PDA

View Full Version : 4/1 | NBA GameThread

kdspurman
03-31-2014, 12:06 PM
Tuesday April 1st, 2014

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/230/thumbs/eigv3ra8cjkojrywrgcvy6z29.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/3786/thumbs/059g03v9hg2zxhrbo7hez1fxv.gif

Time: 8:00 PM ET
National Television: http://i44.tinypic.com/2i1fo6o.png

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/235/thumbs/1bhcqs6l5t44lw04y1tygdsce.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/228/thumbs/436.gif

Time: 8:30 PM ET

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/239/thumbs/ehhe10rcvq6zu3bpszv0694ry.gif@http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/237/thumbs/g4it82hxi9dg55krqieloy4io.gif

Time: 10:30 PM ET
National Television: http://i44.tinypic.com/2i1fo6o.png

P&GRealist
04-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Nets
Warriors
Blazers

torocan
04-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Rockets, Mavs, Blazers

Nets don't do well against athletic transition teams. Mavs have more to lose and are going to be hungrier (3 way tie for the 7-9 seed). Portland is just WAY better than the Lakers.

c.c.
04-01-2014, 08:22 PM
We are very wounded tonight but I don't see Brooklyn as a serious threat

Robbw241
04-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Pace is fierce right now

Chill_Will_24
04-01-2014, 08:38 PM

So are the Nets but this pace definitely suits Houston

ThaDubs
04-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Can someone tell me where the **** to watch the ****ing Warriors game?

It's not on CSN and it's blacked out on League Pass. **** this ****.

c.c.
04-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Blatch good flop

Robbw241
04-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Breathe on Harden, and it is a foul evidently.

ThaDubs
04-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Nobody wants to watch the ****ing Giants and A's. **** baseball. I pay GOOD money for LP and I have to deal with this ****ing ********.

c.c.
04-01-2014, 08:48 PM

Lopez is an injury prone and KG been in the league since 1995 so those injuries are expected

c.c.
04-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Asik gonna snag rebounds and protect the rim to the max! Add some better post play and he'll be a beast

AddiX
04-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Kidd doing a heck of a job putting this roster together.

And plumlee never should of fell as far as he did. Really like his game.

Hou without asik or Dwight in the lineup becomes as soft as golden state.

VinceCarter
04-01-2014, 09:10 PM

lol wat?

AddiX
04-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Can someone tell me where the **** to watch the ****ing Warriors game?

It's not on CSN and it's blacked out on League Pass. **** this ****.

Check lifetime...

c.c.
04-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Kidd doing a heck of a job putting this roster together.

And plumlee never should of fell as far as he did. Really like his game.

Hou without asik or Dwight in the lineup becomes as soft as golden state.

:laugh:

c.c.
04-01-2014, 09:35 PM
lol wat?

APRIL FOOLS!

Nah I was serious bro

Chill_Will_24
04-01-2014, 10:00 PM

Lopez is an injury prone and KG been in the league since 1995 so those injuries are expected

We are IMO better without Lopez and check the numbers and you will see the impact KG has on this team. Not to mention Kirilenko and Thorton are no scrubs.

Both teams are short handed

VinceCarter
04-01-2014, 10:04 PM
APRIL FOOLS!

Nah I was serious bro

Well that non-serious threat has had the lead for the majority of the game.

mightybosstone
04-01-2014, 10:10 PM
We are IMO better without Lopez and check the numbers and you will see the impact KG has on this team. Not to mention Kirilenko and Thorton are no scrubs.

Both teams are short handed

It's not comparable. The Rockets are without three of their starters and three of their five best players. Couple that with the fact that Motiejunas got into early foul trouble, and it's a miracle they're in this basketball game at all.

mightybosstone
04-01-2014, 10:13 PM

Yeah. On the road. Without three starters and three of their five best players. With both teams at full health, there's no doubt Houston is a superior basketball team. And anyone who would say otherwise is not in their right mind.

Chill_Will_24
04-01-2014, 10:17 PM

Yeah. On the road. Without three starters and three of their five best players. With both teams at full health, there's no doubt Houston is a superior basketball team. And anyone who would say otherwise is not in their right mind.

