PDA

View Full Version : Drake trying to recruit Durant to the Raptors as a UFA...

Pages : [1] 2

TorontoHuskies
03-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Would Drake realistically be able to pull this off? He has several thing going for him 1)Durant was a huge Raptors fan growing up 2) Drake is considered to be one of the most successful rappers and Durant is attempting to launch a rap career 3) MLSE is one of the richest owners in the NBA and could certainly afford him 4) MLSE president and CEO is Tim Leiweke who is one of the bigger names in pro sports 5) Drake and Durant are good friends 6) Drake's connections (he actually used Lebron to convince Jermaine Defoe, a MLS Superstar, that Toronto was a great place to play),etc. So do you think that Drake could actually accomplish this considering Toronto poor history of signing FA's?

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2014/03/21/kevin_durant_just_what_raptors_need_kelly.html

jon32
03-22-2014, 11:40 AM
I think all Drake would be able to do is convince KD to add Toronto to his list of 4 or 5 teams he'd consider.......just that option if 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 can't get a deal done. I just dont think he leaves OKC.

3Blueforyou
03-22-2014, 12:01 PM
I really hope so, that would be so unreal to have him in Toronto. However I think this is the what will happen, I think he leaves however if okc can't win a title before he walks.

I think all Drake would be able to do is convince KD to add Toronto to his list of 4 or 5 teams he'd consider.......just that option if 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 can't get a deal done. I just dont think he leaves OKC.

TorontoHuskies

He's going to be fed up with OKC by then if hasn't won a title yet. I think it's all up to how good Toronto is by that time.

waveycrockett
KD is probably going to continue the trend of superstars leaving for the bright lights and bigger markets. But why was KD a HUGE Raptors fan? Doesn't make sense

KnickaBocka.44
03-22-2014, 12:05 PM
Drake reps Houston, Atlanta and like 5 other cities harder than he reps Toronto. Plus, it's Toronto, KD is not going there under his own free will.

TorontoHuskies
03-22-2014, 12:07 PM
KD is probably going to continue the trend of superstars leaving for the bright lights and bigger markets. But why was KD a HUGE Raptors fan? Doesn't make sense

He liked them because of Carter and they were the "new team".

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/kevin-durant-wanted-to-play-for-the-toronto-raptors/

3Blueforyou
03-22-2014, 12:11 PM
Drake reps Houston, Atlanta and like 5 other cities harder than he reps Toronto. Plus, it's Toronto, KD is not going there under his own free will.

I don't think he is likely to come here, I can agree to that. However about drake repping other cities more, that's not true at all. I hate him as a artist, in my mind he is still Aubrey graham the kid in the chair from degrassi.

KnickaBocka.44
03-22-2014, 12:18 PM
I don't think he is likely to come here, I can agree to that. However about drake repping other cities more, that's not true at all. I hate him as a artist, in my mind he is still Aubrey graham the kid in the chair from degrassi.

I'm not a fan of his music at all either, but every time I hear one he's talking about Houston or Atlanta.

HOUSTATLANTAVEGAS?

Goose17
03-22-2014, 12:18 PM
KD is trying to launch a rap career? SMH

TorontoHuskies
03-22-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm not a fan of his music at all either, but every time I hear one he's talking about Houston or Atlanta.

HOUSTATLANTAVEGAS?

Don't like his music either but he just says that **** because it makes him money or because he's probably rapping with people from those cities. it's the same reason he hangs out with James and Durant,etc he knows they can help his career and they know he can help them.

mike_noodles
03-22-2014, 12:24 PM

I can't stand the guy, but this not true at all.

And Drake better be doing things like this. It's the reason he's here.

TorontoHuskies
03-22-2014, 12:25 PM

I had a lot more respect for him back when he wasn't wearing those dumb glasses and rapping.

Ebbs
03-22-2014, 12:26 PM
Hell yea Durant in a Raptors jersey would be so tight.

Eagles4Lyfe
03-22-2014, 12:43 PM
I've been sayin this the moment Drake became an ambassador.
People don't understand the connections he truly has. He's even repping Johnny Manziel. People don't give him credit but in the end he's going to land us a big fish thus why I want us to have a PG, SG,PF in place since Jonas is entrenched as a C.

Demar or Ross are planted in at SG. Now fill the other two, get good depth and add Durant as missing piece.

siix
03-22-2014, 12:50 PM
could happen....

KnickaBocka.44
03-22-2014, 12:56 PM
People don't understand the connections he truly has. He's even repping Johnny Manziel. People don't give him credit but in the end he's going to land us a big fish thus why I want us to have a PG, SG,PF in place since Jonas is entrenched as a C.

Demar or Ross are planted in at SG. Now fill the other two, get good depth and add Durant as missing piece.

Firstly, Maverick Carter represents Manziel. Drake and Johnny Football are friends, nothing more.

And I don't care how many connections Drake has. Toronto is still in Canada,and most black people still hate the cold.

TorontoHuskies
03-22-2014, 01:11 PM
Firstly, Maverick Carter represents Manziel. Drake and Johnny Football are friends, nothing more.

And I don't care how many connections Drake has. Toronto is still in Canada,and most black people still hate the cold.

NY and Chicago get cold and they got black people...

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Durant's not going to go to a place where his championship hopes are less than what they currently are.

beyourself
03-22-2014, 01:13 PM
KD will stay in OKC.

tr3ymill3r
03-22-2014, 01:15 PM

Yea, he's got to release a diss track on LilB now.

TorontoHuskies
03-22-2014, 01:18 PM
Durant's not going to go to a place where his championship hopes are less than what they currently are.

that's a good point...What's the better team Durant on OKC or Durant on Toronto? Toronto has beat OKC once already this year and would have again yesterday if it wasn't for John Salmons.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-22-2014, 01:23 PM
it would be good for the NBA

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-22-2014, 01:36 PM
that's a good point...What's the better team Durant on OKC or Durant on Toronto? Toronto has beat OKC once already this year and would have again yesterday if it wasn't for John Salmons.

That's way too small of sample size. If Toronto wants any chance of getting Durant, they would need to acquire legit all star player.

waveycrockett
03-22-2014, 01:38 PM
I see you Drake and Raise you Jay-Z and ROC Nation. Seriously I think KD is def leaving like all superstars are doing but I doubt it's TOR. I think Brooklyn is def the no.1 spot if he doesn't re-up with OKC.

jon32
03-22-2014, 01:47 PM
I see you Drake and Raise you Jay-Z and ROC Nation. Seriously I think KD is def leaving like all superstars are doing but I doubt it's TOR. I think Brooklyn is def the no.1 spot if he doesn't re-up with OKC.

but Brooklyn gets cold , so by some peoples theory there are no black people....so obviously KD wont go there

KniCks4LiFe
03-22-2014, 01:52 PM

He was a huge Vince Carter fan as a kid.

dcenate05050
03-22-2014, 01:53 PM
:d

mike_noodles
03-22-2014, 01:55 PM

That would be a great team, unfortunately, if we have all of our current guys under contract, we will not have the outright capspace to sign him. Something's gotta give, MU would have to do some work.

That's way too small of sample size. If Toronto wants any chance of getting Durant, they would need to acquire legit all star player.

Umm.... They have a legit all star, and a 2nd borderline all star. I would argue that if you take Durant off of OKC's roster, the Raps would be the better team.

Yeah, no kidding. Toronto hosts the biggest Caribbean festival in the world. It's not because there's a large black or Caribbean population here. It's so all of us whities can see some black people every now and then, true story.

jon32
03-22-2014, 02:00 PM
I hate the ' its too cold " argument.....especially from people in Boston or Chicago or New York.......the avg monthly temps. are only a degree or two off..........they only actually difference between Toronto and Boston say, is Torontos winter starts a bit earlier and ends a bit later. The whole weather thing that people talk about is pretty much b.s

dalton749
03-22-2014, 02:05 PM
toronto is better than okc without durant and its not even close, so with durant they would have a better chance at winning

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-22-2014, 02:06 PM
Umm.... They have a legit all star, and a 2nd borderline all star. I would argue that if you take Durant off of OKC's roster, the Raps would be the better team.

I'm talking about players who are all-stars year in and year out. I know Derozan is still a bit young, but he probably wouldn't have made the all-star team in most years considering that the injuries in the east were so bad. And Lowry might be gone too.

mike_noodles
03-22-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm talking about players who are all-stars year in and year out. I know Derozan is still a bit young, but he probably wouldn't have made the all-star team in most years considering that the injuries in the east were so bad. And Lowry might be gone too.

First time all star, we'll see what the future holds. And yeah there were two injuries in the East, but then there's also guys like Kyrie Irving that get to go and really don't deserve to go. And Rondo by no means has proven that he's an all star without an all star supporting cast.

sunsfan88
03-22-2014, 02:15 PM
I'm surprised that Justin Bieber isn't trying to recruit Durant also.

dalton749
03-22-2014, 02:15 PM
derozan averages 23/4/4 on a winning team, those numbers should pretty much make it any year
hes the highest scoring guard in the east, 3rd highest in the league

waveycrockett
03-22-2014, 02:36 PM
but Brooklyn gets cold , so by some peoples theory there are no black people....so obviously KD wont go there

I guess all the black people here didn't get the memo

t_money25
03-22-2014, 02:39 PM
I don't think KD will go there but I do believe this would be great for Toronto. A lot of American born players who haven't traveled much don't seem to like the idea of going to play regularly in Canada. By adding a player such as Durant the raptors should have an easier time keeping players who are not comfortable living there.

3Blueforyou
03-22-2014, 02:49 PM

HOUSTATLANTAVEGAS?

Because why would any American media outlet play a clip of someone repping Canada. Drake has many connections in both of those cities, so obv he will speak fondly of these places. This is a business/promotion based statement. He also does not need to advertise toronto, his fans in Canada do enough advertising for him.

Like many other posters have said our winters are not that much different from NYC or Bos. I can understand a statement like this is a hockey market, and maybe even more of a soccer city if TFC start winning. Which may deter someone coming here. We have enough people in the gta to support plenty of teams, and really more money than most of the other teams in the NBA

Cal827
03-22-2014, 03:40 PM
toronto is better than okc without durant and its not even close, so with durant they would have a better chance at winning

You Jinxed us, you don't get an opinion on this lol :D

But I'm not sure. I think Westbrook is a large wildcard in this.

On a side note, if Lebron goes to a Western Conference team..... what the hell's gonna become of the East? lol

mike_noodles
03-22-2014, 03:57 PM
On a side note, if Lebron goes to a Western Conference team..... what the hell's gonna become of the East? lol

I was actually thinking about something similar and wondering if the free agents from the West would be more inclinded to sign with an East team because the conference is so weak, it would in theory make it easier for a deeper run into the playoffs. I guess time will tell.

smith&wesson
03-22-2014, 04:29 PM
all i know is that durant took a giant duece on the raptors last night in double overtime.

kylem4711
03-22-2014, 04:40 PM
that would be awesome for the raptors

abe_froman
03-22-2014, 04:43 PM
he he isnt,he's going to [insert name of poster's fav team here].

smith&wesson
03-22-2014, 04:45 PM
I dont know where durant will go, but im pretty sure he wont stay in okc. that team really hit the jack pot with all the talent they had in durant, westy, harden, ibaka, green and some how they managed to reallly mess it all up.

ManRam
03-22-2014, 04:52 PM
I've begun my recruiting campaign to get him in Orlando. So, don't your hopes up, Toronto fans!

Guppyfighter
03-22-2014, 05:02 PM

Knickabokka.

Nice signature.

lajoie
03-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Too bad Drake couldn't rep his way into the Heat locker room after the Finals

FriedTofuz
03-23-2014, 07:44 PM

1. KD is a huge VC fan growing up and wanted to be a Raptor
2. Back while he was being drafted, if he could go straight to from highschool to the nba he'd be a raptor ( as he' said; instead of choosing bargnani in 06, they'd have Durant in 06)

Drake reps Toronto more than those cities because for thefollowing reasons:
1. He's the Global Ambassador for the Toronto Raptors; it's his job to help recruit and promote free agents to come here.

In case you were clueless, Toronto is slighly north of NY. The weather is ideally the same. THere's black people everywhere. Ny get's snow, so it's cold. There are black peopel there, so your point is invalid.

Why would it be less of a hope? Durant would be in an easier conference.
Durant on the raptors would put them above Indiana and Miami without a Doubt. Toronto is a larger market. This team is on the rise.

Who would make it above him then if no one was injured? He's averaging better numbers than a lot of SGs in the nba except for Harden. He's also on a winning team

derozan averages 23/4/4 on a winning team, those numbers should pretty much make it any year
hes the highest scoring guard in the east, 3rd highest in the league

THis.

I guess all the black people here didn't get the memo

THat sucks.

smith&wesson
03-23-2014, 07:57 PM
lowry, derozan, durant, ross, & jonas would be :drool:

2-ONE-5
03-23-2014, 08:00 PM
isnt Jay-Z Durants agent? pretty sure Drake will have 0 influence on recruiting KD

FriedTofuz
03-23-2014, 08:04 PM
isnt Jay-Z Durants agent? pretty sure Drake will have 0 influence on recruiting KD
just like how JayZ had zero influence on getting Lebron to the Nets.

NBA_Starter
03-23-2014, 08:09 PM
These things are great to discuss but it still seems like a long long shot.

dtmagnet
03-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Its a long way away til he's a free agent, not worth talking about yet IMO. Nice to dream about it though.

bucketss
03-23-2014, 09:48 PM

lol wow :facepalm:

NBA_Starter
03-23-2014, 10:52 PM
If they are all buddies then that is a start.

R. Johnson#3
03-24-2014, 12:00 AM
There's nothing wrong with dreaming big.

Utd7
03-24-2014, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't put anything past Masai Ujiri. He tends to orchestrate things that seem improbable.

Chill_Will_24
03-24-2014, 01:57 AM
JayZ on one ear wants you in Brooklyn.. Drake in the other wants you in Toronto. Let's let the women be the tie breaker

Beyonce vs Rihanna

Who ya got?

Baller1
03-24-2014, 02:42 AM
He should be in Seattle anyway.

Deadpool
03-24-2014, 06:04 AM
A Durant throwback Raptors jersey would be pretty cool...

BALLER R
03-24-2014, 06:27 AM
JayZ on one ear wants you in Brooklyn.. Drake in the other wants you in Toronto. Let's let the women be the tie breaker

Beyonce vs Rihanna

Who ya got?

If he ended up on Brooklyn wouldn't people start saying it's tampering.

BALLER R
03-24-2014, 06:35 AM
I think if Toronto were to be able to hold onto the 3rd seed for the next couple years Durant would consider it. Depending on what Miami does they night not be as great. Think about this your seeing Toronto compete with these guys the best teams in the league. Your out west looking at what you have to do to get to the finals.

Wouldn't you look at it and at least consider the possibilities. Toronto is right there they just need one more piece to get them over the hump. As Durant you know you can be that final piece they need. Looking at Toronto's Roster and OKC's roster without Durant I'm going with Toronto.

If it were to happen you might have to trade one of Demar or Ross. Then again You could make Ross your 6th man. By then he should be developed enough to be your scorer off the bench.

Will they get Durant maybe, maybe not. But I do think they will get a big name. The moves these owners have made with TFC is a for shadowing of what they will do with the Raptors.

Heatcheck
03-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Your a fool if you think a Durants going to sign with a team because of anything Drake has to say. this is a multi million dollar decision that impacts the prime years of his career. If Jay Z couldnt get Lebron to Brooklyn, what makes you thin Drake, with no ownership stake, can get Durant to Toronto?

MonroeFAN
03-24-2014, 11:21 AM
All great players want to go to Canada.

Cal827
03-24-2014, 11:13 PM

Beyonce vs Rihanna

Who ya got?

:laugh: Well that'll probably lead to the creation of half-year contracts

Cal827
03-24-2014, 11:13 PM
All great players want to go to Canada.

Why do you think we have John Salmons for? :D

mdalex24
04-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Is this really a discussion? Drake is a cornball and Durant seems way more chill. Unless Drake gives KD a rap deal or something else stupid, Aubrey will probably annoy the hell out of KD like he does to almost everyone else.
WESTBROOK joke is CLASSIC though!

