PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Beverley Out with Torn Meniscus

NoahH
03-28-2014, 01:18 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2ch3pu1.png

Tough break for Beverley and the Rockets. He's an underrated cog on their team. It's tough to see a scenario where the Rockets can win the championship this year without him. Maybe he'll make a Metta World Peace-esque recovery

He was expected to play Saturday, but clearly that is not happening now.

5ass
03-28-2014, 01:29 PM
They have no chance without him.

FOBolous
03-28-2014, 01:40 PM
this sucks. the Rockets are going to miss him. i'm going to miss him too...i enjoy watching him annoy and frustrate the crap out of opposing PGs.

sunsfan88
03-28-2014, 01:51 PM
He's their best perimeter defender. Now we can go back to watching opposing guards abuse and embarrass Harden and Lin on the defensive end.

Tony_Starks
03-28-2014, 01:51 PM
That's that. Stuck with Lin now....

Goose17
03-28-2014, 01:56 PM
I like both Harden and Lin (I like Lin more), but that perimeter defense is going to be ugly. Hope Beverley can get healthy soon, Rockets deserve to be at full health for the playoffs, they've earned a deep run after the season that they've had.

NoahH
03-28-2014, 01:59 PM
I like both Harden and Lin (I like Lin more), but that perimeter defense is going to be ugly. Hope Beverley can get healthy soon, Rockets deserve to be at full health for the playoffs, they've earned a deep run after the season that they've had.

Curry & Klay will GASH the rockets in the 1st round without Beverley!

Lakers + Giants
03-28-2014, 02:04 PM
Huge blow for the rockets.

leprechaun5
03-28-2014, 02:05 PM
Major blow for Rockets .

colinskik
03-28-2014, 02:26 PM
You think Westbrook is secretly happy about this?

Hawkeye15
03-28-2014, 02:34 PM
thats a bummer for Houston, for sure. They will miss his defense in the playoffs. But they still have enough to get going in the playoffs and make a run. Beverley is not even an average starting PG in all reality, it just sucks that they lose Lin as more of a scoring guard off the bench.

nycericanguy
03-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Lin is better anyway

waveycrockett
03-28-2014, 02:58 PM
Lin is way underrated and for another team with a stronger team defense you could argue he is just as good a player but the Rockets are screwed without him. That defense is going to get shredded in the playoffs without him. Your talking about a murders row of PG's in the WC that would look like MJ against the Rockets.

Lillard
WB
Parker
Curry
CP3
Dragic/Bledsoe

still1ballin
03-28-2014, 03:10 PM
Westbrook is probably giggling to himself

P&GRealist
03-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Howard is such a bad aura to his teams. Kobe got injured right before last yrs playoffs, and now Beverley right before this yrs playoffs.

P&GRealist
03-28-2014, 03:14 PM
thats a bummer for Houston, for sure. They will miss his defense in the playoffs. But they still have enough to get going in the playoffs and make a run. Beverley is not even an average starting PG in all reality, it just sucks that they lose Lin as more of a scoring guard off the bench.
I hate it when people say 'make a run'. That's just another way of saying they'll be cute and exciting and somewhat competitive, but at the end, got no chance in hell.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2014, 03:26 PM
I hate it when people say 'make a run'. That's just another way of saying they'll be cute and exciting and somewhat competitive, but at the end, got no chance in hell.

Not when I say it. I think the Rockets have been exceptional the second half of the year, and while Beverley is the spear tip of their defense, he isn't exactly a make or break kind of guy. I still think they can beat the Blazers, Warriors, or Suns in round 1, and they have a chance to keep going if they matchup with SA imo, they are a great matchup issue for them.

BenFrank
03-28-2014, 03:33 PM
I'm hoping he goes over those 10 steps of defense with Lin, but I wouldn't sleep on Lin.. he's been playing well these past few weeks. Just another chance to prove himself as a starter and kick his trade value up

D-Leethal
03-28-2014, 03:36 PM
BenFrank that sig is dope as ****.

5ass
03-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Howard is such a bad aura to his teams. Kobe got injured right before last yrs playoffs, and now Beverley right before this yrs playoffs.

I know Dwight walked out on the Lakers, and it'd probably too soon right now, but I hope one day you guys can let it go and realize how stupid statements like that are.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm hoping he goes over those 10 steps of defense with Lin, but I wouldn't sleep on Lin.. he's been playing well these past few weeks. Just another chance to prove himself as a starter and kick his trade value up

before Joe Johnson was traded, I would have said Lin is untradeable for next season...

