PDA

View Full Version : If the Knicks grab the 8th seed ...

Pages : [1] 2

mudvayne387
03-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Do they have any chance at knocking off the Pacers ? (Assuming they get the 1 seed)

Dismiss it all you want, but the Knicks are playing some very good basketball right now. Their defensive intensity is at an all time high, Amare is playing his best basketball in years, and they are finally hitting their open shots.

Yes I know, they have to get in first (and it won't be easy). But with a very easy remaining schedule, it is not out of the realm of possibilities.

So, simple question. If they sneak in, do they have any shot ?

SiCk-N-TwiSTed
03-20-2014, 09:09 AM
I think they can win a game maybe 2 but im not to sure about the series. Indiana will go to another level in the playoffs. They are not the same team with out Granger but they are still a scary team. I doubt the knicks win the series but i give them a shot to steal a game or 2 maybe a game in Indiana also lol

Mr. Baller
03-20-2014, 09:15 AM
They aren't getting the 8 seed, so this topic is irrelevant.

D-Leethal
03-20-2014, 09:18 AM
Charlotte or Atlanta needs to pretty much free fall. I think the Knicks can win their next 4 pretty easily, we need one of them to slip up during that stretch. Knicks have a tough April and they will need to be within 1.5-2 games of one of those guys by end of next week to have any shot.

Jetsguy
03-20-2014, 09:27 AM
Atlanta is just not losing and that is the only way the Knicks have a chance. Unfortunately to little to late. It would be a great series but just not going to happen

mudvayne387
03-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Charlotte or Atlanta needs to pretty much free fall. I think the Knicks can win their next 4 pretty easily, we need one of them to slip up during that stretch. Knicks have a tough April and they will need to be within 1.5-2 games of one of those guys by end of next week to have any shot.

I honestly feel like Charlotte is due for a losing streak. Their next three games are tough, while the Knicks (on paper) should win their next 4. Obviously the odds are stacked against them, but being within 2 games by the end of next week is not out of the question.

Also, keep in mind that the Hawks and Bobcats still have to play each other near the end of the season.

Yes it would be a historic collapse by either Charlotte or Atlanta, but as a Braves fan I know a thing or two about historic collapses =(

Knick_Fever
03-20-2014, 09:47 AM
I honestly feel like Charlotte is due for a losing streak. Their next three games are tough, while the Knicks (on paper) should win their next 4. Obviously the odds are stacked against them, but being within 2 games by the end of next week is not out of the question.

Also, keep in mind that the Hawks and Bobcats still have to play each other near the end of the season.

Yes it would be a historic collapse by either Charlotte or Atlanta, but as a Braves fan I know a thing or two about historic collapses =(

I don't see the Knicks losing much in these last 14 games or so, but unfortunately neither do I for the hawks or bobcats. The cats have the easiest schedule remaining with the hawks almost as easy, while we have the toughest. Our only chance is bobcats losing the next 3 games, which will be of the toughest remaining. Then we have a realistic shot but the odds are against us. We need A LOT of help.

ManningToTyree
03-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Even if it happens I can't see us taking more than 2 from Indy

nycericanguy
03-20-2014, 10:23 AM
Even if it happens I can't see us taking more than 2 from Indy

why though? we nearly took IND to a 7th game last year...

And before people say we had Kidd and Novak... those guys barely played and literally contributed nothing.

JR was playing on a bad knee that needed surgery and gave us nothing, Melo had a bad shoulder that almost needed surgery, Tyson had a bad neck, and Amare was coming off an injury and not playing anywhere near the level he is now.

As a Knick fan, i'd be optimistic if we got in and played IND.

ManRam
03-20-2014, 10:23 AM
They won't make it, and if they do defy the odds: "no".

ManRam
03-20-2014, 10:33 AM
I know this isn't the question, so pardon me.

If Atlanta goes 6-10, they finish 37-45. The Knicks would need to go 9-5 just to tie that. 10-4 to avoid the tie breaker. If ATL goes .500, they'll be 39-44. The Knicks would need to go 11-3 just to tie that. The odds are just really low, and Atlanta has turned things around just in time.

Atlanta's schedule. Bolding playoff teams.

NO
@TOR
PHX
@MIN
POR
@WAS
PHI
CHI
CLE
@IND
DET
BOS
@BK
MIA
CHA
@MIL

NYK:

@PHI
CLE
@LAL
@SAC
@PHX
@GS
@UTA
BK
WAS
@MIA
@TOR
CHI
@BK
TOR

The Knicks have 7 games in April, all 7 are against playoff teams. Granted, EC playoff teams, but still. They enter that month on a 5 game WC road trip. Again, the teams aren't all difficult, but it doesn't help that they get SAC and UTA on the second night of back-to-backs. They're similar schedules. The Hawks just need to do so much less. They have 4 true cupcakes in BOS, MIL, CLE and PHI. So long as they don't blow those, I'd imagine they have this all but locked up.

If they make it, even as bad as Indy is, Indy is perfectly playoff tested. They'll figure it out. Their defense will be too much in a playoff series, for sure. Maybe the Knicks steal a game or two if Melo goes off, but Indy still runs laps around the Knicks. No shot.

lvlheaded
03-20-2014, 10:37 AM
The Knicks would have to win 11 of their last 14 to get this done IMO. I don't think that's happening

nycericanguy
03-20-2014, 10:55 AM
I know this isn't the question, so pardon me.

If Atlanta goes 6-10, they finish 37-45. The Knicks would need to go 9-5 just to tie that. 10-4 to avoid the tie breaker. If ATL goes .500, they'll be 39-44. The Knicks would need to go 11-3 just to tie that. The odds are just really low, and Atlanta has turned things around just in time.

Atlanta's schedule. Bolding playoff teams.

NO
@TOR
PHX
@MIN
POR
@WAS
PHI
CHI
CLE
@IND
DET
BOS
@BK
MIA
CHA
@MIL

NYK:

@PHI
CLE
@LAL
@SAC
@PHX
@GS
@UTA
BK
WAS
@MIA
@TOR
CHI
@BK
TOR

The Knicks have 7 games in April, all 7 are against playoff teams. Granted, EC playoff teams, but still. They enter that month on a 5 game WC road trip. Again, the teams aren't all difficult, but it doesn't help that they get SAC and UTA on the second night of back-to-backs. They're similar schedules. The Hawks just need to do so much less. They have 4 true cupcakes in BOS, MIL, CLE and PHI. So long as they don't blow those, I'd imagine they have this all but locked up.

If they make it, even as bad as Indy is, Indy is perfectly playoff tested. They'll figure it out. Their defense will be too much in a playoff series, for sure. Maybe the Knicks steal a game or two if Melo goes off, but Indy still runs laps around the Knicks. No shot.

I said a couple of weeks ago the Knicks would have to go on some crazy 16-2 type run to get in, and I still think that's the case...

that being said, it's not a crazy thought... they have had played in spurts under Woodson... first 18-6, then 18-5... then 16-2 to finish last year.

Now they are 7-0... I def think they need to finish better than 9-5... more like 11-3 or 12-2... but it's possible. Keep in mind though their last 5 games look tough, those playoffs teams are likely to be resting their starters and likely won't be playing for anything.

And the team you should be looking at is CHA, they are only 4 back in the loss column and CHA have 3 tough games coming up, while the Knicks have 4 games against horrible teams. It's very conceivable that CHA loses 2 or even all 3 of those games while the Knicks sweep... which would put them 1 game back by end of next week.

Knick_Fever
03-20-2014, 10:59 AM
I think at best Knicks go 10-4 but cats and hawks play .500 down the stretch, which is all they need to do. At those rates with our luck, we'll end up tied with Atlanta but lose the tiebreaker to them.

MJL80
03-20-2014, 11:01 AM
The Chinese groundskeepers in the movie Major League said it best....

"they're still sh*tty"

FYL_McVeezy
03-20-2014, 11:01 AM
Do they have any chance at knocking off the Pacers ? (Assuming they get the 1 seed)

Dismiss it all you want, but the Knicks are playing some very good basketball right now. Their defensive intensity is at an all time high, Amare is playing his best basketball in years, and they are finally hitting their open shots.

Yes I know, they have to get in first (and it won't be easy). But with a very easy remaining schedule, it is not out of the realm of possibilities.

So, simple question. If they sneak in, do they have any shot ?

I would like to see the Knicks get in and possibly steal a game from Indy.....

I don't know why anyone would have high hopes of beating them. Playoffs are a different animal.

FYL_McVeezy
03-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Bobcats are the wild card here, it's not just about the Hawks.

Bobcats lose their next 3 tough games and the Knicks win the next 3 easier games, we're looking at a different playoff picture next week....

Jamiecballer
03-20-2014, 11:07 AM
i don't think the Knicks have much of a chance of getting in but if they do, sure they could take a game.

ManRam
03-20-2014, 11:13 AM
And the team you should be looking at is CHA, they are only 4 back in the loss column and CHA have 3 tough games coming up, while the Knicks have 4 games against horrible teams. It's very conceivable that CHA loses 2 or even all 3 of those games while the Knicks sweep... which would put them 1 game back by end of next week.

True. I keep forgetting about Charlotte's slide.

POR
HOU
BK
@ORL
WAS
@PHI
ORL
@CLE
@WAS
@BOS
PHI
@ATL
CHI

Softish schedule. Get past this three game home stand against playoff teams (none are b2bs) and there's a lot of beatable teams there.

sunsfan88
03-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Pacers look so bad that yea it's a possibility.

nycericanguy
03-20-2014, 11:24 AM
True. I keep forgetting about Charlotte's slide.

POR
HOU
BK
@ORL
WAS
@PHI
ORL
@CLE
@WAS
@BOS
PHI
@ATL
CHI

Softish schedule. Get past this three game home stand against playoff teams (none are b2bs) and there's a lot of beatable teams there.

yea the next 3 games are key... Knicks need CHA to lose at least 2 of those and they need to sweep their 4.

Bottom line is Knicks need to get to 39-40 wins and hope CHA or ATL plays .500 ball the rest of the way.

and of course it helps that ATL plays CHA so there is at least 1 guaranteed loss for either

KnicksorBust
03-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Hate threads like this. Debating whether or not they can get in over Charlotte or Atlanta is valid. Debating how they will do against the Pacers is a joke.

mudvayne387
03-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Let me just say that it's a miracle that were even having this conversation. This has been a tumultuous season for the Knicks to say the least.

Lets take a look back shall we ?

You had the MWP and Udrih disaster, then Mike Woodson hanging onto his job by the thread of his jock strap, Chris Smith and the backdoor contract, the constant Anthony trade and free agency chatter, then the Phil Jackson hire, fans potentially boycotting the Knicks outside of MSG.. etc ...

There may be more successful franchises out there, but there certainly is never a dull moment for us Knick fans ...

mudvayne387
03-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Hate threads like this. Debating whether or not they can get in over Charlotte or Atlanta is valid. Debating how they will do against the Pacers is a joke.

