PDA

View Full Version : Are you surprised by the Knicks?

kobe4thewinbang
04-02-2014, 11:32 PM
They were the laughingstock of the NBA a couple months ago, but now they are clawing for the 8th seed to earn a playoff birth. Am I the only one that expected them to lay down and die?

:horse:

Even the sorry *** Lakers humiliated them in MSG a few games back. Now that Phil Jackson is running the ship, do you see them making the playoffs over Atlanta and to a lesser likelihood Cleveland?

I am surprised that they are choosing dignity over surrender. I'd hate to be Miami or Indiana in the first round if the Knicks make it there. They probably won't pull an upset but they should win one, two or maybe three games.

John Walls Era
04-02-2014, 11:56 PM
Its the Knicks, they love to surprise people. I won't be surprised if they surprise us again by choking and missing out.

goingfor28
04-02-2014, 11:58 PM
Knicks will sweep the east

curtcocaine
04-03-2014, 12:13 AM
If they miss IMHO there the most underachieving team in nba history. All that talent couldn't make the playoffs. Im rooting for them though im a fan of melo.

Hawkeye15
04-03-2014, 12:14 AM
am I surprised an $88 million payroll is fighting for the 8th seed in the ***** *** east conference?

yes

setman2000
04-03-2014, 12:16 AM
Al Horford going down is the only reason the Knicks make the playoffs.

kobe4thewinbang
04-03-2014, 12:23 AM
am I surprised an $88 million payroll is fighting for the 8th seed in the ***** *** east conference?

yesI guess it's true that money doesn't win championships.

Tysons_Beard
04-03-2014, 12:28 AM
Al Horford going down is the only reason the Knicks make the playoffs.

thats the way the universe works

namaste

FlashBolt
04-03-2014, 12:58 AM
I'm surprised they are in such a predicament to have to SURPRISE everyone to begin with. They were a 3-4 seed guaranteed before season started.

AddiX
04-03-2014, 09:31 AM

yes

What does $ have to do with it? Look how much amare and bargs, you want theM? Well gladly send them over to you.

torocan
04-03-2014, 09:49 AM

yes

This.

That they lay down and let the NBA run all over them in the FIRST place is the surprise. At least they're actually TRYING to play now... unfortunately, that's what they should have done from the start.

While "better late than never" applies, they never should have been late in the first place.

NYKnickFanatic
04-03-2014, 09:54 AM
They were the laughingstock of the NBA a couple months ago, but now they are clawing for the 8th seed to earn a playoff birth. Am I the only one that expected them to lay down and die?

:horse:

Even the sorry *** Lakers humiliated them in MSG a few games back. Now that Phil Jackson is running the ship, do you see them making the playoffs over Atlanta and to a lesser likelihood Cleveland?

I am surprised that they are choosing dignity over surrender. I'd hate to be Miami or Indiana in the first round if the Knicks make it there. They probably won't pull an upset but they should win one, two or maybe three games.

That was at the Staples Center.

NYKnickFanatic
04-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Its the Knicks, they love to surprise people. I won't be surprised if they surprise us again by choking and missing out.

I wouldn't be.

1-800-STFU
04-03-2014, 10:24 AM
they are one of the laughing stocks of the league. they have a terrible coach and no #1 option. There best case scenario this year is getting destroyed in the first round. KNICKS ARE BACK!

Well.....I mean Melo is definitely a #1 option.

The Knicks suck and all but lets not go overboard.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Am I surprised the Knicks are making a push now? Sure, anyone who isn't is probably lying. Knicks were trash 90% of this season, and a month ago, no one thought they had a shot to make the playoffs. Now their knocking on the door of the playoffs.

Does that mean that they had a good season? No, not even close. They were supposed to be a top 5 seed this year and they played like garbage. They should already have a playoff spot locked up.

xxplayerxx23
04-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Well.....I mean Melo is definitely a #1 option.

The Knicks suck and all but lets not go overboard.

Shh melo sucks. Don't try and fight the way of Miami fans

kobebabe
04-03-2014, 11:02 AM
I am actually surprised they are not among the top teams in the ****ing weak east with such a humongous payroll!

Snapshot
04-03-2014, 11:14 AM
U just said Melo, the 2nd leading scorer in the NBA would be the 4th best player on ur team, when he clearly, as of 4/3/14 is better than both Wade and Bosh, so who is the one on drugs...plus Miami's been known for that good blow.

And just so we're clear on who is better, you do know that Melo is more sought after in this year's free agency than both Wade and Bosh right?....oh.

D-Leethal
04-03-2014, 11:18 AM
They have made a trend of doing work in late March/April since Melo has been here.

