PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to avoid who in the first round (Western Conference only plz)

Chronz
04-02-2014, 03:20 PM
The Top 4 contenders are set; Spurs, OKC, Clips and the Rockets are seeded 1-4, the rest of the standings could still change. So, with that in mind, of the remaining 5 could-be contenders, who would teams rather play/avoid.

Heres the format:

Portland
Wants to play: _______
Does not Want: ________

Memphis

GSW

Dallas

Phoenix

Basically, who would they want out of the top-4 seeds but feel free to do the inverse for the top-4 seeds.

NYKnickFanatic
04-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Clippers and Rockets want to avoid Golden State, that's all I know.

P&GRealist
04-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Pacers want to avoid the Knicks

Chronz
04-02-2014, 03:28 PM

Memphis would be the correct answer in this scenario

tredigs
04-02-2014, 03:44 PM
The Top 4 contenders are set; Spurs, OKC, Clips and the Rockets are seeded 1-4, the rest of the standings could still change. So, with that in mind, of the remaining 5 could-be contenders, who would teams rather play/avoid.

Heres the format:

Portland
Wants to play: Probably fine with Houston as is
Does not Want: Clippers

Memphis
Wants to play: Clippers
Does not Want: Healthy OKC

GSW
Wants to play:Rockets
Does not Want: Spurs

Dallas

Phoenix

Basically, who would they want out of the top-4 seeds but feel free to do the inverse for the top-4 seeds.

lamzoka
04-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Clipps want no part of GS

tredigs
04-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Clipps want no part of GS

It'd be a tight series, Vegas would still favor LAC slightly - especially with HCA.

king4day
04-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Phoenix should want to play Portland, Houston, LAC (in that order). Not to say we'd beat any of them but there would at least be a chance.
Nobody should want to plan Memphis IMO.

shep33
04-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Clippers and Rockets want to avoid Memphis.

As good as both those teams are, the Grizz match up really well with them.

Blitzbolt
04-02-2014, 04:33 PM
The Spurs is the only team the grizz have to avoid.

Ebbs
04-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Dallas
Wants to play: Thunder

Lakers + Giants
04-02-2014, 04:39 PM
Portland
Wants to play: Rockets

Memphis

GSW

Dallas
Does not Want: Thunder

Phoenix

I really believe all 1-4 seeds are trying to avoid Memphis, while 5-8 seeds are trying to avoid San Antonio and OKC.

I'd rather play against HOU or LAC if i were a 5-8 team.

torocan
04-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Nobody wants Memphis.
Everyone is ok with Portland.

The rest is debatable. =P

Clippersfan86
04-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Giants do you even watch the Clippers lol? We are 3-0 vs Mavs with double digit comebacks every single time, despite being severely shorthanded. As for Memphis they are tough for anybody but people exaggerate so much. Conveniently forgetting we beat them the year before and have won 10 of the last 15 matchups outside of 1-1 vs them in playoffs. Tired of this exaggeration.

As for GS, they do give us problems. But as Tre said it would be a 7 game series and we'd be favored with HCA. The H2H is 2-2 this year so it's not like we re GS's most desired opponent in the west.

The only team I don't like our chances against is the Spurs. Although the Clippers have come very far since we last played. Clips now have the 1st ranked offense, 5th ranked D and best differential in the league. That's while being hit brutally by injuries to best players all year. NOBODY should be pulling for the Clippers to play their team in round one. When this team is healthy, teams are ****ed.

torocan
04-02-2014, 09:11 PM
The problem with the Memphis isn't that they can't be beaten in the first round. I like all the top 4 seeds against Memphis to win.

However, they're SO physical that even if you win, you Lose. You come out beaten up and worn down going into the 2nd round.

It's more that than anything.

Clippersfan86
04-02-2014, 09:25 PM
Torocan that's a fact. That's the ONLY reason I prefer to avoid them. Don't want the Clips too injured or banged up for round two.

tr3ymill3r
04-02-2014, 10:01 PM
With the way Houston is playing right now, they'd like to avoid everyone. Lin literally looks as if he belongs on a JV right now, off the bench too.