Welp, see ya later !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=praFGD51ih8

raptors3589
03-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Keep in mind though their last 5 games look tough, those playoffs teams are likely to be resting their starters and likely won't be playing for anything.

I feel like Toronto, Brooklyn, and Chicago will all be fighting out for the 3-5 seeding (and Atlantic Division title), so I can't see them resting starters if the standings are still separated by only a couple games...

ManRam
03-20-2014, 11:58 AM
I feel like Toronto, Brooklyn, and Chicago will all be fighting out for the 3-5 seeding (and Atlantic Division title), so I can't see them resting starters if the standings are still separated by only a couple games...

Yeah, I think resting doesn't happen as much as we think. The Heat did it a little last year, but they were SOOOO far ahead it wasn't even funny. The Knicks rested Melo just for the final 2 games last year. Indy in the last game.

I'm with you. Aside from the competitiveness, I just don't think teams are doing it all that much these days. Last year, the Heat did it on and off last year, but still won a crap ton of games late in the season. The Knicks rested Melo just for the final two games. Indy rested their starters in their last game. The Nets for a game. Chicago didn't at all. The Hawks did for a game, and Horford got a few games off, but nothing significant. You get the idea...

Those 5 teams all could very well be playing significant games at that point. And even if they aren't...it's not common for teams to rest a TON right before the playoffs. Maybe a game or two, or just an individual, but I doubt rest plays a huge role. But who knows?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-20-2014, 12:05 PM
no, they wont even make the playoffs.

slashsnake
03-20-2014, 12:22 PM
If they make it, sure they have a chance. But something in the 0-5% range if you asked me to guess. I think they could make it a 5 or even a 6 game series, but that is a tough one.

KniCks4LiFe
03-20-2014, 12:27 PM
We'd take 2. Prolly in NY, the min. we go to Indy we're fried. But this ain't happening. B/c we're going on this road trip and these teams they match up well w/ us and have a style we can't defend or adjust to this season w/ our personel.

KniCks4LiFe
03-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Bobcats are the wild card here, it's not just about the Hawks.

Bobcats lose their next 3 tough games and the Knicks win the next 3 easier games, we're looking at a different playoff picture next week....

The Bobcats are making the playoffs. There is no way in w/ them. At worst they end up #8 knocking off Indy if the Paul George that played us is playing for them in the 1st rd.

The only way in for our Knicks is through ATL, if they can't get in through them, start watching the games for strategic reasons that make sense for Phil Jackson's reign to take over in the summer. B/c we ain't making it. Infact the very plausible situation and it sickens me. We have 6-8 brutal games in April. The Nets can eliminate us in Madison Square Garden.

John Walls Era
03-20-2014, 12:47 PM
they wont make it. they're beating bad teams.

Captain Moroni
03-20-2014, 12:52 PM
Knicks will fall short.

mjm07
03-20-2014, 01:03 PM
I hope they do. Prefer Knicks vs Pacers in the 1st round than Hawks.

KniCks4LiFe
03-20-2014, 01:13 PM

you know what sucks. How did Indy turn so bad so quick. Eversince they traded for Evan Turner, they crashed. I mean they were low key overrated. But that still was a top 5 team. I don't think they can beat CHA in the playoffs, hell ATL might shock them.

2-ONE-5
03-20-2014, 01:15 PM
1. theyre ont getting in the playoffs which is laughable and i love it
2. they would drop to Indy in 6 at best

Bring The Heat
03-20-2014, 01:37 PM
Knicks would have absolutely no shot in that series.. Pacers are just all around better team. They would be lucky to grab a game or two against them.. Pacers would turn up the defense in the playoffs and lock them down. This would happen to my Heat all the time before in the regular season.. Lose to the bulls, pacers, whomever and come playoff time that would mean nothing.

I remember the Bulls beat us multiple times in the regular season couple of years ago when they had the best record in the East with Rose and then we took them out in 5 games.. the playoffs is just a different game.

SPURSFAN1
03-20-2014, 01:39 PM
knicks arent making chit.

NYKnickFanatic
03-20-2014, 01:41 PM
I doubt they make it, but you people prefer to see IND vs ATL/CHA rather than the Knicks? Come on.

NYKnickFanatic
03-20-2014, 01:41 PM

Never know. These bad teams that we are beating, we were losing to them early on in the season.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-20-2014, 02:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s

TheNumber37
03-20-2014, 02:05 PM
All it takes is a team to drop 3 in a row or 4 or 5... I see the Knicks finishing strong.. As in one of the topportunity 10 teams as they finish the season...
I'd love the 8th seed, but I want Miami.

ewing
03-20-2014, 02:09 PM
you know what sucks. How did Indy turn so bad so quick. Eversince they traded for Evan Turner, they crashed. I mean they were low key overrated. But that still was a top 5 team. I don't think they can beat CHA in the playoffs, hell ATL might shock them.

I don't buy it. I think they will wake back up and handle everyone in front of them until they lose to the heat, unless the knicks sneak in of course

JasonJohnHorn
03-20-2014, 02:14 PM
If the Knicks get the 8th seed, the Nuggets will get a lower pick.

NYKnickFanatic
03-20-2014, 02:55 PM
If the Knicks get the 8th seed, the Nuggets will get a lower pick.

Is that you, Douglas?

KniCks4LiFe
03-20-2014, 02:58 PM
I don't buy it. I think they will wake back up and handle everyone in front of them until they lose to the heat, unless the knicks sneak in of course

homie they need to wake up w/ the quickness. Where is Paul George. Put him on a milk carton b/c he ain't there.

smith&wesson
03-20-2014, 03:03 PM
they will get in and when that happends any thing can happen in the post season.

KniCks4LiFe
03-20-2014, 03:04 PM
they will get in and when that happends any thing can happen in the post season.

over who?

NYKnickFanatic
03-20-2014, 03:07 PM
over who?

IF we get in, I would think over CHA.

KniCks4LiFe
03-20-2014, 03:09 PM
IF we get in, I would think over CHA.

you've seen CHA this season? that loss against BRK wasn't easy. BRK is the best team in the NBA since 2014 started record wise. CHA is going to get it together.

Beltrans Mole
03-20-2014, 03:16 PM
The next 3-4 games will tell us more. The Knicks need to win these next 4 and see how much ground they can make up.

blahblahyoutoo
03-20-2014, 03:23 PM
why though? we nearly took IND to a 7th game last year...

And before people say we had Kidd and Novak... those guys barely played and literally contributed nothing.

JR was playing on a bad knee that needed surgery and gave us nothing, Melo had a bad shoulder that almost needed surgery, Tyson had a bad neck, and Amare was coming off an injury and not playing anywhere near the level he is now.

As a Knick fan, i'd be optimistic if we got in and played IND.

again I axe, do you want to double down on our bet?

KniCks4LiFe
03-20-2014, 03:24 PM
The next 3-4 games will tell us more. The Knicks need to win these next 4 and see how much ground they can make up.

that's what's scary. We are in win every game mode. :laugh2:

This road trip and then those April games. Hell on earth train line.

xxplayerxx23
03-20-2014, 03:38 PM
Bobcats have no chance vs Indy. Either do the Knicks. Playoff wise the next 6-8 games for the cats,Knicks, hawks will tell a lot. Late April hawks vs bobcats will be huge as well

Jasper6
03-20-2014, 03:39 PM
They got their *** handed to them last year itll happen again this year

xxplayerxx23
03-20-2014, 03:42 PM
They got their *** handed to them last year itll happen again this year

One or two bounces go nyk way they would of had a game 7 at their house :laugh2: but ok

xxplayerxx23
03-20-2014, 03:42 PM
I will say amare has played amazing basketball of late

blahblahyoutoo
03-20-2014, 03:43 PM
I will say amare has played amazing basketball of late

yeah mang. knicks is back!

xxplayerxx23
03-20-2014, 03:45 PM
yeah mang. knicks is back!

When Lebron moves on whether it be this year or next I will enjoy seeing what team you root for

KniCks4LiFe
Bobcats have no chance vs Indy. Either do the Knicks. Playoff wise the next 6-8 games for the cats,Knicks, hawks will tell a lot. Late April hawks vs bobcats will be huge as well

Indy stinks. Wake up man. The match ups would kill them. Their PG is Lance Stephenson and Evan Turner. George Hill ain't killing no one. Paul George has stunk this season. Who stopping Horford? who's stopping Kemba? And Neal and CDR are now going off. CHA ain't no joke. I've been telling you this. Wake up. Indy is overrated. They'd win against the Knicks b/c we crack mentally on the road and that carries w/ the players but aside from that ATL and CHA could knock off Indy in a heated series.

QueensG_718
Melo>George. That is all.

KniCks4LiFe
03-20-2014, 03:46 PM
yeah mang. Knicks is back!

stfu!

xxplayerxx23
03-20-2014, 03:52 PM
That guy is in forum more then his own typical bandwagon lol

rocket
03-20-2014, 03:55 PM
The Knicks are the greatest team

xxplayerxx23
03-20-2014, 03:55 PM
Indy stinks. Wake up man. The match ups would kill them. Their PG is Lance Stephenson and Evan Turner. George Hill ain't killing no one. Paul George has stunk this season. Who stopping Horford? who's stopping Kemba? And Neal and CDR are now going off. CHA ain't no joke. I've been telling you this. Wake up. Indy is overrated. They'd win against the Knicks b/c we crack mentally on the road and that carries w/ the players but aside from that ATL and CHA could knock off Indy in a heated series.

Please Horford I assume you meant Al Jeff. Please Indy will be ready playoff time . Indy in 6 prob 5. Cha is a joke they suck. Paul Geroge has not stunk lol stop it Bobcats are not a good basketball team

xxplayerxx23
03-20-2014, 03:56 PM
The Knicks are the greatest team

Stop it there not greater then the pistons

KniCks4LiFe
03-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Please Horford I assume you meant Al Jeff. Please Indy will be ready playoff time . Indy in 6 prob 5. Cha is a joke they suck. Paul Geroge has not stunk lol stop it Bobcats are not a good basketball team

I keep messing up Horford and Jefferson's name. Yeh. CHA is no joke. Hibbert is good defensively don't get me wrong. But he ain't shutting out Jefferson. Paul George has stunk, this is one of his worst season. [he's lucky he's young and his contract is set b/c he's been bad this season] CHA in 6 watch.

xxplayerxx23
03-20-2014, 04:01 PM
I keep messing up Horford and Jefferson's name. Yeh. CHA is no joke. Hibbert is good defensively don't get me wrong. But he ain't shutting out Jefferson. Paul George has stunk, this is one of his worst season. [he's lucky he's young and his contract is set b/c he's been bad this season] CHA in 6 watch.

Now I'm really hoping they make it. Bobcats have no chance. Paul Geroge has still been a top 10 player this season

KniCks4LiFe
03-20-2014, 04:06 PM
Now I'm really hoping they make it. Bobcats have no chance. Paul Geroge has still been a top 10 player this season

a low tier top 10. Bobcats would give them hell. It's like Indy vs Indy only w/ better offense.

xxplayerxx23
03-20-2014, 04:08 PM
a low tier top 10. Bobcats would give them hell. It's like Indy vs Indy only w/ better offense.

