PDA

View Full Version : Bosh " I'll be the first one to say it, 'We suck.'

spreadeagle
03-23-2014, 02:14 PM
I think when playoffs come they will pull it together, still interesting though

The Miami Heat have lost two of their past three games and players expressed a collective disappointment after a 105-95 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans on Saturday.

"We're going to have to draw the line in the sand somewhere," Bosh said. "We don't talk about it. We're not expressing ourselves in the locker room or on the court. So I figure I'll be the first one to say it, 'We suck.'

"And we need to turn it around. And if we don't turn it around, we'll be watching the championship at home.

LeBron James added the Heat are making "too many excuses."

"We continue to show up and do whatever. Loss? Nobody is upset. Win? Nobody is happy. There's no passion. There's nothing," Bosh said. "I just want there to be something. If you are mad, say you're mad. If you are frustrated, say you are frustrated. We just need some dialogue. It's uncomfortable keeping things in. We've been keeping things in for a whole season now. You have to let it out." http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-lebron-james-s032314,0,2300753.story

archdevil84
03-23-2014, 02:27 PM
they do suck these days. they realy have to pull their act together now or else it might be fatal come the playoffs

abe_froman
03-23-2014, 02:31 PM
he's just being honest,they have been on a bad run of late

therealwd27
03-23-2014, 02:35 PM
They will put it together rather now then Playoffs everyone is just frustrated

NFLNBA
03-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Lebron "Jesus" James cant carry them by himself!? Be thankfull your in the crap East or they would be in trouble but they will play teams with a losing records in first 2 rounds and get by easily

Ebbs
03-23-2014, 02:40 PM
There not hungry. They've been to the finals 3 straight years. I think they need a scare. Going to have to go down or face elimination in the playoffs to wake up.

DoMeFavors
03-23-2014, 02:44 PM
Like I said this team isnt going to the finals, and the remaining core on Miami will get a shakeup this summer.

Kushed
03-23-2014, 02:45 PM
they expect to walk to the finals some more.. lebron hasn't been at his best and he needs to step it up but at the same time i think his teammates get complacent at times because they expect him to always carry the load and have them in a position to win every game when the rest of them have sucked and while the works a good amount of the time you can see it doesn't work all the time so the rest of the team needs to take onus as well and raise their level of play

P&GRealist
03-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Lebron "Jesus" James cant carry them by himself!? Be thankfull your in the crap East or they would be in trouble but they will play teams with a losing records in first 2 rounds and get by easily

This is basically the life of an elite east team. You're basically guaranteed to be playing in the ECF. You can just pencil them in before the season even starts.

JasonJohnHorn
03-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Part of what I think is happening is the fact that they get beat on the boards. They have compensated all season by shooting the ball well and playing great defense, but when they play a strong rebounding team with a post game, or a good shooting percentage, they are going to struggle to win.

In a seven game series, this will be rough. Especially against the Pacers (who themselves are struggling right now).

If Hibbert and West play well, the Heat are going to have a hard time competing. Even the Bulls could be a problem. With Noah and Boozer playing well, the Heat would struggle against them.

That said, Bosh isn't the first to say this. LBJ mentioned it a couple of games ago.

Teams hit tough streaks... it is more about how you finish the season. The momentum a team brings in over the last 10-15 games of the season says a lot about where the team is at that moment.

P&GRealist
03-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Like I said this team isnt going to the finals, and the remaining core on Miami will get a shakeup this summer.

I think Bosh leaves. The guy will forever be in the shadows of Bron and Wade and will never get the credit he deserves. He will waste away into anonymity soon if he continues to stay in south beach.

I would love to see him and Melo join Kobe and their lotto pick in LA. Bosh can expand his brand in a big market in LA with the most storied franchise. (Btw I think Pau is gone this summer).

jerellh528
03-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Cleveland was a fluke

DoMeFavors
03-23-2014, 03:02 PM
I think Bosh leaves. The guy will forever be in the shadows of Bron and Wade and will never get the credit he deserves. He will waste away into anonymity soon if he continues to stay in south beach.

