PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Mark Jackson In Hot Water With Golden State Front Office, Tried To Jump Ship?

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 05:27 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/warriors-coach-mark-jackson-forces-reassignment-of-assistant-brian-scalabrine-184142899.html

Article by Woj.

In what's become an increasingly dysfunctional atmosphere, Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson has forced a reassignment of assistant coach Brian Scalabrine, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Ownership and management have been strong advocates of Scalabrine and his performance on the job, sources told Yahoo Sports. Nevertheless, Warriors officials decided that as long as Jackson is the head coach, he'll have control of his coaching staff.

It is immediately unclear what kind of a role to which the Warriors will transition Scalabrine, but management has no intention of letting him leave the organization, sources said.
Over the past two years, Jackson's difficulty with managing his coaching staff and creating a functional work environment has developed into one of the issues that threatens his future on the job, league sources said.

Scalabrine, who joined the staff in July, was Jackson's choice as an assistant coach. For two straight years, Jackson has had issues with assistant coaches that he hired. Michael Malone and Jackson would go weeks without speaking to each other a year ago, league sources said. Malone left Golden State to become the head coach of the Sacramento Kings.

Jackson, in his third year at the helm of the Warriors, has one year left on his contract, but has come under increased scrutiny within the organization for how he has run the team and worked on the job. There have been no conversations about an extension for Jackson nor are they expected to take place, sources said.

Jackson, 48, had tried and failed to get involved with several head-coaching openings over the past year, including the Los Angeles Clippers and Brooklyn Nets, league sources said.

Anyone notice the last sentence in the part I pasted? Over the last YEAR Jackson has tried to jump ship for Clippers and Nets jobs.

Slug3
03-25-2014, 05:30 PM
So he had a head coaching job and tried to get another?

BALLER R
03-25-2014, 05:31 PM
If that's true I would fire him after this season.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 05:31 PM
So he had a head coaching job and tried to get another?

According to Woj he tried for two others lmao.

Ill21
03-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Bring him to the Knicks

sunsfan88
03-25-2014, 05:40 PM
He got rid of the White Mamba apparently.

Lakers + Giants
03-25-2014, 05:40 PM
I honestly believe it, it's Woj. Can't question him.

LAKobeBryant
03-25-2014, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure how big of a impact Jackson been to get warriors a playoffs team

blastmasta26
03-25-2014, 05:43 PM
If that's true I would fire him after this season.

Yeah having trouble with his own assistants and then trying to leave is probably not something I'd tolerate.

Bruno
03-25-2014, 05:43 PM
your coach can't be a cancer. he's gotta go.

smith&wesson
03-25-2014, 05:45 PM
Mark Jackson is a good nba head coach. If the warriors dont want him, my raptors will be happy to sign him next off season.

they can keep brian scalabrine lol

AddiX
03-25-2014, 05:45 PM
I cant blame him, he's the head coach, and he feels the front office is backing freaking Brian Scalibrini over him.

I'd want out too.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Jackson comes off like a real punk. Even Doc who I've never heard call out colleagues had something to say about Jackson's antics. He's the most immature coach I have ever seen probably. It's no surprise this is how he carries himself off the court too.

smith&wesson
03-25-2014, 05:47 PM
your coach can't be a cancer. he's gotta go.

why do people insist on using the word "cancer" it is very inappropriate.

in any case, I disagree withyou. I think a head coach should be able to get his own coaching staff and have the confidence from upper management in doing so.

Mark Jackson is a good coach, and if the Warriors look a littler closer they will realize there isnt very many of them available these days. It is alot easier to replace an assistant.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 05:50 PM
Okay people, read this post, ignore all of the others. Everyone needs to calm down.

1. Scalabrine has been sent to the D-league, it's very likely that they're wanting him to get more coaching experience there because he'll be more involved than he is now with the Dubs. It makes sense.

Anyone notice the last sentence in the part I pasted? Over the last YEAR Jackson has tried to jump ship for Clippers and Nets jobs.

2. His contract is running out soon. If you had just over a year left on your contract at your job, would you NOT look for other options? He's simply covering his bases. Settle down ladies.

If he has to go, he has to go. But people are overreacting and reading into this far too much. Notice there's no reports of Scal and Jackson not getting along, there's no reports of Jackson being offered an extension. It's logical that Scal has been assigned to the D-league for experience, and Jackson has been looking at jobs because there's no sign of an extension in Golden State.