Wth, they have two players that are above average offensively walker and Al Jeff and Indy has those two positions matched up perfect. Indy in 5, 6 at most

KniCks4LiFe
03-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Wth, they have two players that are above average offensively walker and Al Jeff and Indy has those two positions matched up perfect. Indy in 5, 6 at most

not w/o Paul George and George Hill getting burned. You forget CHA's bench is decent.

xxplayerxx23
03-20-2014, 04:11 PM
not w/o Paul George and George Hill getting burned. You forget CHA's bench is decent.

Hill has been a Solid defender. Kemba is bleh. Paul Geroge didn't die so let's stop that nonsense

KniCks4LiFe
03-20-2014, 04:13 PM
Hill has been a Solid defender. Kemba is bleh. Paul Geroge didn't die so let's stop that nonsense

solid? did you miss the George Hill thread I posted showing how bad he is right now? Kemba is atleast a top 10-15 PG in the NBA. Top 4 in the East if the playoffs start today.

xxplayerxx23
03-20-2014, 04:14 PM
solid? did you miss the George Hill thread I posted showing how bad he is right now? Kemba is atleast a top 10-15 PG in the NBA. Top 4 in the East if the playoffs start today.

Nobody fears them. They'd win a game on their home floor maybe 2 if they get lucky.

KniCks4LiFe
03-20-2014, 04:16 PM
Nobody fears them. They'd win a game on their home floor maybe 2 if they get lucky.

Oh I want Indy vs CHA now. [I'd gloat like hell when CHA wins]

xxplayerxx23
03-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Oh I want Indy vs CHA now. [I'd gloat like hell when CHA wins]

Too bad they have a 5% chance at best of winning more then two games lol first let's see if the cats hold
Onto there spot

1-800-STFU
03-20-2014, 04:24 PM
Never did I think I would walk into a discussion of someone defending the Bobcats in a playoff series.

xxplayerxx23
03-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Never did I think I would walk into a discussion of someone defending the Bobcats in a playoff series.

Esp vs a number 1 seed :laugh:

NBA_Starter
03-20-2014, 09:49 PM
Yes they do, a lot better chance than Charlotte or the Hawks.

xxplayerxx23
03-20-2014, 11:04 PM
Yes they do, a lot better chance than Charlotte or the Hawks.

You ain't read it? Bobcats in 6 the guy said it

blahblahyoutoo
03-21-2014, 02:36 PM
stfu!

why?
did you say the same when amare said Knicks is back? i don't get it.

KniCks4LiFe
03-21-2014, 02:39 PM
I wish you'd have the balls to say that at MSG. Oh man..

NYKnickFanatic
03-21-2014, 02:39 PM
Bobcats in 6 vs Spurs.

rocket
03-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Stop it there not greater then the pistons

The Pistons are the greatest team in the NBA

xxplayerxx23
03-21-2014, 03:10 PM
The Pistons are the greatest team in the NBA

Can't disagree with the truth

NBA_Starter
03-21-2014, 03:47 PM
You ain't read it? Bobcats in 6 the guy said it

Unbelievable :speechless:

jimm120
03-21-2014, 03:59 PM
I don't think the Knicks grab the 8th seed.

I always said that they needed to be at least 1 or 1.5 games back after this 12 game stretch (it started with Detroit...which they lost...but they did win against Indy, so...).

Unfortunately, we've already played 8 out of the 12 games and we're still 4 games back. We really need to make up ground in the remaining 4 games if we're gonna even have a chance.

That said...I don't think the Knicks make much noise in the playoffs. Woodson's offense is so stagnant that when other teams plan for us (errr, I mean Melo here), they dominate. They keep the ball away from Melo and no one else can do anything. The heat did that to us 2 years ago. Indy did it to us last year. I'm sure either would do the same this year.

Woodson just doesn't know how to create different ways for Melo to get teh ball when playing the Heat

EDIT:

THAT said, I'm hoping and hoping.

I hope that they finish off this 12 game stretch 11-1, the only loss being that first Detroit game.
I hope that during the final month, most teams are just resting their guys, so to help us.
I hope that they get into the playoffs and continue their momentum, unlike the past 2 years in which they've ended hot but cooled down in the playoffs.

IkeDoIt
03-21-2014, 05:06 PM
I'm glad someone posted the Knicks, Hawks, and Bobcats's schedules so i dont have to. I'm hoping the Bobcats or Hawks live up to their annual losing reputations in these last few games. The Hawks have overachieved more than we have in these past few games. the sad thing is that ALL 3 teams are unpredictable. I wouldnt be surprised to see all 3 playing sub .500 ball the rest of the season, although I'm pulling for the Knicks to continue their inspired play.

To the question at hand, I DO believe the Knicks can win a 7 game series against the Pacers. Unlike most 1 vs 8 playoff series, this one would be a toss-up

IndyRealist
03-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Not going to answer the question, but a Pacers-Knicks series is exactly how I'd want to start the playoffs.

xxplayerxx23
03-21-2014, 06:34 PM
Not going to answer the question, but a Pacers-Knicks series is exactly how I'd want to start the playoffs.

Id think you want the hawks

Mr. Baller
03-21-2014, 08:39 PM
It doesn't matter, Knicks have no shot at the 8 seed

xxplayerxx23
03-21-2014, 09:07 PM

No surprise you would say NO shot but it's okay.

mjm07
03-21-2014, 11:04 PM
Indy doesn't want Knicks in Round 1.

Mr. Baller
03-21-2014, 11:41 PM
No surprise you would say NO shot but it's okay.

3 back 13 to play, why would I believe a mediocre team like the Knicks will continue to win and make the playoffs.

DoMeFavors
03-22-2014, 12:31 AM
id like to see a Knicks vs Pacers first round rather than Hawks.

Jesse2272
03-22-2014, 08:46 AM
3 back 13 to play, why would I believe a mediocre team like the Knicks will continue to win and make the playoffs.

Do you actually watch Knicks games or the play of late

why regurgitate media vitriol

we have a legit chance to catch ATL, maybe your Ouija board says they wont make it with absolute finality

NYKnickFanatic
03-22-2014, 09:07 AM

How about 7th? :p

xxplayerxx23
03-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Do you actually watch Knicks games or the play of late

why regurgitate media vitriol

we have a legit chance to catch ATL, maybe your Ouija board says they wont make it with absolute finality

Don't mind him, he's to busy to watch basketball

ohreally
03-22-2014, 01:37 PM
If the Pope smokes dope?

ManRam
03-22-2014, 05:11 PM
The Knicks have split the season series with both Charlotte and Atlanta. The tie-breaker for both teams and the Knicks would be conference record. Atlanta is 4 up in the loss column in that regard, Charlotte is two. Just worth keeping in mind.

7 of the Knicks' remaining 8 EC games are against EC playoff teams.
Charlotte has 11 games against the East left, 5 against playoff teams.
Atlanta has 12 games against the East left, 6 against playoff teams

Take it for whatever it's worth.

AddiX
03-22-2014, 06:03 PM
The Knicks have split the season series with both Charlotte and Atlanta. The tie-breaker for both teams and the Knicks would be conference record. Atlanta is 4 up in the loss column in that regard, Charlotte is two. Just worth keeping in mind.

7 of the Knicks' remaining 8 EC games are against EC playoff teams.
Charlotte has 11 games against the East left, 5 against playoff teams.
Atlanta has 12 games against the East left, 6 against playoff teams

Take it for whatever it's worth.

I'd take it as were not getting in.

And if that helps Phil to have the leverage to gut this team from top to bottem the way I said we should of after week 3, I'm completely cool with that.

For this team to have to wait until now to finally play as a team and take games seriously is all anyone should need to see to be fine with getting rid of all of them. Shump stays unless someone drops a 1st for him, hardaway def sticks around, keep my boy Cole. Get rid of the rest of them.

And how the **** did herb Williams last on knicks staff since 2001? this dude is like a god damn mascot for past failed coaching staffs, get rid of this guy already. Dude must be Dolans resident snitch, god I hope phil cleans house the way he needs to.

IkeDoIt
03-22-2014, 06:10 PM
I'm hoping for no tiebreakers to happen. We still have 13 games left, Atlanta has 15 and Charlotte has 13. We're down 3 to ATL and 4 to Charlotte, who head into a tough Blazers game tonight.
I think we'll have a clear answer to catching up to either of these 2 teams by this Wednesday

Knicks: Cavs on Sun, Lakers on Tue, Kings on Wed
Hawks: Raptors on Sun, Suns on Mon, T-Wolves on Wed
Bobcats: Trailblazers on Sat, Rockets on Mon, Nets on Wed

I can see us winning all 3 if we come seriously. and the Hawks/Blazers both going 1-3 by this wednesday. if not even losing all 3 games. Wishful thinking, maybe somewhat... but looking at these games individually, there is reason for optimism as Knicks fans...

Riodagoat
03-22-2014, 06:17 PM
I don't see it happening, but i would love for it to happen for two reasons.
1. Gonna be the ultimate **** tease for Knick fans. They make the playoffs and end up maybe getting swept.
2. Who the hell wants to see Pacers vs Hawks? I'd rather see Pacers Knicks.

NYKNYGNYY
03-22-2014, 06:25 PM
I'd obviously like to see us get in maybe it'll help keep melo and it'll give the nuggets a worse pic.. I like the nuggets but u guys got enough lol... I can see us taking the pacers to 6 or 7 games no way we win a game 7 in Indy .. The way we look tho I'm sure most fans would rather see us play the pacers then the hawks ... Dam shame we didn't play this we'll for even 2/3 of the season

torocan
03-22-2014, 10:15 PM
I'm hoping for no tiebreakers to happen. We still have 13 games left, Atlanta has 15 and Charlotte has 13. We're down 3 to ATL and 4 to Charlotte, who head into a tough Blazers game tonight.
I think we'll have a clear answer to catching up to either of these 2 teams by this Wednesday

Knicks: Cavs on Sun, Lakers on Tue, Kings on Wed
Hawks: Raptors on Sun, Suns on Mon, T-Wolves on Wed
Bobcats: Trailblazers on Sat, Rockets on Mon, Nets on Wed

I can see us winning all 3 if we come seriously. and the Hawks/Blazers both going 1-3 by this wednesday. if not even losing all 3 games. Wishful thinking, maybe somewhat... but looking at these games individually, there is reason for optimism as Knicks fans...

Charlotte just blew out Portland by 30. I doubt they do the same to the Rockets AND the Nets. However, it's conceivable that the Bobcats could end up with 2/3 if they continue to shoot well.

Hawks are 50/50 in my books. Even chance of 2/3 or 1/3.

Knicks have a soft spot here, but we'll see...