Oh please

mightybosstone
04-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Oh please

"Oh, please" what? Are you going to make a point anywhere? No matter what barometer you use to judge teams, record, point differential, SRS, Hollinger rankings, the Rockets completely dominate the Nets, and it's not remotely close. Couple that with the fact that Houston clearly plays in a superior conference, and there's really no debate. Even with a healthy Lopez, a healthy Rockets team would easily beat this Nets team in a seven-game series. Brooklyn is old and all of their stars aside from Lopez (who clearly has injury concerns) are either at the end of their prime or passed it years ago.

ThaDubs
04-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Oh please

Are you implying the Nets are superior to the Rockets? Lol

WARRIORS@GR
04-01-2014, 10:29 PM
"Oh, please" what? Are you going to make a point anywhere? No matter what barometer you use to judge teams, record, point differential, SRS, Hollinger rankings, the Rockets completely dominate the Nets, and it's not remotely close. Couple that with the fact that Houston clearly plays in a superior conference, and there's really no debate. Even with a healthy Lopez, a healthy Rockets team would easily beat this Nets team in a seven-game series. Brooklyn is old and all of their stars aside from Lopez (who clearly has injury concerns) are either at the end of their prime or passed it years ago.Nets would not take take more than 2 games(at most) against any of the West playoff teams,lol.

KniCks4LiFe
04-01-2014, 10:29 PM
remember when I made that thread talking about how good Plumlee is on the floor? He's now displaying it.

btw Brooklyn is whole different team. Any scouting report from December, needs to go out the window.

Houston w/o Dwight and Jones, their defense is as soft as http://youtu.be/XK5wL1a22zM

Htownballa1622
04-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Well at least we've almost guaranteed the 4 spot because we've played like trash and we need to get healthy.

This BKN team would maybe scrape in playoffs in west so that's saying something.

omdigga
04-01-2014, 10:30 PM
22 boards for omer asik... beast.

WARRIORS@GR
04-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Harrison Barnes beasting again:facepalm:

mightybosstone
04-01-2014, 10:34 PM
remember when I made that thread talking about how good Plumlee is on the floor? He's now displaying it.

btw Brooklyn is whole different team. Any scouting report from December, needs to go out the window.

Houston w/o Dwight and Jones, their defense is as soft as http://youtu.be/XK5wL1a22zM

And Jones isn't even that good of a defender. He's average at best, and he does a decent job switching on opposing perimeter players and guarding them in a pinch. The problem is Houston is without Dwight, Jones AND Greg Smith, and then Motiejunas got into early foul trouble, so they've essentially had to go small ball all game. Throw in the fact that Beverley's out and they've got Canaan, Garcia and Casspi playing big minutes, when those guys haven't played much at all lately.

And I'm not saying that this Nets team isn't vastly improved from earlier in the season. I'm saying they aren't remotely as good of a basketball team as a healthy Rockets squad.

Bruno
04-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Harden can't defend his position. childs play for JJ right now.

WARRIORS@GR
04-01-2014, 10:37 PM
At this point i'm convinced the Warriors never get fouled.4 free throws all game,2 of them being and-ones.What a joke.

KniCks4LiFe
04-01-2014, 10:39 PM
And Jones isn't even that good of a defender. He's average at best, and he does a decent job switching on opposing perimeter players and guarding them in a pinch. The problem is Houston is without Dwight, Jones AND Greg Smith, and then Motiejunas got into early foul trouble, so they've essentially had to go small ball all game. Throw in the fact that Beverley's out and they've got Canaan, Garcia and Casspi playing big minutes, when those guys haven't played much at all lately.

And I'm not saying that this Nets team isn't vastly improved from earlier in the season. I'm saying they aren't remotely as good of a basketball team as a healthy Rockets squad.

Jones is better defending that spot than Monti or Casspi. I like Canaan but in time.

Maybe so, but the Nets aren't healthy either. You forgot they missing Lopez and KG is an issue. But I see what you say. And I agree.

