PDA

View Full Version : Do the 76ers become "The Biggest Loser" tonight?

mrblisterdundee
03-29-2014, 11:37 AM
Will the 76ers lose their 27th straight game today?
The Pistons aren't exactly awesome, and Philadelphia has the superior back court. But I think they'll still take the record for most consecutive losses. And they're not even here's looking at you Milwaukee (14-58).
It would be pretty awesome to see the team come together, fight hard and lose by an lucky half-court bomb from Josh Smith at the last second.

torocan
03-29-2014, 12:09 PM
Not sure the 76ers have a choice if they want to 'keep up' with the Bucks.

I wouldn't be shocked if Hinkie is looking at this and saying, "26 consecutive losses and we STILL don't have last place? WTH do I have to do to get last place?!?"

MCW with plantar fasciitus coming? Tony Wroten DNP-too good?

Think Hinkie, Think!

DreamShaker
03-29-2014, 12:32 PM
Not sure the 76ers have a choice if they want to 'keep up' with the Bucks.

I wouldn't be shocked if Hinkie is looking at this and saying, "26 consecutive losses and we STILL don't have last place? WTH do I have to do to get last place?!?"

MCW with plantar fasciitus coming? Tony Wroten DNP-too good?

Think Hinkie, Think!

Lol. Some of them "flu-like symptoms?" They have truly revolutionized tanking.

king4day
03-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Considering how blatantly obvious this tank job is, I don't care if they break the record and beyond. They trade their remaining stars for nothing. Only thing worse be if they end up with the 4th pick

SeoulBeatz
03-29-2014, 01:08 PM
Considering how blatantly obvious this tank job is, I don't care if they break the record and beyond. They trade their remaining stars for nothing. Only thing worse be if they end up with the 4th pick

What stars are we talking about here?

Jrue Holiday? Because they got Nerlens Noel and a potential top 12 pick in this years draft for him. That was a fantastic trade.

Or Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner? Both were set to be free agents at the end of the season and both were severely underperforming before the trade deadline.

If the Sixers could have gotten more for them, they would have, but fact is they had absolutely no value on the market. There was 0 interest in both because if a team wanted them they could just sign them in the offseason.

Would you honestly give up something substantial for half a season of Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner???

They had to get SOMETHING for them so they traded them away instead of just letting them walk for absolutely nothing later on.

What was the better alternative?

RipCity32
03-29-2014, 01:17 PM
Im conflicted tonight, I really want the Pistons to tank they're ***** off the rest of the way but I dont want us to be the team that loses to the Sixers. That would be pretty embarrassing. I doubt we lose though because Drummond usually goes off against them.

P&GRealist
03-29-2014, 01:36 PM
I hope the POS end up with the 4th pick at best.

P&GRealist
03-29-2014, 01:37 PM

Jrue Holiday? Because they got Nerlens Noel and a potential top 12 pick in this years draft for him. That was a fantastic trade.

Or Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner? Both were set to be free agents at the end of the season and both were severely underperforming before the trade deadline.

If the Sixers could have gotten more for them, they would have, but fact is they had absolutely no value on the market. There was 0 interest in both because if a team wanted them they could just sign them in the offseason.

Would you honestly give up something substantial for half a season of Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner???

They had to get SOMETHING for them so they traded them away instead of just letting them walk for absolutely nothing later on.

Lol what utter BS

Westbrook36
03-29-2014, 01:49 PM
Lol what utter BS

Elaborate, please? Cause that post looks quite accurate to me

SMH!
03-29-2014, 01:52 PM
Lol what utter BS

Go read some of the articles pre trade deadline, sixers wanted a first and had no buyers so they sold for less. What "utter BS" are you talking about?

torocan
03-29-2014, 01:54 PM

Why the hate on the 76ers? Hate the game, not the players.

Hinkie didn't create the system. He didn't create the lottery. He didn't force players to prefer large markets over small ones. And he certainly didn't stick the 76ers in the Eastern Conference.

The 76ers have a plan... a plan that gives them the best chance of rebuilding a successful team. And Hinkie is executing it about as well as you could hope. 26 losses in a row is proof positive of that. How many fan bases would LOVE their own teams to have a REAL plan to get out of the treadmill? It's not a coincidence that many 76ers fans are on board with this.

If you want to hate *anyone*, hate David Stern and Adam Silver for not creating a system that puts many teams in the position between having to choose between going for the tank or being stuck on a treadmill of mediocrity.

So really, why the hate on the 76ers?

SeoulBeatz
03-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Lol what utter BS

I'd also like to know how my post was in any way B.S? Do the research yourself. As a matter of fact, I'll help you out....

http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/2/4/5374402/sixers-trade-rumors-evan-turner-bobcats-hawes-thaddeus-young

"Sixers need to lower trade prices for Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner"
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/philadelphia-76ers-lower-trade-prices-spencer-hawes-evan-191400851--nba.html

And yes, please elaborate......what about my post was B.S again?

SeoulBeatz
03-29-2014, 02:31 PM

You have a right to hate. But please don't criticize my posts without doing the research.