IkeDoIt
03-23-2014, 08:02 AM
Charlotte just blew out Portland by 30. I doubt they do the same to the Rockets AND the Nets. However, it's conceivable that the Bobcats could end up with 2/3 if they continue to shoot well.

Hawks are 50/50 in my books. Even chance of 2/3 or 1/3.

Knicks have a soft spot here, but we'll see...

hahaha yeah, my WTF face was on as soon as i saw the first quarter score! Did not know LaMarcus Aldridge was going to be out, that changes the dynamics of Portland's game to be entirely reliant on Lillard.
anyways, still standing by my predictions/hopes

YoungOne
03-23-2014, 09:15 AM
I really would like to see knicks - heat first round, odds are not good but still possible

D-Leethal
03-23-2014, 12:11 PM
If Atl loses @ Toronto today, and Knicks take care of Cavs at home, it will start to get interesting with LAL and SAC on deck.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Its ridiculous that it even comes down to these last dozen games. The Knicks clearly have more talent than many of the dog teams in the East. The playoffs are a brand new season though if they can manage to get in. They should feel disgusted if they do not get in.

todu82
03-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Yeah, to many things have to go right for the Knicks to make the playoffs.

JEDean89
03-23-2014, 01:42 PM
It's true, it is a disgrace that the knicks are competing for a playoff spot this late in the season in this horrible eastern conference. truth is they gave up earlier in the season, the fact that they have a shot after going 21-40 is amazing.

xxplayerxx23
03-23-2014, 03:37 PM
Hawks lose Knicks could cut it to 2 games back 3 in loss column tonight
Hawks play
Home for suns Monday
At minny
Home for blazers (LMA may be back)
At Washington

smith&wesson
03-23-2014, 04:15 PM
pacers vs knicks first round would be very entertaining. I much rather see that than the pacers vs the hawks.

the knicks would actually give the pacers a good run.

NBA_Starter
03-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Hopefully the Hawks and Knicks are the last two in.

xxplayerxx23
03-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Why aren't you a bobcat fan ?

DillyDill
03-23-2014, 08:09 PM
pacers vs knicks first round would be very entertaining. I much rather see that than the pacers vs the hawks.

Yea I agree PG vs Mello

NBA_Starter
03-23-2014, 08:43 PM
Why aren't you a bobcat fan ?

Yes but if we switch places with the Knicks we get to keep our pick.

xxplayerxx23
03-23-2014, 10:09 PM
We'll Knicks just choked away a golden opportunity. A hawks victory vs suns would absoutley kill the Knicks

NBA_Starter
03-23-2014, 10:18 PM
We'll Knicks just choked away a golden opportunity. A hawks victory vs suns would absoutley kill the Knicks

It was a long shot but now it really looks bad.

koreancabbage
03-23-2014, 10:25 PM
I really would like to see knicks - heat first round, odds are not good but still possible

Knicks out in 4, maybe 5. not entertaining at all. maybe entertaining for those who don't like Knicks fans hahahaha

NBA_Starter
03-23-2014, 10:31 PM
So much for that, the odds just got even longer with that loss and a West Coast trip looming.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-24-2014, 01:35 AM
well yeah...not gonna happen

xxplayerxx23
03-24-2014, 11:30 PM
Hawks lose again

Trwood12
03-25-2014, 12:29 AM
I could actually see the Knicks upsetting the Pacers first round at this point. At least the Knicks have a semblance of chemistry and consistency.

Trwood12
03-25-2014, 12:37 AM
So much for that, the odds just got even longer with that loss and a West Coast trip looming.

Look at the Knicks upcoming schedule. Lakers, Kings, Suns, Warriors, Jazz, Nets, Wizards. With the way they've been playing they could easily go 5/7 there. Now look at the Hawks upcoming. Wolves, Blazers, Wizards, Sixers, Bulls, Cavs, Pacers. They will be lucky to go 2/7. It will be tough but I wouldn't at all be surprised if they pull it off.

Guppyfighter
03-25-2014, 01:05 AM
Knicks are not going to go 5/7.

Hawks will also win three games on theirs.

xxplayerxx23
03-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Kings. Obviously phoneix and GSW worry me on the trip. 3-2 or 4-1 is what they should hope for

goingfor28
03-25-2014, 10:34 AM
I hope they do. Prefer Knicks vs Pacers in the 1st round than Hawks.

Just came in to say exactly this

Pierzynski4Prez
03-25-2014, 11:02 AM
I could actually see the Knicks upsetting the Pacers first round at this point. At least the Knicks have a semblance of chemistry and consistency.

Yes, completely disregard the 1st 60 games of the season where the Pacers were 24 games ahead of the Knicks. The Knicks are the definition of consistency and a top example of what team chemistry looks like.

xxplayerxx23
03-25-2014, 11:04 AM
Yes, completely disregard the 1st 60 games of the season where the Pacers were 24 games ahead of the Knicks. The Knicks are the definition of consistency and a top example of what team chemistry looks like.

:laugh: this. Knicks could steal a game at home MAYBE 2 at best. Doesn't mean I won't be sitting there rooting them on but they would have very little to no chance of upsetting then, although Geroge play has been quite bad of late.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-25-2014, 11:11 AM
Look at the Knicks upcoming schedule. Lakers, Kings, Suns, Warriors, Jazz, Nets, Wizards. With the way they've been playing they could easily go 5/7 there. Now look at the Hawks upcoming. Wolves, Blazers, Wizards, Sixers, Bulls, Cavs, Pacers. They will be lucky to go 2/7. It will be tough but I wouldn't at all be surprised if they pull it off.

So each team plays 4 team that are +.500. Looks about the same Strength to me. Except you most likely purposely omitted the fact that the Knicks play @Mia, @Tor, Chi, @Brk, Tor as their last 5 games. With Chicago, Toronto, and Brooklyn all fighting each other for positioning.

Atl finishes Detroit, Boston, Milwaukee down the stretch, along with@Brk, Mia, and Charlotte. 4 out of 6 sub .500, while NY finishes bouncing around seeds 2-5 essentially. I would be very surprised if they can even match ATL down the stretch, let alone gain 3 games on them.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-25-2014, 11:14 AM
:laugh: this. Knicks could steal a game at home MAYBE 2 at best. Doesn't mean I won't be sitting there rooting them on but they would have very little to no chance of upsetting then, although Geroge play has been quite bad of late.

Sorry to bash the team like that. I mean, Nothing is impossible, miracles do happen. But that reasoning just made 0 sense. I think 2 wins at best though, likely 1 at home. With these 2 teams I can see about every game being a battle, similar to Heat/Bulls. We know we're maybe going to take a game (usually and sadly only game 1), hopefully 2, but each game will be a fight.

Have to get in 1st though.

xxplayerxx23
03-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Sorry to bash the team like that. I mean, Nothing is impossible, miracles do happen. But that reasoning just made 0 sense. I think 2 wins at best though, likely 1 at home. With these 2 teams I can see about every game being a battle, similar to Heat/Bulls. We know we're maybe going to take a game (usually and sadly only game 1), hopefully 2, but each game will be a fight.

Have to get in 1st though.

No doubt I agree with your bashing. The pacers are far supieror. Only worriesome thing for them
Is pg struggles. Hibbert has to play the same way he did in the playoffs last year if Paul doesn't get it together. Didn't like the turner pickup tbh, but yeah it would be really tough for ny to do it if they even get there

Ill21
03-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Knicks need to go 4-1 on this trip

mightybosstone
03-25-2014, 12:00 PM
I'd like to see the Knicks make the playoffs, because things are always more interesting when they're in the postseason, but I just don't see it. The rest of their schedule is pretty damn hard, especially that last stretch in April. Plus, I'm not sure who would have the tie-breaker between them and Atlanta since they're 2-2 in the season series, but Atlanta has a pretty substantial lead in conference record right now, so New York might have to make up 3 1/2 games, not just 2 1/2.

IF they were to somehow get in, I'd give them a shot to at least make it an interesting series with Indiana, especially the way the Pacers are playing as of late. But I certainly wouldn't pick them to win the series. Take it to 5 or 6 games? Sure, maybe even seven if they play out of their minds. But they won't win that series unless the Pacers play some truly horrid basketball.

Abdul Mutalib
03-25-2014, 12:14 PM
I'd like to see the Knicks make the playoffs, because things are always more interesting when they're in the postseason, but I just don't see it. The rest of their schedule is pretty damn hard, especially that last stretch in April. Plus, I'm not sure who would have the tie-breaker between them and Atlanta since they're 2-2 in the season series, but Atlanta has a pretty substantial lead in conference record right now, so New York might have to make up 3 1/2 games, not just 2 1/2.

IF they were to somehow get in, I'd give them a shot to at least make it an interesting series with Indiana, especially the way the Pacers are playing as of late. But I certainly wouldn't pick them to win the series. Take it to 5 or 6 games? Sure, maybe even seven if they play out of their minds. But they won't win that series unless the Pacers play some truly horrid basketball.

agreed, i'd like to see them make it too but for selfish reasons. I think if any 8th seed has a chance to upset INDY or heat it would be the "underachieving" (reachin or nah?) knicks. that way my raps can beat'em in the 2nd round or ECF LOL

Abdul Mutalib
03-25-2014, 12:16 PM

can't argue with u there bro but all that can go down the drain if you dont show-up in a 7 game series. playoffs are a diff. type of animal

Pierzynski4Prez
03-25-2014, 02:38 PM
can't argue with u there bro but all that can go down the drain if you dont show-up in a 7 game series. playoffs are a diff. type of animal

Well yes, but you can say that about any team in any year, so that statement doesn't really mean much.

Trwood12
03-25-2014, 09:07 PM

The fist half doesn't matter at all if they are playing like crap now. And if you haven't noticed, the Knicks have won 8 of their last 9 (one of which was the Pacers). The Pacers have won 5 of their last 9. Stephenson, Hibbert, and George have all been putting up lower stat lines this month than the rest of the season, and their level of play has decreased. If PG was as consistent as he was before I would say they win for sure, but they just can't depend on him now. I'm not even saying that there is a huge chance that it will happen, all I'm saying is I could see it happening.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-25-2014, 09:12 PM

The fist half doesn't matter at all if they are playing like crap now. And if you haven't noticed, the Knicks have won 8 of their last 9 (one of which was the Pacers). The Pacers have won 5 of their last 9. Stephenson, Hibbert, and George have all been putting up lower stat lines this month than the rest of the season, and their level of play has decreased. If PG was as consistent as he was before I would say they win for sure, but they just can't depend on him now. I'm not even saying that there is a huge chance that it will happen, all I'm saying is I could see it happening.

So when it comes down to consistency, you only use 9 game samples instead of 70. Got it.

NBA_Starter
03-25-2014, 09:16 PM
That loss the other day was a real killer.

Ill21
03-25-2014, 09:21 PM
That loss the other day was a real killer.

yup, they should be 2 games out going into tonights game

Trwood12
03-25-2014, 09:33 PM
So when it comes down to consistency, you only use 9 game samples instead of 70. Got it.