Also if anyone is interested in free NBA playoff contests, theStlyesUnltd.com is hosting one until tomorrow at 6pm. Winner gets 300 dollars.

mrblisterdundee
04-23-2014, 05:12 PM

If most basketball players lived where they played, then Los Angeles would need another team.

WITZ
04-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Still can't believe this dude was using a lint roller on his pants during the game :laugh:

numba1CHANGsta
04-23-2014, 05:42 PM
KD will either stay in OKC or go to LA or WAS

OKC-only if he wins a championship between now and 2016
LAL-only if they add pieces that would attract KD to go to LA
WAS-a core of Wall/Beal/Nene/Gortat is kind of a 2.0 of Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka/Perkins and may be enough to pursue him to WAS, and don't forget he is from WAS and is a high possibility.

mjt20mik
04-23-2014, 06:11 PM
Still can't believe this dude was using a lint roller on his pants during the game :laugh:

Gotta keep his pants fresh..

Yanks All Day
04-23-2014, 06:26 PM
If the Thunder don't win a title by the time Durant's contract is up, I can easily see KD leaving. That being said, he'd go to the team best equipped to win multiple rings at the time. There's no telling who that'll be in a few years, but Toronto does have a nice core of young players. Just don't see it happening right now.

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2014, 08:19 PM
KD will either stay in OKC or go to LA or WAS

OKC-only if he wins a championship between now and 2016
LAL-only if they add pieces that would attract KD to go to LA
WAS-a core of Wall/Beal/Nene/Gortat is kind of a 2.0 of Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka/Perkins and may be enough to pursue him to WAS, and don't forget he is from WAS and is a high possibility.

That team is better with Durant than OKC imo

Wall is better than Westbrook imo and is def a better passer. Nene is an excellent overall defensive player unlike Ibaka who is just a shot blocker and better offensively than him as well. Gortat is better than Perk. Beal is better than any player they have besides Westbrook. They have a better bench too imo

Hellcrooner
04-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Lakers and Knicks will probably have the capspace when he is a F.a

guess where he is going to go if he is not happy at Okc.

ScottFromCanada
04-23-2014, 09:18 PM
Lakers and Knicks will probably have the capspace when he is a F.a

guess where he is going to go if he is not happy at Okc.

A few years ago I would have said Lakers or Houston but with the moves Toronto has made to their management I could see him going there.

MrfadeawayJB
04-23-2014, 09:33 PM

I had a lot more respect for him back when he wasn't wearing those dumb glasses and rapping.

He has beef with lil b

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2014, 09:41 PM
A few years ago I would have said Lakers or Houston but with the moves Toronto has made to their management I could see him going there.

I cant.

If we are being honest with ourselves there is really no chance that Durant goes anywhere. I cant see him leaving OKC for another team that free agents will not go to. Even if Raptors fans want to delude themselves that him being a Vince Carter fan back in the day would be enough incentive for him to consider the Raptors, the fact remains that the Raptors are one of those teams that have to overpay talent to go there.

The Raps will probably overpay Lowry or risk losing him. They will probably at some point overpay Valanciunas cuz he is their crown jewel and big men get paid (if you guys do not give him a $12 mill-max deal someone else will). They have already overpaid Demar. What talent would ever go to Toronto unless they had a financial incentive like them willing to give them money nobody will?

It would imo be Lebron in Cleveland again (assuming Raps fans are right and he wants to sign there) because no top tier star would ever join him there let alone take less money to do so. There is so much incentive for guys to take less to come to places like NY, CHI, MIA, LA, and HOU. Toronto has what? Ice cones? I doubt JayZ would ever advise him to go to Toronto. Yes JayZ is his agent.

Moreover Brooklyn makes far more sense. Everything he has grown to dislike about his ownership is the exact opposite of what the Nets ownership has displayed. They were willing to spend $180 mil for a team just for a shot at contention. You think they would ever let Durant down in terms of getting him the very best?

ScottFromCanada
04-23-2014, 10:11 PM
I cant.

If we are being honest with ourselves there is really no chance that Durant goes anywhere. I cant see him leaving OKC for another team that free agents will not go to. Even if Raptors fans want to delude themselves that him being a Vince Carter fan back in the day would be enough incentive for him to consider the Raptors, the fact remains that the Raptors are one of those teams that have to overpay talent to go there.

The Raps will probably overpay Lowry or risk losing him. They will probably at some point overpay Valanciunas cuz he is their crown jewel and big men get paid (if you guys do not give him a $12 mill-max deal someone else will). They have already overpaid Demar. What talent would ever go to Toronto unless they had a financial incentive like them willing to give them money nobody will?

It would imo be Lebron in Cleveland again (assuming Raps fans are right and he wants to sign there) because no top tier star would ever join him there let alone take less money to do so. There is so much incentive for guys to take less to come to places like NY, CHI, MIA, LA, and HOU. Toronto has what? Ice cones? I doubt JayZ would ever advise him to go to Toronto. Yes JayZ is his agent.

Moreover Brooklyn makes far more sense. Everything he has grown to dislike about his ownership is the exact opposite of what the Nets ownership has displayed. They were willing to spend $180 mil for a team just for a shot at contention. You think they would ever let Durant down in terms of getting him the very best?

I like Jay-z but lets be real he will be 46 by the time Durant is an FA. Do you really think Durant will choose to go with a guy whose career is almost over when he could go with Drake who is in his prime (love-him-or-hate-him) and is much more relevant to the "music" scene? Toronto also has an up-and-coming young NBA squad with a lot of local talent who will likely want to play for the Raptors while the Nets have a bunch of old guys who like Jay-z whose careers' are coming to an end.

FriedTofuz
04-23-2014, 10:36 PM
I cant.

I literally stopped reading from here. Sorry, but I dont understand how a player averaging 23/4/4 on a winning team for 9.5mil a year is " overpaying" So I take it that you weren't aware of how much he was getting paid? I hope that was the scenario and that you just assumed the raptors generally overpay their players ( I dont blame you, they do) but they defs did not overpay for derozan. If they can get kyle lowry for 10 mil a year for 5 years I'll be very happy.

FriedTofuz
04-23-2014, 10:38 PM
Toronto's weather is identical to NY's so quit being a fob.

FriedTofuz
04-23-2014, 10:39 PM
but if KD goes to the raptors, they will be put over the top.

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2014, 10:44 PM
I cant.

I like Jay-z but lets be real he will be 46 by the time Durant is an FA. Do you really think Durant will choose to go with a guy whose career is almost over when he could go with Drake who is in his prime (love-him-or-hate-him) and is much more relevant to the "music" scene? Toronto also has an up-and-coming young NBA squad with a lot of local talent who will likely want to play for the Raptors while the Nets have a bunch of old guys who like Jay-z whose careers' are coming to an end.

He is already with JayZ. He is repped by RocNation. You think JayZ would ever let him go to Toronto especially if Drake is beefing with him?

Also did you even read what I wrote? You have a young team? So? Demar is overpaid. Lowry will be overpaid or you will lose him same with Valanciunas and Amir. What does Toronto have to attract players?

No players will join Durant there. He will have to hope Valanciunas turns into a superstar, Lowry keeps up his level of play, Demar improves, and that Toronto is willing to spend big bucks to keep the young guys that have to be paid. Also answer my question... who will come to Toronto to play with Durant? If good players would not come to play with Lebron in Cleveland you think they'll do it for Durant in Toronto?

Toronto is not a marquee destination where players want to sign unless overpaid severely.

Durant if he were to leave, would go to a team who is committed financially to winning, can attract players, and can offer him the most sponsorships

Even if you substract the market stuff and location and all that and reduced it all to which team he can sign with and contend immediately the Raps aren't his best choice. The best choice would be Washington. They are better than Toronto in every way for Durant imo though of course nobody wants to sign there either

firebryan!!
04-23-2014, 10:49 PM
KD is probably going to continue the trend of superstars leaving for the bright lights and bigger markets. But why was KD a HUGE Raptors fan? Doesn't make sensevince carter was his favorite player

NBA_Starter
04-23-2014, 10:50 PM
If we think Toronto is rocking now for the playoffs imagine if they get him!

firebryan!!
04-23-2014, 10:50 PM
thats a false statement

lajoie
04-23-2014, 11:02 PM

I got a pretty good laugh reading this.

firebryan!!
04-23-2014, 11:03 PM
He is already with JayZ. He is repped by RocNation. You think JayZ would ever let him go to Toronto especially if Drake is beefing with him?

Also did you even read what I wrote? You have a young team? So? Demar is overpaid. Lowry will be overpaid or you will lose him same with Valanciunas and Amir. What does Toronto have to attract players?

No players will join Durant there. He will have to hope Valanciunas turns into a superstar, Lowry keeps up his level of play, Demar improves, and that Toronto is willing to spend big bucks to keep the young guys that have to be paid. Also answer my question... who will come to Toronto to play with Durant? If good players would not come to play with Lebron in Cleveland you think they'll do it for Durant in Toronto?

Toronto is not a marquee destination where players want to sign unless overpaid severely.

Durant if he were to leave, would go to a team who is committed financially to winning, can attract players, and can offer him the most sponsorships

Even if you substract the market stuff and location and all that and reduced it all to which team he can sign with and contend immediately the Raps aren't his best choice. The best choice would be Washington. They are better than Toronto in every way for Durant imo though of course nobody wants to sign there eitherspend a couple weeks in toronto! its a rad city..in my top five for sure .. dd is underpaid if anything he makes 10 mill a year an kyle wont get much more..
money is not an issue for this team t.l has stated that was one of the main reasons he took the job.
if they can sign lowry pp an Vazquez added durant an jv continues to improve durant couldnt find a better situation as far as i see.
i think it pretty realistic

lajoie
04-23-2014, 11:07 PM

Even if you substract the market stuff and location and all that and reduced it all to which team he can sign with and contend immediately the Raps aren't his best choice. The best choice would be Washington. They are better than Toronto in every way for Durant imo though of course nobody wants to sign there either

Wait, so the guy whose team is paying Joe Johnson $20 million+ the next 3 years is saying an all star is overpaid?

firebryan!!
04-23-2014, 11:07 PM
I got a pretty good laugh reading this.
thats a troll post lol.. if not :drunk:

koreancabbage
04-23-2014, 11:09 PM
If we think Toronto is rocking now for the playoffs imagine if they get him!

it would be my first NBA jersey lol.

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2014, 11:27 PM

Even if you substract the market stuff and location and all that and reduced it all to which team he can sign with and contend immediately the Raps aren't his best choice. The best choice would be Washington. They are better than Toronto in every way for Durant imo though of course nobody wants to sign there eitherspend a couple weeks in toronto! its a rad city..in my top five for sure .. dd is underpaid if anything he makes 10 mill a year an kyle wont get much more..
money is not an issue for this team t.l has stated that was one of the main reasons he took the job.
if they can sign lowry pp an Vazquez added durant an jv continues to improve durant couldnt find a better situation as far as i see.
i think it pretty realistic

Stop it.

Wall > Lowry
Beal > Demar
Nene > Amir
Gortat > Val

Washington bench > Raptors bench

Raptors with Durant would be no better than OKC now and maybe even worse. Why would he make such a lateral move just to go to Toronto?

If he wants to win asap he should join Washington because they have the talent now or Brooklyn cuz they will always have talent with how much the Russian spends.

Toronto offers nothing for him that he can't get elsewhere except nostalgia cuz he liked Vince Carter.

Also I never said Toronto is a bad city. I'm sure it's lovely. The Raptors though.. for whatever reasons they do not attract players. Nobody wants to sign there unless overpaid so when Durant sits down with you guys and asks who are you gonna get me? What will Toronto say? Uhhh we got Valanciunas...

Please. Brooklyn will blow them out of the water. The Russian already has the rep as willing to spend it all and do anything to win. Brooklyn has shown it can attract players. It NY. JayZ will sell him on it.

And no it's not tampering cuz JayZ doesn't own any part of the Nets anymore

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2014, 11:28 PM

Wait, so the guy whose team is paying Joe Johnson $20 million+ the next 3 years is saying an all star is overpaid?

Joe Johnson is overpaid too. So?

ScottFromCanada
04-23-2014, 11:44 PM

Don't know how you consider an all star who torched your team last game overpaid at 9.5 million. If anything OKC is going to realize that Durant isn't going to stay and will want to trade him in his final year and Derozan at 9.5 million and 2 more years of experience will be a nice piece in a trade package.

You say NBA players don't like Toronto's frigid weather but yet you think they are going to flock to the balmy beaches of Brooklyn in January. Toronto hasn't been a marquee destination in the past but how much is this is because of Toronto past profit-first owners and how much of this is this because of the city? I know that James, Wade, and Durant all have a blast when they come here, personally in some cases, and are always on twitter talking about how great Toronto is so I'm thinking it's the former. Even Vince Carter a lot of people believe he left Toronto because he didn't like it here but in reality it was because he was p'd off at the management for lying to him about hiring Dr J as their new gm. Same deal with Bosh when he left he criticized the Raptors for never going after any coaches with experience or putting a team around him.

Raps_93
04-23-2014, 11:45 PM
Stop it.

Wall > Lowry
Beal > Demar
Nene > Amir
Gortat > Val

Are you actually serious?

Raptors 3 seed.Wizards 5th.

Raptors won the season series 3-1.

lajoie
04-23-2014, 11:46 PM

Well, let's do a simple comparison of SGs based on salary.

Kobe Bryant at
Shooting Guard
$30,453,805

Joe Johnson at
Shooting Guard
$21,466,718

Dwyane Wade at
Shooting Guard
$18,673,000

Eric Gordon at
Shooting Guard
$14,283,844
James Harden at
Shooting Guard
$13,701,250

Andre Iguodala at
Shooting Guard, Small Forward
$12,868,632

DeMar DeRozan at
Shooting Guard
$9,500,000

Marcus Thornton at
Shooting Guard
$8,050,000

O.J. Mayo at
Shooting Guard
$8,000,000

Manu Ginobili at
Shooting Guard
$7,500,000

Arron Afflalo at
Shooting Guard
$7,362,500

J.J. Redick at
Shooting Guard
$6,500,000

Kevin Martin at
Shooting Guard
$6,500,000

Jason Richardson at
Shooting Guard
$6,204,250

Gerald Henderson at
Shooting Guard
$6,000,000

Wesley Matthews at
Shooting Guard
$5,737,480

J.R. Smith at
Shooting Guard
$5,565,000

Jason Terry at
Shooting Guard
$5,225,000

Jamal Crawford at
Shooting Guard
$5,225,000

Louis Williams at
Shooting Guard
$5,225,000

Based on his performance this year, his growth potential and his age, he's being paid at or even below his market value

Is there anyone paid less than Derozan who is better? (The only legit argument would be Afflalo)
Is there anyone paid more than Derozan who is worse? (You could argue Gordon and Johnson)

goingfor28
04-23-2014, 11:57 PM

That was fkn hilarious :laugh:

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 12:15 AM

Don't know how you consider an all star who torched your team last game overpaid at 9.5 million. If anything OKC is going to realize that Durant isn't going to stay and will want to trade him in his final year and Derozan at 9.5 million and 2 more years of experience will be a nice piece in a trade package.

You say NBA players don't like Toronto's frigid weather but yet you think they are going to flock to the balmy beaches of Brooklyn in January. Toronto hasn't been a marquee destination in the past but how much is this is because of Toronto past profit-first owners and how much of this is this because of the city? I know that James, Wade, and Durant all have a blast when they come here, personally in some cases, and are always on twitter talking about how great Toronto is so I'm thinking it's the former. Even Vince Carter a lot of people believe he left Toronto because he didn't like it here but in reality it was because he was p'd off at the management for lying to him about hiring Dr J as their new gm. Same deal with Bosh when he left he criticized the Raptors for never going after any coaches with experience or putting a team around him.

Like I already said, I have nothing negative to say about Toronto the city just like I have nothing bad to say about Atlanta and Orlando and Sacramento etc. Some teams just dont attract players. It's that simple.

