PDA

View Full Version : YES! Chicago Bulls expecting Derrick Rose Back For Playoffs!!!

Jasper6
03-23-2014, 03:38 PM
So pumped!

http://www.balldontstop.com/report-bulls-expect-derrick-rose-back-for-playoffs/

KnicksorBust
03-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Awesome news for Bulls fans the only question is what percent DRose are you getting? If it's close to 100% then the Bulls are suddenly a contender again.

smith&wesson
03-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Awesome news for Bulls fans the only question is what percent DRose are you getting? If it's close to 100% then the Bulls are suddenly a contender again.

+1

Ezio
03-23-2014, 03:48 PM
It's from a New York newspaper...

ManRam
03-23-2014, 03:49 PM
Even if he's 50%, he'd help. They don't have the depth they've had in recent years and while Kirk and DJ have been adequate/mild surprises, they're still not great players, or even close to it.

We're talking about perhaps the worst offense in the league. It's worth a gamble...assuming they don't actually think it's a gamble health-wise.

R. Johnson#3
03-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Even if he returns, they should still run that offence through Noah. It's working wonders.

P&GRealist
03-23-2014, 03:53 PM
The way Noah is leading that team, now you throw Rose in there, and man, anything can happen.

D-Leethal
03-23-2014, 03:56 PM
You guys are tripping if you think throw Rose into the fire for game 1 after missing the whole season will be a plus for Chicago. It takes time to acclimate that type of guy back into your lineup, especially since they have been playing without anyone who even comes close to replicating his style of play and usage when he's on the court. You don't have that time in the playoffs. My money is on Chicago losing round 1 if they bring Rose back, they will win round 1 without him.

This is not saying they are a better team overall without Rose, but they won't be for a period after bringing him back.

shep33
03-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Good news if true. I don't think he'll have a huge impact on how the east plays out. But if he's healthy and plays well, then maybe that's all Carmelo Anthony needs to leave NYC

randyorton33
03-23-2014, 04:03 PM
He won't have an impact, as a matter of fact it would be rushing it. He would play like 15 mins a game, it would be bitter sweet.

RipCity32
03-23-2014, 04:04 PM
Might actually hurt the Bulls more then help. They play good team ball on both sides of the ball right now. Then your going to plug a guy in who hasnt played in two years and who looked terrible when he first came back at the beginning of the season. His game is built with the ball in his hands and he will be nowhere near ready for that in the playoffs.

NYMetros
03-23-2014, 04:07 PM
WOW I hope this is true

Crackadalic
03-23-2014, 04:11 PM
If his first game is in the playoffs then it going to hurt them. If rose had a couple games in before the playoffs start then yeah I'm all for that

goingfor28
03-23-2014, 04:14 PM
Should try to bring him back a few games before playoffs so he can get some run

5ass
03-23-2014, 04:17 PM
Rose has played a handful of games in two years. If he plays, hes going to come off the bench and plat like 15-20 mpg. He's not going to be much of a factor

ewing
03-23-2014, 04:20 PM
he should stay home.

NYKNYGNYY
03-23-2014, 04:25 PM
I'll believe it when I see it

sunsfan88
03-23-2014, 04:25 PM
They were expecting him for playoffs last year too...

/thread.

FriedTofuz
03-23-2014, 04:28 PM
Imagine if the bulls make it to the conference finals without rose.. and then after this season they get rose and MELO. That team would be scary. B

BCpatsox18
03-23-2014, 04:33 PM
Doubt it. He'll probably put off his return "until he's 100%" right when his team needs him like last year.

Sadds The Gr8
03-23-2014, 04:35 PM
cool but maybe he has the '09 Finals Jameer Nelson effect?

Goose17
03-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Surely he'll get a couple of games off the bench before then? You can't just have a guy shaking off rust during the playoffs smh.

Love that he's coming back, I wonder how much of this is him actually being ready versus not wanting to repeat last year, he got a lot of criticism for all that. Unfortunately.

JasonJohnHorn
03-23-2014, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't bother bringing him back this year. The team as it is now is winning and has build a certain chemistry with Noah running the plays. You throw Rose in there, and suddenly you take the ball out of Noah's hands and put it in Rose's and it's a completely different team, and not a better one.

I'd let him sit until next year.

Yanks All Day
03-23-2014, 05:21 PM
I actually think any bit of Derrick Rose should help Chicago. With the way Indiana has trouble scoring, I'm not sure the Pacers would want to face a full Bulls team in the second round. Chicago always plays Miami tough, but I think the Heat just have too much scoring in a 7 game series for the Bulls. Either way, Rose needs a full round of games before facing Indy or Miami. Can't just throw him into the fire.

