PDA

View Full Version : Rubio's agent wants 10 mil a yr extension for him

spreadeagle
03-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Goooood luck

There is a sense that Ricky Rubio's agent could "demand" a contract extension of at least $10 million per year with the Minnesota Timberwolves, according to a report.

Rubio is represented by Dan Fegan.

Rubio has not shown to be deserving of an eight-figure salary, averaging 9.0 points and 8.6 assists while shooting 37.4 percent from the field this season.

Rubio is in his third NBA season. -Grantland

Duncan = Donkey
03-29-2014, 08:15 PM
WOW, good luck with that.

Lakers + Giants
03-29-2014, 08:25 PM
Damn, in B4 hawk's rant :p

PurpleLynch
03-29-2014, 08:36 PM
Ahah no way. Rubio's agent is crazy,no one will give that contract to him.

Kushed
03-29-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm the biggest fan of Rubio. I think he's a little underrated in terms of people thinking he can't play because he can't score. Extremely good defender and he can create like no other.

However, I'd dump him in a heartbeat if he really think he's worth that much. ****ing atrocious. Maybe if you could score:

FriedTofuz
03-29-2014, 08:51 PM
Wolves are better off letting him walk. He's crazy if he thinks he's getting 10mil.

AddiX
03-29-2014, 08:54 PM
He's just another guy at this point. He's still young but it's getting harder and harder to continue to talk about his upside. He is what he is.

bucketss
03-29-2014, 09:00 PM
this dude is a scrub, him and yian jianlian tried to dictate who drafts them, but they both ended being scrubs.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2014, 09:01 PM
If Rubio actually demands that money, you let him walk. He is worth roughly half that.

Then again, I have been advocating trading his *** this summer. He isn't even an average starting PG.

ManRam
03-29-2014, 09:04 PM
I don't think I've EVER defended Rubio, but $10 a year isn't absolutely outrageous. I can name a ton of guys that make near or more than that who are worse players. Doesn't mean overspending for him is OK, but it is what it is.

He's above average in every aspect of the game aside from scoring/shooting. I'm not one who buys into the importance of "true PG" or "pass-first" PGs, hence why I defend him (and Rondo) so infrequently, but he has a lot of value and he is young. You just need to supplement the talent around him accordingly.

And if this is what is agent is publicly asking for, odds are he'll end up getting a tad it less. That's gotta be the high mark they expect. $8M a year is far from terrible.. He has a plus impact on the game. He's a top-30 RAPM player. I wouldn't ever want my team to offer that, but it would be very far from the worst contract in the NBA. Very far.

Bruno
03-29-2014, 09:19 PM
rubio could be worth that if he dedicates the entire off-season to his jumper instead of playing competitive basketball. he needs to work on his craft, not compete this summer. if he wants to make a lot of money in this league, he needs to sacrifice two summers developing a better three, and a great jumper. rubio is a frustrating player but the foundation is there, all he needs is that jumper. watch his passing game blow up once he's a threat to score.

king4day
03-29-2014, 09:20 PM
Someone will give it to him. Maybe this is his way to get traded out of Minny.
Not worth it but few are worth what they make these days.

ChiSox219
03-29-2014, 09:25 PM
Rubio's worth it see the article on 538

Tony_Starks
03-29-2014, 09:26 PM
They're aiming high but Wolves will probably settle at something like $8milli 3yrs.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2014, 09:27 PM
Rubio's worth it see the article on 538

I have always respected your opinion outside literally 2 things:

You totally underrate Love

You totally overrate Rubio

Hawkeye15
03-29-2014, 09:29 PM
rubio could be worth that if he dedicates the entire off-season to his jumper instead of playing competitive basketball. he needs to work on his craft, not compete this summer. if he wants to make a lot of money in this league, he needs to sacrifice two summers developing a better three, and a great jumper. rubio is a frustrating player but the foundation is there, all he needs is that jumper. watch his passing game blow up once he's a threat to score.