Toronto is not a place players will sign with. Even if Durant were considering Toronto which I doubt, their inability to attract talent would sour him on the idea. I mean let's get real here.. if offered a choice between a max deal with the Knicks, Nets, Raptors, or Wizards... can you honestly say he would pick Toronto? Just cuz he liked Carter way back when? Lol

Moreover you think OKC would take Derozan? They would prolly rather let him walk and tank than add an overpaid B level player that would impede their rebuild.

Lol lit us up... shooting 9-21.. Yea he was shooting flames..

T.O-Fan-2014
04-24-2014, 12:19 AM
its a good possibility only if toronto can prove they can win which hasnt happened because vince carter was an ***hole and bosh left to so thats the big reason toronto has been strugling and rebuilding but now they have a great young core they have a bright future almost a lock in playoffs like every year from now on..they have a HUGE MANAGMENT GROUP that will spend millions and do anything to get star power

so lets see why durant might end up in toronto? doesnt seem he will win a championship there which will be very difficult for him to stay..lebron wade and bosh will be old by 2016.35? spurs are done in 2 years.. dallas is done in two years..nets are getting old they are done in two years..NY is old on the other hand toronto avergae is i think is 23 years old and they are very good and will only get better! honestly i dont care what people think about toronto but they just havent kept stars becasue of their management but now its a different story its not getting unnoticed. keven durant will have the best change at winning championships in toronto but the big questions is how will toronto be in 2 years will lowry stay?..will they keep winning? i cant see this toronto team going down with all the things going on with players and upper management they are foreal and its time

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 12:20 AM
Stop it.

Wall > Lowry
Beal > Demar
Nene > Amir
Gortat > Val

How does their record and their head to head matchup prove anything? Wizards have much more talent.

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 12:28 AM

Well, let's do a simple comparison of SGs based on salary.

Kobe Bryant at
Shooting Guard
$30,453,805

Joe Johnson at
Shooting Guard
$21,466,718

Dwyane Wade at
Shooting Guard
$18,673,000

Eric Gordon at
Shooting Guard
$14,283,844
James Harden at
Shooting Guard
$13,701,250

Andre Iguodala at
Shooting Guard, Small Forward
$12,868,632

DeMar DeRozan at
Shooting Guard
$9,500,000

Marcus Thornton at
Shooting Guard
$8,050,000

O.J. Mayo at
Shooting Guard
$8,000,000

Manu Ginobili at
Shooting Guard
$7,500,000

Arron Afflalo at
Shooting Guard
$7,362,500

J.J. Redick at
Shooting Guard
$6,500,000

Kevin Martin at
Shooting Guard
$6,500,000

Jason Richardson at
Shooting Guard
$6,204,250

Gerald Henderson at
Shooting Guard
$6,000,000

Wesley Matthews at
Shooting Guard
$5,737,480

J.R. Smith at
Shooting Guard
$5,565,000

Jason Terry at
Shooting Guard
$5,225,000

Jamal Crawford at
Shooting Guard
$5,225,000

Louis Williams at
Shooting Guard
$5,225,000

Based on his performance this year, his growth potential and his age, he's being paid at or even below his market value

Is there anyone paid less than Derozan who is better? (The only legit argument would be Afflalo)
Is there anyone paid more than Derozan who is worse? (You could argue Gordon and Johnson)

Derozan is a chucker with a high USG%. Nothing more nothing less. You give JR Smith or Jamal Crawford the same role and they would produce at a similar level to Derozan.

The only saving grace is he is still relatively young. But what good will that do? Will he develop a post game like Joe Johnson or Wade? Will he become a better shooter like Beal? Will he become adept at drawing fouls like Harden?

How do you suppose he will improve? The same guy that was asked what he did wrong game 1 and said he just didn't make shots and proceeded to keep chucking next game ending 9-21. He has zero basketball iq

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 12:46 AM
its a good possibility only if toronto can prove they can win which hasnt happened because vince carter was an ***hole and bosh left to so thats the big reason toronto has been strugling and rebuilding but now they have a great young core they have a bright future almost a lock in playoffs like every year from now on..they have a HUGE MANAGMENT GROUP that will spend millions and do anything to get star power

so lets see why durant might end up in toronto? doesnt seem he will win a championship there which will be very difficult for him to stay..lebron wade and bosh will be old by 2016.35? spurs are done in 2 years.. dallas is done in two years..nets are getting old they are done in two years..NY is old on the other hand toronto avergae is i think is 23 years old and they are very good and will only get better! honestly i dont care what people think about toronto but they just havent kept stars becasue of their management but now its a different story its not getting unnoticed. keven durant will have the best change at winning championships in toronto but the big questions is how will toronto be in 2 years will lowry stay?..will they keep winning? i cant see this toronto team going down with all the things going on with players and upper management they are foreal and its time

NY is old? Brooklyn is done? You are forgetting one major thing. It's New York!!! They are old now. Ok. Who is to say they aren't younger by 2016? NY teams attracts players.

Youth is overrated. When is the last time a young team won a damn thing? Hell besides OKC itself when was the last time a young team made the Finals?

Phil Jackson lets Melo walk and prepares for 2016. He signs Pau Gasol for cheap. He hires a good coach and instills the Triangle. Durant would be dumb to choose Toronto over the Knicks with Phil there

Brooklyn has an ownership who is willing to spend it all.

Teams like the Nets and Knicks and Bulls and Lakers... once they have the big fish, surrounding them with talent is easy cuz those teams attract players and can afford to go deep into luxury tax.

Toronto doesn't have that luxury. Nobody wants to sign there. You guys attract 2nd tier guys. Superstars don't sign with teams like the Raps.

Raps_93
04-24-2014, 01:43 AM
How does their record and their head to head matchup prove anything? Wizards have much more talent.

that's why we had a better record, and were better head to head, cause the Wizards are better.

FriedTofuz
04-24-2014, 02:09 AM
NY is old? Brooklyn is done? You are forgetting one major thing. It's New York!!! They are old now. Ok. Who is to say they aren't younger by 2016? NY teams attracts players.

Youth is overrated. When is the last time a young team won a damn thing? Hell besides OKC itself when was the last time a young team made the Finals?

Phil Jackson lets Melo walk and prepares for 2016. He signs Pau Gasol for cheap. He hires a good coach and instills the Triangle. Durant would be dumb to choose Toronto over the Knicks with Phil there

Teams like the Nets and Knicks and Bulls and Lakers... once they have the big fish, surrounding them with talent is easy cuz those teams attract players and can afford to go deep into luxury tax.

Toronto doesn't have that luxury. Nobody wants to sign there. You guys attract 2nd tier guys. Superstars don't sign with teams like the Raps.

To be honest, I also thought Derozan was just an inefficient scorer last year.. BUT NOT THIS YEAR
He's on a far level compared to crawford and jr smith. There's a reason why Derozan is 3rd in the nba in free throw attempts. He's essentially a 20/5/5 like B-ROY minus the defense and 3pt shot. Derozan continually works and proves his critics wrong. If he can bring it up defensively and shoot around 35% from deep, He'd be an even better scorer with more efficiency.

numba1CHANGsta
04-24-2014, 03:05 AM

H2H records don't mean anything, just look at the Nets against the Heat (4-0) but the Heat are clearly the better team.

*Superman*
04-24-2014, 03:21 AM
The guy who brings a lint roller to the game can recruit players? Cool story bro.

ghettosean
04-24-2014, 08:32 AM
Stop it.

Wall > Lowry
Beal > Demar
Nene > Amir
Gortat > Val

This is the most idiotic statement I've seen in a long time... Also aside from head to head match ups that the raptors have WON they were a better team overall in the standings but yet they are worse because you say so :facepalm:

GrumpyOldMan
04-24-2014, 08:43 AM
You never know when you will need a lint roller. I always carry one. Then again I wear a lot of cardigans.
I dont know if Drake will be a part of it, but I do think Toronto will be able to attract free agents when they are a piece or 2 away from contending. We are a big market with great fans and money isn't a problem. Plenty of endorsement dollars to be had here as well. Durant would be an awesome fit. If he isn't interested in resigning with OKC I would expect the Raptors to be one of many teams interested in acquiring him. Way stranger things have happened.

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 09:12 AM

H2H records don't mean anything, just look at the Nets against the Heat (4-0) but the Heat are clearly the better team.

Precisely. Wizards are abetter team with more talent.

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 09:16 AM

To be honest, I also thought Derozan was just an inefficient scorer last year.. BUT NOT THIS YEAR
He's on a far level compared to crawford and jr smith. There's a reason why Derozan is 3rd in the nba in free throw attempts. He's essentially a 20/5/5 like B-ROY minus the defense and 3pt shot. Derozan continually works and proves his critics wrong. If he can bring it up defensively and shoot around 35% from deep, He'd be an even better scorer with more efficiency.

And JR Smith was SMOTY last season. And Blatche looked to be a beast last year under Avery. Bad players with bad tendencies revert to the mean. Derozans numbers this year are not very efficient and this is according to you his best year

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 09:24 AM
Stop it.

Wall > Lowry
Beal > Demar
Nene > Amir
Gortat > Val

This is the most idiotic statement I've seen in a long time... Also aside from head to head match ups that the raptors have WON they were a better team overall in the standings but yet they are worse because you say so :facepalm:

The Raps are a regular season team who overachieved. If they lose Lowry this summer they will not make the playoffs next season. Wizards have the better players.

You honestly believe Derozan is better than Beal? Lowry better than Wall? Amir better than Nene?

The only one that is iffy is Gortat vs Val and from what ive seen Gortat is still better.

Miller > Vasquez
Ariza> Fields

Should I continue?

No big time player like Durant will ever sign with the Raptors. The city might be nice but it's just not a team agents push their players towards. JayZ will never push Durant towards Toronro if Brooklyn with Prokhorov and New York with Phil have the cap space for him.

FlakeyFool
04-24-2014, 09:32 AM
Raptors >>>>> wizterds

GiantsSwaGG
04-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Outside the center position the Wiz have the better line up

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 09:51 AM
You never know when you will need a lint roller. I always carry one. Then again I wear a lot of cardigans.
I dont know if Drake will be a part of it, but I do think Toronto will be able to attract free agents when they are a piece or 2 away from contending. We are a big market with great fans and money isn't a problem. Plenty of endorsement dollars to be had here as well. Durant would be an awesome fit. If he isn't interested in resigning with OKC I would expect the Raptors to be one of many teams interested in acquiring him. Way stranger things have happened.

Like? Nothing as strange as a top 2 player signing for the Raptors. When was the last time any player demanded a trade to Toronto? I'll wait. Pssst it doesn't happen. When was the last time Toronto signed a big time player? Yea... quite the opposite actually. Players leave or demand trades out. Your best two players ever wanted out.

It's nice market? Oh that's cute. Psssst it's not New York. Like I've said no top player would ever choose Toronto over New York or Chicago or LA given the same money.

Toronto has to overpay players to get talent.it's the harsh truth and I understand it all too well being a Nets fan. It wasn't that long ago we had to overpay Travis Outlaw, Anthony Morrow, Johan Petro, and Jordan Farmar after missing on ALL the top level players. We almost paid huge money to Tyrus Thomas and Carlos Boozer just to tempt them to come to New Jersey and they still rejected us.

Remember back in 2010 when Lebron got to FA. He met with 5 teams; CLE, MIA, NY, NJ, and LAC (while they were still a joke). The Raptors would be the Nets and Clippers in that scenario with Durant. They are there cuz they have the cap space and have some nice things going for them just like Nets (move to Brooklyn, youth, rich owner) and Clippers (nice weather, youth, huge market) did but ultimately it was always a dream. Big time players don't go to teams like that.

Once they moved to Brooklyn you had Dwight demanding a trade there, you have guys like Livingston and Kirilenko taking less to be there.

Once Blake emerged and they traded for Paul that's when the Clippers became the marquee destination they always could be but look what it took. A miracle at the lottery and Stern vetoing a trade for things to work out. Now they attract players and top coaches but they were always an LA team so it was an easy sell for CP3.

What will Toronto sell Durant on with the Knicks and Nets there offering him a max deal? The 4th best market? Vince Carter posters? Lol

ghettosean
04-24-2014, 10:09 AM
Stop it.

Wall > Lowry
Beal > Demar
Nene > Amir
Gortat > Val

The Raps are a regular season team who overachieved. If they lose Lowry this summer they will not make the playoffs next season. Wizards have the better players.

You honestly believe Derozan is better than Beal? Lowry better than Wall? Amir better than Nene?

The only one that is iffy is Gortat vs Val and from what ive seen Gortat is still better.

Miller > Vasquez
Ariza> Fields

Should I continue?

No big time player like Durant will ever sign with the Raptors. The city might be nice but it's just not a team agents push their players towards. JayZ will never push Durant towards Toronro if Brooklyn with Prokhorov and New York with Phil have the cap space for him.

I'm surprised you are continuing this... the raptors overachieved and the wizards underachieved. So the wizards are better just stop dude. If it makes you feel better I'll play... the raps overachieved whooping there *** head to head and in the eastern conference standings but the wizards are better than them because... :rolleyes:

Try and do better than using greater than or less than signs.

Also i understand that you support Brooklyn and all but get over yourself dude... your star seems injury prone and the rest of the team is old... besides if the raps beat your *** on top of being younger with more upside to them why would he want to join the nets over the raptors??? Because they historically overpaid to put out a mediocre team who mortgages everything on the here and now... lol. Not likely!!! Not impossible but since Durant is not stupid I'll stick with saying not likely!!!

ghettosean
04-24-2014, 10:26 AM
Chill_Will_24 in response to your last post Toronto can sell Durant on a winning record with a young squad that is getting better with age not worse like Brooklyn all you could sell the KD on is Brook Lopez and the shells of Joe Johnson and Deron Williams and you mortgaged your future for the here and now to win it all and you are a medicore team who doesn't have a pick till 2017 or 2018 i believe.

Raps are young, have picks have money and a better record and if we whoop your *** in the playoffs I'm not sure what is left that will be so attractive to go to Brooklyn. Durant wants to win not play with washed up overpaid stars like Deron and Johnson he's has Perkins for years i think he knows better by now.

mjt20mik
04-24-2014, 11:01 AM
Stop it.

Wall > Lowry
Beal > Demar
Nene > Amir
Gortat > Val

You lost all credibility with the Beal > Demar statement. Demar was the number one guy on a playoff team, putting up career numbers and made the all-star team. Wall and Lowry are really close (though I'd give the advantage to Wall). Ross and Ariza both are equal (they bring defense and an outside threat). Nene is better than Amir, and Gortat is better than Val.

The Raptors bench is far superior than the Wizards. Really, its only Webster and Booker that have surprised me this year. Raptors have Vasquez, Patterson, Salmons, etc. that can put up numbers from the bench.

dalton749
04-24-2014, 12:06 PM
Lol basically MERICAAAA.
Winning attracts talent. A young team with room to grow and very strong new management with more money to blow than most teams is an attractive situation.
Toronto was a joke before because of its front office that was more concerned with maximizing profit than winning, that has changed.
The players will quickly realize that and Toronto will eventually become a big market for free agents provided they build off of their success this year

ScottFromCanada
04-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Like? Nothing as strange as a top 2 player signing for the Raptors. When was the last time any player demanded a trade to Toronto? I'll wait. Pssst it doesn't happen. When was the last time Toronto signed a big time player? Yea... quite the opposite actually. Players leave or demand trades out. Your best two players ever wanted out.

It's nice market? Oh that's cute. Psssst it's not New York. Like I've said no top player would ever choose Toronto over New York or Chicago or LA given the same money.

Toronto has to overpay players to get talent.it's the harsh truth and I understand it all too well being a Nets fan. It wasn't that long ago we had to overpay Travis Outlaw, Anthony Morrow, Johan Petro, and Jordan Farmar after missing on ALL the top level players. We almost paid huge money to Tyrus Thomas and Carlos Boozer just to tempt them to come to New Jersey and they still rejected us.