JasonJohnHorn
03-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Imagine if the bulls make it to the conference finals without rose.. and then after this season they get rose and MELO. That team would be scary. B

They'd be scarily inefficient at scoring the ball. And they both need to dominate the ball to be effective. Not to mention having Melo AND Rose would give Noah far less time with the ball... that is not a good idea.

The Bulls would be better off signing Luol Deng :-)

NYKNYGNYY
03-23-2014, 05:25 PM
They were expecting him for playoffs last year too...

/thread.

I read this out loud while playing ball during a water break and legit 3 ppl said the exact same thing

albertajaysfan
03-23-2014, 05:38 PM
They'd be scarily inefficient at scoring the ball. And they both need to dominate the ball to be effective. Not to mention having Melo AND Rose would give Noah far less time with the ball... that is not a good idea.

I actually disagree with that statement. It seems everyone forgets how Melo performs when he is actually playing with other stars.

Look at the Olympics, Melo just plays the role of a deadly spot up shooter. I think something along those lines would happen if he played with players of Rose and Noah's calibre.

Plus if there is a coach out there that could get Melo to play defence it is Thibs.

smiddy012
03-23-2014, 05:51 PM

I don't understand how someone can post as much as yourself, for so long, yet not understand the basic impact that superstars have on each other.

You do realize, that carrying nearly the entire offensive load, does not bode well for one's efficiency, no?
You do realize, that both Melo and Rose have pretty much always done that, no?
And you do realize, that if Melo and Rose were on the same team, and healthy, that neither would have to solely carry the offense?

Lastly, have you heard of the Miami Heat?

smiddy012
03-23-2014, 05:52 PM
I actually disagree with that statement. It seems everyone forgets how Melo performs when he is actually playing with other stars.

Look at the Olympics, Melo just plays the role of a deadly spot up shooter. I think something along those lines would happen if he played with players of Rose and Noah's calibre.

Plus if there is a coach out there that could get Melo to play defence it is Thibs.

This is exactly what the Bulls need! Durrrr!

Cracka2HI!
03-23-2014, 05:57 PM
He should be able to go. His injury has had enough time to heal.

blastmasta26
03-23-2014, 05:58 PM

Melo does not need the ball to be effective, he obviously has the skills to play off-ball like Durant if he wants. They would be far from inefficient offensively.

smiddy012
03-23-2014, 06:01 PM
I read this out loud while playing ball during a water break and legit 3 ppl said the exact same thing

And this is why you'll be hard-pressed to find a real Bulls fan capable of buying this.

That said, the reason Rose stayed out last year, and this has been brought to light in retrospect, is that management had already told him definitively that he'd sit out the playoffs, regardless of how he felt. Now personally, I'm pretty sure they didn't make this public, because Thibbs is basically the Belichick of the NBA, never divulging injury information, trying to make sure the opponent must prepare for all possible match-ups.

Sooo, after all the hoopla over Rose's (first) "Return," Bull's FO came out right away, after Rose's (second) injury, and said that he wasn't coming back. This was to prevent Rose from being thrown under the bus, as he pretty much was last year, when he in fact had no say as to whether he would play or not.

So, taking the glass half full perspective, at least it seems like this isn't a repeat of last year. And from the Bull's FO's perspective, it would be better for Rose, and therefore the organization, for his (second) "Return" to be hype/expectation free, IF they haven't already written his season off (like they did last year). I would bet that the Bull's FO (GarPax) has already learned their lesson the hard way though.

IndyRealist
03-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Melo does not need the ball to be effective, he obviously has the skills to play off-ball like Durant if he wants. They would be far from inefficient offensively.

I'll say this, if Thibs runs the offense through Rose, or Noah for that matter, Melo will likely become much more efficient. He simply won't have as many opportunities to waive off the screen and take a low percentage iso.

Shammyguy3
03-23-2014, 07:58 PM

The Bulls right now are 28th in the league in offensive efficiency. You don't think adding two players that can create their own shot and have posted high usage rates with at worst above average efficiency their last two seasons of playing in the NBA wouldn't improve the Bulls efficiency on offense?

NBA_Starter
03-23-2014, 08:01 PM
This is going to be interesting, it will be great to see him healthy.

D_Rose1118
03-23-2014, 08:14 PM
this is not reliable....
\
why would it come out of New York
someone just trying to stir up the same stuff as last year, further widening the gap between garpax and thibs.... in order to lure him to NYC

nothing to see here, we will see Rose in the summer with team USA

also why would the Bulls want to try and transition rose in at this point, chemistry is tough to establish especially with someone who has the ball as much as d rose

Sandman
03-23-2014, 08:24 PM
he's like a wrestler that shows up once a year

he'll be in the building

will he fight?

will he influence a fight?

or will he just talk a big game and go home?