KniCks4LiFe
04-01-2014, 10:42 PM
hope that took a lot out of the Nyets. We'll be waiting for you at MSG.

mightybosstone
04-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Jones is better defending that spot than Monti or Casspi. I like Canaan but in time.

Maybe so, but the Nets aren't healthy either. You forgot they missing Lopez and KG is an issue. But I see what you say. And I agree.
No, I'm aware that the Nets are without Lopez, but I think the Rockets being without those guys is a bigger impact than the Nets playing without Lopez and a washed up KG who plays 20 minutes a night. Consider that earlier in the season, the Rockets absolutely crushed the Nets at home with Lopez on the floor by 19 points in a game where the Rockets starters sat the entire fourth quarter. Also, consider that the Nets have played all season long without Lopez and have adapted. Houston has played without these guys for a really short period of time.

Healthy Rockets team with Dwight > Healthy Nets team with Lopez

KniCks4LiFe
04-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Harden can't defend his position. childs play for JJ right now.

he pissed me off tonight. How do you let Joe do that to you on TNT? if he's doing that to you what will Westbrook or KD do? and he just refused to play D tonight. IDK if it's by coach's preference or personal habit.

Tony_Starks
04-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Brooklyn just might give Miami the toughest time in the east playoffs....

sf-fanatic
04-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Wtf how is that not a foul ? lol

WARRIORS@GR
04-01-2014, 10:52 PM
Wow that's a clear foul.

KniCks4LiFe
04-01-2014, 10:53 PM
No, I'm aware that the Nets are without Lopez, but I think the Rockets being without those guys is a bigger impact than the Nets playing without Lopez and a washed up KG who plays 20 minutes a night. Consider that earlier in the season, the Rockets absolutely crushed the Nets at home with Lopez on the floor by 19 points in a game where the Rockets starters sat the entire fourth quarter. Also, consider that the Nets have played all season long without Lopez and have adapted. Houston has played without these guys for a really short period of time.

Even a washed up KG had the Nets defense top 5 in the NBA. Lopez was one of the best defenders in the NBA. Before he went down I think he ranked #1 in some areas defensively. I'll double check it. I don't think the Rockets would crush them, the Nets team that didn't have an idea what they were doing sure. But this one? this has beaten Miami 2 times, this one has beaten OKC, this one has beaten some good teams in the West. A series where they turn a team into a 1/2 court team, they're a problem.

I'll say they are even. That Brooklyn team has 3 or 4 guys now capable of hitting big shots in the crunch. The Dwight affect would force outside shots, well Brooklyn is hitting those shots.

KniCks4LiFe
04-01-2014, 10:55 PM

you think my Knicks upset them tomorrow?

mightybosstone
04-01-2014, 10:56 PM
he pissed me off tonight. How do you let Joe do that to you on TNT? if he's doing that to you what will Westbrook or KD do? and he just refused to play D tonight. IDK if it's by coach's preference or personal habit.

Personally, I think the guy takes off the occasional game defensively. I don't think he really cared that the game was on TNT. He knew Houston has the fourth seed if they want it, three of their starters were out and a loss against an Eastern Conference team doesn't really hurt them much in the playoff race. If this game had mattered, he would have fought a hell of a lot harder to get around those picks and to close out on perimeter shooters.

And I'm not defending the guy in this case. I think it's ****** that he does this. But at the same time, it's hard to take a game like this too seriously. If they were playing the Thunder or the Spurs or the Clippers, or if this had been a playoff game, you can bet he would have given a lot more ****s about the outcome of this game.

KniCks4LiFe
04-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Personally, I think the guy takes off the occasional game defensively. I don't think he really cared that the game was on TNT. He knew Houston has the fourth seed if they want it, three of their starters were out and a loss against an Eastern Conference team doesn't really hurt them much in the playoff race. If this game had mattered, he would have fought a hell of a lot harder to get around those picks and to close out on perimeter shooters.

And I'm not defending the guy in this case. I think it's ****** that he does this. But at the same time, it's hard to take a game like this too seriously. If they were playing the Thunder or the Spurs or the Clippers, or if this had been a playoff game, you can bet he would have given a lot more ****s about the outcome of this game.