Remember back in 2010 when Lebron got to FA. He met with 5 teams; CLE, MIA, NY, NJ, and LAC (while they were still a joke). The Raptors would be the Nets and Clippers in that scenario with Durant. They are there cuz they have the cap space and have some nice things going for them just like Nets (move to Brooklyn, youth, rich owner) and Clippers (nice weather, youth, huge market) did but ultimately it was always a dream. Big time players don't go to teams like that.

Once they moved to Brooklyn you had Dwight demanding a trade there, you have guys like Livingston and Kirilenko taking less to be there.

Once Blake emerged and they traded for Paul that's when the Clippers became the marquee destination they always could be but look what it took. A miracle at the lottery and Stern vetoing a trade for things to work out. Now they attract players and top coaches but they were always an LA team so it was an easy sell for CP3.

What will Toronto sell Durant on with the Knicks and Nets there offering him a max deal? The 4th best market? Vince Carter posters? Lol

http://www.drizzydrake.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/kevin-durant-ovo-swag.jpg?15f589

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Stop it.

Wall > Lowry
Beal > Demar
Nene > Amir
Gortat > Val

Miller > Vasquez
Ariza> Fields

Should I continue?

I'm surprised you are continuing this... the raptors overachieved and the wizards underachieved. So the wizards are better just stop dude. If it makes you feel better I'll play... the raps overachieved whooping there *** head to head and in the eastern conference standings but the wizards are better than them because... :rolleyes:

Try and do better than using greater than or less than signs.

Also i understand that you support Brooklyn and all but get over yourself dude... your star seems injury prone and the rest of the team is old... besides if the raps beat your *** on top of being younger with more upside to them why would he want to join the nets over the raptors??? Because they historically overpaid to put out a mediocre team who mortgages everything on the here and now... lol. Not likely!!! Not impossible but since Durant is not stupid I'll stick with saying not likely!!!

Judging by your username I assume this conversation is a little above you but sure I'll continue.

You want to use actual evidence? Sure I'll humor you. Tell me what exactly makes Lowry better than Wall. What makes Derozan better than Beal (that will be a funny one)? What makes Amir better than Nene? Hell what even makes Valanciunas that much better than Gortat? You think Fields is better than Ariza? Please do tell me what about the Raptors is better than the Wizards. Higher seed and better head to head is something an ignorant poster with little basketball knowledge would say...

As far as the Nets over the Raptors for Durant... umn... Ill list them since you either apparently cannot read sentences or skip and choose what you read.

1. Better market. Only an idiot would deny this fact.

2. JayZ is his agent!!! Why can't you Raps fans get that fact through your skulls? Will JayZ be enough to get him to Brooklyn? Idk but he sure as hell won't push him to Toronto. Get real.

3. Mikhail Prokhorov. You say the Nets spent all that money for a mediocre team. While I disagree with the mediocre part I agree with the overall assessment. He blindly spends. No ****s are given. He wants to win. Only jealous fans mock him cuz they wish they had such an owner. After seeing Harden let go to save money Brooklyn and Prok would sound very appealing to him.

4. Potential. Toronto has a nice lil young squad now and Brooklyn had vets. What does that have to do with 2016? NY attracts players. How many players have taken less to come to NY over the years? Hell Gasol might go to the Knicks cheap with Phil. When has Toronto ever been a destination for players? Durant goes there he is stuck with what they got. That team is worse with him than OKC.

5. Toronto has no legitimate claim to him in 2016 except him being a Vince Carter fan way back when lmao nostalgia may feed the hopes of fans but players... they have advisors and agents that will tell him Toronto is not the best destination for him no matter how much he loved Carter

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Chill_Will_24 in response to your last post Toronto can sell Durant on a winning record with a young squad that is getting better with age not worse like Brooklyn all you could sell the KD on is Brook Lopez and the shells of Joe Johnson and Deron Williams and you mortgaged your future for the here and now to win it all and you are a medicore team who doesn't have a pick till 2017 or 2018 i believe.

Raps are young, have picks have money and a better record and if we whoop your *** in the playoffs I'm not sure what is left that will be so attractive to go to Brooklyn. Durant wants to win not play with washed up overpaid stars like Deron and Johnson he's has Perkins for years i think he knows better by now.

I find it astonishing that anyone with half a brain would use current squads and current situations to say what will be true in 2016

Do you even know if your best player will stay? Brooklyn KNOWS it can ALWAYS attract talent. That is the benefit of NY. Durant would know this. If he is there the great players will follow. Toronto? Not so much. Would be just like Lebron in Cleveland. Nobody would go there.

Seriously though these rosters will look much different in 2016. Act like you got some sense sir

Also what makes your youth such an advantage? Lowry will be overpaid or you risk losing him. Derozan is a chucker. Valanciunas is still a question mark. Amir is a role player.. what is better than OKC in Toronto players wise? Westbrook is better than all your players. Ibaka is a better player than anyone you got except maybe Lowry

Seriously you guys ain't got nothing for him. At least he knows he will get help in Brooklyn. Look what they spent to get Deron help. If they had Durant they would get him the help. Better players than Ibaka and Perkins for sure

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 01:00 PM
Stop it.

Wall > Lowry
Beal > Demar
Nene > Amir
Gortat > Val

You lost all credibility with the Beal > Demar statement. Demar was the number one guy on a playoff team, putting up career numbers and made the all-star team. Wall and Lowry are really close (though I'd give the advantage to Wall). Ross and Ariza both are equal (they bring defense and an outside threat). Nene is better than Amir, and Gortat is better than Val.

The Raptors bench is far superior than the Wizards. Really, its only Webster and Booker that have surprised me this year. Raptors have Vasquez, Patterson, Salmons, etc. that can put up numbers from the bench.

Salmons and Patterson lmao I guess they are good players when it benefits your argument huh? On RaptorsHQ they shred those guys to pieces.

Miller is a good player for them

Also please don't be a homer. All star means he is a better player? Put up stats on a mediocre playoff team? He is a chucker. He dropped 30 oh wait he shot 9-21 lol cmon man. Beal is a better more efficient scorer that doesn't need the ball cuz he is a great catch and shoot guy and running off screens. Derozan is an athletic Jamal Crawford at best

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Lol basically MERICAAAA.
Winning attracts talent. A young team with room to grow and very strong new management with more money to blow than most teams is an attractive situation.
Toronto was a joke before because of its front office that was more concerned with maximizing profit than winning, that has changed.
The players will quickly realize that and Toronto will eventually become a big market for free agents provided they build off of their success this year

I agree that winning attracts talent but not superstars like Durant. It's the sad truth that these guys all seek bigger lights especially when their own team ain't cutting it. Toronto is not a place players will go to if teams like LA and NY and Brooklyn are in the mix.

Also again with the youth thing... what good is youth if the potential isn't there. When I look at Toronto I don't see much potential. They are a team that could have used another year of tanking but overachived because they have good players but what you see is what you get. Lowry is what he is; a poor man's Westbrook. Derozan is a glorified chucker. Valanciunas has a long way to go. The rest are role players. In terms of talent alone he would be better off staying in OKC.

Washington though. Beal and Wall have so much more potential. Nene is a better big man than any you have on both ends. Their players fit a talent like Durant better.

And Brooklyn will always be able to surround him with what he needs. Their owner is willing to spend it all and they have nothing on the books past 2016

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 01:28 PM

http://www.drizzydrake.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/kevin-durant-ovo-swag.jpg?15f589

I don't get the reference

ghettosean
04-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Judging by your username I assume this conversation is a little above you but sure I'll continue.

You want to use actual evidence? Sure I'll humor you. Tell me what exactly makes Lowry better than Wall. What makes Derozan better than Beal (that will be a funny one)? What makes Amir better than Nene? Hell what even makes Valanciunas that much better than Gortat? You think Fields is better than Ariza? Please do tell me what about the Raptors is better than the Wizards. Higher seed and better head to head is something an ignorant poster with little basketball knowledge would say...

As far as the Nets over the Raptors for Durant... umn... Ill list them since you either apparently cannot read sentences or skip and choose what you read.

2. JayZ is his agent!!! Why can't you Raps fans get that fact through your skulls? Will JayZ be enough to get him to Brooklyn? Idk but he sure as hell won't push him to Toronto. Get real.

3. Mikhail Prokhorov. You say the Nets spent all that money for a mediocre team. While I disagree with the mediocre part I agree with the overall assessment. He blindly spends. No ****s are given. He wants to win. Only jealous fans mock him cuz they wish they had such an owner. After seeing Harden let go to save money Brooklyn and Prok would sound very appealing to him.

4. Potential. Toronto has a nice lil young squad now and Brooklyn had vets. What does that have to do with 2016? NY attracts players. How many players have taken less to come to NY over the years? Hell Gasol might go to the Knicks cheap with Phil. When has Toronto ever been a destination for players? Durant goes there he is stuck with what they got. That team is worse with him than OKC.

5. Toronto has no legitimate claim to him in 2016 except him being a Vince Carter fan way back when lmao nostalgia may feed the hopes of fans but players... they have advisors and agents that will tell him Toronto is not the best destination for him no matter how much he loved Carter

You start off your post by insulting my nickname yes your posting is far far above me :rolleyes:

Next in the bolded I posted above you say you are going to use actual evidence (which you haven't to this point) and then you ask me a bunch of one on one comparisons. On top of all that nonsense in your comparisons you are using fields which we haven't used for half of the season and you are comparing him like he's a regular starter :confused:

I've already given you evidence for my argument on why Toronto is a better team using cold hard facts.... You well try and back up your arguement with evidence... Like when I said the raptors are better team than washington my evidence would be:

Head to head record won 3 - 1 by Toronto (the one loss went to triple overtime the rest of the wins were pretty convincing). They have a better regular season record (and that's on top of us having a horrid start to the season before the Rudy Gay trade a few months into the season). If you compare our records after that trade there is absolutely no doubt.. When the Raptors have 20-plus assists, their record is 31-14, a winning percentage which ranks with the best in the league (why would Durant want to put a team like that over the top :facepalm:)

Did I mention that you keep using Fields in your arguements... This shows your complete lack of knowledge but anyway if you want to do your one on one comparisons go ahead but my arguement was clear and stands that the raptors are the better team in more ways than one than the wizards but if you want to come with evidence like you mentioned please do! I'm still waiting...

AND STOP MENTIONING FIELDS IN YOUR COMPARISONS YOUR LOSING RESPECT MAN!!!

as for the rest:

I love the way this is posted because if I disagree I'm an idiot got to love that :rolleyes: but I agree that Brooklyn has the better Market but lets not pretend that is the only factor or even the biggest factor for a decision of a free agent I mean Chicago or LA didn't land Howard the top free agent during the summer and they are a more valuable franchises than the Rockets. A major free agent like him joined the Rockets because he believed it was his best chance to WIN A RING bar none... Just like Durant will do and well see your record by that time with your geezer team and see what he thinks at that time.

I think you need to get it through your skull that Jay Z is Durants AGENT not his daddy he will ultimately decide where he wants to go so please stop with this Jay Z won't let him crap.

Wow he spent all that money your right I can't understand why more guys didn't want to flock to the knicks under Dolan when they had the opportunity. I really do think your owner wants to win (just like ours) but showing you have a winning product counts not just throwing money around like I said when the time comes we will see what your geezer team is like and if Durant wants to join injury prone Brook Lopez and the shells of Joe Johnson, Deron Williams and a damn old Kevin Garnett.

Like I mentioned above our team is among the elite in the NBA since the Rudy Gay trade so if you add a Kevin Durant onto a team that FITS him more than OKC (mainly Westy) then yeah he might want to come here. Also you are talking about Gasol going to the Knicks and that's because of Phil lets stick with the geezer nets shall we :D

Not one person in this thread said Toronto has a legitimate claim to Durant but we are saying it's a POSSIBLITY that we will be on a list of his teams to join and that is not far fetched at all. You saying he would join Brooklyn over Toronto is what is far fetched when you look at the assets you currently have and the rate you team will decline by that time (considering Durants main focus is that he wants to win). You can make moves by that time but if you are the team you are now when he's a free agent you have NO SHOT compared to Toronto NONE, ZERO, ZILCH... He's been with Perkins for about 4 years why the hell would he want to join up with Deron, Johnson and Garnett who are all shells of themselves and a team that has no assets for years to come regarding picks and young talent (not to mention injury prone Lopez). Toronto is young and will get better Brooklyn is old and will get worse not much more to say but keep screaming Jay Z like he's Durants daddy who's gonna make his decision for him.

You make fun of my nickname as your opening argument and say your above me... That's cute bro real cute!

ghettosean
04-24-2014, 03:19 PM
I find it astonishing that anyone with half a brain would use current squads and current situations to say what will be true in 2016

Do you even know if your best player will stay? Brooklyn KNOWS it can ALWAYS attract talent. That is the benefit of NY. Durant would know this. If he is there the great players will follow. Toronto? Not so much. Would be just like Lebron in Cleveland. Nobody would go there.

Seriously though these rosters will look much different in 2016. Act like you got some sense sir

Also what makes your youth such an advantage? Lowry will be overpaid or you risk losing him. Derozan is a chucker. Valanciunas is still a question mark. Amir is a role player.. what is better than OKC in Toronto players wise? Westbrook is better than all your players. Ibaka is a better player than anyone you got except maybe Lowry

Seriously you guys ain't got nothing for him. At least he knows he will get help in Brooklyn. Look what they spent to get Deron help. If they had Durant they would get him the help. Better players than Ibaka and Perkins for sure

I'm surprised that someone with less than half a brain wouldn't use a teams current situation, assets and salary for projections going forward. Damn near any fan would but like you said from your previous post to me "you are on another level" or some stupid nonsense like that. My projects are based on you still having Deron TERRIBLE CONTRACT Joe Johnson TERRIBLE CONTRACT and KG will be old and done by then along with an injury prone Brook Lopez. Act like you have some sense and stop pretending like miracles happen every day and someone is going to gladly give you a great deal for these terrible contracts, hasbeens or injury prone players.

Use some sense sir and well see how much different they look if you get rid of these horrific contracts you signed or if you can trade them and make the steal of the century.

As for your Westbrook comparison to our team he is better than anyone we currently have I'm not going to pretend we have better players than him but he doesn't fit next to Durant this is clearly showing now more than ever and I'm sure you will see Westbrook gone after this season if they don't make it to the finals for better pieces that fit the team in an attempt to try and keep Durant in OKC.

As far as you talking about our youth... LOL... our youth is growing and getting better year by year... your squad is on the decline with horrible contracts and no assets so WTF would Durant go to Brooklyn for just because Jay Z said so... **** that sh** Durants no dummy and like I said he's been playing with players who are shells of themselves like Perkins so why join Deron Williams and Joe Johnson and injury prone Lopez... WHY???
because it's NY isn't a good enough answer

His words at the beginning of the year is he's tired of being #2 and he's proved that by being the MVP of the league this year but not wanting to be #2 doesn't mean he'll join Brooklyn and be #6 as far as record in the east or something... LOL. He wants to win now not win later!!!

Act like you got some sense sir :D

Since the Rudy Gay trade the raptors are among the elite of the league having Durant would be that final piece he and Toronto are looking for to go to that next level... Whether he does that or not is another question but I don't see him joining up with Joe, Deron (the shells) and Lopez (injury boy)... Just don't see it dude but maybe you're right and he'll wait a season or so to see if others come along for the ride sounds like a smart move right... Brooklyn did tie up a lot of money in moves for Deron and well a lot of the money will still be tied up for Deron during Durants free agency well see how patient Durant is when the time comes and Jay Z raps about Brooklyn.

No offense but I like our chances a hell of a lot better than yours to steal him away from OKC if he wants to leave.

Pfeifer
04-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Derozen is not a chucker. He was 4th in the league in free throw attempts with a damn good percentage. Salmons is a chucker.

2-ONE-5
04-24-2014, 04:05 PM
Stop it.

Wall > Lowry
Beal > Demar
Nene > Amir
Gortat > Val

Raptors with Durant would be no better than OKC now and maybe even worse. Why would he make such a lateral move just to go to Toronto?

If he wants to win asap he should join Washington because they have the talent now or Brooklyn cuz they will always have talent with how much the Russian spends.

Toronto offers nothing for him that he can't get elsewhere except nostalgia cuz he liked Vince Carter.