I would love to see him and Melo join Kobe and their lotto pick in LA. Bosh can expand his brand in a big market in LA with the most storied franchise. (Btw I think Pau is gone this summer).

I dont think any of the big 3 leave, im talking Chalmers, Battier,Allen are replaced by different guys. You cant always keep the same guys around after winning championships. Lakers learned that after their repeat.

P&GRealist
03-23-2014, 03:03 PM
There not hungry. They've been to the finals 3 straight years. I think they need a scare. Going to have to go down or face elimination in the playoffs to wake up.
The sad about what you're saying is that they've faced elimination multiple times last yrs playoffs against Indiana and SAS (down 3-2), and against
Boston the previous yr (down 3-2). If that doesn't get them ready, I don't know what will.

P&GRealist
03-23-2014, 03:05 PM
I dont think any of the big 3 leave, im talking Chalmers, Battier,Allen are replaced by different guys. You cant always keep the same guys around after winning championships. Lakers learned that after their repeat.

Lakers should have traded Bynum for Melo when they had their chance. Kobe wasn't healthy at all in 2011, but you add Melo to help with the scoring load, and you still have Odom and Gasol.

Damn!

DoMeFavors
03-23-2014, 03:10 PM
Lakers should have traded Bynum for Melo when they had their chance. Kobe wasn't healthy at all in 2011, but you add Melo to help with the scoring load, and you still have Odom and Gasol.

Damn!

yes they should have, The spurs are an example aswell they won titles in different years because they had to keep switching up the talent. Cant keep the old vets that serve no purpose on your team like Rashard Lewis. And have chances to upgrade Chalmers and never do it. Need to keep getting better, and still havent addressed their lack of height in 4 years. Keep signing sf,sgs.

KnicksorBust
03-23-2014, 03:11 PM
That is the difference between Jordan and LeBron. MJ would have punched Beasley in the face by now just to make a point.

DoMeFavors
03-23-2014, 03:15 PM
That is the difference between Jordan and LeBron. MJ would have punched Beasley in the face by now just to make a point.

Totally different personalitys and not comparable.

Cal827
03-23-2014, 03:19 PM

This. The guy sacrificed probably the most of the three players when going to Miami for the title. I can see him going back to a team where he would be the primary option or at worst, the 1b.

Come back to Toronto. We are missing a interior presence :D.... lol I'm kidding around, but I can see him going back to his 20-10 years in another team for a couple years.

DoMeFavors
03-23-2014, 03:21 PM
This. The guy sacrificed probably the most of the three players when going to Miami for the title. I can see him going back to a team where he would be the primary option or at worst, the 1b.

Come back to Toronto. We are missing a interior presence :D.... lol I'm kidding around, but I can see him going back to his 20-10 years in another team for a couple years.

he is a kevin love a guy who can help a contender win a chip but doesnt get wins as the best player.

WITZ
03-23-2014, 03:27 PM
I remember there was a thread a while back about the bobcats chances of beating the heat in a playoff series and i lol'ed at that. If they continue to play like this the bobcats got a real chance to beat em.

FriedTofuz
03-23-2014, 04:36 PM
and then people said the heat would three-peat. wake up .

FriedTofuz
03-23-2014, 04:37 PM
"Lebron James: not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5, not 6, but 7 :laugh2:

DoMeFavors
03-23-2014, 04:52 PM
and then people said the heat would three-peat. wake up .

they should have won 2011 and won this year, most staacked 3 players in history. THey arent built right no size and role players arent that good.

DoMeFavors
03-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Rashard Lewis and Greg Oden shouldnt be in the NBA, two spots that could actually go to people that could help the heat.

DillyDill
03-23-2014, 05:12 PM
they should have won 2011 and won this year, most staacked 3 players in history. THey arent built right no size and role players arent that good.