So another words you think Houston took them for granted. How many games up on the 4 spot are they. B/c I would think these games matter.

I agree.

Chill_Will_24
04-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Oh please

"Oh, please" what? Are you going to make a point anywhere? No matter what barometer you use to judge teams, record, point differential, SRS, Hollinger rankings, the Rockets completely dominate the Nets, and it's not remotely close. Couple that with the fact that Houston clearly plays in a superior conference, and there's really no debate. Even with a healthy Lopez, a healthy Rockets team would easily beat this Nets team in a seven-game series. Brooklyn is old and all of their stars aside from Lopez (who clearly has injury concerns) are either at the end of their prime or passed it years ago.

The Nets are built for the playoffs. The Nets are a slow methodical team that play tough defense.

This isn't the same team you guys beat this season. They are deep, they are experienced, and they are finally getting used to each other.

Look at their defense with and without KG and tell me he is not important to them. What you are doing is exaggerating the impact of your injuries and dismissing the Nets'.

Garnett and Kirilenko are our two best defensive players and Thornton is a key rotational player.

Jones, Howard, Beverly vs Garnett, Kirilenko, Thornton. Obviously in terms of playing time it seems like the Rockets were missing more but in terms of what they mean to their teams you can't measure it. I can tell you as as Nets fan those players are incredibly important to the Nets. The Nets are like 22-4 or something like that when AK plays.

So when you wanna take the L like a man and stop blaming injuries come back to me sir. Nets feel no pity for other teams injury woes when they were a laughing stock in 2013 and nobody cared about their injuries, chemistry issues, and coaching change.

mightybosstone
04-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Even a washed up KG had the Nets defense top 5 in the NBA. Lopez was one of the best defenders in the NBA. Before he went down I think he ranked #1 in some areas defensively. I'll double check it.
I like Lopez's game, but this is straight up nonsense. I don't care what barometer you use to judge defense, but Brook Lopez is not remotely in the discussion of best defensive bigs. He's gotten a lot better since his early years, but I'd have a hard time ranking him anything ahead of slightly above average.

I don't think the Rockets would crush them, the Nets team that didn't have an idea what they were doing sure. But this one? this has beaten Miami 2 times, this one has beaten OKC, this one has beaten some good teams in the West. A series where they turn a team into a 1/2 court team, they're a problem.
They beat Miami in games Miami gives zero ****s about. I would not take the Nets to beat Miami, Indiana or any Western Conference playoff team right now except for perhaps Phoenix or Dallas if they played particularly well.

I'll say they are even. That Brooklyn team has 3 or 4 guys now capable of hitting big shots in the crunch. The Dwight affect would force outside shots, well Brooklyn is hitting those shots.
:laugh: Based on what? Let's assume the Nets are 100% healthy throughout the season. How many wins does a healthy Brook Lopez give them? I'll be extremely generous and give them 8 more wins, or roughly 10% of the season. That STILL doesn't match Houston's win total. Give the Rockets a 100% healthy team all season long and a (very modest) 2 extra wins, and they'd have 51 wins, still easily a superior team to Brooklyn.

Houston isn't just a superior offensive team, but a superior defensive team as well. They crush Brooklyn in every major offensive category and beat them by a decent margin in defensive FG% and defensive efficiency. Having a healthy Lopez would certainly help them close the gap a little offensively, but I don't think he makes a huge difference defensively.

Chill_Will_24
04-01-2014, 11:07 PM

Even a washed up KG had the Nets defense top 5 in the NBA. Lopez was one of the best defenders in the NBA. Before he went down I think he ranked #1 in some areas defensively. I'll double check it. I don't think the Rockets would crush them, the Nets team that didn't have an idea what they were doing sure. But this one? this has beaten Miami 2 times, this one has beaten OKC, this one has beaten some good teams in the West. A series where they turn a team into a 1/2 court team, they're a problem.

We beat the Heat 3 times bro. Great job being unbiased though. Props

WARRIORS@GR
04-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Oh my **** Steph!!!!