No, I'm just saying that recently the Knicks have been doing great and the Pacers have not. The playoffs are this half of the season. Not the first half when the Pacers were doing good. How they were doing is completely irrelevant as to how they are doing. It doesn't take an NBA genius to see that the Pacers are not the same team that they were in 2013, and that can cost them the win. And by the way if you read my first couple of posts I said that if the Knicks and Pacers both keep up the way they've been playing recently, there could be an upset in the playoffs. Keyword "if." Of course I'm going to cite the most recent games if I'm talking about the way that they have been playing right now.

JEDean89
03-25-2014, 09:55 PM
^^^ who other than the ice cold pacers have the knicks beat in those 9 games?

Pierzynski4Prez
03-25-2014, 09:58 PM

No, I'm just saying that recently the Knicks have been doing great and the Pacers have not. The playoffs are this half of the season. Not the first half when the Pacers were doing good. How they were doing is completely irrelevant as to how they are doing. It doesn't take an NBA genius to see that the Pacers are not the same team that they were in 2013, and that can cost them the win. And by the way if you read my first couple of posts I said that if the Knicks and Pacers both keep up the way they've been playing recently, there could be an upset in the playoffs. Keyword "if." Of course I'm going to cite the most recent games if I'm talking about the way that they have been playing right now.

Very big "Ifs." But really going by yhat logic, the Knicks have a decent chance of beating the Pacers, and an even better chance of beating the Heat is essentially what you're saying. 5-4 is not some God awful stretch where all of a sudden the top seed should need to worry about a team that may be a 36win team. Heat won 4 of the last 11, do you think they lose more than 1game to NY if they met first round?

Trwood12
03-25-2014, 09:59 PM
^^^ who other than the ice cold pacers have the knicks beat in those 9 games?

That's exactly my point.. the Pacers are ice cold -_-

Trwood12
03-25-2014, 10:06 PM
Very big "Ifs." But really going by yhat logic, the Knicks have a decent chance of beating the Pacers, and an even better chance of beating the Heat is essentially what you're saying. 5-4 is not some God awful stretch where all of a sudden the top seed should need to worry about a team that may be a 36win team. Heat won 4 of the last 11, do you think they lose more than 1game to NY if they met first round?

I never said anything about them beating the Heat and I never even said they have a decent chance at the Pacers. All I said was that I could see it happening and i presented evidence why. That doesn't mean I think it will. All I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised. The biggest thing I said was that they had a good chance at making the playoffs. The Pacers are cold the Knicks are hot. That was essentially all my statement was meant to convey. You're over reacting like I'm saying the Knicks will take the east.

Mr. Baller
03-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Lets hope for Knicks win tonight, they could use more false hope. Atlanta on a 3 game losing streak, only 2 1/2 back!!!!!!!!!

xxplayerxx23
03-25-2014, 11:16 PM
Would be two. Your so cocky it would be great to throw it in your face. I know you response to if they get in

DoMeFavors
03-25-2014, 11:24 PM
Would be two. Your so cocky it would be great to throw it in your face. I know you response to if they get in

is the feeling that is Melo makes the 8th seed in the East that wouldnt even be close to making the 8th seed in the west, that would make him resign? I really wouldnt care if I was a knicks fan you either miss it and feel upset or make it and likely go out in 4 games and be upset. But in all likely hood Melo is already out the door, LeBron won 60 something games his last yr in Cleveland, Melo knows he has to go to a Bulls or Rockets team to compete.

xxplayerxx23
03-25-2014, 11:33 PM
is the feeling that is Melo makes the 8th seed in the East that wouldnt even be close to making the 8th seed in the west, that would make him resign? I really wouldnt care if I was a knicks fan you either miss it and feel upset or make it and likely go out in 4 games and be upset. But in all likely hood Melo is already out the door, LeBron won 60 something games his last yr in Cleveland, Melo knows he has to go to a Bulls or Rockets team to compete.

Lol who said anything about melo nice reach. That's your opinion long way till offseason

Mr. Baller
03-25-2014, 11:35 PM

Very good points here.

DoMeFavors
03-25-2014, 11:36 PM
Lol who said anything about melo nice reach. That's your opinion long way till offseason

no one did, but I just dont understand the need for the playoffs and knicks fans wanting it so bad. Knicks need a major change of their roster.

Mr. Baller
03-26-2014, 10:08 AM
Don't worry only still 3 back! Still a shot!

blastmasta26
03-26-2014, 10:19 AM
At this point, all I care about is not giving Denver a really good pick.

KnicksorBust
03-26-2014, 11:15 AM
Every time I see this thread I want to punch somebody in the face.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-26-2014, 12:41 PM
I have not invested much of my heart in the Knicks lately but giving up 51 points in a quarter to what looks like a D-League team roster coached by former coach (D Antoni) last night was ridiculous. Add to that the fact that they are supposed to be fighting for a playoff spot just makes it even more pathetic. Some of the big dollar guys on this team should have been ashamed of themselves last night yet I see guys smiling during the game like they are at a social meet and greet. They still have a chance to catch Atlanta but if they miss the playoffs this is the game I will remember.

29$JerZ
03-26-2014, 12:47 PM
Who cares honestly? Knicks weren't winning a title anyway's.

What's not being discussed enough is how screwed the Nuggets got with this Knicks mini winning streak.
Before the 9 game winning streak the Nuggets were guaranteed a Top 6 pick from NY. Now as things have played out Denver will likely get the Knicks pick at about 10 or 11.

Mr. Baller
03-26-2014, 02:21 PM
Every time I see this thread I want to punch somebody in the face.

:laugh:

P&GRealist
03-28-2014, 04:03 AM
The Hawks are choking big time. I think the Knicks get in, just to get whooped by the Pacers in the first round.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-28-2014, 05:16 AM
Its all about who loses less instead who wins more, joke of a conference :facepalm:

nycericanguy
03-28-2014, 09:40 AM
Its all about who loses less instead who wins more, joke of a conference :facepalm:

it's not that unusual for the #8 seed to be under .500... the East has actually been pretty good since the ASB and it looks like 7 teams can finish above .500

NYKnickFanatic
03-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Don't worry only still 3 back! Still a shot!

1.5 now. :hope:

Also, what team do you support?

mudvayne387
03-28-2014, 09:57 AM

And yet the East will be NBA champs again ...

xxplayerxx23
03-28-2014, 10:00 AM
1.5 now. :hope:

Also, what team do you support?

"Miami"

NYKnickFanatic
03-28-2014, 10:08 AM
"Miami"

Lol explains a lot then.

latinofire21
03-30-2014, 11:56 PM
Please oh please pacers dont lose the one spot. I want to face yo u in the first round with your anemic offense..... this thread is looking more and more possible these days

Mr. Baller
03-31-2014, 09:57 AM
Atlanta has lost 20 of its last 26 and the Knicks still aren't in yet. Crazy

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-31-2014, 11:11 AM

tanking for the playoffs lmfao:laugh:

xxplayerxx23
03-31-2014, 02:49 PM

Getting a bit worried with those type of comments I see. :)

lamzoka
03-31-2014, 03:02 PM

Sixers lost 26 straight and still don't own the worst record in the league. NOW THATS CRAZY

P&GRealist
03-31-2014, 03:09 PM
I am really hoping for a Knicks-Heat first round matchup.

NYKnickFanatic
03-31-2014, 03:17 PM
I am really hoping for a Knicks-Heat first round matchup.

I rather not be swept out of the first round lol.

mudvayne387
03-31-2014, 03:25 PM
Make no bones about it, the NBA wants the Knicks in the playoffs...

Carmelo Anthony = Star Power
Phil Jackson = Icon
New York City = Self Proclaimed Mecca

Money, Money, Money !!!

P&GRealist
03-31-2014, 03:36 PM
I rather not be swept out of the first round lol.

I'm not sure if it would be a sweep. I just feel with Melo impending free agency, Woodson's job on the line, and now Phil in the building at MSG and his zen presence can do wonders for the Knicks at MSG.

If they can just steal that first game in Miami (Phil Jackson teams are notorious for winning that 1st game and the series).

You never know. That's why they play the games. The Heat are still beatable.

xxplayerxx23
03-31-2014, 11:59 PM
I want pacers lol

torocan
04-01-2014, 07:13 AM
I'd rather see the Knicks vs Heat. Either it's quick and painless, or it's Epic. And at least I get to watch Melo and Lebron go off in the same game.

Slug3
04-01-2014, 11:51 AM
I want to see clevland vs Miami. Lebron crushing the clevland fans again. More jersey burning.

Nick O
04-01-2014, 04:03 PM
as horribly as the knicks will be crushed. The knicks in the playoffs is far more interesting than having the Hawks in there. id like to see it

P&GRealist
04-01-2014, 04:15 PM
as horribly as the knicks will be crushed. The knicks in the playoffs is far more interesting than having the Hawks in there. id like to see it

Plus NBA draws more money having both NY teams in the playoffs.

Atlanta is such a dud market when it comes to basketball.

Had 2003 all star game in atlanta not been MJ's final all-star game, that all-star weekend would have been a bust.

KnicksFan4Years
04-01-2014, 04:36 PM
I'd rather see the Knicks vs Heat. Either it's quick and painless, or it's Epic. And at least I get to watch Melo and Lebron go off in the same game.

That sounds like basketball porn right there.

Slug3
04-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Plus NBA draws more money having both NY teams in the playoffs.

Atlanta is such a dud market when it comes to basketball.

Had 2003 all star game in atlanta not been MJ's final all-star game, that all-star weekend would have been a bust.

This doesn't make much sense to me. If Atlanta made the playoffs would they not sell out their 2 games there? As an honest question how would NY make more money for the nba in a playoff series? Better advertising?

Knicks Boogie
04-01-2014, 06:43 PM
If Amare and Melo and Jr are on the top of their games. Felon and THJ can score when left open. Chandler stays in the paint and stops trying to defend the perimeter on switches and Cole plays like he is not scared. Knicks can beat either Pacers or the Heat in the playoffs in a series. Whatever Shump and Pablo give them is a plus too.

P&GRealist
04-01-2014, 06:58 PM
This doesn't make much sense to me. If Atlanta made the playoffs would they not sell out their 2 games there? As an honest question how would NY make more money for the nba in a playoff series? Better advertising?

Of course, better advertising, better story lines (especially now that Phil is there, we will see that Phil vs Riley rivalry come back after so many yrs when it was those Bulls-Heat MJ/Pip vs Zo/Hardaway yrs). This is if Heat-Knicks in the 1st rd happens.

The Hawks have ZERO appeal on the national landscape. Nobody cares about them, their best player Al Horford is OUT for the season. They shouldn't even be in the playoff hunt had this been a normal NBA season with at least a somewhat competitive East conference.

blahblahyoutoo
04-01-2014, 07:59 PM

on one hand, i want to see a "melo team" miss the playoffs so his fans can stop spouting that as an accomplishment of his.
on the other hand, i want the heat to crush them in the 1st round.

knicksfan1794
04-01-2014, 08:25 PM
on one hand, i want to see a "melo team" miss the playoffs so his fans can stop spouting that as an accomplishment of his.

