PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 key players THIS season for your team

DreamShaker
04-02-2014, 11:31 AM
I'm curious about this because I look at what some teams are doing despite major injuries, and I wonder who is contributing and filling the void. I also just wonder in general for each team, since box scores and highlights don't really tell the story. So who would you say? Explain as well.

kdspurman
04-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Kawhi Leonard Some notes I saw on him:

@quixem: Over the last three seasons, the Spurs' winning percentage with Kawhi (.785) is higher than Miami's with LeBron (.739).

@quixem: For that matter, the Spurs' winning percentage with Kawhi (.785) is also higher than OKC's with Durant (.714) over the last three seasons.

jesseGladsaget: @quixem The Spurs are 115-27(.810%) with Kawhi in the line-up since RJ was traded.

This guy means so much to the team. He covers so much ground defensively, plays the passing lanes better than anyone on the team, and crashes the boards. He is also comfortable operating in the post and exposing mismatches when there is a smaller player on him. Only makes me think how much better they would have been this year if he didn't miss 16 games, but in a sense it helped other guys step up which is better in the big picture. It's no coincidence they haven't lost a game since he returned.

Tony Parker The engine of the offense.. He can break down the defense and score in the paint or look for the 3 point shooters in the corner. When he's in attack mode, he creates havoc. Even without the ball, he's constantly moving around 2-3 screens making his man work on defense. Nothing that most folks don't already know about TP.

Tiago Splitter Was a tough choice with the 3rd one, but i'll go with Splitter. Since he has started alongside Duncan, the Spurs have once again become one of the better defensive teams in the league. He does a lot of the dirty work inside, and his mobility to step out on the perimeter and guard smaller players off a pick and roll allows Duncan to stay down low. He's got solid footwork around the rim, takes charges, skilled passer, and sets really good screens.

Chronz
04-02-2014, 12:49 PM
The boxscore tells the story for my team

Blake
CP3
DJ

Have been our MVP's IMO.

Clippersfan86
04-02-2014, 12:56 PM
The boxscore tells the story for my team

Blake
CP3
DJ

Have been our MVP's IMO.

Agree, although Redick was huge for our team and has a case against DJ IMO. In large part because of just how important he is to the system the team has in place. Crawford is also up there with DJ.

Hitman21
04-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Wall
Ariza
Beal

IgglesFanInCO
04-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Ty Lawson
Ty Lawson
Faried maybe?

With all the injuries the nuggets have it has really shown just how pivotal Ty is to this team and how little they have outside of him (thats healthy anyways). They are an almost .500 team with Ty and if he had been healthy all season thats where they might be, if he wasnt on the team at all this season I have absolutely no doubt in my mind we would have the worst record in the west by a solid margin. Its tough to quantify just how important he is in stats but there are very few, if any, players more individually responsible for a teams success(however little success that it)

Since the trade Aaron Brooks has helped a lot too

Chronz
04-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Agree, although Redick was huge for our team and has a case against DJ IMO. In large part because of just how important he is to the system the team has in place. Crawford is also up there with DJ.
From the way he worded the thread , I figured he was talking about MVP's, not whos potentially our most important players. If that were the case the order would go CP3, Blake with either DJ or JJ, getting that last slot.
But as it is, you cant have a case for MVP if you play so few games.

black1605
04-02-2014, 01:13 PM
1-Big Al He's been unstoppable on offense, and not as bad as advertised on defense. He's the main reason we've already won more games this year than we did in the previous two seasons combined.

21.5 ppg 10.4 rpg 2.1 apg 1.1 bpg 1.0 spg

2-Kemba Underrated play maker. His assist numbers have improved steadily all year, averaging 7.6 apg since the All Star Break. Streaky offensively at times, but capable of putting up big numbers.

18.0 ppg 4.2 rpg 5.9 apg .5 bpg 1.2 spg

3-McBob I almost put McRoberts over Kemba. His impact doesn't always show on the stat sheet, but he's like a second point guard on the court. The ball moves so much better with him on the floor. I really hope he sticks around next season.

