PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lowry on Miami Heat's Radar!

Jasper6
03-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Lowry bout to get PAID this off season
http://www.balldontstop.com/kyle-lowry-on-miami-heat-radar/

KniCks4LiFe
03-20-2014, 03:50 PM

Hawkeye15
03-20-2014, 03:54 PM
highly doubt this happens. Lowry is 27. He is better in cashing in on the biggest deal he can get. He would probably need to take a considerable paycut (as would the big 3), to get this done.

Bruno
03-20-2014, 03:56 PM
no way, Lowry plays for the money. check out his advance line in seasons where he is an expiring contract compared to when he's in the middle of a secure deal.

jerellh528
03-20-2014, 03:58 PM
That would be good for the heat, finally get an upgrade over chalmers and probably extend the life of their aging stars a bit.

unleashthebeast
03-20-2014, 04:06 PM
Would be an interesting signing for good. I wonder how much he would really have the ball in the offense, with Wade and Bron still here. I can't see him having significantly more touches than Chalmers really in our offense, but who knows

ghettosean
03-20-2014, 04:07 PM
LOL... He's not joining the heat... Lowry wants leadership and money and in Miami he will get neither.

spreadeagle
03-20-2014, 04:20 PM
hes coming off being way underpaid last few years, and this is most likely his last and biggest contract, doubt he takes any type of pay cut, and the ways hes played this yr he will get close to a max from somebody im guessing 10-12 mil a yr

randyorton33
03-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Lowry would not go to the Heat to be the 5th option.

Sadds The Gr8
03-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Uh....no.

TheNumber37
03-20-2014, 04:31 PM
Lowry will be a Laker.
Let's stop kidding ourselves...

Thsee are kind of moves Lakers make after losing.

smith&wesson
03-20-2014, 04:41 PM
Lowry will either stay in toronto, or if a team is that intrested we may se a s&t

the guy wants to get paid, and being a starter and significant part of the core is important to him.

Hawkeye15
03-20-2014, 04:49 PM
no way, Lowry plays for the money. check out his advance line in seasons where he is an expiring contract compared to when he's in the middle of a secure deal.

apparently last summer his new GM let him have it verbally, telling him that he is going to be on one year deals if he doesn't live up to his potential.

Now, that being said, we will have to wait and see if he is just playing hard because of his contract upcoming, or if he really has turned the corner, attitude wise.

smith&wesson
03-20-2014, 04:53 PM
apparently last summer his new GM let him have it verbally, telling him that he is going to be on one year deals if he doesn't live up to his potential.

Now, that being said, we will have to wait and see if he is just playing hard because of his contract upcoming, or if he really has turned the corner, attitude wise.

theres no doubt in my mind that its a bit of both... Nothing motivates like money and at the same time he has emerged as a leader and has done a great job at it. thats not something you can fake.

Corey
03-20-2014, 04:55 PM

Woj just wrote an article about it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-kyle-lowry-transformed-the-raptors-and-became-of-the-nba-s-top-point-guards-225543400.html

It's a great read and it makes you believe that Lowry really has matured and turned that corner. His quotes in the article are exactly what you'd like to hear. He has regrets and remorse and admitted his actions were juvenile and rash.

smith&wesson
03-20-2014, 04:57 PM
Most teams have a starting pg. The ones that could be in the market for a starting pg are the knicks, the lakers..

The knicks cant offer what lowry is looking for.. he will def want more than the mid level. likely double that if not more.

The lakers have Nash for another year, and have marshal emerging in to a nice pg as well. Then you have farmar as well. They arent in dier need for a starting pg and chances are they are targeting bigger fish.

Toronto is one of the very few places where he gets money, remains a leader, and remains a key part of the core. That may be enough to get him to sign a reasonable contract.

