PDA

View Full Version : The Philadelphia 76ers tied the NBA record with longest losing streak

Goose17
03-28-2014, 06:44 AM
If they lose their next game, Philly will hold the record for the longest losing streak in all of the four major professional sports.

And the Bucks STILL have a worse record... they have a winning percentage of 0.194

How in the hell can a team tie an NBA record for the most consecutive losses and still not be the worst team in the league?

East is SO weak it's unbelievable. Has it ever been this bad?

Anyway... how long do you think this streak goes on for? Their next three games are Detroit, Atlanta and Charlotte.

NYKnickFanatic
03-28-2014, 07:53 AM
I just hope they can beat the Hawks. :hope:

torocan
03-28-2014, 07:59 AM
Hinkie.

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

One thing you can say, when Hinkie says rebuild, he sure doesn't screw around.

To take a borderline play off team to an 0-26 losing streak the very next season in the strongest draft in years, that's a master class in Tanking ladies and gentlemen.

It's easy to suck when you already suck (Bucks). However, to do what Hinkie's doing? That's just skill.

Complain all you want, but appreciate the performance for what it is.

Ebbs
03-28-2014, 09:53 AM
East is bad but be happy there's talent at the top. East could be bad and we could have the Nets led by Kidd and Kenyon in the finals...

NoahH
03-28-2014, 10:23 AM
26 losses in a row is mind-boggling to me. I look at their roster and it seems better than the d-league team the Lakers are trotting out. I mean the 76ers ARE BAD dont get me wrong, but they have some talent. MCW and Thad Young should be able to carry a team to at least a couple wins no? And i know they are tanking, but players go out and try to win everyday, but the Sixers just keep getting blown out by everyone (except the Knicks).

Lakers + Giants
03-28-2014, 10:30 AM
Relegate them!

slashsnake
03-28-2014, 10:38 AM
I could see them having a quick turnaround. MCW looks very nice. Noel could come back and play at a high level, especially on D. Could have the top pick in the draft and a nice pick from the Pelicans.

Some things would have to turn out for the best (Noel, good draft lottery), but this team could be a playoff contender next year in a weak east.

RipCity32
03-28-2014, 12:47 PM
I could see them having a quick turnaround. MCW looks very nice. Noel could come back and play at a high level, especially on D. Could have the top pick in the draft and a nice pick from the Pelicans.

Some things would have to turn out for the best (Noel, good draft lottery), but this team could be a playoff contender next year in a weak east.

I doubt they will be anything near playoff contender. Their whole roster should be in the DLeague and not many FAs are going to be lining up to go there. MCW puts up big stats but they aren't as impressive when you really look at the efficiency and the freedom he has with no chains to put them up. No young guy even Wiggins will turn this around quickly. They will be the worst team in the league next year as well.

NYKnickFanatic
03-28-2014, 12:59 PM
East is bad but be happy there's talent at the top. East could be bad and we could have the Nets led by Kidd and Kenyon in the finals...

Can't lie, they were fun to watch. Kidd-KMart-RJ.

SeoulBeatz
03-28-2014, 01:08 PM
The Sixers will not win another game this season.

SeoulBeatz
03-28-2014, 01:16 PM
26 losses in a row is mind-boggling to me. I look at their roster and it seems better than the d-league team the Lakers are trotting out. I mean the 76ers ARE BAD dont get me wrong, but they have some talent. MCW and Thad Young should be able to carry a team to at least a couple wins no? And i know they are tanking, but players go out and try to win everyday, but the Sixers just keep getting blown out by everyone (except the Knicks).

Lol nope. MCW is not a scorer by any means. He is playing completely out of his role putting up this many shots. In the future, we'll hopefully have a great wing who can take the scoring burden off of MCW cause that's obviously not his forte.

His greatest asset is his passing and defending. He is a VERY good passer but on the worst shooting team in the league, it's not easy to get those assists, it's remarkable that he's been able to get 6+ with sharpshooters like Tony Wroten, Hollis Thompson, and Elliot Williams surrounding him.

