PDA

View Full Version : Pacers are 6-8 in their last 14 games.

MetroMan
03-28-2014, 09:34 PM
They look bad out there. Losing to easy teams. I dont believe danny being traded has a significant role since he's been injured for the last few years.

Are they in the midst of a collapse?

Do you believe some player behind the scenes are creating bad chemistry?

Hawkeye15
03-28-2014, 09:35 PM
their offense has gone to **** the last 6 weeks. If I am a Pacers fan, despite the other night, I am much more concerned with my team than the Heat.

MetroMan
03-28-2014, 09:39 PM
their offense has gone to **** the last 6 weeks. If I am a Pacers fan, despite the other night, I am much more concerned with my team than the Heat.

most definitely. They look careless out there. I beat some player is stirring **** behind the scenes.

MetroMan
03-28-2014, 09:41 PM
@Hawkeye

do you believe the pacers will be better off if they limit Hills minutes and give it to the new guy. Sure he's playing crap but he's the type of player that needs a descent amount of minutes to get into the mojo

Crackadalic
03-28-2014, 09:44 PM
I think granger being traded left that big brother voice void since he was the longest pacers at the time

Evan turner is still getting used to them and Bynum is done IMO

Lance is playing kind of selfish since after the allstar break

PG just fell off. Playing lockdown defense takes it's toll on offense

MrfadeawayJB
03-28-2014, 09:45 PM
I think they are bored with the regular season and ready for the playoffs. Still don't think you can win it all with George hill as your starting pg

NBA_Starter
03-28-2014, 09:47 PM
They will get the 1 seed somehow, they just will, I know it.

MetroMan
03-28-2014, 09:51 PM
I dont believe that they are bored. They NEED to get home court over the Heat for any shot at beating them and so far it looks like they cant even beat the NEts if they meet

Tony_Starks
03-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Paul George has to snap out of it and realize he's not sneaking up teams anymore. When everyone anointed him to superstar status it got the leagues attention...

Raps08-09 Champ
03-28-2014, 10:26 PM
PG's shooting % the past 7 games or so. :puke:

He's still thinking about being catfished.

NBA_Starter
03-28-2014, 10:50 PM
They have 3 more tough games coming up as well not even mentioning the Heat.

Chrisclover
03-29-2014, 12:39 AM
Maybe they are tired ?

Chrisclover
03-29-2014, 12:41 AM
PG has been affected by off court scandals

MetroMan
03-29-2014, 12:58 AM
looks like an easy eastern champ run for the heat

CHANGO
03-29-2014, 01:26 AM
They only play great against the HEAT...

PacersForLife
03-29-2014, 01:26 AM
I think the success has somewhat gotten to guys like Lance and PG. PG with the off-court stuff and being called a superstar after last year's series with the Heat. Lance feeling like he got snubbed as an All-Star seemed to get to him a little bit and he hasn't looked to get others involved as often. Both of these guys have been playing hero ball since the All-Star break. Roy looks like he has been having one of his many periods of low confidence. He doesn't feel like he's getting enough touches. Even David West has been struggling lately. George Hill has basically been his normal self I would say.

I didn't think Danny leaving would have much of an effect on the team, but maybe it did. I don't think Bynum or Turner are causing any problems though.

I don't know if bored is the right word, but they do seem somewhat disinterested or something. You could tell they still have the ability to "turn it on" by the way they played the Heat the other night.

They have had some awful nights and some downright embarrassing ones, but I think they should be fine come playoff time. All of the struggles I mentioned seemed to disappear when they played the Heat, so maybe they just feel like they need something to play for or need to be the underdogs or something... It's hard to tell.

IndyRealist
03-29-2014, 11:45 AM
i think the success has somewhat gotten to guys like lance and pg. Pg with the off-court stuff and being called a superstar after last year's series with the heat. Lance feeling like he got snubbed as an all-star seemed to get to him a little bit and he hasn't looked to get others involved as often. Both of these guys have been playing hero ball since the all-star break. Roy looks like he has been having one of his many periods of low confidence. He doesn't feel like he's getting enough touches. Even david west has been struggling lately. George hill has basically been his normal self i would say.

I didn't think danny leaving would have much of an effect on the team, but maybe it did. I don't think bynum or turner are causing any problems though.

I don't know if bored is the right word, but they do seem somewhat disinterested or something. You could tell they still have the ability to "turn it on" by the way they played the heat the other night.

They have had some awful nights and some downright embarrassing ones, but i think they should be fine come playoff time. All of the struggles i mentioned seemed to disappear when they played the heat, so maybe they just feel like they need something to play for or need to be the underdogs or something... It's hard to tell.

qft.

JohnStockton
03-29-2014, 04:50 PM
That's almost as bad as Miami lately, though not as bad as the 76ers.

JasonJohnHorn
03-30-2014, 08:01 PM
Make that 6-9.

WOW!!! A loss to the Cavs? WTF??!?!?

I haven't seen such a huge drop in play since Isiah Thomas coached the Pacers from first to the 8th seed.

Stunner
03-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Hope the Bulls get them in the 2nd round

waveycrockett
03-30-2014, 09:02 PM
This is absolutely the worst time to be playing bad. Pacers need to have a great finish in April or they are done. They better hope the Knicks dont make it or I could see an upset if they continue playing this poor.

PacersForLife
03-30-2014, 09:27 PM
If we play like this then I have a hard time seeing us beat anybody... We did end the season on a bad not last year, but it wasn't this bad.

NBA_Starter
03-30-2014, 09:34 PM
Make that 6-9.