WARRIORS@GR
03-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Lol at people saying Lin is better.This is a huge blow for the Rockets.I've seen enough games of them,he is the heart and soul of this team,especially on defense.The way he hustles at every play,get big stops,steals,even offensive rebounds at critical possesions makes him irreplaceable for them,especially in the playoffs.

Lin will give something more on offense,but it's not what they need in their starting lineup.He's just a bad fit with Harden.Not to mention their bench will now suck,and Harden will probably be forced to play more minutes.

I considered the Rockets as a legit contender before that.Now,even if they get past the 1st round,they will get hammered in the 2nd by either the Spurs or OKC.

BenFrank
03-28-2014, 04:53 PM
BenFrank that sig is dope as ****.

Appreciate it bro

before Joe Johnson was traded, I would have said Lin is untradeable for next season...

Well he's gonna be on his final year, so teams looking for cap space is an option.. but something tells me the Knicks will prob be interested..

KnicksorBust
03-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Damian Lillard, Steph Curry, Mike Conley, Eric Bledsoe/Goran Dragic...

Good Luck Jeremy Lin!

COOLbeans
03-28-2014, 06:12 PM
I know Steph Curry is licking his chops thinking about Lin guarding him on the perimeter.

And there's no way the Rockets can beat OKC with a healthy Westbrook.

I kinda feel sorry for Rockets fans, they really believed in their team this year

GiantsSwaGG
03-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Karma?

RLundi
03-28-2014, 06:24 PM
Karma.

Tony_Starks
03-28-2014, 06:58 PM
Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Damian Lillard, Steph Curry, Mike Conley, Eric Bledsoe/Goran Dragic...

Good Luck Jeremy Lin!

He's about to get straight abused. I'd start experimenting with Garcia and Harden in the backcourt. Garcia is a damn good wing defender and can at least make up for some of Hardens decencies...

goku
03-28-2014, 07:47 PM
its a blow but not devastating like if Howard, Parsons or Harden went down yes bev is our best defenders but having 2 big bodies in Asik and Howard really helps the Rockets defense more so then people think ...Lin just got to adjust his game and bring it more defensively seeing he wont be needed for scoring in the first unit

goku
03-28-2014, 07:48 PM

agreed

SPURSFAN1
03-28-2014, 08:04 PM
It's not like the rockets were contenders anyways.

FOBolous
03-28-2014, 08:04 PM
its a blow but not devastating like if Howard, Parsons or Harden went down yes bev is our best defenders but having 2 big bodies in Asik and Howard really helps the Rockets defense more so then people think ...Lin just got to adjust his game and bring it more defensively seeing he wont be needed for scoring in the first unit

agreed. Losing Beverly sucks because he's our best perimeter defender but it's not the end of the world. Harden has gotten better on defense as the season progressed and Lin, while not elite on defense, isn't horrible either...he's actually a better help defender than Beverly.

On offense, Beverly is an afterthought...5th option at best. Lin's miles ahead of Beverly in that regards. The Rockets will be fine. His defense was a luxury but it's not a "must have." Plus the Rockets have played through injuries to better players than Beverley. In fact, he did missed a chunk of the season earlier and the Rockets were fine.

FOBolous
03-28-2014, 08:07 PM

Hey. Not everyone's lucky enough to have Greg Poppovich as their coach :mad:

Chrisclover
03-28-2014, 08:36 PM
Westbrook laughs “feel my pain ” .

goku
03-28-2014, 08:37 PM

3-0 against ur spur says otherwise ....

Allphakenny1
03-28-2014, 08:47 PM
agreed. Losing Beverly sucks because he's our best perimeter defender but it's not the end of the world. Harden has gotten better on defense as the season progressed and Lin, while not elite on defense, isn't horrible either...he's actually a better help defender than Beverly.

On offense, Beverly is an afterthought...5th option at best. Lin's miles ahead of Beverly in that regards. The Rockets will be fine. Unlike the Warriors who falls apart when they lost Iguodala (or any of their players, #fullsquad guys), the Rockets aren't going to fall apart without Beverly. His defense was a luxury but it's not a "must have." Plus the Rockets have played through injuries to better players than Beverley. In fact, he did missed a chunk of the season earlier and the Rockets were fine.

Once again, most pathetic TROLL on PSD!

Allphakenny1
03-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Isn't that true tho? Isn't that why yall keep going about with that "full squad" hashtag and keep saying how good your team would be "if healthy?" If not, why are yall so obsessed with that hashtag (multiple users use that hashtag frequently)?