Also Toronto has his bird rights, so if they want they can match any offer.. if its reasonable. Other wise if someone wants to over pay for his services, they can have him.

mdm692
03-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Delete

smith&wesson
03-20-2014, 05:19 PM
you know what though, this would be an even scarier miami heat rotation

lowry-chalmers-cole
wade-allen
james-battier
bosh- beasly
Oden- bird man- haslem

like whos gonna beat that team ?

dtmagnet
03-20-2014, 05:21 PM
This is a baseless rumour, of course any team would love to have Lowry but if you think he's gonna take a paycut to be 4th fiddle you're smoking something funky.

Hawkeye15
03-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Woj just wrote an article about it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-kyle-lowry-transformed-the-raptors-and-became-of-the-nba-s-top-point-guards-225543400.html

It's a great read and it makes you believe that Lowry really has matured and turned that corner. His quotes in the article are exactly what you'd like to hear. He has regrets and remorse and admitted his actions were juvenile and rash.

yeah, that was what I was referring to, that article. But, it is a contract year. Lets see how Lowry responds going forward.

jerellh528
03-20-2014, 05:26 PM
This is a baseless rumour, of course any team would love to have Lowry but if you think he's gonna take a paycut to be 4th fiddle you're smoking something funky.

He would likely be 2nd on the heat now. I think he would consider it if he values winning. Plus being second fiddle to Lebron still leaves a lot of opportunity because bron dishes and defers more than other 1st options.

Hawkeye15
03-20-2014, 05:31 PM
He would likely be 2nd on the heat now. I think he would consider it if he values winning. Plus being second fiddle to Lebron still leaves a lot of opportunity because bron dishes and defers more than other 1st options.

yeah, but as a player who was criminally underpaid for a bulk of his career, at age 27, he SHOULD be looking for the biggest deal he can get. And in reality, Toronto under Urjiri, has already improved greatly, and should take another step next season. If he wants to win, and make money, he will stay.

That being said, will Urjiri match a stupid offer some other GM might give him? But I can't see him taking a large enough paycut to play in Miami. Players want to win, sure. But at the end of the day, life after basketball is looooooong. You need to make as much money as you can while you can if you are a player like Lowry.

Corey
03-20-2014, 05:32 PM
Celtics will trade Rondo in June and sign him.

Bruno
03-20-2014, 05:44 PM

i don't buy it man. money is the great motivator.

same thing with ariza. having his best season this year since his contract year with the Lakers in 2009.

who knows, maybe. i'd say no until he shows otherwise.

BHF
03-20-2014, 05:53 PM
i don't buy it man. money is the great motivator.

same thing with ariza. having his best season this year since his contract year with the Lakers in 2009.

who knows, maybe. i'd say no until he shows otherwise.

Lowry is nothing like Ariza.

NoahH
03-20-2014, 05:58 PM
FIRST I think Lowry will chase the most money, and this wont come from Miami.

SECOND Lowry is ball dominant and not a good fit for Miami. He needs to have the ball in his hand 24/7.

THIRD just because a player is on a team's radar doesnt mean he's going there. Im sure LeBron is on every team's 'radar' this offseason,

Kelly Gruber
03-20-2014, 06:02 PM
At least people are starting to realize how good this dude is...

Jamiecballer
03-20-2014, 06:06 PM

SECOND Lowry is ball dominant and not a good fit for Miami. He needs to have the ball in his hand 24/7.

THIRD just because a player is on a team's radar doesnt mean he's going there. Im sure LeBron is on every team's 'radar' this offseason,

Lowry is the most potent non ball dominant PG in the game right now. No clue why you would think that.

unleashthebeast
03-20-2014, 06:17 PM
Lowry is the most potent non ball dominant PG in the game right now. No clue why you would think that.

Bingo

smith&wesson
03-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Lowry is nothing like Ariza.

+1

as decent as ariza has played this year, he hasnt emerged as the leader of his team and also isnt a boarder line allstar. Lowry is doing more than simply playing well in a contraact yaer. He has become the leader.

albertajaysfan
03-20-2014, 06:54 PM

Now that you have made it plainly obvious you haven't watched the Raptors this season do you have anything else to add about the team?

bleedprple&gold
03-20-2014, 07:02 PM
The Heat can have whoever the hell they want on their "radar". Doesn't mean **** especially with little money to offer. The real question should be are the Heat on Lowry's radar?