*Superman*
03-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Wasn't he playing horrible before his second injury even occurred? He probably has so much rust on him for being out for so long that he's not going to be a huge difference maker. Might as well just get ready for next season, the Heat or Pacers are going to the Finals this year.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-23-2014, 09:22 PM
They told me he could be back last year too.

tr3ymill3r
03-23-2014, 09:40 PM
he needs to play a few games before the playoffs.

PurpleLynch
03-24-2014, 08:25 AM
I hope that's true. But,anyway,he won't help much in the playoffs imo,he'll be rusty as hell.

1-800-STFU
03-24-2014, 09:25 AM
You guys are tripping if you think throw Rose into the fire for game 1 after missing the whole season will be a plus for Chicago. It takes time to acclimate that type of guy back into your lineup, especially since they have been playing without anyone who even comes close to replicating his style of play and usage when he's on the court. You don't have that time in the playoffs. My money is on Chicago losing round 1 if they bring Rose back, they will win round 1 without him.

This is not saying they are a better team overall without Rose, but they won't be for a period after bringing him back.

Pretty sure the Bulls right now are dead last in points scored per game. Can't get much worse adding one of the better scorers in the game. I dont see how it makes them worse then a scorer like Rose is EXACTLY what they are missing atm.

I do understand and agree it will take some time to get him accumulated. Maybe they can bring him in as a scorer off the bench for a couple games to start?

Pierzynski4Prez
03-24-2014, 09:58 AM
He's not coming back. But if it causes Miami or Indy to have to spend/waste time preparing for him on top of the guys who are actually playing, let the rumors fly.

torocan
03-24-2014, 11:21 AM
While I'm glad to see Rose might be ready to play again, it definitely has the potential to go either way.

Rusty, coming off injury, and the team playing completely differently... you just have to hope he comes back well before the actual play offs.

Throwing him on the team in the middle of a play off series while he's trying to find his legs wouldn't be fair to anyone -- Rose, the other players on the team or the Fans.

Jamiecballer
03-24-2014, 12:27 PM
if he's not able to show that he can contribute during regular season games i think they will be making a mistake if they just throw him out there. i get the temptation to do it but it's probably a mistake to throw the entire dynamic out of whack in the friggin post-season.

J4KOP99
03-24-2014, 12:29 PM
oh god, here we go again

tredigs
03-24-2014, 12:37 PM
I don't see this as a good thing. He played pitiful in the 10 games he was in earlier this season (he was basically the worst player on the court), but now with 5 months more rust in ramped up playoff competition that's a guy people want back? I don't know. I'd like to see him complete a full summer progression of workouts + a league before he comes back. Plus, it would be painful to see him go down again if he's not ready.

South Side Sox
03-24-2014, 12:42 PM
False rumor.

Burkey3472
03-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Rose doesn't the make the Bulls a title contender this year and it's clear as day. He's played 10 games in 2 years (which he looked extremely rusty) and people expected him to just jump into the lineup and be the old Derrick Rose, I think it's laughable. They have a chance to push whoever the face in the 2nd round to 6 or 7 games with Rose being a little bit of a factor but that's it.

If Rose comes back next year and is healthy, they have a chance to be a title contender but not this season.

IAmARanger18
03-24-2014, 01:33 PM
I wont be excited until I see him in the lineup for a few games. He needs to be slowly worked into games, not logging big minutes right away. Or we'll be right back where we started from and our lineup wont be the same

bearadonisdna
03-24-2014, 01:39 PM
If rose is healthy enuff to go then he has to go. The bulls are rumored to keep him out last season which i dont believe as pax said his tradedeadline move was to bring in rose.
Working out the injury before the body gets too lax would probably do good. Really cant be gone from the game for that long considering he doesnt play pick up ball on his offtime.
Will it help the bulls? Sure it could. Is he a wholesale stepup form hinrich as a starter? of course. Will he play perfect ? probably not. but he was getting into a rhythm before he hurt his meniscus not his mcl. Weird how so many people keep reporting his mcl. No its his meniscus.

Riodagoat
03-24-2014, 01:55 PM
inb4 he gets injured again and people start pointing fingers to blame for rushing him back.

MassoDio
03-24-2014, 02:42 PM
Rose is not coming back for the playoffs.

Shammyguy3
03-24-2014, 02:51 PM
if he's not able to show that he can contribute during regular season games i think they will be making a mistake if they just throw him out there. i get the temptation to do it but it's probably a mistake to throw the entire dynamic out of whack in the friggin post-season.