Its more than that offensively. He is literally so ****ing passive, it kills me. The ONLY time he gets aggressive and scores, is when the team is depleted to death, or the team is out of the playoffs (see his last 10 games....).

He is overrated defensively to some degree, and quite honestly, is at best average at his position for a starter.

BALLER R
03-29-2014, 09:33 PM
If Rubio gets 10 mill Lowry getting a max contract.

Duncan = Donkey
03-29-2014, 09:39 PM
If Rubio gets 10 mill Lowry getting a max contract.

If Rubio gets 10, I dont even want to think about what Bledsoe is going to get, and then Dragic next off season.

Supreme LA
03-29-2014, 10:04 PM
Rubio can go back to Spain because he isn't getting that in the NBA.

ChiSox219
03-29-2014, 10:21 PM
I have always respected your opinion outside literally 2 things:

You totally underrate Love

You totally overrate Rubio

I didnt write the article but it does makes sense to me. :shrug:

WARRIORS@GR
03-29-2014, 10:51 PM
10 million? :laugh:

Hawkeye15
03-29-2014, 10:54 PM
I didnt write the article but it does makes sense to me. :shrug:

Rubio's value is that of an average player.

And I posted that because of your historical opinions man. That's all.

east fb knicks
03-29-2014, 11:19 PM
he deserves it it's not his fault the wolves suck just look at what lin got Rubio will get 10 mill easy especially playing in minny they will be desperate after love leaves

Hawkeye15
03-29-2014, 11:56 PM
he deserves it it's not his fault the wolves suck just look at what lin got Rubio will get 10 mill easy especially playing in minny they will be desperate after love leaves

totally. They should overpay a butt reeming average player just because their star left. Btw, Love's deal was shortened because David ****ing Kahn had such a boner for Rubio, he was saving the 5 year max for him, instead of paying our exponentially best player...

The wrath of Kahn

Chi StateOfMind
03-30-2014, 12:31 AM
His agent must smoke that good **** cuz he is high as **** if he thinks Rubio is gettin that. Nice try tho

east fb knicks
03-30-2014, 12:37 AM
totally. They should overpay a butt reeming average player just because their star left. Btw, Love's deal was shortened because David ****ing Kahn had such a boner for Rubio, he was saving the 5 year max for him, instead of paying our exponentially best player...

The wrath of Kahn

:laugh:

torocan
03-30-2014, 01:38 AM
Meh, not too shocked.

Rubio's value isn't $10M on other teams, but he *might* be able to get that in Minnesota.

1) FA's aren't exactly lining up to go to Minnesota
2) If Rubio leaves, what happens to the chances of Love re-signing OR other FA's being willing to consider Minnesota

I could see Rubio's agent doing the math....

"Sure, you're overpaying Rubio a couple million. And maybe it's a bit more than fair. However, do YOU want to be the one to tell Kevin Love that the 2nd best player on the team is leaving over a couple million. Maybe we should call in Kevin and ask if HE still wants Rubio on the team or wants to take a flyer on another PG..."

Leverage is a funny thing. It works better on one side of the street than the other...

BALLER R
03-30-2014, 01:57 AM
If Rubio gets 10, I dont even want to think about what Bledsoe is going to get, and then Dragic next off season.

Good God. This guy trying to mess with every teams money. "Rubio got 10 mill and your trying to give me 8" I could hear the conversations now.

asandhu23
03-30-2014, 02:16 AM
Who's Rubio's agent? Sounds like a European agent trying to cash in on his "barnfind".

sunsfan88
03-30-2014, 02:22 AM
He's stil super young so maybe he can have a Tony Parker type relevation and learn to shoot.

BALLER R
03-30-2014, 02:55 AM
He's stil super young so maybe he can have a Tony Parker type relevation and learn to shoot.

