PDA

View Full Version : Hibbert calls out team mates

smith&wesson
03-31-2014, 05:51 PM
Hibbert calls out his teammates says "some selfish dudes on this team"
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24508932/pacers-roy-hibbert-after-recent-loss-some-selfish-dudes-in-here

who do you think he is reffering to ? newly aquired turner maybe ? lance ? west ? maybe even george ? is there chemistry issues in the locker room ?

Im not trolling or baiting pacer fans. I still think the pacers are a great team and have time to get it together before the post season. but it seams there might be some chemistry issues brewing??

5ass
03-31-2014, 06:10 PM
Def george

0nekhmer
03-31-2014, 06:13 PM
Of course its a locker room issue.. That star treatment must've gotten to Paul's head a little bit, and Lance is just trying to ball out because of his all star snub. Losing a vet in Granger(who has a history of being outspoken) might've been a factor too.

archdevil84
03-31-2014, 06:16 PM
i guess danny granger was a very underrated locker room guy

ThuglifeJ
03-31-2014, 06:16 PM
George. He comes off as selfish personality

archdevil84
03-31-2014, 06:19 PM
in the article hibbert states that "it affects the big guys" and that the ball doesnt move enouh. i think lance stephenson might be a big part of the problem actually

SeoulBeatz
03-31-2014, 06:23 PM
Hibbert calls out his teammates says "some selfish dudes on this team"
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24508932/pacers-roy-hibbert-after-recent-loss-some-selfish-dudes-in-here

who do you think he is reffering to ? newly aquired turner maybe ? lance ? west ? maybe even george ? is their chemistry issues in the locker room ?

Im not trolling or baiting pacer fans. I still think the pacers are a great team and have time to get it together before the post season. but it seams there might be some chemistry issues brewing??

Stephenson or Turner come to mind.

George is often too passive imo.

Walt
03-31-2014, 07:01 PM
Hibbert is the one talking. Maybe he should call himself out and grab more than 2 or 3 rebounds in a game. Seriously, when the guy gets 5 rebounds in a game, it's a huge accomplishment.

BenFrank
03-31-2014, 07:43 PM
Wrong time for a team to start pointing the finger, especially one a lot of people have as a contender..

Stunner
03-31-2014, 07:50 PM
It nots Lance more likely Turner

HouRealCoach
03-31-2014, 08:20 PM
Hahahaha... That's like Felton calling out Knicks big men

He's the biggest player in the NBA and have games where he grabs 4 and 5 rebounds but he's calling guys out

Bruno
03-31-2014, 08:35 PM
not good. miamis gotta love this.

GiantsSwaGG
03-31-2014, 09:11 PM
David West is the only player that should be calling out his teammates!

Crackadalic
03-31-2014, 09:15 PM
They gonna get upset in the first round if they don't get it together

NBA_Starter
03-31-2014, 09:20 PM
Sounds like a questionable move with a team that's already on edge.

P&GRealist
03-31-2014, 09:26 PM
Well, that sure didn't help.

therealwd27
03-31-2014, 10:17 PM
I'll gladly take 1st place lol. Keep on talking Hibbert.

therealwd27
03-31-2014, 10:18 PM
But on a real note he's most likely referring to Lance and PG.

YoungOne
03-31-2014, 10:31 PM

pretty much this.

P&GRealist
03-31-2014, 10:38 PM

Wtf has David West ever won?

This **** wouldn't be going on if 5x champ (3 as player and 2 as assistant coach) Brian Shaw was still the associate coach to Vogel.

beyourself
03-31-2014, 10:44 PM
Wtf has David West ever won?

This **** wouldn't be going on if 5x champ (3 as player and 2 as assistant coach) Brian Shaw was still the associate coach to Vogel.

Probably because David West is a long tenured NBA player. Paid his dues and has been a good player for a long time.

Winning titles are a team accomplishment.

FlashBolt
03-31-2014, 10:52 PM
It's definitely George. He's the only one taking shots of that volume.

sunsfan88
04-01-2014, 01:20 AM
Evan Turner.

TheMightyHumph
04-01-2014, 01:46 AM
Hibbert is the one talking. Maybe he should call himself out and grab more than 2 or 3 rebounds in a game. Seriously, when the guy gets 5 rebounds in a game, it's a huge accomplishment.

Thank you.

Hibbert is very much containable on offense.

His lack of rebounding compounds Pacers issues.

I'm about to turn 64 years old, and at the end of last season when the kids decided (voted) Hibbert was the 4th best NBA Center of all time, I couldn't decide whether to roll over laughing or vomit, so I did both. It was quite a cathartic experience.

bootypants
04-01-2014, 01:59 AM
Judging by the past 3 games....

FG/3P

PG 16-48 5-18
R. Hibbert 10-30 0-0
L. Stephenson 13-35 5-15
D. West 12-32 0-0
G. Hill 9-21 2-4

E. Turner 2-11 0-2
D. Sloan 6-16 2-4
L. Scola 9-20 0-0

The whole team blows.

