PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Gay unsure if he will opt out of contract

NoahH
04-01-2014, 02:04 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/rudy-gay-has-yet-to-determine-whether-or-not-he-ll-opt-out-of-his--19-3-million-contract-175148219.html

Midway through the season (on the Raptors) Rudy Gay wasn't worth a $9.3 million, but his stock has elevated significantly since joining the Kings.

However, Gay still won't be worth 19.3 mill on the open market, which begs the question whether opting out is actually an option. I can't imagine Gay will command more than $12 mill on the open market.

Will Rudy Gay leave millions on the table to sign elsewhere? My gut tells me no.

sixers247
04-01-2014, 02:11 PM
No way he leaves 19 mil on the table. Then again maybe a team will give him like 12 a year for four. He actually hasn't been as Rudy Gay like since coming to the Kings.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2014, 03:50 PM
he would be an idiot to leave that money on the table, seeing as he won't get 70% of that in a new deal. He is better off waiting another year, raking in that $19+ million, then signing a 3 year, $30 million deal or whatever he will command.

smith&wesson
04-01-2014, 06:02 PM
he signed his previous contract before the new cba. he will never ever sniff 19 million a year again and if he were to think about leaving that on the table, im sure his agent will slap him and make him think twice..

he will be with the kings next season and he will get his money..

torocan
04-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Yah, I just don't see Rudy Gay opting out unless he decides to go ring chasing.

He'd lose too much money in one year vs his current value. Opting in gives him another year to raise his value for a better contract.

bearadonisdna
04-02-2014, 01:37 AM
The Bulls will have 14 mil in FA next year and he would be the perfect signing for them at that exact price. Yeah this is a new cba and there is no guarantee he will find a better situation than that for that price.

Ebbs
04-02-2014, 02:20 AM
Hard to say. His value is the highest it's been in three years. If someone was willing to offer him 12 or 13 mill a year four years he might take it. I'm not sure anyone really wants to be in sac right now.

Tony_Starks
04-02-2014, 02:49 AM
With the new cba and the whole "Rudy Gay is inefficient" movement he would be a bloody idiot to turn down that money.

Laugh all the way to the bank with the $19 milli, ball out with Cousins for a year and earn a nice 3-4 year deal for a nice payday while he's still young.

abe_froman
04-02-2014, 02:55 AM
The Bulls will have 14 mil in FA next year and he would be the perfect signing for them at that exact price. Yeah this is a new cba and there is no guarantee he will find a better situation than that for that price.
no way would the bulls have interest in him,i can guarantee that

his base option is to opt bck in and take the money,the hype/intrigue that surrounded him 4 years ago has faded,nobody will give him close to that

JLynn943
04-02-2014, 03:33 AM
I think he'd be crazy to opt out. He's played well for us and has played very well with Cousins and Isaiah Thomas (the only trio in the league to all have over 20 ppg), but I don't see him getting very close to $19M/yr. He'll probably be a good $5M off of that. Maybe he cashes in on a bounce-back year for a longer deal with less money, but it seems unlikely. Another year in Sacramento for him to prove himself and get paid doing it seems like the right choice.

MrfadeawayJB
04-02-2014, 01:51 PM
He def won't opt out

smith&wesson
04-02-2014, 02:41 PM

I agree, I think he would fit in very nicely with the bulls.. specially if he continues to play the way he has since being in sactown.