NBA_Starter
03-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Lowry on the Heat would be sick.

TylerSL
03-20-2014, 09:34 PM
Not gonna happen, Chalmers/Cole is perfect for the way this team is built. We wont bring Lowry in because of this. Contrary to popular belief, we do not need to bring a so called "4th" player. All we gotta do is continue to put top notch role players around Lebron/Wade/Bosh, like we have been doing. To remain successful all we gotta do is keep this team intact. If we bring in another all star caliber player it may hinder the chemistry/flow of the team. We will not win forever, we are only gonna win as much as Lebron/Wade/Bosh can carry us. I expect Miami to be true contenders for the title for at least the next 3 years and to do that we need to spend our money on top notch role players to put around our core. Aside from locking up Lebron/Wade/Bosh long term, we need to find people who can replace Allen/Battier/Birdman in the next year or so.

What I secretly hope for is everybody opts out (except Haslem because there is an absolute 0% chance of that happening) after this year, Lebron resigns max, Bosh something like 5 years 70 million, and Wade resigns 4 years 42 million :hope:. Obviously those 3 are the main priority but assuming we get them locked up we should next pick up our team option on Cole, resign Chalmers something like 3 years 14 million, resign Beasley like 3 years 10 million, and Oden 2 years 6 million. We still have Birdman under contract for next year as well so I assume the 14-15 season will be his last. Assuming at least Allen/Battier retire, we need to use what money we would have left to find replacements for them.

Replacements could include bringing Mike Miller back for a year (I hope), maybe Vince Carter if hes willing to sign for cheap, Trevor Ariza, and although very unlikely fingers crossed for Danny Granger! I mean who would have thought Ray Allen would sign with us in 2012.

Miltstar
03-20-2014, 10:07 PM
crossing my fingers we'll keep lowry around... Raps got a good thing going! Too bad we have no chance at wiggins :(

Jarvo
03-20-2014, 10:11 PM
I see why people are saying he's gonna go for the money more than winning, But if Lebron, Wade and Pat came to my front door making me an offer to be on a team where I have a chance to win titles I would look at that choice first than taking the big payday.

therealwd27
03-20-2014, 10:25 PM
I see why people are saying he's gonna go for the money more than winning, But if Lebron, Wade and Pat came to my front door making me an offer to be on a team where I have a chance to win titles I would look at that choice first than taking the big payday.

This. Hard to turn down Pat Riley, LBJ and Wade..heat are a 1st class organization

Hawkeye15
03-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Lowry is not turning down a big deal to go to Miami. Not sure how easily I can stress this...

Literally nothing in his past suggests otherwise.

bucketss
03-20-2014, 11:03 PM
Not gonna happen, Chalmers/Cole is perfect for the way this team is built. We wont bring Lowry in because of this. Contrary to popular belief, we do not need to bring a so called "4th" player. All we gotta do is continue to put top notch role players around Lebron/Wade/Bosh, like we have been doing. To remain successful all we gotta do is keep this team intact. If we bring in another all star caliber player it may hinder the chemistry/flow of the team. We will not win forever, we are only gonna win as much as Lebron/Wade/Bosh can carry us. I expect Miami to be true contenders for the title for at least the next 3 years and to do that we need to spend our money on top notch role players to put around our core. Aside from locking up Lebron/Wade/Bosh long term, we need to find people who can replace Allen/Battier/Birdman in the next year or so.

What I secretly hope for is everybody opts out (except Haslem because there is an absolute 0% chance of that happening) after this year, Lebron resigns max, Bosh something like 5 years 70 million, and Wade resigns 4 years 42 million :hope:. Obviously those 3 are the main priority but assuming we get them locked up we should next pick up our team option on Cole, resign Chalmers something like 3 years 14 million, resign Beasley like 3 years 10 million, and Oden 2 years 6 million. We still have Birdman under contract for next year as well so I assume the 14-15 season will be his last. Assuming at least Allen/Battier retire, we need to use what money we would have left to find replacements for them.