It might shock you to find out that I was adamantly against tanking 4-5 years ago. (I think my fellow Sixer fans can attest to that)

Hell I was ALL FOR signing Allen Iverson in 2009 with the delusional hope that he'd somehow bring our team back to the playoffs (lol), when all he did was take minutes away from Jrue and the team never even sniffed the postseason, in fact, this was the season that led to us picking Evan Turner.

Then the Bynum trade happened (where we gave up a Iguodala, Mo Harkless, and Nikola Vucevic for NOTHING)

This team was royally ****ed by that trade and they had no other choice but to tank.

As I mention in every other Sixer bashing thread....if anyone can serve up a better plan to rebuild after the Bynum trade, I'd love to hear it.

KingPosey
03-29-2014, 02:34 PM
I'd also like to know how my post was in any way B.S? Do the research yourself. As a matter of fact, I'll help you out....

http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/2/4/5374402/sixers-trade-rumors-evan-turner-bobcats-hawes-thaddeus-young

"Sixers need to lower trade prices for Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner"
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/philadelphia-76ers-lower-trade-prices-spencer-hawes-evan-191400851--nba.html

And yes, please elaborate......what about my post was B.S again?

Well the part about Hawes underperforming, in fact they were both having career years, Hawes by far.

Even the article you are quoting speaks directly to it contradicting your own statement.

But other than that you are right.

SeoulBeatz
03-29-2014, 02:38 PM
Well the part about Hawes underperforming, in fact they were both having career years, Hawes by far.

Even the article you are quoting speaks directly to it contradicting your own statement.

"The 76ers might be able to get some value in return for both, but the asking price will have to come down. Last year, the Orlando Magic traded shooting guard J.J. Redick -- in a contract year -- to the Milwaukee Bucks in a six-player deal that brought the team a young reserve by the name of Tobias Harris. Since the move, Harris averaged 17.3 points per game and 8.5 rebounds per game for the team last year and is performing well this year.

Value doesn't have to come in the form of a high draft pick. With the proper scouting and development, a young bench player can be just as useful in the rebuilding of a team.

With the stinkers that the team, Hawes and Turner have turned in recently, a bad taste is left in people's minds that surely will bring down the cost.

It seems like neither Hawes nor Turner are in the team's long-term plans, however, so getting any value back wouldn't be better than holding out for a first-round pick than nothing at all."

WITZ
03-29-2014, 02:38 PM

Would be hilarious, epic tanking for the 4th pick :laugh2:

SeoulBeatz
03-29-2014, 02:51 PM

Ah it was a misunderstanding then. My exact quote is "they were severely underperforming before the trade deadline."

This doesn't mean the season as a whole. They both got off to great starts to the season, but as the article mentioned, in the games prior to the deadline, they stunk it up, HARD. Just look at the game logs prior to their trades. They were playing nowhere near the level they were at the beginning of the season and this REALLY hurt their trade value.

edit:

We should have traded Evan at the beginning of the season when he was averaging 21, 7 and 4.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4239/evan-turner

Look at that first month! That was the Evan Turner I wanted to see and keep on this team!

But then look at February.....

Same goes for Hawes

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3211/spencer-hawes

Now look at that first month! Crazy efficiency from the field and 3.

And then look at Feb.....

Tony_Starks
03-29-2014, 04:14 PM
All I know is I see a whole lot of knee tendinitis, dnp personal reasons, mild ankle sprains.... and the ultimate DNP-CDs in the near Philly future.

The funniest part is Milwaukee is actually trying to win and will still probably end up with a worse record.

PAOboston
03-29-2014, 04:21 PM
How do you think they'll feel when they get the 4th overall pick in the draft?

JohnStockton
03-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Well... Jennings and Josh Smith shoot as poorly or worse that Philly's shooters, but Drummond, Monroe and Smith all rebound well.... so....

I'll take the Pistons on this, just because I'm sure every team Philly goes against right now hows the Philly game circled on the calender. They do NOT want to be the team that loses to Philly.

SMH!
03-29-2014, 04:59 PM
How do you think they'll feel when they get the 4th overall pick in the draft?

they'll be happy with two lottery picks and cap space.

RipCity32
03-29-2014, 05:15 PM
Who even plays for Philly in the frontcourt? Drummond will have a 20 20 game tonight for sure.

king4day
03-29-2014, 06:48 PM

No issue with the Holiday trade. I'm talking about the moves they made during the season. They received some second rounders, a couple role players, and cut Granger.

Based on the number of 2nd rounders that have panned out over the years, it's likely that they traded their two veteran players who contributed the most for nothing.

They could have just kept them and had a respectable finish to the season. They traded them in order to fail. It's not hazy whether this was their plan or not. And that's fine. But it's at the expense of history no team wants to be part of.

Yes, neither were stars but they were stars for the 76ers.

SeoulBeatz
03-29-2014, 08:06 PM
No issue with the Holiday trade. I'm talking about the moves they made during the season. They received some second rounders, a couple role players, and cut Granger.