Why do you care? It is a motto for the team, something for them to rally around. Most, if not all, teams have something they use to motivate them. You just seem to look for any reason to trash the Warriors even when non exists. Then you complain about Warriors fans trash talking when you do it more than anyone.

NBA_Starter
03-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Get well soon young man, I wish you a full recovery.

FOBolous
03-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Why do you care? It is a motto for the team, something for them to rally around. Most, if not all, teams have something they use to motivate them. You just seem to look for any reason to trash the Warriors even when non exists. Then you complain about Warriors fans trash talking when you do it more than anyone.

I was responding to a warriors fan whom I thought was celebrating be Beverly's injury but I went back and reread his post and realized I misinterpreted it. I apologize. I deleted that sentence from my original post. Happy?

Tony_Starks
03-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Rocket fans seem very optimistic to have just lost their toughest player...

Allphakenny1
03-28-2014, 10:10 PM
I was responding to a warriors fan whom I thought was celebrating be Beverly's injury but I went back and reread his post and realized I misinterpreted it. I apologize. I deleted that sentence from my original post. Happy?

No Problem. I guess I am a little sensitive to this whole Warriors/Rockets beef on this site because:

1. I actually like the Rockets and want to root for them if the Warriors are eliminated, but do not know if I can do that because of the rivalry on a web site. I hate that a website rivalry can change my feelings for a sports team.

2. I think this rivalry makes both of our team's fans look bad. No one is winning from this back and forth bickering.

I'll admit, I was actually happy when I first heard about this Beverly injury because of the rivalry on this site. Then I thought to myself, how pathetic am I?

mightybosstone
03-28-2014, 10:18 PM
I still think they can win a playoff series or two without Beverley, but I just find it hard to believe they're legit contenders with their perimeter defense that bad. I suppose it just depends on how well they play offensively and if Lin can make up for Beverley's defense with offensive production. As a Rockets fan, this is really, really tough, but I'm going to try and stay optimistic. It's good that they have to play the rest of the season without him and get used to playing without him on the floor.

mightybosstone
03-28-2014, 10:21 PM

What do you expect us to do? "Oh no! We're clearly ****ed and will probably get swept in the first round!" No, of course we're not going to react that way. It's a big loss, but team's have lost better players than Beverley and still made deep playoff runs. I love the guy, but he's at most the Rockets fourth most important player. Also he's not a huge threat offensively, and if Houston gets hot enough on that side of the ball, they can make up for his defensive intensity.

torocan
03-28-2014, 10:36 PM
I suppose it just depends on how well they play offensively and if Lin can make up for Beverley's defense with offensive production.

Honestly, the substitution of Lin's for Beverley's minutes is the LEAST of your concerns. Lin starting vs Beverley starting might be a plus, minus or neutral depending on Lin's output. However, it likely won't be a drastic change in terms of the net result unless Lin balls out, then it's a plus.

What you *really* need to worry about is substituting Lin's bench minutes with Canaan's bench minutes. 76 mins in the NBA, and he's an undersized PG in his rookie year being thrown into the fire with only a month to get up to speed for the play offs and develop chemistry with the 2nd unit.

That's what's going to hurt the Rockets the most I think.

mightybosstone
03-28-2014, 10:45 PM
Honestly, the substitution of Lin's for Beverley's minutes is the LEAST of your concerns. Lin starting vs Beverley starting might be a plus, minus or neutral depending on Lin's output. However, it likely won't be a drastic change in terms of the net result unless Lin balls out, then it's a plus.

What you *really* need to worry about is substituting Lin's bench minutes with Canaan's bench minutes. 76 mins in the NBA, and he's an undersized PG in his rookie year being thrown into the fire with only a month to get up to speed for the play offs and develop chemistry with the 2nd unit.

That's what's going to hurt the Rockets the most I think.

I think you're making a little too much out of that. Depth is not what wins you titles. Talent a good, strong 8-9 man rotation does. Canaan will be playing, at most, 10-12 minutes a night. I could even see the Rockets going with a bigger lineup in some scenarios with Harden, Parsons and Hamilton on the floor at the same time and Harden handling point guard duties offensively.

I'm far more concerned about losing Beverley's defensive intensity. That's a much bigger loss than who plays the ?Rockets' back up point for 10 minutes a game.

mightybosstone
03-28-2014, 11:11 PM

Last time I checked, that non-contender had wiped the floor with your squad three times this season in three tries.

