PDA

View Full Version : The Brooklyn Nets

TheMightyHumph
03-30-2014, 02:29 AM
Can they win the Title this season?

I'm thinking they have a realistic shot at it.

murphturph
03-30-2014, 04:45 AM
Not even gunna win a division title.

murphturph
03-30-2014, 04:54 AM

effen5
03-30-2014, 04:55 AM
Not sure if serious

Ebbs
03-30-2014, 05:07 AM
They have a chance.

It's not a good chance but it's a chance

MonroeFAN
03-30-2014, 05:11 AM
All teams that make the playoffs have a chance. Seems highly unlikely though.

effen5
03-30-2014, 05:12 AM
I hope we play Brooklyn again this year.

waveycrockett
03-30-2014, 09:14 AM
Best team in the East since January 1st. 12 straight wins at home. 3-0 this year vs Miami. Good record vs the west. KG back for the playoffs. DWILL playing better We are def flying under the radar and I would consider us a Dark horse but not unlike 2010 Mavs or 2009 Celtics.

jimm120
03-30-2014, 09:55 AM
I don't think the Nets are anything but a 1st round or if lucky a 2nd round team.

Unlike the expectations with the Knicks, the Nets are considered a playoff team but a bottom team that WILL be out. Knicks at least had teh whole thing in which they might upset someone even though they're a 1st/2nd round team too. Nets aren't that.

I'm no Nets fan, but I am from Brooklyn (Sunset Park/Bay Ridge/Bensonhurst). I wouldn't be too happy that they win a lot this year because of the Knicks but I'd be happy for Brooklyn (the city).

waveycrockett
03-30-2014, 09:58 AM
I don't think the Nets are anything but a 1st round or if lucky a 2nd round team.

Unlike the expectations with the Knicks, the Nets are considered a playoff team but a bottom team that WILL be out. Knicks at least had teh whole thing in which they might upset someone even though they're a 1st/2nd round team too. Nets aren't that.

I'm no Nets fan, but I am from Brooklyn (Sunset Park/Bay Ridge/Bensonhurst). I wouldn't be too happy that they win a lot this year because of the Knicks but I'd be happy for Brooklyn (the city).
Listen what do the Knicks have to do with this? And I'm from Sunset Park/Bay Ridge/Bensonhurst dont get snatched up next time you head over to Salty Dogs.

xxplayerxx23
03-30-2014, 10:10 AM
No chance. Right now they would have to beat Chicago Indy and then Miami. Yeah good luck
With that, I'll give you 40% chance to get out of round one 13% chance out of round two, 5% vs Miami AT best

waveycrockett
03-30-2014, 10:23 AM
No chance. Right now they would have to beat Chicago Indy and then Miami. Yeah good luck
With that, I'll give you 40% chance to get out of round one 13% chance out of round two, 5% vs Miami AT best

I like our chances against Chicago and Miami this year. I do not like our chances against Indy and Washington. The bigger more athletic teams. If you think the Nets are a 1 and done type team you haven't been paying attention the last 3 months.

xxplayerxx23
03-30-2014, 10:32 AM
I like our chances against Chicago and Miami this year. I do not like our chances against Indy and Washington. The bigger more athletic teams. If you think the Nets are a 1 and done type team you haven't been paying attention the last 3 months.

You do realize Chicago would have the home court advantage? Let me tell you this you obviously have no idea or haven't been watching Miami in the playoffs. 5% was me being nice. Chicago would also give you fits, they matchup very well with you. It all depends on who you play, Chicago you will be a one and out, Toronto I like your chances.

leprechaun5
03-30-2014, 11:03 AM
If KG comes back close to 100 % ,they are going to be tough to beat ,especially with indiana playing awful lately

Cal827
03-30-2014, 11:09 AM
You do realize Chicago would have the home court advantage? Let me tell you this you obviously have no idea or haven't been watching Miami in the playoffs. 5% was me being nice. Chicago would also give you fits, they matchup very well with you. It all depends on who you play, Chicago you will be a one and out, Toronto I like your chances.