Take a breath.

smith&wesson
03-25-2014, 05:51 PM
Jackson comes off like a real punk. Even Doc who I've never heard call out colleagues had something to say about Jackson's antics. He's the most immature coach I have ever seen probably. It's no surprise this is how he carries himself off the court too.

most immature has to be smitch... he litterally choked rafer alston and tried to fight vince carter

Goose17
03-25-2014, 05:53 PM

LOL, It was the Clippers that refused to have chapel with the Dubs and banned them from their own. No other team in the league has EVER done that to a rival. Don't sit there talking about acting like a punk and being immature when you back a franchise that behaves like that.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 05:53 PM
most immature has to be smitch... he litterally choked rafer alston and tried to fight vince carter

Don't know what smitch means, or if that was a typo. The guy acts like an *** sometimes and oversteps bounds I haven't seen other coaches do. Compare him to other young coaches like Hornacek if you want to see the difference in class.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 05:55 PM
LOL, It was the Clippers that refused to have chapel with the Dubs and banned them from their own. No other team in the league has EVER done that to a rival. Don't sit there talking about acting like a punk and being immature when you back a franchise that behaves like that.

Don't play the victim and tell the middle of the story without the rest. That was after a year of the Warriors ********. Players and Jackson going to the media calling out our players, Jackson getting into staring matches and immature ******** with our players on the sidelines. Jackson multiple times told the media bad **** about our team being floppers etc postgame. Which other coach with dignity runs around saying **** like that? Even if they think it, you handle that **** behind closed doors. Try to find one thing in the media of the Clippers talking. It was only this year that finally our players/coaches said something when Griffin said the Warriors acted "cowardly", when they intentionally flagrantly fouled him twice which got him tossed.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 05:56 PM
I would like to call him an idiot, but Im too classy for that.

goingfor28
03-25-2014, 05:56 PM
Looool screw him

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 05:58 PM
I would like to call him an idiot, but Im too classy for that.

Yes do you remember the date of that? Like I said.. middle of the story. That's what I referred to early when I said Doc called out a coach which I've never heard of him doing in his 13 year or whatever coaching career. That was the 2nd time we played you this year after all of last season where the Warriors pulled the hard fouls, taunting, talking trash in media antics.

Embrace the facts bro. Most NBA fans including me love the return of smashmouth basketball. Just don't act like the Clippers were the ones to get that situation going. Mark Jackson LAST YEAR called the Clippers floppers. Then as you know he's tried to instigate or stare down our players on sidelines multiple times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En4E63Y7dkk

Clippers probably laughed their ***** off at him when he came looking for a job LMAO.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 05:59 PM
Don't play the victim and tell the middle of the story without the rest. That was after a year of the Warriors ********. Players and Jackson going to the media calling out our players, Jackson getting into staring matches and immature ******** with our players on the sidelines. Try to find one thing in the media of the Clippers talking. It was only this year that finally our players/coaches said something when Griffin said the Warriors acted "cowardly", when they intentionally flagrantly fouled him twice which got him tossed.

LOL, ********. Jackson was defending his players because your team kept flopping and trash talking, then of course there was Blake trying to stand on Jacksons foot and backed into him unnecessarily, and you want to call Jackson immature?

The chapel thing happened long before anything else.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 06:01 PM
Yes do you remember the date of that? Like I said.. middle of the story. That's what I referred to early when I said Doc called out a coach which I've never heard of him doing in his 13 year or whatever coaching career. That was the 2nd time we played you this year after all of last season where the Warriors pulled the hard fouls, taunting, talking trash in media antics.

You do realise I'm quoting what Doc Rivers said about Bill Simmons after Simmons accused him of abandoning Boston right? Nothing to do with the Dubs buddy. Good to know that you know your team so well.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 06:02 PM
Mark Jackson LAST YEAR called the Clippers floppers.

Maybe you should take your own advice,

Embrace the facts bro.

He was only stating facts when he said that.

And it was October last year that your team refused to have chapel.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 06:03 PM
LOL, ********. Jackson was defending his players because your team kept flopping and trash talking, then of course there was Blake trying to stand on Jacksons foot and backed into him unnecessarily, and you want to call Jackson immature?

The chapel thing happened long before anything else.

Lol NO it did not. The chapel incident happened THIS year. Last year the Warriors brought other drama. The dirty fouls, the taunting, Jackson calling the Clippers floppers in a postgame interview... Remember last year when you blew us out by like 20 in Oracle and he was all pumped on the sidelines? Then the next week we beat you in LA by like 32 and the dude was staring down our players and cried to the media afterwards calling our team showboats?

Goose17
03-25-2014, 06:04 PM
And why didn't you reply to my first post? You were overreacting to the article.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Lol NO it did not. The chapel incident happened THIS year. Last year the Warriors brought other drama. The dirty fouls, the taunting, Jackson calling the Clippers floppers in a postgame interview... Remember last year when you blew us out by like 20 in Oracle and he was all pumped on the sidelines? Then the next week we beat you in LA by like 32 and the dude was staring down our players and cried to the media afterwards calling our team showboats?

1. It happened in October 2013, that IS last year.
2. The Clippers ARE floppers.
3. The Clippers used just as many dirty fouls, especially on Lee and Curry.
4. The Clippers were taunting just as much, especially Blake and Deandre.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 06:06 PM
Maybe you should take your own advice,

He was only stating facts when he said that.