Based on the number of 2nd rounders that have panned out over the years, it's likely that they traded their two veteran players who contributed the most for nothing.

They could have just kept them and had a respectable finish to the season. They traded them in order to fail. It's not hazy whether this was their plan or not. And that's fine. But it's at the expense of history no team wants to be part of.

Yes, neither were stars but they were stars for the 76ers.

Good post. No doubt we couldve held on to them and maybe won 4-6 more games instead of none and just let spence and et walk in the offseason. But the losing streak began while they were still on the roster. The whole team was phoning it as soon as february hit. It was clear that spence and ev didnt want to be here and their effort in their last games as sixers exemplified that.

I dont deny the sixers are tanking, our most popular thread this season as been "all things tankadelphia" lol. It is a damn shame that were gonna be a part of history for all the wrong reasons, but we really had no other choice. Signing a few mediocre free agents for pride alone wouldnt be smart. The franchise is being patient and wont use its cap space until we have a substantial crop of young players in place. Thats why this years draft is so key, 7 picks regardless of whether we get the 1st or not is the perfect way to build for the future.

bucketss
03-29-2014, 08:40 PM
Who even plays for Philly in the frontcourt? Drummond will have a 20 20 game tonight for sure.

for your sake, i hope things get better LOL

SeoulBeatz
03-29-2014, 08:43 PM
We're winning?......

king4day
03-29-2014, 08:59 PM
Good post. No doubt we couldve held on to them and maybe won 4-6 more games instead of none and just let spence and et walk in the offseason. But the losing streak began while they were still on the roster. The whole team was phoning it as soon as february hit. It was clear that spence and ev didnt want to be here and their effort in their last games as sixers exemplified that.

I dont deny the sixers are tanking, our most popular thread this season as been "all things tankadelphia" lol. It is a damn shame that were gonna be a part of history for all the wrong reasons, but we really had no other choice. Signing a few mediocre free agents for pride alone wouldnt be smart. The franchise is being patient and wont use its cap space until we have a substantial crop of young players in place. Thats why this years draft is so key, 7 picks regardless of whether we get the 1st or not is the perfect way to build for the future.

On the flip side, most teams and fans will be jealous if/when you wind up with a game changer in this draft. Even if you end up with #4, you still have a great chance to make out like bandits. Along with the Pelicans pick. Then next year you have an nice young core to watch and that's where the new beginning starts.

yaswaggin
03-29-2014, 09:23 PM
up by 32

damn it!!!!!!!!!!

benzni
03-29-2014, 09:26 PM
damn sixers, they tank 26 straight losses and they don't even get the record :laugh:

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-29-2014, 09:26 PM
:laugh: @Pistons

sturm
03-29-2014, 09:32 PM
i am very disappointed of 76ers play today. make the history please :D

Cal827
03-29-2014, 09:47 PM
:laugh: damn!

Crackadalic
03-29-2014, 09:50 PM
Philly won? O ****

goingfor28
03-30-2014, 01:44 AM
I'm going to go with No

sunsfan88
03-30-2014, 02:26 AM
76ers are seriously the dumbest franchise in sports this year. They can't even set records while they suck.

RipCity32
03-30-2014, 03:14 AM
Sometimes I underestimate how bad the Pistons suck.

MonroeFAN
03-30-2014, 04:53 AM
No, the Pistons will always be the biggest loser.

torocan
03-30-2014, 08:46 AM
Well, can't say I'm shocked that they won considering the roster they had on the floor. The Pistons aren't exactly barn burners.

I am a *bit* surprised that Hinkie didn't intervene and manufacture a ton of DNP's... however, maybe he just felt some pity for the Coach and Players and decided to let them have a shot at a win last night. Losing a ton is rough, asking them to stick their names on an All pro sports losing records might have been a bit much. :)

xxplayerxx23
03-30-2014, 10:17 AM
76ers are seriously the dumbest franchise in sports this year. They can't even set records while they suck.

Why the **** would they wanna set the record?

astonmartin10
03-30-2014, 12:53 PM
And they beat Detroit by 25.

sunsfan88
03-30-2014, 01:14 PM
Why the **** would they wanna set the record?

Their terrible, they might as well set a record or two while being terrible.

kobe4thewinbang
03-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Can't believe this team made the damn NBA FINALS just 13 years ago.

rocket
03-30-2014, 02:38 PM

... 13 years is a pretty long time lol.

Cal827
03-30-2014, 02:39 PM

To be fair, Cleveland went on their streak just 4 years after reaching the finals lol

mrblisterdundee
03-30-2014, 03:56 PM

Don't hate the player; hate the game.

Tony_Starks
03-30-2014, 04:26 PM
I know Hinkie came in the locker room and gave them a good tongue lashing afterward. Surprised the Coach didn't get fired!

kobe4thewinbang
04-01-2014, 01:59 AM
... 13 years is a pretty long time lol.I understand that. I guess when you have the Lakers and Spurs of the NBA, seeing teams like the 76ers and Cleveland sniff the Finals then fall back into obscurity is mind-blowing. You'd think they would retain the qualities that got them there.