This is all true imo, but this logic can't be used for this Bulls team because without Rose they aren't a contending team. With him, that could change (i doubt it for reasons like rust and being out of shape, but still there's a slight chance). Someone brought up "This is the same situation with the Magic and Jameer Nelson." I disagree because that team was already a contender without Nelson.

Inserting Rose doesn't ruin anything for the Bulls team. They have nothing to lose.

Tony_Starks
03-24-2014, 03:07 PM
I still think the Bulls knew he'd be back but just shut him down for the season to stop media speculation. Wouldn't surprise me if he's been putting in serious work behind the scenes.

72 Wins
03-24-2014, 03:14 PM
I don't see this as a good thing. He played pitiful in the 10 games he was in earlier this season (he was basically the worst player on the court)

If you actually watched the games, you would not make this kind of stupid comment. Rose was indeed rusty, but progressing nicely. Maybe you can look at the stats and say he was the worst player on the court, but if you actually watched him, you could tell he was coming around. I thought he started to make some real progress in the last 3-4 games. Matter of fact, he was ridiculously much faster/better then Lilliard against Portland until he went down.

TheHub
03-24-2014, 03:20 PM
Actually think with the way Noah is playing facilitating the offense through him would be better than trying to work a rusty rose back into the rotation. They have a good thing going with D.J. Augustin who is actually playing pretty well and is one of the best FT shooters in the league. D.J. is nailing triples at a high percentage too. Would be surprised if Chicago let Rose start. I could see Rose being a sixth man/ 1st guy off the bench in a 15-20 minute limited role until he proves he is D. Rose again if not I doubt Chicago goes and funks things up just because D. Rose's legacy says he is a great player. We may not see that MVP player till 2016. Bare in mind that is if he comes back at all which is 50/50 IMO.

FOBolous
03-24-2014, 03:32 PM
i don't think the playoffs is a good time to work a player who's been absent for 2 years back into the rotation...no matter how good that player is.

uptown0364
03-24-2014, 03:42 PM
For everyone talking about Augustin, Rose wouldn't replace him he'd replace Kirk Hinrich. If anyone in their right mind thinks that a rusty Rose isn't a bigger threat than Hinrich offensively they are delusional. Just the threat of Rose and his improved jump shot is better for the offense than Kirk because people won't go under the pick and roll as much. Hinrich would move to the backup 2 guard instead of Snell because Thibs likes playing 2 PG's. That would also enable Augustin to play with Rose for extended minutes with Rose at the 2. I'm not saying it would be enough to unseat Miami or Indy, but even a rusty Rose is a bigger contributor than Tony Snell, which is essentially who would be the odd man out.

amak316
03-24-2014, 04:50 PM
I don't get all the talk about the Bulls being worse off playing him in the playoffs. Right now they are literally 0% to win a title. With an MVP rose they may be 5% (probably not gonna be there but a nonzero chance is worth taking the free roll)

Rose's injury is typically only an injury for a few months I always was surprised that they listed him as out for the season. He may also have kicked a lot of the rust I'm sure he's at the minimum been practicing privately for some time.

koreancabbage
03-24-2014, 05:15 PM
he'll be a liability and a distraction

tredigs
03-24-2014, 05:18 PM
If you actually watched the games, you would not make this kind of stupid comment. Rose was indeed rusty, but progressing nicely. Maybe you can look at the stats and say he was the worst player on the court, but if you actually watched him, you could tell he was coming around. I thought he started to make some real progress in the last 3-4 games. Matter of fact, he was ridiculously much faster/better then Lilliard against Portland until he went down.

I did watch a lot of those games, and he did look like ****. He was fast, sure, but the guy was rusty as all hell (his last game against Lillard he was 6-19 with 3 assists in a loss btw). If he came back for a playoff run, you don't think you'd see similar rust (only worse?). You'd be kidding yourself.

slashsnake
03-24-2014, 05:25 PM
I did watch a lot of those games, and he did look like ****. He was fast, sure, but the guy was rusty as all hell (his last game against Lillard he was 6-19 with 3 assists in a loss btw). If he came back for a playoff run, you don't think you'd see similar rust (only worse?). You'd be kidding yourself.

dead on. I remember watching his game vs. the Bobcats which was one of his last and thought he was a long ways off.

Utd7
03-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Hope this happens, miss seeing him out on the court.