That's crazy to think they could be on a 4peat right now Wow

numba1CHANGsta
03-23-2014, 05:25 PM
So the Heat go on a losing streak, but still have the second best record in the East and only 2 games back of being 1st, and they think they "suck"? LMAO wow the Heat need to STFU already

P&GRealist
03-23-2014, 05:26 PM
That's crazy to think they could be on a 4peat right now Wow

Same was the case with the 2008-2011 Lakers

smith&wesson
03-23-2014, 05:38 PM
they need to get hungry... act as if its the first title run... sometimes when you win it becomes an expectation rather than something you get up and go after. Im guessing at this point in the season the heat tried to turn it up another level and it just hasnt happened like years past and that is frustraiting to them. but really they just gotta get hungry and go balls out.. forget the fact that they alrady won and act like its the first time

DillyDill
03-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Same was the case with the 2008-2011 Lakers

Very true. It succs when injuries and fatigue set in. But how did the Celtics dominate a decade without it having an effect on them?

blastmasta26
03-23-2014, 05:52 PM
So the Heat go on a losing streak, but still have the second best record in the East and only 2 games back of being 1st, and they think they "suck"? LMAO wow the Heat need to STFU already

They're a championship team that holds themselves to a higher standard, of course a losing streak including some bad teams is gonna make them think they suck compared to how they should be playing.

Vinylman
03-23-2014, 05:54 PM
all this is just noise...

they will walk to the ECF and maybe then have a tough series if Indy (who is playing pretty bad) doesn't stumble.

Put Miami and the west and they realistically could lose in the first round... since they probably wouldn't be better than a 3 seed

smith&wesson
03-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Very true. It succs when injuries and fatigue set in. But how did the Celtics dominate a decade without it having an effect on them?

If you are talking about the larry bird era celtics, that team was very mentally strong.

But did they ever 3peat ? I cant remember,

smith&wesson
03-23-2014, 05:59 PM
all this is just noise...

they will walk to the ECF and maybe then have a tough series if Indy (who is playing pretty bad) doesn't stumble.

Put Miami and the west and they realistically could lose in the first round... since they probably wouldn't be better than a 3 seed

does this mean they lose in the finals to a west team ? I dunno, I think the heat still have a pretty good chance to win.

AddiX
03-23-2014, 06:04 PM
"We continue to show up and do whatever. Loss? Nobody is upset. Win? Nobody is happy. There's no passion. There's nothing," Bosh said. "I just want there to be something. If you are mad, say you're mad. If you are frustrated, say you are frustrated. We just need some dialogue. It's uncomfortable keeping things in. We've been keeping things in for a whole season now. You have to let it out."

And this is exactly why the NBA season is so ridiculously pointless. Its to damn long. teams just go through the motions, heck, now they even sit stars for a game or two at a time, with minimal to no injuries. Defense is non existent for a majority of teams, and this is why. Magically they get in the playoffs and all of sudden they can play some D.

It's why stats are pointless. And the 7 game playoff structure is also pointless. it's been like this for awhile, but its never been more evident than now, a lot of teams stopped playing well before all star beak.

Hawkeye15
03-23-2014, 06:05 PM
they have sucked by their standards the past few weeks. Both Bosh and LeBron are basically calling the team out right now. As they should.

Will be interesting to see how the team responds, including LeBron and Bosh.

DillyDill
03-23-2014, 06:09 PM
If you are talking about the larry bird era celtics, that team was very mentally strong.

But did they ever 3peat ? I cant remember,

Naw I'm talking bout the Russell lead C'ss, how'd they do it?