He probably can but it won't be in Minny.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2014, 04:08 AM

cept Parker led the league in points in the paint for 2 years while he was learning a jump shot. Rubio can't even make a layup.

bleedprple&gold
03-30-2014, 04:08 AM
What he wants and what he's actually going to get are two very different things. Reality will set in soon enough.

mdm692
03-30-2014, 04:41 AM
Lakers will pay him the max hoping he brings Love with him :laugh:.

MonroeFAN
03-30-2014, 04:56 AM
I'm sure if Joe D is still around he will give it up.

YoungOne
03-30-2014, 05:51 AM
cept Parker led the league in points in the paint for 2 years while he was learning a jump shot. Rubio can't even make a layup.

yeah finishing around the rim is his biggest problem, not the jump shot.

TheNumber37
03-30-2014, 07:41 AM
Sign and Trade him for an upgrade.

I'd give Rubio 4 years 30 mil at most. He as to prove he's getting better

JasonJohnHorn
03-30-2014, 12:02 PM
I'd be uncomfortable investing in that poor of a shooter for any more than the MLE to be honest.

blahblahyoutoo
03-30-2014, 01:39 PM
So he's like a rondo with worse defense

TrueFan420
03-30-2014, 03:10 PM
Hearing this only reminds me how happy I am that A) we got curry B) we have him on 11 a year

Hellcrooner
03-30-2014, 03:23 PM
So.

Player X agent.

Wants that his player gets As much posible as he can get and thus getting a bigger chuck on cash from his %-

Call the FBI!!

what an atrocity........

:rolleyes:

Any comment on Rubios value or not is superfluous.
Agent is doing his job.
Btw we are a YEAR and A HALF away or TWO YEARS AND A HALF away ( if he takes the QO) from RUbio being a f.a

he may be worht 0 dollars at that itme, or may be worht of a MAx.
We do not know.

ManRam
03-30-2014, 03:29 PM
So he's like a rondo with worse defense

I trust Hawk's opinion more than mine on the matter since he watches the Wolves WAY more than I do, and from his tone I think he'd disagree with me, but I don't think his defense is worse than Rondo's at all. I think it's better, actually. They both gamble and are good at it, but I think Rubio's is one of the absolute best one-on-one perimeter defenders in the game :shrug: He does a great job keeping his guy contained and in front of him.

Rondo is a very good defender, but he's long been overhyped on that side of the ball.

Just my opinion. But I've always kinda looked at him like a Rondo-type player too. The comp isn't lazy IMO. They're very similar players.

I don't quite get why I'm saying this, because again, I don't like PGs who can't score, but if Oladipo had a better shot I'd love the Magic to spend 8 a year and bring in Rubio. The defensive potential would be insane, and Dipo's handling issues would be covered up. But Dipo can't stretch the court enough so I'm a HARD pass on him (in hypothetical world, obviously)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-30-2014, 03:35 PM
sad thing is that he's gonna get it

Sadds The Gr8
03-30-2014, 03:44 PM
sad thing is that he's gonna get it
This. Nba contracts are hilarious

Hellcrooner
03-30-2014, 04:02 PM
I trust Hawk's opinion more than mine on the matter since he watches the Wolves WAY more than I do, and from his tone I think he'd disagree with me, but I don't think his defense is worse than Rondo's at all. I think it's better, actually. They both gamble and are good at it, but I think Rubio's is one of the absolute best one-on-one perimeter defenders in the game :shrug: He does a great job keeping his guy contained and in front of him.

Rondo is a very good defender, but he's long been overhyped on that side of the ball.

Just my opinion. But I've always kinda looked at him like a Rondo-type player too. The comp isn't lazy IMO. They're very similar players.