IversonIsKrazy
04-02-2014, 10:16 PM
I think Memphis and GSW are the teams you want to avoid as the 1-4 seeds. Spurs are def a team that everyone wants to avoid. Out of the top 4 seeds, I would say Houston & OKC are the more easier ones as opposed to Clips/Spurs; though still tough.

FOBolous
04-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Nobody wants Memphis.
Everyone is ok with Portland.

The rest is debatable. =P

sounds bout right. I think Pheonix and Golden State are two other teams everyone is ok with also. Phoenix doesn't have the star power to survive the playoff...even with Dragic and Bledsoe. Both Dragic and Bledsoe, while talented, are unproven and untested. The Warriors are basically lesser versions of the Clippers and the Rockets. These three teams play very similar styles...the only thing that separates these three teams are their consistency. The Clippers being the most consistent followed by the Rockets than the Warriors.

Duncan = Donkey
04-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Suns want Portland

torocan
04-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Suns want Portland

Suns aren't a top 4 seed. We're talking first round match ups that the top 4 (or bottom 4) would want or want to avoid.

DallasTrilla23
04-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Dallas wants OKC and wants to Avoid the Spurs. The spurs and the clippers have kicked our *** everytime we've seen them.

sunsfan88
04-03-2014, 02:18 AM
Phoenix

Wants to: make playoffs
Does not Want: to miss playoffs

Clippersfan86
04-03-2014, 10:52 AM
I want the Clips to avoid Phoenix.

Chronz
04-03-2014, 11:02 AM

Seriously?

DallasTrilla23
04-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Phoenix

pretty much the same for dallas. we're not upsetting anyone but maybe we can steal a game from OKC

goingfor28
04-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Phoenix

Lol well said. Like the honesty

Why?

Snapshot
04-03-2014, 11:31 AM
LAC doesnt wanna see GS....and if they happen to get past GS they have to face OKC in the 2nd rd, which means an early exit for either KD or CP3 lol....both of whom have sumn to prove this year, and anything short of a WCF will be a critical blow to their careers, more so for CP3 since he's been a perennial loser his whole career...sad.

rhino17
04-03-2014, 11:36 AM

As a rockets fan golden state is the team I WANT to face. The rockets have their number and golden state has probably the only playoff coach that McHale is capable of outcoaching

NoahH
04-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Portland

Memphis

GSW
Wants to play: LA Clippers
Does not Want: Thunder

Dallas

Phoenix
Wants to play: Houston
Does not Want: LA Clippers

kylem4711
04-03-2014, 12:14 PM
the only right answer for who the clippers want to avoid are the grizzlies.

i am 100% ready to take on the warriors. Of course they could lose the series, but I just dont think they will. Especially if the clips have a full roster.

Portland

Memphis

GSW
Wants to play: LA Clippers
Does not Want: Houston

Dallas

Phoenix
Wants to play: Houston
Does not Want: LA Clippers

Clippers
Wants to play: Warriors
Does not want to play: Grizzlies

Nick O
04-03-2014, 12:58 PM
i think every first round matchup will be great and well contested with the exception of who plays the spurs. the 8 seed whoever it may be will win one game at most. but besides that i dont want a part of any these teams. the Grizz have been playing great and would be a dangerous 7th seed. i think OKC would do better against the suns or mavs.

3RDASYSTEM
04-03-2014, 01:23 PM
LAC doesnt wanna see GS....and if they happen to get past GS they have to face OKC in the 2nd rd, which means an early exit for either KD or CP3 lol....both of whom have sumn to prove this year, and anything short of a WCF will be a critical blow to their careers, more so for CP3 since he's been a perennial loser his whole career...sad.

wouldn't call CP3 a perennial loser his whole career because he got drafted by bottom feeder and now has a chance to prove his worth in this 3-5yr plan that you need to build for title runs, this is the yr CP3 gets no pass basically because he has the coaching+talent to get it done now and next few yrs if he is indeed on the level of a ZEKE/IVERSON/STOCKTON/MAGIC( hell even M JACKSON with MILLER reached a final trip) individually, which I think he is not but still the best(or top 3) of his PG era...but to call a guy a perennial loser for not getting N.O. out of 1st rd(just to the playoffs was miracle with that team) is quite comical, now this stint with CLIPPS is different and even though he failed bad last 2 playoffs its yr 3 that really shows people what you are made and now is the time for CP3 to man up and make finals appearance and prove to all his faithful efficient PER followers that they got it right after damn near 9-10yrs of nba play and spewing how efficient his 08' playoff run was, over half a decade ago