Vinylman
03-23-2014, 06:18 PM
does this mean they lose in the finals to a west team ? I dunno, I think the heat still have a pretty good chance to win.

oh i still think they beat a west team because they have an easy route to the finals...

the point is the more tough series the more likely you can stumble...

west teams are pretty worn down by the finals. The other problem for Miami this go around is that they probably won't have home court in the finals... that will be huge imo

Trwood12
03-23-2014, 06:22 PM
Good for him for having the balls to say what everyone else is thinking.

smith&wesson
03-23-2014, 06:51 PM
oh i still think they beat a west team because they have an easy route to the finals...

the point is the more tough series the more likely you can stumble...

west teams are pretty worn down by the finals. The other problem for Miami this go around is that they probably won't have home court in the finals... that will be huge imo

very true. I agree.

torocan
03-23-2014, 06:51 PM

If both teams are rested, it's hard to say. However, the reality is the West is going to be a dog fight. I expect LOTS of series to run 6 and 7 games. That's a HUGE advantage going into a Finals series when you factor in mental and physical fatigue as well as wear and tear on the bodies.

Meanwhile, back in the East Miami and Indiana are staring down teams like Atlanta, the Bobcats and maybe even the Knicks... teams that would basically be forced to go into tank mode given their records if they were in the Western conference.

Appalling stats of the night...

If you look at total league win record, Indiana would be the 3rd seed and 1/2 a game behind OKC, and Miami would currently be the 5th seed in the West and only a 1/2 game ahead of Houston, that's after feasting on the Eastern conference all season.

IF you went off JUST win percentages against Western teams, the win records would look like THIS...

Spurs - 31-10 (.756)
OKC - 29-12 (.707)
Clippers - 29-12 (.707)
Miami - 19-8 (.703)
Houston - 26-17 (.619)
Indiana - 17-11 (.607)
GSW - 24-18 (.571)
Portland - 24-20 (.545)
Dallas - 22-19 (.536)
Memphis - 22-19 (.536)
Toronto - 15-14 (.517)
Chicago - 12-14 (.461)

Considering that Eastern Conference's 3rd seeded Toronto wouldn't be ahead of Memphis (the current 8 seed in the West), and the 4th seeded Bulls doesn't even HAVE a .500 record against the West, Indiana and Miami literally have a cakewalk to the Finals.

The top 4 Western seeds would LOVE to have a path to the finals against the Bobcats, Atlanta's or Toronto's of the world. Sadly, it is what it is.

We won't necessarily see the 2 best teams in the Finals, or even the best team win the Finals. Especially if the eventual WC Champion is forced to play a lot of 6 or 7 games series... which is completely conceivable considering how ridiculously deep the West is this year.

The chance for upsets of the top 4 seeds in the West this year is as high as I've ever seen. Would *anyone* be shocked if GSW, Portland, Memphis or Dallas pulled out an upset against at top 4 seed? Surprised maybe, but shocked?

Now imagine if Indiana or Miami were knocked out by Atlanta or the Bobcats... or Toronto even.

It's the play off equivalent of playing another team on the last game of a 4 in 5. It's just a silly advantage/handicap.

They should eliminate conferences for the purpose of the play offs. I want to see the Best beat the Best under similar conditions. I don't want to see one team worn down by playing a gauntlet of brutally good teams and the next best teams get a cruise to the Finals.

It's not only a patently biased system, but it makes for bad basketball to watch.

smith&wesson
03-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Naw I'm talking bout the Russell lead C'ss, how'd they do it?

you answered your own question. they had bill russell. the most winningest player of all time.

smith&wesson
03-23-2014, 06:54 PM
If both teams are rested, it's hard to say. However, the reality is the West is going to be a dog fight. I expect LOTS of series to run 6 and 7 games. That's a HUGE advantage going into a Finals series when you factor in mental and physical fatigue as well as wear and tear on the bodies.

Meanwhile, back in the East Miami and Indiana are staring down teams like Atlanta, the Bobcats and maybe even the Knicks... teams that would basically be forced to go into tank mode given their records if they were in the Western conference.

Appalling stats of the night...

If you look at total league win record, Indiana would be the 3rd seed and 1/2 a game behind OKC, and Miami would currently be the 5th seed in the West and only a 1/2 game ahead of Houston, that's after feasting on the Eastern conference all season.