FOBolous
03-29-2014, 01:52 AM

Houston's record without Beverly this year is 13-6 which includes wins over Memphis, San Antonio, and Dallas. We're still a .600 team without him. Yes, Beverly is our toughest player. Yes, he's our best perimeter defender. and yes, he does set the tone with his intensity. But is our team is going to fall apart without him? no. is our defense going to fold without him? no...not with Asik and Dwight providing 42 minutes of elite paint defense...and not with Harden improving his defense as the season progressed. plus, like i said, Lin is actually a better help defender than Beverly.

effen5
03-29-2014, 02:28 AM
He'll be back before Drose.

Chrisclover
03-29-2014, 08:06 AM
Once again, most pathetic TROLL on PSD!
The warriors did trudge through the games without Iggy. Their opening was bad.it's not trolling but a fact, although maybe a bit exaggerated

Chrisclover
03-29-2014, 08:14 AM
Bickering between 2 fan base is common and understandable. every one has their own favorite team which they have right to defend and root for. We just need to have reasonable arguments and keep imprudent bashing away

Chrisclover
03-29-2014, 08:18 AM
The latest NBA website rankings put Rockets at the 4th place if i am not mistaken.I doubt where will they end up next week.

WARRIORS@GR
03-29-2014, 08:38 AM
After that injury,i'm confused about which team i would prefer the Warriors to face in the playoffs between the Clippers and the Rockets.
Sure the regular season matchups vs the Clippers look better,but i feel Houston could be an easier out for us.
The Clippers are going all in this season,i can't imagine the criticism they will get if they get bounced out of the 1st round again.Doc is playoff tested,they have cp3,Blake looks better than ever.

The Rockets contender 'window' is now opening,they have a worst coach,less experienced playoff players,and nobody to throw on our 2 best offensive players.

I don't know which matchup i like right now.

torocan
03-29-2014, 09:02 AM
After that injury,i'm confused about which team i would prefer the Warriors to face in the playoffs between the Clippers and the Rockets.
Sure the regular season matchups vs the Clippers look better,but i feel Houston could be an easier out for us.
The Clippers are going all in this season,i can't imagine the criticism they will get if they get bounced out of the 1st round again.Doc is playoff tested,they have cp3,Blake looks better than ever.

The Rockets contender 'window' is now opening,they have a worst coach,less experienced playoff players,and nobody to throw on our 2 best offensive players.

Don't get too worked up. Even LAST year with JUST Lin and Harden and no Dwight, they beat GSW 3-1 in the regular season. Sure, the play offs are different, but we've never seen them match up in the play offs either.

I doubt Beverley vs Lin will be the difference maker in a GSW-Houston series. It will be the 10-20 minutes that Canaan is running the point with the 2nd unit that may make or break the game in terms of keeping/running up/losing a lead that I suspect will hurt them more.

WARRIORS@GR
03-29-2014, 11:39 AM
Don't get too worked up. Even LAST year with JUST Lin and Harden and no Dwight, they beat GSW 3-1 in the regular season. Sure, the play offs are different, but we've never seen them match up in the play offs either.

I doubt Beverley vs Lin will be the difference maker in a GSW-Houston series. It will be the 10-20 minutes that Canaan is running the point with the 2nd unit that may make or break the game in terms of keeping/running up/losing a lead that I suspect will hurt them more.So having a guy who can guard Curry better than almost anyone in the league could not be a difference maker,especially in close playoff games?I didn't say the Warriors will dominate because of the Beverley absence,just said it makes it a little easier for us.

amak316
03-29-2014, 11:56 AM
Beverleys defense is one of the most overrated things I've seen in my life. It's typical eye test stuff, he just plays with a ton of energy and is always pressing but in reality he gets burned a lot.

There's been a bunch of games where opposing PGs go off on him and the best ones do with a good amount of frequency. I think Lin could certainly be addition by subtraction for the Rockets, the only issue I see is that Lins teammate chemistry is low and he doesn't mesh great with the other starters.

I hope Bev heals quickly but I legitimately think that Bev would get > 10mpg on only one team in the NBA

WARRIORS@GR
03-29-2014, 12:19 PM
Beverleys defense is one of the most overrated things I've seen in my life. It's typical eye test stuff, he just plays with a ton of energy and is always pressing but in reality he gets burned a lot.

There's been a bunch of games where opposing PGs go off on him and the best ones do with a good amount of frequency. I think Lin could certainly be addition by subtraction for the Rockets, the only issue I see is that Lins teammate chemistry is low and he doesn't mesh great with the other starters.