if CP3 doesn't get out of 1st rd this yr i'm once again going to blame the sports gods for messing up his knee and then im going to blame CP3 for putting on unnecessary weight to get all pudgy looking, 5 donuts away from FELTON 2.0(stocky built wise only)

only way for CLIPPS to advance far is if CP3 goes off for 30ppg and 10+apg each series and BLAKE stays healthy enough to make it through a series to get his usually double dub, but based on his over passing history its not looking good for CP3 who rather get the hockey assist than take over a full 7 game series, and if they have to face GS/OKC back to back rds it could be early curtains for CP3, and hopefully the rest of his fanatical PER/efficient screaming supporters go away also

3RDASYSTEM
04-03-2014, 01:39 PM
From the way the SPURS are handling teams with the 2nd unit for most nights with a starter here or there it seems that OKC/HOUSTON is only teams capable of actually winning a series against those SPURS, everybody else don't want to face those SPURS, GRIZZ included

alexander_37
04-03-2014, 09:41 PM
GSW
Wants to play: _______ everyone
Does not Want: ________ who cares bro, built for a 7 game series.

NBA_Starter
04-03-2014, 09:45 PM
I think just about everyone wants to avoid Memphis.

Allphakenny1
04-03-2014, 10:20 PM
GSW
Wants to play: _______ everyone
Does not Want: ________ who cares bro, built for a 7 game series.

So you want to take the extremist Warriors fans view and ignore the masses, I'll play your game!

Since the Rockets fans thing that Harden is the best G in the game and Howard is the best C. Then Parsons is the 3rd best SF to James and Durant. They will not only beat any team, but they will sweep all the way to the championship and any team they beat should feel honored to have graced the presence of the champs.

alexander_37
04-04-2014, 12:03 AM
So you want to take the extremist Warriors fans view and ignore the masses, I'll play your game!

Since the Rockets fans thing that Harden is the best G in the game and Howard is the best C. Then Parsons is the 3rd best SF to James and Durant. They will not only beat any team, but they will sweep all the way to the championship and any team they beat should feel honored to have graced the presence of the champs.

Wrong Harden is the best SG
Howard is the best C
Parsons is a top 10 SF.
So... yeah

mdm692
04-04-2014, 12:48 AM
Nobody in the West wants to play PHX or GS in the 1st round. Not because they can't beat them but just the simple fact that they have to run up and down the court with them 48 minutes non stop or they will run you out of the building. Spurs are probably the only team that can contain that style of play IMO. Clippers should be there as well but their health is a question mark.

mdm692
04-04-2014, 12:51 AM
Wrong Harden is the best SG
Howard is the best C
Parsons is a top 10 SF.
So... yeah
Wrong Dragic is the best SG this year and the #'s back it up(advanced stats) not just ppg and the gifts the refs give Harden when he flops like a fish out of water. Noah is the best C. And Parsons is top 10.

rockets-fan
04-04-2014, 01:03 AM
Wrong Dragic is the best SG this year and the #'s back it up(advanced stats) not just ppg and the gifts the refs give Harden when he flops like a fish out of water. Noah is the best C. And Parsons is top 10.

Dragic is not better than Harden, just stop.

Howard is better than Noah, despite the fact that I'd rather have Noah on my team.

Harden takes 8 fits a game, yea that's a lot, but that's also a lot of points that do not come off free throws. He's a flipper, yes that is a known fact, but he is still the best sg in the game and an amazing scorer stop the hate seriously.

torocan
04-04-2014, 01:07 AM
Nobody in the West wants to play PHX or GS in the 1st round. Not because they can't beat them but just the simple fact that they have to run up and down the court with them 48 minutes non stop or they will run you out of the building. Spurs are probably the only team that can contain that style of play IMO. Clippers should be there as well but their health is a question mark.

Uh, no.

Houston would LOVE to play against Phoenix, however it's highly unlikely so Houston fans are focused mainly on the Portland/GSW match ups. They have no problem running at that pace all game and believe it or not would actually prefer to go even FASTER.