Jamiecballer
03-24-2014, 07:11 PM
This is all true imo, but this logic can't be used for this Bulls team because without Rose they aren't a contending team. With him, that could change (i doubt it for reasons like rust and being out of shape, but still there's a slight chance). Someone brought up "This is the same situation with the Magic and Jameer Nelson." I disagree because that team was already a contender without Nelson.

Inserting Rose doesn't ruin anything for the Bulls team. They have nothing to lose.

i can apply my logic where i see fit. and i still think it's a mistake under those conditions :)

MonroeFAN
03-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Has someone posted this yet?

Tom Thibodeau reiterated on Monday that Derrick Rose will miss the Chicago Bulls' entire season after suffering a torn meniscus in late November.

A report in the New York Daily News stated on Sunday that the Bulls were expecting Rose to return in time for the playoffs.

Rose has made steady progress in his rehabilitation. The Bulls have consistently maintained Rose will sit out the whole season.

Close topic?

Ezio
03-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Thibs will never show his hand. He'll keep saying it no matter till the day you see Rose in a jersey.

MonroeFAN
03-24-2014, 07:42 PM
yeah until Rose isn't on the active playoff roster.

He also looked like crapola earlier this season. They're not remotely close to being a contender with him being rusty, this would be incredibly stupid.

mightybosstone
03-24-2014, 08:02 PM
I hope this is true, but if you're a Bulls fan, you should seriously temper your expectations. If this is the same Rose who came back from an injury at the start of the season, he's not going to suddenly make them contenders. He has to be the Derrick Rose of his MVP season before Chicago has a chance to win a title, and I think it's extremely unlikely he reaches that level that quickly. You have to walk before you can run, and Rose barely started walking this year before he got hurt again.

beasted86
03-24-2014, 08:24 PM
I don't understand how someone can post as much as yourself, for so long, yet not understand the basic impact that superstars have on each other.

You do realize, that carrying nearly the entire offensive load, does not bode well for one's efficiency, no?
You do realize, that both Melo and Rose have pretty much always done that, no?
And you do realize, that if Melo and Rose were on the same team, and healthy, that neither would have to solely carry the offense?

Lastly, have you heard of the Miami Heat?
While I agree with some of what you said, all the HEAT players were efficient even before teaming up. All of them averaged at least 49% previously. When Carmelo played with Iverson, and first half year in N.Y. Amare, and even later during Linsanity he still wasn't efficient and had trouble playing off the ball and fitting in with another dominant scorer and ball handler.

But way too early to say what can and can't work. This discussion shouldn't even be had until... first, Rose actually comes back and we see what type of player he is (ie: scorer vs. passer vs. shooter)... and second, Carmelo oops out instead of simply playing the final year on his deal and seeing what Phil can bring in.

KnickNyKnick
03-24-2014, 09:15 PM
wow, kinda risky if you ask me. Hate to see him re-injured cause he came back too fast, then has to miss the entire next season

Ese Vato Loco
03-24-2014, 09:28 PM
d.j augustin = d-rose lmao if they throw d-rose in come playoff time. needs more time.

RubberBand Man
03-24-2014, 09:58 PM
Didn't they say that last year?

Shammyguy3
03-24-2014, 10:33 PM
i can apply my logic where i see fit. and i still think it's a mistake under those conditions :)

i mean you could apply whatever logic you please, doesn't mean that it's necessarily right. What do the Bulls have to lose if Rose is medically cleared to play and wants to play? They have nothing to lose in that scenario.

While I agree with some of what you said, all the HEAT players were efficient even before teaming up. All of them averaged at least 49% previously. When Carmelo played with Iverson, and first half year in N.Y. Amare, and even later during Linsanity he still wasn't efficient and had trouble playing off the ball and fitting in with another dominant scorer and ball handler.

This is wrong. Melo had his best statistical season to date in his career with Denver when Iverson got there. He posted a 56.8ts% and a 109 ORtg on a 30.2usg%. Last season he posted his best season and this year is just a notch below.

Melo's never been an inefficient player. He's left a lot to be desired in certain aspects on offense, including efficiency, but a career 54.7ts% on a crazy high usage rate is acceptable if the rest of your team blows

Jamiecballer
03-24-2014, 11:02 PM
i mean you could apply whatever logic you please, doesn't mean that it's necessarily right. What do the Bulls have to lose if Rose is medically cleared to play and wants to play? They have nothing to lose in that scenario.
I don't agree. Look I know nobody expects the bulls to win it all but you never know with a good team and phenomenal coach.