Replacements could include bringing Mike Miller back for a year (I hope), maybe Vince Carter if hes willing to sign for cheap, Trevor Ariza, and although very unlikely fingers crossed for Danny Granger! I mean who would have thought Ray Allen would sign with us in 2012.

lol c'mon, do you see how exhausted lebron is, and how broken down wade gets when he reaches the playoffs. you gotta be fooling yourself if you think chalmers is better for this team compared to lowry that not only brings a much better game but also leadership skills.

FriedTofuz
03-21-2014, 02:01 AM
THis is why the Miami heat are just a joke of a team. THey just pay and sign for their acquisitions, they didnt actually build their team, and D-Wade carried them for years. They just wanna pitch underpaid contracts for ring chasers. Classless Organization with a ton of floppers.

ALso, Lowry Will not sign with miami for the following reasons:

1. He wont have leadership
2. He wont get paid.

This guy HAS NEVER GOT PAID. He isnt taking chump chang to help promote lebrons Legacy. End of story
If anything, Lowry will be a Laker, return to the Rockets or Remain a RAptor.

FriedTofuz
03-21-2014, 02:06 AM
everyone has miami winning it all but they got lucky, the pacers practically beat them last year, and the spurs shouldve won. It's okay. Miami wont win it all this year.

Hawkeye15
03-21-2014, 02:07 AM
everyone has miami winning it all but they got lucky, the pacers practically beat them last year, and the spurs shouldve won. It's okay. Miami wont win it all this year.

totally, cause every championship team ever didn't benefit from a huge play or two in their playoff run....

FriedTofuz
03-21-2014, 02:12 AM
totally, cause every championship team ever didn't benefit from a huge play or two in their playoff run....

Roy Hibbert should not have been on the bench during one of the games against the heat.
Ray allen made the biggest shot of his career.

I doubt the luck will be in the favour for such an outcome again. The spurs are playing their best basketball in years. Id be happy to bet against the heat for the nba championship, even sig bet ;)

Hawkeye15
03-21-2014, 02:37 AM
Roy Hibbert should not have been on the bench during one of the games against the heat.
Ray allen made the biggest shot of his career.

I doubt the luck will be in the favour for such an outcome again. The spurs are playing their best basketball in years. Id be happy to bet against the heat for the nba championship, even sig bet ;)

Again, you act as if every championship team in history didn't have some plays throughout the playoffs that saved their butts, outside some extreme outliers like the 2001 Lakers.

You really gonna sit there and act like your team didn't have a few miraculous plays, outside their stars, that won them huge playoff games?

BALLER R
03-21-2014, 08:31 AM
This. Hard to turn down Pat Riley, LBJ and Wade..heat are a 1st class organization

Who said Toronto isn't a first class organization. Lowry is at the point in his career where he will finally get paid. You think he would sacrifice that for a chance to play with Lebron and Wade. Would you? He's only 27 he can always go that route and chase a championship after his next contract.

Big Zo
03-21-2014, 09:07 AM
THis is why the Miami heat are just a joke of a team. THey just pay and sign for their acquisitions, they didnt actually build their team, and D-Wade carried them for years. They just wanna pitch underpaid contracts for ring chasers. Classless Organization with a ton of floppers.

2. He wont get paid.

This guy HAS NEVER GOT PAID. He isnt taking chump chang to help promote lebrons Legacy. End of story

You're not even good at trolling.

mike_noodles
03-21-2014, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I don't see this happening. I can't see a way for them to sign him for more than a mid level exception. He'll likely take his 4/48 and then chase rings later. Not everyone begins chasing rings shamelessly at 27.

mike_noodles
03-21-2014, 09:55 AM
Again, you act as if every championship team in history didn't have some plays throughout the playoffs that saved their butts, outside some extreme outliers like the 2001 Lakers.

You really gonna sit there and act like your team didn't have a few miraculous plays, outside their stars, that won them huge playoff games?