Also I never said Toronto is a bad city. I'm sure it's lovely. The Raptors though.. for whatever reasons they do not attract players. Nobody wants to sign there unless overpaid so when Durant sits down with you guys and asks who are you gonna get me? What will Toronto say? Uhhh we got Valanciunas...

Please. Brooklyn will blow them out of the water. The Russian already has the rep as willing to spend it all and do anything to win. Brooklyn has shown it can attract players. It NY. JayZ will sell him on it.

woah woah Wall is not better than Lowry, Beal/DeRozen is pretty even they just are better at different things.

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 04:22 PM

yeah youre right, oklahoma city is much more of an attractive city :rolleyes: you must be half ********.

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Stop it.

Wall > Lowry
Beal > Demar
Nene > Amir
Gortat > Val

I agree that nene is better than amir, but the rest of your comparisons are poor. Wall has a high ceiling but as of right now you cant tell me he is better than lowry this season. he hasnt been. let me know when beal has a full season of health... and thanks for leaving out ross all together, thats awesome for your credability.

ScottFromCanada
04-24-2014, 04:34 PM
Derozen is not a chucker. He was 4th in the league in free throw attempts with a damn good percentage. Salmons is a chucker.

Derozan is a bit of chucker as he is prone to taking a lot of low percentage shots. The difference between him and a guy like Rudy Gay is he'll hit a lot more of those low percentage shots than Rudy.

ScottFromCanada
04-24-2014, 04:35 PM
woah woah Wall is not better than Lowry, Beal/DeRozen is pretty even they just are better at different things.

Lowry> Wall, but I think Beal will be better than Derozan when he's 24.

mike_noodles
04-24-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm an Amir hater. Just ask the Raps forum. He's the number one guy that I would upgrade on. But there is no way that I would take Nene over Amir. Amir is the better player period. This Raptors squad is setup nicely to add Durant if they can. They need a big time SF.

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 04:45 PM

thats a prediction, doesnt say anything about where each player is at right now.

beal has been very injury prone so far and derozan is likely to be the most improved player... so as of right now Im going with derozan.

we'll see in a couple years how each player shapes out. but as of today Derozan > Beal.

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 04:46 PM
Derozan is a bit of chucker as he is prone to taking a lot of low percentage shots. The difference between him and a guy like Rudy Gay is he'll hit a lot more of those low percentage shots than Rudy.

what is your definition of a chucker ?

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 04:52 PM
@ghettosean

First of all if I compare Salmons to Ariza it gets even worse cuz Salmons is terrible.

Second my argument is not that Brooklyn is the obvious choice. My argument is that Toronto doesn't have a chance in hell if Brooklyn is a choice for him or NY or LA.

There is just so much hoping and dreaming and homerism in your post idek where to begin.

Washington is a much better place for Durant than Toronto from a basketball standpoint. Lowry (if he even stays) presents similar problems to the ones he has with Westbrook. Derozan doesn't compliment him one bit as he needs the ball and he isn't a great shooter. Amir is just a role player and Val is still raw and nobody knows what he will develop into. In Washington Wall is a willing passer. He has underrated court vision and has improved every year. Moreover he is a legitimate star player with name recognition. Beal is a perfect complimentary scorer with his beautiful stroke and off the ball skills. Gortat brings everything Val brings. Nene is better than all your big men with his scoring prowess and defensive ability.

It's just a better fit. Durant would realistically have no reason to choose Toronto over Washington.

As far as Brooklyn funny you mentioned Dwight seeing as he demanded a trade to them, proving my point. When has any player demanded a trade to Toronto?

I can name you a Toronto star that ironically enough left for the Nets and another that walked to Miami. lol Nobody wants to play there.

All the players you have are there because they were traded there or drafted and any star you develop will have to be overpaid to be kept. Huge market teams don't have that problem.

Also btw Dwight's options were quite limited. He left the Lakers cuz he never wanted to be there. He hates Kobe and Dantoni. The Bulls never wanted him or were even in a position to have him. If I remember correctly his only choices that made basketball sense were HOU and GS.

The market matters whether you wanna believe it or not. Just ask any Milwaukee or Charlotte or Minnesota fan. Unless they have a financial incentive, no superstar players sign for such teams. Moreover I know you don't wanna believe it but agents matter. They pull the strings behind the scenes. Melo to NY... Dwight to the Nets... Paul to the Lakers... sometimes it doesn't work out but for the most part the agents are the ones in the player's ear. Hell Dwight is only not in Brooklyn cuz ORL got him away from Fegan long enough to guilt him into waiving his ETO.

As far as Brooklyn you really have no clue or are perhaps pretending in order to fit your argument. Money money money. When you have an owner like Prokhorov in a market like NY there will never be a shortage of talent. Everytime someone wants to trade a player away to save money, the Nets will be there. KG will probably retire long before Durant is a FA. The Nets have a lot of financial flexibility just in time for Durant and they have been planning it that way.

I just can't understand how any logical person would be so pretentious as to think that a team like the Raptors could ever lure a superstar like Durant with powerhouse markets like NY and LA in play.

ScottFromCanada
04-24-2014, 04:55 PM
what is your definition of a chucker ?

Someone who takes a lot of low percentage shots.

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 05:02 PM
Stop it.

Wall > Lowry
Beal > Demar
Nene > Amir
Gortat > Val

Whoa whoa whoa yes Wall is much better. Lowry is still overly reliant on his jumper. Wall's jumper is improving while still being an unguardable slasher and a superior passer. His potential is much higher. In 2 years Wall might be the best PG in the league.

Beal I can't see how any sensible fan would disagree here. Beal is the perfect complimentary player unlike Derozan. Beal can catch and shoot and run off screens. Derozan only knows how to throw up bricks

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 05:04 PM
Stop it.

Wall > Lowry
Beal > Demar
Nene > Amir
Gortat > Val

I agree that nene is better than amir, but the rest of your comparisons are poor. Wall has a high ceiling but as of right now you cant tell me he is better than lowry this season. he hasnt been. let me know when beal has a full season of health... and thanks for leaving out ross all together, thats awesome for your credability.

Ariza is better than Ross. Yes Wall is better than Lowry. Beal is 21 and he is healthy. None of his injuries are lingering.

The Raptors have nothing in terms of talent on the Wizards. Plain and simple

ScottFromCanada
04-24-2014, 05:05 PM

KD wearing Drake's brand, Durant will drop Jay-z the second Drake makes his own sports-agency watch.

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 05:09 PM

I would rather have Beal to win a game and especially if I'm looking to compliment a guy like KD. He plays basketball the correct way.

Only Toronto homers think Lowry is a better player than Wall. It's only a conversation because Lowry is having a good year but overall nothing Lowry has done this year is impressive to me.

These dinosaurs that Lowry is struggling vs would be getting shredded by John Wall

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 05:10 PM
I'm an Amir hater. Just ask the Raps forum. He's the number one guy that I would upgrade on. But there is no way that I would take Nene over Amir. Amir is the better player period. This Raptors squad is setup nicely to add Durant if they can. They need a big time SF.

Nice qualifier but it doesn't make your opinion any more valid. The only thing Amir is better at is staying healthy

Pfeifer
04-24-2014, 05:12 PM
Whoa whoa whoa yes Wall is much better. Lowry is still overly reliant on his jumper. Wall's jumper is improving while still being an unguardable slasher and a superior passer. His potential is much higher. In 2 years Wall might be the best PG in the league.

Beal I can't see how any sensible fan would disagree here. Beal is the perfect complimentary player unlike Derozan. Beal can catch and shoot and run off screens. Derozan only knows how to throw up bricks

Have you honestly watched the Raps play? Your evaluation of Derozen and Lowry are pretty screwed. How does a guy who just throws up bricks get to the line the fourth most in the nba? That makes zero sense.

ghettosean
04-24-2014, 05:15 PM
@ghettosean

First of all if I compare Salmons to Ariza it gets even worse cuz Salmons is terrible.

Second my argument is not that Brooklyn is the obvious choice. My argument is that Toronto doesn't have a chance in hell if Brooklyn is a choice for him or NY or LA.

There is just so much hoping and dreaming and homerism in your post idek where to begin.

Washington is a much better place for Durant than Toronto from a basketball standpoint. Lowry (if he even stays) presents similar problems to the ones he has with Westbrook. Derozan doesn't compliment him one bit as he needs the ball and he isn't a great shooter. Amir is just a role player and Val is still raw and nobody knows what he will develop into. In Washington Wall is a willing passer. He has underrated court vision and has improved every year. Moreover he is a legitimate star player with name recognition. Beal is a perfect complimentary scorer with his beautiful stroke and off the ball skills. Gortat brings everything Val brings. Nene is better than all your big men with his scoring prowess and defensive ability.

It's just a better fit. Durant would realistically have no reason to choose Toronto over Washington.

As far as Brooklyn funny you mentioned Dwight seeing as he demanded a trade to them, proving my point. When has any player demanded a trade to Toronto?

I can name you a Toronto star that ironically enough left for the Nets and another that walked to Miami. lol Nobody wants to play there.

All the players you have are there because they were traded there or drafted and any star you develop will have to be overpaid to be kept. Huge market teams don't have that problem.

Also btw Dwight's options were quite limited. He left the Lakers cuz he never wanted to be there. He hates Kobe and Dantoni. The Bulls never wanted him or were even in a position to have him. If I remember correctly his only choices that made basketball sense were HOU and GS.

The market matters whether you wanna believe it or not. Just ask any Milwaukee or Charlotte or Minnesota fan. Unless they have a financial incentive, no superstar players sign for such teams. Moreover I know you don't wanna believe it but agents matter. They pull the strings behind the scenes. Melo to NY... Dwight to the Nets... Paul to the Lakers... sometimes it doesn't work out but for the most part the agents are the ones in the player's ear. Hell Dwight is only not in Brooklyn cuz ORL got him away from Fegan long enough to guilt him into waiving his ETO.

As far as Brooklyn you really have no clue or are perhaps pretending in order to fit your argument. Money money money. When you have an owner like Prokhorov in a market like NY there will never be a shortage of talent. Everytime someone wants to trade a player away to save money, the Nets will be there. KG will probably retire long before Durant is a FA. The Nets have a lot of financial flexibility just in time for Durant and they have been planning it that way.

I just can't understand how any logical person would be so pretentious as to think that a team like the Raptors could ever lure a superstar like Durant with powerhouse markets like NY and LA in play.

Your first statement stopped me from reading the rest of your post and you've lost credibility with on this debate... look up our starters before you try to debate further. Fields and Salmons are not on that list :facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 05:15 PM

KD wearing Drake's brand, Durant will drop Jay-z the second Drake makes his own sports-agency watch.

Lol oh stop it.

Raptors fans will cling to anything it seems. He's wearing a t-shirt meanwhile he is signed with RocNation.

If Drake's lame *** is serious about recruiting Durant he should drop the lint roller and go kiss *** to Jay cuz that's his agent

ScottFromCanada
04-24-2014, 05:16 PM
I would rather have Beal to win a game and especially if I'm looking to compliment a guy like KD. He plays basketball the correct way.

Only Toronto homers think Lowry is a better player than Wall. It's only a conversation because Lowry is having a good year but overall nothing Lowry has done this year is impressive to me.

These dinosaurs that Lowry is struggling vs would be getting shredded by John Wall

They're close but Lowry is better right now.

ScottFromCanada
04-24-2014, 05:17 PM
Lol oh stop it.

Raptors fans will cling to anything it seems. He's wearing a t-shirt meanwhile he is signed with RocNation.

If Drake's lame *** is serious about recruiting Durant he should drop the lint roller and go kiss *** to Jay cuz that's his agent

Drake is lame and I don't like him as a rapper either but Lebron. Durant, etc are lame too so they like him and that's all that matters.

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 05:25 PM

Have you honestly watched the Raps play? Your evaluation of Derozen and Lowry are pretty screwed. How does a guy who just throws up bricks get to the line the fourth most in the nba? That makes zero sense.

OK so? Do you even know what a chucker is? To me it's a player that takes low percentage shots and doesn't look to pass.

He gets to the line during the regular season. Whoopdedoo. He is still not a complimentary player. Not enough of a threat as a shooter, not a good passer, and needs the ball to be effective. Bad combination if you are bringing in a superstar scorer.

And Lowry? All he does is throw his body around everywhere and complain all game at the refs. He is a poor man's Westbrook. Likes to play hero balln and likes to take ill advised shots. I feel he sometimes gets caught up in his own hype thinking he is better than he is complaining to refs on Blake Griffin levels

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 05:30 PM
@ghettosean

Your first statement stopped me from reading the rest of your post and you've lost credibility with on this debate... look up our starters before you try to debate further. Fields and Salmons are not on that list :facepalm:

More like you stand no chance in this argument and you are bowing out gracefully to avoid embarrassment. Smart move.

You brought up Salmons not me. I mean who else is there? I've already said I think Ariza is better than Ross.

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 05:32 PM

They're close but Lowry is better right now.

Agree to disagree. Lowry has gone from severely underrated to overrated in the span of one season.

Wall is better now imo and when you factor potential it's a blowout

mike_noodles
04-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Nice qualifier but it doesn't make your opinion any more valid. The only thing Amir is better at is staying healthy

Amir is far better than Nene. And after reading all of your posts in this thread, I suggest you take a remedial basketball course and take some time to understand the game. Your ignorance and fake knowledge of the Raptors makes me slightly embarrassed for you. It's one thing to be a homer, it's another to act like you know something about a team when you very clearly haven't watched them.

Pfeifer
04-24-2014, 06:07 PM
Amir is far better than Nene. And after reading all of your posts in this thread, I suggest you take a remedial basketball course and take some time to understand the game. Your ignorance and fake knowledge of the Raptors makes me slightly embarrassed for you. It's one thing to be a homer, it's another to act like you know something about a team when you very clearly haven't watched them.

Well played. Thank you.

koreancabbage
04-24-2014, 06:11 PM

Amir is a better fit for a team where he is guy on PnR and doesn't have the ball in his hands. Nene is guy you have him take the 15 foot jumper or down in the post.

I don't think Amir is a better player per say because if both of them came at the same salary, I think people would rather have Nene than Amir, barring age and needs. They are two completely players that play the same position but i don't think Amir is as skilled as Nene ATM

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Lol oh stop it.

Drake is lame and I don't like him as a rapper either but Lebron. Durant, etc are lame too so they like him and that's all that matters.

They can all be best buds in their personal life but business is business and basketball is basketball. No reason for Durant to leave. OKC and join a worse team. The Wizards would be contenders with him though so that one I can see and Brooklyn and NY are wildcards cuz if they set themselves up they have the best shots at luring him.

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 06:18 PM

What a surprise... more Raptors fans whining when it's not about the refs it's about your team not getting enough respect.

What exactly does Amir do better than Nene? Please educate me

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 06:21 PM

Amir is a better fit for a team where he is guy on PnR and doesn't have the ball in his hands. Nene is guy you have him take the 15 foot jumper or down in the post.

I don't think Amir is a better player per say because if both of them came at the same salary, I think people would rather have Nene than Amir, barring age and needs. They are two completely players that play the same position but i don't think Amir is as skilled as Nene ATM

And definitely not as good defensively

ghettosean
04-24-2014, 06:25 PM

More like you stand no chance in this argument and you are bowing out gracefully to avoid embarrassment. Smart move.

You brought up Salmons not me. I mean who else is there? I've already said I think Ariza is better than Ross.

I brought up Salmons... lol.... what a load of crap... please quote me on bringing up Salmons... honestly... You know everyone can read the posts going back right? You are ruining your credibility further by lying. ME AND YOU never once talked about Ross you brought up Fields only then Salmons later in comparison to Ariza which is what i was alluding to you knowing nothing about this team if you don't know the starters... The only reason you brought up Ross is smith&wesson schooled your dumb*** an hour ago... We've been doing this debate all day and this is how you end it SMH. You are a waste of my time dude especially if you are going to make things up to save face.

