PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Knight

ThaDubs
03-21-2014, 12:11 AM
Most people remember him for getting posterized by DJ, but he's quietly averaging 17.5, 5, and 2.5 on solid TS% at only 22 years of age. What do you think his ceiling is ?

sunsfan88
03-21-2014, 12:31 AM
He got posterized by DJ too? I remember him for getting his ankles broken by Kyrie Irving.

UPRock
03-21-2014, 12:39 AM
He's better than Brandon Jennings

goingfor28
03-21-2014, 12:44 AM
He got posterized by DJ too? I remember him for getting his ankles broken by Kyrie Irving.

We're you living under a rock? Lol

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh0AQw3WFkE

RipCity32
03-21-2014, 12:48 AM
Kids not a PG that much is certain and hes a bit undersized for a SG. I think he could have a nice career as a sixth man combo guard. Hes a great kid though and a extremely hard worker. That said Milwaukee raped us in that deal because Jennings is pure crap were Knight can at least contribute to winning ball in the right role. Knights defense is really good as well though.

lurkinglionsfan
03-21-2014, 12:49 AM
He's better than Brandon Jennings
Said that at the time of the tradegot laughed at, and to answer the question 20-7 maybe
A little better ...dumars still sucks

Kyben36
03-21-2014, 01:00 AM
he could easily be the next Holiday type player IMO, good, young, didnt realy live up to hype right out but developed, that said, i think he could be a little better than holiday depending how he develops.

Tmath
03-21-2014, 01:04 AM
He is playing on one of the worst teams in the league. When those numbers translate to wins, then people will pay attention.

DerekCzajkowski
03-21-2014, 01:07 AM
He is playing on one of the worst teams in the league. When those numbers translate to wins, then people will pay attention.

Correction ....The worst team in the league

Blink
03-21-2014, 01:10 AM
Hate to say it but the kid is a bust.

He lost sleep over missing a layup or a open 3. If you cant throw an alley oop to Drummond then you just cant pass bro.

Knight, Jennings....niether the answer in detroit

lamzoka
03-21-2014, 01:49 AM
Putting up numbers with the worst team in the NBA doesn't mean much.

bootypants
03-21-2014, 01:54 AM
Most people remember him for getting posterized by DJ, but he's quietly averaging 17.5, 5, and 2.5 on solid TS% at only 22 years of age. What do you think his ceiling is ?

17.7, 5, 3.5

I played him in highschool. Kid was a monster in Florida... but then Tyreke Evans came down south and put 50 up in the tournament while looking like he didn't even break a sweat and was sleep walking.

Still waiting for one of them to breakout heavily. Knight reminded me of an AI type of player back in highschool.

bootypants
03-21-2014, 01:56 AM

He lost sleep over missing a layup or a open 3. If you cant throw an alley oop to Drummond then you just cant pass bro.

Btw your sig stats are wrong. Jennings is avg. 16/8/3

JasonJohnHorn
03-21-2014, 06:25 AM
As a Detroit fan, when Dumars drafted him over Klay I was FURIOUS!!!! We already had a wanna-be SG ina PG's body (Stuckey) and what we needed was a SHOOTING GUARD (which is what we still need).

Knight seems decent, but not great. When he got swapped for Jennings I was upset, not because I thought Detroit was losing out talent-wise on the trade, but just because we got a more expensive version of the same player.

Now that I've seen Knight develop a little, I think it would have been better to keep him. I think Knight didn't have an ego, which is something, so he had not problem with dropping the ball to Monroe and letting him set up a play in the post. With Jennings, Mornoe's passing game has become non-exisistent because Jennings is always 'making plays' (by which I mean shooting, giving the ball to Josh Smith or asking for the ball back).

Knight wouldn't have made the players better, but he wouldn't have made them worse like Jennings does.

And Detroit is paying more for Jennings! WTF?!?!?!!?

Still, best case scenario for Knight I think is a back-up tweener in rotation for a decent team. Maybe he can get to Mo Williams level.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Ben Gordon type of career.

Giannis94
03-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Ben Gordon type of career.

Other than the fact that he is and has been a defensive ace all year.

The Bucks raped Detroit for him and Middleton in exchange for Chuckbrother #1.

RipCity32
03-21-2014, 12:06 PM

Middleton is the one I really want back. Were starving for 3pt shoshooting and hes a top5 3pt shooter this year, LOL Dumars! !!

D-Leethal
03-21-2014, 12:30 PM
Knight blows

Giannis94
03-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Knight blows

Not on defense. Id take a player who can play defense and little offense over a streaky shooter which is hit or miss, normally miss and will normally shoot you out of games.

This article explains it perfectly in the first paragraph.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/2/10/5396408/detroit-pistons-formerly-bad-boys-currently-just-bad

Raps18-19 Champ
03-21-2014, 12:50 PM

Didn't say he plays like Ben Gordon. I said his career will have the projection of Ben Gordon.

Giannis94
03-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Didn't say he plays like Ben Gordon. I said his career will have the projection of Ben Gordon.

If he ever develops offensively on a decent team then he has a chance to be better than that. I think that's a fair career comparison although I think his defensive skill set will lead to a more consistent career and not just 1 big contract

MonroeFAN
03-21-2014, 01:05 PM

17 PPG scorers aren't "busts". He wouldn't be a bust if he were the first over all pick, let alone outside of the top 5.

I'll admit, I wasn't a fan of his when he was here. But he wasn't the problem, Joe Dumars was/is. He's not a point guard, Joe shouldn't have tried to force his hand into playing it. His confidence was shot (from incidents like DJ and KI), none of our fans thought he had what it took to consistently play well in this league. We were wrong.

The Bucks are turrible, but he's played surprisingly well and efficient. He's better than Brandon Jennings, and provides more value. That was one of the worst trades ever, comparable to trading BG and our pick for nothing.

COOLbeans
03-21-2014, 01:18 PM
He's been good all year, and he gets angry when turns over the ball. That's a good sign. You can tell he works hard and he's a solid defender who I think will be a good point guard for years to come.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-21-2014, 01:19 PM
If he ever develops offensively on a decent team then he has a chance to be better than that. I think that's a fair career comparison although I think his defensive skill set will lead to a more consistent career and not just 1 big contract

His offence is not there yet compared to BG so it balanced out with the defence.

I saw him as a Chauncey Billup type player in his prime if he maximized it but I doubt it.

NBA_Starter
03-21-2014, 03:50 PM
The Bucks def. got a steal here.