Of the play off teams, Houston is the one that actually runs a faster pace than Phoenix, and the Clippers and GSW actually run at the SAME pace as Phoenix.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2014.html

And considering that Houston has the #1 fast break defense in the NBA vs Phoenix's #25 fast break defense, the only team likely to get run out of the gym is Phoenix...

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/opponent-fastbreak-efficiency

Phoenix goes against Houston, they'd be LUCKY to make it to 6 games.

And Houston isn't scared of GSW in any way. Most Houston fans believe the Rockets have the advantage or that at worst it's a toss up. They prefer Portland, but GSW won't keep them up at night by any stretch.

Memphis is the match up they want to avoid due to the physical nature of the game and difficulty in matching up against Zbo + Gasol. Memphis is basically a 4-5 seed in 7th seed clothing. Quite simply a very tough out for pretty much any team.

mdm692
04-04-2014, 01:30 AM
Dragic is not better than Harden, just stop.

Howard is better than Noah, despite the fact that I'd rather have Noah on my team.

Harden takes 8 fits a game, yea that's a lot, but that's also a lot of points that do not come off free throws. He's a flipper, yes that is a known fact, but he is still the best sg in the game and an amazing scorer stop the hate seriously.

No one is hating you guys just overrate your players that's all. I thought GS fans were annoying and full of themselves but you guys are becoming the new Lakers so full of yourselves when you guys got kicked in the 1st round last year and haven't done **** in this years playoffs. And advanced stats between Dragic and Harden are on par but sure Harden is GOAT and sure to be the next Jordan.

mdm692
04-04-2014, 01:36 AM
Uh, no.

Houston would LOVE to play against Phoenix, however it's highly unlikely so Houston fans are focused mainly on the Portland/GSW match ups. They have no problem running at that pace all game and believe it or not would actually prefer to go even FASTER.

Of the play off teams, Houston is the one that actually runs a faster pace than Phoenix, and the Clippers and GSW actually run at the SAME pace as Phoenix.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2014.html

And considering that Houston has the #1 fast break defense in the NBA vs Phoenix's #25 fast break defense, the only team likely to get run out of the gym is Phoenix...

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/opponent-fastbreak-efficiency

Phoenix goes against Houston, they'd be LUCKY to make it to 6 games.

And Houston isn't scared of GSW in any way. Most Houston fans believe the Rockets have the advantage or that at worst it's a toss up. They prefer Portland, but GSW won't keep them up at night by any stretch.

Memphis is the match up they want to avoid due to the physical nature of the game and difficulty in matching up against Zbo + Gasol. Memphis is basically a 4-5 seed in 7th seed clothing. Quite simply a very tough out for pretty much any team.

Well then you better hope your #1 defense on the fb can control one of, if not the best fb team in the NBA. Last time we saw you Harden needed the refs just to barely squeak out a win. So yeah you're right teams don't want to play the Rockets cause they know the refs will dick ride Harden all game long.

torocan
04-04-2014, 01:56 AM
Well then you better hope your #1 defense on the fb can control one of, if not the best fb team in the NBA. Last time we saw you Harden needed the refs just to barely squeak out a win. So yeah you're right teams don't want to play the Rockets cause they know the refs will dick ride Harden all game long.

I don't think they're too worried about it. Not only does Houston happen to have the #1 fastbreak defense in the NBA, they're also the #3 fast break team in the NBA in PPG (vs Phoenix's #1), and happen to be the #1 fast break offense in terms of fast break efficiency (vs Phoenix's #2).

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/fastbreak-points-per-game
http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/fastbreak-efficiency

In a straight run it out game, Houston fast break offense + fast break defense > Phoenix fast break offense + NO fast break defense. And that's without even talking about mismatches in the paint which favor Houston with Howard + Asik.

And as much as you want to complain about Harden's fouls, it doesn't change the fact that he gets them. It's part of why you pay to get a player like Harden. Not just for his scoring, but that the refs will actually give them calls.

I'm not a fan of super star calls either, but the reality is what it is. You can't even breathe on KD and Lebron most of the time, however it's just what you have to deal with whether any of us like it or not.