Trwood12
03-24-2014, 11:34 PM
*breaks leg walking into stadium :injury:

All-In
03-25-2014, 12:22 AM
No Rose is done, if he does come back for the playoffs it be stupid

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2004542-derrick-rose-to-miss-remainder-of-chicago-bulls-2013-14-season

bbcmillionaire
03-25-2014, 12:46 AM
*breaks leg walking into stadium :injury:

Lol funny he still have a better chance of playing in the playoffs than the entire wolves roster

mightybosstone
03-25-2014, 05:21 AM
No Rose is done, if he does come back for the playoffs it be stupid

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2004542-derrick-rose-to-miss-remainder-of-chicago-bulls-2013-14-season

You know you just cited a Bleacher Report column, right? I'm not saying other publications haven't published the same thing, but don't ever use Bleacher Report as a source for your argument and be expected to get taken seriously.

PhillyFaninLA
03-25-2014, 05:42 AM
They say doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is a sign of insanity.

He should rest.

goingfor28
03-25-2014, 08:37 AM
You know you just cited a Bleacher Report column, right? I'm not saying other publications haven't published the same thing, but don't ever use Bleacher Report as a source for your argument and be expected to get taken seriously.

+1

c.c.
03-25-2014, 09:18 AM
I grown to like the Bulls more without Rose for some odd reason :confused:

ballallday
03-25-2014, 09:42 AM
I grown to like the Bulls more without Rose for some odd reason :confused:

I love watching rose and want to see the kid come back %100 but I have to agree with you. Hopefully he can just bring a punch off the bench for the bulls (if he comes back) and they can continue playing team ball...

mightybosstone
03-25-2014, 10:06 AM
They say doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is a sign of insanity.

He should rest.
I actually agree with this. While this could be Chicago's best opportunity to win the East in several years, bringing back Rose may throw off their chemistry on the court and do more harm than good, not only to their postseason hopes, but for Rose's recovery. Plus, if they bring the guy back for the postseason, he's going to want to kill himself on the court for a win. You can't put him on the floor and allow him to play 40 minutes a night going 100%.

Ill21
03-25-2014, 10:16 AM
Ill believe it when i see it

Byronicle
03-25-2014, 10:34 AM
Didn't this happen last year? And he reinjured himself during the playoffs?

Not worth it

Stunner
03-25-2014, 10:45 AM
http://distilleryimage9.s3.amazonaws.com/dd9f6994b3e111e3b0d90e7dda01b3a5_101.mp4

Stunner
03-25-2014, 10:45 AM
Didn't this happen last year? And he reinjured himself during the playoffs?

Not worth it

Huh

Shammyguy3
03-25-2014, 11:08 AM
I don't agree. Look I know nobody expects the bulls to win it all but you never know with a good team and phenomenal coach.

The problem with the Bulls is that they aren't a good team. They'd have to beat potentially Brooklyn, Indiana, Miami, and then a western conference team for it to happen. Saying that there's a chance they make the finals is hard enough to say let alone that they'd make it competitive once they get there.

A great coach in Thibs can only take you so far. It can take you to the 2nd round, maybe even the Eastern Conference finals if things bounce your way, but expecting this Bulls team to do anything more than make a competitive semi-finals round for MIA or IND is nonsense.

Again, the Bulls have nothing to lose

Jamiecballer
03-25-2014, 02:05 PM
The problem with the Bulls is that they aren't a good team. They'd have to beat potentially Brooklyn, Indiana, Miami, and then a western conference team for it to happen. Saying that there's a chance they make the finals is hard enough to say let alone that they'd make it competitive once they get there.

A great coach in Thibs can only take you so far. It can take you to the 2nd round, maybe even the Eastern Conference finals if things bounce your way, but expecting this Bulls team to do anything more than make a competitive semi-finals round for MIA or IND is nonsense.

Again, the Bulls have nothing to lose

meh, the guys in the room may disagree if asked in private.

Shammyguy3
03-25-2014, 02:32 PM
meh, the guys in the room may disagree if asked in private.

As they should because that's their makeup. Thibs/Noah think they have all they need if the lights are working in the film room. My dog thinks keeping his head out of the window in sub zero temperatures is the right thing to do as well :laugh2:

I would love to see Rose play again this season with this team. I bet he'd suck mightily, but it would still be nice to see considering how bad the Bulls are offensively

D-Leethal
03-25-2014, 02:38 PM

Bleacher report hires actual NBA beat writers now. They took two of the best from my local team. Howard Beck from the New York Times and Jared Zwerling from ESPN cover for Bleacher Report now. They are no longer strictly a wikipedia wanna-be reporter site.

nyKnicks126
03-25-2014, 04:34 PM
Yeah.... Game one and he ****s up his ACL again.. Injury prone garbage.

