PDA

View Full Version : NBA Passing Diagram

JEbin
03-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Thought you all might enjoy this. A graphic representation of passes between the starters on each NBA team.

http://imgur.com/gallery/2dmVXGr

Jamiecballer
03-20-2014, 11:00 AM
wow. that is crazy cool.

MonroeFAN
03-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Ya my buddy showed me this morning, very cool.

Cp3 to BG like woah.

Chronz
03-20-2014, 11:34 AM
lol at the comment

Damn that Paul to Griffin be thick

JasonJohnHorn
03-20-2014, 02:07 PM
Marshall knows where to send the ball. Everybody else was on Marshall's D-league team when the season started.

This is hilarious!

Wadeand Bosh must not get along with Battier.

Nobody like passing to DAlembert :-( poor guy. He should have signed with the Heat.

Thanks for sharing! Love it!

TheNumber37
03-20-2014, 02:28 PM
I don't get it.. The line is think for Cp3 to BG because of the passing Paul does... Where does it Show Blake to Paul...is it averaged or something and still dominant??

JLynn943
03-20-2014, 02:30 PM
That Kemba and McRoberts connection

Chronz
03-20-2014, 02:33 PM
I don't get it.. The line is think for Cp3 to BG because of the passing Paul does... Where does it Show Blake to Paul...is it averaged or something and still dominant??

Its their combined passes. Blake is a great passer in his own right, thus the girth

Chronz
03-20-2014, 02:34 PM
That Kemba and McRoberts connection

Yea, its like 3 of their players do most of the passing, the other 2 are either black holes who are meant to score or MGK and just invisible offensively. Most 3 sided grouping it seems

KniCks4LiFe
03-20-2014, 02:53 PM
wow, good graph.

JasonJohnHorn
03-20-2014, 04:14 PM
Looking at Detroit's passing lines, it is clear what their problem is. People are passing to Jennings and Smith and Jennings and Smith pass to each other more than anybody else.

slashsnake
03-20-2014, 05:13 PM
Wow, Rubio can't shoot and struggles to defend, but he sure can feed love.

Hawkeye15
03-20-2014, 05:27 PM
lol at the comment

Damn that Paul to Griffin be thick

that is exactly what I said haha.

Also, Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka just play keep away from the rest of their roster.

Mozgov don't like to pass. Ever.

slashsnake
03-20-2014, 05:35 PM

Also, Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka just play keep away from the rest of their roster.

George Karl once drew up a play for Mozgov, just after he won coach of the year. Nuggets management saw it and terminated him immediately.

Andre Miller passed to Mozgov. The real reason he was benched and traded. Lawson made that mistake a couple nights ago and now he's out for a phantom illness. Mozgov can get the ball on an offensive board, or a tipped pass meant for someone else. Anything else is not allowed.

Hawkeye15
03-20-2014, 05:38 PM
George Karl once drew up a play for Mozgov, just after he won coach of the year. Nuggets management saw it and terminated him immediately.

Andre Miller passed to Mozgov. The real reason he was benched and traded. Lawson made that mistake a couple nights ago and now he's out for a phantom illness. Mozgov can get the ball on an offensive board, or a tipped pass meant for someone else. Anything else is not allowed.

haha, well, Mozgov isn't too bad offensively, I just find it funny that when it does find him, it is not going anywhere except to the rim.

NoahH
03-20-2014, 06:04 PM
I thought it was super interesting (saw it on Twitter earlier).

Only thing that's disappointing is it doesnt show which way the passes are going. Like the Paul / Griffin line is THICK but Id like to know the % of passes from GRIFFIN to PAUL compared to PAUL to GRIFFIN

ewing
03-20-2014, 06:47 PM
haha, well, Mozgov isn't too bad offensively, I just find it funny that when it does find him, it is not going anywhere except to the rim.

i think his skill set only allows him to catch and finish. If he shoots the majority of the time he touches it his gaurds are probably getting him the ball in the right places.

beyourself
03-20-2014, 06:47 PM
I laughed so hard at the Melo-Shumpert passing diagram. There is no passing........

To be a wing player on Melo's team. Would not be fun. He just doesn't pass.

beyourself
03-20-2014, 06:52 PM

Absolutely true, but hear me out. That's to be expected, even inevitable. Durant is the best scorer in the last 20 years. He's going to take his shots. Around 20 per game. Really should be more given his skillset. He's got to shoot.

Ibaka is extremely overrated. He can't break you down off the drive and just shoots. He's a shooting guard playing the 4 while blocking shots. He can't pass.

And then there is Westbrook. When your PG leads the NBA in USG% (WTF, is that!!!) then others get freezed out. He loves to call ISO's for his own damn self.

All this adds up to Durant must takes his shots because he's that good. All Ibaka can do is shoot. And Westbrook has a massive ego.

It's inevitable.

ewing
03-20-2014, 11:32 PM
I laughed so hard at the Melo-Shumpert passing diagram. There is no passing........

To be a wing player on Melo's team. Would not be fun. He just doesn't pass.

I jumped on Melo a lot the last couple of years. He seemed to love this bully ball idea and it's not pretty basketball. That said this year he has had little choice.

Hawkeye15
03-21-2014, 12:26 AM
Absolutely true, but hear me out. That's to be expected, even inevitable. Durant is the best scorer in the last 20 years. He's going to take his shots. Around 20 per game. Really should be more given his skillset. He's got to shoot.

Ibaka is extremely overrated. He can't break you down off the drive and just shoots. He's a shooting guard playing the 4 while blocking shots. He can't pass.

And then there is Westbrook. When your PG leads the NBA in USG% (WTF, is that!!!) then others get freezed out. He loves to call ISO's for his own damn self.

All this adds up to Durant must takes his shots because he's that good. All Ibaka can do is shoot. And Westbrook has a massive ego.

It's inevitable.

oh for sure. Just an interesting graph stating the obvious