I hope Bev heals quickly but I legitimately think that Bev would get > 10mpg on only one team in the NBATerrible opinion.

FOBolous
03-29-2014, 12:50 PM
So having a guy who can guard Curry better than almost anyone in the league could not be a difference maker,especially in close playoff games?I didn't say the Warriors will dominate because of the Beverley absence,just said it makes it a little easier for us.

honestly, as much as i hate to admit this, Beverly hasn't done a good job of holding Curry anyways:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=curryst01&y1=2014&p2=beverpa01&y2=2014

With Lin's abilities on offense, his insertion into the starting lineup may be addition by subtraction. and like Torocan said, Beverley vs Lin won't be the difference maker in a GSW-Houston series. It will be the 10-20 minutes that Canaan is running the point with the 2nd unit that may make or break the game in terms of keeping/running up/losing a lead that I suspect will hurt them more.

WARRIORS@GR
03-29-2014, 01:15 PM
honestly, as much as i hate to admit this, Beverly hasn't done a good job of holding Curry anyways:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=curryst01&y1=2014&p2=beverpa01&y2=2014

With Lin's abilities on offense, his insertion into the starting lineup may be addition by subtraction. and like Torocan said, Beverley vs Lin won't be the difference maker in a GSW-Houston series. It will be the 10-20 minutes that Canaan is running the point with the 2nd unit that may make or break the game in terms of keeping/running up/losing a lead that I suspect will hurt them more.The link you posted is wrong,this is not their h2h stats.
Anyway,i doubt you can find a better defender for Curry.Beverley is annoying for opponents,puts too much pressure and forces turnovers.
I can guarantee Curry would go off for 27+ PPG in a series vs Lin.
And yes,this can easily be a difference maker in a close playoff series.
I agree that the bench will also be a questionmark for the Rockets now,but you cannot ignore the absence of a player who can stay in front of elite PG's,especially when he is the only one you have who can do that.

SteBO
03-29-2014, 01:28 PM
Hey guys, this is a serious injury to a player that has had a major positive impact on the Rockets. There's no reason why we can't a civil discussion on it without taking personal shots....nobody "deserves" to have a torn meniscus. Things just happen.

FOBolous
03-29-2014, 01:37 PM
The link you posted is wrong,this is not their h2h stats.
Anyway,i doubt you can find a better defender for Curry.Beverley is annoying for opponents,puts too much pressure and forces turnovers.
I can guarantee Curry would go off for 27+ PPG in a series vs Lin.
And yes,this can easily be a difference maker in a close playoff series.
I agree that the bench will also be a questionmark for the Rockets now,but you cannot ignore the absence of a player who can stay in front of elite PG's,especially when he is the only one you have who can do that.

Beverly missed a chunk of the season earlier this year. Houston's record without Beverly this year is 13-6 which includes wins over Memphis, San Antonio, and Dallas. We're still a .600 team without him. Yes, he's our toughest perimeter defender, but our defense isn't going to collapse without him...not with Asik and Dwight providing 42 minutes of elite paint defense and not with Harden improving his defense as the season progressed. but if you insist that HOuston's going to collapse without Beverly than we just have to let bygones be bygones.

All-In
03-29-2014, 01:43 PM
This sucks he was one of my favorite players to watch….Pretty big blow to a team that has sleeper potential in the west…they might have to give more min to Casspi/Garica which could even things out….so this hurts them but I don’t think it will break them

mightybosstone
03-29-2014, 06:41 PM
The mods seriously need to get over themselves. They're deleting posts that have no business being deleted.

archdevil84
03-29-2014, 07:09 PM
thats what he gets for screwing chris smoove in the NBA finals in his 2k11 vids...

ghettosean
03-29-2014, 08:31 PM
The mods seriously need to get over themselves. They're deleting posts that have no business being deleted.

I agree some posts should have but all my posts/yours were about the thread not sure why those got deleted

PurpleLynch
03-29-2014, 08:48 PM
It sucks for the Rockets. Not that good on offense,but top top notch defense imo. Sad for him,still I think they can still make a lot of noise in the playoffs.

ghettosean
03-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Karma.

Agreed

SteBO
03-29-2014, 10:23 PM
That's not for you to decide. If you quote a problematic post, your post will get deleted, not that you said anything off-putting. Really, it's not that serious

WARRIORS@GR
03-29-2014, 10:47 PM
The count has started for opposing PG's going off for 30+ against the Rockets.

