stud at Memphis but he never blossomed in the NBA. Lee and Tisdale are easily 2 of my favorite college players of all time.

jesus. I haven't heard that name in forever haha

BullsFan_1
04-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Dee Brown

Slim Tubby
04-04-2014, 12:49 PM
jesus. I haven't heard that name in forever haha

Do you remember, Hawk? Dude was "Predator" before there was a Predator with long arms, long hair and silky smooth jumper.

Hawkeye15
04-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Do you remember, Hawk? Dude was "Predator" before there was a Predator with long arms, long hair and silky smooth jumper.

I don't even remember him from Memphis, I was too young. I remember him in Cleveland, the 20 minutes he was there haha

DetroitBadBoy
04-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Perry Jones

Gene2420
04-04-2014, 06:11 PM
I thought Austin Daye was going to tear things up and be the next Tayshaun Prince

Oh yeah, Darius Miles

AddiX
04-04-2014, 06:27 PM
I thought Joe Alexander was going to be the man.... Dude got drafted pretty High too.

Dude got cut quicker than I ever seen any high draft pick get cut.

goingfor28
04-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Ya, Thabeet is high up on my list

Miltstar
04-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Ben Gordon

BullsFan_1
04-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Ben Gordon

Gordon had 3-4 very good years in Chicago.

abe_froman
04-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Gordon had 3-4 very good years in Chicago.
maybe he had higher expectations :shrug: ...but regardless,he wasnt worth his draft position,taken 3rd,over guys like al jefferson,loul deng,andre iguodala,kevin martin,ect.

mightybosstone
04-05-2014, 01:51 AM
Is there a better answer to this question than Michael Beasley? A lot of people mentioned big men like Oden and Thabeet, but because of the raw offensive nature of most 7-footers coming out of college, I always think judging centers is a total crapshoot. I did think Oden would be a damn good player, but his injuries in college certainly gave me some reason for doubt. Beasley, meanwhile, had everything. He was a freakishly athletic forward who could do everything, with potential to be a cross between Lebron and Blake. But the guy was just so damn inefficient, he never figured out how to use his athleticism on the defensive side and he never matured as a player or a person. I'm glad to see the guy found a role as a contributor for a contending team, but I thought the guy had stardom and "Future Hall of Famer" written all over him. Just a complete and total bust.

DallasTrilla23
04-05-2014, 03:45 AM
Is there a better answer to this question than Michael Beasley? A lot of people mentioned big men like Oden and Thabeet, but because of the raw offensive nature of most 7-footers coming out of college, I always think judging centers is a total crapshoot. I did think Oden would be a damn good player, but his injuries in college certainly gave me some reason for doubt. Beasley, meanwhile, had everything. He was a freakishly athletic forward who could do everything, with potential to be a cross between Lebron and Blake. But the guy was just so damn inefficient, he never figured out how to use his athleticism on the defensive side and he never matured as a player or a person. I'm glad to see the guy found a role as a contributor for a contending team, but I thought the guy had stardom and "Future Hall of Famer" written all over him. Just a complete and total bust.

Yea, I thought he was gonna be awesome too but he was more focused on having fun then playing basketball imo

Kaner
04-05-2014, 04:22 AM

Yeah alot of wasted Talent, I remember watching something with him and Durant where Beasley, who was a year younger, was the much better player all the way through highschool. Shows how important work ethic and attitude are for reaching that next level.