WARRIORS@GR
04-04-2014, 03:03 AM
At this point i would prefer to face the Rockets.
They have been winning us for 2 years in regular season series,blah blah blah,but at this point(7 game series) matchups are way more important.

They have arguably the worst coach out of the top4.

They have nobody to throw on Curry and Lee.

We have Iggy and Klay who can do a good job on Harden.Not shut him down,because he is a great offensive player.Just stay in front of him.

Bogut can match up with Dwight.

I don't trust Dwight in big games,his attitude is so bad,and he is a huge risk imo.He could take over a game easily or he could get frustrated/in foul trouble easily and become a no factor.

They do not have the Pop/Duncan of the Spurs,Durant of the Thunder or the cp3/Blake/Doc Rivers combo of the Clippers.

I'd rather face Harden and a headcase big man than all of those.

mdm692
04-04-2014, 03:31 AM
I don't think they're too worried about it. Not only does Houston happen to have the #1 fastbreak defense in the NBA, they're also the #3 fast break team in the NBA in PPG (vs Phoenix's #1), and happen to be the #1 fast break offense in terms of fast break efficiency (vs Phoenix's #2).

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/fastbreak-points-per-game
http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/fastbreak-efficiency

In a straight run it out game, Houston fast break offense + fast break defense > Phoenix fast break offense + NO fast break defense. And that's without even talking about mismatches in the paint which favor Houston with Howard + Asik.

And as much as you want to complain about Harden's fouls, it doesn't change the fact that he gets them. It's part of why you pay to get a player like Harden. Not just for his scoring, but that the refs will actually give them calls.

I'm not a fan of super star calls either, but the reality is what it is. You can't even breathe on KD and Lebron most of the time, however it's just what you have to deal with whether any of us like it or not.

And the last #1 defense than came to the valley got destroyed by 20. Who were also the #1 team in the East, still are. Pacers defense>>>Rockets defense so you guys aren't scaring no one. Specially with Dwight "can't handle the pressure" Howard.

Asik's better
04-04-2014, 04:40 AM
And the last #1 defense than came to the valley got destroyed by 20. Who were also the #1 team in the East, still are. Pacers defense>>>Rockets defense so you guys aren't scaring no one. Specially with Dwight "can't handle the pressure" Howard.
You mean the free falling pacers who were also smashed by the rockets. You have just created the definition of a mute point.

Asik's better
04-04-2014, 04:46 AM
No one is hating you guys just overrate your players that's all. I thought GS fans were annoying and full of themselves but you guys are becoming the new Lakers so full of yourselves when you guys got kicked in the 1st round last year and haven't done **** in this years playoffs. And advanced stats between Dragic and Harden are on par but sure Harden is GOAT and sure to be the next Jordan.
I like it when people misquote us. He was saying harden is better than dragic that's all. But judging by your reaction that's blasphemy and dragic is GOAT and sure to be next jordan.

alexander_37
04-04-2014, 11:54 AM
They have been winning us for 2 years in regular season series,blah blah blah,but at this point(7 game series) matchups are way more important.

We have Iggy and Klay who can do a good job on Harden.Not shut him down,because he is a great offensive player.Just stay in front of him.

I don't trust Dwight in big games,his attitude is so bad,and he is a huge risk imo.He could take over a game easily or he could get frustrated/in foul trouble easily and become a no factor.

They do not have the Pop/Duncan of the Spurs,Durant of the Thunder or the cp3/Blake/Doc Rivers combo of the Clippers.

PSD where imaginary matchup speculation > actual games.

14/27 39 points 4 rebounds 5 assists and 2 turnovers.

Iggy and Klay did SUCH a good job last game....

Keep speculating all you like because until it happens you are just talking out of your ***.

torocan
04-04-2014, 12:08 PM

You mean the team that the Rockets gave the WORST loss of the season blowing them out by 26 points? That was garbage time by the 4th quarter? Even IF the Rockets transition defense doesn't stop Phoenix's transition offense, Phoenix's lack of ANY transition offense at best makes it a stalemate.

That leaves you stuck with the rest of the game, and in the half court assuming healthy line ups on both sides, I just don't see Phoenix beating the Rockets.