And it was October last year that your team refused to have chapel.

Which would of been the home opener I went to then. Nonetheless... the "drama" started last year, maybe the year before a little bit... not this year. Also you're right I crossed the line for Bill Simmons, only because he said something similar about Jackson after a game this year (game 2 or 3 when we lost) but put it more gently.

Last year the Clippers hardly flopped at all, as most teams due to the new fines. So two years ago I'd say it was fact, last year.. I'd say he was just being a punk.

TrueFan420
03-25-2014, 06:10 PM
Good god I hope they fire him and replace him with Jeff Van Gundy or a proven head coach

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 06:10 PM
1. It happened in October 2013, that IS last year.
2. The Clippers ARE floppers.
3. The Clippers used just as many dirty fouls, especially on Lee and Curry.
4. The Clippers were taunting just as much, especially Blake and Deandre.

1. The Clippers WERE floppers.

2. Clippers have never been known to be dirty LMAO, In fact I regularly think they are being ******* because they almost never deliver hard fouls. They sure as hell don't have a green light to regularly hit any of your players like ya'll do for Griffin.

3. Blake and DJ are very flashy and you could argue showboat... but have always carried themselves with class. DJ has more of a tendency to pound his chest a bit and scream like Curry does for you, but Blake doesn't even stare at anybody anymore. He scores and walks down to the other end. Never have I seen either taunt really. Talking trash is done by everybody, I wasn't referring to on court trash talk, but rather media stuff. Try to think of one thing of a Clippers player or coach talking bad about the Warriors.

Anyways we are derailing this thread a bit, let's drop it. Just saying Jackson DOES seem like the type who would do crap like this. The nutchecking of assistants and trying to jump ship.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Which would of been the home opener I went to then. Nonetheless... the "drama" started last year, maybe the year before a little bit... not this year. Also you're right I crossed the line for Bill Simmons, only because he said something similar about Jackson after a game this year (game 2 or 3 when we lost) but put it more gently.

Last year the Clippers hardly flopped at all, as most teams due to the new fines. So two years ago I'd say it was fact, last year.. I'd say he was just being a punk.

This season the Clippers haven't been flopping, last season they definitely were. Especially Blake.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8360/8397545394_d6668ecb05_o.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cdydJGTk_I

Number one flop of the 2012-13 season was surely this one from cp3^

And CP3 already had a flop warning from the league this year so... it's not completely over. They sure as hell flop much less now though, almost never.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 06:14 PM
The nutchecking of assistants and trying to jump ship.

He's doing neither of those things, read my very first post. You're overreacting.

DreamShaker
03-25-2014, 06:16 PM
You do realise I'm quoting what Doc Rivers said about Bill Simmons after Simmons accused him of abandoning Boston right? Nothing to do with the Dubs buddy. Good to know that you know your team so well.

That was during an interview for the NBA draft. Then it suddenly cuts to Simmons having to awkwardly respond. Lol. I remember that vividly. To Doc's credit, Simmons did write they made ammends.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 06:16 PM
This season the Clippers haven't been flopping, last season they definitely were. Especially Blake.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8360/8397545394_d6668ecb05_o.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cdydJGTk_I

Number one flop of the 2012-13 season was surely this one from cp3^

And CP3 already had a flop warning from the league this year so... it's not completely over. They sure as hell flop much less now though, almost never.

Oddly enough Blake didn't flop at all really last year and most non Clippers fans who watched the Clippers would back me there. The only two supposed flops you'll find is him avoiding Nene's swinging elbow (how is that a flop?) and the one where Ezeli yanked his arm with two hands as he was gathering for a for a dunk with forward momentum. Both borderline flops at absolute best, not recognized by the NBA as a flop.

CP3 flopped a few times, but again flopping wasn't a big thing on our team like it was in 2011-2012.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 06:18 PM
That was during an interview for the NBA draft. Then it suddenly cuts to Simmons having to awkwardly respond. Lol. I remember that vividly. To Doc's credit, Simmons did write they made ammends.

Now that I think of it though why did Goose post that? I said Doc never badmouthed a COLLEAGUE as in a fellow coach. I'm sure he's fired back at so called analysts and media people plenty like most other coaches have. The point was for Doc to subtly take a shot at Mark Jackson a couple times after the game was surprising, because he seems very close with every coach league wide. Mark's the only guy who has pissed Doc off this year.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 06:20 PM
Good god I hope they fire him and replace him with Jeff Van Gundy or a proven head coach

Yeah replace him with JVG, a guy that said Curry would NEVER make it as a professional baller and that David Lee was incapable of playing winning basketball. I'm sure that would be great for chemistry.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 06:21 PM
Yeah replace him with JVG, a guy that said Curry would NEVER make it as a professional baller and that David Lee was incapable of playing winning basketball. I'm sure that would be great for chemistry.