No, our team hasn't won any huge playoff games, yet. Lol. We came close once, but Vince missed the shot.

torocan
03-21-2014, 11:30 AM
Honestly, I find it hard to believe that Lowry would leave the Raptors.

This is the most respect and control over a team he's had in his entire career. He's got a legitimate top flight GM behind him. And Toronto will pay him a fair salary. They can't really afford to lose Lowry over nickels and dimes if they want to attract another upper tier Free Agent.

On the remote chance that Lowry bolts, I doubt it would be for less money, much less significantly less money. Especially if he has to take a reduced role on the floor.

IF Lowry leaves, I think the money is on the Rockets more out of sentimental reasons than whether he maintains a major leadership role. Being on a championship contender would smooth over a lot of those sacrifices. And there's the possibility of the Lakers as it's a big stage and they're hurting at the PG position. Not to mention Toronto is probably one of the only teams that would be willing to consider overpaying Nash to some degree (or considering a trade centered around Nash).

There's just not enough teams in need of a PG who have the money to pay him, can offer him a substantial role, and aren't playing in the middle of nowhere.

It's one thing to be on a team in the hinterlands once you've settled in and have become the local star. It's another thing to go to ANOTHER team in the hinterlands where you don't know the organization or the place.

Lowry might be on Miami's radar, but I doubt Miami is on Lowry's radar.

D-Leethal
03-21-2014, 12:30 PM
Masai is a smart dude a good GM but he gets way too much hype around here. Top flight? Why? What the he'll has he ever built or won? Getting the better end of a trade or 2 doesn't make you a "top flight" GM. Let him earn that title.

torocan
03-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Masai is a smart dude a good GM but he gets way too much hype around here. Top flight? Why? What the he'll has he ever built or won? Getting the better end of a trade or 2 doesn't make you a "top flight" GM. Let him earn that title.

He was voted executive of the year by 30 other teams' executives. That's his peers that are judging him.

Will he turn out to be a hall of famer or all time great? Will he sustain that success or eventually crash and burn? Who knows.

However, the OTHER Gm's consider him one of the best GM's in the NBA and considering that they're the ones who actually KNOW what the job entails, that qualifies as top flight in my books.

Slade123
03-21-2014, 12:45 PM

Should'a, could'a, would'a.

IndyRealist
03-21-2014, 01:34 PM
People really need to stop quoting that site, every article is nonsense. Some guy paid for a domain name so he could write all of his idiotic rantings down where he could delete all the comments telling him how wrong he is. Go read the "Training" section, it's all incoherent raving.

As for the topic, unless the big 3 are taking $6M+ less each next year, they can't afford what Lowry will likely get on the open market. And there is no indication that Lowry is looking to take a paycut and chase rings at 27 years old. He's never really made all that much money in NBA terms so this contract, and maybe the next one, are his payday.

IndyRealist
03-21-2014, 01:38 PM
He has won every single trade with his name on it. This shirt pretty much says it all.
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r686/fallenmagus/12970925324_df99d736be_o_zps0c0e5963.jpg

gwrighter
03-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Lol not happening. I could see Chris Bosh coming back to the Raptors before Lowry taking less money to try and win. He needs the $$ & the way he's been playing he deserves every penny.

Slug3
03-21-2014, 01:50 PM

2. He wont get paid.

I think after reading this you should probably not be able to ever comment again. So your saying a team is paying people to get better players to get better? No way, who does that?

NoahH
03-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Now that you have made it plainly obvious you haven't watched the Raptors this season do you have anything else to add about the team?

Being Canadian, raptors are actually the only televised games usually lol

Hawkeye15
03-21-2014, 03:15 PM
No, our team hasn't won any huge playoff games, yet. Lol. We came close once, but Vince missed the shot.

he is a Laker fan, but it goes for almost any championship team.

Hawkeye15
03-21-2014, 03:22 PM

In his 3 years as a GM, he has won basically every trade he has made, and his teams were always very competitive. I mean, its rare when a GM can get $1.00 for $1.00 on trading away a superstar, which he did. Notice when he leaves, his team fell apart, and the Raptors are now up and coming?