He will be in the ilk of a bigger Rondo (6'6" long arms, active hands on defense and good distribution skills) but he should never be a #1 scoring option. That's just the state of the Sixers team, they are THAT bad.

kobebabe
03-28-2014, 01:22 PM
You can expect this team to win 0 remaining games. Talk of been the best in the business of tanking! Seems like ever since AI left town this team goes into random tanking seasons. Who in the world want to go there to play? MCW will leave when his contract is over. If he don't, he will be traded away for tanking purposes when they start sucking again or when another strong draft class come along! Ask Evan Turner, holiday etc. Can't stand it!

5ass
03-28-2014, 01:22 PM
Its pathetic, I hope they get the worst pick possible, or else we're encouraging all out tanking. Then again, I am jealous.

NoahH
03-28-2014, 01:26 PM
On the bright side they'll have a good lineup for years to come potentially..

PG MCW
SG Wiggins
SF Thad Young
PF Noah Vonleh
C Nerlnes Noal

SeoulBeatz
03-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Its pathetic, I hope they get the worst pick possible, or else we're encouraging all out tanking. Then again, I am jealous.

Thanks for admitting it :)

Laker fans with Tankforwiggins sigs bashing the Sixers for tanking.... need I say more?

SeoulBeatz
03-28-2014, 01:32 PM

PG MCW
SG Wiggins
SF Thad Young
PF Noah Vonleh
C Nerlnes Noal

Yeup.

MCW + Nerlens coming back next year + a potential Top 3 pick + the Pelicans pick + 5 2nd rounders + the most cap space in the league.

Sam Hinkie is running the Sixers like a 2k franchise. Get as many young assets/picks as possible and watch that **** grow.

Better than what we've been doing for the past decade: Overpay mediocre players and barely miss the playoffs to get mediocre draft picks. Yeah, that's a sound strategy that's clearly paid off for us.

edit: And once again, if anyone can offer up a better plan for the Sixers to rebuild after the Andrew Bynum debacle, I'd love to hear them.... Should we have signed Evan Turner to a long term contract? Would that have done the trick?

SeoulBeatz
03-28-2014, 01:42 PM
I doubt they will be anything near playoff contender. Their whole roster should be in the DLeague and not many FAs are going to be lining up to go there. MCW puts up big stats but they aren't as impressive when you really look at the efficiency and the freedom he has with no chains to put them up. No young guy even Wiggins will turn this around quickly. They will be the worst team in the league next year as well.

It's funny cause the Pistons are doing EXACTLY what the Sixers were doing 3 years ago.

After that AMAZING championship team with Billups, Rip, Tayshaun, Sheeeeed, and Big Ben you have desperately been trying to quick-fix your way back to being contenders.

Trying to build a championship team around Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva ****ed your team over.

Then came the Jennings and Smith trades this year....

Those signings/trades eerily remind me of the Elton Brand signing and the Andrew Bynum saga.

Honestly ask yourself..... would you rather be stuck with Jennings and Smith, missing the playoffs in this disaster of a season??

OR

Have as young of a roster as possible without wasting cap space on overrated players, allowing Drummond, KCP, and (less-so) Monroe develop, and try to obtain a top 3 pick in one of the strongest drafts in recent memory??

I think the answer is obvious here.

kobebabe
03-28-2014, 01:45 PM
You can expect this team to win 0 remaining games. Talk of been the best in the tanking business!! Seems like ever since AI left town this team goes into random tanking seasons. Who in the world want to go there to play? MCW will leave when his contract is over. If he don't, he will be traded away for tanking purposes when they start sucking again or when another strong draft class come along! Ask Evan Turner, holiday etc. Can't stand it!

Tony_Starks
03-28-2014, 02:05 PM
They're going to get like the 4th pick and do this all over again next season....

SeoulBeatz
03-28-2014, 02:10 PM
They're going to get like the 4th pick and do this all over again next season....

Lol that could very well happen, though most Sixers fans (on this forum) would be happy with Randle at 4.

And I don't think there's any doubt the Sixers will be on the bottom of the East next season as well. This is not a 1 year rebuild.

Shlumpledink
03-28-2014, 02:15 PM
The east has been bad for a long time, they've had the best team in the nba for a couple of years now, but overall the east has been very weak.

It's a bad year to be a 76ers and milwaukee fan, I can't imagine how their fan base likes this, or the nba.

The Ooh Child
03-28-2014, 02:16 PM
we're making history!

RipCity32
03-28-2014, 02:44 PM
It's funny cause the Pistons are doing EXACTLY what the Sixers were doing 3 years ago.