I wouldn't be so sure about that the heat played terrible in march and Knicks have always caused them problems. You guys would win for sure but you wouldn't crush us

blahblahyoutoo
04-01-2014, 10:57 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about that the heat played terrible in march and Knicks have always caused them problems. You guys would win for sure but you wouldn't crush us

well, if it's a competitive series, I wouldn't be disappointed as well.

ryang
04-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Don't let the knick fans wet dream confuse you. The Heat will crush New York if they meet. Heat in 5 worse case scenario. If we meet I'd love to make any bet any knick fan would like to make. Don't worry about how the Heat played in march. Worry about how you've played all year.

east fb knicks
04-01-2014, 11:46 PM

melo missing the playoffs doesn't hurt him dude is putting crazy numbers up this year :facepalm:

mightybosstone
04-01-2014, 11:48 PM
What a difference a week makes. Now the Knicks look like they have as good a shot as Atlanta to make the postseason. That being said, I think Miami is a nightmare matchup for them. I'd like their chances against Indiana far more. Could they push Miami or Indiana to six or seven games? Sure, if they played great basketball. But I ultimately do not see that team having a realistic chance.

Crackadalic
04-01-2014, 11:59 PM
The knicks beat most of the good teams but also lost to most of worse teams. If they make it I wouldn't be surprise if they get swept and I wouldn't be as shock if we upset. Their as confusing as I've ever seen from a knicks team and I've watch plenty of knicks teams over the years

TylerSL
04-02-2014, 12:53 AM
As it stands right now, New York is practically 2 games behind Atlanta as they both have 32 wins, but the Knicks have played 2 more games than Atlanta and has 2 more losses. Which means Atlanta has to lose 2 more games than the Knicks for the rest of the season to even have the same record. Atlanta has 9 games (6 home 3 road). Atlanta has some winnable games left as 3 of their remaining home games are against Cleveland, Detroit, and Boston, and they have a road game against the Bucks still left.

New York, on the other hand, has a remaining schedule that is pretty brutal as all 7 (4 home 3 road) of their remaining games are against playoff teams. Again they have to have 2 less losses than Atlanta the rest of the way to even tie in records. So even if the Knicks go 5-2 in these last 7, making their season record 37-45, Atlanta would have to go no better than 5-4.

In such a scenario both teams would be 37-45, both teams have split the season series (2-2) so the tiebreaker would come down to conference record, which Atlanta's record would be 27-25 compared to New York's 26-26. Neither team has any more games against the West, so in order for New York to make the postseason they must have a better record than Atlanta at seasons end. So as it stands, New York is practically 3 games behind as Atlanta holds the tiebreaker as well.

Reading through this thread it seems to me that a lot of you guys are assuming that New York will make it but seeing how inconsistent they have been and seeing that all of their remaining games are against playoff teams I just don't see it. The future looks somewhat hopeful for New York as Phil may bring some allure to the Knicks but I do not see them in the postseason.

koreancabbage
04-02-2014, 02:23 AM

ROFL 4-0 sweep. book it. The Knicks were a better team the first the big three of Miami faced off the Knicks in comparison of the talent gap between the two teams. And thats back when Knicks fans were saying Knicks could be the Heat and it was the best match up... Knicks lost 4-1 convincingly.

I would be quite surprised if Knicks won a single game this time around.

nycericanguy
04-02-2014, 12:02 PM
As it stands right now, New York is practically 2 games behind Atlanta as they both have 32 wins, but the Knicks have played 2 more games than Atlanta and has 2 more losses. Which means Atlanta has to lose 2 more games than the Knicks for the rest of the season to even have the same record. Atlanta has 9 games (6 home 3 road). Atlanta has some winnable games left as 3 of their remaining home games are against Cleveland, Detroit, and Boston, and they have a road game against the Bucks still left.

New York, on the other hand, has a remaining schedule that is pretty brutal as all 7 (4 home 3 road) of their remaining games are against playoff teams. Again they have to have 2 less losses than Atlanta the rest of the way to even tie in records. So even if the Knicks go 5-2 in these last 7, making their season record 37-45, Atlanta would have to go no better than 5-4.

In such a scenario both teams would be 37-45, both teams have split the season series (2-2) so the tiebreaker would come down to conference record, which Atlanta's record would be 27-25 compared to New York's 26-26. Neither team has any more games against the West, so in order for New York to make the postseason they must have a better record than Atlanta at seasons end. So as it stands, New York is practically 3 games behind as Atlanta holds the tiebreaker as well.

Reading through this thread it seems to me that a lot of you guys are assuming that New York will make it but seeing how inconsistent they have been and seeing that all of their remaining games are against playoff teams I just don't see it. The future looks somewhat hopeful for New York as Phil may bring some allure to the Knicks but I do not see them in the postseason.

Well the Knicks have won 11 of 14 and ATL has lost 20 of 26... so it's trending in NY's favor and they clearly have a more talented roster, especially with Hortford out.

ATL finishing 5-4 right now seems like a huge leap considering they've gone 6 and 20. 3-6 seems like the more realistic finish for them which means NY would only need to go 4-3.

nycericanguy
04-02-2014, 12:03 PM
What a difference a week makes. Now the Knicks look like they have as good a shot as Atlanta to make the postseason. That being said, I think Miami is a nightmare matchup for them. I'd like their chances against Indiana far more. Could they push Miami or Indiana to six or seven games? Sure, if they played great basketball. But I ultimately do not see that team having a realistic chance.

They've played MIA about as well as anyone the past couple of years.

Even in 2011 they took MIA to 5 games with half their roster out... Melo and a bunch of nobodys. OKC with Harden, Durant, Ibaka and WB couldn't take MIA more than 5, CHI with a healthy Rose also lost in 5.

Chrisclover
04-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Anthony 's claim. I am wondering if Phil cares it. This year, Knicks suck. Making the playoffs or not does not prove any major improvement.

Mr. Baller
04-02-2014, 12:19 PM
After reading Danny Ferry's comments, I hope the Knicks or Cavs gets that 8 seed.

NYKnickFanatic
04-02-2014, 12:22 PM
After reading Danny Ferry's comments, I hope the Knicks or Cavs gets that 8 seed.

What did he say?

EDIT: Never mind.

"We're not focused on trying to be the eighth seed in the playoffs because that's not our goal..."

Makes sense...:confused:

koreancabbage
04-02-2014, 12:41 PM
They've played MIA about as well as anyone the past couple of years.

Even in 2011 they took MIA to 5 games with half their roster out... Melo and a bunch of nobodys. OKC with Harden, Durant, Ibaka and WB couldn't take MIA more than 5, CHI with a healthy Rose also lost in 5.

not really. Miami beat them by 10+ in each of their wins. Knicks won by 2 points in their win.

All the games OKC played Miami were fairly close and only OKC beat them by more than 10 points.

Just because they "took" Miami to 5 games doesn't mean the series was remotely close.

colinskik
04-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Don't let the knick fans wet dream confuse you. The Heat will crush New York if they meet. Heat in 5 worse case scenario. If we meet I'd love to make any bet any knick fan would like to make. Don't worry about how the Heat played in march. Worry about how you've played all year.

Much better as of late. So if they make the playoffs they're hitting their stride at just the right time. This is the point Knicks fans are making.

ryang
04-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Much better as of late. So if they make the playoffs they're hitting their stride at just the right time. This is the point Knicks fans are making.

Which they are and I agree. Just not worried about the Knicks in a playoff series to say the least.

TylerSL
04-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Well the Knicks have won 11 of 14 and ATL has lost 20 of 26... so it's trending in NY's favor and they clearly have a more talented roster, especially with Hortford out.

ATL finishing 5-4 right now seems like a huge leap considering they've gone 6 and 20. 3-6 seems like the more realistic finish for them which means NY would only need to go 4-3.

Of course it is possible, but I really would not expect it. When New York has to have 3 less losses than Atlanta the rest of the season and every team left on their schedule is a playoff team it leaves no room for error. It is even more dire when you look at Atlanta's schedule as they still have Cleveland (home), Detroit (home), Boston (home), and Milwaukee (away) to play. I say Atlanta takes all 4 of those games as Atlanta has been a good home team (21-14) and been horrendous on the road this year (11-27), but the road game is against the Bucks.

If Atlanta takes all 4 of those games the Knicks can continue to stay in it as long as they keep winning. Atlanta's other 5 remaining games are against playoff teams home games against the Bulls, Heat, and Bobcats, and road games @Indiana and @Brooklyn. If Atlanta wins those 4 discussed above and takes just 1 of these games then New York would have to go 6-1 to make the playoffs. It's definitely possible, I just do not see it likely.

xxplayerxx23
04-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Miami should fear nobody in the playoffs. Has anybody minus the pacers and Boston in the east pushed them to 6?

Beltrans Mole
04-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Of course it is possible, but I really would not expect it. When New York has to have 3 less losses than Atlanta the rest of the season and every team left on their schedule is a playoff team it leaves no room for error. It is even more dire when you look at Atlanta's schedule as they still have Cleveland (home), Detroit (home), Boston (home), and Milwaukee (away) to play. I say Atlanta takes all 4 of those games as Atlanta has been a good home team (21-14) and been horrendous on the road this year (11-27), but the road game is against the Bucks.

If Atlanta takes all 4 of those games the Knicks can continue to stay in it as long as they keep winning. Atlanta's other 5 remaining games are against playoff teams home games against the Bulls, Heat, and Bobcats, and road games @Indiana and @Brooklyn. If Atlanta wins those 4 discussed above and takes just 1 of these games then New York would have to go 6-1 to make the playoffs. It's definitely possible, I just do not see it likely.

Saying Atlanta takes ANY game right now is a stretch, that's how terrible they've been. They barely beat the Sixers at home the other night. I'd say it is very possible that they finish their last nine games at 3-6, which leaves the door open for the Knicks to go 4-3 and sneak in. The Knicks have a very tough schedule, but they've also been a much better team over the past month. If they can beat BK tonight and have ATL lose to CHI things will get really interesting.

koreancabbage
04-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Miami should fear nobody in the playoffs. Has anybody minus the pacers and Boston in the east pushed them to 6?

should def still fear Indiana a bit. their size is still their advantage against the Heat. I don't think Indiana 'fears' Miami or vice versa. They know its going to be a dog fight and both teams know they are pretty much on equal footing

colinskik
04-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Which they are and I agree. Just not worried about the Knicks in a playoff series to say the least.

Fair enough, but that's not what you said.

Jazzgear
04-02-2014, 03:24 PM
no one did, but I just dont understand the need for the playoffs and knicks fans wanting it so bad. Knicks need a major change of their roster.

If for nothing else to ensure the Nuggets don't get a lottery pick with the Knicks 1st rounder

xxplayerxx23
04-02-2014, 03:39 PM
should def still fear Indiana a bit. their size is still their advantage against the Heat. I don't think Indiana 'fears' Miami or vice versa. They know its going to be a dog fight and both teams know they are pretty much on equal footing

Maybe but can Indy get there?