IF you went off JUST win percentages against Western teams, the win records would look like THIS...

Spurs - 31-10 (.756)
OKC - 29-12 (.707)
Clippers - 29-12 (.707)
Miami - 19-8 (.703)
Houston - 26-17 (.619)
Indiana - 17-11 (.607)
GSW - 24-18 (.571)
Portland - 24-20 (.545)
Dallas - 22-19 (.536)
Memphis - 22-19 (.536)
Toronto - 15-14 (.517)
Chicago - 12-14 (.461)

Considering that Eastern Conference's 3rd seeded Toronto wouldn't be ahead of Memphis (the current 8 seed in the West), and the 4th seeded Bulls doesn't even HAVE a .500 record against the West, Indiana and Miami literally have a cakewalk to the Finals.

The top 4 Western seeds would LOVE to have a path to the finals against the Bobcats, Atlanta's or Toronto's of the world. Sadly, it is what it is.

We won't necessarily see the 2 best teams in the Finals, or even the best team win the Finals. Especially if the eventual WC Champion is forced to play a lot of 6 or 7 games series... which is completely conceivable considering how ridiculously deep the West is this year.

The chance for upsets of the top 4 seeds in the West this year is as high as I've ever seen. Would *anyone* be shocked if GSW, Portland, Memphis or Dallas pulled out an upset against at top 4 seed? Surprised maybe, but shocked?

Now imagine if Indiana or Miami were knocked out by Atlanta or the Bobcats... or Toronto even.

It's the play off equivalent of playing another team on the last game of a 4 in 5. It's just a silly advantage/handicap.

They should eliminate conferences for the purpose of the play offs. I want to see the Best beat the Best under similar conditions. I don't want to see one team worn down by playing a gauntlet of brutally good teams and the next best teams get a cruise to the Finals.

It's not only a patently biased system, but it makes for bad basketball to watch.

good post, we all know the league is very lob sided. I agree something needs to change in order for us to see the best teams compete in the playoffs. there shouldnt be conferences. the best 16 teams should simply make it and that would be ideal.

xxplayerxx23
03-23-2014, 06:57 PM
:laugh2: nobody out east can beat Miami in a 7 game series simple as that. Every year we try to find that one team, it's out west that gives you the only hope of beating Miami

smith&wesson
03-23-2014, 07:03 PM
:laugh2: nobody out east can beat Miami in a 7 game series simple as that. Every year we try to find that one team, it's out west that gives you the only hope of beating Miami

the east is so dam bad.. lucky for me and my raptors. :p

slashsnake
03-23-2014, 07:09 PM
good post, we all know the league is very lob sided. I agree something needs to change in order for us to see the best teams compete in the playoffs. there shouldnt be conferences. the best 16 teams should simply make it and that would be ideal.

It is weird with the conference disparity. Not sure if you blame that on the west having more aggressive owners or what. But they are clearly the better conference.

Usually I am fine with these systems... Seattle Seahawk fan is upset that the Packers make it in on an 8 win season. But a few years ago, they made it in on 7 wins. Usually what comes around goes around, so I am fine having a little loss of parity league wide to keep the conference and divisional rivalries going.

But I don't see the return from the East. Basically the west has been the dominant conference since Kareem joined the bucks (Jordans teams excluded). 1 year since 2000 has the East had a better record than the West.

I would be fine if the NBA shuffled their conferences up a bit to increase parity.

xxplayerxx23
03-23-2014, 07:16 PM
the east is so dam bad.. lucky for me and my raptors. :p

And my Knicks suck and still might get in :laugh2:

jerellh528
03-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Nice to see bosh stepping up and being a vocal leader, someone's gotta do it.

smith&wesson
03-23-2014, 07:25 PM

I think the knicks and pacers will actually be a pretty good series.

and yes they will make it, atlanta will fallout imo.

torocan
03-23-2014, 07:28 PM
It is weird with the conference disparity. Not sure if you blame that on the west having more aggressive owners or what. But they are clearly the better conference.