I don't quite get why I'm saying this, because again, I don't like PGs who can't score, but if Oladipo had a better shot I'd love the Magic to spend 8 a year and bring in Rubio. The defensive potential would be insane, and Dipo's handling issues would be covered up. But Dipo can't stretch the court enough so I'm a HARD pass on him (in hypothetical world, obviously)

You can trust HK15 in almost every opion

except for

1 Lakers
2 Love
3Rubio.

Because in his opinión Rubio is guilty of driving away love out of minnie, not the cold weather, the lack of winning, the bad FO decisions, the small market...........no
its rubios fault Love is leaving in his eyes.

It will be funny because once Love is gone he will stay there in the only three things you cant trust his opinon, but this time from the opossite side, hate instead of love :laugh:

But, taking that issues away, pretty knowleadgeable and accurate opinions.

Save your time.
Im not 100% balanced on my opinión bout spaniards.

But i dont pretend that i am.
:p

ChiSox219
03-30-2014, 04:05 PM

Rubio + Oladipo would be so nice I hope it happens.

except for

1 Lakers
2 Love
3Rubio.

Because in his opinión Rubio is guilty of driving away love out of minnie, not the cold weather, the lack of winning, the bad FO decisions, the small market...........no

It will be funny because once Love is gone he will stay there in the only three things you cant trust his opinon, but this time from the opossite side, hate instead of love :laugh:

Save your time.

:laugh2:

Bruno
03-30-2014, 04:08 PM
So.

Player X agent.

Wants that his player gets As much posible as he can get and thus getting a bigger chuck on cash from his %-

Call the FBI!!

what an atrocity........

:rolleyes:

Any comment on Rubios value or not is superfluous.
Agent is doing his job.
Btw we are a YEAR and A HALF away or TWO YEARS AND A HALF away ( if he takes the QO) from RUbio being a f.a

he may be worht 0 dollars at that itme, or may be worht of a MAx.
We do not know.

i agree. do you agree that all frustration for bad signings should be directed to the front office? not the player or agent.

mrblisterdundee
03-30-2014, 04:14 PM

It's ironic that a New York fan posts this, considering both New York teams are perennially desperate and the most likely to overpay someone like Rubio. Maybe that changes with Phil Jackson.
Of course, if I want an overrated point guard with Ricky Rubio's scoring abilities, I'll put my money on Rajon Rondo.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2014, 07:43 PM
yeah finishing around the rim is his biggest problem, not the jump shot.

oh no, its his jump shot too. Actually, its every single portion of scoring.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2014, 07:46 PM

Look, Rubio doesn't keep guards in front of him. But, some of that is not his fault. Scouting report to beat the Wolves defense- they have zero shot blockers. Go to the rim.

So, Rubio is basically fighting an uphill battle defensively, which is why we gamble so much. No team can keep NBA caliber PG's out of the paint if they are given enough time, and with nothing behind Rubio to challenge a shot at the rim, its just a matter of time before he gets blown by. I love his defensive aggressiveness, but his chest into his man defense just doesn't work a lot of the time. He is better off sagging a bit, and using his length. But that is just not his mentality.

D-Leethal
03-30-2014, 07:47 PM
I still think Rubio would thrive and be a very good PG in the right system, with a spread attack and a monster PnR roll mate. Having a pop guy like Love and a post guy like Pek as his two big man weapons isn't anywhere close to ideal for his skill set. He has limited offensive game, so he gets exposed without the right guys around him, but I think you can hide that on the right team and exploit his plusses enough to have some top-10 PG type seasons.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2014, 07:49 PM

except for

1 Lakers
2 Love
3Rubio.

Save your time.

It's directly Kahn's fault, however, Kahn was saving that 5 year max for Rubio. That has just created resentment to some degree, at no fault of Rubio's. Rubio isn't the reason Love is leaving, he is just the reason he is leaving 2 years before he should :)

Hawkeye15
03-30-2014, 07:50 PM
I still think Rubio would thrive and be a very good PG in the right system, with a spread attack and a monster PnR roll mate. Having a pop guy like Love and a post guy like Pek as his two big man weapons isn't anywhere close to ideal for his skill set. He has limited offensive game, so he gets exposed without the right guys around him, but I think you can hide that on the right team and exploit his plusses enough to have some top-10 PG type seasons.