After that AMAZING championship team with Billups, Rip, Tayshaun, Sheeeeed, and Big Ben you have desperately been trying to quick-fix your way back to being contenders.

Trying to build a championship team around Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva ****ed your team over.

Then came the Jennings and Smith trades this year....

Those signings/trades eerily remind me of the Elton Brand signing and the Andrew Bynum saga.

Honestly ask yourself..... would you rather be stuck with Jennings and Smith, missing the playoffs in this disaster of a season??

OR

Have as young of a roster as possible without wasting cap space on overrated players, allowing Drummond, KCP, and (less-so) Monroe develop, and try to obtain a top 3 pick in one of the strongest drafts in recent memory??

I think the answer is obvious here.

I would much rather be in your position. We look terrible on all accounts except for Drummond. I was just arguing that you guys wont be a playoff contender next year.

jerellh528
03-28-2014, 02:51 PM
Taking tanking to a whole new level

SeoulBeatz
03-28-2014, 02:53 PM
I would much rather be in your position. We look terrible on all accounts except for Drummond. I was just arguing that you guys wont be a playoff contender next year.

No worries man, like TonyStark said we might end up with the 4th-5th pick and people can say we wasted an entire season.

But the Sixers fanbase is so fed up with a decade of mediocrity it was about time we took a risk and fully committed to the tank.

Avenged
03-28-2014, 04:48 PM
And they probably still won't get #1 in the draft.

torocan
03-28-2014, 04:51 PM
And they probably still won't get #1 in the draft.

This year is SO deep they don't need it. Any of the top 5 are pretty darn good.

sunsfan88
03-28-2014, 04:58 PM

PG MCW
SG Wiggins
SF Thad Young
PF Noah Vonleh
C Nerlnes Noal
Doesn't matter, ask the Bucks and Bobcats how hard it is to get rid of a losing culture.

Guppyfighter
03-28-2014, 05:18 PM
Doesn't matter, ask the Bucks and Bobcats how hard it is to get rid of a losing culture.

Bucks don't have a losing culture and the Bobcats are in the playoffs comfortably right now.

Culture is overrated. As long as you make smart decisions you are going to eventually win.

NoahH
03-28-2014, 06:09 PM

SO hard you have to change your name

Tony_Starks
03-28-2014, 06:48 PM
No worries man, like TonyStark said we might end up with the 4th-5th pick and people can say we wasted an entire season.

But the Sixers fanbase is so fed up with a decade of mediocrity it was about time we took a risk and fully committed to the tank.

Only risk is eventually you're going to have to add some legit FA's. You can't just field a college team forever and any respectable player is going to think long and hard about going to, or even staying with a perpetual 30 win team....

NBA_Starter
03-28-2014, 09:06 PM
I really feel bad for these men, they are professionals and I know that losing kills them.

sunsfan88
04-02-2014, 01:34 AM
SO hard you have to change your name

What?

sunsfan88
04-02-2014, 01:36 AM
Bucks don't have a losing culture and the Bobcats are in the playoffs comfortably right now.

Culture is overrated. As long as you make smart decisions you are going to eventually win.
Teams won't want to play where there is a losing culture though. And now all the FAs care about is teaming up somewhere and winning.

You think any borderline star will sign with Philly unless Philly overpays like crazy for them? Even MCW will want to leave Philly when becomes a RFA and then after the Sixers match or give him a ridiculous deal, he will coast and just suck on purpose (aka Eric Gordon style) or demand a trade.

NoahH
04-02-2014, 02:31 AM
What?

Charlotte Bobcats had to change their name to Charlotte Hornets to end their losing culture

sunsfan88
04-02-2014, 03:11 AM
Charlotte Bobcats had to change their name to Charlotte Hornets to end their losing culture
Gotcha. Their still the Bobcats though ;)

EvanTurner
04-02-2014, 03:31 AM
Only risk is eventually you're going to have to add some legit FA's. You can't just field a college team forever and any respectable player is going to think long and hard about going to, or even staying with a perpetual 30 win team....

So you saying nobody is going to want to play with every star thats ever come from college? They all frickin come from college! So its foolish for you to say oh eventually your going tonhave to sign some free agents to also come play with yiur kevin durants and westbrooks... Are they really goin to want to come play with durant and westbrook after seeing them win 30 games as they were developing into superstars? Dude you make no sense. Hardly any of you in this thread make any sense.