Goose you think an improved Vinny Del Negro is good enough to take your team to the promise land? Be honest dude.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Now that I think of it though why did Goose post that?

Because you referred to him as classy and not immature. Calling someone "stupid" or an "idiot" is about as immature as it gets. It's grade school insults.

P&GRealist
03-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Mark Jackson is Laker bound next season.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Goose you think an improved Vinny Del Negro is good enough to take your team to the promise land? Be honest dude.

Vinny Del Negro is an awful coach. Can't compare him to any of the names mentioned in here.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Did you go back and read my first post Clippersfan?

smith&wesson
03-25-2014, 06:26 PM
Don't know what smitch means, or if that was a typo. The guy acts like an *** sometimes and oversteps bounds I haven't seen other coaches do. Compare him to other young coaches like Hornacek if you want to see the difference in class.

smitch is sam mitchel....

could you give me an example of how he over steps his boundries ? im just un aware. What I am aware of though is tht the has done a good job with the team and players and really thats all I judge him on. but mayber there is something i dont know.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 06:28 PM
smitch is sam mitchel....

could you give me an example of how he over steps his boundries ? im just un aware. What I am aware of though is tht the has done a good job with the team and players and really thats all I judge him on. but mayber there is something i dont know.

Well in my experience, what I listed. Went out of his way to call the Clippers floppers to the media. I've seen players do that but which head coaches, even if they THINK something will call out another team? It's pretty rare. Then you have him practically being restrained by assistants from getting into it with players on opposing teams. Things like that... those kind of antics rub me wrong, even if they weren't against my team. I'm sure as a COACH he'd be an upgrade though over Sam of course. Then again you guys have really turned the corner since Gay was traded, doesn't he get any credit?

Goose17
03-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Speaking of coachies, the Hunter/Gentry history can't be helping this rivalry LOL.

Clips and Warriors were destined to beef like this, god I hope we get them in the playoffs.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 06:30 PM
Because you referred to him as classy and not immature. Calling someone "stupid" or an "idiot" is about as immature as it gets. It's grade school insults.

Simmons PERSONALLY attacked the man mercilessly for a week or two daily in multiple media forums before Doc said that. I think it was more that he had enough and slipped up a bit, still would be considered classy as a whole. Simmons is a known troll and shitstarter with no respect for colleagues. Have you seen the way he goes at Magic on the air?

TrueFan420
03-25-2014, 06:31 PM

People say stuff, their all adults and can move on from that. Jeff is the better coach and can take us further than Jackson.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 06:31 PM
Speaking of coachies, the Hunter/Gentry history can't be helping this rivalry LOL.

Clips and Warriors were destined to beef like this, god I hope we get them in the playoffs.

What history is that? I didn't know Lindsay Hunter/Alvin Gentry had any drama? Was it related to the Phoenix coaching job?

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Honestly I think if Jackson left the Warriors I'd like them more again. I blame him for the antics because I KNOW he's telling his players to do it. I was a huge Bogut fan when he was in Milwaukee and although he's always been "tough", he's never been a goon like Jackson has turned him into against us. Steph, Lee and Iggy have always been classy in my experience and I never had an issue supporting any of them. But under Jackson you have Lee acting like a tough guy on the court with Griffin and Curry staring our players down as he pounds his chest celebrating shots.

He's added a "swag" to the Warriors which is fun to watch, but annoying when they are doing that stuff against the team you follow.

smith&wesson
03-25-2014, 06:35 PM
Well in my experience, what I listed. Went out of his way to call the Clippers floppers to the media. I've seen players do that but which head coaches, even if they THINK something will call out another team? It's pretty rare. Then you have him practically being restrained by assistants from getting into it with players on opposing teams. Things like that... those kind of antics rub me wrong, even if they weren't against my team. I'm sure as a COACH he'd be an upgrade though over Sam of course. Then again you guys have really turned the corner since Gay was traded, doesn't he get any credit?

no bro sam mitchel was fired long ago. casey gets some credit yest, but i would still consider mark jackson an upgrade over him.

George Karl accused alot.. but I get what youre saying, its the antics that you dong agree with. type of caoch id hate on the apposing team but would love on my own. but I respect your opinion. some fans want to see more class from their hc and thats fair enough.

COOLbeans
03-25-2014, 06:35 PM

Embrace the facts bro. Most NBA fans including me love the return of smashmouth basketball. Just don't act like the Clippers were the ones to get that situation going. Mark Jackson LAST YEAR called the Clippers floppers. Then as you know he's tried to instigate or stare down our players on sidelines multiple times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En4E63Y7dkk

Clippers probably laughed their ***** off at him when he came looking for a job LMAO.

you act like you've been closely following Doc River's coaching career for like 13 years. Even before he became the Clippers coach..:laugh2: You should laugh at yourself for that lie.

houstonfan
03-25-2014, 06:36 PM

We dont agree on much, but I 100% agree with this.