I keep hearing that. Exactly what system does Rubio need to play in? Until he learns how to be a threat, unless you surround him with Rondo's scorers from 08-11', how on earth is he a top 10 PG?

D-Leethal
03-30-2014, 07:50 PM
Look, Rubio doesn't keep guards in front of him. But, some of that is not his fault. Scouting report to beat the Wolves defense- they have zero shot blockers. Go to the rim.

So, Rubio is basically fighting an uphill battle defensively, which is why we gamble so much. No team can keep NBA caliber PG's out of the paint if they are given enough time, and with nothing behind Rubio to challenge a shot at the rim, its just a matter of time before he gets blown by. I love his defensive aggressiveness, but his chest into his man defense just doesn't work a lot of the time. He is better off sagging a bit, and using his length. But that is just not his mentality.

To be fair, with the speedsters in today's NBA along with the current state of rules/officiating tendencies, along with the pick and roll attack that is the staple of 95% of NBA offenses, its pretty much impossible to stay in front of an opposing PG 1 on 1 without a ton of hedging, shading, trapping and overall assistance from the help D. Outside of a guy like Beverly, there really isn't anyone who completely shines in lockdown PG defense because PGs are rarely isolated and almost always maneuvering screens.

D-Leethal
03-30-2014, 07:51 PM
I keep hearing that. Exactly what system does Rubio need to play in? Until he learns how to be a threat, unless you surround him with Rondo's scorers from 08-11', how on earth is he a top 10 PG?

A high speed pick and roll spread attack, with a stud athletic roll man who can run the floor and shooters/athletes galore.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2014, 07:51 PM
To be fair, with the speedsters in today's NBA along with the current state of rules/officiating tendencies, along with the pick and roll attack that is the staple of 95% of NBA offenses, its pretty much impossible to stay in front of an opposing PG 1 on 1 without a ton of hedging, shading, trapping and overall assistance from the help D. Outside of a guy like Beverly, there really isn't anyone who completely shines in lockdown PG defense because PGs are rarely isolated and almost always maneuvering screens.

I thought the post you quoted agreed with this...

Hawkeye15
03-30-2014, 07:52 PM
A high speed pick and roll spread attack, with a stud athletic roll man who can run the floor and shooters/athletes galore.

haha, so essentially a dream team for any PG ever. Gotcha

NBA_Starter
03-30-2014, 09:53 PM
It's not his fault, I have seen worse.

ManRam
03-30-2014, 10:07 PM

He grades out pretty well in most metrics defensively.

Hell, I just took a quick look at synergy. Overall he doesn't grade out to well (so I guess I just lied in my opener....though, his teammates probably don't help some of those numbers), but in isolation they have him ranked 26th at 0.6 PPP. That's not too shabby.

I don't know. Defense is hard to quantify at times and it's hard to gauge correctly just with the eye test. I try never to sound too convincing or absolute with my thoughts on individual defense especially for players I don't see all the time...but I'd take his D over Rondo's. :shrug: I could very well be off base, but yeah.

3RDASYSTEM
03-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Well if DUDLEY/KONCAK/MCKIE/SNOW and others can get a unreal contract then then seems like its fair since the dollar is crazier spent these days but he isn't worth more than around 5mill on pure game but if he sells tickets then that may boost it up another 3-10mil depending on how big ticket he is, not KG for damn sure

just another over hyped avg overseas player who had to be hyped because the product was weak that draft yr

I laugh how over pass type players get pubbed up for making mates better but I have yet to see that with my own eyes, STOCK/MAGIC had players/coach at top level for yrs and NASH brokeout in PHX after being backup there prior and now RUBIO hasn't made any mates better, even RONDO had big 3 to lean on and operate with so I think its safe to say unless you have MAGIC type talent then its not cool to over pass and make mates better in a phantom type of way, doing both is the way to go but that's very rare to find in nba history

Chill_Will_24
03-30-2014, 11:35 PM

Jason Kidd has turned Shaun Livingston into one of his most important weapons and Livingston has no jumpshot.