MonroeFAN
04-03-2014, 11:18 AM
wade is an injured mess, and bosh is not a more valuable player than Melo. That's just stupid. When you're the only one who has that opinion, keep it to yourself.

justinnum1
04-03-2014, 11:19 AM
wade is an injured mess, and bosh is not a more valuable player than Melo. That's just stupid. When you're the only one who has that opinion, keep it to yourself.

Keep telling yourself that.

MonroeFAN
04-03-2014, 11:20 AM
how about you stop talking? I am a piston fan, I have no horse in this race and you just look like a moron.

bobb
04-03-2014, 11:35 AM
how about you stop talking? I am a piston fan, I have no horse in this race and you just look like a moron.

don't bother he seems like a underage poster

NYKnickFanatic
04-03-2014, 11:37 AM

Don't even bother with that fool.

MonroeFAN
04-03-2014, 11:40 AM
truth

colinskik
04-03-2014, 11:41 AM
If you've been watching the Knicks closely all season, there have been at least four times that you should have completely given up on them to have any shot of making the playoffs. The most recent one was the terrible game vs. the Lakers and before that they epic collapse against the Cavs.

So after those two nails in the coffin, yes, I am surprised that they have somehow been given one more chance to make the playoffs. I won't get my hopes up just yet cause they've been destroyed too many times this season.

Knick_Fever
04-03-2014, 11:42 AM
dp

1-800-STFU
04-03-2014, 11:43 AM
melo would be the 4th best player on miami.
You're.....wrong. I'm sorry, there is not other way to say it, unless you like ignoring pesky things like facts and statistics in favor of pushing some nonsensical agenda.

Knick_Fever
04-03-2014, 11:43 AM
drugs are bad for you.

They must be worse for you if you're saying the 2nd leading scorer in the league would be the 4th option lol.

Heediot
04-03-2014, 11:47 AM
They still suck. It's just Atlanta has been sucking more and giving them a shot.

nyballa1991
04-03-2014, 11:56 AM
As a knicks fan I know they're gonna take the the 8th spot and then blow it the last few games

xxplayerxx23
04-03-2014, 11:59 AM
As a knicks fan I know they're gonna take the the 8th spot and then blow it the last few games

Good way to think

Stinkyoutsider
04-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Thought they would be a top 4 seed before the season started. Just proves that it takes more than full pockets to put together a playoff team.

whyumadbro!
04-03-2014, 01:23 PM
So they're making a run when other teams are playing their players as carefully as they can to avoid injury before play-offs. 10 games under .500. potential to face Miami in 1st round - no good news here.

NYJ - NYY
04-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Quick everyone tell us all why the Knicks suck and under achieving don't deserve to be in the NBA let alone play offs

todu82
04-03-2014, 03:09 PM
If they make the playoffs I expect them to cause quite a matchup nightmare for a struggling Pacers team or even the Heat.

SLY WILLIAMS
04-03-2014, 03:27 PM
The Knicks players should be absolutely ashamed by their record and how pathetically they played at points during this regular season BUT the playoffs are a brand new season. What they did during the regular season will not matter in the least if they stay hot and keep winning. The 1999 team was a 8th seed that upset #1 Miami, then Atlanta, and then Indiana. on the way to the finals. That was one of the most fun playoff runs in my life. Nobody cared about the regular season come game 1 vs Miami in the playoffs that year.

Jamiecballer
04-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Andrea Bargnani's faceplant for MVP

slashsnake
04-03-2014, 06:37 PM
The Knicks players should be absolutely ashamed by their record and how pathetically they played at points during this regular season BUT the playoffs are a brand new season. What they did during the regular season will not matter in the least if they stay hot and keep winning. The 1999 team was a 8th seed that upset #1 Miami, then Atlanta, and then Indiana. on the way to the finals. That was one of the most fun playoff runs in my life. Nobody cared about the regular season come game 1 vs Miami in the playoffs that year.

That was exciting, I agree, but that was a different situation. The East was good then. The Knicks won 54% of their games that year and due to a strike shortened season were only 6 games out of first place. Now they are winning 43% of their games and 19 or so out of first place.

NBA_Starter
04-03-2014, 08:21 PM
They had the talent all along but who knows what took so long but Bargs being out helps.

ohreally
04-03-2014, 11:18 PM
The real surprise is that Atlanta has lost enough to give the Knicks a shot. Knicks have won most of the games they should have won over this stretch, they hit Indiana at the right time, though they did win so can't take that away, same with Golden State without Bogut and Lee, but I only saw a short spell against Nets and they were actually playing defense. Wouldn't go overboard, but yeah, I'm surprised.

effen5
04-04-2014, 04:23 AM
Quick everyone tell us all why the Knicks suck and under achieving don't deserve to be in the NBA let alone play offs

Actually the Knicks fans have been saying that all year...we're just not disagreeing.