8.6 ppg 4.9 rpg 4.2 apg .6 bpg .7 spg

Clippersfan86
04-02-2014, 01:19 PM
From the way he worded the thread , I figured he was talking about MVP's, not whos potentially our most important players. If that were the case the order would go CP3, Blake with either DJ or JJ, getting that last slot.
But as it is, you cant have a case for MVP if you play so few games.

Oh I didn't see MVP, if so, my bad. I guess I was just weighing it as value to the team. DJ deserves the nod because the last month or so, he's returned to early season form. The two games Blake has missed... DJ really stepped up and crushed the opposition.

MonroeFAN
04-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Andre Drummond
who cares

All-In
04-02-2014, 01:22 PM

This guy means so much to the team. He covers so much ground defensively, plays the passing lanes better than anyone on the team, and crashes the boards. He is also comfortable operating in the post and exposing mismatches when there is a smaller player on him. Only makes me think how much better they would have been this year if he didn't miss 16 games, but in a sense it helped other guys step up which is better in the big picture. It's no coincidence they haven't lost a game since he returned.

Tony Parker The engine of the offense.. He can break down the defense and score in the paint or look for the 3 point shooters in the corner. When he's in attack mode, he creates havoc. Even without the ball, he's constantly moving around 2-3 screens making his man work on defense. Nothing that most folks don't already know about TP.

Tiago Splitter Was a tough choice with the 3rd one, but i'll go with Splitter. Since he has started alongside Duncan, the Spurs have once again become one of the better defensive teams in the league. He does a lot of the dirty work inside, and his mobility to step out on the perimeter and guard smaller players off a pick and roll allows Duncan to stay down low. He's got solid footwork around the rim, takes charges, skilled passer, and sets really good screens.

Tiago over Duncan? Bold but I’d still go with Duncan….he’s much better on offense, passing, post-skills, scoring, Tiago hasn’t scored 20pts all year and Timmy is a pick and roll nightmare on both ends, Tiago plays 22mpg and Duncan 29mpg…its Duncan to me…but if you wanted to be Bold with your pick you should’ve went with Boris Diaw

kdspurman
04-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Tiago over Duncan? Bold but I’d still go with Duncan….he’s much better on offense, passing, post-skills, scoring, Tiago hasn’t scored 20pts all year and Timmy is a pick and roll nightmare on both ends, Tiago plays 22mpg and Duncan 29mpg…its Duncan to me…but if you wanted to be Bold with your pick you should’ve went with Boris Diaw

for sure there's a case for Diaw too and Duncan is an obvious choice. I just wanted to throw a different name out there. Duncan is the center piece and still does an incredible job defending the paint

Diaw's been great, Ginobili has had a bounce back year, Belinelli is shooting lights out and doing big things. There's a lot of guys, I just took a different route :)

Shammyguy3
04-02-2014, 10:24 PM
for the Bulls:
1) Joakim Noah
2) DJ Augustin
3) Taj Gibson

Jeffy25
04-02-2014, 10:52 PM

Sure, but can you really use winning percentage for a guy who has averaged less than 30 MPG over those three seasons vs Durant and Lebron?

jerellh528
04-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Young
Pau
Meeks
:puke:

Kaner
04-03-2014, 01:07 AM
Noah been amazing this year and both are offense and defense start with him

Butler Probably Thibs favorite player he's been playing over 40mpg since Deng was traded and now that he's healthy been alot more effiecent on offense as well as arguably the best wing defender in the nba

Augustin it was a toss up between him and Gibson but without augustins scoring and ability to create his own shot who knows just how bad are offense would be.

SensandRaps
04-03-2014, 03:13 AM
1.Kyle Lowry
2. Demar Derozan
3. Jonas Valanciunas

Vinny642
04-03-2014, 06:22 AM
Anthony Davis
Tyreke
Gordon or Roberts....

R. Johnson#3
04-03-2014, 06:37 AM
1. DeRozan

Our go to guy. He's been amazing this year and keeps getting better.

2. Lowry

Our leader. Hustles on every play and has been producing this year like never before.

3. Patrick Patterson

Provides our second unit with some scoring alongside Vasquez. Has a pretty good shot selection too.