As pointed out, being voted Executive of the Year comes from your peers, who know more about the job than any of us. In his short 4 years, he has already proven to be one of the top GM's. If he stays with the Raptors, I think its only a matter of time before they are sitting in the 50+ win status.

WITZ
03-21-2014, 03:36 PM
The Heat can have whoever the hell they want on their "radar". Doesn't mean **** especially with little money to offer. The real question should be are the Heat on Lowry's radar?

Sums up how i feel about this :clap:

NBA_Starter
03-21-2014, 04:23 PM
I personally think he will stay with Toronto but it's great to talk about.

tmacsc2
03-21-2014, 04:42 PM
highly doubt this happens. Lowry is 27. He is better in cashing in on the biggest deal he can get. He would probably need to take a considerable paycut (as would the big 3), to get this done.

Just drop wade and add lowery. Seriously wade is not going to be mediocre for much longer.

mjm07
03-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Just drop wade and add lowery. Seriously wade is not going to be mediocre for much longer.

19pts 5 assist and 5 rb's a game is mediocre? :rolleyes:

3Blueforyou
03-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Being Canadian, raptors are actually the only televised games usually lol

That does not change how poor of a comment you made, if you really watch you will know how often the raptors run a two pg set in which Vasquez runs the point. Guessing probably 15-20 min a game at least.

Bring The Heat
03-21-2014, 06:22 PM
LOL at the troll saying heat are lucky to have 2 championships... What team in sports history won back to back titles by luck? Definition of an idiot

Bring The Heat
03-21-2014, 06:30 PM
and to the comment about the heat "buying" their team.. Lol isn't that what all teams do? Isn't that as a fan what you want your general manager to do? Bring in the best possible players for a chance at a title... I bet you wouldn't be complaining if it was your team.... I'm sure you'd be so pissed if your team did that... nah you want everything from the draft lol a pure natural team put together... lol shut the hell up

FreakaNashur
03-22-2014, 03:27 AM
and to the comment about the heat "buying" their team.. Lol isn't that what all teams do? Isn't that as a fan what you want your general manager to do? Bring in the best possible players for a chance at a title... I bet you wouldn't be complaining if it was your team.... I'm sure you'd be so pissed if your team did that... nah you want everything from the draft lol a pure natural team put together... lol shut the hell up
the heat basically own the lakers in the free market, the lakers tried to overload their rosters with all stars and failed..they mad

FreakaNashur
03-22-2014, 03:32 AM
unless it comes from miami's FO i don't believe anything on the internet

goku
03-22-2014, 03:33 AM
If there is anywhere lowry should go is back to Houston instead of melo but I know it wont happen

deaner
03-22-2014, 10:18 AM

Exactly. You can't confirm Masai is a top flight GM because it's just too easy to outsmart the Knicks in a trade.

FriedTofuz
03-22-2014, 09:01 PM

Not not exactly. And unlike most Bandwagon/homer Heat fans, I personally know people BORN IN MIAMI, who supported other teams. When I asked my friend ( who was born in Miami) why he was rooting for the spurs and not his hometown of miami, he said

"But the spurs didnt buy their team, they built it"

Which is true, the spurs built their team with drafting, scouting,coaching and trading. They have an amazing front office and organization for a small market team.

Miami just cleared cap space and pitched money, that's what he meant by " bought their team". That's not what the nba is about, it's not just about free agent signings, it's about building your team through coaching and scouting and everything. I'm not saying Erik Spolestra isnt a good coach, he's a hardworking dude who's continually gotten better and better. But the reality is, they just signed big names and got the big names to settle for a paycut because these bigname players, especially Lebron, needs to make this sacrifice in order to win rings. He cant beat enemies so he has to join them. You would have never saw Jordan or Bird or anyone else doing this.