Chronz
03-25-2014, 06:36 PM
Simmons PERSONALLY attacked the man mercilessly for a week or two daily in multiple media forums before Doc said that. I think it was more that he had enough and slipped up a bit, still would be considered classy as a whole. Simmons is a known troll and shitstarter with no respect for colleagues. Have you seen the way he goes at Magic on the air?

What does he do to Magic again?

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 06:39 PM
no bro sam mitchel was fired long ago. casey gets some credit yest, but i would still consider mark jackson an upgrade over him.

George Karl accused alot.. but I get what youre saying, its the antics that you dong agree with. type of caoch id hate on the apposing team but would love on my own. but I respect your opinion. some fans want to see more class from their hc and thats fair enough.

God I'm so behind on Raptors ball. Since you guys are never on national TV and I don't have a league pass.. I pretty much only get to watch popular teams and my own team. I do remember now that you guys hired Dwyane Casey. Wasn't he the one who competed against Del Negro for the Clippers job lol? I'm forgetting.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Went out of his way to call the Clippers floppers to the media. I've seen players do that but which head coaches, even if they THINK something will call out another team? It's pretty rare.

You haven't been following this league for long have you? Coaches say **** about other coaches and teams all of the time.

Phil Jackson called Jason Williams a white supremacist, and he compared Rick Adelman to Hitler. Isiah Thomas ignited the brawl against Denver by telling his players to foul the Nuggets VERY hard and VERY often in the paint. P.J. Carlesimo would use racial slurs to motivate players. John Kuester almost got into a fight on the court with Tayshaun Prince.

The list goes on.

Then you have him practically being restrained by assistants from getting into it with players on opposing teams.

First of all, Blake incited that. Secondly, why is that a bad thing? He's backing up his players, defending them and he used to be a player himself, he's not going to take any ****, I admire that.

It's not like he's George Karl, lurking in the shadows, ordering players to target Steph Curry's ankles out of desperation because he knows he's about to lose.

There's much worse things coaches have done, most of which we'll never hear about.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 06:41 PM
you act like you've been closely following Doc River's coaching career for like 13 years. Even before he became the Clippers coach..:laugh2: You should laugh at yourself for that lie.

Never claimed to be an expert.. but I was a Clippers fan, who also loved watching Mcgrady's Magic team Doc coached. I've been an NBA fan as long as he's been coaching, so although I wouldn't know what a fan of these teams would know, I'm not entirely in the dark.

jp611
03-25-2014, 06:42 PM
This is probably the best news for GS fans.

He's a horrible coach, anyway. If they can get rid of him, it actually benefits them.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 06:45 PM
You haven't been following this league for long have you? Coaches say **** about other coaches and teams all of the time.

Phil Jackson called Jason Williams a white supremacist, and he compared Rick Adelman to Hitler. Isiah Thomas ignited the brawl against Denver by telling his players to foul the Nuggets VERY hard and VERY often in the paint. P.J. Carlesimo would use racial slurs to motivate players. John Kuester almost got into a fight on the court with Tayshaun Prince.

The list goes on.

First of all, Blake incited that. Secondly, why is that a bad thing? He's backing up his players, defending them and he used to be a player himself, he's not going to take any ****, I admire that.

It's not like he's George Karl, lurking in the shadows, ordering players to target Steph Curry's ankles out of desperation because he knows he's about to lose.

There's much worse things coaches have done, most of which we'll never hear about.

You keep saying this but who is Blake going after that needs to be defended LMAO? Blake may instigate here and there but the dude has maybe given 4-5 hard fouls his entire career.. but NONE of our players have been goons that anybody needs to PROTECT. Matt Barnes even... has a short fuse but rarely starts things. Bottom line is Jackson tries to play mind games.

As for other coaches calling others out... I think it's a bit different. Guys like Phil Jackson have been coaching what 25+ years, won multiple titles... had multiple coaching/team rivalries etc. They are established and have a reason for what they say. Never have I seen a coach from day one be so arrogant. He crossed boundaries.

smith&wesson
03-25-2014, 06:45 PM
This is probably the best news for GS fans.

He's a horrible coach, anyway. If they can get rid of him, it actually benefits them.

based on ?

smith&wesson
03-25-2014, 06:47 PM
God I'm so behind on Raptors ball. Since you guys are never on national TV and I don't have a league pass.. I pretty much only get to watch popular teams and my own team. I do remember now that you guys hired Dwyane Casey. Wasn't he the one who competed against Del Negro for the Clippers job lol? I'm forgetting.

so sad but true...

I didnt know casey applied for the clippers job. he is a decent coach, better than del negro id say..

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 06:47 PM
What does he do to Magic again?