As a Raptor fan, I grudgingly agree. If Brooklyn draws Chicago, they probably aren't advancing. Their best bet would be the Raptors, mainly because our team has very little playoff experience on the roster. Still think the Raptors would win the series, but I'm not as sure that they would as I would be of the Bulls.

Also, I know Brooklyn has been good since the New Year, but the Raptors are no slouch either.
They've been 26-16 since the New Year with 11 of their losses being within 5 points.

The Nets best route would be in the Bracket that had Toronto, and Indiana. I'm not really confident in Indiana after the past bit.

xxplayerxx23
03-30-2014, 11:13 AM
As a Raptor fan, I grudgingly agree. If Brooklyn draws Chicago, they probably aren't advancing. Their best bet would be the Raptors, mainly because our team has very little playoff experience on the roster. Still think the Raptors would win the series, but I'm not as sure that they would as I would be of the Bulls.

Also, I know Brooklyn has been good since the New Year, but the Raptors are no slouch either.
They've been 26-16 since the New Year with 11 of their losses being within 5 points.

The Nets best route would be in the Bracket that had Toronto, and Indiana. I'm not really confident in Indiana after the past bit.

If you traded for me at the deadline we would take Brooklyn out easy in 6 :D
I think Indy will turn it around, as of right now it would be raps and the heat. I just don't think Brooklyn has enough fire power to best Miami in a 7 game series when Miami actually turns it on.

waveycrockett
03-30-2014, 11:26 AM
I realize Chicago would have the HCA i dont think that guarantees they win the series by a long shot. They dont matchup nearly as well with our new lineup. Our defense has improved by leaps and bounds. Shaun Livingston smothered Augustin last time we played and Boozer was horrible against Paul Pierce. The strength of our team has been the defense a complete 180 from last years matchup when our defense was horrid. KG, Blatche, AK47, Thorton will give us a big advantage off the bench.

We certainly have the experience and depth to give Miami a tough series.

KnickNyKnick
03-30-2014, 11:52 AM
this team is built for the playoffs, they have a chance. i wouldnt be surprised if they make the ECF

ohreally
03-30-2014, 12:35 PM
Chicago with home court is a problem since they've been playing well too. Brooklyn has improved defensively though and their bench is playing well and has more scoring, so Brooklyn really should win, but you never know. Indy took a longer time to settle than I thought they would, but the settling is deeper than I expected too. And with a healthy Garnett there's no reason to think they have no chance against Miami.

Nets should be players in the playoffs.

Max.This
03-30-2014, 12:43 PM
I'm rooting for Brooklyn to win. I dont like them when they face the Knicks but I'm first and foremost a new york fan.

xxplayerxx23
03-30-2014, 12:43 PM
I realize Chicago would have the HCA i dont think that guarantees they win the series by a long shot. They dont matchup nearly as well with our new lineup. Our defense has improved by leaps and bounds. Shaun Livingston smothered Augustin last time we played and Boozer was horrible against Paul Pierce. The strength of our team has been the defense a complete 180 from last years matchup when our defense was horrid. KG, Blatche, AK47, Thorton will give us a big advantage off the bench.

We certainly have the experience and depth to give Miami a tough series.

Last game you went up against Chicago who cares it's one game. Chicago vs Brooklyn would be a good series but you'd probably lose. You couldn't give Miami much trouble prob close games and you'd get a win. Miami would win in 5, 6 max

waveycrockett
03-30-2014, 12:50 PM
Last game you went up against Chicago who cares it's one game. Chicago vs Brooklyn would be a good series but you'd probably lose. You couldn't give Miami much trouble prob close games and you'd get a win. Miami would win in 5, 6 max