Usually I am fine with these systems... Seattle Seahawk fan is upset that the Packers make it in on an 8 win season. But a few years ago, they made it in on 7 wins. Usually what comes around goes around, so I am fine having a little loss of parity league wide to keep the conference and divisional rivalries going.

But I don't see the return from the East. Basically the west has been the dominant conference since Kareem joined the bucks (Jordans teams excluded). 1 year since 2000 has the East had a better record than the West.

I would be fine if the NBA shuffled their conferences up a bit to increase parity.

To be honest, I think part of it is that the League may have reached a tipping point in terms of team incentives.

If you're in the West, unless you field a VERY good team, you're not going to make the play offs. And given the teams make a LOT of extra money for playing in the play offs, once the conference is stacked beyond a certain point, more teams are going to push to at *least* make the play offs through spending money, hiring the best talent, or experimenting with new and unusual methods to push the envelope like Phoenix's medical staff or the rise of Analytics in the West.

If you're in the East, you can get away with fielding a mediocre to bad team and STILL make the play offs. Since the bulk of the conference is weak, there's no real incentive to improve the team dramatically unless you're shooting for a championship. All you need is a passable team, and you'll end up in the play offs, fill up your arena, and get national TV coverage.

As long as the conferences are somewhat balanced, you'll see innovative and good teams in both conferences. However, once you pass a certain point of conference strength/weakness, it becomes a self-reinforcing loop of behavior.

The West is already good, so nearly all the teams have to push to get even better. Mediocre and sub-par coaches, rosters and FO's get run out of town because the competition has become so extreme just to earn a play off spot..

Meanwhile, the East is already bad, so there's no reason for most teams to change all that much. You can have a mediocre/crappy coach, roster and FO, but they can always say, "But look, we made the play offs/2nd round!". This results in mediocrity being rewarded instead of fan bases running them out of town as they probably *should* be doing...

smith&wesson
03-23-2014, 07:28 PM

eh thats not a half bad idea. Maybe re name the conferences too so that it wouldnt have to make sense geography wise. for example, if you moved dallas to the east it wouldnt make much sense unless the east was simply called something else.

koreancabbage
03-23-2014, 07:29 PM
I think they will turn it up once the playoffs start. even though everyone's heard or said the same thing: they are just really bored of the regular season.

They are primadonnas and just not playing well together. Spolestra is being tested right now IMO.

I still think they have what it takes to get to the Finals, regardless of what DoMeFavours have said - i.e. being wrong 100% of the time, he may be on to something here to some extent. They are definitely not as sure-fire as they have been like the last 3 years (as favorites to make the Finals)

But hey, teams go through rough patches and this includes the Miami Heat.

DoMeFavors
03-23-2014, 07:37 PM

eh thats a huge stretch

xxplayerxx23
03-23-2014, 07:38 PM
eh thats a huge stretch

Lol if you say so.

xxplayerxx23
03-23-2014, 07:40 PM
I think the knicks and pacers will actually be a pretty good series.

and yes they will make it, atlanta will fallout imo.

Yeah Atlanta is pretty bad. Tough 5 game stretch then a couple tough games in April. Should be interesting. If Knicks get in it would be tough to beat Indy at Indy there solid there.

FriedTofuz
03-23-2014, 07:48 PM
knicks are not making the playoffs and melo is going to be a bull/laker/rocket.

xxplayerxx23
03-23-2014, 07:50 PM

Lol at laker being named

NBA_Starter
03-23-2014, 08:00 PM
He is right, as of right now!