Chill_Will_24
04-01-2014, 11:08 PM

They are built to beat them. Though they wanna avoid the Wizards at all costs

NYMetros
04-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Impressive.

leprechaun5
04-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Mavs don't deserve to be in playoffs .

WARRIORS@GR
04-01-2014, 11:12 PM
PraiseJesus idiotic statements keep looking worse and worse as the season goes on.

KniCks4LiFe
04-01-2014, 11:16 PM
We beat the Heat 3 times bro. Great job being unbiased though. Props

twice w/ no Lopez. Sorry I didn't mean the full line up. I know they have 3 wins vs MIA this season. Someone has to be.

Hey chances that Deron and Joe sit tomorrow, since you already clinched a spot?

mightybosstone
04-01-2014, 11:16 PM
The Nets are built for the playoffs. The Nets are a slow methodical team that play tough defense.

This isn't the same team you guys beat this season. They are deep, they are experienced, and they are finally getting used to each other.

Look at their defense with and without KG and tell me he is not important to them. What you are doing is exaggerating the impact of your injuries and dismissing the Nets'.

Garnett and Kirilenko are our two best defensive players and Thornton is a key rotational player.

Jones, Howard, Beverly vs Garnett, Kirilenko, Thornton. Obviously in terms of playing time it seems like the Rockets were missing more but in terms of what they mean to their teams you can't measure it. I can tell you as as Nets fan those players are incredibly important to the Nets. The Nets are like 22-4 or something like that when AK plays.

So when you wanna take the L like a man and stop blaming injuries come back to me sir. Nets feel no pity for other teams injury woes when they were a laughing stock in 2013 and nobody cared about their injuries, chemistry issues, and coaching change.

The main difference is that the Nets are banking on guys with major injury concerns in the first place, and the Rockets are dealing with unexpected injuries right now that nobody saw coming. Lopez missed an entire season of basketball two years ago, Garnett plays fewer minutes every season and topped 70 games once in the last six years, Kirilenko hasn't played 70 games in a season since 2008 and Pierce's health and effectiveness has started to diminish the last 2-3 seasons.

Brooklyn isn't built for the playoffs. They're built to miss huge chunks of time and pray to be healthy enough in the playoffs to make a decent playoff run. But even a 100% health, this team poses no threat. Prior to the season I would have said otherwise, but I didn't anticipate the substantial dropoff of Williams, Pierce and KG all at the same time. As constructed, Brooklyn is a second round exit that would be extremely lucky to push Miami or Indiana to 6 games.

Could Brooklyn take advantage of their veterans, get hot at the right time and somehow upset Miami or Indiana playing mediocre basketball in a seven-game series? Sure. But nobody is betting on that right now, and for good reason. Brooklyn is an okay basketball team whose window for contention was open for about five seconds and closed pretty much as soon as it opened.

Trwood12
04-01-2014, 11:17 PM
How did Curry make that shot..?

gatkins11
04-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Mavs don't deserve to be in playoffs .

I'm a Mavs fan and agree. Blowing leads is all this team does.

RipCity32
04-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Nash looking good tonight.

sf-fanatic
04-01-2014, 11:27 PM
If you were to blame someone on the Mavs, who was the defender that just stood in no man's land between Curry and Draymond Green ? Probably Ellis or Calderon. But they just literally stood in an area and wasn't even guarding anyone.

KniCks4LiFe
04-01-2014, 11:30 PM
I like Lopez's game, but this is straight up nonsense. I don't care what barometer you use to judge defense, but Brook Lopez is not remotely in the discussion of best defensive bigs. He's gotten a lot better since his early years, but I'd have a hard time ranking him anything ahead of slightly above average.

Statistically he was there. 0.65 PPP against him over all before he got hurt. That ranked #4. And then in his limited time as a post defender .32 PPP. They were shooting 17% against him. Would it have continued? who knows. But he was giant defensive anchor.

They beat Miami in games Miami gives zero ****s about. I would not take the Nets to beat Miami, Indiana or any Western Conference playoff team right now except for perhaps Phoenix or Dallas if they played particularly well.