No offense to Phoenix, they've got a great future. I just see them as last year's Rockets. Good, but not anywhere near ready to challenge the top 4 seeds to any real degree. Not enough defense, not enough depth, and not enough experience playing together.

They have a puncher's chance at best, just like last year's Rockets.

Minimal
04-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Portland

Memphis

GSW

Dallas

Phoenix

mdm692
04-04-2014, 12:24 PM
You mean the free falling pacers who were also smashed by the rockets. You have just created the definition of a mute point.
No actually they were at their peak when we beat them twice and we also beat you guys in Houston and on top of that you guys were on your way to being down 1-2 before the refs got involved the last 5 minutes and pretty much said "You guys can't even beat the Suns here's the game divas". Everybody watching the game that day agreed even Rockets fan in the thread. So I don't see your point. You guys need refs to win we just need hustle and heart. Either way Rockets ain't winning **** this year and in the words of Ricky Bobby "if you aint first you're last" so what are you bragging about other than getting a lower pick than us?

mdm692
04-04-2014, 12:27 PM
I like it when people misquote us. He was saying harden is better than dragic that's all. But judging by your reaction that's blasphemy and dragic is GOAT and sure to be next jordan.
Every time anybody challenges your guys opinion that is how your fan base pretty much reacts.

Asik's better
04-04-2014, 02:37 PM
No actually they were at their peak when we beat them twice and we also beat you guys in Houston and on top of that you guys were on your way to being down 1-2 before the refs got involved the last 5 minutes and pretty much said "You guys can't even beat the Suns here's the game divas". Everybody watching the game that day agreed even Rockets fan in the thread. So I don't see your point. You guys need refs to win we just need hustle and heart. Either way Rockets ain't winning **** this year and in the words of Ricky Bobby "if you aint first you're last" so what are you bragging about other than getting a lower pick than us?
I stand corrected on the pacers point but the more heart bit is ridicules. Go watch rockets vs heat or pacers and see the rockets play with plenty heart. And one final point, in the playoffs, Houston, who aren't the best inside team, would expose Phoenix inside. The suns have no answer for Dwight. And that's a huge factor come playoffs time.

Every time anybody challenges your guys opinion that is how your fan base pretty much reacts.
Not really, people don't like it when we use facts to back up our opinion. Also no rocket fan has compered harden to jordon. And we constonatly talk about Hardens problems as a player. People are just too blind by them hating on the rockets too see that.*

WARRIORS@GR
04-04-2014, 04:44 PM

Keep speculating all you like because until it happens you are just talking out of your ***.Sure,it's just speculation until it happens.
And,i could list some games where Iggy completely shut down Harden.What's the point?I said the Warriors have guys who could guard Harden at a good level,not necessarily shut him down.
Could you name me ONE guy on the Rockets who can do that with Curry and Lee?

alexander_37
04-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Really? Look at currys last 2 vs the rockets. Last game 25 points on pretty good shooting. And 20 points on 41% shooting.. hardly all world....

COOLbeans
04-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Houston's best shot at defensively stopping Steph is if Howard regains his allstar, all world form. Because no one on the Rocket's perimeter can stop Curry.

mzgrizz
04-04-2014, 10:19 PM
All I know is Grizz sure don't want the Spurs. We'll be pleased to make the dance and dance with anyone else :dance:

mdm692
04-04-2014, 11:23 PM
All I know is Grizz sure don't want the Spurs. We'll be pleased to make the dance and dance with anyone else :dance:
I think the Spurs prefer anyone over the Grizz actually. You guys can match them with the inside presence and dirty work. And Conley can more than hold his ground vs TP. That would be a great series that goes to 7 IMO.

DoMeFavors
04-04-2014, 11:39 PM
I think most teams want Clippers in the first round, by far least dangerous. BLake is known as being soft in the playoffs and their entire team basically they crumble from hard fouls and such.

FOBolous
04-05-2014, 12:04 AM

about iggy and klay's supposed defensive prowess vs Harden:

Keep speculating all you like because until it happens you are just talking out of your ***.

on the other hand...Patrick Beverly, who will be back by playoff time, has done a great job vs Curry. Curry averages a FG% of 41 vs Beverly.

sometimes i think GSW fans live in a fantasy world...they keep saying things that has no basis in reality.

kylem4711
04-05-2014, 12:17 AM
I think most teams want Clippers in the first round, by far least dangerous. BLake is known as being soft in the playoffs and their entire team basically they crumble from hard fouls and such.

you mean blake is known for being hurt in the playoffs and has proved to be a different player this year.