It's not impossible

Hawkeye15
03-31-2014, 03:02 AM
He grades out pretty well in most metrics defensively.

Hell, I just took a quick look at synergy. Overall he doesn't grade out to well (so I guess I just lied in my opener....though, his teammates probably don't help some of those numbers), but in isolation they have him ranked 26th at 0.6 PPP. That's not too shabby.

I don't know. Defense is hard to quantify at times and it's hard to gauge correctly just with the eye test. I try never to sound too convincing or absolute with my thoughts on individual defense especially for players I don't see all the time...but I'd take his D over Rondo's. :shrug: I could very well be off base, but yeah.

I would take his defense over Rondo's too. Rondo was arguably the most overrated defender/player from 08-12'.

So what?

Hawkeye15
03-31-2014, 03:03 AM
Jason Kidd has turned Shaun Livingston into one of his most important weapons and Livingston has no jumpshot.

It's not impossible

He is Larry Bird compared to Rubio.

HouRealCoach
03-31-2014, 05:07 AM
First I think "**** no! He doesn't deserve that" but then again I realize that Hibbert has a max contract...

flclfanman
03-31-2014, 08:25 AM
First I think "**** no! He doesn't deserve that" but then again I realize that Hibbert has a max contract...

No, you just realize the Pacers were nuts to give him that.

Then again, Rubio does play for Minnesota, a team whose former GM was notoriously bad at trades and draft.

It takes a special kind of ineptitude to draft consecutive lottery point guards and still take the worse two available (missed on Steph Curry and Ty Lawson)

Nick O
03-31-2014, 08:36 AM
worst shooter in the history of the game (fg%) ... and he really thinks that hes worth that? what a joke. hes a slightly better Sebastien Telfair with an accent.

3RDASYSTEM
03-31-2014, 09:37 AM

It's not impossible

LIVINGSTON is just playing more, he had ability/game before he shredded his leg in half so now he is playing his minutes and contributing on a repaired shredded leg, and he had no jumpshot pre injury or post injury, go figure

you are who you are until mediahype goes overdrive, next

3RDASYSTEM
03-31-2014, 09:45 AM

that's the thing with avg-decent players, they need to be in something where as the best just go out there and perform and impact the game on sheer presence alone no matter the setup because they are the setup, killer game that is, he is a rare player who got super hyped then drafted high as hell then stashed overseas like he was a antique then comes over as a regressing player then gets injured and now commanding RONDO type money because he has more commercials and endorsement deals I imagine, go team Rubio

I hope hawkeye15 post his PER/WS from overseas and today and he will see im sure he is who we all thought he was, a avg to decent pg to now a avg pg with the injury bug already to knock him off bad

thing is once a older player gets injured he has played and showcased his dominance, sad thing for RUBIO is now he is damaged goods and he is not on the level of a RUSS WESTBROOK or G HILL who were/are damaged goods when they got injured, but Rubio will still get paid from someone regardless and its usually the team who drafted you for that first big deal...see WALL for example

nycericanguy
03-31-2014, 12:18 PM
I'd pay him $10m to come to NY in 2015...

He's young and has potential... I'd rather pay Rubio $10m than pay Rondo 14-16m TBH.

futureman
03-31-2014, 12:42 PM
He is a total bust. Not worth the money he's earning right now.

ManRam
03-31-2014, 01:01 PM
I would take his defense over Rondo's too. Rondo was arguably the most overrated defender/player from 08-12'.

So what?

Overrated, for sure but still pretty solid.

So what? IDK...I guess my original point that he's an above average player at every aspect of the game outside of scoring/shooting, including defensively. That's going to mean he has value in the right circumstance. The Wolves being a weak three point shooting team with a limited number of perimeter scoring options perhaps renders him a poor fit.