Nah, we watched those games. Miami gave a ****. They can't play that card. KG and PP are the only players in the east that can say, they eliminated LeBron James in a series. That's a mental edge there.

:laugh: Based on what? Let's assume the Nets are 100% healthy throughout the season. How many wins does a healthy Brook Lopez give them? I'll be extremely generous and give them 8 more wins, or roughly 10% of the season. That STILL doesn't match Houston's win total. Give the Rockets a 100% healthy team all season long and a (very modest) 2 extra wins, and they'd have 51 wins, still easily a superior team to Brooklyn.

I think we can't measure either team on that. I mean you're asking what a Nets team playing this style, 2 PG in the starting line up a mismatch stretch 4 and a stretch 5 who can score better than any center in the NBA. You're asking if they'd be better? I think they would.

On the other side it depends what the PG does, and how your players react to being ran off the 3 pt. line, the Rockets are adept at the 3 pt. shot, driving the lane and stretching the floor w/ the high pick n roll. But Howard depending on his touches and what he does when he starts out at the top of the paint. Remember sometimes he posts up too high and it doesn't help him, that and give him contact it does affect his game. Same as the Nets they'd be better. Now if you told me SVG were coaching the Rockets, then w/o a doubt Houston.

Houston isn't just a superior offensive team, but a superior defensive team as well. They crush Brooklyn in every major offensive category and beat them by a decent margin in defensive FG% and defensive efficiency. Having a healthy Lopez would certainly help them close the gap a little offensively, but I don't think he makes a huge difference defensively.

the only real advantage they [Rockets] would have is the transition points. The Brooklyn team is a better defensive team. And a high IQ team. [minus Pierce's cross court decisions]

Big game. Pierce can finish you, big game Deron Williams has the ability to finish you, and Joe Johnson. The wildcard for them is what will Blatche and Thornton and Mirza provide off that bench in the playoffs. That's the difference w/ these 2 benches.

mightybosstone
04-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Statistically he was there. 0.65 PPP against him over all before he got hurt. That ranked #4. And then in his limited time as a post defender .32 PPP. They were shooting 17% against him. Would it have continued? who knows. But he was giant defensive anchor.
Sample size is everything, and that wasn't much of one. I'd like to see those numbers compared to previous seasons. I believe they were a slightly better team defensively on the floor last season with Lopez on the court, but not so much so that I'd consider him anywhere close to the discussion of "defensive anchor." And his poor rebounding is still a hug concern for a player of his size and strength.

Nah, we watched those games. Miami gave a ****. They can't play that card. KG and PP are the only players in the east that can say, they eliminated LeBron James in a series. That's a mental edge there.
I'll buy it when I see it in the playoffs. Recall how the Bulls owned Miami in the regular season three years ago? Remind me how that worked out for Chicago....

I think we can't measure either team on that. I mean you're asking what a Nets team playing this style, 2 PG in the starting line up a mismatch stretch 4 and a stretch 5 who can score better than any center in the NBA. You're asking if they'd be better? I think they would.
But what do you have to base this on? You're talking about a team on paper that has yet to exist for an extended period of time, and you have no sample size whatsoever to back up your point. I, meanwhile, have en entire season of watching Houston hang with the best and posting the sixth best record in the league. Hell, you could make an argument that Houston is better than every single team in the Eastern Conference.

On the other side it depends what the PG does, and how your players react to being ran off the 3 pt. line, the Rockets are adept at the 3 pt. shot, driving the lane and stretching the floor w/ the high pick n roll. But Howard depending on his touches and what he does when he starts out at the top of the paint. Remember sometimes he posts up to high and it doesn't help him, that and give him contact it does affect his game. Same as the Nets they'd be better. Now if you told me SVG were coaching the Rockets, then w/o a doubt Houston.
Lopez is good at standing his ground in the paint and has improved at pick and roll defense, but no way does he stop Howard from getting his shot if Dwight's got his back to the basket within 7-8 feet from the rim. Dwight spins around statues like Lopez with ease. If you don't believe me, watch highlight reels of what Dwight has done to Brook's twin brother this year. Brooklyn would have to double to have any chance at defending them, and that's when guys like Harden, Parsons, Jones, Lin and Beverley are so dangerous. One of those guys will either have an open look on the perimeter, or someone will end up with enough space to drive to a hole in the defense to get to the rim.