SouthSideRookie
04-05-2014, 12:20 AM
about iggy and klay's supposed defensive prowess vs Harden:

on the other hand...Patrick Beverly, who will be back by playoff time, has done a great job vs Curry. Curry averages a FG% of 41 vs Beverly.

sometimes i think GSW fans live in a fantasy world...they keep saying things that has no basis in reality.

You mean like thinking they are the better team even though Houston keeps beating them H2H and have a better record?

FOBolous
04-05-2014, 12:22 AM
You mean like thinking they are the better team even though Houston keeps beating them H2H and have a better record?

lol yup. and their reasoning is because "the regular season doesn't matter" while they think they're better than another team that's ahead of them in the standings, the Clippers, because of their regular season H2H matchups. These GSW fans crack me up...

oh and #fullsquad guys! because, without just ONE of their player (Iggy), the Warriors falls apart....meanwhile, Houston just beat OKC without Dwight and Patrick Beverly. And how many games has the Clippers won without their starting SG?

lincecum=future
04-05-2014, 12:52 AM

lol yup. and their reasoning is because "the regular season doesn't matter" while they think they're better than another team that's ahead of them in the standings, the Clippers, because of their regular season H2H matchups. These GSW fans crack me up...

oh and #fullsquad guys! because, without just ONE of their player (Iggy), the Warriors falls apart....meanwhile, Houston just beat OKC without Dwight and Patrick Beverly. And how many games has the Clippers won without their starting SG?

I would love to face Houston in the first round at full strength. Warriors would win it in 6.

Chronz
04-05-2014, 12:56 AM
I think the Spurs prefer anyone over the Grizz actually. You guys can match them with the inside presence and dirty work. And Conley can more than hold his ground vs TP. That would be a great series that goes to 7 IMO.
I was thinking the same, but the grid would rather play a weaker, familiar foe
Clips vs grizz episode 3

FOBolous
04-05-2014, 01:05 AM
I would love to face Houston in the first round at full strength. Warriors would win it in 6.

lol if you say so. obviously i disagree, but i'm not going to argue with you. #fullsquad!!!!

goku
04-05-2014, 03:24 AM

lol yall not facing last year's nuggets again who didn't have players to take over a series

COOLbeans
04-07-2014, 01:24 AM
Houston is the team I want the Warriors to see in the 1st round.

rhino17
04-07-2014, 02:23 AM

This is crazy. The clippers are the last team I want to face come playoff time. Blake might be the most ungaurdable player in the western conference right now.

As for this rockets/warriors talk, i don't get it. The warriors have nothing on the rockets right now, there is NOTHING anyone can point to that points the arrow in their direction. The rockets have someone to defend every position on the warriors, 2 superstars vs 1 for golden state, their record & head to head matchup are in the rockets favor, and like I said earlier, marc Jackson is the only coach in e playoffs that kevin McHale can actually out coach.

sunsfan88
04-07-2014, 02:54 AM
I actually like Houston (without Beverely) as a matchup for us. Clippers, Grizzlies and the Spurs are the 3 teams I don't want to see in the playoffs even though beating the Spurs in a playoff series in a season like this one would be equivalent to winning a championship for me personally.

Clippersfan86
04-07-2014, 02:59 AM

You've humiliated yourself more than anybody in PSD history with bogus posts like this. I admit you're always good for a hilarious Sig though. Are the Nets still finals bound?