When they were doing pregame shows earlier this year there were a few super awkward, rude moments where Simmons just went at Magic about anti Lakers stuff and was obnoxious about it. He's a great sports WRITER but when it comes to NBA analysis on a set... the dude is an *** IMO.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 06:49 PM
so sad but true...

I didnt know casey applied for the clippers job. he is a decent coach, better than del negro id say..

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5329838

Yay my memory didn't fail me this time lol.

colinskik
03-25-2014, 06:52 PM
Oddly enough Blake didn't flop at all really last year and most non Clippers fans who watched the Clippers would back me there. The only two supposed flops you'll find is him avoiding Nene's swinging elbow (how is that a flop?) and the one where Ezeli yanked his arm with two hands as he was gathering for a for a dunk with forward momentum. Both borderline flops at absolute best, not recognized by the NBA as a flop.

CP3 flopped a few times, but again flopping wasn't a big thing on our team like it was in 2011-2012.

C'mon, man. If you're going to seriously argue that the Clips aren't floppers than you can't be saying things like this. The GIF is right there for everyone to see. He's blatantly overreacting, and flopping backwards to non-existent contact.

There's nothing to argue.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 06:55 PM
C'mon, man. If you're going to seriously argue that the Clips aren't floppers than you can't be saying things like this. The GIF is right there for everyone to see. He's blatantly overreacting, and flopping backwards to non-existent contact.

There's nothing to argue.

Should I follow your definition of a flop? Or what the league officially deems a flop? You could call it dramatic or an exaggeration of dodging an elbow, that's not what a flop is. Nonetheless.. if you want to convince me that based on one flop the league deemed not a flop... is enough to label Blake a flopper last year.. I'll laugh.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 06:55 PM
What history is that? I didn't know Lindsay Hunter/Alvin Gentry had any drama? Was it related to the Phoenix coaching job?

Yeah, apparently before Lindsey was on the coaching staff (on the bench as a player development guy) he would shout out instructions to players during games and completely undermined Gentry's coaching. He flat out denied all of it, not sure if the truth ever came out.

I was a huge Bogut fan when he was in Milwaukee and although he's always been "tough", he's never been a goon like Jackson has turned him into against us.

He's not any different to how he was in Milwaukee. And I side with Stephen A. Smith on this, every team should have a goon. I don't think that's Bogut, he's just a throwback, big and physical. But every team should have a goon. You need a guy who's not scared to get into it, who's going to push the boundaries and get under the opponents skin. Randolph, Rodman, Mourning, Lambeer, Mason and Oakley etc. Those guys have a place in this league.

I would say Jermaine O'Neal is our goon, not Bogut. Bogut is only half-goon at most.

Curry staring our players down as he pounds his chest celebrating shots.

LOL, what? EVERY player celebrates when they go on runs and make tough shots. You're acting like Curry is some arrogant ********, when he's actually one of the most humble players in the entire league.

He's added a "swag" to the Warriors which is fun to watch, but annoying when they are doing that stuff against the team you follow.

LOL, nah, Jackson is the furthest thing from swaggy. He made them hungry and kept guys humble. You clearly don't know him at all, you should go learn more about him. How many swaggy pastors do you know?

Goose17
03-25-2014, 07:00 PM
You keep saying this but who is Blake going after that needs to be defended LMAO?

It's not about NEEDING defended it's about backing up your players. If one of the Warriors was to get hit and every team mate and coach stood there and did nothing I would be pissed, they should be backing them up. You should always have their back. That's part of the deal.

Bottom line is Jackson tries to play mind games.

Name one coach that doesn't.

As for other coaches calling others out... I think it's a bit different. Guys like Phil Jackson have been coaching what 25+ years, won multiple titles... had multiple coaching/team rivalries etc. They are established and have a reason for what they say. Never have I seen a coach from day one be so arrogant. He crossed boundaries.

So if you're a successful coach you can say whatever you like? That's hypocrisy at it's finest.

And did you ever read my first post? I've said this like twelve times now, this entire thread is irrelevant.

Side note; I can't stand Simmons, just making the point that everyone talks ****.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Mark Jackson is far from a typical pastor. I don't know many petty pastors with vendettas or grudges either, but they exist. Warriors are humble LMFAO? That is a rambunctious, showboating, flashy team. Nothing about that team screams humility. OFF the court, absolutely great, intelligent guys. I'm talking on the court only.

I PERSONALLY like the players on your team quite a bit. My gripes are with Mark Jackson and the fans in Oracle cheering hard fouls, our players hitting the deck, chanting floppers 5 times a game etc. I RESPECT the fans at the games but they are pretty classless at times, specifically against the Clippers. That doesn't include the fans here on PSD, who I actually like, despite the clashing here and there.