NYKnickFanatic
04-02-2014, 09:57 PM
;)

Beltrans Mole
04-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Well well well. ATL is begging us to take this final spot.

ryang
04-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Fair enough, but that's not what you said.

I thought that's what I said?? We would wipe the floor with the Knicks. Heat in 5 worse case scenario. They don't belong in a playoff series with the Heat period. Only reason I fear them is because of what happened to me from 16 to 19. History makes me scared. Not the product that is the Knicks today.

mudvayne387
04-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Still have a ways to go, but don't kid yourselves , the Pacers/Heat would much rather play the Hawks in round 1. The Knicks are one year removed from a 50 win season and their core is still in tact. Sooner or later you had to assume they were going to go on some sort of run. It's sad really, this team should of been battling for the division. Oh well ....

D-Leethal
04-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Miami will smoke us. Indy on the other hand dosen't scare me so much.

koreancabbage
04-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Still have a ways to go, but don't kid yourselves , the Pacers/Heat would much rather play the Hawks in round 1. The Knicks are one year removed from a 50 win season and their core is still in tact. Sooner or later you had to assume they were going to go on some sort of run. It's sad really, this team should of been battling for the division. Oh well ....

ROFL. Miami could care less about the Knicks in the playoffs. Indiana could be more cautious with the Knicks however.

but those 50 wins were based on the fact that every player on the Knicks continue to shoot and knock down 3s every game at a torrid pace - I think it was like a historical trend of some sort or along that line on how many three pointers they made/shot.

NYKnickFanatic
04-03-2014, 05:45 AM
Playoffs are a whole new season. Anything can happen.

mudvayne387
04-03-2014, 07:41 AM
ROFL. Miami could care less about the Knicks in the playoffs. Indiana could be more cautious with the Knicks however.

but those 50 wins were based on the fact that every player on the Knicks continue to shoot and knock down 3s every game at a torrid pace - I think it was like a historical trend of some sort or along that line on how many three pointers they made/shot.

You are completely wrong on this one.

Lets see, play a Hawks team that's in free fall mode with less travel involved or play a red hot Knicks team who have impressive wins vs Indy,GS, and Brooklyn in the past two weeks...

No one ever said they would beat the Heat, but don't sit there and look foolish by saying they don't care who they play...

ryang
04-03-2014, 07:46 AM
Playoffs are a whole new season. Anything can happen.

You mean like Lebron going down?? That's about the only way the Knicks don't get dismissed in 5. Now if you play Indiana ill listen. Maybe after that anything can happen but meeting Miami in the first round is not a good thing for New York

NYKnickFanatic
04-03-2014, 07:54 AM
You mean like Lebron going down?? That's about the only way the Knicks don't get dismissed in 5. Now if you play Indiana ill listen. Maybe after that anything can happen but meeting Miami in the first round is not a good thing for New York

No pressure for NY to play Miami

monty77
04-03-2014, 09:06 AM
If Melo performs 100% all the games thoughtout playoffs, they maybe win a game against Heat or Pacers, but I'd bet they are sweeped. However I clap its actitude to try hard to reach the 8th spot, all the more taking into account the depth in the draft this year.

I don't think Hawks tank this year, because they started very strong but after Horford injury they miss all the chances to be competitive. Besides, Knicks have played acceptably since they hire Phill Jackson. It is likely this fact motivated him, or maybe they began to work lately, such as Nets did.

The ausence of Chandler wounded them very much because you cannot be a good defensive team without your main defensive player, more if the other players in the paint are Bagniani and Stoudamire, two of the worst defensive player in the league.

Bosh is more harmful to Chandler than Hibbert because he would cause that Tyson plays out of the paint in order to avoid his long range shoots. I would like to see Melo-James match and Chandler-Bosh too. But even if Melo and Chandler equalize forces with them, there are other players in Miami able to make a difference: Wade, Battier and Chambers are better than Shumpert, Felton and Stoudamire. Furthermore, Miami plays like a team and they have a deep roster, so it would be hard they win a game.

Indiana also plays like a team, they are the best defender team and they have a lot of physical players at the backcourt spots. They have two talented players as West and Scola at the PF position, and they would hurt Knicks without no doubt, all the more if Chandler is busy with Hibbert. Maybe they could win a game at home, but it is unlikely.

As a matter of fact, I believe that any team in the East could win more than one game to Heat or Indiana. Maybe Chicago would be able to win Indiana 2 games, but I expect both team reach Conference finals without losing more than 2 games althogeter the first two rounds.

sportsfan222
04-03-2014, 09:23 AM
its a god damn joke how either the knicks or the hawks will be in the playoffs this year.

its so funny listening to knick fans talk about how good there team is now all of the sudden, when even in the best case scenario they will finish 4 games under 500 heading into the playoffs.

are they a bigger threat then atlanta? yes, but who cares that does not say much.

the nba needs to do away with conferences starting next year and make it top 16 teams in nba get into playoffs.

This isnt just a one year thing, for so many years it seems that the 7th and 8th spots in the east, more the 8th, are always taken by a team under 500, while u will have a team in the west finish with 45 plus and not even make it.

no more crappy teams like the knicks, hawks, or bucks getting into playoffs with awful records. (i say bucks because last year they made it 8 games under 500 i believe which was another joke).

make the change adam silver!!!

NYJ - NYY
04-03-2014, 09:30 AM
Alotta people mad in here... Let a fan base live a little bit no one is proclaiming nba champs but through all the ******** out fan base has had to go through with the piss poor management and the injuries we still have a chance to compete and you guys can say what you want but if Knicks go into the playoffs playing as they have over the past 15 games... It should be fun to say the least... So stop
*****ing and hope for the most competitive playoffs possible... Let's go Knicks!!

nycericanguy
04-03-2014, 09:34 AM
]If Melo performs 100% all the games thoughtout playoffs, they maybe win a game against Heat or Pacers[/B], but I'd bet they are sweeped. However I clap its actitude to try hard to reach the 8th spot, all the more taking into account the depth in the draft this year.

I don't think Hawks tank this year, because they started very strong but after Horford injury they miss all the chances to be competitive. Besides, Knicks have played acceptably since they hire Phill Jackson. It is likely this fact motivated him, or maybe they began to work lately, such as Nets did.

The ausence of Chandler wounded them very much because you cannot be a good defensive team without your main defensive player, more if the other players in the paint are Bagniani and Stoudamire, two of the worst defensive player in the league.

Bosh is more harmful to Chandler than Hibbert because he would cause that Tyson plays out of the paint in order to avoid his long range shoots. I would like to see Melo-James match and Chandler-Bosh too. But even if Melo and Chandler equalize forces with them, there are other players in Miami able to make a difference: Wade, Battier and Chambers are better than Shumpert, Felton and Stoudamire. Furthermore, Miami plays like a team and they have a deep roster, so it would be hard they win a game.

Indiana also plays like a team, they are the best defender team and they have a lot of physical players at the backcourt spots. They have two talented players as West and Scola at the PF position, and they would hurt Knicks without no doubt, all the more if Chandler is busy with Hibbert. Maybe they could win a game at home, but it is unlikely.

As a matter of fact, I believe that any team in the East could win more than one game to Heat or Indiana. Maybe Chicago would be able to win Indiana 2 games, but I expect both team reach Conference finals without losing more than 2 games althogeter the first two rounds.

lol WTH?

You do realize the Knicks last year were a few minutes away from taking IND to a game 7 at MSG?

And Melo was playing with a torn shoulder, hardly 100%... JR had a torn meniscus and gave them nothing, Tyson had a stiff neck and gave them nothing...

What's so different now that NY will need Melo to "perform 100%" just to get 1 win?

If anything I think IND is worse this year, they let Hansborough, Augustine, Green and Plumlee go, and replaced them with Watson, Scola, Turner & Copeland who doesn't even play. The new guys, especially Turner and Copeland don't really seem to fit.

nycericanguy
04-03-2014, 09:36 AM
its a god damn joke how either the knicks or the hawks will be in the playoffs this year.

its so funny listening to knick fans talk about how good there team is now all of the sudden, when even in the best case scenario they will finish 4 games under 500 heading into the playoffs.

are they a bigger threat then atlanta? yes, but who cares that does not say much.

the nba needs to do away with conferences starting next year and make it top 16 teams in nba get into playoffs.

This isnt just a one year thing, for so many years it seems that the 7th and 8th spots in the east, more the 8th, are always taken by a team under 500, while u will have a team in the west finish with 45 plus and not even make it.

no more crappy teams like the knicks, hawks, or bucks getting into playoffs with awful records. (i say bucks because last year they made it 8 games under 500 i believe which was another joke).

make the change adam silver!!!

who cares? i don't get why people get upset about stuff like this. there will always be tougher divisions in sports, you can't change that nor should you try.

The Yankees, Red sox, and Rays all play in the same division and a team can win 90 games and not make the playoffs... that's life! these things go in cycles... you don't change the rules every time the cycle comes back around. Maybe in 10 years the East will be much better than the west... so be it.

NYKnickFanatic
04-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Alotta people mad in here... Let a fan base live a little bit no one is proclaiming nba champs but through all the ******** out fan base has had to go through with the piss poor management and the injuries we still have a chance to compete and you guys can say what you want but if Knicks go into the playoffs playing as they have over the past 15 games... It should be fun to say the least... So stop
*****ing and hope for the most competitive playoffs possible... Let's go Knicks!!

Exactly. I'm not saying we are going to the Finals and winning it all. I'm not saying we are going to sweep Miami. But people act like the Heat are unbeatable, not saying we will beat them if we make the playoffs and play them. I think we can definitely win two games against them and there is no doubt in my mind we can beat Indiana, if they continue their bad play and we continue with our good play.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Exactly. I'm not saying we are going to the Finals and winning it all. I'm not saying we are going to sweep Miami. But people act like the Heat are unbeatable, not saying we will beat them if we make the playoffs and play them. I think we can definitely win two games against them and there is no doubt in my mind we can beat Indiana, if they continue their bad play and we continue with our good play.

Knicks fans are funny. When Knicks are on a win streak they tease their fans into thinking they are a good team. Then they'll go on a losing streak and then their fans hate the team.

False hopes...

NYKnickFanatic
04-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Knicks fans are funny. When Knicks are on a win streak they tease their fans into thinking they are a good team. Then they'll go on a losing streak and then their fans hate the team.

False hopes...

Oh god, this creature that lives under a bridge...

NYJ - NYY
04-03-2014, 02:49 PM

False hopes...