FriedTofuz
03-23-2014, 08:07 PM
Lol at laker being named

Unlike the knicks, the Lakers will have a top 5 pick in a LOADED Draft.
They will expect Kobe to return next season. And they can can sign Melo.. They can practically become contenders once again in just a year. WHile the knicks have no picks for many many years and likely that Melo will bolt. It's not that NY isnt appealing, they are, it's just tht there's currently better situations for Melo. I personally think going to Chicago would be ideal for Melo, but ofc id want him on my lakers :D

xxplayerxx23
03-23-2014, 08:11 PM
Unlike the knicks, the Lakers will have a top 5 pick in a LOADED Draft.
They will expect Kobe to return next season. And they can can sign Melo.. They can practically become contenders once again in just a year. WHile the knicks have no picks for many many years and likely that Melo will bolt. It's not that NY isnt appealing, they are, it's just tht there's currently better situations for Melo. I personally think going to Chicago would be ideal for Melo, but ofc id want him on my lakers :D

I'm sorry but it's Chicago or my. Why would he go to la? Kobe taking up a majority of the cap him and Kobe with a top 5 pick that's ideal? That's better then ny yeah right. Rockets might make a push but they need help clearing cap room

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-23-2014, 08:23 PM

Exaclty! The Heat are lucky to have had the easiest path to the finals for a back to back champ in NBA history.

DoMeFavors
03-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Lol at laker being named

he is good friends with Kobe, I cant imagine him saying no to Kobe if Kobe asked Melo to join LA.

JJ_JKidd
03-23-2014, 08:53 PM
Complacency maybe? Lack of passion now that theyve won what they needed to win? Theyre gonna turn it up in the playoffs eventually.

c.c.
03-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Lebron is still on your team Bosh. Your team do not suck

smith&wesson
03-23-2014, 09:19 PM
lol at bosh saying we suck with wade, lebron, allen etc.

SiCk-N-TwiSTed
03-23-2014, 09:22 PM
Dont they go thru a stretch like this every year? They will figure it out and return to the finals again. Might even win it all again

jerellh528
03-23-2014, 09:31 PM
Dont they go thru a stretch like this every year? They will figure it out and return to the finals again. Might even win it all again

Never this late, after asb is usually when they get on a roll, yet this season after the asb they have seemed to been in a rut. It's smart to be playing your best basketball later in the season instead of early on. Losing this late is contagious and sets up for a losing culture in the team. It's evident they are having a mini implosion based upon their recent play and player statements. Perhaps they are all thinking about free agency already.

NBA_Starter
03-23-2014, 09:50 PM

I don't know this time, all the lineup changes, etc.

goingfor28
03-23-2014, 10:26 PM
hes just being honest. they do suck right now, theyre in a funk. it happens. i fully expect they will right the ship soon and be fully ready to go for post season play

NBA_Starter
03-23-2014, 10:35 PM
hes just being honest. they do suck right now, theyre in a funk. it happens. i fully expect they will right the ship soon and be fully ready to go for post season play

You think they can get the 1 seed?

UPRock
03-23-2014, 10:40 PM
And Bosh is doing nothing to help.

goingfor28
03-23-2014, 10:42 PM
You think they can get the 1 seed?

no.. but if they fix the way theyre playing, and indiana keeps losing then its certainly possible. i think this weeks game will have a lot to do with it.

but i think it will be
indi
miami
everyone else

and i hope for another 7 game ECF between the 2. (im really rooting for the bobcats in the east but we all know that isnt happening lol)

FOBolous
03-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Part of what I think is happening is the fact that they get beat on the boards. They have compensated all season by shooting the ball well and playing great defense, but when they play a strong rebounding team with a post game, or a good shooting percentage, they are going to struggle to win.

In a seven game series, this will be rough. Especially against the Pacers (who themselves are struggling right now).

If Hibbert and West play well, the Heat are going to have a hard time competing. Even the Bulls could be a problem. With Noah and Boozer playing well, the Heat would struggle against them.

That said, Bosh isn't the first to say this. LBJ mentioned it a couple of games ago.

Teams hit tough streaks... it is more about how you finish the season. The momentum a team brings in over the last 10-15 games of the season says a lot about where the team is at that moment.