TheHeadHoncho
03-25-2014, 04:47 PM
I'd like to hear some more evidence that this is true before I believe it. But "if" this is true, then the Bulls are the favorite in the East. The Pacers are looking like hot **** these days, and Miami is too. The Bulls need to continue to run the ball through Noah on offense and the Rose/Hinrich-Augustin swap shouldn't affect the chemistry. If this is true, all teams need to watch out!

TheHeadHoncho
03-25-2014, 04:48 PM
Hey guys...What is this VCash thing at the top right of our profiles? How do we play? Is it like fake gambling?

nyKnicks126
03-25-2014, 04:50 PM
I'd like to hear some more evidence that this is true before I believe it. But "if" this is true, then the Bulls are the favorite in the East. The Pacers are looking like hot **** these days, and Miami is too. The Bulls need to continue to run the ball through Noah on offense and the Rose/Hinrich-Augustin swap shouldn't affect the chemistry. If this is true, all teams need to watch out!

Go see a psychiatrist, you might be a little delusional with that kind of a statement..

Goose17
03-25-2014, 04:56 PM
Damn people are slow, it has since been confirmed he won't be playing.

Thread over. Shut it down.

All-In
03-25-2014, 04:59 PM

Did u read the article? Because it was re-tweets from Nick Friedell who is a beat reporter for the Bulls quoting Thibbs…and the article concluded that if Rose thought he was healthy enough he would play the postseason…so it wasn’t a for sure report just more speculation than anything..I wasn’t making a for sure statement if that’s what you thought….I posted it because there was use for it as a conversation piece because the forum topic was that Rose was coming back for the playoffs….this just further long the convo….I hate that I’m explaining this…and not talking about basketball...I don't care for B/R either...I just like basketball

Sandman
03-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Bleacher report hires actual NBA beat writers now. They took two of the best from my local team. Howard Beck from the New York Times and Jared Zwerling from ESPN cover for Bleacher Report now. They are no longer strictly a wikipedia wanna-be reporter site.

how long have they had legit writers and do they still have all the filler?

I did here the moderator call on somebody from Bleacher Report during the phil jackson conference

TheHeadHoncho
03-25-2014, 08:15 PM
Go see a psychiatrist, you might be a little delusional with that kind of a statement..

Well I mean they just beat the Pacers and the Heat recently without Rose, and the Pacers and Heat have both been stinking it up while the Bulls have been on a role, they have the 3rd best record behind the 2, so if they add an MVP caliber player in Rose to the mix, you don't think they'd be favorites?

Even more you think my analysis warrants me needing to see a psychiatrist? Relax brother it's just sports. Are you mad that the Knicks won't be in the playoffs but the Bobcats and Wizards will? Or are you upset that Carmelo might be joining Chicago next year and then they'll really be the favorites in the East for the next 3-4 years?

NBA_Starter
03-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Thibs will have non of this talk.

NoahH
03-25-2014, 08:42 PM
As per RotoWorld:

Derrick Rose (knee surgery) will not return for the 2013-14 playoffs.
The Bulls have already said that Rose would not return this season, but coach Tom Thibodeau was posed with the question again on Monday. "No," Thibodeau answered. "He's doing a little bit more, he's coming along (and) doing some things in practice. But he's out for the year." Rose is aiming for a return at this summer's World Cup of Basketball, so unless owners are in leagues that give out extra points for international competitions, any discussion of his fantasy value will have to be put on hold until the 2014-15 season. Mar 25 - 9:17 AM

GoferKing_
03-25-2014, 09:05 PM
Boy, he will com back and ******* UP the whole thing. He will play like a regular Joe vs pro Bball players after the rest that he had. Try to remember the beginning of the season how poor he played.

beasted86
03-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Melo's never been an inefficient player. He's left a lot to be desired in certain aspects on offense, including efficiency, but a career 54.7ts% on a crazy high usage rate is acceptable if the rest of your team blows

Except his team's were good and falsely have always been used as a scapegoat. I still can't believe people were saying Melo's team in Denver was trash before he was traded. Nene, KMart, Billups, JR Smith, Affallo, Lawson, Birdman.... was complete trash according to many. Utterly ridiculous.

NBA_Starter
03-25-2014, 10:52 PM
He will still not sit out near as long as last time I bet.

kobe4thewinbang
03-26-2014, 12:54 AM
Should try to bring him back a few games before playoffs so he can get some run+1

Doesn't seem worth it though. Good for morale, but he really should just rehab and come back next season.

Can't believe he got hurt again after sitting out so long last season on top of it.

