PDA

View Full Version : NBA barely 3rd stringer Jason Collins complains about anonymous player trash talking

KniCks4LiFe
03-21-2014, 01:04 PM
"We're all human. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. You hope that if someone has a negative opinion, that they would keep it to themselves. But at the same time, I understand that in the NBA, we're a bunch of individuals and this is America and everyone's entitled to their opinion."

Collins acknowledged earlier Thursday to the New York Daily News that the incident occurred.

"One player, one knucklehead from another team," Collins told the Daily News. "He's a knucklehead. So I just let it go. Again, that goes back to controlling what you can control. That's how I conduct myself -- just being professional."
(source) (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10645638/jason-collins-brooklyn-nets-says-another-player-made-negative-comments-him)

Brooklyn you took a huge "L" w/ this guy. Especially when you see what Drew Gooden is doing in Washington.

MonroeFAN
03-21-2014, 01:08 PM
What is the relevance of him being a 3rd stringer?

torocan
03-21-2014, 01:14 PM
He's a 3rd stringer, who cares?

And they didn't print the question. Did the reporter ASK him if he's had anyone comment on his orientation? If he was just answering the question (and it sure sounds like it considering he's saying that nearly *everyone* has been great), then that's not really complaining per se.

As long as he plays decently when he gets minutes, why do you care?

It's not like he's getting suspended for committing a crime or calling for someone's head. Non-story.

ManRam
03-21-2014, 01:15 PM
You're REALLY obsessed with him, eh?

nycericanguy
03-21-2014, 01:19 PM
worst thread ever?

mods should close this, this is an embarrassment to psd

KniCks4LiFe
03-21-2014, 01:20 PM

scrubs getting contracts in the NBA for special privileges, nah that doesn't deserve a thread. This dude is breaking the NBA players code too. WTF is he even bringing this up? if it's 1 knuckle head and he assumes they did it to make negative comments about him instead of it being trash talking and KG'ing somebody.

Don't get mad at me for calling him out on his ********. You should be mad at yourselves for rooting for this guy.

HouRealCoach
03-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Who cares

Cal827
03-21-2014, 01:21 PM
For ******* sake kobe :mad: you said you changed!

LongIslandIcedZ
03-21-2014, 01:21 PM
I cant think of one reason that him being barely a third stringer holds any sort of weight in this discussion.

nycericanguy
03-21-2014, 01:22 PM
seriously they asked him a Q and he answered... hardly "complaining"... and "barely 3rd stringer"? what does that even mean and what relevance does it have to the article?

Cal827
03-21-2014, 01:22 PM
Probably carmelo

KniCks4LiFe
03-21-2014, 01:24 PM
seriously they asked him a Q and he answered... hardly "complaining"... and "barely 3rd stringer"? what does that even mean and what relevance does it have to the article?

he shouldn't have even brought it up. What's the need in saying there has been a player that said anything? keep it moving, we know why you have a contract, we know you there just taking money and being a token dude. That's all I'm saying.

goingfor28
03-21-2014, 01:27 PM
he shouldn't have even brought it up. What's the need in saying there has been a player that said anything? keep it moving, we know why you have a contract, we know you there just taking money and being a token dude. That's all I'm saying.

100% agree w all this

MonroeFAN
03-21-2014, 01:28 PM
I don't think either of you should have brought it up.

KniCks4LiFe
03-21-2014, 01:32 PM
I don't think either of you should have brought it up.

nah I'm bringing it up, b/c you see, this what it is turning into. When his jersey was #1 in the country, and peeps were all, I'm so proud, this is an NBA roster, a legit top 8 team in a conference, doing a side show and giving handout contracts when they know there were better players out there.

What's the next team that pulls this stunt?

TheNumber37
03-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Bigotry is not trash talk.

Your wife tastes like Honey nut cherrios is...

torocan
03-21-2014, 01:34 PM
nah I'm bringing it up, b/c you see, this what it is turning into. When his jersey was #1 in the country, and peeps were all, I'm so proud, this is an NBA roster, a legit top 8 team in a conference, doing a side show and giving handout contracts when they know there were better players out there.

What's the next team that pulls this stunt?

Chris Smith.

Glass houses. Throw stones.

KniCks4LiFe
03-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Chris Smith.

Glass houses. Throw stones.

And you think we were ok w/ it?

Knicks fans called them out for Chris. We Bobby Brown, they passed up on Tony Wrotten for this mofo!

1-800-STFU

Nah he's pretty good defensively. He has a bit of value.

NYKnickFanatic
scrubs getting contracts in the NBA for special privileges, nah that doesn't deserve a thread. This dude is breaking the NBA players code too. WTF is he even bringing this up? if it's 1 knuckle head and he assumes they did it to make negative comments about him instead of it being trash talking and KG'ing somebody.

Don't get mad at me for calling him out on his ********. You should be mad at yourselves for rooting for this guy.

Chris Smith :laugh2:

twin4life
03-21-2014, 01:37 PM
Your not in the NBA at all and your complaining about him... What does it matter if he complains about trash talking? Just shows how far away from "Freedom of Speech" America has gotten.

KniCks4LiFe
03-21-2014, 01:38 PM
Nah he's pretty good defensively. He has a bit of value.

when? check his mins. And when they use him, go ahead.

lol, please
:laugh2:

worst thread ever?

mods should close this, this is an embarrassment to psd
PSD has seen far worse.

abe_froman
the op has a serious hate for collins for some reason,he's made threads in the past complaining about him ever since he reentered the leagued

king4day
03-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Being a third stringer should be irrelevant to the topic. I'm closing this out as we know the reason why this was discussed as has nothing to do with his role on the team