PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's 35 pt season is overrated - if you compare him to Lebron

HeatBeat
03-22-2014, 06:58 AM
Lebron is better than MJ and Kobe as a scorer. If LeBron took 27 shots a year like Kobe did that year, with his 57%FG he would average 40 easy.

Kobe took 27 shots on 45%

Delrayhc
03-22-2014, 07:29 AM
Lebron is better than MJ and Kobe as a scorer. If LeBron took 27 shots a year like Kobe did that year, with his 57%FG he would average 40 easy.

Why would you start a thread like this?

Duncan = Donkey
03-22-2014, 08:04 AM
Whilst I sort of agree with you, you could have explained it alot better. I agree with you in that LeBron could score 35+ a season if he took the same amount of shots as Kobe did that year.

Duncan = Donkey
03-22-2014, 08:04 AM
Oh and expect a barrage of abuse, lol

greg_ory_2005
03-22-2014, 09:13 AM
You're overrated. You're all overrated.

Matter.
03-22-2014, 09:21 AM
So guys how was your morning

slashsnake
03-22-2014, 09:27 AM

Would he get the same looks though if he was taking 27 shots a year, or would those shots be coming in a more difficult situation. I can guarantee if Nene when he was with the nuggets was having to shoot 27 times a game, he wouldn't be a 60% shooter.

Lebron wouldn't be increasing his same shot selection. He wouldn't be getting more transition baskets if he shot more, I don't think he would be getting more drives to the lane. It would be in my opinion more shots out of the regular offense.

That shot selection is what makes him such a great high percentage shooter. He takes advantage of the good opportunities. He can't add in another 3 shots in transition, he goes for those whenever they are available. What he doesn't do is take another 5-10 fadeaways a game.

I think with his size, he would still be a more efficient scorer than Kobe still, but his efficiency would drop.

NFLNBA
03-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Would he get the same looks though if he was taking 27 shots a year, or would those shots be coming in a more difficult situation. I can guarantee if Nene when he was with the nuggets was having to shoot 27 times a game, he wouldn't be a 60% shooter.

Lebron wouldn't be increasing his same shot selection. He wouldn't be getting more transition baskets if he shot more, I don't think he would be getting more drives to the lane. It would be in my opinion more shots out of the regular offense.

That shot selection is what makes him such a great high percentage shooter. He takes advantage of the good opportunities. He can't add in another 3 shots in transition, he goes for those whenever they are available. What he doesn't do is take another 5-10 fadeaways a game.

I think with his size, he would still be a more efficient scorer than Kobe still, but his efficiency would drop.

You nailed it but will also add some comment. Lebron has a great FG% because most his pts are at rim while kobe was a more a all around scorer, especially mid-range. Can Lebron drive the lane and throw up 27+ dunks a game? Its proven Lebron is not great when teams make him take tough contested jumpers. Kobe could make anything. So in aspect doesnt this make Kobe's 08 even more impressive knowing most his scoring was perimeter? Also Kobe's best seasons were 05 and 06 averaging 35, 5, 5. Is Kobe's 81 more impressive than Wilts 100? Its a legit debate?

Also last word is you cant say what IF Lebron shot 27 times because he is NOT a scorer! He is a pass first guy. He is a point-forward. Kobe was a scorer first and a SHOOTING guard lol That's like saying man what if Chris Anderson shot the ball 27 times a game cause he is shooting it at 67% this year. Bet if he shot the ball 27 times a game his FG% would be around 39%.

Teeboy1487
03-22-2014, 10:40 AM
It's like the concept of circumstances is lost on this site sometimes. That's all I'm saying.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-22-2014, 11:12 AM
lebron is the ****

85BearsDefense
03-22-2014, 11:17 AM
Lebron wouldn't shoot 57% if he took 27 shots a game.

TimeForAHoliday
03-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Lebron wouldn't shoot 57% if he took 27 shots a game.

Or if he was actually guarded on midrange shots.

gangis2169
03-22-2014, 11:25 AM

This is the problem with brain dead fans. Lebron when you look at the numbers shoot horrible outside of the key and has his whole career. Percentage don't equate to anything given height, weight, and speed. LBJ is easily 3 inches taller and about 50lbs heavier. Of course he can shoot at a high rate cause he is not a wing player period. Kobe bar none and is known by all players and hall of famers is the second best wing player in the history of the NBA. Shooting 45% while the majority of your shots are from the perimeter is like shooting 55% at the rim. Lebron is not a better scorer than MJ, Kobe, Durant, Iverson, and so on. He is in fact a better athlete and passer. I don't include rebounding cause he is a lot bigger and should have more rebounds.