The 76ers will be loaded with you g talent come next nba season. 7 draft picks total and two in the lottery one of them will be top 3 lol. Theyll land 2 stars and rack of good role players to pair with mcw and noel. If all goes well as it shoukd we wont need to beg anybody to come here because he core will be home grown and all we will loom to sign is some veteran ROLE players which are always available

EvanTurner
04-02-2014, 03:35 AM
Its even dumber to suggest mcw will leave. Him and noel both said they want to be part of the turn around bringing championships to a organization thats been down for a while. They will be here a long long time and im sure there not worried about losing like this every year because it wont happen. After this draft the sixerz will have tons of talent for mcw and noel to play with and theyll all develope together under a great coach in brett brown. Plus we have all the cap in the world to retain our guys and bring in veteran role players.

urban85disciple
04-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Teams won't want to play where there is a losing culture though. And now all the FAs care about is teaming up somewhere and winning.

You think any borderline star will sign with Philly unless Philly overpays like crazy for them? Even MCW will want to leave Philly when becomes a RFA and then after the Sixers match or give him a ridiculous deal, he will coast and just suck on purpose (aka Eric Gordon style) or demand a trade.

This is just dumb!

MCW is a rookie; he's not going anywhere until 2018. How is he leaving as a RFA? And I can't even comment on "he will just suck on purpose (aka Gordon style)." Nothing you said makes any sense.

As for perpetually losing and not attracting players:

1. Philly is a top-5 market
2. We've missed the playoffs 6 times in the last 16 years
3. A rebuilding team is more attractive than a perpetual 7th/8th seed
4. If all FAs care about is teaming up to win a 'chip, we have more cap room than anyone, plus draft picks, plus an attractive market, plus a great NBA history
5. The East is so weak, we could easily be competing in 3 years

Westbrook36
04-02-2014, 02:19 PM

If everything fails and the draft picks we select don't show promise then people wouldn't want to come here. The whole reason for the losing culture RIGHT NOW is to create a better FUTURE. Thus, for example, if we select Wiggins/Parker/Randle with our lottery pick and someone like Gary Harris/Zach LaVine/Etc with the pelicans. Let's say Wiggins becomes a star type player that people project, MCW develops some more to become a Top 10 PG, and Noel becomes a 10/10 defensive anchor. Now, those are big ifs, but that's why you rebuild to have that type of potential. Then obviously the 76ers look much more attractive for a star player to sign with them, no?

Carter Williams is locked up for at least the next 4 years..I have some faith we'll be much better and out of the depths of the east between that time frame.

slashsnake
04-02-2014, 02:48 PM
This is just dumb!

MCW is a rookie; he's not going anywhere until 2018. How is he leaving as a RFA? And I can't even comment on "he will just suck on purpose (aka Gordon style)." Nothing you said makes any sense.

As for perpetually losing and not attracting players:

1. Philly is a top-5 market
2. We've missed the playoffs 6 times in the last 16 years
3. A rebuilding team is more attractive than a perpetual 7th/8th seed
4. If all FAs care about is teaming up to win a 'chip, we have more cap room than anyone, plus draft picks, plus an attractive market, plus a great NBA history
5. The East is so weak, we could easily be competing in 3 years

Good post.

But I've never seen Philly as a top 5 market for free agents though. Not like NY, NJ, LA (either of them), or Miami. Erving comes to mind 30+ years ago. McGinnis for a few years before that. But who's next? George Lynch maybe? Philly is quite a quiet team when it comes to free agency. Not sure if that is the owner not willing to go into the luxury tax (don't follow them well enough to know, but if he isn't willing to spend, well there's not a lot of hope in FA) or what.

As for #5... I think that is true. Heck if the pieces fall right, a #1 worthy player in what many say could be a great draft, MCW continuing to improve, a healthy Noel, well they might have a team competing for a playoff spot next year.

And missing the playoffs 6 times in 16 years in a weak conference where over half the teams make it doesn't really impress. Missing the playoffs 3 out of the last 5 years and getting out of the first round once since Larry Brown left over 10 years ago is more telling to me than what the team did 16 years ago.