I'm over defending him :laugh2: This is a first from me and hopefully a last. I don't get why people are so fascinated by having PGs who can't score, but it can work.

But if the initial point of this thread is questioning whether or not his agent asking for $10M a year is an outrageous thing, the answer is that it isn't. If Humph, Thornton, BG/Charlie V/Stuckey, Jack, Lin, George Hill, Nash, Tayshaun, Mayo, Caron, Gooden, Salmons, Marvin, Blatche, Ariza etc. all got 6.5-12M a year, then a 23 year-old Rubio can certainly squeeze in there around the 8-10 range. He'll get paid...fair or not. His agent did nothing wrong or stupid. Ask for more than he's worth, and see if you can get close to it. He will.

P&GRealist
03-31-2014, 01:34 PM
I'd pay him $10m to come to NY in 2015...

He's young and has potential... I'd rather pay Rubio $10m than pay Rondo 14-16m TBH.

And this is why the Knicks are where they Are.

nycericanguy
03-31-2014, 01:47 PM
And this is why the Knicks are where they Are.

yea i don't even know what that means.

if you can get Rubio into MSG for his prime years at $10m you do it, he's a MASSIVE upgrade over anything NY has at PG right now.

smith&wesson
03-31-2014, 01:48 PM
if the twolves are smart they will let rubio walk and offer that 10 mill per year contract to a free agent named kyle lowry who would be a great great pg for love to play along side.

rubio isnt worth the midlevel in my humble opinion.

SportsFanatic10
03-31-2014, 03:52 PM
if the twolves are smart they will let rubio walk and offer that 10 mill per year contract to a free agent named kyle lowry who would be a great great pg for love to play along side.

rubio isnt worth the midlevel in my humble opinion.

that would be extremely smart if they pulled that off. lowry is actually worth it. i'd feel bad for toronto though. i'm rooting for them to be able to keep lowry at around that price. they lose all their players it seems, i like what they have going with him and derozan right now.

Hawkeye15
03-31-2014, 04:05 PM
Overrated, for sure but still pretty solid.

So what? IDK...I guess my original point that he's an above average player at every aspect of the game outside of scoring/shooting, including defensively. That's going to mean he has value in the right circumstance. The Wolves being a weak three point shooting team with a limited number of perimeter scoring options perhaps renders him a poor fit.

I'm over defending him :laugh2: This is a first from me and hopefully a last. I don't get why people are so fascinated by having PGs who can't score, but it can work.

But if the initial point of this thread is questioning whether or not his agent asking for $10M a year is an outrageous thing, the answer is that it isn't. If Humph, Thornton, BG/Charlie V/Stuckey, Jack, Lin, George Hill, Nash, Tayshaun, Mayo, Caron, Gooden, Salmons, Marvin, Blatche, Ariza etc. all got 6.5-12M a year, then a 23 year-old Rubio can certainly squeeze in there around the 8-10 range. He'll get paid...fair or not. His agent did nothing wrong or stupid. Ask for more than he's worth, and see if you can get close to it. He will.

Just because there are a **** ton of bad deals given out doesn't mean I want my team to join the list haha.

smith&wesson
03-31-2014, 05:43 PM
that would be extremely smart if they pulled that off. lowry is actually worth it. i'd feel bad for toronto though. i'm rooting for them to be able to keep lowry at around that price. they lose all their players it seems, i like what they have going with him and derozan right now.

Im from toronto and am a huge raptor fan. Would absolutley love if we can retain lowry as he has emerged as the leader of the team.

Im just saying if im the twolves gm and looking sign a pg to a lucrative deal I would be targeting lowry and probably couldnt wait to part with rubio. let some other fool throw 10 mill at rubio because chances are love will leave if he doesnt get some real help soon.

NYKNYGNYY
03-31-2014, 06:11 PM
I'd rather have Pablo at the mle