MTar786
03-22-2014, 11:26 AM
birdman should take all the shots in a game. he could average 100 a game and the heat would shoot at a 67% clip on the year.. making them the best shooting team in history.. i bet spo is the reason this isn't happening. he should be fired

MTar786
03-22-2014, 11:31 AM
This is the problem with brain dead fans. Lebron when you look at the numbers shoot horrible outside of the key and has his whole career. Percentage don't equate to anything given height, weight, and speed. LBJ is easily 3 inches taller and about 50lbs heavier. Of course he can shoot at a high rate cause he is not a wing player period. Kobe bar none and is known by all players and hall of famers is the second best wing player in the history of the NBA. Shooting 45% while the majority of your shots are from the perimeter is like shooting 55% at the rim. Lebron is not a better scorer than MJ, Kobe, Durant, Iverson, and so on. He is in fact a better athlete and passer. I don't include rebounding cause he is a lot bigger and should have more rebounds.

don't even try arguing that lebron isn't a wing player.. you will get eaten alive.. although you are right.. people won't listen. lebron isn't a good shooter. he only shoots from outside when everything is clicking. if not he will abandon that game and live off open layups or the only real scoring threat he is which is open court ball. then yes, he is the GOAT in that perspective. trust me man, don't argue.. just know that you do know whats up and ur not sheep

my opinion is this. durant is a wing player and him shooting 52% is like equivalent to lebron shooting at least 60% based on the kind of shots they take. comparing kobes 46% to durants 52 is fair because they shoot similar shots.. its just that durant has an advantage in height. and he is a sf instead of sg. still its more comparable.

KnickaBocka.44
03-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Why would you start a thread like this?

Because he's a super Nooooooob, brah.

slashsnake
03-22-2014, 12:27 PM

What numbers are you looking at there? I've looked at the NBA shot charts, and he was bad early in his career. Last year though he shot above average from every area but the left corner three and right side of the key (out of 12 area's listed, he was above average in 5 spots, below in 2, vs. above in 1 and below in 7 early in his career)

07-08 he made 33% of his jumpers. last year he made 43%. 43% is pretty good. That is Durant/Curry/Reddick range there. Sure, situations are different, but we are talking "numbers", and that isn't horrible.

So if Lebron hit a higher percentage of his shots than Kobe last year in 8 of the 12 area's outside of the key, had a higher shooting % overall outside of the key, and from 3 had a better shot % than Kobe has ever had... what numbers are you showing to say Lebron's outside shooting is "horrible"?

50% of his shots are jumpers outside the paint, and 60% of his total shots are jumpers. His great improvement there is why he is shooting 10% higher than in his earlier years overall.

His rebounding is better too. It comes and goes in the regular season depending where he is playing, but when it matters in the playoffs his rebounding numbers are the same as Webber, Stoudemire, Horford, etc. while defending more on the perimeter. When, as a mix forward you can outrebound everyone in the finals like he did against OKC, or average 11 boards in the finals like he did against SA... you are a great rebounder.

Lakers + Giants
03-22-2014, 12:51 PM
Lebron would be more efficient, yes. But he would not shoot 57% with Smush, walton, Lamar, Kwame, Mihm, Cook, And Farmar as his teammates.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Lebron would be more efficient, yes. But he would not shoot 57% with Smush, walton, Lamar, Kwame, Mihm, Cook, And Farmar as his teammates.

there are people who will never understand.

P&GRealist
03-22-2014, 01:37 PM

Farmar wasn't even on the team.

P&GRealist
03-22-2014, 01:37 PM

Bahahahhahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahAhahahahahahahahahaha

majmarcus
03-22-2014, 01:49 PM
Bring back the facepalm...PLEASE

NoahH
03-22-2014, 02:09 PM
Except if LeBron took 27 shots in a game he wouldn't shoot 57% from the field, and I'm a big leBron fan. More shots = more volume of difficult shots

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-22-2014, 02:10 PM
Nothing good is gonna come out of this thread. And we've been down this road(LeBron vs. Kobe) so many times the past couple of months. Gonna close this.