I may not always see eye to eye with you guys but on a PERSONALLY level I like all of you Warriors fans here on PSD and I have no ill will.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2014, 07:04 PM
It's not about NEEDING defended it's about backing up your players. If one of the Warriors was to get hit and every team mate and coach stood there and did nothing I would be pissed, they should be backing them up. You should always have their back. That's part of the deal.

Name one coach that doesn't.

So if you're a successful coach you can say whatever you like? That's hypocrisy at it's finest.

And did you ever read my first post? I've said this like twelve times now, this entire thread is irrelevant.

Side note; I can't stand Simmons, just making the point that everyone talks ****.

It's not about hypocrisy. It's about substance and paying your dues. If you are the new guy at a job site you think any BS from you will be tolerated compared to a respected 20 year vet who's paid his dues? Jackson's rivalries with say Mike D'Antoni and others where he's traded shots... were built over years of rivalry. He wasn't a new coach on the block.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Warriors are humble LMFAO? That is a rambunctious, showboating, flashy team. Nothing about that team screams humility.

Everything about them screams humility. It's not like we're talking about "Lob City" or "Showtime 2.0" the Clippers are TEN times more flashy than the Warriors.

Being fast paced and being flashy are not the same thing.

fans in Oracle cheering hard fouls, our players hitting the deck, chanting floppers 5 times a game etc.

Well they are/were floppers, you need to accept that as a fact, and I cheer when they put a hard foul on one of your players, it shows they're playing hard, you're a rival, maybe you're a teen or something so are to young to remember? But that's how basketball was played in this league not so long ago. It's not about hurting people it's about not allowing easy dunks and layups. It's about playing physical.

On top of that your team is riddled with players that have a reputation for being arrogant and flopping. And after everything that has happened, no wonder our fans cheer for tough, physical play, it's a rivalry, it's supposed to be heated and intense, that's what's fun about it.

It's not on one side either, your guys constantly tug on jerseys, hold Curry, shove him out of bounds etc. They're cheering the retaliation, they're cheering guys having each others back and not taking any ****.

I RESPECT the fans at the games but they are pretty classless at times, specifically against the Clippers.

Nah, sorry. That's ********. They're some of the most classy and passionate fans in the league. At least they're proper fans, I mean come on, in L.A about half of staples is just bandwagon fans or rich guys. Especially now that the Lakers are gash.

I may not always see eye to eye with you guys but on a PERSONALLY level I like all of you Warriors fans here on PSD and I have no ill will.

I like most of the Clippers players (especially CP3 and Blake) and most Clippers fans that I've met. Until we play you. Then you can all burn in hell for all I care. And better believe I'm rooting to see some physical play.

Ebbs
03-25-2014, 07:19 PM
This seems fake. I mean it's woj. But it feels fabricated.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 07:19 PM
It's not about hypocrisy. It's about substance and paying your dues. If you are the new guy at a job site you think any BS from you will be tolerated compared to a respected 20 year vet who's paid his dues? Jackson's rivalries with say Mike D'Antoni and others where he's traded shots... were built over years of rivalry. He wasn't a new coach on the block.

I don't think it matters how long you've been doing a job, either it's all okay or none of it is. You can't pick and choose.

And calling a guy a Nazi or comparing someone to Hitler is much worse than calling someone a flopper.

On top of that, there's no time limit on how long you need to be in the league before you can defend your team and players. If guys are picking up fouls because some scum bag keeps flopping then you better ****ing call them out.

If I start a new job tomorrow and somebody tries to give me **** I'm not going to wait 20 years to respond, I'm going to tell them what I think.

Guess we just look for different things. I admire a coach that always has his players backs and isn't scared of any opponent, Popovich, Jackson etc. I dislike coaches that would just sit on the bench or stand at the sidelines doing nothing as their player gets fouled hard by every team in the league and doesn't get the calls etc. Doc doesn't fit either of those, he's more in between the two. He certainly voices his opinion.

Goose17
03-25-2014, 07:20 PM
And AGAIN, did you read my first post Clipsfan?

TheMightyHumph
03-25-2014, 07:35 PM

Mark Jackson is the man that convinced John Stockton it was time to get out of the NBA.

JasonJohnHorn
03-25-2014, 08:19 PM
This dysfunction is a far cry from what I've heard about the team. I've heard the players say that the team is very tight and friendly with each other. Perhaps that's just the players, but who knows...

NBA_Starter
03-25-2014, 08:25 PM
Maybe he was just showing interest in other jobs for leverage.

COOLbeans
03-25-2014, 09:55 PM
It's the Bay Area atmosphere that makes the Warriors seem 'swaggy.' Always has been

P&GRealist
03-25-2014, 10:03 PM
This dysfunction is a far cry from what I've heard about the team. I've heard the players say that the team is very tight and friendly with each other. Perhaps that's just the players, but who knows...
There is an issue with the coaching staff, not coach and player. Calm down.

