PDA

View Full Version : 'Antoni not talking to his players?

JasonJohnHorn
03-26-2014, 06:20 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/chris-kaman-says-he-hasnt-talked-to-mike-dantoni-in-three-weeks-297587.html

Nobody else posted this, or I haven't seen it.

Does anybody else find it odd that 'Antoni hasn't spoken to this guy?

When the Lakers signed him, I assumed Pau would move to power forward and he's start at center, instead he's missed over 30 games with DNP-CDs including 10 straight before Pau went down.

This guy is still a solid rebound, and competent scorer.

It seems odd that a head coach wouldn't speak to an active player for three weeks. Does anybody else find it odd that this guy isn't playing and that the coach isn't even talking to him.

Something fishy is going on here.

P&GRealist
03-26-2014, 06:30 PM
For a guy that posts a lot about the NBA, you don't seem to follow things that have been going on for MONTHS.

This is nothing new, Kaman, Gasol, Kobe, Farmar all hate D'Antoni, and at the trade deadline, management told the players to keep still and wait and let this season run it's course.

D'Antoni is gone the night after they get blown out at San Antonio on the final day of the regular season.

waveycrockett
03-26-2014, 06:41 PM
I think D'Antoni is an underrated HC. Never has the right players for his system but his biggest draw back is that he is an ahole. Guys who dont buy into his system ie Melo, Marbury, Zach Randolph etc..he basically ignores.

kobebabe
03-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Kaman doesn't care about MDA either. Fare game imo

NYKnickFanatic
03-26-2014, 06:50 PM
I think D'Antoni is an underrated HC. Never has the right players for his system but his biggest draw back is that he is an ahole. Guys who dont buy into his system ie Melo, Marbury, Zach Randolph etc..he basically ignores.

Marbury would have been great under D'antoni, IMO, but he didn't even give Marbury a chance and didn't even play him.

SPURSFAN1
03-26-2014, 07:19 PM
Kaman is a scrub.

Kyben36
03-26-2014, 07:24 PM

he is a terrible head coach, doesnt run an offense outside of hacking 3s and pick and rolls,

still find this day hilarious

We worked for a half-hour on (defense)," D'Antoni retorted. "You're starting to (expletive) me off. You're starting to (expletive) me off because you're saying something that's not factually correct. "

the guy is a joke of a coach and makes Vinny del Negro look good.

NBA_Starter
03-26-2014, 08:14 PM
After this year, HE GONE.

ewing
03-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Marbury would have been great under D'antoni, IMO, but he didn't even give Marbury a chance and didn't even play him.

but he was a cancer for everyone else.

KnicksorBust
03-26-2014, 08:23 PM

Or maybe was Phoenix with Nash the perfect storm for him. I agree that offensively he knows how to create a system that produces easy looks and elevates the game of PGs. However as someone who knows all too well about his inability to make in-game adjustments-lack of accountability-lack of defensive coaching-and inability to connect to his players... I truly believe he is just a brilliant but extremely limitted coach.

JohnStockton
03-26-2014, 08:51 PM
WOW! You only have like four power forwards and centers available, and you haven't even spoken to one of them in three weeks? You see these guys almost every day! Just WOW! That is so unprofessional on the part of the coach.

If Kaman were in Miami, there wouldn't even be a point to finishing the season. This is the kind of guy who could put a contender over the top, and he's just wasting away at the end of the bench on a lottery team.

Something tells me D'atoni is intentionally tanking. I can't think of any other reason not to play the guy.

Hawkeye15
03-26-2014, 08:53 PM
Nash made Mike D's career, and it's obvious that he really isn't that good of a coach.

Tony_Starks
03-27-2014, 01:52 AM
he is a terrible head coach, doesnt run an offense outside of hacking 3s and pick and rolls,

still find this day hilarious

the guy is a joke of a coach and makes Vinny del Negro look good.

I will never forget that day. I seriously thought he was joking at first.... 30 minutes? Foreal?

Also in Phoenix Steve Kerr wanted to make Thibbs like his defensive coordinator before he went to Chicago. He basically refused and ran to New York. He's a stubborn fool.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-27-2014, 02:04 AM
lol kaman is horrible...

majmarcus
03-27-2014, 04:09 AM
Him not talking to his players only makes sense considering the fact that he doesnt coach them...

ManningToTyree
03-27-2014, 08:19 AM
When will this guy stop getting jobs? The cat is out of the bag. On his best day he is a great offensive mind but nowhere near a competent head coach.

Chronz
03-27-2014, 12:50 PM
For a team thats not going anywhere, they should be playing Kaman HEAVY minutes. Dude will practically guarantee that your offense/defense sucks

JasonJohnHorn
03-27-2014, 01:53 PM
For a team thats not going anywhere, they should be playing Kaman HEAVY minutes. Dude will practically guarantee that your offense/defense sucks

Ouch! That's harsh! lol

I think I like Kaman a little more than you.... but I will agree, his defense could certainly be better. But he is a solid rebounder and he hits more shots than he misses, so there something to be said for that.

Love that video int he sig btw.... BRILLIANT!!!

Chronz
03-27-2014, 03:18 PM
Ouch! That's harsh! lol

I think I like Kaman a little more than you.... but I will agree, his defense could certainly be better. But he is a solid rebounder and he hits more shots than he misses, so there something to be said for that.

Love that video int he sig btw.... BRILLIANT!!!

If you only knew just how much of a hard on I had for Kamans game when he was playing with the Clips, you would know why I've grown to hate him. He had those beautiful hooks and could sometimes catch fire from the perimeter, he had his moments but over time preferred his jumper and his game was never truly effective to a contending team, like a scorned lover, hes lost all hope to me.

Hes an ok defensive rebounder, prolly well below average offensively which is one factor why focusing on fg% alone ignores his low efficiency, with high turnovers, low fta, assists being other factors.