It's not false hope... It's called fan hood, we believe in the best product our team can put in the court because saw most the same team do it last year... Yes some of us may have Knicks blinders on but who cares it's the love we have for our team our city that makes us feel and act and say the things we do... Everyone should be so passionate for their team and their team should be so lucky to have a fan base that believes in them over anything

FlashBolt
04-03-2014, 03:07 PM
They'll get swept by Miami unless Carmelo happens to go on an unstoppable scoring spree. Just not going to happen. They are done this year. Making it to the playoffs might help Melo realize that they can at least get there but other than that, I don't see how they'll be making an impact. If anything, this is actually better for Miami as I believe Atlanta would've been tougher to knock out.

sportsfan222
04-03-2014, 03:09 PM

False hopes...here is what knick fans really are like.

when they r winning, they can beat anyone, they r awesome, etc. however when they r losing, just blame woodson because its always his fault, but when winning its the players.

Beltrans Mole
04-03-2014, 04:18 PM
here is what knick fans really are like.

when they r winning, they can beat anyone, they r awesome, etc. however when they r losing, just blame woodson because its always his fault, but when winning its the players.

Because other teams aren't like that at all, just NY.

sportsfan222
04-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Because other teams aren't like that at all, just NY.
in reference to the '' we can beat anyone, they r awesome, etc'' part, yes that is true with many fan bases.

however, all i here from knick fans when they have been losing all season how its all woodsons fault.

one would think the players r playing to perfection and the coach is the main reason they r 10 games under 500 and needed a hawks collapse just to get back into the absolutely atrocious playoff race for the 8th seed in the east.

smith&wesson
04-03-2014, 07:05 PM
If the knicks face the pacers we could actually see the 8th seed team upset the 1st. we havent seen that since... well since gs and dallas lol

smith&wesson
04-03-2014, 07:07 PM
It's not false hope... It's called fan hood, we believe in the best product our team can put in the court because saw most the same team do it last year... Yes some of us may have Knicks blinders on but who cares it's the love we have for our team our city that makes us feel and act and say the things we do... Everyone should be so passionate for their team and their team should be so lucky to have a fan base that believes in them over anything

very well said. thats exactly how i feel about my raptors.

NBA_Starter
04-03-2014, 08:20 PM
I want the Heat to get the 1 seed but I want the Pacers to have to face the Knicks.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-03-2014, 09:58 PM
I don't care if they get in. I refuse to watch any eastern conference playoff games. All those teams do not belong in the playoffs. The matchups right now are laughable. I wanted to watch Miami vs the Pacers but the Pacers style of ball bores me to death and they can't score. The league really needs to have a balanced schedule where everybody plays each other three times. Then take the top 16 teams and eliminate conferences and divisions.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-03-2014, 10:11 PM
who cares? i don't get why people get upset about stuff like this. there will always be tougher divisions in sports, you can't change that nor should you try.

The Yankees, Red sox, and Rays all play in the same division and a team can win 90 games and not make the playoffs... that's life! these things go in cycles... you don't change the rules every time the cycle comes back around. Maybe in 10 years the East will be much better than the west... so be it.

You might be right, the east might be better than the West in 10 years and Western Conference teams will be getting in over Eastern Conference teams when they don't deserve it. That doesn't make it right. If you fix the issue now it will prohibit a west team in the future from getting rewarded by obtaining extra revenue for playoff games even though they would be built far worse than an eastern team. If you want what's best for the NBA, you would want the Suns to make the playoffs instead of the Knicks since they are the fat better team.

ryang
04-03-2014, 10:32 PM
You might be right, the east might be better than the West in 10 years and Western Conference teams will be getting in over Eastern Conference teams when they don't deserve it. That doesn't make it right. If you fix the issue now it will prohibit a west team in the future from getting rewarded by obtaining extra revenue for playoff games even though they would be built far worse than an eastern team. If you want what's best for the NBA, you would want the Suns to make the playoffs instead of the Knicks since they are the fat better team.

I hear what your saying but I don't agree. First off the knick even with there struggles would beat the suns in a series regardless of regular season wins. Second off I'd rather watch the Knicks over Phoenix any day of the week. You can't just say oh the west has better 6-8 seeds. Nobody cares. I don't want to watch Phoenix. This is coming from a person who hates the Knicks and wishes nothing but the worst for them. The Knicks would knock Phoenix right out the playoffs.

mudvayne387
04-03-2014, 10:48 PM
I don't care if they get in. I refuse to watch any eastern conference playoff games. All those teams do not belong in the playoffs. The matchups right now are laughable. I wanted to watch Miami vs the Pacers but the Pacers style of ball bores me to death and they can't score. The league really needs to have a balanced schedule where everybody plays each other three times. Then take the top 16 teams and eliminate conferences and divisions.

This is so dumb. It is the same in any sport. A 7-9 team makes the playoffs in the NFL. A team with 86 pts makes the NHL payoffs. Etc ...

It all evens itself out ....

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-03-2014, 11:35 PM
I hear what your saying but I don't agree. First off the knick even with there struggles would beat the suns in a series regardless of regular season wins. Second off I'd rather watch the Knicks over Phoenix any day of the week. You can't just say oh the west has better 6-8 seeds. Nobody cares. I don't want to watch Phoenix. This is coming from a person who hates the Knicks and wishes nothing but the worst for them. The Knicks would knock Phoenix right out the playoffs.

I'm sorry but a team 14 games above 500 would not lose to a team 10 games under. By the way, the 14 games over .500 team obtained that record through a much tougher schedule. They didn't get to play the seven dregs of the East four times each. That's 28 games against teams with d league talent. That's how the Knicks have gone on a run these past couple of weeks. Did you see who they beat for the 8 game winning streak? They were 20 games under .500. They aren't beating anybody from the west. I would take the Wolves and the Nuggets over them and I think the Pelicans could give them a good run as well.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-03-2014, 11:58 PM
This is so dumb. It is the same in any sport. A 7-9 team makes the playoffs in the NFL. A team with 86 pts makes the NHL payoffs. Etc ...

It all evens itself out ....

So because its done in other sports its okay? Why not be innovative? It evens out but it shouldn't have to. The 16 best teams should always be in. This is not against the Knicks. If you look at my post history I am a Knick supporter. But if there were even schedules throughout the leagues the Knicks, as well as the Bobcats, Washington, Brooklyn, and Chicago would not be in the playoffs. They have winning records against the east and losing records vs the west.

lamzoka
04-04-2014, 12:41 AM

Who gives a **** if u watch or not... Don't watch any other NBA game for the rest of ur life and see if anybody here cares.

ryang
04-04-2014, 01:02 AM
I'm sorry but a team 14 games above 500 would not lose to a team 10 games under. By the way, the 14 games over .500 team obtained that record through a much tougher schedule. They didn't get to play the seven dregs of the East four times each. That's 28 games against teams with d league talent. That's how the Knicks have gone on a run these past couple of weeks. Did you see who they beat for the 8 game winning streak? They were 20 games under .500. They aren't beating anybody from the west. I would take the Wolves and the Nuggets over them and I think the Pelicans could give them a good run as well.

You can throw out all the regular season says you want. The fact remains its the regular season. If we go by that then the celtics and bulls never allowed Miami to win a title. Make sense? If not you haven't watched those teams wipe the floor with Miami in the regular season only to be bounced out the playoffs by the Heat. The Knicks would destroy Phoenix in a playoff series plain and simple. If that's not enough for you then let me say , everyone I know would much rather watch the Knicks then the suns. Ps I hate the Knicks. There better then the suns though.

SouthSideRookie
04-04-2014, 01:13 AM
You can throw out all the regular season says you want. The fact remains its the regular season. If we go by that then the celtics and bulls never allowed Miami to win a title. Make sense? If not you haven't watched those teams wipe the floor with Miami in the regular season only to be bounced out the playoffs by the Heat. The Knicks would destroy Phoenix in a playoff series plain and simple. If that's not enough for you then let me say , everyone I know would much rather watch the Knicks then the suns. Ps I hate the Knicks. There better then the suns though.

LOL

Suns backcourt would run circles over NYs. They would likely run the Knicks out of the building.

Ask any Knick fan what they think about their starting point.

ryang
04-04-2014, 02:23 AM
The Knicks would send Phoenix fishing. Worse case , a 7 game series that the suns win if that makes you happy. Neither team is winning the title, so who gives a ****.

FriedTofuz
04-04-2014, 02:53 AM

oh great, another heat fan clueless about basketball. The suns would get destroyed? if the suns were in the east, they might even have the 2nd seed.

ryang
04-04-2014, 03:41 AM
Another western conference dumbass. Phoenix = doo doo. The Knicks = doo doo. I'm not sure which one smells worse but the Knicks would beat Phoenix if not great. Who cares? This was a discussion about how we should change the playoff format for teams like Phoenix over the Knicks. That idea is ********. Try reading the conversation so you don't take it out of context.

ryang
04-04-2014, 03:48 AM
So the suns = the Heat or the pacers? You said number 2 seed. Yet you talk about clueless. I'm not defending the east. Could care less , but the idea of Phoenix being a lock to win any playoff series is laughable to say the least regardless were not changing the format of the playoffs for teams like Phoenix because you think they'd beat the Knicks and some how be a number 2 seed. Thank god people like you have nothing to do with these types of decisions.

Guppyfighter
04-04-2014, 05:48 AM
There is zero chance Knicks could beat the Suns in a playoff series.

elledaddy
04-04-2014, 06:51 AM
There is zero chance Knicks could beat the Suns in a playoff series.

Why? What about Phoenix tells you that it would be ZERO chance that NY can beat the suns in a series?

jimm120
04-04-2014, 08:05 AM
I don't know what this conversation has devolved into but just want to say that the Knicks are dangerous when they're hot. That said, they usually run out of hate mojo. Streaky.

2011 they had a 7 game win streak and then went like 1-2 during final 2 games. Lost 4-0 to Boston. Close games with them but injuries to billups and a,are fudged it up.

2012 they ended the season 18-6 but lost the mojo in the playoffs against Miami. Plus, again injuries. Lin not wanting to play, Davis. Breaking his leg. Shumpert breaking his leg.

2013 they ended the season on a 14 game win streak and their. Ono continued till game 3 of the Boston series. But they lost it in game 4 and ended up going 3-6 over their next few games.

The team is streaky. It's been that way for a while now. If the Knicks can stay streaky now, they'll get into the playoffs. If they stay streaky during the playoffs, they'll be a tough opponent in the playoffs. Unfortunately, their streamlines won't last the whole playoffs.

That said, GO KNICKS,! :)

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-04-2014, 09:07 AM
Who gives a **** if u watch or not... Don't watch any other NBA game for the rest of ur life and see if anybody here cares.

Don't be so upset.

And my viewership won't affect anyone. But my opinion of not wanting to waste 2 hours of my life watching crap basketball is prevalent throughout the country. Ratings are going to suffer which means the NBA is going to suffer. The only people that will watch these games have a fan ship for either one of the teams. There is no match up that will bring in an audience outside of those particular fangroups and that is not good for the sport.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot. Imagine the Knicks were in the tougher conference and had the better record. But the Western Conference was weak and the sons got in because they played inferior competition and feasted on them. Would you not be screaming to the ceiling having to watch the Suns instead of the Knicks?

Once again, don't be so upset