PDA

View Full Version : Who Ends Up With #1 Seed in East - Pacers or Heat?

P&GRealist
03-31-2014, 04:27 PM
Pacers (52-22)

Remaining schedule:

Tonight: vs Spurs

Wed 4/2: vs Pistons

Fri 4/4: @ Raptors

Sun 4/6: vs Hawks

Wed 4/9: @ Bucks

Fri 4/11: @ Heat

Sun 4/13: vs Thunder

Wed 4/16: @ Magic

Heat (50-22)

Remaining schedule:

Tonight: vs Raptors

Wed 4/2: vs Bucks

Fri 4/4: vs Timberwolves

Sun 4/6: vs Knicks

Tues 4/8: vs Nets
Wed 4/9: @ Grizzlies

Fri 4/11: vs Pacers
Sat 4/12: @ Hawks

Mon 4/14: @ Wizards

Wed 4/16: vs 76ers

whyumadbro!
03-31-2014, 05:07 PM
Miami has started resting their players, I see them sitting the big 3 out for 2 of the last 3 games - but I feel as though they will win the conference by not trying. Happened last season...It'll be a shame if the pacers lose that edge they pride themselves on all season.

PacersForLife
03-31-2014, 05:17 PM
Looking like the Heat....

P&GRealist
03-31-2014, 05:38 PM
Take into account that the Heat still have 2 back-to-backs left while the Pacers have none. Also take into account that the Pacers have 2 days off between games on 2 different occasions.

Hawkeye15
03-31-2014, 05:43 PM
The Pacers offense has gone to **** the last month or so. The Heat might very well just back into 1st place.

Ah, must be SO nice to be a fan of an east team, where this year, 56 wins gets you a 1 seed, and 36 wins gets you in the playoffs.

P&GRealist
03-31-2014, 05:48 PM
The Pacers offense has gone to **** the last month or so. The Heat might very well just back into 1st place.

Ah, must be SO nice to be a fan of an east team, where this year, 56 wins gets you a 1 seed, and 36 wins gets you in the playoffs.

George Hill is useless. They need to rid of him this summer.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-31-2014, 06:15 PM
I think the Pacers get it because I believe that the Heat are gonna rest their players a bit earlier for the playoffs.

P&GRealist
03-31-2014, 06:32 PM
I think the Pacers get it because I believe that the Heat are gonna rest their players a bit earlier for the playoffs.

The Heat had to win 2 consecutive game 7's at home to repeat last yr. They know the value of HCA, they are not going to rest anyone not named Dwyane Wade.

Spoelstra will monitor minutes, but I don't see them not going for that #1 seed.

SteBO
03-31-2014, 07:07 PM

The Heat had to win 2 consecutive game 7's at home to repeat last yr. They know the value of HCA, they are not going to rest anyone not named Dwyane Wade.

Spoelstra will monitor minutes, but I don't see them not going for that #1 seed.
As a Heat fan, I'll tell you flatly that the #1 seed is not a high priority for them. The year before, they won a Finals series as underdogs against OKC without HCA. Should Miami not get the top seed, they're more than capable of winning an important road game 7. Elimination road games aren't foreign to this bunch....

jerellh528
03-31-2014, 09:09 PM
As a Heat fan, I'll tell you flatly that the #1 seed is not a high priority for them. The year before, they won a Finals series as underdogs against OKC without HCA. Should Miami not get the top seed, they're more than capable of winning an important road game 7. Elimination road games aren't foreign to this bunch....

Miami has never been underdogs since the big three formed sans this season. And that's because of wades health. They need every advantage they can get because it seems with wades deteriorating health, they can't just turn it on whenever and bully teams. It would behoove them to try and lock up the number 1 seed. I give them a 40-60 shot.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-31-2014, 09:16 PM
Miami has never been underdogs since the big three formed sans this season. And that's because of wades health. They need every advantage they can get because it seems with wades deteriorating health, they can't just turn it on whenever and bully teams. It would behoove them to try and lock up the number 1 seed. I give them a 40-60 shot.

IIRC, Vegas had the Celtics and Bulls as favorites in their series' against the Heat in 2011.

Hawkeye15
03-31-2014, 09:36 PM

well, Wade looks much healthier right now than he did in last years playoffs. Seriously, keeping their roster healthy means WAY more than the #1 seed.

therealwd27
03-31-2014, 10:21 PM
Health is first priority. If we happen to get #1 seed in the process then that's a great accomplishment.

Slug3
03-31-2014, 10:38 PM
Just let James jones win games for the Heat.

FlashBolt
03-31-2014, 10:56 PM
Miami needs to sit Wade for the 1st/second round. Pretty sure they have that locked up. Also gives Bosh more confidence. It seems like Miami will secure the first seed but let's be honest - that's not their goal. If they really had #1 seed as the goal, Wade would've been playing. Also, I think many people have discovered that PG is overrated. His defense is superb (A bit overrated as well because Roy Hibbert is always covering his mess), but he's not much better than he was last year. He's not as good as I thought.

IversonIsKrazy
03-31-2014, 11:31 PM
Heat have the schedule edge. Plus, I feel Pacers are in more of a rut even tho they beat the Heat last week.

Honestly, I think it's literally if Heat want it or not. If Heat want it and don't rest LeBron & Bosh, they'll finish #1 seed. If they rest LeBron/Bosh, Indy will get it.

Wade n Fade
04-01-2014, 12:10 AM
The Pacers' soda power is finally running out.

goingfor28
04-01-2014, 12:25 AM
heat

JordansBulls
04-01-2014, 01:41 AM
Not sure it matters now. Pacers can't even beat mediocore teams on the road now when they need to.

jerellh528
04-01-2014, 02:29 AM
They can still turn it around. What was it, like a week ago the heat only won 4 out of 11 something like that?

CheeznWingz
04-01-2014, 06:07 AM
Pacers, by 2 games

nycericanguy
04-01-2014, 09:52 AM
If the Knicks get in, do these teams really WANT the #1 seed?

I mean the #2 seed gets the Bobcats...

whyumadbro!
04-01-2014, 10:01 AM
If the Knicks get in, do these teams really WANT the #1 seed?

I mean the #2 seed gets the Bobcats...

LOL...are you implying that the Knicks are scary? Ohhh, they're scared!

ATX
04-01-2014, 10:19 AM
It most likely will come down to the last season meeting of the Heat and Pacers in Miami on Friday, April 11th.

torocan
04-01-2014, 11:05 AM
This is definitely going down to the wire. I had the Pacers to take it, but with the way they're imploding in the locker room, I just don't know at this point.

The Heat aren't playing well, but that's a LOT easier to fix than locker room issues.

Will the Pacers get their heads back in the game? No idea, but this is a really BAD time to be dealing with team drama... and I wouldn't be shocked if it ended up costing them the #1 seed and a real shot at the Finals.

P&GRealist
04-01-2014, 03:05 PM
They can still turn it around. What was it, like a week ago the heat only won 4 out of 11 something like that?

But the Heat weren't getting blowout out by sissy teams or by elite teams at home during that span.

DillyDill
04-01-2014, 03:52 PM
It would be absolutely devastating for the Pacers if they lose the 1 seed and HCA to Miami. That's been their ultimate goal all year, they haven't shut up about it, as if that's their personal championship...and they might have very well choked it away in like the last 15 games of the season smh Pacers.