Heatcheck
03-26-2014, 09:36 AM
this is pointless, he's going to suck balls just like he did at the beginning of the year, its not like he was tearing it up during his comeback. they might as well rest him, let him get a full training camp, and pray nothing else breaks

Stunner
03-26-2014, 01:42 PM
Welp https://twitter.com/kcjhoop/status/448873851569463296

Cal827
03-26-2014, 05:08 PM
Yeah, they now said that he's done for the year, here's the article:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/10677627/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-participates-drills

On a side note, the article says that he might return in the summer for basketball. Pretty sure that the Bulls would not exactly appreciate that if he does, and would prefer him to rest the knees.

Shammyguy3
03-26-2014, 05:21 PM
On a side note, the article says that he might return in the summer for basketball. Pretty sure that the Bulls would not exactly appreciate that if he does, and would prefer him to rest the knees.

Rose has had all the rest in the world. The Bulls don't need him to rest anymore. They need him to flipping play already. Shake the 2+ years worth of rust off. Come into training camp having already played against real NBA-caliber players and across the world.

The last thing the Bulls need Rose to do is come into pre-season with near zero playing time over the past year

Sofnr
03-26-2014, 05:41 PM
I don't get why this is still even a thread. The Bulls have said all along he wouldn't be returning this year. There has been nothing even remotely reliable saying he would return. This is all speculation by people with no idea what's going on who will just get mad later and prolly claim he can't make up his mind or something similar :). Rose isn't coming back this season. He never was. Move on. Close thread.

NBA_Starter
03-26-2014, 09:31 PM
He may would mess up chemistry anyway.

torocan
03-27-2014, 01:34 PM

This. BR used to be complete trash.

Now you actually have to LOOK and see who wrote the article. Some of them are actually legit.

TrueFan420
03-27-2014, 03:42 PM
This. BR used to be complete trash.

Now you actually have to LOOK and see who wrote the article. Some of them are actually legit.

This. And the sad thing is some (mind you a small portion) of the fans that wrote on there actually wrote better than some of the "journalists" employed by ESPN. I remember a few even checked their bias better as well.

EvanTurner
03-27-2014, 11:31 PM
Lol @ morons thinking bringing a mvp back will hurt a team.

72 Wins
03-28-2014, 09:48 AM
Who gives a fck if he hurts the team or chemistry by coming back this season. Hypothetically speaking, the worse case scenario is he completely disrupts the Bulls to the extent of us losing in the first or second round of the playoffs. Who cares? Bulls are not going anywhere this season so if he's able to play, put him out there for the experience.

MonroeFAN
03-28-2014, 10:30 AM
How does a former MVP need experience? He needs to get healthy.

This is a bad idea.

72 Wins
03-28-2014, 11:00 AM
How does a former MVP need experience? He needs to get healthy.

This is a bad idea.

I used "experience" without providing the proper context. Substitute that with "playing time." Of course, I'm only an advocate of this if 100% healthy.

Heatcheck
03-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Lol @ morons thinking bringing a mvp back will hurt a team.

yeah considering how he was lighting it up before the injury, and missing these last 3 months we should definitely expect to see his "MVP" form from 2 years ago. he should be a real plus, and considering his Chris Paulesque distribution abilities, he should be able to integrate himself seamlessly without affecting their rhythm whatsoever.

Yankeefan213
03-28-2014, 11:27 AM
I still can't see them beating Miami especially if they put LeBron on him like they did 3 years ago. LeBron on a potentially rusty Rose spells trouble for Chicago. They should not have traded Deng.

slashsnake
03-28-2014, 12:04 PM
I still can't see them beating Miami especially if they put LeBron on him like they did 3 years ago. LeBron on a potentially rusty Rose spells trouble for Chicago. They should not have traded Deng.

I don't know. They could be getting a good pick for Deng, and for whatever reason, their offense has been much improved without him. I forget where their record was with Deng, but it wasn't as good as since.

Shammyguy3
03-28-2014, 05:10 PM

You don't know the context of why they had to trade Deng:
1) Rose ruled out for the year
2) Deng's expiring
3) Deng turned down the Bulls extension offer
4) The trade got the Bulls out of the luxury tax this year
5) it opened up playing time for other guys after the fact
6) the Bulls were going nowhere this year after Rose's injury
7) the Bulls actually got picks out of the deal

nycericanguy
03-28-2014, 05:23 PM
if he's cleared he should play... Rose is throwing away postseason opportunities that he shouldn't be taking for granted.

He waited so long to come back and still got hurt anyway... Shump came back after 37 games and he's been fine.

You can't control certain things.

Chrisclover
03-29-2014, 12:57 AM
what is the point ?Deng is gone. They have a zero chance of getting a championship. Why risk being injured again ?