Needless to say, I stilll LOVE Lebron's Game and think he's a phenomenal talent, but The heat as a team are just built by players desperate for rings taking paycuts to get another shot. I don't think the NBA was ever like this until this team brought up this new culture. I dont think it's right, and I know like Hawkeye said, there has been big shots made in order for everyteam to get by. It's the playoffs, there's going to have to be big plays and shots. But honestly, the heat were just built unfair from the start, not waht the nba is about. Ray Allen made a once in a lifetime shot. I dont think it will be reciprocated ever again. THat isnt saying that he wont make more clutch shots, he will, but given the circumstances and the finish, it's very rare that would happen again.

I just dont think the heat will win it all this year. They're degressing, Lebron is no longer the best player in the nba either. It's all Kevin Durant. And heat fans, please, try rebuttling instead of simply insulting another person's post. You're not helping your fanbases reputation if you simply just call someone out as a troll or stupid.

FriedTofuz
03-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Any Heat fan who wants to sig bet that the Miami heat will NOT win an NBA championship this year. Please Contact me.

east fb knicks
03-23-2014, 12:37 AM
lowry wouldn't even be a good fit on the heat the heat are better off going after pau or another big

bucketss
03-23-2014, 01:18 AM
Not not exactly. And unlike most Bandwagon/homer Heat fans, I personally know people BORN IN MIAMI, who supported other teams. When I asked my friend ( who was born in Miami) why he was rooting for the spurs and not his hometown of miami, he said

"But the spurs didnt buy their team, they built it"

Which is true, the spurs built their team with drafting, scouting,coaching and trading. They have an amazing front office and organization for a small market team.

Miami just cleared cap space and pitched money, that's what he meant by " bought their team". That's not what the nba is about, it's not just about free agent signings, it's about building your team through coaching and scouting and everything. I'm not saying Erik Spolestra isnt a good coach, he's a hardworking dude who's continually gotten better and better. But the reality is, they just signed big names and got the big names to settle for a paycut because these bigname players, especially Lebron, needs to make this sacrifice in order to win rings. He cant beat enemies so he has to join them. You would have never saw Jordan or Bird or anyone else doing this.

Needless to say, I stilll LOVE Lebron's Game and think he's a phenomenal talent, but The heat as a team are just built by players desperate for rings taking paycuts to get another shot. I don't think the NBA was ever like this until this team brought up this new culture. I dont think it's right, and I know like Hawkeye said, there has been big shots made in order for everyteam to get by. It's the playoffs, there's going to have to be big plays and shots. But honestly, the heat were just built unfair from the start, not waht the nba is about. Ray Allen made a once in a lifetime shot. I dont think it will be reciprocated ever again. THat isnt saying that he wont make more clutch shots, he will, but given the circumstances and the finish, it's very rare that would happen again.

I just dont think the heat will win it all this year. They're degressing, Lebron is no longer the best player in the nba either. It's all Kevin Durant. And heat fans, please, try rebuttling instead of simply insulting another person's post. You're not helping your fanbases reputation if you simply just call someone out as a troll or stupid.

if lebron wins again this year is he finally gonna some credit? "miami is a super team, they're suppose to win , not impressive" and "they got lucky" have been used so far, what excuse you guys gonna use this year?

FriedTofuz
03-23-2014, 01:26 AM
if lebron wins again this year is he finally gonna some credit? "miami is a super team, they're suppose to win , not impressive" and "they got lucky" have been used so far, what excuse you guys gonna use this year?

As I clicked the last post for this thread(Yours) I had a very very good feeling you'd qoute something of mine. And to no surprise, I was right. :p

I'm not going to think of any excuse because the heat are not winning it all this year. Simple as that. I'm extremely confident, and I'd ssig bet you if you want. Just be prepared to put something stupid as your sig ahaha.

0nekhmer
03-23-2014, 02:41 AM
Some of you miami fans come off real spoiled with the amount of confidence you have in Lowry signing with you like it's happening. Maybe it's just me being bitter as a raptors fan, but I hate seeing these threads, just causes unnecessarily drama and speculation. Keep it in the Miami section if you could.

dalton749
03-23-2014, 03:15 AM
lowry will resign with the raps, if there was any doubt he would have been traded
he is in the position to win in the situation he wants