HouRealCoach
04-01-2014, 01:59 AM
Well he got his shots tonight and he was still garbage lol

kobe4thewinbang
04-01-2014, 02:48 AM
I don't like this. Now is not the time to be butting heads. The best example of it was Kobe & Shaq, but this spells trouble in Indy if they choke in the playoffs. Somebody will be traded if they fall short and don't at least gel on the floor before going down should that happen. I hope they can turn it around. It's mind-blowing how they could be one game away from the NBA Finals last season and now be *****ing at each other. They need a point guard like Rondo to get everyone's head straight, at least on the court. I don't know who Hibbert is talking about, but it seems odd that he's saying it now. So maybe it's Turner? I don't watch Pacers games (only highlights) but jeez what's going on with them?

TylerSL
04-01-2014, 03:35 AM
most likely all 3 of George, Stephenson, and Turner. He would be right. That team should ****ing run through Hibbert and West. Make teams pay for not having 2 6'10+ guys on the floor at all times. Instead the offense is just George, Stephenson, and Turner holding the ball for 10+ seconds and playing iso. What is worse is that everybody else just stands and watches as they do this and do not move without the ball setting up plays.

If Indiana doesn't fix this soon they may lose more than the #1 seed in the East, they may not even be primed to beat a team like Toronto, Brooklyn, or Chicago in the second round. As crazy as that would have sounded a month ago, they are not playing like a top team in the East. And if they crack now, a second round exit for them isn't as crazy of a thought as it was earlier in the season.

TylerSL
04-01-2014, 03:48 AM
Thank you.

Hibbert is very much containable on offense.

His lack of rebounding compounds Pacers issues.

I'm about to turn 64 years old, and at the end of last season when the kids decided (voted) Hibbert was the 4th best NBA Center of all time, I couldn't decide whether to roll over laughing or vomit, so I did both. It was quite a cathartic experience.

where did this happen???

Punk
04-01-2014, 05:27 AM
Hibbert and his fake leadership. He routinely looks soft against big men equal to his height or size. Dating back to last year.

Calling teammates selfish is only driving the team downhill. If he wants to win games, go play like a man and STFU.

NYSpirit1
04-01-2014, 08:27 AM
The Pacers are one of the most overhyped teams in NBA history.

Seriously. Their 'All-Star' center is averaging 11.2 points and 6.9 rebounds. Yes a 7-2 guy is averaging a little over 6 rebounds as the starting center of a team.

Paul George is nowhere near Melo's level, let alone LeBron and Durant. Nowhere near. Look at his splits and he's gotten progressively worse as the season has worn on. He's an All-Star, but a fringe top 20 player. Thinking back to this forum in November when people were posting he was the next Michael Jordan is an absolute joke.

The Pacers are an elite defense team, one of the best in awhile, but an incredibly poor and awkward offensive team that will never lead them to a title.

Not with this leadership and chemistry and not when Lance Stephenson leaves next year.

beyourself
04-01-2014, 09:47 AM
Paul George isn't a good enough scorer for an offense to stagnate through him. Need more ball movement.

leprechaun5
04-01-2014, 09:58 AM
NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion
George Hill and Lance Stephenson got into a screaming argument and had to be separated by teammates last night. (h/t ESPN)

torocan
04-01-2014, 10:22 AM
George Hill and Lance Stephenson got into a screaming argument and had to be separated by teammates last night. (h/t ESPN)

Ok, THAT's not good this late in the season.

It's really starting to feel like this team is on the edge of imploding, and it's not due to the lack of talent. For some reason the chemistry is starting to break down, and that chemistry is going to be critical if they want to make a strong run in the play offs.

They still have time to get it together, but this late in the season it better be soon or they'll all be sitting on the sidelines and asking themselves "WTH Happened?" while Miami is locking up another ECF.

Crackadalic
04-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Never underestimate locker room leadership. Look at the knicks after losing their vets.

Look at granger the big brother of the team since he left. It's getting bad this late in the season

CHANGO
04-01-2014, 10:44 AM

WOW! That's just bad and wrong, why now? It doesn't make any sense.

torocan
04-01-2014, 10:56 AM
WOW! That's just bad and wrong, why now? It doesn't make any sense.

It's really hard to say with situations like this. Fans and GM's often want to change players/upgrade positions in order to make the team better, but chemistry is a *very* delicate thing.

Was it the loss of Grainger? Did the addition of Evan turner upset the cart? Did PG's ego become a problem after the all-star game? Did Lance Stephenson's All Star snub mess with his head? Or is this just youth and immaturity when dealing with a rough patch of games?

It could be any or all of the above.

Sometimes I think teams are Too fast to change players and ignore the locker room impact. Some guys do WAY more than you see on the court. They're kind of like the oil that greases the wheels behind the scenes. If those guys get out of whack or leave, you never know how the engine is going to run.