Chrisclover
03-30-2014, 12:27 AM
I think the Rockets is a bit unlucky here. Their winning % is now almost the same as the defending champion, Heat but they lose an important player.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2014, 12:59 AM

Clippers versus Rockets? I would rather face the Rockets 10/10 times.

sep11ie
03-30-2014, 01:16 AM
I still think the rockets are gonna surprise everybody.

sunsfan88
03-30-2014, 12:29 PM
Last time I checked, that non-contender had wiped the floor with your squad three times this season in three tries.

Knicks swept Miami in the regular season the year that the Heat won the trophy while NYK got eliminated 1st or 2nd rd.

BenFrank
03-31-2014, 02:25 PM
For the guys that was hating on Pat Beverely, and secretly happy for his injury.. Yea ' suck it easy

Adrian Wojnarowski

After suffering a torn meniscus in right knee, Houston's Patrick Beverley won't need surgery and will return this season, sources tell Y.

goku
03-31-2014, 02:29 PM
For the guys that was hating on Pat Beverely, and secretly happy for his injury.. Yea ' suck it easy

Adrian Wojnarowski

good news

Chronz
03-31-2014, 02:37 PM

Its such a toss up that I would just go with whatever your gut tells you because you wont get much out of H2H matchups. Blake is currently dealing with back spasms again (this time last year he was dealing with them and went on to go ghost for the playoffs), CP3 hasn't been the same either. Yet somehow we are still dominating, this with Reddick and Crawford not being up to sniff yet either. Clips at full potential are definitely a powerhouse. All I want now is to avoid Memphis. Would love to play GS or Portland, 2 teams that have been in free fall of late.

kdspurman
03-31-2014, 02:48 PM
Knicks swept Miami in the regular season the year that the Heat won the trophy while NYK got eliminated 1st or 2nd rd.

Word... Regular season matchups don't always tell the whole story.

P&GRealist
03-31-2014, 03:11 PM
The Rockets are right back into contention for the West.

alexander_37
03-31-2014, 03:15 PM

I forgot, those juggernaut warriors who could mop the floor with anyone in the playoffs without a doubt. Just not in the regular season of course.... Because we all know they are going to flip that magical NYG switch.

FOBolous
03-31-2014, 03:47 PM
I forgot, those juggernaut warriors who could mop the floor with anyone in the playoffs without a doubt. Just not in the regular season of course.... Because we all know they are going to flip that magical NYG switch.

:laugh2:

FOBolous
03-31-2014, 03:55 PM
Its such a toss up that I would just go with whatever your gut tells you because you wont get much out of H2H matchups. Blake is currently dealing with back spasms again (this time last year he was dealing with them and went on to go ghost for the playoffs), CP3 hasn't been the same either. Yet somehow we are still dominating, this with Reddick and Crawford not being up to sniff yet either. Clips at full potential are definitely a powerhouse. All I want now is to avoid Memphis. Would love to play GS or Portland, 2 teams that have been in free fall of late.

it seems like the common sentiment among the 4 best teams in the West is that GS, Portland, and Phoenix are 3 teams they all want to face while Memphis is the one team that everyone wants to avoid.

Knick_Fever
03-31-2014, 05:18 PM
Rose tears meniscus, out for the year. Beverly tears meniscus, out for a couple of weeks. :face palm:

goku
03-31-2014, 11:46 PM
Rose tears meniscus, out for the year. Beverly tears meniscus, out for a couple of weeks. :face palm:

true Bev's must not had been in the same place

EvanTurner
03-31-2014, 11:51 PM
karma karma u go around tearing ppl acls on purpose u get yours torn

TheNumber37
04-01-2014, 12:11 AM
First Round Knockout to the Warriors or Blazers.

TheNumber37
04-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Love is simply not a good enough scorer to carry them. AI averaged 31.1 that year... With Love's 25 or 26, the'd lose. Iverson also had more dimes.

5ass
04-01-2014, 01:32 AM
Love is simply not a good enough scorer to carry them. AI averaged 31.1 that year... With Love's 25 or 26, the'd lose. Iverson also had more dimes.

Yes, but you are still in the pat bev thread.

c.c.
04-01-2014, 01:52 AM
Yes, but you are still in the pat bev thread.

:laugh:

sunsfan88
04-02-2014, 01:24 AM
Word... Regular season matchups don't always tell the whole story.
Yup..Suns beat Pacers 2-0 :p