PDA

View Full Version : Say it isn't so, Shaq under criminal investigation for "Horse Play"

Chronz
03-25-2014, 04:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10669616/shaquille-oneal-subject-open-assault-investigation-atlanta

According to Robert Williams, a co-worker of O'Neal's at Turner Studios, for whom O'Neal is an NBA analyst, the 15-time All-Star "ran out of a room and hit me with a tackle punch to the back knocking me down and falling on top of me injuring my neck and back," the police report says.

Williams said Turner Security was made aware of the incident within a day.

"The investigation was initially handled by the zone and as that investigation deepened, it was transferred (to) the complex case squad," Atlanta police Sgt. Greg Lyon said, according to WSB TV in Atlanta. "At the conclusion of their investigation, we'll have their findings and we'll go forth from there, whether charges will be filed, whether it (will) be reviewed by the DA's Office."

O'Neal's attorney, Dennis Roach, said in statement sent to the local ABC affiliate that the incident "was nothing more than horseplay. No one intended for anyone to get injured."

Williams' attorney countered that statement with his own, denying the situation was the result of horseplay.

tredigs
03-25-2014, 04:37 PM
The ESPN legal analyst said it resulted in the broken neck/back of a coworker that he needed to have surgically repaired, so...

... I'll play the wait and see on this. Hopefully the happy result for me is that Shaq is no longer on the TNT airwaves. Personally, can't stand the guy.

Hawkeye15
03-25-2014, 04:38 PM
when you are 7'1", 350 lbs, even a backhand can kill a normal guy. Shaq shouldn't be doing that at all.

TheHeadHoncho
03-25-2014, 04:39 PM
Money isn't easy to come by in this world. The man saw his opportunity to make some cash, and he took it. A LOT of people who are criticizing the man would have done the EXACT same thing.

On a side note, some of these athletes/stars think that just because they're rich and famous that it gives them a pass to act like *******s, maybe the guy didn't feel like playing around when Bigfoot clotheslined him.

sixers247
03-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Who critized? LOL

TheHeadHoncho
03-25-2014, 04:43 PM
Who critized? LOL

lol, I just edited that part out. It was earlier on ESPN when I read the article and A LOT of people were criticizing the guy saying he was just a moocher trying to score some easy cash off of Shaq. Sorry for my incorrect insinuation!

Chronz
03-25-2014, 04:49 PM
lol, I just edited that part out. It was earlier on ESPN when I read the article and A LOT of people were criticizing the guy saying he was just a moocher trying to score some easy cash off of Shaq. Sorry for my incorrect insinuation!

I read that too

nyKnicks126
03-25-2014, 04:53 PM
If it was recorded Shaq should star in this weeks Shaq'n a fool.....

Goose17
03-25-2014, 04:55 PM
Shaq will just pay him off. He's rich *****!

I love Shaq, hope he doesn't lose his job over this, only guy on that panel that is consistently funny.

torocan
03-25-2014, 05:03 PM
I can see it going both ways.

I can believe it if Shaq says he was fooling around.
I can believe it if the guy said that it didn't feel like "fooling around" to him.

As for the events, knocked down and then FELL on top of him? That sure doesn't sound like someone trying to intentionally hurt someone else. It sounds like either an accident, or someone goofing around. A guy Shaq's size trying to intentionally hurt someone else would *REALLY* hurt them.

Either way, doesn't matter to Shaq. As long as it's not criminal, any civil action will most likely be covered by ESPN's workplace insurance. Shaq might get a warning from ESPN, and he might have to apologize for accidentally hurting the guy. Either way, Shaq is too high profile. They won't cut him for this kind of stuff.

Shaq walks away. The guy gets some money. ESPN plays it off, and the insurance company pays it off.

Sadds The Gr8
03-25-2014, 05:10 PM
Also hope he's gone from tnt. His shaqtin a fool segments were the only positives of him being there and those have been god awful this year with javale gone.

numba1CHANGsta
03-25-2014, 05:31 PM
This guy makes some bone headed decisions sometimes. As the great Sir Charles Barkley would say, "You a bone head Shaq! That's just turble"

Bruno
03-25-2014, 05:32 PM
i noticed a few weeks back Shaq was working with an analyst i didn't recognize and Shaq was giving him a really hard time the entire show. he was bullying him on air. shaq is a bully.

i wonder if this is related or if horse play just went too far in a different scenario. the injured party could also be a scram artist trying to taking shaq. who knows.

sunsfan88
03-25-2014, 05:43 PM
I hope this means Shaq is kicked off and Grant Hill replaces him.

smith&wesson
03-25-2014, 05:55 PM
shaq doesnt know his owns strength, weight, size etc lol.

kingsdelez24
03-25-2014, 06:01 PM
I can see it going both ways.

I can believe it if Shaq says he was fooling around.
I can believe it if the guy said that it didn't feel like "fooling around" to him.

As for the events, knocked down and then FELL on top of him? That sure doesn't sound like someone trying to intentionally hurt someone else. It sounds like either an accident, or someone goofing around. A guy Shaq's size trying to intentionally hurt someone else would *REALLY* hurt them.

Either way, doesn't matter to Shaq. As long as it's not criminal, any civil action will most likely be covered by ESPN's workplace insurance. Shaq might get a warning from ESPN, and he might have to apologize for accidentally hurting the guy. Either way, Shaq is too high profile. They won't cut him for this kind of stuff.

Shaq walks away. The guy gets some money. ESPN plays it off, and the insurance company pays it off.

Lol you mean TNT?

Ebbs
03-25-2014, 07:22 PM
Initially reading I thought this guy is going to make a buck.

hugepatsfan
03-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Even if it was horseplay that doesn't excuse Shaq from liability.

Chuck Taylor
03-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Why is this not surprising?

NBA_Starter
03-25-2014, 09:50 PM
Shaqtin’ A Fool

bleedprple&gold
03-25-2014, 10:05 PM
A man of that size jumping on someone is not horseplay, that's attempted murder lol.

kobe4thewinbang
03-26-2014, 12:51 AM
Shaq fell on him? LOL...reminds me of feeling bad for whoever was in the front row when he would foolishly dive for loose balls.

J4KOP99
03-26-2014, 12:53 AM
Someone needs to let Shaq's attorney know that horseplay was the wrong word to use.

Kashmir13579
03-26-2014, 02:02 AM
Shaqs the best.. End of story.

Phenomenonsense
03-26-2014, 03:34 AM
With the "say it isn't so" in the title I though "horse Play" was a lot... grosser.