It's kind of like this group of friends I used to hang with... there was 2 guys that were real bull headed, but there was a 3rd guy that was the guy that kept it all together. He didn't really lead the group, or push guys to do anything, and if you were looking from the outside he was barely memorable. However, when things got heated, or people started to cross the line and say stuff that was about to cross the line, he was always the guy that could step in and get everyone laughing, calm them down, or get them to apologize for being jerks.

Take that guy out of the equation and I have no idea what would have happened.

archdevil84
04-01-2014, 11:24 AM
It's really hard to say with situations like this. Fans and GM's often want to change players/upgrade positions in order to make the team better, but chemistry is a *very* delicate thing.

Was it the loss of Grainger? Did the addition of Evan turner upset the cart? Did PG's ego become a problem after the all-star game? Did Lance Stephenson's All Star snub mess with his head? Or is this just youth and immaturity when dealing with a rough patch of games?

It could be any or all of the above.

Sometimes I think teams are Too fast to change players and ignore the locker room impact. Some guys do WAY more than you see on the court. They're kind of like the oil that greases the wheels behind the scenes. If those guys get out of whack or leave, you never know how the engine is going to run.

It's kind of like this group of friends I used to hang with... there was 2 guys that were real bull headed, but there was a 3rd guy that was the guy that kept it all together. He didn't really lead the group, or push guys to do anything, and if you were looking from the outside he was barely memorable. However, when things got heated, or people started to cross the line and say stuff that was about to cross the line, he was always the guy that could step in and get everyone laughing, calm them down, or get them to apologize for being jerks.

Take that guy out of the equation and I have no idea what would have happened.

after reading your comment i now view teams as sort of a machine. The key players are like the big cogs and the role players are the smaller cogs. The coach is the mechanic that keeps the machine running and make sure it works properly and the veterans that dont play much but are important for the locker room is the oil that keeps the big cogs and the smaller cogs together and running

NoahH
04-01-2014, 11:30 AM

I second this.

Hibbert has no right to call out his teammates when he's playing like absolutely trash...

His past 30 days stats:

30mpg, 9ppg, 4.6rpg, 41 FG%.

AWFUL stats for an all star big man...

Hibbert putting up 17-12 in the playoffs last year mustve been an anomaly. Pacers are gonna get run out of the East in the second round. Hibbert is the new Bargnani with his rebounding totals except he cant hit an outside jumper

tr3ymill3r
04-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Yup, if he singled anyone out in particular they need to turn around and say you're 7'2" and can't average 10 rebounds a game, you're a waste of height. How about you get a rebound and do your job and let the PG and all star do their jobs.

kobe4thewinbang
04-01-2014, 12:10 PM
George Hill and Lance Stephenson got into a screaming argument and had to be separated by teammates last night. (h/t ESPN):mad:

Why, man? Jeez. They have a chance to be the NBA Champions and they're squabbling?

flea
04-01-2014, 12:13 PM
I guess most posters in this thread don't really know how the Pacers play basketball if they're complaining about rebounds. Ball movement is the problem, like has been said, not Hibbert getting defensive rebounds instead of Stephenson.

72 Wins
04-01-2014, 12:34 PM
I agree with the comments, Hibbert really has no right to call out his team mates... but he is definitely right. I blame coaching, with West and Hibbert on the floor, the Pacers need to improve their inside-outside game. But I'm loving this turmoil. haha

John Walls Era
04-01-2014, 05:13 PM
For a guy who averages 11 and 6, he really has the balls to speak out. And I know his defensive efficiency is high (which may or may not be because of their defensive scheme).

J4KOP99
04-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Might as well get this out of the way now. I still think that they will be fine but they need to get this idea that people feel sorry for them, out of their head. Get over it, stop complaining to the media, and talk to each other in the locker room.

Teeboy1487
04-01-2014, 05:41 PM
This is the weakest Miami have looked and they still have a cakewalk to the finals. The NBA sucks so bad this year.

MetroMan
04-01-2014, 06:18 PM
Sources say Roy Hibbert's Bowel Movements Causes a Disturbance behind the scenes and the odor cause Paul George to vomit right before every game thus interfering with his ability to play on the floor

SteBO
04-01-2014, 07:05 PM
This is the weakest Miami have looked and they still have a cakewalk to the finals. The NBA sucks so bad this year.
If you're looking at the Eastern conference playoffs as a whole, then I'd agree. But that Pacers series last year was very taxing on Miami physically....the year prior was no walk in the park either.

IndyRealist
04-01-2014, 10:29 PM
It is absolutely Lance, and to a lesser extent Paul.

IndyRealist
04-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Yup, if he singled anyone out in particular they need to turn around and say you're 7'2" and can't average 10 rebounds a game, you're a waste of height. How about you get a rebound and do your job and let the PG and all star do their jobs.

....Hibbert is never in position to rebound the ball, because on defense he has to rotate to stop penetration because no one on the perimeter can stay in front of their man, and on offense he is required to set screens for the wing players. Even the Pacers announcers are calling out Lance and Paul.

I can't believe that -I- am a stat geek, and I have to tell people to watch a game.