goku
04-07-2014, 03:23 AM
Portland-
Wants: Thunder
Doesn't want: Rockets

Warriors:
wants- Rockets
Doesn't want - Spurs

Griz:
Wants- Clippers
Doesn't want-spurs

Suns:
Wants- Spurs
Doesn't want- Clippers

Mavs:
Wants- Thunder
Doesn't want- Clippers

Warriors vs Rockets series I have going 6-7 games but with HCA I believe Harden and Dwight will close them out at home in a game 7
Rockets have pretty much dominated the Blazers while LA will be a problem he will be getting Asik and howard thrown at him through a series im also not sold on the Blazers defense yes they can score but they cant really stop anybody Harden has played godly against them too I see that one going 5-6 games Rockets winning

sunsfan88
04-07-2014, 03:30 AM
Portland-
Wants: Thunder
Doesn't want: Rockets

Warriors:
wants- Rockets
Doesn't want - Spurs

Griz:
Wants- Clippers
Doesn't want-spurs

Suns:
Wants- Spurs
Doesn't want- Clippers

Mavs:
Wants- Thunder
Doesn't want- Clippers

Warriors vs Rockets series I have going 6-7 games but with HCA I believe Harden and Dwight will close them out at home in a game 7
Rockets have pretty much dominated the Blazers while LA will be a problem he will be getting Asik and howard thrown at him through a series im also not sold on the Blazers defense yes they can score but they cant really stop anybody Harden has played godly against them too I see that one going 5-6 games Rockets winning

Who do the Rockets want to avoid?

Clippersfan86
04-07-2014, 03:33 AM
The team that swept the Rockets by an average of 13 ppg probably (Clippers). Or are you asking him about lower seeds?

Pakman
04-07-2014, 03:58 AM
At this point I'd rather see clippers make it farther then the rockets and thats saying alot for myself. Their fans think they are the class of the west and that couldn't be more further from the truth.

goku
04-07-2014, 04:14 AM

I clearly only did the Lower 4 seeds since they arnt locked into those seeds ...

and the Griz cause but I don't think they will get the 5 seed

Portland and warriors are teams the Rockets have played wll against

since we gonna be getting Bev and Howard back not to mention Asik has been playing very well of late

goku
04-07-2014, 04:26 AM
The team that swept the Rockets by an average of 13 ppg probably (Clippers). Or are you asking him about lower seeds?

I guess since the rockets playing good against the Blazers and Spurs and Warriors in the Regular season don't matter so why should the Clippers Regular season Sweep shouldn't matter right ?

I only stated the Lower seeds since the Clippers and Rockets wouldn't see each other till the WCF

Clippersfan86
04-07-2014, 04:31 AM
I was just answering his question, though I probably misunderstood. The west is all about matchups. Come playoff time I want the Clips to face Rockets, Thunder and Mavs. Avoid Spurs, Grizzlies and Warriors if possible. Where as the Rockets probably WANT the Spurs but want to avoid OKC or Clips. I just wish we all knew who was playing who already so teams could prepare.

rhino17
04-07-2014, 09:29 AM

Rockets ideal situation would be to face either Portland or Golden State (Portland obviously most likely). Phoenix would be a tougher matchup than those 2 IMO for the rockets. Then face San Antonio in the 2nd round. The spurs are just a way better matchup for the rockets than the clippers and thunder. If somehow they beat the spurs, hope OKC and LAC battle a tough 7 game series with OKC winning. Clippers are the worst case scenario, I don't think there is any way we beat them in the playoffs, don't have anyone to contain Griffin.

torocan
04-07-2014, 09:31 AM
I was just answering his question, though I probably misunderstood. The west is all about matchups. Come playoff time I want the Clips to face Rockets, Thunder and Mavs. Avoid Spurs, Grizzlies and Warriors if possible. Where as the Rockets probably WANT the Spurs but want to avoid OKC or Clips. I just wish we all knew who was playing who already so teams could prepare.

This.

Rockets are a good match up against the Spurs (as good as you'll get against THAT crew), and a terrible match up against the Clippers. They are not a great match up against OKC, but not quite as bad as against the Clippers. They've actually been more effective slowing down and scoring against OKC than the Clippers.

Like every year, it all comes down to strengths and weaknesses.

sunsfan88
04-08-2014, 04:51 AM
I clearly only did the Lower 4 seeds since they arnt locked into those seeds ...

Yea my bad, I for some reason didn't realize that.

rockets-fan
04-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Rockets want nothing to do with the clippers hahaha

alexander_37
04-08-2014, 06:39 PM
IDK why but I feel like the Clippers are by far the biggest threat to the Rockets. I would rather face SA than LAC.