:facepalm:

Miltstar
04-24-2014, 06:45 PM

Can you remind us who finished higher in the season standings... not to mention we took 3 of 4 from them in the regular season. man you're looking like a fool in this thread... DeRozan a chucker!?!? LMAO and Valanciunas has as much if not more potential than J-Wall

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 07:11 PM
They can all be best buds in their personal life but business is business and basketball is basketball. No reason for Durant to leave. OKC and join a worse team. The Wizards would be contenders with him though so that one I can see and Brooklyn and NY are wildcards cuz if they set themselves up they have the best shots at luring him.

the hate is literally spewing off your tongue right now... just chill will.

2-ONE-5
04-24-2014, 07:23 PM

what has Wall done to impress?

koreancabbage
04-24-2014, 07:43 PM
And definitely not as good defensively

I think both have their weaknesses and strengths on defense. I don't think Nene's defense blows Amir's out of the water or even better at this very moment. I mean, there is a reason why a healthy Amir Johnson can contribute to a top 10 defensive team all in all. Surprinsingly, he's only like 26 years old or something like that.

I mean, AJ was a second round pick while Nene was a top 10 pick - whatever you get out of Amir offensively and defensively, is bonus, for a former second rounder - and considering he's a starter somewhere in the NBA and is a blue collar worker and contributing to top 10 defense and top 10 offensive team in the league - he's basically ******** gold for the Raptors

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 07:47 PM
What a surprise... more Raptors fans whining when it's not about the refs it's about your team not getting enough respect.

you dont need to be educated. what you need to do is learn how to assess players fairly.

Itís become clear that you consider the youth and potential of the young wizards players, but donít consider the youth and potential of young raptors players.

When talking about Beal & Derozan you say Beal will be better when he is 24Ö thatís a prediction itís not something that is true today. I can easily turn around and say Jonas will be better than Gortat when heís 24.

Same goes for Ross and Ariza. . Itís so easy for you to say that Beal will be better than Derozan, Well I can easily say that Ross will be better than ArizaÖ see where Iím going with this ?

When assessing talent and making comparisons itís important to be fair and remain unbiased. If youíre going to consider things like potential when comparing Beal and Derozan.. I think you should be consistent with that thought process when comparing Jonas and Gortat or Ross and Ariza.. Otherwise it just seems that you are playing favorites with players you simply like better.

koreancabbage
04-24-2014, 07:48 PM

hustle. and is recent stats about defense, much better than Nene, from an overview:

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2013/9/15/4728314/analysis-advanced-stats-defensive-big-men

Nene is not known for his defense. and why should he, I always felt that his defense is very underwhelming at times.

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 07:56 PM

I brought up Salmons... lol.... what a load of crap... please quote me on bringing up Salmons... honestly... You know everyone can read the posts going back right? You are ruining your credibility further by lying. ME AND YOU never once talked about Ross you brought up Fields only then Salmons later in comparison to Ariza which is what i was alluding to you knowing nothing about this team if you don't know the starters... The only reason you brought up Ross is smith&wesson schooled your dumb*** an hour ago... We've been doing this debate all day and this is how you end it SMH. You are a waste of my time dude especially if you are going to make things up to save face.

Someone brought up Salmons before I did idek remember anymore. This is all so ridiculous. I can't believe anyone seriously thinks the Raptors will land Durant lmao

Or that any idiot would bring up head to head games and current seeding to prove which team has better talent

Get your game up kiddo

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 08:09 PM

the hate is literally spewing off your tongue right now... just chill will.

Lol Oh stop

There is nothing to hate on. There is nothing enviable about Toronto except maybe Valanciunas.

What you have here is 5-6 Raptors fans banding together in their united futile hope that Durant will go there.

Idec about the Raptors tbh I don't like them I don't dislike them. I just find it hilarious that Raptors fans seriously believe the Raptors have a chance at signing Durant. You guys sound like me 4 years ago tryna convince everyone that Lebron might go to the Nets cuz they young with so much potential and blah blah blah and I learned the harsh truth which is that top tier players don't go to second rate teams. Toronto is not a marquee destination.

None of you have answered me my dear Raptor clique... what player has ever demanded a trade to Toronto? What star has ever signed as a UFA with Toronto? What player ever took less to be there?

ScottFromCanada
04-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Someone brought up Salmons before I did idek remember anymore. This is all so ridiculous. I can't believe anyone seriously thinks the Raptors will land Durant lmao

Or that any idiot would bring up head to head games and current seeding to prove which team has better talent

Get your game up kiddo

He's more likely to go to Toronto than Brooklyn. You want to argue Knicks/Lakers/Houston that's one thing but he isn't going to the F*cking Nets. Besides we'll be getting Andrew Wiggins anyways so it's all good even if he chooses another city.

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2014, 08:13 PM

hustle. and is recent stats about defense, much better than Nene, from an overview:

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2013/9/15/4728314/analysis-advanced-stats-defensive-big-men

Nene is not known for his defense. and why should he, I always felt that his defense is very underwhelming at times.

Those are hardly the best stats to measure defense and are misleading. Nene is an excellent defensive player

Miltstar
04-24-2014, 08:16 PM
When assessing talent and making comparisons itís important to be fair and remain unbiased. If youíre going to consider things like potential when comparing Beal and Derozan.. I think you should be consistent with that thought process when comparing Jonas and Gortat or Ross and Ariza.. Otherwise it just seems that you are playing favorites with players you simply like better.

Not to mention Derozan may still have some untapped potential, he sure stepped up and made a statement in game 2... all of these guys are just getting their feet wet, how they fare in the playoffs this year (wizards and raps) could go a long way in determining their future.

Miltstar
04-24-2014, 08:22 PM

Get your game up kiddo

I don't think the Raps will land Durant, I only posted because I couldn't believe the nonsense spewing out of your mouth and how its clear to everyone you probably watched your first Raptors game game 1 vs Brooklyn.

Vampirate
04-24-2014, 08:29 PM
If the Wizards are a better team than the Raptors this year then statistically why do the Raptors have a better offence, defense, point differential, home record, record vs the West, record vs each other and 4 more wins?

As for the Durant thing, it's a pipe dream for every single team in the Atlantic. No team in this division has any shot at getting him.

ghettosean
04-24-2014, 08:45 PM

Get your game up kiddo

I don't think the Raps will land Durant, I only posted because I couldn't believe the nonsense spewing out of your mouth and how its clear to everyone you probably watched your first Raptors game game 1 vs Brooklyn.

No one said that the raps would land Durant he's making up more bull**** and can't back up it's a pretty sad scene man.

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 08:46 PM
Lol Oh stop

There is nothing to hate on. There is nothing enviable about Toronto except maybe Valanciunas.

What you have here is 5-6 Raptors fans banding together in their united futile hope that Durant will go there.

Idec about the Raptors tbh I don't like them I don't dislike them. I just find it hilarious that Raptors fans seriously believe the Raptors have a chance at signing Durant. You guys sound like me 4 years ago tryna convince everyone that Lebron might go to the Nets cuz they young with so much potential and blah blah blah and I learned the harsh truth which is that top tier players don't go to second rate teams. Toronto is not a marquee destination.

None of you have answered me my dear Raptor clique... what player has ever demanded a trade to Toronto? What star has ever signed as a UFA with Toronto? What player ever took less to be there?

fact of the matter is you made this in to a Toronto vs Washington thread and now you are back peddling and flip flopping back to the thread topic.

All raptor fans are aware that Toronto is not a very favourable destination for free agents, being that its the only team that plays out side of the U.S. This thread was simply about drake and the connection to Durant... the op is simply asking you the likely hood of Durant signing in Toronto as a result.. you could have just expressed your opinion that there is 0 chance of that happening and moved on...

smith&wesson
04-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Not to mention Derozan may still have some untapped potential, he sure stepped up and made a statement in game 2... all of these guys are just getting their feet wet, how they fare in the playoffs this year (wizards and raps) could go a long way in determining their future.

he didn't even acknowledge that post because he knows that his comparisons don't add up and are even hypocritical so what's the point in even entertaining this any further ?

he has reverted back to the thread topic, which indicates to me that he realizes that what he was saying was far from accurate.

thread topics like this are just asking for posters to come in here and take a huge **** on the raps. its like were asking for it.

mike_noodles
04-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Lol Oh stop

You're my new favorite poster. And who did this with Washington? Gilbert Arenas? Wow that was terrfic.

I honestly think Toronto would be in the second tier of destinations for KD, with OKC, Boston, LA and NYK at the top. Brooklyn and Washington would be in the second tier as well.

ghettosean
04-24-2014, 09:29 PM

Get your game up kiddo

This is pretty bad what I'm about to say but it just needs to be said... You are th most pathetic poster I've ever seen on this site. You make claims and accusations and can't even back them up. Having a debate is one thing but making accusations is another regarding posts within a few hours and you can't even back it up.

You are calling me an idiot regarding my debate on why the Raptors are better than the Wizards when I'm providing you cold hard statistics and you are giving me hear say. Not once in our debate did i claim that Durant would come to Toronto (On page 9 of this thread at 2:52PM I clearly stated this at the end of my last paragraph to you saying)

Below is the quote:

Not one person in this thread said Toronto has a legitimate claim to Durant but we are saying it's a POSSIBLITY that we will be on a list of his teams to join and that is not far fetched at all. You saying he would join Brooklyn over Toronto is what is far fetched when you look at the assets you currently have and the rate you team will decline by that time (considering Durants main focus is that he wants to win). You can make moves by that time but if you are the team you are now when he's a free agent you have NO SHOT compared to Toronto NONE, ZERO, ZILCH... He's been with Perkins for about 4 years why the hell would he want to join up with Deron, Johnson and Garnett who are all shells of themselves and a team that has no assets for years to come regarding picks and young talent (not to mention injury prone Lopez). Toronto is young and will get better Brooklyn is old and will get worse not much more to say[/B] but keep screaming Jay Z like he's Durants daddy who's gonna make his decision for him.

You make fun of my nickname as your opening argument and say your above me... That's cute bro real cute!

I've never said this before ever on this site but I guess I was waiting for you:

YOU ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT THE MOST PATHETIC POSTER ON THIS SITE WHO IS LYING AND MAKING **** UP TO MAKE HIMSELF SOUND MORE INTELLIGENT THAN YOU REALLY ARE!!!

Your a bloody joke dude... you are trying to make it sound like I said things and when I ask you to quote me on it you don't remember or you act childish and call names. I've continued calling you out on losing credibility for making **** up on a forum WITH POSTS that can't be deleted unless by the poster or a mod but you continue to make **** up.

I don't know what to say anymore but I just can't take you seriously you're a joke who knows nothing and talks big but can't back it up.

Don't tell people to get there game up when you have none it makes you sound even dumber than I thought you possibly could be.

ScottFromCanada
04-24-2014, 10:04 PM
You're my new favorite poster. And who did this with Washington? Gilbert Arenas? Wow that was terrfic.

I honestly think Toronto would be in the second tier of destinations for KD, with OKC, Boston, LA and NYK at the top. Brooklyn and Washington would be in the second tier as well.

Not Boston they never get elite FA's

ghettosean
04-24-2014, 10:27 PM

Not Boston they never get elite FA's

They got Ray Allen to sign there while Pierce was on the team then KG forced a trade there. Bostons a big market with great basketball tradition.

NBA_Starter
04-24-2014, 10:40 PM
The big crowds in the playoffs in Toronto have to be helping in the recruitment.

dalton749
04-24-2014, 10:55 PM
The past is the past. Because guys signed somewhere 10 years ago is irrelevant in any argument as to what guys will do now. It's all about winning, guys will go to the best situation for them to win, and most of those big markets aren't in great position to do so currently.

Do you think players are stupid enough to go to a team solely based on the logo on the jersey because they won in the past with different players, coaches, and management?

ScottFromCanada
04-24-2014, 11:07 PM
They got Ray Allen to sign there while Pierce was on the team then KG forced a trade there. Bostons a big market with great basketball tradition.

They got Allen in a trade not as an FA

Stunner
04-24-2014, 11:11 PM
KD keep losing like this I can see him leaving

ghettosean
04-24-2014, 11:22 PM
They got Allen in a trade not as an FA

You're right... god your such a d**k Scott!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SDvfGyBNIo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sorry South Park is one of my favorites... I'll keep poking fun here and there... Can't help it.

2-ONE-5
04-24-2014, 11:31 PM
He's more likely to go to Toronto than Brooklyn. You want to argue Knicks/Lakers/Houston that's one thing but he isn't going to the F*cking Nets. Besides we'll be getting Andrew Wiggins anyways so it's all good even if he chooses another city.

lol wait what?

Kinglorious
04-25-2014, 12:58 AM
I'm having a hard time reading through this thread. I don't understand all this bigger market talk because from what I've seen and read, Durant doesn't care about all that stuff, and has on numerous occasions said how he loves playing in OKC -- which is, by most standards, a small(er) city. And I don't think he's just being nice.

Durant on Oklahoma City:

ďI love playing there. The city fits me. Iím one of those guys that just likes to chill. Thatís exactly how the town is. The people are supportive. The fans are there all the time at the games. Every game feels like itís a sellout. They just support us so much.Ē

I honestly don't see him wanting to play on the biggest stage just 'cause. That's not him, I don't think. Durant is arguably the most popular player in the world -- the world -- and he plays in OKC. How did he achieve this? Well, by being the best player out there, of course, not from him showcasing himself in a big market (which OKC is not). The only reason the Thunder are on TV and are the talk of the league all the time is because they're good -- you can't deny that.

If the situation is right in 2016, I do believe Durant would at least consider Toronto equally along with the other destinations (if he hasn't won in OKC yet). I see no reason why Canada would be an issue with him personally. And yes, him growing up a fan of the Raptors, regardless of the reasons, might make him smile and think "Well, it was my dream when I was a kid, so why not?"

And for the people telling us to keep dreaming thinking that Durant would ever come up here, I'll say the same thing to you for your team because I think he stays put in OKC to be perfectly honest.

So because it hasn't happened yet means that it will never happen?

Byronicle
04-25-2014, 01:31 AM
Those are hardly the best stats to measure defense and are misleading. Nene is an excellent defensive player

Hilario is actually awful on defense. Have you not been watching the Washington vs Chicago series?

Clearly you are basing your judgement with a personal agenda you have against Raptors.

Besides having 4 more ppg and 1 more apg (Nene has a much higher usage %). Amir Johnson beats him in every category, shooting A LOT better for FG and FT percentages. Paired this with Hilario's awful defense, yes Amir Johnson is better

Miltstar
04-25-2014, 05:05 AM
lol wait what?

Although I have no clue what he is talking about and the chances of Wiggins slipping to #20 are about as good as me securing a date with Kate Upton, it was pretty darn cool seeing him basically sitting with the Raptor's on the bench rooting them on!

Kenny Powders
04-25-2014, 06:47 AM
The big crowds in the playoffs in Toronto have to be helping in the recruitment.

That's what I'm thinking. Who wouldn't want that to be your home arena.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-25-2014, 09:04 AM
His agent is Jay Z. So if there is no rap feud between the 2, maybe there's a slight 1% chance we land him.

Sly Guy
04-25-2014, 09:25 AM
I'm having a hard time reading through this thread. I don't understand all this bigger market talk because from what I've seen and read, Durant doesn't care about all that stuff, and has on numerous occasions said how he loves playing in OKC -- which is, by most standards, a small(er) city. And I don't think he's just being nice.

Durant on Oklahoma City:

I honestly don't see him wanting to play on the biggest stage just 'cause. That's not him, I don't think. Durant is arguably the most popular player in the world -- the world -- and he plays in OKC. How did he achieve this? Well, by being the best player out there, of course, not from him showcasing himself in a big market (which OKC is not). The only reason the Thunder are on TV and are the talk of the league all the time is because they're good -- you can't deny that.

If the situation is right in 2016, I do believe Durant would at least consider Toronto equally along with the other destinations (if he hasn't won in OKC yet). I see no reason why Canada would be an issue with him personally. And yes, him growing up a fan of the Raptors, regardless of the reasons, might make him smile and think "Well, it was my dream when I was a kid, so why not?"

And for the people telling us to keep dreaming thinking that Durant would ever come up here, I'll say the same thing to you for your team because I think he stays put in OKC to be perfectly honest.

So because it hasn't happened yet means that it will never happen?

Far be it from me to chime in on whether or not I think it's possible to land durant in toronto, to address the whole 'big market' thing and durant's happiness with the relative quiet of OKC, this article :

http://www.torontolife.com/informer/features/2014/04/16/sin-city-with-snow-torontos-vip-club-scene/

brings up a point that Toronto is major city without 'feeling' like a major city, since we're outside of the US, our press isn't nearly as in-your-face, we're still a hockey town first, etc etc.....Part of the reason why pro athletes and celebrities often gravitate towards unwinding when they are here. So from Durant's perspective, if he were to come here, he could have the best of both worlds without sacrificing too much. Add to that the fact the one of the raptors' greatest need is the position he plays, the fact we have cap space available, and our team has good chemistry, is young, and appears to be on the upswing currently, I can see this as a viable destination for him.

Anyway, I'm not saying he's a lock for coming here, in fact, I also think he stays put as he's got a good thing going in OKC with a perennial contender. But if the whole westbrook act starts getting to him, or his team continues to fail to bring him a championship, then I don't think it's outside of the realm of possibility that he goes in search of greener pastures, or perhaps snow-laiden ones.

ScottFromCanada
04-25-2014, 09:57 AM
lol wait what?

As an FA not draft

2-ONE-5
04-25-2014, 09:58 AM
Although I have no clue what he is talking about and the chances of Wiggins slipping to #20 are about as good as me securing a date with Kate Upton, it was pretty darn cool seeing him basically sitting with the Raptor's on the bench rooting them on!

after i replied i relaized that dude is a dupe of TorontoHuskies who was banned for being a super troll about Wiggins.

2-ONE-5
04-25-2014, 09:59 AM
As an FA not draft

see my other post Toronot Huskies. im not etting into this onsense with you again. nice try on the dupe though

ScottFromCanada
04-25-2014, 10:03 AM
You're right... god your such a d**k Scott!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SDvfGyBNIo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sorry South Park is one of my favorites... I'll keep poking fun here and there... Can't help it.

Scott should get his own spin off show.

ScottFromCanada
04-25-2014, 10:06 AM
see my other post Toronot Huskies. im not etting into this onsense with you again. nice try on the dupe though

??

2-ONE-5
04-25-2014, 10:14 AM
??

good one. hopefully there will be less Wiggins trolling this time around.

peace out

ghettosean
04-25-2014, 10:24 AM
Scott should get his own spin off show.

Always looking out for yourself aren't you Scott man what a d*ck!!!

I kid I kid!!!

ScottFromCanada
04-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Always looking out for yourself aren't you Scott man what a d*ck!!!

I kid I kid!!!

Scott is the best character after all.

I Rock Shaqs
04-25-2014, 10:41 AM
Hilario is actually awful on defense. Have you not been watching the Washington vs Chicago series?

Clearly you are basing your judgement with a personal agenda you have against Raptors.

Besides having 4 more ppg and 1 more apg (Nene has a much higher usage %). Amir Johnson beats him in every category, shooting A LOT better for FG and FT percentages. Paired this with Hilario's awful defense, yes Amir Johnson is better

Why does it bother me so much that you are saying his last name instead of his first, when literally nobody on the face of this earth ever calls him by his last name including the NBA.

Chill_Will_24
04-25-2014, 12:13 PM
null

9-21 with 6 turnovers... hell of a statement

Chill_Will_24
04-25-2014, 12:37 PM

he didn't even acknowledge that post because he knows that his comparisons don't add up and are even hypocritical so what's the point in even entertaining this any further ?

he has reverted back to the thread topic, which indicates to me that he realizes that what he was saying was far from accurate.

thread topics like this are just asking for posters to come in here and take a huge **** on the raps. its like were asking for it.

I'm not going to respond to every Raptor fan. There are too many. You guys are like roaches lol sorry best comparison I could think of. All this is from my PSD app on my phone so sadly it's too much to reply to everyone

However what potential is there? You can tell by their tendencies which players will succeed. Derozan has horrible basketball tendencies and takes bad percentage shots. Beal has tendencies that are actually valuable because they lend themselves to his success as a complimentary player not just a primary scorer. He runs off screens, he can catch and shoot and play off the ball. Derozan needs the ball. There is much more skill and talent in Beal imo than DD and his schoolyard bs. Beal is better NOW imo it's not about potential there for me

Valanciunas is still learning. If he can make another leap ill definitely say he is better than Gortat but for now Gortat understands where he needs to be better and how to stay out of foul trouble.

Also I didn't say Washington is a free agent destination. I said that if I'm Durant and im looking at the rosters with basketball success in mind I would never choose Toronto over Washington. His number 2 guy in Toronto would be either Westbrook 0.5, JR Smith and Jamal Crawford's love child, or the big guy if he keeps developing and gets to that top 3 C range

But overall I think he goes to NY or Brooklyn or LA or stays in OKC. Superstars don't leave places like OKC to go to Toronto lol

Chill_Will_24
04-25-2014, 12:45 PM
@Ghetto sean

Tell me how you really feel bro. Cmon let it out. I know it's rough in the hood

What is there to back up guy? I've told you why I think Washington has more talent. You're the one that is using head to head stats and records and seeding lmao so funny. Like the talent level has anything to do with that.

Look at the Knicks; top 3 talent didn't even make the playoffs. Get a clue lil boy

Chill_Will_24
04-25-2014, 12:49 PM
The past is the past. Because guys signed somewhere 10 years ago is irrelevant in any argument as to what guys will do now. It's all about winning, guys will go to the best situation for them to win, and most of those big markets aren't in great position to do so currently.

Do you think players are stupid enough to go to a team solely based on the logo on the jersey because they won in the past with different players, coaches, and management?

Umm yes. There is a difference between what fans think and how players think. Tradition matters to players and given the choice no player in his right mind would sign in Toronto if he can get same money and more endosment in NY with an owner like Prokhorov.

Then there is the fact that the Raptors play in Canada...

Superstars don't sign there. It's the harsh truth you guys will learn in due time

ghettosean
04-25-2014, 01:19 PM
@Ghetto sean

What is there to back up guy? I've told you why I think Washington has more talent. You're the one that is using head to head stats and records and seeding lmao so funny. Like the talent level has anything to do with that.

Look at the Knicks; top 3 talent didn't even make the playoffs. Get a clue lil boy

The beginning and end of your posts start and end in taunting.... You're maturity is clear and at this point your basketball knowledge is non existent... keep on thinking Fields or Salmons are in the starting line up for the Raptors.

Talent is your argument not mine and you poorly defend that argument with opinions and not facts. You're a joke at best and all you can do is to put words in my mouth like your talent argument to try and feel like you won a debate. I can't debate with a liar i can only debate with the adults on this forum.

I have said Toronto is the better team and I've easily proven that your talent argument is based on opinion and poorly defended with the wit and intelligence of a child.

I know you're trolling but it just shows how much you have going on in your life and how pathetic it must be... At this point I feel sorry for you dude!

My apologies to anyone who actually wanted to discuss the topic of the thread I'm done feeding the troll.

smith&wesson
04-25-2014, 02:09 PM
I'm not going to respond to every Raptor fan. There are too many. You guys are like roaches lol sorry best comparison I could think of. All this is from my PSD app on my phone so sadly it's too much to reply to everyone

However what potential is there? You can tell by their tendencies which players will succeed. Derozan has horrible basketball tendencies and takes bad percentage shots. Beal has tendencies that are actually valuable because they lend themselves to his success as a complimentary player not just a primary scorer. He runs off screens, he can catch and shoot and play off the ball. Derozan needs the ball. There is much more skill and talent in Beal imo than DD and his schoolyard bs. Beal is better NOW imo it's not about potential there for me

Valanciunas is still learning. If he can make another leap ill definitely say he is better than Gortat but for now Gortat understands where he needs to be better and how to stay out of foul trouble.

Also I didn't say Washington is a free agent destination. I said that if I'm Durant and im looking at the rosters with basketball success in mind I would never choose Toronto over Washington. His number 2 guy in Toronto would be either Westbrook 0.5, JR Smith and Jamal Crawford's love child, or the big guy if he keeps developing and gets to that top 3 C range

But overall I think he goes to NY or Brooklyn or LA or stays in OKC. Superstars don't leave places like OKC to go to Toronto lol

the below post is the one I was reffering too. I dont even think you read it, considering the post you made again above. consider the bolded.

you dont need to be educated. what you need to do is learn how to assess players fairly.

Itís become clear that you consider the youth and potential of the young wizards players, but donít consider the youth and potential of young raptors players.

When talking about Beal & Derozan you say Beal will be better when he is 24Ö thatís a prediction itís not something that is true today. I can easily turn around and say Jonas will be better than Gortat when heís 24.

Same goes for Ross and Ariza. . Itís so easy for you to say that Beal will be better than Derozan, Well I can easily say that Ross will be better than ArizaÖ see where Iím going with this ?

smith&wesson
04-25-2014, 02:21 PM
@Ghetto sean

others have tried to show you results in the form of stats to prove their case. what have you provided ? your opinion ? passing them off as facts with nothing to back up your claims.

If the wizards talent was superior to the talent in toronto why does it not show in the form of W's overall?, road W's??, head to head W's??, seeding, offensive and defensive production, performance etc. If toronto wins in ever statistical catagory in that regard, how do you still say Washington is more talented and better??

you were givenfacts, stats, numbers, results that support their claim and you respond with "what do I need to back up guy" you lose all credability.

Rockice_8
04-25-2014, 04:07 PM
Canada? LOL, Durant isn't going to Canada come on people.

smith&wesson
04-25-2014, 04:12 PM

whats wrong with Canada ?

mjt20mik
04-25-2014, 04:28 PM
Salmons and Patterson lmao I guess they are good players when it benefits your argument huh? On RaptorsHQ they shred those guys to pieces.

Also please don't be a homer. All star means he is a better player? Put up stats on a mediocre playoff team? He is a chucker. He dropped 30 oh wait he shot 9-21 lol cmon man. Beal is a better more efficient scorer that doesn't need the ball cuz he is a great catch and shoot guy and running off screens. Derozan is an athletic Jamal Crawford at best

Homer? That's hilarious.

If the Raptors are a mediocre playoff team (which had a higher seed than Washington), what does mean for Washington? Are they a below average playoff team?

Also using 1 game as a sample size is pathetic. Beal has had a tremendous post season, but in no way is he a better player than Demar. Demar over the season has been shooting better from the field and scoring more, he's been getting to the line more often. The only advantage Beal has is he's a far better three point shooter. Everything else he is lacking with comparison to Demar.

I know Masai said some hurtful stuff about the Nets, but c'mon man, don't let that cloud your judgement.

mjt20mik
04-25-2014, 04:29 PM
whats wrong with Canada ?

Apparently Durant hates igloo's, snowsleds, and 12 months of winter...

:eyebrow:

mike_noodles
04-25-2014, 05:08 PM

Generally most Raps fans understand the stigma about players signing in Canada. Charles Barkley was on the radio the other day and FWIW he says that it is false, that they haven't signed in the past because we sucked. We'll see how things shake down in the future. But with all of the great Canadian talent coming to the NBA now, things may change. You may actually hear of players wanting to come here.

Slade123
04-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Superstars don't sign there. It's the harsh truth you guys will learn in due time

Just like Vince Carter? Oh wait, he did sign an extension. Then you must mean Chris Bosh. Oh wait, he too signed an extension.

You need to speak facts "lil boy"!!!

Slade123
04-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Generally most Raps fans understand the stigma about players signing in Canada. Charles Barkley was on the radio the other day and FWIW he says that it is false, that they haven't signed in the past because we sucked. We'll see how things shake down in the future. But with all of the great Canadian talent coming to the NBA now, things may change. You may actually hear of players wanting to come here.

Shaq said the exact same thing. I'm paraphrasing but he said "Toronto is a top 3 player destination. You can quote me on that". The main reason players don't want to come to Toronto is because their not a winning team.

2-ONE-5
04-26-2014, 09:34 AM
who cares what shaq says? players sign with mediocre teams to be the man all the time. ive yet to see that happen in toronto

Chill_Will_24
04-26-2014, 10:01 AM
null

I understand but I look at more than youth when I form an opinion about a players potential. Like I've mentioned countless times Beal has better tools to work with so his potential is higher. I don't see anything special in Ross in all honestly. If he ever becomes better than Ariza I doubt it's defensively and offensively what can he do? He seems like another player that just likes to jack up shots. He is athletic but how does he channel it? He and Demar have managed to make Joe Johnson look almost worth his contract lol Ross scored 51 once.. yipee Jennings scored 55 once. Streaky players are streaky.

Valanciunas is where all the potential lies. It's scary to think how good he might become. If he could develop some form of passing skills which is what I've always hated about Lopez is his tendencies to always look to score and rarely reads the play and passes off the double... if Val can learn that well and develop it we could be looking at a top 5 C. That being said I doubt big Val is enough to lure a superstar like Durant. Not with Brooklyn and NY and maybe LA in play

waveycrockett
04-26-2014, 10:08 AM
I've never seen TOR fan base so energized like this not even in the VC days. TOR finally looks like a basketball town and I think Drake has helped put TOR on the MAP as far as less informed americans go. Ive never been but sounds like a great city problem is it's never been a great basketball city until now. I think they will have no problem recruiting quality players in the future as long as Masai is running things. I dont think they have a shot at KD though just because I think the Nets have Jay-z, the allure of NYC, a great owner, the Barclays center and now Kidd to entice KD. Nets are a first class organization

Chill_Will_24
04-26-2014, 10:12 AM
@Ghetto sean

The beginning and end of your posts start and end in taunting.... You're maturity is clear and at this point your basketball knowledge is non existent... keep on thinking Fields or Salmons are in the starting line up for the Raptors.

Talent is your argument not mine and you poorly defend that argument with opinions and not facts. You're a joke at best and all you can do is to put words in my mouth like your talent argument to try and feel like you won a debate. I can't debate with a liar i can only debate with the adults on this forum.

I have said Toronto is the better team and I've easily proven that your talent argument is based on opinion and poorly defended with the wit and intelligence of a child.

I know you're trolling but it just shows how much you have going on in your life and how pathetic it must be... At this point I feel sorry for you dude!

My apologies to anyone who actually wanted to discuss the topic of the thread I'm done feeding the troll.

Idk what the hell your argument is anymore ghetto boy. I have explained to you why I think Washington has a more talented squad.

The problem is that you took issue that I said better team and then you proceeded to spout off all your head to head and seeding bs.

My argument was always more in terms of 2016 and Durant and not as much this season. Although yes I still believe that Washington is proving a better team this post season. They look more poised against a tougher team. Raps have looked in over their heads.

Any intelligent fan knows the regular season doesn't matter. Nets didn't care about seeding, resting players left and right. Pierce said in the beginning that the Atlantic banner meant nothing to him implying only second rate teams celebrate that. The Bulls clearly didnt care about seeding and never have. The only teams that cared about seeding are the Raps and Pacers cuz that's how losers think .

The playoffs is where teams prove which is better. Not a regular season

Chill_Will_24
04-26-2014, 10:31 AM
@Ghetto sean

others have tried to show you results in the form of stats to prove their case. what have you provided ? your opinion ? passing them off as facts with nothing to back up your claims.

If the wizards talent was superior to the talent in toronto why does it not show in the form of W's overall?, road W's??, head to head W's??, seeding, offensive and defensive production, performance etc. If toronto wins in ever statistical catagory in that regard, how do you still say Washington is more talented and better??

you were givenfacts, stats, numbers, results that support their claim and you respond with "what do I need to back up guy" you lose all credability.

Oh god just when I thought you and I were getting on the same page my friend. Please don't go Forrest Gump on me like Ghetto Boy. None of those stats represent talent. Stop taking them out of context and deriving inaccurate conclusions from them. All those stats show is that the Raps have played better this regular season. By using those metrics you also fail to account for coaching and system and injuries and other things that must be considered.

Moreover while we can certainly continue to discuss this season, I must remind you that my argument is mainly in regards to 2016 and Durant i.e talent and potential vs team success and current player stats. You don't even know what these teams will look like in 2016. Will Lowry even be there? Will Val develop some form complimentary game? Cuz I can already tell you from experience dumping the ball down low to a talented big man that doesn't have passing ability is a bad strategy unless the team is built perfect around him. I have hope for Val since generally Euros have much better passing instincts than American players

Also like I've said... there is also the issue of it being Toronto Canada. If this were a semi desirable team like Houston or Dallas or Golden State that may not be the biggest markets but are big enough and are teams players wanna play for but we are talking about the Raptors. No superstar wants to play there and Drake and Justin Bieber will make no difference

Chill_Will_24
04-26-2014, 10:38 AM

Homer? That's hilarious.

If the Raptors are a mediocre playoff team (which had a higher seed than Washington), what does mean for Washington? Are they a below average playoff team?

Also using 1 game as a sample size is pathetic. Beal has had a tremendous post season, but in no way is he a better player than Demar. Demar over the season has been shooting better from the field and scoring more, he's been getting to the line more often. The only advantage Beal has is he's a far better three point shooter. Everything else he is lacking with comparison to Demar.

I know Masai said some hurtful stuff about the Nets, but c'mon man, don't let that cloud your judgement.

Umm Yea I'm certain Raptors, Bobcats, and Pacers were the only teams playing for seeds lol the teams losing their series cuz playing for higher seeds is what losers do. Washington rested Nene and Beal through the season. Brooklyn rested everyone at one point or another, Heat rested Wade, even the Bulls while they don't rest anyone said all season they don't care who they play.

Also playoffs is where the pretenders are seperated from the good teams. I rather have a player who plays well when it matters (Wall, Beal ) than players who shoot 8-22

Chill_Will_24
04-26-2014, 10:42 AM

He and Shaq said the same thing about the Nets and guess what... Lebron and Melo still wouldn't sign there even though they had all that youth and a really bright future.

The only real stars you ever had left. Players can say whatever they want but actions speak louder and I have yet to see any top player ask to be in Toronto or sign there unless overpaid. You guys will overpay Lowry this summer just to keep him

Chill_Will_24
04-26-2014, 10:45 AM

Just like Vince Carter? Oh wait, he did sign an extension. Then you must mean Chris Bosh. Oh wait, he too signed an extension.

You need to speak facts "lil boy"!!!

We are discussing unrestricted free agency and players that demanded trades. Generally most players sign their extensions provided their situation is not horrible. Durant though if he fails to win by 2016 will leave and Canada will not be where he goes. Not with rich teams like NY and Brooklyn waiting

waveycrockett
04-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Great Arena+Great Owner=1st class organization. The Brooklyn Nets have that already I believe any team with those ingredients it's only a matter of time until the great players and championships start coming

Chill_Will_24
04-26-2014, 10:55 AM
who cares what shaq says? players sign with mediocre teams to be the man all the time. ive yet to see that happen in toronto

It will not. Toronto will get someone like a B+ talent like Eric Gordon or some disgruntled star like that and they will have a nice lil squad but dreaming about Durant is on some LOLZ ****

mike_noodles
04-26-2014, 11:36 AM
It will not. Toronto will get someone like a B+ talent like Eric Gordon or some disgruntled star like that and they will have a nice lil squad but dreaming about Durant is on some LOLZ ****

Same goes for Washington and Brooklyn, that's what you seem to be missing. It's lol funny that anyone thinks that one of those two have a better shot at signing him. Especially Washington. At least Toronto and Brooklyn have some type of connection to him.

waveycrockett
04-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Dwight Howard tried forcing his way to Brooklyn over the Lakers. What superstar would ever do that for Toronto?

ScottFromCanada
04-26-2014, 11:49 AM
I've never seen TOR fan base so energized like this not even in the VC days. TOR finally looks like a basketball town and I think Drake has helped put TOR on the MAP as far as less informed americans go. Ive never been but sounds like a great city problem is it's never been a great basketball city until now. I think they will have no problem recruiting quality players in the future as long as Masai is running things. I dont think they have a shot at KD though just because I think the Nets have Jay-z, the allure of NYC, a great owner, the Barclays center and now Kidd to entice KD. Nets are a first class organization

It's always been a great basketball city it's just that it never has a chance to show it because they only get recognition from ESPN if they are in the playoffs. If a city like Brooklyn or Miami went in a playoff drought like Toronto they would be averaging 12,000 fans a game Toronto supports the Raptors no matter what.

ScottFromCanada
04-26-2014, 11:52 AM
Dwight Howard tried forcing his way to Brooklyn over the Lakers. What superstar would ever do that for Toronto?

That was before the season began and Brooklyn was expected to be a contender.

waveycrockett
04-26-2014, 12:07 PM
That was before the season began and Brooklyn was expected to be a contender.

Being contender has nothing to do with it so much as players see the Big Market, The new arena, the great ownership and want to play here. It's exactly what is turning around TOR now too. People beginning to realize that TOR isn't a place where Polar bears hang out that will help them recruit. Once they are able to groom another superstar who wants to play and recruit that will help them alot. I dont see them being able to poach KD though at all. Andrew Wiggins is a guy I could see them getting and he will help recruit future canadian stars.

BALLER R
04-26-2014, 12:08 PM

You might not want to live here for your own personal reasons. But you would probably love it for visits. It's a really nice city.

BALLER R
04-26-2014, 12:12 PM
This won't be a factor in a few years with more Canadian players coming in the league. If you start having superstars from here then things could change. It's going to take some time but from seeing some of these young kids playing ball in 5-10 years there will be a ton more players.

ScottFromCanada
04-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Being contender has nothing to do with it so much as players see the Big Market, The new arena, the great ownership and want to play here. It's exactly what is turning around TOR now too. People beginning to realize that TOR isn't a place where Polar bears hang out that will help them recruit. Once they are able to groom another superstar who wants to play and recruit that will help them alot. I dont see them being able to poach KD though at all. Andrew Wiggins is a guy I could see them getting and he will help recruit future canadian stars.

The Blue Jays used to be in the same situation until they created a winning culture back in the 90's and then the stars suddenly wanted. Raptors have never had a winning culture because the previous owners were all about profit. This is no longer the case the Raptors are owned by two major telecommunication companies who obviously do not want to be linked to loser franchises because it reflect them as a company.

Maybe Toronto should try to trade for Durant in his final year instead of going after him as a UFA because that will at least force him to come for a year and give us an advantage at signing him. Celtics are one of the NBA's most respected franchises and yet they have a Toronto-like history when it comes to signing UFA's. Allen and Garnett weren't signed they were traded for and maybe this is what Toronto needs to do to get a guy like Durant to sign.

2-ONE-5
04-26-2014, 12:37 PM
Same goes for Washington and Brooklyn, that's what you seem to be missing. It's lol funny that anyone thinks that one of those two have a better shot at signing him. Especially Washington. At least Toronto and Brooklyn have some type of connection to him.

hahaha exactly this

Chill_Will_24
04-26-2014, 07:22 PM

You might not want to live here for your own personal reasons. But you would probably love it for visits. It's a really nice city.

Never been but I've heard it's beautiful. Still doesn't change the fact that it's a second rate basketball destination for a top free agent like Durant that will have 2 or 3 huge market teams recruiting him.

Players know that they can get help playing for huge market teams like NY and CHI. So those teams don't really need much but a strong pitch. Toronto needs a superstar in place to even get that chance with him so you better hope Valanciunas fullfills his vast potential

Chill_Will_24
04-26-2014, 07:25 PM

The Blue Jays used to be in the same situation until they created a winning culture back in the 90's and then the stars suddenly wanted. Raptors have never had a winning culture because the previous owners were all about profit. This is no longer the case the Raptors are owned by two major telecommunication companies who obviously do not want to be linked to loser franchises because it reflect them as a company.

Maybe Toronto should try to trade for Durant in his final year instead of going after him as a UFA because that will at least force him to come for a year and give us an advantage at signing him. Celtics are one of the NBA's most respected franchises and yet they have a Toronto-like history when it comes to signing UFA's. Allen and Garnett weren't signed they were traded for and maybe this is what Toronto needs to do to get a guy like Durant to sign.

As a small market well run organization I doubt they would be stupid enough to take Derozan and whatever crap the Raptors offer. The conversation would start and end with Valanciunas and 4-5 picks and Valanciunas alone would be a deal breaker imo for Toronto. OKC is too smart to take a 24y old B level player like Demar

ghettosean
04-26-2014, 08:41 PM

Miller > Vasquez
Ariza> Fields

Straw man all of it!

Fields is not a starter your brilliance :D Nice to know you like Forest Gump! Saw it in one of your recent posts... What's his famous quote again... You know what it is ;)

It reminds me of you :D

ghettosean
04-26-2014, 08:42 PM
@ghettosean

Showing more of your limited basketball knowledge when talking about Raptors starters... This is not straw man this is Forest Gump.

ghettosean
04-26-2014, 08:47 PM

No one doubts that Wall is younger and because of that he has more potential but you say Wall is better NOW because of straw man arguments.

FriedTofuz
04-26-2014, 08:52 PM
To be honest, I personally think John wall will have a better careero than Lowry, without a doubt, but at this current point in time, Lowry is the better PG and leading his team to winning. But I know how talented JOhn wall he is, and how much of his potential he sitll has yet to live up to, so he'll definitely be better than lowry in the longrun.

As for beal, Beal is 100X better shooter than Derozan, but other than that, I would not say he's better than derozan. Definitely not

As for gortat vs Val, it's similar to Comparing Wall and Lowry. Gortat and Lowry both being the vets, and the young guys are not exactly at their best yet, but at this current point in time, the vets have beeen playing better. So Gortat > Val for sure. But in the longrun,Val will be the betterp layer. Just like how Wall will def be better than Lowry in the future.

Washington has a better chance at signing Durant than Toronto. Then again, Playing In Toronto and being the best player since Vince carter would be prettty awesome to Durant, it's what he grew up Loving.

ghettosean
04-26-2014, 08:53 PM
Ariza is better than Ross. Yes Wall is better than Lowry. Beal is 21 and he is healthy. None of his injuries are lingering.

:yawn:

No evidence again more straw man

ScottFromCanada
04-26-2014, 08:53 PM
As a small market well run organization I doubt they would be stupid enough to take Derozan and whatever crap the Raptors offer. The conversation would start and end with Valanciunas and 4-5 picks and Valanciunas alone would be a deal breaker imo for Toronto. OKC is too smart to take a 24y old B level player like Demar

They already got robbed on Harden why not Durant?

FriedTofuz
04-26-2014, 08:54 PM
It honestly excites me to see how well Val has been playing, he's going to be an elite player and multiple all star for years to come. Once his defense starts coming around and he gets stronger, the raptor will continue to grow. They dont need to tank.

ghettosean
04-26-2014, 08:56 PM

Straw man strikes again with no evidence to support his claim :yawn:

ghettosean
04-26-2014, 09:01 PM
Agree to disagree. Lowry has gone from severely underrated to overrated in the span of one season.

Wall is better now imo and when you factor potential it's a blowout

Straw man no evidence AGAIN why Wall is better NOW... I agree he has more potential because of his age and current skill but you provide no evidence for your straw man.

ghettosean
04-26-2014, 09:09 PM

Get your game up kiddo

You can't even back up your accusations of me bringing up a subject because you are the king of straw man.

No raptor fan has made any claims to us landing Durant this whole thread is theoretical but you can continue with your straw man arguments and accusations :rolleyes:

Your word means a lot right now.

FriedTofuz
04-26-2014, 09:16 PM
Honestly though, I personally thought the wizards were better on paper than the raptors before the rudy gay trade, and I still think their players have better potential to be better in the longrun compared to the raptors, with the exception of val, who I think will be a dominant force in the league for years to come. As for derozan, I think he'd still edge off beal, Demar continues to get better, one day he'll shoot 40% from 3PT range and you'll be like WTF? never thought he had it in him. Or a better scenario, a decent defender because right now he's pretty bad.

ghettosean
04-26-2014, 09:22 PM

Straw man strikes again

You provide no evidence just questions :clap: :clap: :clap:

That's wonderful for a straw man argument.

ghettosean
04-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Chill_Will_24 again knocking Derozan in his praise of Beal (Not that Beal is not good Wizard fans it's just how ridiculous he's getting with it all)

OK so? Do you even know what a chucker is? To me it's a player that takes low percentage shots and doesn't look to pass.

He gets to the line during the regular season. Whoopdedoo. He is still not a complimentary player. Not enough of a threat as a shooter, not a good passer, and needs the ball to be effective. Bad combination if you are bringing in a superstar scorer.

And Lowry? All he does is throw his body around everywhere and complain all game at the refs. He is a poor man's Westbrook. Likes to play hero balln and likes to take ill advised shots. I feel he sometimes gets caught up in his own hype thinking he is better than he is complaining to refs on Blake Griffin levels

Derozan's TS%, FG%, PER and AST are all higher than Beals (for your straw man comparisons) and he's less injury prone and ranked top 5 among SG's in the league in efficiency... Beal is 23rd (Amazing for a sophomore) and has a better 3pt percentage but is basically lesser in every other category compared to Demar Derozan who you say 9 million is overpaying and Beal is better :facepalm:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/sg

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bealbr01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/derozde01.html

You are are the king of straw man. You can't even support your straw man with data as you do not provide an ounce of evidence to support your claims.

ghettosean
04-26-2014, 09:43 PM
The below is a response to Chill_Will_24 in regards to Amir Johnson is not as good as Nene argument and he literally asked to be educated.

When given stats you give your straw man and provide no proof of your own just your word... Which is what you will probably do with all the stats I gave you comparing Demar to Beal (Beal is a great player but at this point in his career he's not better than Demar though I think they are different animals).

You simply dismiss evidence and use your word as law but what can I say you are the king of straw man.

ghettosean
04-26-2014, 10:05 PM
My apologies to all for derailing this thread but there was so many opinionated straw man arguments by the one poster I just couldn't let it slide anymore... I just want to state that I don't think the Wizards are a bad team nor do I have anything against them but when you keep getting the same poster saying the same nonsensical things and backs it up with nothing but he's better than him because I said so crap then proceeds to make fun of the statistics I provide... Well he just needed to be called out on it. Just for the record I'd be happy to have Nene or Beal on my squad (Not over my starting line up though) and I would trade Lowry for Wall in a heartbeat because of the age differential and potential for him to be a top 3 PG in the league... Both teams futures look bright right now.

Jamiecballer
04-26-2014, 10:34 PM
@ghettosean

I question your judgment when you say that Lowry presents similar problems for Durant as Westbrook. Where is the similarity?

One is an efficient relatively low usage PG and the other is clearly not.

Chill_Will_24
04-26-2014, 10:50 PM
Straw man strikes again with no evidence to support his claim :yawn:

Do you even know what a straw man is Mr. Ghetto?

Chill_Will_24
04-26-2014, 11:02 PM
It honestly excites me to see how well Val has been playing, he's going to be an elite player and multiple all star for years to come. Once his defense starts coming around and he gets stronger, the raptor will continue to grow. They dont need to tank.

I wouldnt concern myself with his defense. His defensive struggles are more to do imo with inexperience. Once he gets coached some and learns how to make the best use of his huge frame i expect him to get to that level of Hibbert, gasol and Brook Lopez who were all tops in defending the rim. He has all the tools.

What he needs to develop which only one of those guys i mentioned has is a passing game. If he can become a threat from the high post like the Gasol brothers with passing ability or even just learning to make accurate reads like seend the double early and making the correct pass. That is something Brook Lopez lacks and one reason i have always said he is overrated. Just nothing there in the way of basketball iq. If Valanciunas can learn to react to the defense better he will be great. He is already a load down low but can he translate that to success for his team by making his teammates better or will he be like Brook Lopez; a black hole on offense that with a style that lends itself to his teammates ball watching and standing around.

Running an offense from the inside out is tricky when you have a big man that cant pass well. One thing is for certain though. Valanciunas has too much talent and potential to be reduced to a glorified garbage man like he is being used now. Casey is only going to him more in this series because its his only exploitable mismatch with Amir unable to find himself