Sure it goes against your point so who cares. I dont think we'd lose. We are 10 deep, way better defensively and way better coached then the team that lost in 7 games last year to the Bulls not to mention they are minus both Rose AND Deng now but we'd still probably lose Right? And we couldn't give Miami much trouble but we are 3-0 against them and Heat players who never compliment an opponent have said themselves we give them alot of trouble. Let the Knicks fans tell it.

xxplayerxx23
03-30-2014, 01:32 PM
Sure it goes against your point so who cares. I dont think we'd lose. We are 10 deep, way better defensively and way better coached then the team that lost in 7 games last year to the Bulls not to mention they are minus both Rose AND Deng now but we'd still probably lose Right? And we couldn't give Miami much trouble but we are 3-0 against them and Heat players who never compliment an opponent have said themselves we give them alot of trouble. Let the Knicks fans tell it.

Goes against my point? That Chicago is all around the best defensive group with home court advantage but yeah your 10 deep and better coached, you will be out coached and out classed. Lol tell Miami about the 3 win in the regular season :laugh: yeah good luck, better hope Noah does down a lot. I've hear nets will make noise for a couple years good luck.

TheMightyHumph
03-30-2014, 01:36 PM

That ain't the Title I'm posting about

TheMightyHumph
03-30-2014, 01:36 PM
Not sure if serious

I'm serious

TheMightyHumph
03-30-2014, 01:38 PM
Best team in the East since January 1st. 12 straight wins at home. 3-0 this year vs Miami. Good record vs the west. KG back for the playoffs. DWILL playing better We are def flying under the radar and I would consider us a Dark horse but not unlike 2010 Mavs or 2009 Celtics.

I knew I could light you up

waveycrockett
03-30-2014, 01:38 PM
Goes against my point? That Chicago is all around the best defensive group with home court advantage but yeah your 10 deep and better coached, you will be out coached and out classed. Lol tell Miami about the 3 win in the regular season :laugh: yeah good luck, better hope Noah does down a lot. I've hear nets will make noise for a couple years good luck.

lmao a couple of years? Yeah I'm sure alot of people were saying that when we had Farmar and Johan Petro starting for us 2 years ago. :cheers: Yeah we will be outclassed says the Knicks fan. :D

TheMightyHumph
03-30-2014, 01:40 PM

What was Knicks secret weapon for these upsets? Felton, Shumbert, Felton or the new improved Tyson?

BHF
03-30-2014, 01:45 PM
Can they win the Title this season?

I'm thinking they have a realistic shot at it.

No you are not :)

TheMightyHumph
03-30-2014, 01:48 PM

So your a Vegas oddsmaker?

TheMightyHumph
03-30-2014, 01:52 PM
No you are not :)

Sure I am. Nets have talented, deep, experienced team that plays defense.

No reason they don't have a shot at this Title. Currently playing the best ball in the East.

And they're not healthy at the moment.

TheMightyHumph
03-30-2014, 02:03 PM

I think we match up pretty well with both Bulls and Raptors. Nets are a deep and talented team with shooters and defenders.

TheMightyHumph
03-30-2014, 02:07 PM

I'm sure the oddmakers would favor the Bulls, but that does not mean the Bulls will win.

xxplayerxx23
03-30-2014, 03:21 PM
I'm sure the oddmakers would favor the Bulls, but that does not mean the Bulls will win.

Bulls have hca and the best defensive unit in the league.

labor2millions7
03-30-2014, 03:41 PM
I dont think they make to the playoffs...but they do have a shot...but I think thete out the playoff first round

effen5
03-30-2014, 03:48 PM
Bulls are 28-10 since the new year and has been playing better without luol.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Honestly think they can beat Chicago and Indiana:shrug:

king4day
03-30-2014, 04:14 PM
If healthy (everyone but Lopez obviously), this team has a real chance to come out of the east. I don't think they will because it's hard to see Miami lose but they are capable of frustrating the hell out of teams and attacking from the inside and out.
They won't win the division but had they played this way all season, they would have the best record in the east. Doesn't matter how you start and the Nets are finishing strong.