the only real advantage they Rockets would have is the transition points. The Brooklyn team is a better defensive team.
The numbers say otherwise. :shrug:

AllDay28
04-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Dang nice throw down by lilliard

KniCks4LiFe
04-01-2014, 11:57 PM
Sample size is everything, and that wasn't much of one. I'd like to see those numbers compared to previous seasons. I believe they were a slightly better team defensively on the floor last season with Lopez on the court, but not so much so that I'd consider him anywhere close to the discussion of "defensive anchor." And his poor rebounding is still a hug concern for a player of his size and strength.

He doesn't have to be a great rebounder, they have length and experience around him. So 5-7, doesn't hurt them w/ Livingston, AK47 and JJ out there.

I'll buy it when I see it in the playoffs. Recall how the Bulls owned Miami in the regular season three years ago? Remind me how that worked out for Chicago....

Good point. But that Bulls team was missing somebody. I mean Bosh/Wade/Bron vs Noah and who?

on the other hand. You have the Nets who now have neutralizers in key spots.

Wade and JJ, Bron and Pierce, Bosh and KG or AK47, Birdman and Plumlee, Livingston and whoever is left in the wing.

But what do you have to base this on? You're talking about a team on paper that has yet to exist for an extended period of time, and you have no sample size whatsoever to back up your point. I, meanwhile, have en entire season of watching Houston hang with the best and posting the sixth best record in the league. Hell, you could make an argument that Houston is better than every single team in the Eastern Conference.

They are. In the season. In a 7 game series, where it turns into a 1/2 court war, They can beat 6 teams in this playoff conference. But Brooklyn, Miami, Toronto. They'd give them a series.

Lopez is good at standing his ground in the paint and has improved at pick and roll defense, but no way does he stop Howard from getting his shot if Dwight's got his back to the basket within 7-8 feet from the rim. Dwight spins around statues like Lopez with ease. If you don't believe me, watch highlight reels of what Dwight has done to Brook's twin brother this year. Brooklyn would have to double to have any chance at defending them

defensively Brook's twin isn't better than him. He's more athletic and can rebound better, but that's pretty much it.

, and that's when guys like Harden, Parsons, Jones, Lin and Beverley are so dangerous. One of those guys will either have an open look on the perimeter, or someone will end up with enough space to drive to a hole in the defense to get to the rim.

Yes they can, but they also can be stopped. I mean Beverley isn't really that much of a threat. Lin and Harden well they hurt each other at times. Parsons is talented but can float at times. They are very much skilled but if you can run them off the line and contain them in poor shot selections [which you know they are capable of falling into] it offsets them.

The numbers say otherwise. :shrug:

but is that the same team you will see in a playoff series? :shrug:

sunsfan88
04-01-2014, 11:57 PM
Steph Curry keeping the Suns playoffs hopes alive.

mightybosstone
04-02-2014, 12:11 AM
He doesn't have to be a great rebounder, they have length and experience around him. So 5-7, doesn't hurt them w/ Livingston, AK47 and JJ out there.
Yeah, I don't remotely buy that argument. Brooklyn is second to last in the entire league in rebounding and second to last in rebounding differential, and that's with Lopez missing most of the season at center. They're an atrocious rebounding team, and that's one area teams that have beaten Houston have really taken advantage of. Houston is a solid rebounding team, but they give up a ton of offensive rebounds. Brooklyn is literally no threat in that department.

Good point. But that Bulls team was missing somebody. I mean Bosh/Wade/Bron vs Noah and who?

on the other hand. You have the Nets who now have neutralizers in key spots.

Wade and JJ, Bron and Pierce, Bosh and KG or AK47, Birdman and Plumlee, Livingston and whoever is left in the wing.
That was when the Bulls still had Rose and he was coming off his MVP season. That was a prime Rose, prime Noah, prime Deng and essentially prime Boozer, and it still wasn't much of a series. This isn't the same Heat team as three years ago talent-wise, but they're a hell of a lot smarter and more battle tasted now. And this Nets team isn't remotely as talented.

