PDA

View Full Version : Next Season; Will the East be more competitive, even less competitive or the same?

Goose17
03-28-2014, 10:20 AM
What do you think? There's no doubt the East is weak.

Looking at the standings right now, the Pelicans are 12th in the West, with their current record they would be 8th in the East. Utah who are dead last out West, would be 11th/12th out East. Toronto, the 3rd seed in the East, with that record right now, would be the 10th seed out West.

With Melo, Bosh, Lebron, Wade, Lowry, Turner, Stephenson etc being possible free agents that COULD head out West (I doubt Lebron or Wade go anywhere), do you think it's possible the East could be even WORSE next season?

On top of that you have to think Brooklyns "stars" are on their last legs and Shaun Livingston is going to be snatched up if he enters free agency, he's done a good job this year.

So, what do you think, will the East be about the same next season? Or will it get worse, or better?

P&GRealist
03-28-2014, 02:08 PM
More top heavy competitive with Rose being healthy next yr with the Bulls.

Less competitive for the rest of the East.

Horford will be back with Hawks, but they will still be meh.

Nets are done after this season. Pierce is a free agent and will probably sign somewhere out west for the MLE for 2-3 yrs before he retires. KG is literally on his last legs, he is owed 12 mil next season, but I think he comes to terms on a buyout and retires.

And who even knows if Melo even stays, that right there could cause the demise of the Knicks.

FOBolous
03-28-2014, 02:10 PM
unless a few big name free agents goes to the East, it's going to be about the same. all the star rookies they will draft are going to need a year or two to develop.

P&GRealist
03-28-2014, 02:12 PM
The Heat have it good for atleast next season too.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2014, 02:38 PM
Rose, Lopez, and Horford all come back from injury, Rondo is 100%, and at least a handful of Wiggins, Embid, Parker, Exum, Randle, Smart, Anderson, and Harris are in the east next year.

The east will be a little better, but the fact is, they are just not managed well outside a handful of teams. They will continue to throw out average teams in the playoffs, and have the worst teams in the league. But they should be marginally better.

I figure, barring injuries, the Heat, Pacers, Bull, Raptors, Hawks, Nets, and Wizards all have winning records, and there will hopefully be another 1-3 teams that fight to stay at or above .500.

D-Leethal
03-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Who the **** knows. This was supposed to be "the year" the East finally stepped their game up and had some competitive depth, and it ended up being terrible on a historical level.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2014, 03:37 PM
Who the **** knows. This was supposed to be "the year" the East finally stepped their game up and had some competitive depth, and it ended up being terrible on a historical level.

injuries are a big part of it. But yeah, Irving didn't get any better, the Nets looked like many of them feared they would for a while...old, and the Knicks just fell apart at the seams. We knew there were some tanking teams in Orlando and Philly, but the Bucks came out of nowhere to suck worse than any of them

I HAVE to think the depth of the east is better next year, with Rose/Horford/Lopez back, and Rondo healthy, and with a good incoming class of talent, but you are right. Who the hell knows...

SPURSFAN1
03-28-2014, 03:38 PM
This thread made my day. lol East is still going to be hot garbage besides 2 teams.

5ass
03-28-2014, 03:56 PM
In a few years the east will rise. Theres just so many bad teams in good positions. Milwaukee, orl, Philly could build something special.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2014, 04:30 PM
In a few years the east will rise. Theres just so many bad teams in good positions. Milwaukee, orl, Philly could build something special.

I would guess all 3 are lottery teams next year. It's nearly impossible to go from totally sucking to a .500ish team in one year.

Puck017
03-28-2014, 04:36 PM
I think the lottery teams in the east will be more competitive next year, but the playoff teams will have pretty much the same records as this season.

ManRam
03-28-2014, 04:39 PM

Not next year,tho. Maybe one sneaks into the playoffs, but they're all quite a bit away from being "special". I love what all three are doing, but rebuilds take time.

Horford, Lopez and Rose's health will help a good deal. The teams are also so damn young. There's only upwards to go for them. The East will be better. Won't be the West, but they'll obviously get better. I'd bet the world on it.

5ass
03-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Like i said, in a few years.

RLundi
03-28-2014, 06:32 PM
I would guess all 3 are lottery teams next year. It's nearly impossible to go from totally sucking to a .500ish team in one year.

Well, yeah they are all going to be lottery teams. To say otherwise would suggest that they'd make the playoffs next year, which I doubt would happen. But he did say in a "few years," and so I expect the Sixers and Magic to make a decent amount of growth next year and continue to cultivate that, if for no other reason than free agency, the draft and player progress. Not sure about the Bucks just yet, but the two other teams have significant building blocks and cap space.

Tony_Starks
03-28-2014, 06:40 PM
Bout the same. It'll just be one more legit team in the Bulls. But everyone that's garbage will still be. Most of them have a 2-3 year tank plan anyway.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Well, yeah they are all going to be lottery teams. To say otherwise would suggest that they'd make the playoffs next year, which I doubt would happen. But he did say in a "few years," and so I expect the Sixers and Magic to make a decent amount of growth next year and continue to cultivate that, if for no other reason than free agency, the draft and player progress. Not sure about the Bucks just yet, but the two other teams have significant building blocks and cap space.

not me. Tanking has proven to show that the teams who do it really don't see much success over a 5 year period future wise.

NBA_Starter
03-28-2014, 09:02 PM
I think it will be more competitive since you shouldn't have as many teams tanking.