WOW!!! A loss to the Cavs? WTF??!?!?

I haven't seen such a huge drop in play since Isiah Thomas coached the Pacers from first to the 8th seed.

Just when I thought Miami had lost all hope for the 1 seed.

ztilzer31
03-30-2014, 09:39 PM
Mark your calendars ladies and gents April 11th. The Eastern conference might have a regular season game that actual matters!

NBA_Starter
03-30-2014, 10:31 PM
Mark your calendars ladies and gents April 11th. The Eastern conference might have a regular season game that actual matters!

It's going to be fun, hopefully the Heat live up to their end of the bargain leading up to it.

CHANGO
03-31-2014, 12:43 AM
The part that has to worry Pacers fans is the comments made by Vogel and all the players... The sum it up the answer was "We don't know, why we are playing so bad".

kdspurman
03-31-2014, 10:03 AM
I just read that since Jan 22nd, they've had the 2nd worst offense in the league, only behind Philly. Fortunately, they still have some time to turn it around. As long as their defense remains elite however, they should be able to stay in most games

Ezio
03-31-2014, 10:15 AM
I just read that since Jan 22nd, they've had the 2nd worst offense in the league, only behind Philly. Fortunately, they still have some time to turn it around. As long as their defense remains elite however, they should be able to stay in most games

I thought that belonged to the Bulls.

kdspurman
03-31-2014, 10:39 AM
I thought that belonged to the Bulls.

I just saw it on Twitter, but maybe Bulls are up there too I guess

Beltrans Mole
03-31-2014, 10:48 AM
The Pacers are a very good team. They've hit a rut, that's all. That being said they could easily be outed in the playoffs if they keep this anemic offense going.

MetroMan
03-31-2014, 11:07 AM
This is absolutely the worst time to be playing bad. Pacers need to have a great finish in April or they are done. They better hope the Knicks dont make it or I could see an upset if they continue playing this poor.

As a New Yorker this will be gold

todu82
03-31-2014, 11:44 AM
They've certainly picked the wrong time of year to struggle. At this race I can't see them getting past whoever the 4th seed/5th seed series winner in Round 2.

CHANGO
03-31-2014, 03:00 PM
Hibbert complaining about the fact that they are not an inside-out team like they used to be with Granger, Dunleavy etc... That doesn't sound good at all!

"Some selfish dudes in here," Roy Hibbert muttered Friday night, after getting eight shots in the Pacers' loss to the Wizards. "Some selfish dudes. I'm tired of talking about it. We've been talking about it for a month."

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/features/david_aldridge/03/31/morning-tip-kevin-durant-brian-keefe-indiana-pacers-stumble-kobe-bryant-interview-dirk-nowitzki-qa/index.html#dribbles

lamzoka
03-31-2014, 03:06 PM
PG has been affected by off court scandals
He should hit up Olivia Pope, She'll take care of everything for him. Jus Sayin

NYKnickFanatic
03-31-2014, 03:08 PM
Some selfish dudes in here," Roy Hibbert muttered Friday night, after getting eight shots in the Pacers' loss to the Wizards. "Some selfish dudes. I'm tired of talking about it. We've been talking about it for a month."

Is he calling out George? PG finished 6-22 against the Wizards. Stephenson had the second most shots taken with 13, followed by West with 10.

kdspurman
03-31-2014, 03:10 PM
Is he calling out George? PG finished 6-22 against the Wizards. Stephenson had the second most shots taken with 13, followed by West with 10.

I've seen George's name thrown out there, Lance, and even Evan Turner.

Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh
Evan Turner and Roy Hibbert have played 149 minutes together so far. Number of Hibbert baskets assisted by Turner: 1.

Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh
For those asking, Lance Stephenson has assisted Roy Hibbert 3x as often as Evan Turner has, adjusting for playing time.

Who knows at this point... For their sake, I hope they get it together. They've had a very nice run this year to be spoiled by something like this.

NYKnickFanatic
03-31-2014, 03:15 PM
I've seen George's name thrown out there, Lance, and even Evan Turner.

Who knows at this point... For their sake, I hope they get it together. They've had a very nice run this year to be spoiled by something like this.

It's not how you would like to enter the playoffs, that's for sure.

0nekhmer
03-31-2014, 03:46 PM
Didn't George get some stripper pregnant or something lmao

Big Zo
03-31-2014, 04:29 PM

Yup. And showed his doodle to a gay man online.

NYJ - NYY
03-31-2014, 04:44 PM

His doodle lol

lakerfan85
03-31-2014, 04:56 PM
Hibbert complaining about the fact that they are not an inside-out team like they used to be with Granger, Dunleavy etc... That doesn't sound good at all!

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/features/david_aldridge/03/31/morning-tip-kevin-durant-brian-keefe-indiana-pacers-stumble-kobe-bryant-interview-dirk-nowitzki-qa/index.html#dribbles

Hibbert should demand the ball more.. Who's gonna tell him no?

PacersForLife
03-31-2014, 05:14 PM
Nobody here misses Mike Dunleavy lol. We didn't play inside out with him on the team either. Not a big deal just wanted to point that out.

Hard to tell, Hibbert was just saying West and PG are the only ones he trusts with the ball.

Nobody really knows how much truth there is to either of those stories. As far as I know, it has not been determined if he is really the father and the catfish thing he says is false.

kobebabe
03-31-2014, 05:37 PM
Andrew Bynum is toxic with or without playing...ijs

PacersForLife
03-31-2014, 05:41 PM
Andrew Bynum is toxic with or without playing...ijs

Don't know if your being serious, but he doesn't even travel with the team.