They are. In the season. In a 7 game series, where it turns into a 1/2 court war, They can be 6 teams in this playoff conference. But Brooklyn, Miami, Toronto. They'd give them a series.
I'm not saying it wouldn't be a decent series or that Brooklyn has no shot whatsoever. I'm saying Houston is winning that series 70-80% of the time, because they're simply the better basketball team.

defensively Brook's twin isn't better than him. He's more athletic and can rebound better, but that's pretty much it.
I'd give Brook a slight edge today, which hasn't been the case in the past, but I still wouldn't say Brook is leaps and bounds better than Robin on the defensive end. It's fairly close.

Yes they can, but they also can be stopped. I mean Beverley isn't really that much of a threat. Lin and Harden well they hurt each other at times. Parsons is talented but can float at times. They are very much skilled but if you can run them off the line and contain them in poor shot selections [which you know they are capable of falling into] it offsets them.
But it's not about doing it in spurts, it's about preventing it all game long. You're talking about a relentless offensive team that constantly looks to push the tempo, get in the paint and create space on the perimeter. You can't just play tenacious defense for a quarter or two, you've got to do it the whole game or else Houston can put up 35 on you in a quarter and then you're screwed.

Bottom line, I like Houston's chances to be able to adapt and slow down Brooklyn's offense in a half-court set way more than I like Brooklyn's chances to keep up with Houston offensively in an uptempo game. Houston can play Brooklyn's style of basketball, but I don't think Brooklyn can play Houston's.

but is that the same team you will see in a playoff series? :shrug:
I dunno what you're trying to say here. That Houston won't be the same or that Brooklyn won't be the same? I'm not sure, but it's really a moot point. I'm just saying that the numbers suggest the Rockets are a better defensive basketball team this season.

KniCks4LiFe
04-02-2014, 12:14 AM
I dunno what you're trying to say here. That Houston won't be the same or that Brooklyn won't be the same? I'm not sure, but it's really a moot point. I'm just saying that the numbers suggest the Rockets are a better defensive basketball team this season.

We'll leave it there.

RipCity32
04-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Nick Young is beasting

RipCity32
04-02-2014, 12:24 AM
Pau Gasol must be trying to help LA with their tank. He's playing sloppy as crap intentionally.

SouthSideRookie
04-02-2014, 01:10 AM

A 10-21 start would bury any team in the west, fast. Nets wouldn't even be a playoff team. In fact even Indy would be fighting for their playoff lives right about now.

ThuglifeJ
04-02-2014, 01:19 AM
Ellis SUCKS I can't stand him. What an IDIOT. They had 14 seconds left on the shot clock!!!!!!

goku
04-02-2014, 01:33 AM
one thing I will say is we need to get healthy

Tony_Starks
04-02-2014, 02:33 AM
you think my Knicks upset them tomorrow?

I can't see it. The Hawks will more than likely lose to the Bulls tomorrow putting the Knicks in prime position for a key win. Unfortunately that's normally the time when your guys tend to screw up the most....

Duncan = Donkey
04-02-2014, 07:29 AM
Good job warriors

Chronz
04-02-2014, 12:32 PM
Ellis SUCKS I can't stand him. What an IDIOT. They had 14 seconds left on the shot clock!!!!!!

Yea but I can kind of forgive him for that one, that same exact play had worked not long before, and Im not sure if its the play they intended to run again but Dirk triggered it with the touch pass. Dirk should have held the ball instead IMO.

kobe4thewinbang
04-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Ellis SUCKS I can't stand him. What an IDIOT. They had 14 seconds left on the shot clock!!!!!!Yeah, Ellis can either kill you or save you. Definitely should've held the ball, and when you must shoot, Dirk should be the one doing it not Ellis driving against a tough interior defense.

Another tough loss at home for Dallas. They can't afford to keep losing these nail-biters. I know that the Warriors have the 'Splash Bros' and are great at shooting, but Dallas kept giving them too much space instead of crunching down on defense with several small leads.

:shrug: