PDA

View Full Version : 14 Durant vs 13 Lebron vs 08 Kobe

RocketLoc80
03-22-2014, 09:46 AM
Who season was more dominant in terms of all around not just scoring and who`s will be remembered more ?

EL_MACHETE
03-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Kd

BALLER R
03-22-2014, 10:13 AM
Durant could probably win the scoring title for the next 5-6 years.

slashsnake
03-22-2014, 10:47 AM
I'd go with Durant this year, though I'd think about the 05-06 season for Kobe when he had that awful team as the best of the three..

THE MTL
03-22-2014, 10:49 AM
I was going to say 2008 Kobe?..why not 2006 Kobe who dropped 81pts and averaged 40ppg over an entire month

KnicksorBust
03-22-2014, 10:53 AM
2014 Durant won't be remembered historically unless he wins the ring. For me it's between 13 LeBron and 08 Kobe. I'll go with 2013 LeBron.

MTar786
03-22-2014, 11:06 AM
why 08 kobe? thats not even 1 of his top 3 seasons

06,07,03 were all wayyyyyyy better

MTar786
03-22-2014, 11:07 AM
i think this durant season is better than 08 kobe and 13 lebron btw

beyourself
03-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Kobe isn't as dominant as these guys. Period. So forget it.

12-13 was LeBron's best season in the NBA.

13-14 is Durant's best season in the NBA so far.

Having watched a lot of both those season's Durant looks a little more unstoppable to me. His ability to score so easily just puts it over the top.

ManRam
03-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Regular season? Close between KD and LeBron. Full season, well...KD has to do it in the playoffs too.

Not sure why we're including 08 Kobe.

gangis2169
03-22-2014, 11:16 AM

Having watched a lot of both those season's Durant looks a little more unstoppable to me. His ability to score so easily just puts it over the top.

LMAO!!! Congrats for the dumbest post this year. In 2006 Kobe was doing everything KD was doing but better. In 12-13 I thought KD was better than Lebron. 12 -13 getting .500fg, .4003pt fg, and 90%ft is extremely hard to do especially at the level that KD plays at.

1. Kobe 06
2. KD 12-13
3. Lebron 12-13

The only player that I think has ever had a better season in the modern era than Kobe in 06 is Jordan in 88-89

RocketLoc80
03-22-2014, 12:20 PM

So you think KD will be the better small forward then Lebron historically?

DreamShaker
03-22-2014, 12:22 PM
None can touch 12 Hasheem Thabeet.

Ebbs
03-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Kobe has no business

RocketLoc80
03-22-2014, 12:26 PM
All of you who saying KD is better than Lebron all time do you all think he will win more championships?

Hawkeye15
03-22-2014, 12:51 PM
KD's season is incomplete, so its easily 12-13' LeBron for now.

jerellh528
03-22-2014, 12:53 PM

Kobe wasn't as efficient, but he was more dominant. Teams feared him, I don't think anyone fears lbj or kd. It's a different breed.

Hawkeye15
03-22-2014, 12:56 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=bryanko01&y1=2008&p2=duranke01&y2=2014&p3=jamesle01&y3=2013

LeBron actually had a better regular season last year than KD is having this year, even if its slight. KD will have to win the MVP, Finals, and Finals MVP to even be in the discussion of who had the better season ultimately.

Kobe, while great in any year you take him, simply has no dog in this fight. LeBron has already put up 6-7 statistical seasons superior to anything Kobe has, and at age 25, you figure Durant is going to be putting up that many as well.

beyourself
03-22-2014, 12:57 PM
All of you who saying KD is better than Lebron all time do you all think he will win more championships?

WTF? Some of us think he's had the better single regular season. Yipppppeee.

Hawkeye15
03-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Kobe wasn't as efficient, but he was more dominant. Teams feared him, I don't think anyone fears lbj or kd. It's a different breed.

impossible to quantify, and you are wrong regardless. James, and now Durant as well, get more gameplanned for than anyone in the league.

beyourself
03-22-2014, 12:59 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=bryanko01&y1=2008&p2=duranke01&y2=2014&p3=jamesle01&y3=2013

LeBron actually had a better regular season last year than KD is having this year, even if its slight. KD will have to win the MVP, Finals, and Finals MVP to even be in the discussion of who had the better season ultimately.

Kobe, while great in any year you take him, simply has no dog in this fight. LeBron has already put up 6-7 statistical seasons superior to anything Kobe has, and at age 25, you figure Durant is going to be putting up that many as well.

Durant 09-10, 12-13 and 13-14 are already better than any of Kobe's seasons. So that puts him at a count of 3 already at 25 years old.

Hawkeye15
03-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Durant 09-10, 12-13 and 13-14 are already better than any of Kobe's seasons. So that puts him at a count of 3 already at 25 years old.

yeah, I mean its a tricky deal. How much do we weigh advanced stats, with some other stuff? Now, if KD wins the MVP, and even makes the finals, with a good playoff run, he absolutely had the better season than Kobe. But to pass LeBron's 12-13' campaign, he needs to win it all, and dominate doing so.

Kobe, statistically, just doesn't stack up to either KD or James prime wise. I really wonder how differently we would view Kobe if he went to the Hornets.

Matter.
03-22-2014, 01:04 PM

yeah, I mean its a tricky deal. How much do we weigh advanced stats, with some other stuff? Now, if KD wins the MVP, and even makes the finals, with a good playoff run, he absolutely had the better season than Kobe. But to pass LeBron's 12-13' campaign, he needs to win it all, and dominate doing so.

Kobe, statistically, just doesn't stack up to either KD or James prime wise. I really wonder how differently we would view Kobe if he went to the Hornets.

Same could be asked about LeBron staying in Cleveland

beyourself
03-22-2014, 01:06 PM

Kobe's best seasons and the seasons when he was capable of most individually were post shaq and pre gasol. His efficiency didn't really drop, but he raised his volume during that time and using the eye test it looked like he had most of his moves by then and was still at the top athletically.

When Kobe was a 1 man show the Lakers were just mediocre. If he went to the Hornets were are probably looking at a higher turnover version of T-Mac with just a super long prime.

beyourself
03-22-2014, 01:08 PM

We saw LeBron in Cleveland on a horrible team. He dragged them to the best record in the league and went to the Finals.

It was simply amazing. And I really, really, really dislike LeBron. But the basketball brilliance was there and surpassed anything Kobe ever dreamed of.

FraziersKnicks
03-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Lbj 13

Matter.
03-22-2014, 02:29 PM

We saw LeBron in Cleveland on a horrible team. He dragged them to the best record in the league and went to the Finals.

It was simply amazing. And I really, really, really dislike LeBron. But the basketball brilliance was there and surpassed anything Kobe ever dreamed of.

Doubt he would be able to that past 2010 as in take them to the finals

slashsnake
03-22-2014, 02:43 PM
Doubt he would be able to that past 2010 as in take them to the finals

That would have been interesting to see. I'd like to think that front office could have improved the team around him, but watching them and what they've done with all their picks, I don't think they would have. Of course, no Lebron in Miami means last year the Knicks would have been the #1 seed in the East. Year before it was an old celtic squad in the playoffs who was the 2nd best team (Rose went out with his injury).

It wouldn't have been the toughest road in NBA history to the finals.

Hawkeye15
03-22-2014, 03:32 PM

no, it couldn't. Kobe probably doesn't win any titles, and his stats fail in comparison to LeBron's in Cleveland. Meaning, without being a perennial winner, is Kobe even top 20?

Obviously the same can be said of a bunch of guys at the top, but LeBron's numbers are getting him top 10 if he never won a ring. Kobe's would not is what I am getting at.

Hawkeye15
03-22-2014, 03:33 PM
That would have been interesting to see. I'd like to think that front office could have improved the team around him, but watching them and what they've done with all their picks, I don't think they would have. Of course, no Lebron in Miami means last year the Knicks would have been the #1 seed in the East. Year before it was an old celtic squad in the playoffs who was the 2nd best team (Rose went out with his injury).

It wouldn't have been the toughest road in NBA history to the finals.

The Cavs front office turned down a trade for Amare well before his knees went out, because of Hickson's "potential".

That FO is a joke.

Bostonjorge
03-22-2014, 03:42 PM

Lebron doing what Iverson and Kidd(twice) did is less impressive when theses 2 guys had less help then Lebron. They also actually won a finals game. Kobe and a long list of great players can pull this off no problem.

Every single playoff run for kobe was more challenging then anything James had to go up against easily. 16-1 in the playoffs coming out the west sweeping a defending champ along the way is something worth dreaming about.

jerellh528
03-22-2014, 04:16 PM
no, it couldn't. Kobe probably doesn't win any titles, and his stats fail in comparison to LeBron's in Cleveland. Meaning, without being a perennial winner, is Kobe even top 20?

Obviously the same can be said of a bunch of guys at the top, but LeBron's numbers are getting him top 10 if he never won a ring. Kobe's would not is what I am getting at.

Eh, who knows? We don't. Maybe If kobe wasn't on such good teams his stats would inflate like a lot of other guys on crap teams. Love, tmac, iverson, lbj in Cleveland etc.

Supreme LA
03-22-2014, 05:10 PM

Are you and Heatbeat the same person? Just curious.

I don't see how you can have a more dominant season scoring than Kobe had 06-07. The guy literally beat teams all by himself and faced double and triple teams all year long. His 40 pt scoring average over a month and his string of consecutive 50 pt games, 62 in 3 qtrs vs Dallas, and 81 against the raptors a few days later is just legendary.

I don't know how you define dominance but every team was geared to stop Kobe that season and no one succeeded.

If you also take into account all the help each player had during their best seasons, it's obvious Kobe had the least. That says a whole lot.

jerellh528
03-22-2014, 05:19 PM

I don't see how you can have a more dominant season scoring than Kobe had 06-07. The guy literally beat teams all by himself and faced double and triple teams all year long. His 40 pt scoring average over a month and his string of consecutive 50 pt games, 62 in 3 qtrs vs Dallas, and 81 against the raptors a few days later is just legendary.

I don't know how you define dominance but every team was geared to stop Kobe that season and no one succeeded.

If you also take into account all the help each player had during their best seasons, it's obvious Kobe had the least. That says a whole lot.

For real, that was just flat out dominance. I don't think these guys remember, but I watched 95% of games that year it was flat out stupid how teams and coaches feared his lethality. These guys today are great scorers, but I can watch an entire heat game and not even know when lbj is in or on the bench unless he makes a highlight dunk. Back watching those laker games everyone knew where Kobe was at all times and prayed that he would eventually take a breather.

slashsnake
03-22-2014, 05:40 PM

Help doesn't exactly make ones numbers better (ask Chris Bosh). In fact it usually takes away posessions. Look at when Jordan was scoring just silly numbers. It was when Oakley, Corzine, Vincent, and Paxson were his top offensive teammates.

Bostonjorge
03-22-2014, 06:05 PM

If kobe was in a situation like Cleveland his entire career then kobe would have already broken the all time points list and maybe even broke the 100 point game. Would of had about 6-7 MVP's and have scoring averages that surpass even Jordan. Kobe ripping up the east every year and all his numbers go way up.

ManRam
03-22-2014, 06:50 PM
If kobe was in a situation like Cleveland his entire career then kobe would have already broken the all time points list and maybe even broke the 100 point game. Would of had about 6-7 MVP's and have scoring averages that surpass even Jordan. Kobe ripping up the east every year and all his numbers go way up.

Have I told you that you've surpassed Illusionist as my favorite Kobephile? Congrats!

slashsnake
03-22-2014, 07:16 PM

6-7 MVP's is it? Nah, I think he'd have been the first player to be voted MVP as a unanimous selection 18 straight times had he gone to Cleveland. First to a 200 point game (as a rookie nonetheless), first to average a quadruple double in a season, and first to dunk from half court (while the announcers all yell BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!), and would have gotten the NBA to call a special hall of fame voting to put him directly in after his 7th season when he surpassed Kareem on the all time points list, a ceremony he would have missed because he was out fighting crime as a superhero in his spare time.

Had he gone to Cleveland he would have revived their economy so well singlehandedly that they would trade the entire city and its population with Miami just to have beachfront housing.

Jamiecballer
03-22-2014, 07:20 PM
Comparing any year Kobe has had to those other two is a joke. We are talking about quality not just quantity peoples.

Hawkeye15
03-22-2014, 07:37 PM
Lebron doing what Iverson and Kidd(twice) did is less impressive when theses 2 guys had less help then Lebron. They also actually won a finals game. Kobe and a long list of great players can pull this off no problem.

Every single playoff run for kobe was more challenging then anything James had to go up against easily. 16-1 in the playoffs coming out the west sweeping a defending champ along the way is something worth dreaming about.

wow

Hawkeye15
03-22-2014, 07:39 PM

Kobe isn't winning one MVP with those rosters, since at best, they are winning 45-50 games. I have not seen a player in modern basketball (post 1980), that could have led that roster to back to back 60 win seasons. Even MJ wouldn't have, because he would never have involved his teammates to the degree LeBron did. Not saying LeBron is better, saying he is the one player who can turn garbage into a paper contender I have ever seen.

Hawkeye15
03-22-2014, 07:40 PM
Eh, who knows? We don't. Maybe If kobe wasn't on such good teams his stats would inflate like a lot of other guys on crap teams. Love, tmac, iverson, lbj in Cleveland etc.

He would have had awesome raw numbers, but his impact in the winning column doesn't match LeBron. Those Cleveland teams wouldn't have sniffed 60 wins. Kobe just doesn't have the two way impact.

beyourself
03-22-2014, 08:25 PM
I've been a poster on numerous sports and NBA forums. This forum is the best as far as limiting trolls, insightful knowledge, objectivity, etc.

All this tends to go out the window with Kobe Bryant. The one and only topic that can derail anything. The stans that he has is just out of this world. Nobody or no team past or present can compare.

Hawkeye15
03-22-2014, 08:32 PM
I've been a poster on numerous sports and NBA forums. This forum is the best as far as limiting trolls, insightful knowledge, objectivity, etc.

All this tends to go out the window with Kobe Bryant. The one and only topic that can derail anything. The stans that he has is just out of this world. Nobody or no team past or present can compare.

just sorta ignore the 5-6 that are really bad about derailing.

Though, this is a thread asking specifics about Kobe, Lebron, and Durant. What did you expect?

slashsnake
03-22-2014, 08:47 PM

I think mediocre QB who won games might be a bit more of a crazy topic than Kobe... But they would be 1 and 1a.

Phenom1
03-22-2014, 09:29 PM

Yes EAST. Make him do that in the West. You guys are all nuts, kobe and lebron are better than KD. Basketball fans just tend to live in the moment. Theres more to basketball than just stats. If you see Lebron and Kobe then, they were just in another level.

Phenom1
03-22-2014, 09:32 PM

People just forgot about kobe cuz he hasn't played lately. Haha I'm not even a big kobe fan, but the hate lebron and kobe gets here is insane.

Supreme LA
03-23-2014, 12:17 AM
Help doesn't exactly make ones numbers better (ask Chris Bosh). In fact it usually takes away posessions. Look at when Jordan was scoring just silly numbers. It was when Oakley, Corzine, Vincent, and Paxson were his top offensive teammates.

Yeah but if you're gonna look at it that way then you also have to consider who on that Laker roster was a threat besides Kobe. So taking that into account, you must realize that Kobe faced double & triple teams every single night when defenses were geared to stop him and he still produced as much as he did in such a dominant fashion.

Hawkeye15
03-23-2014, 12:23 AM
Yes EAST. Make him do that in the West. You guys are all nuts, kobe and lebron are better than KD. Basketball fans just tend to live in the moment. Theres more to basketball than just stats. If you see Lebron and Kobe then, they were just in another level.

Durant is playing better right now that Kobe ever has. In fact, he has already had another season better than Kobe ever did.

Like I stated earlier, I would have loved to see where Kobe is rated if he wasn't drafted into the best franchise in the past 30 years.

Hawkeye15
03-23-2014, 12:24 AM
Yeah but if you're gonna look at it that way then you also have to consider who on that Laker roster was a threat besides Kobe. So taking that into account, you must realize that Kobe faced double & triple teams every single night when defenses were geared to stop him and he still produced as much as he did in such a dominant fashion.

when did Kobe face double and triple teams? When his rosters weren't anywhere near contender worthy? Cause whey he played his first 6 years, and then every year with Gasol/Bynum/Odom, I didn't see double teams going his way.

tredigs
03-23-2014, 12:31 AM
There's no season you can find where Kobe hits the scoring volume+efficiency that KD's at, and he wasn't the playmaker, rebounder or consistent defender either (but All NBA D Teams!%1. Care. He was still receiving 1st team votes last season for D. It's a farce). In that 35 ppg year he was averaging the same number of FT's and SEVEN more attempts per game than KD and his 32 ppg this season. Along with less apg and much weaker advanced stats. Their seasons aren't close, KD absolutely crushes the best of Kobe.

Sadds The Gr8
03-23-2014, 01:03 AM
Durant

Supreme LA
03-23-2014, 01:36 AM
when did Kobe face double and triple teams? When his rosters weren't anywhere near contender worthy? Cause whey he played his first 6 years, and then every year with Gasol/Bynum/Odom, I didn't see double teams going his way.

We're talking 06-07. YouTube any games/highlights and you will see constant double and triple teams.

Hawkeye15
03-23-2014, 01:46 AM
We're talking 06-07. YouTube any games/highlights and you will see constant double and triple teams.

Not buying it. Furthermore, if I was coaching against Kobe then, I would have thrown pressure at him as well. He was going to shoot, might as make it difficult..

S & B Bleeder
03-23-2014, 02:32 AM
Not buying it. Furthermore, if I was coaching against Kobe then, I would have thrown pressure at him as well. He was going to shoot, might as make it difficult..

This post literally sounds like it is coming from the mouth of the idiotic synapse challenged gimp in the overrated movie your garbage avatar is dedicated to.

Kobe averaged more than 40 points for an entire MONTH. He is second with 4 straight 50+ games in a row behind Wilt's 10. None of these other chumps have accomplished anything close to that, let alone do it with constant double and triple teams throughout thier career like he has.

Then theres the playoffs.....lets see, with a broken finger on his SHOOTING HAND he took home the trophy. Then he did it again on a shredded knee. Oh, and got finals MVP both times. Window licking droolcup needing ***** like yourself who cant get past thier laughably pathetic hatred of a team that has flat out dominated thier team and skewed thier vision of what the truth is make me smile.

You remind me of knickfan during the Jordan years.....they were just hilariously stupid in thier hatred of him.

BTW, KD said KOBE and JORDAN are 1A and 1B GOAT, and he's right.

:laugh:

EAD, tool. I'll take KD's opinion over some internet slob like yourself every day of the week and twice on sunday.

Phenom1
03-23-2014, 02:48 AM
This post literally sounds like it is coming from the mouth of the idiotic synapse challenged gimp in the overrated movie your garbage avatar is dedicated to.

Kobe averaged more than 40 points for an entire MONTH. He is second with 4 straight 50+ games in a row behind Wilt's 10. None of these other chumps have accomplished anything close to that, let alone do it with constant double and triple teams throughout thier career like he has.

Then theres the playoffs.....lets see, with a broken finger on his SHOOTING HAND he took home the trophy. Then he did it again on a shredded knee. Oh, and got finals MVP both times. Window licking droolcup needing ***** like yourself who cant get past thier laughably pathetic hatred of a team that has flat out dominated thier team and skewed thier vision of what the truth is make me smile.

You remind me of knickfan during the Jordan years.....they were just hilariously stupid in thier hatred of him.

EAD, tool. I'll take KD's opinion over some internet slob like yourself every day of the week and twice on sunday.

Don't waste your time, they wont listen. I bet 10 years from now they'll say someone is way better than KD even if hes not, just because ESPN told them to and they forget players greatness after a couple of years. To say Kobe wasnt get doubled team is one of the dumbest comment ever.

Hawkeye15
03-23-2014, 02:56 AM

so you are immune to advanced stats apparently. Or basic scouting premise...

You also act as if every player has the right opinion, even though we have overwhelming evidence they have no clue what they are talking about the majority of the time.

Hawkeye15
03-23-2014, 03:01 AM
did I just get called a gimp btw? hahaha

Sadds The Gr8
03-23-2014, 03:09 AM

lmao

majmarcus
03-23-2014, 03:53 AM
It is absolutely amazing how you guys will attempt to use ANYTHING and EVERYTHING possible to pin an argument against Kobe while propping up KD and/or LBJ. I mean my gosh, you mofos act as if just any ol body can just walk into a gym and perform on the Level of a Kobe. If its not his efficiency you bytchn about, its his defense. If its not his defense, its the kinda shots he takes. If its not the kinda shots he takes, its his arrogance or leadership. Its always something with you posters lol. One would think you'd get tired of swallowing and eventually choke on Lebrons babies--but I guess you're committed.

To use such terms like "better than Kobe ever has" when comparing one of Kobes best seasons to KD or Bron is a joke in itself. So damn what Kobe shot a lower percentage, who was ballin better than Kobe during Kobes prime years? The unfortunate thing is those 3 guys arent competing at their peaks. But Anyone of guys would be kidding yourselves if you act as Kobe wouldnt outlast them IF he was at the top of his game. When he was locked in, Kobes on ball defense bests either of those guys. Hawkeye is like a Hellcrooner clone seemingly making it a point to water down Any of Kobes accomplishments. Lol did Kobe do anything right besides put on his uniform? My goodness...

tredigs
03-23-2014, 04:07 AM
"My goodness", the fans who aren't fans of either of the three teams and watch a ton of games + can read the massive disparity in their #'s tend to think KD and Bron's best regular seasons clearly outperform Kobe's. Myyy Goodness.

Post-season is another matter all together and I will fully back the fact that Kobe steps up his D on that stage - which closes the gap between the three - but he still wasn't there. Sorry. I know he's popular as **** and smooth as hell to watch when he's on, but some people can see and focus beyond that and recognize a players total value in comparison to other legendary seasons (some pending). Myyy gooodness.

Supreme LA
03-23-2014, 06:12 AM
"My goodness", the fans who aren't fans of either of the three teams and watch a ton of games + can read the massive disparity in their #'s tend to think KD and Bron's best regular seasons clearly outperform Kobe's. Myyy Goodness.

Post-season is another matter all together and I will fully back the fact that Kobe steps up his D on that stage - which closes the gap between the three - but he still wasn't there. Sorry. I know he's popular as **** and smooth as hell to watch when he's on, but some people can see and focus beyond that and recognize a players total value in comparison to other legendary seasons (some pending). Myyy gooodness.

Nothing you said represents any unbiased fan's opinion on this board at all. I would really love to hear your reasons for why you think Lebron and KD's best season trumps Kobe's 06-07 season the way you say it does and I'm pretty sure everyone else does as well.

Hawkeye15
03-23-2014, 07:24 AM
Nothing you said represents any unbiased fan's opinion on this board at all. I would really love to hear your reasons for why you think Lebron and KD's best season trumps Kobe's 06-07 season the way you say it does and I'm pretty sure everyone else does as well.

every advanced number known to man puts any season Kobe has played below what LeBron has done multiple times, and Durant has now done 2-3 times, especially this year. Does any Kobe fan really believe he EVER played as well as Durant has this year?

tredigs
03-23-2014, 09:04 AM

No, I'm pretty sure it's just Kobe stans. But, here: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=bryanko01&y1=2007&p2=duranke01&y2=2014

I'd explain further if the two were comparable in their impact in these seasons, but they aren't. KD's crushes his bud.

beyourself
03-23-2014, 11:30 AM
I found it kind of funny. Type in the word "Stan" in Urban Dictionary. The first entry that pops up references Kobe Bryant.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stan

Jamiecballer
03-23-2014, 12:32 PM
It is absolutely amazing how you guys will attempt to use ANYTHING and EVERYTHING possible to pin an argument against Kobe while propping up KD and/or LBJ. I mean my gosh, you mofos act as if just any ol body can just walk into a gym and perform on the Level of a Kobe. If its not his efficiency you bytchn about, its his defense. If its not his defense, its the kinda shots he takes. If its not the kinda shots he takes, its his arrogance or leadership. Its always something with you posters lol. One would think you'd get tired of swallowing and eventually choke on Lebrons babies--but I guess you're committed.

To use such terms like "better than Kobe ever has" when comparing one of Kobes best seasons to KD or Bron is a joke in itself. So damn what Kobe shot a lower percentage, who was ballin better than Kobe during Kobes prime years? The unfortunate thing is those 3 guys arent competing at their peaks. But Anyone of guys would be kidding yourselves if you act as Kobe wouldnt outlast them IF he was at the top of his game. When he was locked in, Kobes on ball defense bests either of those guys. Hawkeye is like a Hellcrooner clone seemingly making it a point to water down Any of Kobes accomplishments. Lol did Kobe do anything right besides put on his uniform? My goodness...

Kobe was a great player but it's not hard to see the extra value in doing things in an efficient manner. A basketball game does not have an infinite number of possessions. What you do with each and every one of them counts. And the more efficiently you do your part, the more likely that the sum of your teams effort will result in victory. Super straightforward.

Degree of difficulty counts for less than nothing, which is the only category in which Kobe trumps either of these other two.

Baller1
03-23-2014, 01:41 PM
I don't know how anyone can answer anything other than Lebron's '12-'13 season. There's really no argument for the other two.

Baller1
03-23-2014, 01:43 PM
And Durant's '13-'14 season dwarfs anything we've ever seen from Kobe. Dwarfs it.

majmarcus
03-23-2014, 01:45 PM
@ Jami, I gotcha boss!

Now, another thing that people LOVE going to is the overplayed, overrated numbers argument. I'd concede the fact without hesitation that Durant is a much better shooter. But when I hear these brainless prisoners of the moment people that Lebron shoots a better percentage than Kobe. I cant do anything but laugh. If you were to place a prime Kobe on the same stage with Durant and Lebron. You'd easily see that Lebron and Durant takes SAFER SHOTS than Kobe. Understand, I'm not mad at that. But Mamba is just as capable of splitting the nets if left wide open like the other two.

He(Kobe) still gets punished for playing with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown and God knows whoever else. If im not mistaken, during those 2 seasons, he avg 35pts and 31pts. He was the sole reason why they nearly upset Phx in that 1st rd and these chickens act as if its nothing. But let Lebron in a wnba azz East get 60wins and there's no one in the world like him. Gimme a break!! Durant plays with a talent in Westbrook...WESTBROOK. that fella aint no slouch. He had Harden coming off the Bench and no one says anything. Lebron FLEES to Miami in a haste to escape the Cavs to link up with BOSH AND WADE. Yeah he got a lil heat for it. But boy you guys sure has forgiven him or managed to conveniently look over those things to, you guessed it, elevate them above Kobe. Kobe gets a soft azz but highly skilled/talented Gasol and thats another knock against him. Smh...Im not gonna even touch that bogus rings argument ive heard. Kobe only has his 5 rings because...

Mane, whatever! You idiots continue to corrupt common knowledge with selective amnesia. Not to mention those guys are friggin huge and long in physical stature compared to Kobe. But Kobe, by far, has a better post game. Look, Kobe has done just as much if not more with less talent in an always tough West as those guys has. Your arguments are both closed minded and typical.

YAWL SUCK!!!!! Thee end lol

#TeamKobebaby#

Baller1
03-23-2014, 01:49 PM
@ Jami, I gotcha boss!

Now, another thing that people LOVE going to is the overplayed, overrated numbers argument. I'd concede the fact without hesitation that Durant is a much better shooter. But when I hear these brainless prisoners of the moment people that Lebron shoots a better percentage than Kobe. I cant do anything but laugh. If you were to place a prime Kobe on the same stage with Durant and Lebron. You'd easily see that Lebron and Durant takes SAFER SHOTS than Kobe. Understand, I'm not mad at that. But Mamba is just as capable of splitting the nets if left wide open like the other two.

He(Kobe) still gets punished for playing with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown and God knows whoever else. If im not mistaken, during those 2 seasons, he avg 35pts and 31pts. He was the sole reason why they nearly upset Phx in that 1st rd and these chickens act as if its nothing. But let Lebron in a wnba azz East get 60wins and there's no one in the world like him. Gimme a break!! Durant plays with a talent in Westbrook...WESTBROOK. that fella aint no slouch. He had Harden coming off the Bench and no one says anything. Lebron FLEES to Miami in a haste to escape the Cavs to link up with BOSH AND WADE. Yeah he got a lil heat for it. But boy you guys sure has forgiven him or managed to conveniently look over those things to, you guessed it, elevate them above Kobe. Kobe gets a soft azz but highly skilled/talented Gasol and thats another knock against him. Smh...Im not gonna even touch that bogus rings argument ive heard. Kobe only has his 5 rings because...

Mane, whatever! You idiots continue to corrupt common knowledge with selective amnesia. Not to mention those guys are friggin huge and long in physical stature compared to Kobe. But Kobe, by far, has a better post game. Look, Kobe has done just as much if not more with less talent in an always tough West as those guys has. Your arguments are both closed minded and typical.

#TeamKobebaby#

Yet he's had neither of them this season and has put up one of the best individual seasons in NBA history.

Using a lack of talent argument for a player like Kobe who has been blessed with playing next to Shaq and Gasol for a majority of his career is ****ing ridiculous.

WadeKobe
03-23-2014, 02:20 PM
This is PSD at its finest.

Kobe stans arguing not only that Kobe has ever been as good as LBJ and KD these past two years, but regressing to the insanity of suggesting that Kobe is 1A to MJ's 1B all time.

It never fails in these conversations that the trusty 5 or 6 of them will eventually admit their insane belief that Kobe is a top2-5 player of all time, and end up saying that Kobe was either better or "more accomplished" than Michael Jordan. It is incredible. I have never seen a cult like it in all of sports.

NFLNBA
03-23-2014, 02:27 PM

Kobe averaged more than 40 points for an entire MONTH. He is second with 4 straight 50+ games in a row behind Wilt's 10. None of these other chumps have accomplished anything close to that, let alone do it with constant double and triple teams throughout their career like he has.

Then theres the playoffs.....lets see, with a broken finger on his SHOOTING HAND he took home the trophy. Then he did it again on a shredded knee. Oh, and got finals MVP both times. Window licking droolcup needing ***** like yourself who cant get past their laughably pathetic hatred of a team that has flat out dominated their team and skewed their vision of what the truth is make me smile.

You remind me of knickfan during the Jordan years.....they were just hilariously stupid in their hatred of him.

I agree with Durrant as well when it comes to perimeter players. They are easily the 2 greatest all time and both top 5 players IMO. I never liked comparing players that play different positions and also played in different times. Lebron a 6'8 260 pound point forward/pass first player. Most his point are around rim and easy fast break points, rare combo of size and speed. Durrant a 6'10, extremely long armed SF with a great jump shot and long range shot, a rare combo of length, size, and shooting ability for man his size. Kobe 6'6 shooting guard with best all-around scoring ability we have seen since Jordan. Perimeter game, best footwork by any perimeter player ever, great post game, killer instict, top notch defense when needed. Scorer first. All great players but because of their size differences, position differences, and generations they played in they are not really comparable. Compare Lebron to Magic, Durrant to Dirk, Kobe to Jordan. But again they still played in different times. You put a prime Jordan or Kobe in todays NBA their stats would be a lot better. This NBA is a no defense aloud, flopping, no centers, watered down talent NBA. Its a gina league now. Hopefully this so called great draft class coming up ads some talent to this league. This NBA is all about the superstars teaming together and joining then beating eachother. Imagine if Jordan had Barkley and Stockton join him in Chicago lol

Anyway ive watched all three of these players and ill admit im a huge fan of Kobe generation of ball. He is just on a different level of play IMO, his prime was the most dominate perimeter play ive ever seen. His toughness, kill you mode attitude was off the charts. Things he did nobody can do now. Nobody in this league can get you 81 pts, nobody in this league can beat a team by themsleves 61-62 through THREE quarters lol nobody in this league can get you 4 straight 50 point games or NINE straight 40 pt games tied with Jordan. I get the love for Lebron and Durrant cause both are great talents! They are both so rare in size and skill. Both very proficient players who are always aware of their FG%. But if you go and watch the tapes of all 3 in their primes its no question who needed to be doubled and watched more. Kobe was just a special killer. Sad he is all but gone. You can tell the NBA is not the same without him. Kobe and Duncan are last of the 2 greats from previous generation and both are about done :(

Jamiecballer
03-23-2014, 03:06 PM
@ Jami, I gotcha boss!

#TeamKobebaby#
These are all just excuses for why Kobe hasn't been quite as good as Lebron and possibly Durant and its totally unnecessary. He's had a phenomenal career and will be remembered as one of the better SGs in the history of the game.

Supreme LA
03-23-2014, 03:39 PM
So basically dominance = efficiency? I remembered in other threads Kobe haters were saying skills is determined by efficiency as well. So basically everything having to do with basketball can all be judged by shooting efficiency? Is it safe for me to assume all of you stat geeks would have no clue on how to judge talent and dominance without your numbers?

beyourself
03-23-2014, 03:55 PM
So basically dominance = efficiency? I remembered in other threads Kobe haters were saying skills is determined by efficiency as well. So basically everything having to do with basketball can all be judged by shooting efficiency? Is it safe for me to assume all of you stat geeks would have no clue on how to judge talent and dominance without your numbers?

Shooting efficiency isn't about stat geeks. It's simple. Guy shoots ball. Ball goes in or ball goes out.

S & B Bleeder
03-23-2014, 06:41 PM
KEVIN DURANT HIMSELF said KOBE and JORDAN were 1a and 1b GOAT.

HE'S RIGHT. Especially since he's played against one of them for years.

Suck it, haters.....truth hurts.

Again, the WORLD will take the word of an established NBA superstar over some pathetic cheetos stained internet slobs who think otherwise. :laugh:

Baller1
03-23-2014, 06:44 PM

Do you want a guy who makes shots or misses shots? If you like a player that makes shots instead of misses shots, then you should like Lebron more so than Kobe.

Is that rudimentary enough for you?

Jamiecballer
03-23-2014, 06:48 PM

i have no idea how to answer this because i don't know what it means or where you got that from.

majmarcus
03-23-2014, 07:24 PM

My point exactly. They cant argue anything without going to numbers and it just so happens to be the numbers that dims the light on Kobe. I give credit where credit is due. But these guys act as though Kobe is chopped liver compared to KD and Lebron

Jamiecballer
03-23-2014, 07:39 PM
My point exactly. They cant argue anything without going to numbers and it just so happens to be the numbers that dims the light on Kobe. I give credit where credit is due. But these guys act as though Kobe is chopped liver compared to KD and Lebron

i haven't witnessed anyone saying that. he's one of the best players the game has ever seen but he's a notch below Jordan, Lebron, and quite possibly Durant. big whoop. if that makes Kobe fans insecure so be it.

i do get it though. if the Lakers were my team, and Kobe was my guy and i lived through all those years i'd probably say to hell with what the numbers say, i know what i saw. but i didn't. i have no rooting interest in any of these teams.

koreancabbage
03-23-2014, 07:40 PM

and thats why i can't trust the eye test - you guys leave great last shots and important moments overshadow, an otherwise, an above average to excellent career but not really top 5 material as people would suggest i.e. behind Jordan.

example: people saying Kobe is clutch. well he's had SOME clutch moments, but stat wise, he makes less than most of the current stars today % wise. but people say he is clutch and continue to do so. Thats just one aspect of the eye test. Kobe isn't clutch or as clutch as his reputation proceeds him. ya'll being fooled.

example: If people can say Lebron won't finish second to Jordan (which is probably 99% true), how can they ever make the same argument for Kobe, where he pales in comparison to Jordan. Jordan had the %s and superb all round court game and ridiculous stat lines. Kobe has none of that (and people gotta stop saying if Kobe wanted to - well he didn't want to 99% of the time)

Kobe is not 1a,2,3,4,5,6,or 10 compared to Jordan and his all round game.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-23-2014, 08:42 PM
06 Kobe close thread.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-23-2014, 08:43 PM
and thats why i can't trust the eye test - you guys leave great last shots and important moments overshadow, an otherwise, an above average to excellent career but not really top 5 material as people would suggest i.e. behind Jordan.

example: people saying Kobe is clutch. well he's had SOME clutch moments, but stat wise, he makes less than most of the current stars today % wise. but people say he is clutch and continue to do so. Thats just one aspect of the eye test. Kobe isn't clutch or as clutch as his reputation proceeds him. ya'll being fooled.

example: If people can say Lebron won't finish second to Jordan (which is probably 99% true), how can they ever make the same argument for Kobe, where he pales in comparison to Jordan. Jordan had the %s and superb all round court game and ridiculous stat lines. Kobe has none of that (and people gotta stop saying if Kobe wanted to - well he didn't want to 99% of the time)

Kobe is not 1a,2,3,4,5,6,or 10 compared to Jordan and his all round game.

Jordan 1A Kobe 1B

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-23-2014, 08:43 PM

Again, the WORLD will take the word of an established NBA superstar over some pathetic cheetos stained internet slobs who think otherwise. :laugh:

Win, Lmao.

jerellh528
03-23-2014, 09:34 PM

J Crawford just said that too like today lol.

Supreme LA
03-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Shooting efficiency isn't about stat geeks. It's simple. Guy shoots ball. Ball goes in or ball goes out.

But how does that relate to dominance exactly?? I mean, Tyson Chandler has had higher efficiency numbers than Shaq but does that mean he was more dominant than Shaq? Judging by your logic, Tyson was. Get what I'm saying?

Let me just say, stats dont lie but they certainly don't tell the whole story either. I wished many of you stat guys would understand that you can't just throw out efficiency numbers and have that be the end to any debate unless we're talking one specific statistic in particular and excluding all others, and in this it's dominance, to which it can be attributed to a variety of factors.

Supreme LA
03-23-2014, 10:49 PM
Do you want a guy who makes shots or misses shots? If you like a player that makes shots instead of misses shots, then you should like Lebron more so than Kobe.

Is that rudimentary enough for you?

No it's not. So according to your logic Tyson Chandler was more dominant than Shaq was. I just don't agree with how you guys equate efficiency to dominance. I wouldn't argue with you had this topic been about shooting efficiency because it's clear Lebron is really good at dunking and layups. But Kobe was a threat on every space of the floor and forced defenses to guard him the moment he crossed half court. Just look at Kobe's shot chart and you would clearly see that nobody in the history of the game has a more varied shot from every spot on the floor.

Again, I think this comes down to how you define dominance and I don't appreciate that people like chalk it up to efficiency when there are so many other factors. Your numbers don't account for every instance, every possible scenario, and all the other variables that are left out when analyzing skewed statistics.

majmarcus
03-23-2014, 11:30 PM
Supreme la for president!!!!!

tredigs
03-24-2014, 12:01 AM
I find it funny, and obvious, that none of the stans could directly respond to my post of the pure facts.

Chronz
03-24-2014, 12:34 AM
Win, Lmao.

Lies, llullz

Chronz
03-24-2014, 12:36 AM
He said that in terms of skills. This discussion is about their impact on the basketball game, not aesthetics of difficulty. As in, Kobe was ALWAYS more skilled than Shaq, but he was NEVER as dominant as him.

You speak on behalf of the world now? Your argument so shallow that you have to rely on popularity?

Chronz
03-24-2014, 12:40 AM
But how does that relate to dominance exactly?? I mean, Tyson Chandler has had higher efficiency numbers than Shaq but does that mean he was more dominant than Shaq? Judging by your logic, Tyson was. Get what I'm saying?
I highly doubt thats his logic, sounds more like the flimsy logic of someone who doesn't understand how to truly measure efficiency, at least not beyond a rudimentary glance at per possession efficiency. Usage matters.

Let me just say, stats dont lie but they certainly don't tell the whole story either. I wished many of you stat guys would understand that you can't just throw out efficiency numbers and have that be the end to any debate unless we're talking one specific statistic in particular and excluding all others, and in this it's dominance, to which it can be attributed to a variety of factors.
I see far more people willing to disregard stats and outright misuse them in attempting to diminish them.

Supreme LA
03-24-2014, 01:05 AM
I find it funny, and obvious, that none of the stans could directly respond to my post of the pure facts.

You haven't said anything but talk crap about Kobe fans.

Baller1
03-24-2014, 01:53 AM
No it's not. So according to your logic Tyson Chandler was more dominant than Shaq was. I just don't agree with how you guys equate efficiency to dominance. I wouldn't argue with you had this topic been about shooting efficiency because it's clear Lebron is really good at dunking and layups. But Kobe was a threat on every space of the floor and forced defenses to guard him the moment he crossed half court. Just look at Kobe's shot chart and you would clearly see that nobody in the history of the game has a more varied shot from every spot on the floor.

Again, I think this comes down to how you define dominance and I don't appreciate that people like chalk it up to efficiency when there are so many other factors. Your numbers don't account for every instance, every possible scenario, and all the other variables that are left out when analyzing skewed statistics.

Lebron has better career averages than Kobe in the following:

FG%
3PT%
PPG
RPG
APG
SPG
BPG
TS%
EFG%
REB%
AST%
BLK%
STL%
ORtg
DRtg
PER
Win Share /48

Lebron has better career playoff averages than Kobe in the following:

FG%
PPG
RPG
APG
SPG
BPG
TS%
EFG%
REB%
AST%
BLK%
STL%
ORtg
DRtg
PER
WS/48

So... What dominance are you referring to exactly. Because EVERY SINGLE STATISTIC favors Lebron, not just shooting efficiency like you're implying.

Lebron dominates basketball in every possible way, more than Kobe could ever dream of. Lebron is the more efficient scorer, better passer, better rebounder, and better defender.

How the hell do you define dominance? Because it sounds like you're defining it erroneously. Want to know what dominance in basketball is? Just watch Lebron play, that defines it.

He's better than Kobe, no matter how biased Kobe stans want to be. He's simply better, period.

WadeKobe
03-24-2014, 02:59 AM

FG%
3PT%
PPG
RPG
APG
SPG
BPG
TS%
EFG%
REB%
AST%
BLK%
STL%
ORtg
DRtg
PER
Win Share /48

FG%
PPG
RPG
APG
SPG
BPG
TS%
EFG%
REB%
AST%
BLK%
STL%
ORtg
DRtg
PER
WS/48

So... What dominance are you referring to exactly. Because EVERY SINGLE STATISTIC favors Lebron, not just shooting efficiency like you're implying.

Lebron dominates basketball in every possible way, more than Kobe could ever dream of. Lebron is the more efficient scorer, better passer, better rebounder, and better defender.

How the hell do you define dominance? Because it sounds like you're defining it erroneously. Want to know what dominance in basketball is? Just watch Lebron play, that defines it.

He's better than Kobe, no matter how biased Kobe stans want to be. He's simply better, period.

Lol. Torched.

Supreme LA
03-24-2014, 04:16 AM

FG%
3PT%
PPG
RPG
APG
SPG
BPG
TS%
EFG%
REB%
AST%
BLK%
STL%
ORtg
DRtg
PER
Win Share /48

FG%
PPG
RPG
APG
SPG
BPG
TS%
EFG%
REB%
AST%
BLK%
STL%
ORtg
DRtg
PER
WS/48

Were we debating who is the better overall player??? I assumed we were comparing Kobe's 06-07 season to Lebron and KD's best season for offensive dominance. Try again.

WadeKobe
03-24-2014, 08:33 AM
Were we debating who is the better overall player??? I assumed we were comparing Kobe's 06-07 season to Lebron and KD's best season for offensive dominance. Try again.

You are literally ignorant.

todu82
03-24-2014, 12:33 PM
2013 Lebron.

Baller1
03-24-2014, 01:00 PM

Lololol, Kobe's '06-'07 season is dwarfed by Lebron's '12-'13. So again, what dominance are you talking about?

Lebron had the higher:

FG%
3PT%
APG
RPG
SPG
BPG
PER
TS%
EFG%
AST%
RBD%
STL%
BLK%
ORtg
DRtg
WS/48

All while averaging less turnovers.

Kobe averaged more points on less efficiency. Big ****ing deal.

Lebron dominates. That's it, period.

Supreme LA
03-25-2014, 05:06 AM
Lololol, Kobe's '06-'07 season is dwarfed by Lebron's '12-'13. So again, what dominance are you talking about?

Lebron had the higher:

FG%
3PT%
APG
RPG
SPG
BPG
PER
TS%
EFG%
AST%
RBD%
STL%
BLK%
ORtg
DRtg
WS/48

All while averaging less turnovers.

Kobe averaged more points on less efficiency. Big ****ing deal.

Lebron dominates. That's it, period.

This is exactly my point. We're debating who had the more dominant season offensively and you throw out every stat you can when the only stats that are relevant for you are fg% and 3pt %. How again does efficiency equate to offensive dominance????

So Kobe averages 40 pts over a stretch of a month, 35 PPg, 62 in 3 qtrs, his 81 pt game, and a string of 50 pt games and all you can give is fg% and 3pt %. So basically you're saying the fact that Lebron is great at layups and dunks he had a more dominant season offensively???? I don't understand how off topic you're going.

It's fools like you that continue to ignore everything that Kobe accomplished that season and try to raise Lebron for being more efficient when that has very little to do with offensive dominance in the sense that he didn't terrify the league the way Kobe did that 06-07 season.

Supreme LA
03-25-2014, 05:08 AM
You are literally ignorant.

If you go back and read our discussion about offensive dominance you'll realize I was never debating who was more dominant overall. I merely made the point that offensively Kobe was more dominant. I take you disagree as well and probably chalk it up Lebron's fg% and 3pt %.

Baller1
03-25-2014, 11:36 AM
This is exactly my point. We're debating who had the more dominant season offensively and you throw out every stat you can when the only stats that are relevant for you are fg% and 3pt %. How again does efficiency equate to offensive dominance????

So Kobe averages 40 pts over a stretch of a month, 35 PPg, 62 in 3 qtrs, his 81 pt game, and a string of 50 pt games and all you can give is fg% and 3pt %. So basically you're saying the fact that Lebron is great at layups and dunks he had a more dominant season offensively???? I don't understand how off topic you're going.

It's fools like you that continue to ignore everything that Kobe accomplished that season and try to raise Lebron for being more efficient when that has very little to do with offensive dominance in the sense that he didn't terrify the league the way Kobe did that 06-07 season.

Assists, rebounding, controlling the ball, running an offense, etc., are all part of offense.

I'm going to fear the guy who does all of those things better, all while putting the ball in the basket at a more efficient rate.

Kobe may be the best bulk scorer to ever touch a basketball, that's fine. But just as much as a team may fear Kobe going off for 60 points, they can just as easily hope for him to shoot his own team out of the game by shooting 35% on 35+ shots. Meanwhile Lebron is putting up near triple doubles on 50% shooting regularly... Now, who would you fear more playing defense? The guy who sets up his teammates for easy scores and takes shots that you know are likely going in, or a guy who's going to shoot it 30+ times a game with a good chance that he misses over half of them? Kobe was predictable, that's not nearly as frightening for a defender as a guy that you know is going to make the right play regardless of who on his team is putting the ball in the basket.