PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Livingston's Road Back

Clippersfan86
03-26-2014, 01:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPR9s0pIFUA&app=desktop

Such an amazing story this year. Dude is about to play his way into a nice contract. One of my favorite Clippers ever, so happy for him.

TheMightyHumph
03-26-2014, 01:43 AM
Shaun has had a very good season in a situation where he fits very well.

I'm hoping Nets can convince Shaun to take a two year MMLE contract, with the 2nd season being a player option, so that if Shaun plays well, he can opt out and sign with Nets for more money, as Nets will then have his Early Bird Rights.

However, if Shaun decides to go for a longer contract for more money, I wish him luck. Not sure he'll find the same playing circumstances with another team.

Chronz
03-26-2014, 01:49 AM
Shaun has had a very good season in a situation where he fits very well.

I'm hoping Nets can convince Shaun to take a two year MMLE contract, with the 2nd season being a player option, so that if Shaun plays well, he can opt out and sign with Nets for more money, as Nets will then have his Early Bird Rights.

However, if Shaun decides to go for a longer contract for more money, I wish him luck. Not sure he'll find the same playing circumstances with another team.

Yea hes still pretty ball dominant but he can give you alot of versatility in some set ups. Whats the MMLE worth anyways? If its less than 3M, I dont think he takes it.

goingfor28
03-26-2014, 08:37 AM
Definitely am awesome story. That knee injury was brutal. Very happy for him

black1605
03-26-2014, 12:55 PM
I enjoyed having him in Charlotte for a year. Solid backup.

waveycrockett
03-26-2014, 06:34 PM
I was really disappointed with Livingston the 1st 2 months of the season but then Kidd inserted him into the starting lineup and his level of play went thru the roof especially defensively. He has basically become what Rajon Rondo was to the celtics in terms that his job is to take care of everything except scoring. He is extremely unselfish, he is a terrific defender he can guard 4 positions, he has all the intangibles of a great PG, a good post game. His only draw back is that he can't shoot at all outside of 10 feet.

I think he has really formed a bond with Kidd and has great respect for the Nets organization so he will take less money and we will give him a pay day down the road.

NBA_Starter
03-26-2014, 08:13 PM
What a Great story, he is a good kid.

JJ_JKidd
03-26-2014, 08:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPR9s0pIFUA&app=desktop

Such an amazing story this year. Dude is about to play his way into a nice contract. One of my favorite Clippers ever, so happy for him.

IMHO this should be one of the stories making headlines this season. Its long overdue TBH. Guy breaks his leg, comes back, and is one of the reason for the Nets turnaround.