CityofChaos
03-25-2014, 11:12 PM
For those who don't follow the Warriors closely at all, Jackson isn't as good a coach as the media portrays him to be. The religious gimmick is great and all, but let's not forget the Warriors have only been to the playoffs ONCE during his 3 year tenure. The team was TERRIBLE his first season and how they exceeded expectations last season had a lot to do with solid drafting and free agent pickups.

There is still a strong chance that the Warriors could miss the playoffs and if so the main reason HAS to be coaching. Too many times Jackson has kept his bench out on the floor with little to no mix of his starters during crucial times of important games. He advocates resting his starters regardless of the fact that they have yet to secure a playoff spot and most importantly, they are not good enough to be resting starters like Coach Popovich--especially when your only 2 and a half games ahead from being knocked off.

I really would not miss Mark Jackson if he left or got fired but my biggest fear is that it might affect the lockeroom chemistry depending on if the can find a suitable replacement.

PS: STOP PLAYING HARRISON BARNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DoMeFavors
03-25-2014, 11:14 PM
Mark Jackson will likely be back in the booth with Breen and Jeff Van Gundy next year.

Cal827
03-25-2014, 11:21 PM
Let this be a reminder not to **** with the White Mamba

Sadds The Gr8
03-25-2014, 11:23 PM
If the warriors dont want him, my raptors will be happy to sign him next off season.
Hell no

P&GRealist
03-25-2014, 11:25 PM
Mark Jackson will likely be back in the booth with Breen and Jeff Van Gundy next year.
Or the next Laker coach.

Pakman
03-25-2014, 11:40 PM
"Mama, there goes that man."

kobe4thewinbang
03-26-2014, 12:47 AM
He doesn't strike me as an exceptional coach. It's basically the Steph Curry & Klay Thompson show for the Warriors. They like to shoot. Might as well hire D'Antoni once the Lakers finally fire him.

:sigh:

kobe4thewinbang
03-26-2014, 12:49 AM
Or the next Laker coach.With that "team" anyone is better than D'Antoni.

Kashmir13579
03-26-2014, 12:59 AM
why do people insist on using the word "cancer" it is very inappropriate.

Because they want to hurt your feelings.

Kashmir13579
03-26-2014, 01:00 AM
It's the Bay Area atmosphere that makes the Warriors seem 'swaggy.' Always has been

I feel a bit of swag coming on the minute i get off the plane..

John Walls Era
03-26-2014, 01:49 AM
He wants to go to a big market. Its not unreasonable, but if you get caught, you're in trouble.

Chronz
03-26-2014, 01:51 AM
When they were doing pregame shows earlier this year there were a few super awkward, rude moments where Simmons just went at Magic about anti Lakers stuff and was obnoxious about it. He's a great sports WRITER but when it comes to NBA analysis on a set... the dude is an *** IMO.

I think hes great at stirring the pot but Im pretty sure he and Magic got along last year, just because they both came out to squash the negative rumors.

lamzoka
03-26-2014, 02:26 AM
The White Mamba stay winning lol

TrueFan420
03-26-2014, 03:48 AM

Hopefully Jeff will be the one replacing him.

MonroeFAN
03-26-2014, 07:02 AM
People are over-reacting to this. Yes he should be loyal to an organization if they're being loyal to him. He's a great coach, he's turned the team around (great drafting outside of Barnes doesn't hurt). GS should not be giving him any reasons to stray.

MrfadeawayJB
03-26-2014, 09:14 PM
This is the final straw. Jackson re-assigned assistant coach Scalabrine to the Dleague due to differences of opinion. If you disagree with white mamba, you have all sorts of problems.

NBA_Starter
03-26-2014, 09:27 PM
I think it would be a good job for SVG.

smith&wesson
03-26-2014, 10:22 PM
Hell no

you don't likey him sadds ?

TrueFan420
03-26-2014, 10:41 PM
People are over-reacting to this. Yes he should be loyal to an organization if they're being loyal to him.

He's a great coach, he's turned the team around (great drafting outside of Barnes doesn't hurt). GS should not be giving him any reasons to stray.
Fair point but considering almost no one was looking to give him a HC job in the nba you think he'd be a little more loyal or at least patient.

The second point tho. He isn't great or the big reason for our turn around. The new owner is. Bringing West in was a big part as well. (He wanted Klay. Wasn't high on Barnes/wanted Drummond). GS shouldn't bring him back till we see what he does in the playoffs. There are very solid coaches out there that can manage a team to the playoffs with a talented roster like the one we have. What we need is a coach that maximizes what he has and takes them to the next level. Is Jackson this coach? Idk. But I wouldn't just hand him a contract until I see more.

Sadds The Gr8
03-26-2014, 11:18 PM
you don't likey him sadds ?
Not really. He's just overhyped cuz he's a media darling. I'd rather keep Casey than him