I remember Miami fans on psd getting mad at me at the beginning of the season because I said the center position is their weakest position and me saying a Bosh/Asik trade will be beneficial for both Houston and Miami

NBA_Starter
03-23-2014, 10:56 PM
no.. but if they fix the way theyre playing, and indiana keeps losing then its certainly possible. i think this weeks game will have a lot to do with it.

but i think it will be
indi
miami
everyone else

and i hope for another 7 game ECF between the 2. (im really rooting for the bobcats in the east but we all know that isnt happening lol)

Thanks, It has been a fun ride. I hope we can at least win a playoff game before the name Bobcats is gone.

goingfor28
03-23-2014, 10:58 PM
Thanks, It has been a fun ride. I hope we can at least win a playoff game before the name Bobcats is gone.

im hoping they can clilmb up to the 3 seed, but it seems unlikely. but i moved to charlotte a couple years ago, so ive taken a big interest in the cats and panthers. sat courtside for cats hawks last week, some random guy gave me a pair of courtside seats. was sitting in the upper section of the lower deck and he just gave them away. was pretty cool

xxcubs22xx
03-23-2014, 11:06 PM

+1

As it was also mentioned before, the Knicks are a stretch to make the playoffs. Their remaining schedule is includes a long road trip through the WC and they also have to face EC contenders. Tough matchups for a Knicks team that is 13-20 on the road.

As for Bosh. Yeah he's being honest. I think they can get it together. Will they? I don't think so. I have had a gut feeling that Miami may not even reach the Finals this year. The vibe that Bosh is giving us is not particularly positive and the target on Miami's back has never stopped enlarging. They need their passion back if they want to beat Indiana/Chicago

sunsfan88
03-24-2014, 02:45 AM
This is what happens when you make it to the NBA Finals 3 times in a row. You get bored and players get distracted. They aren't as hungry for a title anymore.

PurpleLynch
03-24-2014, 08:19 AM
I think the Heat will get better in the playoffs,like the Pacers. It's just matter of time. Still,this year I feel like a team from the West will be victorious in the Finals.

mjm07
03-24-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm glad Bosh and LBJ are lighting the fire, calling the team out. I feel bad for the rest of the league. Playoffs cant come any sooner.

Big Zo
03-24-2014, 08:31 AM
I remember Miami fans on psd getting mad at me at the beginning of the season because I said the center position is their weakest position and me saying a Bosh/Asik trade will be beneficial for both Houston and Miami

I still wouldn't take Asik over Bosh. And I highly doubt anyone got "mad" that you said the center position was weak. That's been obvious since the team was formed.

Slug3
03-24-2014, 12:15 PM

Miami doesn't suck (at the moment) because the players suck. Omar would not be better than Bosh and would not change anything. They look bored and like they don't care to be there. Only one that looks ok is tier oldest player Allen. A trade would not have done anything.

todu82
03-24-2014, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I think this teams wins in Round 1 against Charlotte but I have them out in Round 2 against 1 of Toronto, Chicago or Brooklyn.

J_M_B
03-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Miami needs to get it together, but I would argue that settling into that number 2 seed would be more beneficial for them in the long run.

1. Indiana
2. Miami
3. Toronto
4. Chicago
5. Brooklyn
6. Washington
7. Charlotte
8. Atlanta/New York

I'll rather go through Charlotte and Toronto/Washington then see Melo and Chicago/Brooklyn. Chicago is a guaranteed dog fight. They will leave anyone with a few bruises and Brooklyn has been a matchup nightmare. Charlotte and Toronto/Washington lack the playoff experience needed to go up against the back to back champs. Probably would be the best way to keep Wade fresh, too.

Tony_Starks
03-24-2014, 01:55 PM
MIA has played a lot of games over the past few years. Saw the same thing happen to my Lakers when we went to three straight Finals against Boston, Orlando, then Boston again. The fourth year they fell flat on their face in the second round.

There's a reason very few teams make 4 straight Finals.....